Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Dm Mathpro's Crypt of the Everflame Game

Game Master mathpro18


751 to 800 of 1,193 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>

Female Human Paladin 2 HPs 17/21

I forgot, Tarvinda uses her Detect Evil ability in the chamber, to go with the perception, as per the description.


Male Human Bard 2

Neculai will search as well, although he can get no higher than the people already taking 20s.


Tarvinda you do not sense any more evil in the room and you guys find a burned up key and a dagger. If you cast detect magic the dagger does radiate a faint magical aura(its a +1 dagger).


Male Tiefling Ranger(Trapper)-1/Cleric-1

Xeros lowers his bow but still looks around him waiting for more trouble to come out. "Another key how nice, what do you think is doing this to our fellow townsfolk?"

He looks to ground to see if he can see any other tracks, Perception:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19


Female Succubus touched Ninja 2

"I bet that is the key needed for the door in the pool room."


Female Human Paladin 2 HPs 17/21

"And a really useful weapon too, though it's a little on the small side for my use. Who might use it to good effect?" asks Tarvinda as she slowly recovers herself.


Male Tiefling Ranger(Trapper)-1/Cleric-1

Still looking around Xeros replies, "Would our Pia like it? Since she wasn't given a gift from the chest, if you wish to take it my dear you have my okay."


Male Human Bard 2

That's fine with me too, I suppose. I have no need for it.


Female Succubus touched Ninja 2

"I would be a good back up, if my Wakizashi gets damaged."


With the key found and the dagger given to Etna you've completed this side of the crypt. Going off of Pia's suggestion you head back to the pool room and try the key you found in fire on the locked door and it does open.

A small stone bench sits in the center of this dusty chamber. On the far wall is a faded mural depicting the hero Kassen defeating the mercenaries at the entrance to this crypt, with his blade piercing the chest of the mercenary leader. These figures stand alone in the center of the scene of carnage, with dead villagers and mercenaries all around them. I will need a perception check from everyone.


Female Human Paladin 2 HPs 17/21

Despite the mural of her hero being so prominent n the room, Tarvinda is still quite alert, her shield and weapon ready. With all he dust, she wonders how long ago anyone or anything might have entered here.

Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15


Female Succubus touched Ninja 2

I'll get the map up late in the evening.


Male Tiefling Ranger(Trapper)-1/Cleric-1

Still holding out his bow Xeros looks onto the mural with cautious eyes, ready for another undead to show themselves.

Perception:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

"Do you sense any evil in the room Tarvinda?" The tiefling quietly asks the palladin. "By the drunkards hidden card, I'll bet if there's a spirit in this room it will be a nasty one."


Female Human Paladin 2 HPs 17/21

"No I haven't specifically looked, with Kassen's victory mural, it can't be that evil lurks in the room. Though she rather dallies over using the ability, for she thinks surely an evil presence would have given itself up by now, she does as Xeros wishes.

Use her detect evil ability.


Female Succubus touched Ninja 2

Western Side Map 3


Tarvinda:
You take a closer look at the painting and notice that both Kassen and the mercenary leader are wearing golden necklaces, each made up of a simple golden chain, from which hangs an oddly shaped medallion. While not identical the amulets look similar.

You also do not detect any evil in the room.


Female Human Paladin 2 HPs 17/21

Tarvinda points out to Xeros and the the rest of her friends something interesting in the picture.

If you take note of Tarvinda you may read the spoiler for Tarvinda above.


Male Human Bard 2

That is interesting, Tarvinda.

Bardic Knowledge: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

I haven't the foggiest idea of what either of those are.


Male Tiefling Ranger(Trapper)-1/Cleric-1

Xeros moves closer to the mural checking the sides of it to see how it's put on the wall and if its trapped at all. "Thank you for checking for me Tarvinda, but these undead minions got me more paranoid then usual." He finishes with a grin and continues to check the mural.

Perception:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14


Female Succubus touched Ninja 2

waking up the thread


Male Human Bard 2

Neculai is just keeping watch, at this point. Making sure nothing sneaks up on us. He shows little to no fear, but is paranoid. this is the most danger he's been in in quite a while.


Female Human Paladin 2 HPs 17/21

"Well if we're done here, lets carry on down the corridor." says Tarvinda in a confident voice.


Male Tiefling Ranger(Trapper)-1/Cleric-1

"Agreed my dear paladin, let us take our leave of this room then." Xeros goes first with his bow drawn but the arrow not as tight on the string.


DM eyes only:

Number of arrow attacks:1d4 ⇒ 4
Arrows on Xeros:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 121d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 301d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 181d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
Crit Conformation on Xeros:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25
Arrows on Tarvinda:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 191d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 221d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 261d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Arrows on Neculai:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 261d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 271d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 291d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25
Arrows on Pia:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 121d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 201d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 111d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
Damage on Xeros:5d8 ⇒ (8, 7, 8, 7, 8) = 38
Damage on Tarvinda:4d8 ⇒ (3, 4, 3, 8) = 18
Damage on Neculai:3d8 ⇒ (7, 5, 5) = 17
Damage on Pia:2d8 ⇒ (6, 4) = 10

You guys head into the southern hallway and find another door. It isn't locked so you make your way in. A single pillar in the center of the room supports this wide, domed chamber. The pillar is surrounded by a pit, but a stone bridge crosses the pit on the south side. Dozens of arrows jut from holes in the pillar facing every direction. As everyone enters into the room the door you enter through slams shut and the pillar starts to spin, spitting arrows at everyone in the room. Xeros you take 38 nonleathal damage, Tarvinda you take 18 nonlethal damage, neculai you take 17 nonlethal, and pai you take 10 nonlethal.

OUCH! That dice roller really didn't like Xeros...our poor cleric. Does the bard know CLW?


Female Succubus touched Ninja 2

seeing the arrows fly in
"Duck"

after it settles down

"Ouch, that hurts."

I'll get the middle map ready


The mechanism is still spinning but it looks like you have a few seconds before it spits another volley. There are 3 doors in the room: the one you came in(which slammed shut), a door to the east, and a door to the south. You could also try to disable the trap.

Totally forgot about andwell...has anyone seen him around? He hasn't posted in like a month...


Male Human Bard 2

I do not, in fact, have CLW.

Holy.....Ouch. That's really, really, painful.

Haven't heard anything from him.


Female Human Paladin 2 HPs 17/21

Tarvinda falls slumped on the floor unconscious, as the arrows hit.


Female Succubus touched Ninja 2

Bottom Middle Map


Male Human Bard 2

"Here goes nothing!" Neculai, before the mechanism starts up again, runs over to the pillar, trying to get in range before it starts again, and releases a full-on assault with Chord of Shards, trying to get his hand as close to the pillar as possible.

Point-blank chord of shards, dunno if you want to give a bonus for the lack of range, and vs a single target, but here we go.2d6 ⇒ (5, 3) = 8


Male Tiefling Ranger(Trapper)-1/Cleric-1

No it doesn't!

Seeing the Drunkard's luck has failed him here, Xeros falls into the darkness of unconsciousness.

Seeing that I am only at 7 hp currently, all that non-lethal doesn't end up killing me right?


Female Succubus touched Ninja 2

it won't


Male Human Bard 2

I know it doesn't, but some GMs award circumstantial bonuses. I was just saying it in case he wanted to.

Also, you aren't dead Xeros. Not yet.


Female Human Paladin 2 HPs 17/21

If I read it right, the first 18 non-lethal HPs, take Xeros to 0 non-lethal, then any excess becomes lethal, so Xeros takes 20 lethal HPs. So is at -2 HPs and needs a stability roll. But I am very prepared to be wrong about that.


Male Human Bard 2

Tarvinda's correct. You're at -2. Sorry buddy. Your Total hitpoints =/= hP+con, which is what it takes to kill you. So you started taking lethal at damage 19.


Hmm...well that sucks but it makes sense also. Xeros I'll need a stability roll from you. Its essentially a fort save -2(since your at -2 hp) and you need to beat DC 10

DM eyes only:

Number of arrow attacks:1d4 ⇒ 4
Arrows on Neculai:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 211d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 301d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 211d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17
Crit confirm on Neculai:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25
Arrows on Pia:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 191d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 301d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 271d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Crit confirm on Pia:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
Damage on Neculai:5d8 ⇒ (8, 5, 4, 7, 8) = 32
Damage on Pia:5d8 ⇒ (7, 6, 5, 5, 4) = 27

Neculai your spell seems to have little effect on the post and it shoots out another volley of arrows. Pia you take 27 nonlethal damage and Neculai you take 32 nonlethal damage.

Well this dice roller really doesn't like you guys...give me a little bit to decide what I want to do...you're input would be welcome here as well.


Female Human Paladin 2 HPs 17/21

So I guess we're all down at the moment then...sleep seems good!!!


yep everyone's down...


Male Tiefling Ranger(Trapper)-1/Cleric-1

"zzzzzzzz"

Fort Check:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17


Female Succubus touched Ninja 2

This is also a chance for new characters for those that could want it,
as some of us could wake up and see one or two comrades being eaten after being killed in their sleep.
Though I think I'll stay with Enta here.


Female Human Paladin 2 HPs 17/21

Tarvinda is good to wake up... ;)
We miss Andwell, maybe a replacement rogue would help, if Andwell is indisposed. Can come and wake us up.


Female Succubus touched Ninja 2

Etna's a ninja, so she can act as Andwell's replacement.


Male Human Bard 2

Ninjas don't get trapfinding. Also, you can't exactly wake us up. On a related note, I'm not down, I'm dead. Only just barely, but I'm dead, unless I make a con check, DC 23.

Con Check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

I lose 1hp, and die.


Female Succubus touched Ninja 2

Ninja, don't get trap finding, true, but that doesn't mean a ninja can't disarm a trap. (magical one no, mechanical one yes)


Female Succubus touched Ninja 2

Ouch, I'm at -3 HP

Con Check: 1d20 ⇒ 6DC: 13
Con Check: 1d20 ⇒ 3DC: 14
Con Check: 1d20 ⇒ 14DC: 15
Con Check: 1d20 ⇒ 20DC: 16

Stable at -5 HP.


Male Tiefling Ranger(Trapper)-1/Cleric-1

Xeros will be waking up as well, he does have trapfinding since he has a level in Trapper(ranger), hehe. So between me and Etna were good with traps and locks.


Male Human Bard 2

I suppose that's true. I didn't realize that you had such a high DD. In any case, those at -anything with lethal won't be getting up anytime soon. Nonlethal may heal at a rate of 1/level/hour, but not lethal.


Female Human Paladin 2 HPs 17/21

So with Neculai dead, Xeros and Etna with lethal damage at -something, it means that Tarvinda will be the first to surface after 18 hours. Not sure what Neculai wants to do next? As he was our only arcane magic user. I'm hoping that our DM allows us 18 hours to recover.

It is some time later that Tarvinda stirs, her body aching and bruised all over, yet surprisingly no blood. She stays very still, as her eyes blink open, remembering the last thing that happened. The volley of arrows, the blackness and pain that followed. With her eyes open, she scans what she can see without moving, a body lies across the way, the slow rising and falling of her chest shows Pia is alive, Tarvinda whispers at Pia, "Pia...Pia can you hear me?" Nothing stirs, no answer returns, At least she is still alive thinks Tarvinda as her mind wonders about her other charges, Xeros and Neculai. Slowly she lifts her head and turns it, to see the rest of the chamber, two bodies lying slumped and lying in pools of drying brown blood. "I've failed" says a crestfallen Tarvinda to herself, "but no maybe they're alive." Tarvinda crawls slowly, imperceptibly slowly, inch by inch, centimeter by centimeter towards Xeros.

Reaching the limp and bloodied form of Xeros, he hand lays on his chest as she silently calls for Iomedae's blessing on her friend to restore his life. Lay on Hands 1d6 ⇒ 5 She waits a moment, then whispers in his ear, "Xeros, stay still don't move, just tell me are you alive?"


Male Human Bard 2

I was actually thinking I might lay here for a while. :P

Regarding OOC actions, I'm not entirely sure. I'm going to wait for the DM before I get started on anything, though.


Well Neculai if you want to make a different character you can.

Tarvinda you awaken to see the room filled with blunt tipped arrows and your body is still racked with pain. You have a feeling that the barage continued even after everyone had passed out. You slowly crawl towards Xeros and put your hand on his chest. You feel a slow and weak heart beat begin to beat back against your hand and it reassures you that he is indeed alive.

You look to Neculai and you get the feeling that there is nothing you can do for him. He looks to have been tenderized by arrows, his skin black and blue.

751 to 800 of 1,193 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dm Mathpro's Crypt of the Everflame Game All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.