Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Diablo: Rise of Darkness Gameplay (Inactive)

Game Master Ravagwen Darksbane


51 to 100 of 310 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

Female
Status:
AC 17 : HP9/9 : F+1 : R+3 : W+5 : Init +8 : Pers +4

Sea dog yep read back at the start and Rasmus none alt post

The Ice well looks at the halfelf.

"Yes"


Female Human 5/2 Customer service/ Cashier

Those of you who go to see Wirt walk through the town past the healer and the young Gillian. After crossing a bridge you see a young boy with a peg leg sitting on a rock, from behind the rock you see what looks to be a blanket covering weapons and armor. They boy is counting gold coin and has not noticed you yet as he lets off a small laugh putting them into a already full coin purse.


Male Half-Orc Barbarian/1::Init+2|Perc+5|AC16/T12/FF14|HP 15/20(22)|SavesF+6/R+2/W+1|
Rage Stats:
Str 19, Con 22, Fort +8, Will +3, AC 14/10/12, HP 22, +5 Melee To Hit, +6 Damage Greataxe

"I will investigate the cathedral to see if there is a way or reason the demons have appeared. We'll need a plan if we are to rid this town of evil. I'll see what I can learn there."

Emilio makes his way to the cathedral. It's fairly obvious how to get there from the tavern, since it's the tallest structure in the town.

As he stands in front of the entrance, he listens for anything as well as looking around for any noticeably evil or out of place.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

He notices that his sword isn't that shiny


Female Human 5/2 Customer service/ Cashier

There is no eternal Damage to the cathedral


Female
Status:
AC 17 : HP9/9 : F+1 : R+3 : W+5 : Init +8 : Pers +4

Aylya gos over to the boy.

"Talk"

Is all she says to him


Female Human 5/2 Customer service/ Cashier

Wirt Looks up the the samll woman before letting out a small chuckle, Talk...about wot? Do you want to see my wares or something? It will cost each of ya' 50 gold. If it is a question Cain can answer it unless he somehow was eaten by the hells itself.

Wirt is very stubborn, either a diplomacy or some gold might make him talk more


Female
Status:
AC 17 : HP9/9 : F+1 : R+3 : W+5 : Init +8 : Pers +4

Let me rip his throat out, this little worm is making money wile the town sinks into hell, he is little more that than a maggot feeding on dead flesh

No farther bear, he may know things we need to know, we should let the other talk, he has power with words.

Aylya nods her head to Dorian as if to say, you talk to him.


"I think she wants us to talk to him." says Lleu.

"Shows what she knows!" says Locke.

"Hey! Have faith in Dorian. We can guide him if he wants, too." says Linde.

It just now dawned on me that I have 3/5 spirits named with the starting letter of L. Didn't expect that...


Male Halfling (Human) Ninja 3

I think I understand. The 'sea dog' would be me; that was before I had the Rasmus alias and name picked out. There is no sea dog; the sea dog is the man in the red scarf, and the man in the red scarf is Rasmus, who is not really a sea dog in any way.

Now, I know what you're thinking. 'Jim-Bob Malkowitz, these adventurers seem like perfectly legitimate demon hunters! They could help you! Why didn't you follow them to question Wirt?' Well, folks, that's a good question, and a good question deserves a good answer. Myself, I have plenty of good questions, and all of those deserve a good answer, too. The nice innkeeper was very clear about how volatile this Farnham would be, what with all the drinking, and I thought it best to question him alone.

So, naturally, I finished my drink, waiting for the room to clear out, and then I questioned the innkeeper some more. I still had some questions for him, too, after all.

"You said the trouble started a few weeks ago, with an attack on the town. Can you tell me any more about the men who did it? Specifically, was there a mage with them, and do you know what happened to them after the attack?"


Male Half Elf Oracle of Life 1/Barbarian 2

"Uh... Hey there... little boy." Dorian says searching for words.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

"Like my friend said, we would like to know who attacked the town. Do you have any information to give us?"


Female Human 5/2 Customer service/ Cashier

There might have been a mage but they were all cloaked and carried many things I could not tell. I was to scared to look myself as I had my wife to hide. After the attack they went into the Cathedral and then things just seemed to change. I think that they might have performed some profain magic that caused this. They might all have been mages. Sorry if I could not be of better help. Ogden replies softly

wirt looked over to Dorian it is obvious that he does fear what is here but hides it. All I know is some men came in on horses killed some people then went into the Cathedral. I went to investigate later to see if I could find some stuff to sell to travelers. I saw some fat demon with a cleaver and then some small little demon got hold of my leg. I tried to fight it off, but he was to strong and ripped my leg from the socket. Peppin says I am lucky to get away with my life. If that is all the questions go ask Farnham about them.

Silver Crusade

Female Half Elf 2 Alchemist /1Inquisitor

Lanfearon stood up from her seat as she finished he last mouthful of rum. She notices Emilio walking towards the cathedral direction.

Not that I do not think that he cannot defend himself but being a man of faith and light he would need practical sword strokes should it turn ugly.

She trailed Emilio as he walked towards the cathedral.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15 (sight based +2)


Female Human 5/2 Customer service/ Cashier

anyone around the Cathedral I need a perception check...except Emilio


Female
Status:
AC 17 : HP9/9 : F+1 : R+3 : W+5 : Init +8 : Pers +4

Alyla looks at the boy.

"hes a fool and knows nothing"

"No little one he knows more but is not telling, Coin is what he wants. I wish to see the witch let us go find her"

Alyla looks at the boy then holding her bow niched heeds off to find the witch.


Male Half Elf Oracle of Life 1/Barbarian 2

"Hey... Hey!" Dorian says as he starts to follow Aylya. He quickly turns around and says "Thank you." to Wilt before following Aylya.


"Where do you think she's going?" asks Gwendal.

"I don't know, why don't you ask her?" replies Linde.


Male Half Elf Oracle of Life 1/Barbarian 2

"Hey... I'm sorry. I never got your name. But, if we're going to work together, then we have to communicate. Where are you going?" Dorian says to Aylya.

That is a cool name, by the way. You can spell it backwards to get the same thing!


Female Human 5/2 Customer service/ Cashier

Lanfearon notices a man on the ground, obviously injured greatly. He looks over to her before gasping Please listen to me...I went into the Cathedral with Lazarus. Bastard led us into a trap laid by the demon called The Butcher. Avenge those lost...find this butcher and slay him so that our souls may finally rest. After finishing his last sentence his head falls down and he stops breathing obviously dead. Emilio does not notice the man until after he speaks.


Male Half-Orc Barbarian/1::Init+2|Perc+5|AC16/T12/FF14|HP 15/20(22)|SavesF+6/R+2/W+1|
Rage Stats:
Str 19, Con 22, Fort +8, Will +3, AC 14/10/12, HP 22, +5 Melee To Hit, +6 Damage Greataxe

As soon as he sees the man on the ground, Emilio rushes to his aid, but he's too late.

"Damnit...Why did I not notice him before...What was that about a demon? The Butcher? And did I hear that right when he said that Lazarus led this man and others into a trap?"


Male Halfling (Human) Ninja 3

As the innkeeper talks, the man in the red scarf finishes his drink, trying to filter out the useless information in the story. Unfortunately, the task is like searching for a needle in a haystack. Sighing, he nods in resignation. I imagine the other townsfolk won't have much more to add. I may as well start asking the combatants. Muttering an empty word of thanks, he pays his tab and leaves.

Stepping outside, he shivers in the breeze and wraps his scarf once more around his neck. His traveling cloak, intended for desert use, is a poor defense against the chill in the air. Looking around, he makes note of the spot above the door where a sign must once have hung. The now-familiar notes begin anew, marking the beginning of the eternal song, and the man stops for a moment, the melancholy in the music resonating within him. It's a fitting song for this desolate little village.

The sound of metal striking metal breaks him from his reverie, drawing his attention to the blacksmith's shop across the dirt road. Hoping for a better lead, he makes his approach. Raising his voice to be heard over the work, he says "Blacksmith! Hello! Uh...excuse me! I have some questions for you."


Female Human 5/2 Customer service/ Cashier

The grizzled man looks up from his work as he places what looks to the a fine sword in the works into some water. He wipes the sweat from his brow before offering a smile as he hands are dirty from work. Ah young man what can I do for ye' He chimes as he dusts his hands off a little on his apron. He has large muscular arms obviously from the years of working in the forge, his skin a permanent tan from the heat. He has a large belly that stick out in front of him some ways. He has obviously spent time in the Tavern of the Rising Sun when he is not working in the forge.


Female
Status:
AC 17 : HP9/9 : F+1 : R+3 : W+5 : Init +8 : Pers +4

Alyla looks at the odd halfelf as she walks,

I have all ready said my name

He is an odd one little one, tell him again, and he is right
you best say here we go

"Aylya, we go to the witch"

She looks away, it looks like thats all your going to get out of her,
Aylya seems like the ice she is from, cold, hard and monosyllabic most if not all of the time.


Male Half Elf Oracle of Life 1/Barbarian 2

"Alright, Aylya. Off to the witch. And... uh... where exactly is this witch?" Dorian asks, for he has only been in the town for a short while.


Female Human 5/2 Customer service/ Cashier

Adria it outside of her hut over the river on the edge of town. She is brewing a potion at the moment. She seems young possibly 25 or so. She has a strand of silver hair that hangs in her face as she bends over the cauldron deep in thought as she adds several more ingredients in. There is a puff of smoke as she pour the yellow liquid into several bottles dispersing for a moment into her cabin before returning.


"Hey, at least Aylya's prettier than the four-armed chick. It doesn't really matter if she can make conversation, know what I mean? Ehahahahaha!!" says Gwendal.

"I'll say. She and Dorian are a match made in heaven! I mean, they're both raving lunatics!" says Locke.

"Don't say such things! I'm willing to bet she's not that cold to talk to..." says Linde.

"Ah, but you don't deny that Dorian's a raving lunatic." replies Locke.


Male Halfling (Human) Ninja 3

I've worked with a few blacksmiths before in my time. Not all of them are great to work with, but I respect each and every one of them. Aside from the craftsmanship involved, it's just a whole lot of work! But still, some are better than others. The best have an innate talent for working the metal, suffused with an ability to literally work magic into the steel, without any arcane knowledge of their own. These men are very useful to the Viz-Jaq'taar, given our strict ban on magic. Aside from that, their wares tend to be expensive because their skills are so rare.

So what in the High Heavens was one of them doing in a rinky-dink village like Tristram?

I could sense it in him almost immediately. Don't ask me how, because I have no idea, but I swear I could tell that the man in front of me was a special one, or my name's Jim-Bob Malkowitz. It's just one of those feelings you get, y'know?

Anyway, I'm not entirely ashamed to admit that I immediately forgot all about my mission.

"That looks like a fine sword, there. How much do you usually charge?"

Whatever it is, it's probably more than I can afford, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't hoping his prices were lower than they had any right to be. Who can blame me? My katars, though they've served me well, have certainly seen better days. Maybe it's time to trade up.


Female Human 5/2 Customer service/ Cashier

Well depending on the type of weapon you want and the quality, they range from around 300-1500 gold. For something that takes much longer and of the best quality 3000. He replies as he motions to a rack of many weapons and armor that he has created. I used ta have even finer weapons, but the anvil that I was using before switching to this older one was nabbed by what looked to be some sorta rock demon. He shrugs it off a little. I would be happy to make ye somethin' if ye want.


Female
Status:
AC 17 : HP9/9 : F+1 : R+3 : W+5 : Init +8 : Pers +4

Aylya looks at the halfelf again.

"called Adria"
She points at a hut

"Lives there"

Then back at the elf

"Your name?"

then once its given she heads on to he witch, Stops and once more looks to the half-elf to do the talking.


12/12 HP, 10 AC, +2 Fort, +2 Ref, +2 Will, Fire Jet 8/8, Bonded Item 1/1, Per +1

Cole remained in the tavern as the strangers all went to investigate what was left of the town. He was starving. Today was the first day he'd really been conscious long enough to have an appetite. He could tell he was weaker than he used to be, but even through the hunger his mind was bright and roaring.

He warmed his bread in his hands magically, without even thinking about it.

They think they can handle what is in the church? I don't believe them, but someone has to do something. Whole place needs to be burned to the ground, if you ask me.

They'll be bask. They'll want to make some kind of a plan before just waltzing in.

Finishing his meal, Cole walked outside to speak with Deckard. The old man was wise. Maybe he'd have some advice.

Silver Crusade

Female Half Elf 2 Alchemist /1Inquisitor

Saying a prayer for the man's soul.

He speaks truth and I sense a great sin that is within the cathedral. May I suggest we gather the rest and find out what's happening.


Female Human 5/2 Customer service/ Cashier

Cain is out by the well reading an old scroll.


Male Half-Orc Barbarian/1::Init+2|Perc+5|AC16/T12/FF14|HP 15/20(22)|SavesF+6/R+2/W+1|
Rage Stats:
Str 19, Con 22, Fort +8, Will +3, AC 14/10/12, HP 22, +5 Melee To Hit, +6 Damage Greataxe

Emilio nods at Lanfearon's suggestion. "Agreed. This evil will not go quietly into the night, and we may need more help than what the Inheritor gave us."

Standing and saying a prayer himself, he waits for Lanfearon and heads back to the tavern.


12/12 HP, 10 AC, +2 Fort, +2 Ref, +2 Will, Fire Jet 8/8, Bonded Item 1/1, Per +1

Cole walks to the well and waits patiently for his teacher to finish reading the scroll. He had been reprimanded enough times about the potential loss that came from the interruption of intellectual pursuits to distract Cain from his reading.

He simply waited, looking over the ruin of the town with anger in his eyes.


Female Human 5/2 Customer service/ Cashier

Cain finishes the scroll putting it in a satchel on his side and smiles to Cole, however he is still concerned about his student. It would seem that the arrival of these people is on your mind my dear pupil. They might be what this town needs but one can never be sure. He softly mumbles. After being around Cole he could sometimes tell what might have been on his mind. Peppin has some more cream should you need it.


12/12 HP, 10 AC, +2 Fort, +2 Ref, +2 Will, Fire Jet 8/8, Bonded Item 1/1, Per +1

"Thank you sir," Cole says with a shake of his head. "I'll pass though. The cream dulls my mind. I'd rather be able to stay focused."

"I wanted to ask you about the book from the case in the store room. The one I came out of the church with. It seems to be full of cyphers and puzzles. It has only been a short while, but I have been bed-ridden with little else to do but read. Every time I solve one, it leads me to another and I notice that my grasp of the arcane has changed. I worry about the speed I am learning. I know the tales of what happens to those who gain power before the wisdom to use it properly. Is it safe?


Female Human 5/2 Customer service/ Cashier

I can tell that your grasp of arcana is natural, and unlike those in the tales that force it upon themselves in one way or another. You on the other hand have a gift dear boy. It is safe as long as you are sure you can control it.


Male Halfling (Human) Ninja 3

Rock demon? That brought me right back to the matter at hand. The bastards are taking anything they can get their hands on, aren't they? First the sign, now the anvil. What's next? The queen's tarts? Knavery!

"A rock demon stole your anvil? Huh, go figure. If I find one down there, I'll make sure to bring it back. Actually, that reminds me, I've got some questions for you. Is there anything you can tell me about the night all this started? All I've been able to gather so far is that cloaked men attacked the town. There was something about an archbishop and a prince, too. Do you know if any of the men were mages? And do you know what happened to the assailants after the battle?"

With any luck, the blacksmith will have a clearer recollection of that night than the innkeeper. I don't plan on getting much out of the drunk or the kid, either, so as far as I know, this blacksmith may be only chance of getting any useful information about my man. As if I needed any more confirmation than demons pouring out of the church as if it were the mouth of Hell itself; I mean, seriously, how much more obvious can it get? Corrupt Vizjerei equal rampant demon infestation! Always has, always will. But rules are rules. I never thought an order of mage killers would have so many regulations! Who cares about how long my katar is relative to my forearm?! I stab, they die. Doesn't matter how long the blade is; they're still dead. Sheesh!


12/12 HP, 10 AC, +2 Fort, +2 Ref, +2 Will, Fire Jet 8/8, Bonded Item 1/1, Per +1

Cole nods. "Good."

"I am going into the church with them. I need to."


Male Half Elf Oracle of Life 1/Barbarian 2

"The name's Dorian. Pleased to meet you." Dorian says to Aylya.

"Greetings, madam. My name is Dorian. We just arrived in town and were wondering if you would like us to do anything." Dorian says to the witch.


"She's a witch!" screams Linde.

"Yes, that's why we called her a witch. Didn't you understand that part?" says Lleu.

"I just thought you were being unkind to the poor woman. But she's actually a witch!" says Linde.

"You know... I think she has something against witches. What do you think, Gwendal?" says Locke.

"I think she does, Locke."

Linde glares at both of them angrily.


Female Human 5/2 Customer service/ Cashier

Adria looked over to Dorian and spoke softly, "I have nothing of need at the moment, admits this troubling times many people actually come to me in order to get aid. That and searching for answers that I might be able to provide.[/b] She then sits down on a stool motioning for Dorian and Aylya to sit on two similar stools.


Female
Status:
AC 17 : HP9/9 : F+1 : R+3 : W+5 : Init +8 : Pers +4

Aylya sits

"Keep an eye on her little ones"


Male Half-Orc Barbarian/1::Init+2|Perc+5|AC16/T12/FF14|HP 15/20(22)|SavesF+6/R+2/W+1|
Rage Stats:
Str 19, Con 22, Fort +8, Will +3, AC 14/10/12, HP 22, +5 Melee To Hit, +6 Damage Greataxe

On his way back into town, Emilio passes by the bandaged man he saw in the tavern.

"Wait, I remember you. You were in the bar earlier." Turning his head, he sees the man with the scroll. "You must be Deckard Cain. I am Emilio Cross. Assuming she's following me, This is Lanfearon. We have some questions for you regarding the church."

"We were just there, and there was a man on the ground who said that Archbishop Lazarus brought him and others into the labyrinth as part of a trap for a demon called the Butcher. Does any of this make sense?"


Male Half Elf Oracle of Life 1/Barbarian 2

Dorian sits on the other stool, making sure that nothing is on the chair first, then looking at Adria.


12/12 HP, 10 AC, +2 Fort, +2 Ref, +2 Will, Fire Jet 8/8, Bonded Item 1/1, Per +1
Emilio Cross wrote:

On his way back into town, Emilio passes by the bandaged man he saw in the tavern.

"Wait, I remember you. You were in the bar earlier. I am Emilio Cross.

"Cole Vedic." the bandaged man says with a nod.


Female Human 5/2 Customer service/ Cashier

Well young healer, you have already heard everything about what happened to the town. I have nothing more to say on that exact matter as everyone has the same story.

Adria looks to the two that sit with her, What can I do for you lost souls...I sense that there is more then the two of you...five more to be exact. She says softly as she eyes Dorian as she addresses them.


"Ha! There's only the two of them here! says Gwendal.

"She means us." says Linde.

"Oh." replies Gwendal.


Male Half Elf Oracle of Life 1/Barbarian 2

"Uh...huh..." says Dorian.


Female
Status:
AC 17 : HP9/9 : F+1 : R+3 : W+5 : Init +8 : Pers +4

"This one can feel the great bear little one, but she says others, it seems this Dorian my have undead about him."

"he dos not look a necromancer Father bear what could she mean?"

'I do not know little one but let her talk more and we shall see"

Alyla looks at the woman

"What do you see?


Female
Status:
AC 17 : HP9/9 : F+1 : R+3 : W+5 : Init +8 : Pers +4

"This one can feel the great bear little one, but she says others, it seems this Dorian my have undead about him."

"he dos not look a necromancer Father bear what could she mean?"

'I do not know little one but let her talk more and we shall see, we could be with unseen demons"

Alyla looks at the woman

"What do you see?"

51 to 100 of 310 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Diablo: Rise of Darkness Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.