Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Devil-spawn and Demon-taint: A Fiendish Take on Skull & Shackles (Inactive)

Game Master Mark Sweetman

Press-ganged to serve aboard the Wormwood, the crew with the outsider's touch must struggle to stay alive long enough to sate their desire for revenge...


201 to 250 of 2,225 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Primordial Ooze

Fish is released from her bind to the mast and secured to the rope - that has been hung off the first spar of the main mast. She is then hauled up a few feet off deck - leaving her hanging painfully by her wrists within the shackles. A few names are then called out to come forward "Cog, Deader, Bootlick, Maheem - front an' center"

Once you've come forward Scourge talks to you and the crew while Plugg stands idle to one side giving tacit confirmation to the words "You all have failed to do the task before you. When you do not pull your weight, the ship suffers. This will not be tolerated." He then steps forward and gives Cog, Cedrick and Maheem three blows each with the heel of his cat o' nine 3 non-lethal. The first goes to the chest, the second the gut and the third as an uppercut to the top of the face - generally leaving a patch of broken skin to bleed. Plugg then steps forward to speak "Each time you fail me, your punishment will get worse. I will make decent pirates of you... or you will die."

Scourge turns to Deader and sneers "Cap'n informs me that there was a stunning lack of turtle in his turtle soup. For that, ye get to work the bilges tomorrer" before turning to Cedrick with a sadistic smile "Which mean's your best friend Bootlick will be joining you down there again."

The four assembled are sent back to the rest as focus turns to Fish once more. Plugg delivers a sermon "There was a fight below decks this morning. I know you aren't saints, and as long as you report for duty with the bell and carry the load I don't care if you do it with both eyes black. But one of you" stabbing a pointed finger at Fish "drew steel and decided to step it up. Let me make myself plain... you don't get to choose when someone lives, or dies - that choice lies only with myself and the Cap'n. No-one gets to do the bleeding but us." reaching up to where Fish hangs and cutting shallow rents down the length of her legs with a knife. With a nod, Scourge and a couple of his cronies then take the rope and swing Fish out over the water. Blood drips from her legs into the sea turning the still water pinkish below where she hangs.

"She broke the rules... and will pay the penance. Ten bobs below and we'll let the sharks decide if she lives or dies." chuckling as he turns to Scourge "Haul away boys"

Cedrick:
In the crates you find some goods that are salvagable, three heavy maces and a suit of serviceable leather armor.


Female Tiefling Witch 4, HP 26/26, AC 13/T13/FF10, F/R/W +2/+4/+3, Per -1

Despite the pain, Fish can't quite help a small sneer during Plugg's. Wasn't steel idiot.

As she vanishes over the side, Fish gives Obisyth a wink. Well, home again.


Female Tiefling - Oni Spawn Druid(aquatic)/4 - HP 35/35; AC17/19 w/shield, FF15, T12; F+6,R+3,W+8; Per+11; Init+3

Obisyth holds her tongue, although it is not easy, when Fish is dunked into the water. Either she will survive or she will not. Which happens remains to be seen. However, Fish is strange enough that it would not surprise her if she simple swam off and returned with an army of sharks in a few days.


Primordial Ooze

Fish is released to free-fall into the water and her descent is stopped only as the rope runs taut with an audible snap, leaving her head a few feet below the surface of the water. Scourge and co leave her under the water for about 5 seconds before pulling her up out of the water. She is then released to fall again for a second spell below. While this happens, Plugg keeps count each time she drops "One... Two..." each descent shaking Fish physically as her arms are forced roughly against the shackles as she falls and rises... but to Scourge's disgust there is a distinct lack of the coughing and spluttering that usually accompanies the denial of oxygen.

At about this time you notice the tell-tale triangle of a shark's fin streaking towards the Wormwood from a distance "Three... Four... keep her dropping boys, we'll shake some sense into her yet... Five...". As Fish is pulled back above the waves from the fifth bob, you can see the fin circling the ship at a near distance... seemingly poised and waiting...

"Six..." and as Fish sinks into the water the shark reacts with a start and streaks towards the bait on offer. You see the shark lunge below the surface of the waves, blood fills the water like soup, and the rope suddenly goes slack. Pulling it back above deck the end is frayed and broken above where the shackles were secured and there is no longer a Fish on it's hook. Rushing to the side you cannot see anything beyond the surface of the water as the shark threshes next to the ship and casts up pinkish peaks of foam. Scourge roars with laughter "Guess the shark likes the taste o' queer meat" and his cronies join him. Most of the rest of the crew looks at the carnage with either stoicism or a sickened look. There are a few mutters "..just not right... feck me better toe the line... bloody bastards..." You get a sense of disapproval... but it is of the impotent sort - as the crew knows what would happen to those that stand in opposition.

Kroop and Deader go below and bring up a servicable fish stew for dinner, and Cut-throat Grok brings up the rum ration.

Rum Ration and Night Actions for today please


Female Tiefling - Oni Spawn Druid(aquatic)/4 - HP 35/35; AC17/19 w/shield, FF15, T12; F+6,R+3,W+8; Per+11; Init+3

I go to the rail and watch to see if Fish survived, suspecting from her lack of choking on the water that she can in fact breath water.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

After watching until the blood has cleared from the water and the shark is long gone, Obisyth sighs and turns to see what type of gruel is for dinner.

After having found that downing the rum was a little strong last night, Obisyth drinks it with a little more care tonight.

Being exhausted, still feeling the exhaustion from the long days work, and still being troubled by the disappearance of a kindred spirit, Obisyth decides to turn in early and get a good night's sleep.


Stats:
AC 16/12/14 HP 13/21 F+1 R+8 W+3 Init +4 Per+4

That's not right. Its not like she killed him. Only her snake-like eyes hint at the fury within as she narrows them to slits glaring at Scourge and Plugg.

She picks at her soup, unable to summon much interest in the food. Time to get to work making this ship mine. Those bastards are going to pay. She slips over next to Obisyth and Joneth while they eat stew whispering, "I've learned a few things about our fellow mates, but I've still more to learn. Pretty sure I can get Rosie on our side by rescuing her fiddle from the Quartermaster, but that'll have to wait for tomorrow. Do either of you know anyone who works scrimshaw on board? Seems our fellow rigger Ratline has a liking of nice work. Wouldn't mind finding one to trade for."

When the rum ration arrives, she takes her time, spilling just a bit at a time into her skirts or onto the deck where she hopes it won't be noticed.
Stealth 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

As the evening groups begin to perform, Nachni takes a chance and devises a clever parody of a violent king and his foolish court, but with the mannerisms of Plugg, Scourge, and Scourge's cronies woven into her portrayal of the roles.
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20


Female Tiefling - Oni Spawn Druid(aquatic)/4 - HP 35/35; AC17/19 w/shield, FF15, T12; F+6,R+3,W+8; Per+11; Init+3

As Nachni joins me and speaks her mind.

Be careful, pirates may act like fools, but they do not survive by being dumb. My skills are not in the social skills. Although I am usually very good at hearing and seeing things that others might miss. However, I have lost contact with my companion, which makes it more difficult that it was previously.

I am exhausted from spending the day moving ropes, but I will see if I can find any information about this, what did you call it? Scrimshaw? I do not know what this scrimshaw is. If you told me, I will try to gather any information about it.

Taldor

M Tiefling (Pit) Barb 5 HP:67/67, - AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Perception: +8(+10)(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +3/W: +2 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 40ft, Init: +4

Cedrick drinks his rum and turns in early to attend to his peronal administration.

GM:

Craft Armour 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

Cedrick downs his rum then sets off to assemble what he can of a decent set of adventuring supplies. He also tries tidying up the Leather armour to ensure there are no clearly identifying characteristics and fix any broken straps.

Once satisfied he will put away the maces for now, taking only a club and a sling (if he has managed to find them by now)
Obviously no longer worrying about Macguyvering some padded


Male Human (Taldan) Magus (Bladebound, Kensai) 4; AC 17, touch 17, flat-footed 10, CMD 20; HP 35/35; AP 4/4; Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +6; Initiative +4; Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 (+2 to both while wielding Morathil)

Joneth eats the stew slowly and with a distinct lack of appetite after the rather unfortunate recent events. Once again he chooses to avoid drinking the rum, making a show of downing it and spilling the cup's contents when noone is looking.

"No need," he replies softly to Obisyth's remarks. "There is a young man by the name of Jack that is quite good at it."

"As for any more information," he continues in the same almost whispered tone as he turns to Nachni, "Syl, one of Scourge's cronies, is not particularly liked. I have a feeling that if one was to make her look bad, such a thing would probably make the rest of the crew see whoever did so in a more positive light."

Having spoken more in the last few seconds than he has in the last couple of days, Joneth shrugs and resumes eating his ration.

Once finished, he moves away from the two women and towards Jack with what he hopes is a friendly enough expression despite his strange features. He purposefully avoids a wide smile as he sits next to the young man and starts making small talk about life on the ship and the dangers of it, as well as what can one do to pass the time in an attempt to steer the conversation towards Jack's handiwork, promptly showing interest when it is brought up.

Stealth 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

Nighttime Ship Action: Socialize.


Primordial Ooze

Cedrick:
The leather is non-descript enough to not rouse suspicion, as are the maces. You find a length of stout wood that could serve as a club and a rope and swatch of leather to turn into a sling. Suitable bullets are more difficult to come by...

Joneth finds Jack an approachable fellow... but interminably dull. His issue at present is not the lack of desire or tools.. but rather the lack of anything to use as a medium. He has been carving woods, but the fine detail is badly lacking when compared to bone. You get a sense he'd be grateful enough to do you a piece if you furnished him with an appropriate chunk of ivory or chitin.

Just need Deader, then we can roll on to Day 3

Taldor

M Tiefling (Pit) Barb 5 HP:67/67, - AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Perception: +8(+10)(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +3/W: +2 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 40ft, Init: +4

GMVoV:
Cedrick will just wear the leather and carry the club then. A club looks a little less troublesome than a mace, no need to get the good Pirate Crew on edge by looking too threatening

Cedrick wakes to see what the dawn has brought him, he dresses for the day as smartly as he can, and prepares to run to the morning bell.


Primordial Ooze

Deader can catch up with a night action if he likes in retrospect

Day 3: Where the sun is hot and bilges rot...

Job Tasks:
2d6 ⇒ (6, 5) = 11
1d6 ⇒ 3

The bell is rung and assembly on deck occurs without any interposing flesh sacks seeking to slow your passage. The day is clear and calm, and Plugg and Scourge waste no time in assigning duties for the day:

  • Deader and Cedrick are sent down to the Bilges alone to work. Perception check please
  • Joneth is sent to the crow for Lookout duty alone and Nachni gets Mainsail duties with Maheem.
  • Obisyth is assigned to Swabbing the Decks with Shivikah, a sour Mwangi lass, as company.

Daytime actions please


Female Tiefling - Oni Spawn Druid(aquatic)/4 - HP 35/35; AC17/19 w/shield, FF15, T12; F+6,R+3,W+8; Per+11; Init+3

Obisyth wakes up feeling much better than yesterday. She climbs up to the deck hoping to be assigned to Lookout only to find herself again assigned to the most labor intensive duties on the ship. Sighing, she once again sets to the task swabbing the deck. Whenever she sees another crew member go by, she tries to strike up a conversation.

Diplomacy(Shivikah): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16

Daily Task: Socialize

Diplomacy(socialize): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3

Strength Check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

Taldor

M Tiefling (Pit) Barb 5 HP:67/67, - AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Perception: +8(+10)(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +3/W: +2 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 40ft, Init: +4
Evil task master wrote:
Man the Bilges: Vile and sweaty work cleaning out the bilges, requiring a DC 12 Strength check. You must also make a DC 10 Constitution check to avoid being fatigued at the end of the shift.

Cedrick throws himself right into the work at hand, looking to make a point and recover from yesterdays failure; the Admiralty doesn't like failure, and neither does he.

"Watch for bloody spiders, nest of the blighters down there"

Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Str Check 1d20 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 3 + 4 = 27
Con Check1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

A spectacular job is done, but Cedrick is well worn from the endeavour.


HP 31/31, AC 16, CMD 12, Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +6 Channel 6/6, Death Kiss 5/5 , Web 1/1, Coat 1/1

Deader took his blows without a sound, not really seeming to notice or mind much. He just kept his grin on his face and his mouth shut for once.

When Fish went under he sighed and said something quitly to Magpie's hanging corpse. A moment later he nodded and shrugged.

That night he took his ration, went to the prow and hung his legs off the edge, whistling a very somber tune that seemed half sea chanty, half dirge for the dead.

Night Action, Perform: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

In the morning he wakes and the bell and makes his way to the bilge with Cedric.

Str: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2
Con: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

But seems like he's more dead than usual while he works. The gurgling in his chest is definitely worse, and while he doesn't complain he does seem a bit dazed and definitely very weak.


Female Tiefling - Oni Spawn Druid(aquatic)/4 - HP 35/35; AC17/19 w/shield, FF15, T12; F+6,R+3,W+8; Per+11; Init+3

You sure you are not using a d4? Certainly looks like it.

Taldor

M Tiefling (Pit) Barb 5 HP:67/67, - AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Perception: +8(+10)(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +3/W: +2 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 40ft, Init: +4

Cedrick was certainly rather tired, but perhaps his sterling work was also the more taxing as he tried to overcompensate for Deader's lack of skill at the task - the same shoes Cedrick was in the day before.


HP 31/31, AC 16, CMD 12, Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +6 Channel 6/6, Death Kiss 5/5 , Web 1/1, Coat 1/1

It's a good thing Deader isn't really aware of his own mortality. I feel like the dice are trying to get him killed.

Taldor

M Tiefling (Pit) Barb 5 HP:67/67, - AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Perception: +8(+10)(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +3/W: +2 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 40ft, Init: +4

Good thing Cedrick has you covered right?


HP 31/31, AC 16, CMD 12, Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +6 Channel 6/6, Death Kiss 5/5 , Web 1/1, Coat 1/1

No kidding. Thanks.


Male Human (Taldan) Magus (Bladebound, Kensai) 4; AC 17, touch 17, flat-footed 10, CMD 20; HP 35/35; AP 4/4; Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +6; Initiative +4; Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 (+2 to both while wielding Morathil)

The rogue easily climbs to the crow's nest, once again preferring caution to speed. Once there, he starts scanning the sea surrounding the pirate ship for anything that could be perceived as either threat or target. He does manage to take a brief break from his shift at some point, which he uses to explore the ship a little and especially the galley, keeping in mind Jack's request for a large enough piece of bone or chitin.

Taking 10 on the Climb checks for a result of 16.

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Daytime Ship Action: Sneak.

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24


Primordial Ooze

Joneth sneaks away during a piss break and steals into the galley. You find the cook asleep and take the liberty of a quick recon and notice a few things that probably wouldn't be missed: a bottle of chelish brandy, a good quality lock and a vial of water that feels hot to your touch. Holy water You do not however find any bone or chitin that would suit for scrimshaw.

Obisyth finds that Shivikah is an unrepentant ex-slaver, and traded in both white flesh and dark. She rode a slave ship as guard into Port Peril and found the lax laws more to her liking. Unfortunately a bit too much drink and the tender kiss of a sap and she was on board the Wormwood. She finds the life well enough but laments that apart from the officers, the crew on board are weaklings. She is a believer that respect is begat of strength, and no-one (man or woman) has proved themselves strong enough for her allegiance.

Deader's performance from the night before must be weighing on his mind - the remembered jeers detracting from his efforts in the bilge. Luckily Cedrick is there to pick up the load and between them they manage a serviceable day's work.

Just need Nachni - then onto the night

Taldor

M Tiefling (Pit) Barb 5 HP:67/67, - AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Perception: +8(+10)(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +3/W: +2 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 40ft, Init: +4

Cedrick stretches out and tries to get the kinks out of his well worn and tired muscles as he heads back up on deck for his nightly shot of warm luxury and to see who or what has misstepped and earned themselves a harsh bit of time at Blooy Hour.


Stats:
AC 16/12/14 HP 13/21 F+1 R+8 W+3 Init +4 Per+4

Nachni's slender frame visibly sags when she hears she has been assigned to grueling mainsail duty. And with Maheem too, oh joy! The day is difficult and she finishes it completely exhausted from her efforts.
Daytime Action: Work diligently.
Profession (Sailor) 1d20 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 4 = 11
Constitution 1d20 ⇒ 4


Primordial Ooze

The day passes without any of your number being called at bloody hour for punishment. Barefoot and Badger are less lucky and collect three kisses from Scourge's whip. Kroop comes atop swaying like a drunkard and almost spills the stew over the decks after tripping on his own ankles. He smiles and laughs to himself as he rights his inebriated form. Tasting the stew after you wager he would have actually done you a blessing by spilling it though.

Rum rations are brought atop by Cut-throat and dispensed unto the crew.

Right-o - Rum and Night Actions now please :)


Female Tiefling - Oni Spawn Druid(aquatic)/4 - HP 35/35; AC17/19 w/shield, FF15, T12; F+6,R+3,W+8; Per+11; Init+3

Once again the strange green skinned frail girl downs her ration of rum and becomes much more social.

Action: Socialize: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

She manages to hold the alcohol and actually puts on a rather cheery facade despite her usual quiet dour demeanor.

As she appears to also enjoy the rum, I strike up a conversation with Tilly.

Another beautiful day on the ship. You would think that they would assign a little girl like me to watching the horizon rather than moving and winding heavy rope.

Taldor

M Tiefling (Pit) Barb 5 HP:67/67, - AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Perception: +8(+10)(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +3/W: +2 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 40ft, Init: +4

Cedrick takes the opportunity to turn in for the night. The heavy workload through the day taking its toll on his interest in staying awake.


HP 31/31, AC 16, CMD 12, Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +6 Channel 6/6, Death Kiss 5/5 , Web 1/1, Coat 1/1

Deader takes his ration with satisfaction and spends the evening talking to Magpie.

Don't look at me like that...


Primordial Ooze

Obisyth - just a note, Socialize action does not require a roll.


Female Tiefling - Oni Spawn Druid(aquatic)/4 - HP 35/35; AC17/19 w/shield, FF15, T12; F+6,R+3,W+8; Per+11; Init+3

Well that takes all the fun out of a good roll.

Taldor

M Tiefling (Pit) Barb 5 HP:67/67, - AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Perception: +8(+10)(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +3/W: +2 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 40ft, Init: +4

In due course, Cedrick will arise and offer a silent prayer to whatever agents might be listening that he gets a day out of the bilges...


Primordial Ooze

Just waiting on Joneth and Nachni before moving around to the morning.


Female Tiefling - Oni Spawn Druid(aquatic)/4 - HP 35/35; AC17/19 w/shield, FF15, T12; F+6,R+3,W+8; Per+11; Init+3

Obisyth gets bored while being drunk and summons a dolphin which flops around on the deck for a few seconds before disappearing back from whence it came.


Male Human (Taldan) Magus (Bladebound, Kensai) 4; AC 17, touch 17, flat-footed 10, CMD 20; HP 35/35; AP 4/4; Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +6; Initiative +4; Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 (+2 to both while wielding Morathil)

Once again, Joneth accepts and eats the food -albeit with a look of mild distaste on his face- but does not drink the rum, preferring to keep his wits about him and not have them dulled by the alcohol. Like the previous night, the tiefling tries to see if he can find out more about the other pirates and perhaps learn if anyone knows of where one might procur some bone or chitin large enough to make something out of it in the process.

Stealth 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

Nighttime Ship Action: Socialize.


Stats:
AC 16/12/14 HP 13/21 F+1 R+8 W+3 Init +4 Per+4

After receiving her rum, Nachni drifts over to the gunwhale and pretending to toss down her rum, lets it fly over into the sea.
Stealth 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Later, Nachni strikes up a conversation with Jack Scrimshaw, hoping to butter him up and see if he has any suggestions on where to find a bit of ivory or chitlin. She resolves to attempt a visit to the quartermaster the next day.
Influence: Jack
Bluff 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27


Primordial Ooze

Gah - have baby sleeping on chest making detailed post difficult.
Tomorrow morning for sure - appreciate patience


Female Tiefling - Oni Spawn Druid(aquatic)/4 - HP 35/35; AC17/19 w/shield, FF15, T12; F+6,R+3,W+8; Per+11; Init+3
DM - Voice of the Voiceless wrote:

Gah - have baby sleeping on chest making detailed post difficult.

Tomorrow morning for sure - appreciate patience

That gives a whole new meaning to primordial ooze.


Primordial Ooze

Obisyth:
You find Tilly slugging back on foul smelling grog most of the night, but she doesn't seem to mind it. Filthy jokes, the occasional sea shanty and lewd implications are the order of conversation. To your suggestion that you should be aloft she laughs heartily and gives you a solid arm thump "Nice one, har har. You'd not last five minutes when we get a decent storm through. You'd fly from the rigging and end up a nice smear on the foredeck. Stick to the grunts work like me."

Casting a jaundiced eye to her personality you find it difficult to pin down exactly what her interests are apart from drinking and fighting. She's lacking a decent blade, and looks like whatever small coin she has is going to her cups.

Deader:
Deader finds the corpse of Magpie as unmoving as a cadaver... or does he?

Deader:
While you look and talk at the corpse you find snatches of replies come to your ears from the wispy spirits that surround you "...ol' Kroop's got a few things tucked away... the throat grinner forgets sometimes... there's more than muck and filth in the bilges..."

Meant to actually cut him down just after the keelhaul, will correc that now.
Seemingly not having looked up since the Bloody Hour on the first day Scourge does a double take when he notices Magpie still hanging as a slowly decaying scarecrow. To Fipps and Maheem he barks "Cut 'im down lads an' send him tae the sharks."

Cedrick:
Cedrick finds that no-one disturbs his passage to the hold and to sleep... though as he falls into slumber he imagines he hears scuttling and scratching below him. Though as he strains his ears the sounds dissipate to nothing again.

Nachni:
Nachni's approach to Jack falls on sympathetic ears, and although you have to endure a long sermon on the relative merits of whalebone vs sharkbone for etching - his opinion of you is improved. He doesn't know of anything worth using on board - and he passes on that he's visited Grok and she doesn't have any raw materials for him.
Influence of Jack is successful - so at present he is helpful.
Note: on the scrimshaw materials, there will be a means to gather... but it might not be for a few days and may not be on the ship...

Joneth:
Joneth finds that none aboard know of any pieces of scrimshaw that aren't already etched. He has a peculiar conversation with a Giffer Tibbs - an older female gnome who is missing one eye. She grins with a partially toothless jaw and pokes him in the thigh asking "If the snow on your head falls further south" cackling afterwords while slapping her knee. You see that she's dressed in what amount to pretty much rags at present, though a couple of pieces of cheap costume jewelry hint it might not have always been that way.

Cedrick / Obisyth / Deader:
Those that partake of the rum find it steadily weighing heavier and heavier on their body and mind. It is a powerful and addictive liquor and come morning you find the lingering traces on your thoughts. Cedrick and Deader got a good night's sleep and are able to push away the dead feeling... but Obisyth was up late socializing and finds it a little harder...
DC 8 Fort save or you'll be fatigued for the work shift today.

Day 4 Aboard: A flurry of paws in the dark

Your fourth day in captivity aboard the waves comes with a fair day in the making. Calm seas and a following wind give you the sense that perhaps today will be a good day. Your tasks for the day are passed out by Scourge and Plugg, and for the first time you're given independent work instructions without anyone to look over your shoulder.

Jobs:
Rigger: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 1) = 6
Swab: 2d5 ⇒ (3, 5) = 8
Cook: 1d6 ⇒ 5

  • Deader - Bull Session
  • Joneth - Lookout
  • Nachni - Rigging Repair
  • Cedrick - Hauling Rope and Knotwork
  • Obisyth - Repairs

Taldor

M Tiefling (Pit) Barb 5 HP:67/67, - AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Perception: +8(+10)(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +3/W: +2 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 40ft, Init: +4
nastytaskmaster wrote:
Hauling Rope and Knot Work: DC 10 Profession (sailor) or Strength check. DC 10 Constitution check to avoid being fatigued.

Prof:Sailor 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

Con check 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

Daytime Ship Actions:
Socialize: make a job check with no penalty, and learn more about 1-2 pirates.

---

Cedrick gets into the days activity with much enthusiasm, the roaring success of yesterdays work driving him onwards to keep pushing hard and set a fine example for other crew mates - his Taldane Naval pride prodding him to produce excellent quality work, fine attention to detail evident in everything he does, enough to satisfy even the most demanding inspecting officer.

Whislt he goes about his tasks, he retains his friendly and jovial banter with the fellow crewmates...


Female Tiefling - Oni Spawn Druid(aquatic)/4 - HP 35/35; AC17/19 w/shield, FF15, T12; F+6,R+3,W+8; Per+11; Init+3

Fort Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

After spending far too much time with the booze and socializing, Obisyth awakes feeling it in the morning and while she is able to get up and get her act together, she realizes that perhaps not partaking of this drink of the devil might be a good idea for a few nights.

Profession(untrained sailor): 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 3 - 2 = 21
As Obisyth starts on her daily task of fixing things, she realizes that either this is the easiest job on the boat, or nothing was broken as she manages to complete all of her work early after which she wanders down to the main hold to see if she can find a good club in case other members of the crew decide to make the mistake of attacking her again.

Daily Action Shirk

Take 10 Perception for 17 total.

Stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Stats:
AC 16/12/14 HP 13/21 F+1 R+8 W+3 Init +4 Per+4

Nachni scampers up into the rigging for the day. Take 10 for the climb. She takes pleasure in the pleasant day and freedom to work where she pleases. Several times during the day as she faces more challenging tasks, she dances lightly in the rigging to aid her task. If appropriate, will use Derring-Do to help make the skill check.
Daytime Ship Action: Shop
Dexterity check for work 1d20 + 4 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 2 - 2 = 11
Partway through the day, she slips off for a short while to make her way to visit the quartermaster and see if she can secure a whip and perhaps Rosie's fiddle for barter with a bracelet or two and possibly the dagger. If you rule that Cedrick has told Nachni about Grok's superstitious nature, she'll definitely play off of that. Otherwise, she merely attempt to butter up the quartermaster with conversation.
Bluff to Influence Grok 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27


Primordial Ooze

I'm generally assuming that most information is being shared between you all off screen - so unless Cedrick says otherwise you know that Grok is a superstitious sort.

Taldor

M Tiefling (Pit) Barb 5 HP:67/67, - AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Perception: +8(+10)(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +3/W: +2 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 40ft, Init: +4

Cedrick would have let the salient info about other members of the ship be shared amongst the party... nothing about his personal actions or activity though - party being defined as 'any and all pressgangers' as we aren't really a party at this point per-se, more a common cause alliance.


Stats:
AC 16/12/14 HP 13/21 F+1 R+8 W+3 Init +4 Per+4

Was hoping that might be the case.
"So, Grok, I hear you have the misfortune of being the guardian for Rosie's fiddle. I suppose someone told you all about the haunt. You're really brave to keep holding onto it in spite of that."


Primordial Ooze

Joneth and Deader's day actions can be added upon next post

You are barely two hours into the work day and still in the early time when eyes of oversight are sharp and severe and the combination of morning funk and hangovers make tongues labored and talk uneasy. The sun is radiantly ascendent in the sky and breathes it's scouring rays of heat upon you like a dragon disgorging flame. Metal is scorching to the touch and the millpond seas reflect the rage of the sun's orb up as well, so you are assaulted from twin directions. Only a languidly strengthening wind gives any respite from the weather.

As luck would have it you all find yourselves on or near the main deck at the moment that the scream is heard...

Bursting onto deck within seconds after is Jack Scrimshaw, you can see fresh blood on his hand and leg and he immediately rushes to Plugg - talking with him animatedly.

Perception DC 10:
Jack's face is ashen as though all blood were drained from it and he stammers "S-s-something in the b-bilges Sir... S-s-swam u-up and bit me good."


Female Tiefling - Oni Spawn Druid(aquatic)/4 - HP 35/35; AC17/19 w/shield, FF15, T12; F+6,R+3,W+8; Per+11; Init+3

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Although not paying much attention to the discussions of others, I do overhear Jack' comment.

I immediately walk over th Jack.

What did this thing look like?

If Jack appears seriously injured, I will cast CLW.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Taldor

M Tiefling (Pit) Barb 5 HP:67/67, - AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Perception: +8(+10)(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +3/W: +2 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 40ft, Init: +4

Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Something bit him in the bilges eh? Bet it was one of those bloody great spiders"


Primordial Ooze

Plugg looks at you condescendingly and smiles "Looks like volunteers boys" and the toadies of Scourge chuckle "You, you, you, you and Bootlick - get down there and check it out" pointing out the five outsider-spawn before he turns his head "Quinn!" calling the red haired cleric forward to tend to Scrimshaw.

FYI - Obisyth, no need to expend the CLW


Male Human (Taldan) Magus (Bladebound, Kensai) 4; AC 17, touch 17, flat-footed 10, CMD 20; HP 35/35; AP 4/4; Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +6; Initiative +4; Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 (+2 to both while wielding Morathil)

Joneth once again climbs to the top and settles in the crow's nest, eyes fixed on the surrounding sea as he turns his head this way and that, seemingly focused on the task at hand. He does take a break at some point though and it is during this break that he hears the scream and sees Jack all bloody. Keen ears easily pick up on the conversation between the injured man and Plugg.

"This promises to be somewhat interesting," he almost whispers to Nachni after moving to stand next to the woman. Sure enough, he finds himself among the 'volunteers', a soft sigh his only response to being selected.

Taking 10 on the Climb checks for a result of 16.

Perception 1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 5 + 4 = 24

Daytime Ship Action: Work Diligently.

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


HP 31/31, AC 16, CMD 12, Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +6 Channel 6/6, Death Kiss 5/5 , Web 1/1, Coat 1/1

Deader had enjoyed the day. The cook was entertaining and occasionally shared extra drink, and really didn't care much what Deader did, so Deader just listened and made a few jokes to pass the day.

Daytime action, listen to the cook and Influence him.

influence: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

That evening Deader was even more amused. He was going to go back to the Bilges!

"Wonder if what Magpie said is true..." he said (mostly) to himself.

201 to 250 of 2,225 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Devil-spawn and Demon-taint: Ship-shape and Bristol Fashion All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.