Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Diablo: Rise of Darkness Gameplay (Inactive)

Game Master Ravagwen Darksbane


151 to 200 of 310 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

12/12 HP, 10 AC, +2 Fort, +2 Ref, +2 Will, Fire Jet 8/8, Bonded Item 1/1, Per +1

Sorry. Long busy weekend.

Cole just listens, seeming torn for a while the eventually sighs and steps forward to join them.

"You people are crazy, but I need to go with you. Don't ask me why. It seems like a bad idea to me too."


Female Human 5/2 Customer service/ Cashier

After the party agrees to depart into the Cathedral they reach the entrance. An unatural dark aura calls to you to enter almost as though telling you to come and meet your doom. The entrance is dark, from the lights being put out by demons. the reek of death seems to call to you. As the party enters there is the distant sound of demons and other unholy abominations. I need a perception check from everyone. I am going to assume that someone has a light source.


Male Half Elf Oracle of Life 1/Barbarian 2

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23


Male Halfling (Human) Ninja 3

I am decidedly not carrying a light source. I should probably flesh out my equipment a bit better before we actually start the battle.

I have to hand it to the barbarians, they're tough bastards. The women are usually bigger than this one, but if it wasn't obvious before, it's apparent now; Aylya must be from Mount Arreat.

But that's not going to protect her here. She'll deny it to her grave, but even those ice-hardened warriors feel fear. If she's right, if Diablo himself lurks below this cathedral, she'll learn all too well. Even the angels of the High Heavens tremble before battle against the Burning Hells. But it doesn't matter; they can master their fear, and they go marching proudly into battle against Terror himself. May Heaven help us now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11


Male Half-Orc Barbarian/1::Init+2|Perc+5|AC16/T12/FF14|HP 20/20(22)|SavesF+6/R+2/W+1|
Rage Stats:
Str 19, Con 22, Fort +8, Will +3, AC 14/10/12, HP 22, +5 Melee To Hit, +6 Damage Greataxe

Taking out one of his magic rods, Emilio closes his eyes and says some soft words. The tip of the rod glows with a heatless light, illuminating the way down into the Cathedral's underbelly. Slipping the rod into a crook on the back of his belt. "This should help us to see on our way in. I may need to reignite this rod every now and then though. The spell doesn't last long."

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22


Female
Status:
AC 17 : HP9/9 : F+1 : R+3 : W+5 : Init +8 : Pers +4

Just to make clear Aylya NEVER said she did not feel fear, just that from where home fear is what you feel ALL the time, you just have to overcome it or become a liability, Re-read what she said,

Aylya looks on as the fearful little human slinks around,

"he can see in darkness like me, but the others need light"

"Do you wish me to join the hunt now Little one?"

"not yet father bear, lets see what we find ahead"

Aylya moves looking around bow ready.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16 per


Male Halfling (Human) Ninja 3

Those are just my character's personal thoughts and his interpretation of things. You'd also notice that she never said she was from Mount Arreat. Nor did Rasmus ever say he was a southerner; then again, everything is south relative to the mountainous regions inhabited by the barbarian tribes. It's all just character interpretation.

Rasmus coughs violently upon entering the Cathedral. Looking around at the others sheepishly, he offers, by way of explanation, "Smells like corruption." Stifling further bodily reactions, he draws his katars from beneath his cloak. The blades are scarred and worn with use, but still very sharp. The light from Emilio's blowing rod glints off the steel, and Rasmus grins despite himself. "I do better in the dark. Since Frosty's out front, I'll take rear guard." Stepping to the side, he allows the others to step past him to settle himself at the back, cloaking himself in shadows.


Female
Status:
AC 17 : HP9/9 : F+1 : R+3 : W+5 : Init +8 : Pers +4

I see

Aylya looks for a moment to see where the sneak as skunk off to, arr that back.

"He has moved to the back Father bear"

The old one in side here seems to growl in anger

"Of course, he seeks the safest place to run from, wile we fight he can make his mind up to aid or run, thinking of his skin 1st. Southern ones are like this, Little one, if he had true skill and not just a useless mouth ruled by fear his would seek to aid the tribe with his skills, but he is little more than a child lost from his mother. He is as you say less then useless, when we do fight he will be the 1st one to come crowing about his skills after we have done the work. One cut of a blade late to save our skins means nothing when he should have hunted with the pack form the start"

"Yes father bear you are most wise"

Aylya says,

"Who here is good and moving with out sound and seeing in the dark, come front and join me"


12/12 HP, 10 AC, +2 Fort, +2 Ref, +2 Will, Fire Jet 8/8, Bonded Item 1/1, Per +1

Cole raises a hand and one by one four balls of translucent flame flare into being and float away from him, slowly orbiting a few feet above his head.

Dancing Lights


Female Human 5/2 Customer service/ Cashier

As you descend down into the depths of the Cathedral, the stone walls around you quickly change from carved tunnel to natural formations, the feeling of all life and happiness seeming to fade from your bones.

The dead line the walls, or what's left of them. As some of them have started rising, many are placed in sarcophagi, hoping to keep them contained and having a few less dead to worry about.

Emilio and Cole's lights illuminate the tunnel before you and behind you. Even after walking for what feels like forever, the tunnel seems to continue on.

Aylya is no longer with us, so we'll continue as is. I'll roll for Lanfearon, as she hasn't rolled perception yet. Cole, since you didn't roll perception, I'll roll for you too.

Lanfearon: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Cole: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

Everyone but Rasmus, who probably sneezed when the sound happened, hear the subtle sound of several sarcophagi sliding open. Their inhabitants begin crawling out, the bodies having turned into skeletons after years of decay, but there is still some flesh on them. Number of Skeletons: 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 The smell of rot and death reaches your nostrils as the ambush is realized.

DC was a 15. Initiative!

Silver Crusade

Female Half Elf 2 Alchemist /1Inquisitor

Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13


Male Half-Orc Barbarian/1::Init+2|Perc+5|AC16/T12/FF14|HP 20/20(22)|SavesF+6/R+2/W+1|
Rage Stats:
Str 19, Con 22, Fort +8, Will +3, AC 14/10/12, HP 22, +5 Melee To Hit, +6 Damage Greataxe

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17


Male Halfling (Human) Ninja 3

Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Glad I'm not going first. It's always really awkward when the oblivious guy has the first action.


Male Half Elf Oracle of Life 1/Barbarian 2

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18


12/12 HP, 10 AC, +2 Fort, +2 Ref, +2 Will, Fire Jet 8/8, Bonded Item 1/1, Per +1

init: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5


Female Human 5/2 Customer service/ Cashier

Skeletons: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Two more skeletons round the corner from behind you, both of them armed with bows. Two of the skeletons in front of you have bows as well, but they are in the back. Two skeletons with scimitars stand between you and being able to travel deeper into the Labyrinth.

Four skeletons wasn't enough. There are six total: 4 archers, 2 melee. Good luck :D

Initiative:

Dorian: 18
Emilio: 17
Lanfearon: 13
Rasmus: 11 (surprised)
Skeletons: 10
Cole: 5

Dorian's spirits alert him to the dangers of the tunnel first, so he's up.


Male Half Elf Oracle of Life 1/Barbarian 2

Dorian shouts "Gwendal!" and suddenly, his demeanor changes. His stature is like that of a completely different person.

"Ehahahaha!" Gwendal shouts from Dorian's body as he charges towards the nearest skeleton with a Scimitar.

Charge+Rage: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Damage if that hits: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


Male Half-Orc Barbarian/1::Init+2|Perc+5|AC16/T12/FF14|HP 20/20(22)|SavesF+6/R+2/W+1|
Rage Stats:
Str 19, Con 22, Fort +8, Will +3, AC 14/10/12, HP 22, +5 Melee To Hit, +6 Damage Greataxe

Pulling his holy symbol off its chain, Emilio begins to say a pray, then holds the symbol above his head.

A bright light emanates from the symbol, a warm feeling spreading to everyone as the skeletons all halt in their tracks.

Channel Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 5) = 10

I have 6 more channels after this. All the skeletons must do a Will Save DC 16 for half damage.


Female Human 5/2 Customer service/ Cashier

Nice channel. Even half damage would have killed them.

The skeletons die in piles of ash. As they fall, a ghostly whisper rattles everyone's bones.

Thank......you.......

The tunnel continues onward for another few hundred feet, then takes a sharp turn. There seems to be some source of light up ahead.


Male Half Elf Oracle of Life 1/Barbarian 2

"Aaaah..." Dorian sighs with relief.


"Yeah, body swapping tires you still, right?" says Gwendal.

"Don't do it too often, we don't want to hurt Dorian." says Linde.


Male Halfling (Human) Ninja 3

Aylya.

That word...it means something. I mean, is it just me, or was there someone else here before? They're not here now, but I swear something's missing, or my name's Jim-Bob Malkowitz. Right there, in that empty spot up ahead. I hope it doesn't mean what I think it means.

You see, there are extremely powerful magics out there that can re-shape reality. Spells that can make things appear and disappear, and people can be completely removed from existence, leaving only a fading impression. Kind of like what's happening right now. Aylya...

What's an Aylya? Why does that name seem familiar? Why am I just standing here like a moron? Ooh, shiny light!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the skeletons emerge, Rasmus shivers involuntarily, looking around as though dazed. The bright flash of light brings him back to his senses, flooding his chilled bones with a light warmth. Looking around, he only sees smoking ash piles. What did I just miss? Shrugging off the uncanny feeling that's begun to fade from his body, he sneezes.

After a while, he says, "Why don't we have anybody scouting ahead?"


Male Half Elf Oracle of Life 1/Barbarian 2

"I... don't scout that well." Dorian says to Rasmus.


Male Halfling (Human) Ninja 3

Rasmus frowns. If we don't have anybody else to scout, I should already be up there. So why am I hanging back? Shuffling to the front of the group, he says "I'll check ahead. It looks like there's a light up there; you all hang back."

As he steps out of the paladin's wand-light, he pushes himself against the wall, rolling his steps and hunching over as he creeps down the hallway toward the light.

Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

Moving at half-speed for stealth.


12/12 HP, 10 AC, +2 Fort, +2 Ref, +2 Will, Fire Jet 8/8, Bonded Item 1/1, Per +1

Cole's eyes went wide when the priest reduced the skeletons to ash with a single word.

Wow. I am way out of my league.

Silver Crusade

Female Half Elf 2 Alchemist /1Inquisitor

Lanfearon snorts at the dust left behind by the skeletons.

show off.


Female Human 5/2 Customer service/ Cashier

As Rasmus sneaks on ahead past the light of Emilio's rod, the tune from the dead bard seems to fade...

Up ahead, when he rounds the corner, he sees a lowlit room. The candles that adorn the walls don't shed much light, but what light they do shed is cast on books upon books upon books. Library shelves cover the walls, each filled with more books than the last.

The room's ceiling can't be seen from the ground (Rasmus can't see the ceiling with normal vision), but it must be there somewhere. Against the far wall is a large stained glass mural depicting...something. (Knowledge Religion) Light shines behind it, giving the room an almost ethereal glow.

Along side the walls are more sarcophagi, still closed and covered in dust.


"You know... he's pretty good at sneaking." says Linde.

"I'm better." says Locke.

"You're dead." replies Lleu.

"Yeah... but... I mean... well..." Locke is obviously lost for words.

"Ehahahahaha!!!" cackles Gwendal Loudly.


Male Half Elf Oracle of Life 1/Barbarian 2

"That was very nice, Brother Emilio. Are you able to do that a lot of times?" asks Dorian.


"I remember when I was able to take out skeletons with my channels. It was refreshing to see them all be smothered in holy light!" Linde says excitedly.

"..." Bois remains quiet, waiting for Rasmus to return.


Male Half-Orc Barbarian/1::Init+2|Perc+5|AC16/T12/FF14|HP 20/20(22)|SavesF+6/R+2/W+1|
Rage Stats:
Str 19, Con 22, Fort +8, Will +3, AC 14/10/12, HP 22, +5 Melee To Hit, +6 Damage Greataxe

Emilio nods, putting his holy symbol back on its chain around his neck. "Indeed. I practiced for hours at a time to get the prayer right each time."

"Um, who's Gwendal? I heard you shout that name before you attacked that skeleton in a blind rage."

He turns his attention to Rasmus' return from the end of the hall.


Male Halfling (Human) Ninja 3

Knowledge: Religion: 1d20 ⇒ 10

Rasmus peers at the window, baffled and somewhat disturbed. What in the name of Horazon is that? Unsettled by the strange depiction, Rasmus slinks back toward the others, more just to get away than to report.

"It's just a library, albeit a library with some sarcophagi and mood lighting. There's a freaky-looking stained glass window, too. The ceiling goes up higher than I can see, and the light's either coming from some candles or from behind the freaky window; I'm not really sure which."


Male Half Elf Oracle of Life 1/Barbarian 2

"Oh, Gwendal? He's... uh... a friend?" Dorian says sheepishly.


Male Half-Orc Barbarian/1::Init+2|Perc+5|AC16/T12/FF14|HP 20/20(22)|SavesF+6/R+2/W+1|
Rage Stats:
Str 19, Con 22, Fort +8, Will +3, AC 14/10/12, HP 22, +5 Melee To Hit, +6 Damage Greataxe

Emilio gives Dorian a confused look, but doesn't press the issue any further. He turns and listens as Rasmus tells what he saw in the room ahead.

"A 'freaky-looking stained glass window,' eh? That's worth investigating. And more sarcophagi? We'd best keep our guard up."

As he rounds the corner, Emilio wracks his brain to find out what that window represents. Knowledge Religion: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


12/12 HP, 10 AC, +2 Fort, +2 Ref, +2 Will, Fire Jet 8/8, Bonded Item 1/1, Per +1

"I've spent a lot of time in this room. I've never noticed that window looking like it does now. What is that?

Untrained Knowledge Religion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


Male Half Elf Oracle of Life 1/Barbarian 2

"I have... no idea..."


"It's definately a... thing..." says Locke.

"I think it's pretty!" says Linde.

"Really? You think that is pretty?" says Lleu.


Male Half-Orc Barbarian/1::Init+2|Perc+5|AC16/T12/FF14|HP 20/20(22)|SavesF+6/R+2/W+1|
Rage Stats:
Str 19, Con 22, Fort +8, Will +3, AC 14/10/12, HP 22, +5 Melee To Hit, +6 Damage Greataxe

Cole, you can't make Knowledge checks untrained.

"Same here. If feel as though it should be something important, but I just can't seem to recall....."

Now that he has time, Emilio starts looking through the rows of books for anything of interest/importance.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23


Male "PanserBjørne" synthesist Eidolon
Status:
HP25/25 | Init +2 | F +5 | R +4 | W +5 | Per +3

From off of the shadows a growl comes, a deep voice that seems to shake the very glass in the windows He says.

"I am sorry, I needed Aylya to help me come and see this window, I am PanserBjorne Father Bear, a spirit of her Clan. Be not in fear, she is not lost but in me for my time here, I am here to help.

Out of the darkness comes a large bear, its color is back but as it comes out its shifts to white, from back bear to polerbear, all the time its is covered in magic rune'ed Armor. If you look close you can see inside its form ,Aylya, who seems to be in some kind of trance. It is most definitional male.

Image of PanserBjorne Father Bear HERE


12/12 HP, 10 AC, +2 Fort, +2 Ref, +2 Will, Fire Jet 8/8, Bonded Item 1/1, Per +1

Cole just stared.

Where do these people come from?


Female Human 5/2 Customer service/ Cashier

As you look through the books, you find many normal bibles and texts that are in any church.

However, one book stands out among the rest. It has a golden binding and it is full of myths about the town. When you open it to a random page, a simple poem called Halls of the Blind is before you.

It reads:

"I can see what you see not.Vision milky then eyes rot.
When you look they will be gone, whispering their shallow song.
Then you see what can not be, shadows move where light should be.
Out of darkness out of mind, cast down the halls of the blind."

The strange and haunting poem seems to remind a few of you of something. Perhaps a knowledge check?


12/12 HP, 10 AC, +2 Fort, +2 Ref, +2 Will, Fire Jet 8/8, Bonded Item 1/1, Per +1

Knowledge: Arcana: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26


Male Half-Orc Barbarian/1::Init+2|Perc+5|AC16/T12/FF14|HP 20/20(22)|SavesF+6/R+2/W+1|
Rage Stats:
Str 19, Con 22, Fort +8, Will +3, AC 14/10/12, HP 22, +5 Melee To Hit, +6 Damage Greataxe

Knowledge Planes: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Knowledge Religion: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

One of us should have the knowledge needed. Everyone roll! If you think you could do better than someone else, roll that as well.


Male "PanserBjørne" synthesist Eidolon
Status:
HP25/25 | Init +2 | F +5 | R +4 | W +5 | Per +3

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15Knowledge All


Male Halfling (Human) Ninja 3

Rasmus shivers involuntarily and looks around confusedly. He looks at Emilio, cocks his head a bit, and narrows his eyes. "I thought you had more arms." Shaking his head to clear it, he's startled back to attention by a deep growl as a bear steps out of the shadows. He jumps back, drawing his katars and raising them to defend before realizing that the bear means him no harm. Sheepishly, he sheathes his weapons and performs a calming breathing pattern. Not barbarian, he mentally corrects himself. Druid.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Great. She's a frickin' druid. Barbarians are bad enough, but those druids are just downright unnatural. I've never actually met one myself. At least, not that I know of. I've seen plenty of bears and wolves, so who knows how many have seen me. Creepy nature freaks, the whole lot of them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Knowledge: Arcana: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Knowledge: History: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

Rasmus mutters something to himself as the poem is read.


Female Human 5/2 Customer service/ Cashier

In the back of Father Bear's mind, he remembers something from a history lesson many years ago. Of course, when he was learning it, it was current history.

The poem is referring to the Hall of the Blind, an old wife's tale about a maze with an amazing reward at the end for any who could get through it. Supposedly, it was build right under the cathedral you're standing in now.

Another thing that comes to Father Bear is what the mural represents.

The mural, now that you can tell what's going on, is a depiction of the Sin Wars, a long and destructive battle to contain the very essence of Evil itself.

The mural depicts an Archangel striking down a large, horned beast. But not just any beast. This creature is Diablo, the Prime Evil. The source of all evil in the world, and the ruler of Hell.

From beyond the door below the mural, the sound of demonic screeching can be heard.

I had this written up before, but I think the Paizo forums ate my post during that last update.


Male "PanserBjørne" synthesist Eidolon
Status:
HP25/25 | Init +2 | F +5 | R +4 | W +5 | Per +3

The bear says, in his deep and gravely voice

"poem is referring to the Hall of the Blind, a maze with some said an amazing reward at the end, of course for any who could get through it. Supposedly, it was build right under the cathedral you're standing in now."

Looking up at the mural eh gos on

"It an image from the Sin Wars, I know, it was a long time ago, but it shows Diablo, the Prime Evil,the horned one being struck down by an Archangel, they say Diablo was and is the source of all evil in the world, make of that what you will."

He then turns his head to the sound of the demonic screeching from the door and below.


Male Halfling (Human) Ninja 3

Great. Now I've got a scary, evil face to go with the scary, evil name for the scary, evil creature lurking at the heart of the labyrinth that we're HEADING STRAIGHT FOR. We're all gonna die. We're all gonna f!%+ing die, and at this point, I don't really care one way or another if my name is Jim-Bob Malkowitz or not. Put it on my gravestone for all I care, if my body's ever even recovered. It'll probably just get defiled in all sorts of unholy ways before it's rendered an unrecognizable mass of gore. I'm going to kill those damn mages. This is all their fault. I mean, really, you think I like being sent all over the world to track down and kill power-hungry mages? You think I didn't have dreams? I had dreams, and this... this doesn't match up with any of them. Not even the nightmares. Hell, my nightmares were pleasant compared to this mess. Stupid mages...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rasmus eyes the door at the far end of the hall with unenthusiastic resignation. "We have to go through there, don't we?"


Male Half-Orc Barbarian/1::Init+2|Perc+5|AC16/T12/FF14|HP 20/20(22)|SavesF+6/R+2/W+1|
Rage Stats:
Str 19, Con 22, Fort +8, Will +3, AC 14/10/12, HP 22, +5 Melee To Hit, +6 Damage Greataxe

"That's interesting. A maze, an ultimate evil, and the five of us just happen to be in the same place at the same time. There's a higher power at work here, I just know it."

Emilio questions if that cold is affecting more than just Rasmus' sinuses when the screeching reaches him. "That...doesn't sound good." Slipping the book into his backpack, he draws his longsword, just in case. "Shall we find out what's behind door number 1?"


Male "PanserBjørne" synthesist Eidolon
Status:
HP25/25 | Init +2 | F +5 | R +4 | W +5 | Per +3

The great bear looks at Rasmus with sad dittying eyes

"Yes it very much looks like we must or the world will end, that kind of thing"

then the bear looks at Emilio.

"a higher power? humm we shall see"

151 to 200 of 310 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Diablo: Rise of Darkness Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.