Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Devil-spawn and Demon-taint: A Fiendish Take on Skull & Shackles (Inactive)

Game Master Mark Sweetman

Press-ganged to serve aboard the Wormwood, the crew with the outsider's touch must struggle to stay alive long enough to sate their desire for revenge...


151 to 200 of 2,225 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Female Tiefling Witch 4, HP 26/26, AC 13/T13/FF10, F/R/W +2/+4/+3, Per -1

To Obysyth, Just going to keep nose busy. Fish takes a quick step over to Tate and readies to strike You done? Acrobatics 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17 5ft step to E2. If I understand this right, ready action to attack if Tate attempts to attack, move, or stand. If he stands, this would trigger my ready action and provoke an attack of opportunity?

Taldor

M Tiefling (Pit) Barb 5 HP:67/67, - AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Perception: +8(+10)(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +3/W: +2 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 40ft, Init: +4

Free action

"Fight's over boys, gimme a hand getting this fellow above decks"

Cedrick is looking at his downed opponent ready to drag him away, but is aware others might not be so keen.


Primordial Ooze

Fish - aye, readied action would go off, plus you'd also get the AoO as he rose.

Obisyth's attempt to land a punch is ineffectual, as Fish moves to Tate to stand beside him as potential executioner.

Seeing the way things are playing out Tate and Jape exchange a meaningful glance...

Sense Motive DC 15:
The way Jape looked pointedly and jerking his head up suggests he was telling Tate to stand. Tate goes slightly limper and nods briefly to the instruction.
You get a distinct feeling that they are taking advantage of Fish's aggressive outburst with a tangible weapon.

...before Jape barks "Syl, Aretta - topsides and bring 'im down below."

The two women nod and then take off up the stairs at pace, and Tate attempts to stand Fish gets readied attack plus AoO beside the scaly agressor.

Combat potentially over pending Fish's reaction - you can follow through on the attacks or back off.


Female Tiefling - Oni Spawn Druid(aquatic)/4 - HP 35/35; AC17/19 w/shield, FF15, T12; F+6,R+3,W+8; Per+11; Init+3

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Sensing the pause, I step back next to Fish.

Quietly to Fish: Girl, unless you wish to experience the same love shown that guy who was dragged beneath the ship, I would highly recommend making that knife in your hand disappear. You don't have to, but I think it would be much less painful. I will hit him if he goes after you again.


Stats:
AC 16/12/14 HP 13/21 F+1 R+8 W+3 Init +4 Per+4

I don't like the dwarf, but this would be far too obvious. Better a tragic fall from the rigging or a slip overboard in a storm. This is not going to go well.

Taldor

M Tiefling (Pit) Barb 5 HP:67/67, - AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Perception: +8(+10)(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +3/W: +2 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 40ft, Init: +4

Sense Motive 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

Cedrick stops to pick up his fallen opponent and carry him topside.

"Good fight lads and lasses, now it time to heed the bell"


Stats:
AC 16/12/14 HP 13/21 F+1 R+8 W+3 Init +4 Per+4

Nachni drifts in behind Cedrick, trying to look unobtrusive. Reaching the steps she heads for the main deck, fully expecting Scourge or Plugg to show up at any moment.


Primordial Ooze

Just a short note to say that I'll have a denouement up once I get Fish's immediate reaction to the AoO provoked by Tate.


HP 31/31, AC 16, CMD 12, Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +6 Channel 6/6, Death Kiss 5/5 , Web 1/1, Coat 1/1

Deader wanders after as though nothing had happened, whistling a jaunty tune to himself.


Primordial Ooze

Cedrick is unchallenged as he picks up Maheem and carries the big Rahadoumi with Nachni following in his wake. Deader also finds his path unhindered and begins to move through the hold to the topdeck.

Syl and Aretta outpace you as they move with practiced feet past Hungry and upwards. You can hear them start to call "Master Scourge! Master Scourge!"

Joneth is yet to define if he moves up or stays down.
I have Obisyth pausing beside Fish and Fish yet to resolve if she makes with the stabby stabby.


Male Human (Chelaxian, Taldan) Magus (Bladebound, Kensai) 1; AC 14, touch 14, flat-footed 10, CMD 15; HP 9/9; AP 4/4; Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; Initiative +3; Perception +6, Sense Motive +1

"Foolish girl," Joneth mutters to himself as he follows the rest of them towards the topdeck and, from the sound of it, Master Scourge.

Sense Motive 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23


Stats:
AC 16/12/14 HP 13/21 F+1 R+8 W+3 Init +4 Per+4

Nachni shakes her head as she hears Syl and Aretta calling out. She murmurs, "I guess we know who the rats are." Making her way past Hungry, she heads up to the main deck.


Female Tiefling Witch 4, HP 26/26, AC 13/T13/FF10, F/R/W +2/+4/+3, Per -1

Apologies for being a bit slow. Here are the rolls for Fish's two attacks. 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 181d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 51d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 71d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Hearing the two pirates call for help, Fish decides to strike Tate with fist instead of dagger, then tosses it behind her.

Using unarmed attack instead of dagger. Thanks for the advice John! Then using free action to drop/toss weapon behind her.

Taldor

M Tiefling (Pit) Barb 5 HP:67/67, - AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Perception: +8(+10)(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +3/W: +2 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 40ft, Init: +4

Cedrick ensures his defeated combatant is still on deck to report for duty, but retains tight lipped and stoicly upright, just as a junior Taldane Officer would be expected to do.


Female Tiefling - Oni Spawn Druid(aquatic)/4 - HP 35/35; AC17/19 w/shield, FF15, T12; F+6,R+3,W+8; Per+11; Init+3

Seeing Fish toss the dagger away, Obisyth heads up toward the deck to see what awaits after the morning brawl.


Primordial Ooze

As most of you move topsides, you are crossed over in the officer's quarters by Scourge with a smug Aretta in tow. Cedrick lugging Maheem like so much dead meat gets a double take - but is left unchallenged as his focus is clearly on what lies below.

Once on deck you see that the other crew are assembled and Plugg is pacing the fo'castle awaiting the ring of the ship's clock before handing out orders for the day. Syl is among the sailors milling around the mainmast, looking sickly and shying away from Deader as he comes atop. Plugg notes the arrival of an unconscious sailor with a raised eyebrow, but does not call out Cedrick for an explanation. Obisyth arrives up soon after the rest of you and manages to make it before the bell.

The chime comes from a clock that lies partway up the mainmast below the crow's nest, and after it's call Plugg gives instructions for the day.

Job Rolls:
Deader: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Joneth: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Nachni: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Cedrick: 1d6 ⇒ 1
Obisyth: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Deader is sent down to see the cook once more, with a pointed instruction to be less mouthy this time.
Joneth is sent for Upper Rigging Work with Ratline.
Nachni gets to spend the day alone up in the Crows Nest as Lookout.
Cedrick has a less savory proposition and is sent to Work the Bilges with Cog.
Obisyth joins the redhead Quinn for Hauling Rope and Knot Work.

Checks and Daytime actions please :)

Fish is still belowdecks with Scourge, Aretta, Jape, Tate and Fipps at this point, though all but Jape and Tate emerge with chuckles and smiles after another minute or so.

Fish:
Fish gives Tate a solid punch as he stands in place and has a short moment to discard her summoned dagger. Although Obisyth is permitted to leave, any attempt for Fish to depart is met with opposition as Tate and Jape interpose between her and the stairs. Shortly afterwards Scourge and Aretta arrive back into the hold and Fish does not get a good feeling at all.

Scourge takes in the situation in the hold as Jape and Tate both blurt out "She cut Fipps, gut him like a dog Master Scourge." and Scourge holds up a hand and merely barks "Get topsides boys, Aretta and me have it under control" and the two file out of the hold. Scourge affixes Fish with a sadistic toothy grin that shows gold before asking "Well well well... you're in trouble now Fishy Fish. Are you going to make this hard, or easy..." as his hand pats the cat o' nine at his waist.


Stats:
AC 16/12/14 HP 13/21 F+1 R+8 W+3 Init +4 Per+4

DM VoV:

Are you handling influence the same way I am - can only influence people you're assigned to work with?


Primordial Ooze

Nachni:
I'm a little more open, as you'll have chance to cross paths with the other riggers during the shift enough to talk - plus I'd expect that chow time would give another opportunity.
So, I'd be happy for you to engage with the other Riggers while you're up in the crow - but probably not the swabs. Make sense?
Also worth noting that while you can do it mechanically, each of the potential friends will have an explicit task that you can carry out to get an auto-friend status (such as if you get Conch a kiss from Rosie, etc)


HP 31/31, AC 16, CMD 12, Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +6 Channel 6/6, Death Kiss 5/5 , Web 1/1, Coat 1/1

"Eye eye sir." Deader grins and whistles his way down to the kitchens.

Work Diligently untrained craft cooking check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

I'd like to clean and take a couple small bones though. Do I need to roll for that?


Female Tiefling - Oni Spawn Druid(aquatic)/4 - HP 35/35; AC17/19 w/shield, FF15, T12; F+6,R+3,W+8; Per+11; Init+3

Obisyth climbs up to the deck and accepts whatever is available for food. She watches back toward the stairs but does not see Fish leave.

She should have known better than to be the first to draw a blade, whatever happens is her own fault.

Seeing another day of hard labor ahead of herself, Obisyth stretches and begins to work with the ropes.

Strength: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23 --> My these ropes seem light.
Constitution: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 --> However, the heat was much more than expected.

Daily Action: Sneak - Perception:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

DM VoV:

Sorry, what areas can we search? I am sure that you listed it somewhere, but cannot find the options.


Primordial Ooze

Deader:
You find your way back to the kitchens without too much of an issue and find it in much the same condition as yesterday, though today the portly one with the apron is awake... and seems to have a chicken on his shoulder?

Cut-throat is eyeing you from the room across the hold - which doubles as the quartermaster's store. She hasn't said anything... yet...

The cook, Kroop, is a bit more welcoming today though and gives you a grin through stained teeth "Hey there fella, seems ye had some trouble yesterdays" wheezing as he emits a laugh "Though that other fella with the rod up his arse seemed taken with ye. I'm Kroop" holding out a dirty hand for a handshake.

1d2 ⇒ 1


Primordial Ooze

Obisyth - for searching, refer to the map in the Campaign info tab. The places covered by the grey boxes are behind closed locked and most likely trapped doors - but the others can be looked over.
You can refer by name, or the map reference.
You could also try and delve into one of the greyed out areas - or at least check out the door that bars entry into it.


HP 31/31, AC 16, CMD 12, Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +6 Channel 6/6, Death Kiss 5/5 , Web 1/1, Coat 1/1

Voice:
Deader shakes the cook's hand with his usual unhinged grin. "Hiya Kroop." he says, not offering his own name. "No trouble, just a near-whipping. What're we cookin'?"


Female Tiefling - Oni Spawn Druid(aquatic)/4 - HP 35/35; AC17/19 w/shield, FF15, T12; F+6,R+3,W+8; Per+11; Init+3

Thanks - I will search the Main Hold - A6 - to see if there is anything useful.


Female Tiefling Witch 4, HP 26/26, AC 13/T13/FF10, F/R/W +2/+4/+3, Per -1

Sensing there isn't much she can do, Easy. The list gets a little longer: Fipps, Jape, Tate, Aretta, and now Scourge. Sing you all a song, then you'll breathe deep, and never breath again.


Stats:
AC 16/12/14 HP 13/21 F+1 R+8 W+3 Init +4 Per+4

DM VoV:

Yah, more than fair.

Nachni flits up to the crow's nest. This could be a lonely day. I hope Fish didn't get in too deep. Sooo, getting to Conch means getting to Rosie. I wonder what out little Rosie will want. And, I wonder if any of my fellow riggers will know. Over the course of the day, Nachni keeps an eye on the briny deeps, but takes advantage of the other riggers coming close from time to time to tease out further details and rumors about the crew, focusing on anything they know about Rosie. She also sees what she can learn about her fellow rigger Ratline. Socialize: Rosie and Ratline
Perception 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (13) - 1 = 12

Taldor

M Tiefling (Pit) Barb 5 HP:67/67, - AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Perception: +8(+10)(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +3/W: +2 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 40ft, Init: +4
task list wrote:
Man the Bilges: Vile and sweaty work cleaning out the bilges, requiring a DC 12 Strength check. You must also make a DC 10 Constitution check to avoid being fatigued at the end of the shift.

No profession:sailor!? ouch

Cedrick gets to work but has clearly not spent much time doing bilge work before, and takes a lot of time as he tries to get the hang of the job.

Str Check 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Con Check 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

Although he still pulls up ok physically, he knows that the job being a bit half done will create a few waves, which he rapidly tries to smooth over when the time comes for inspection...

"I do beg your pardon there Sir, I was a bit slow learning the job and the ship layout is different to what I know, but Mr Cog there certainly helped set me straight on the matter. I feel pretty bad about letting you all down there, but now I've had my course set straight I'm sure next time it will be smooth sailing...you are a top bunch of officers..."

Diplomacy 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Day action: Cedrick starts to build a 'kit' - will look at the list of common objects later and detail it up. Essentially a bag, rope, waterskins, grappling hook, and maybe a decent lump of wood to craft into a proper club and a bit of leather for a sling... any think quilting about that might form the basis of a suit of padded armour?


Female Tiefling - Oni Spawn Druid(aquatic)/4 - HP 35/35; AC17/19 w/shield, FF15, T12; F+6,R+3,W+8; Per+11; Init+3

During the day, Obisyth does her best moving the heavy ropes and has little trouble untying even the tightest of knots. Unfortunately she forgets to take time to drink water and get in the shade. Thus, at the end of the day, she is quite exhausted.

During a break during the day, Obisyth does get out of the sun for a few minutes when she goes below decks - A6. Seeing that there is nobody in the area, she quickly scans and searches the entire room seeking anything useful, rope, a club, small stones that can be used as sling stones, a leather strap for a sling.

All rolls done above.

As the sweat is rolling off her head and onto the deck, Obisyth turns to Quinn: So what brings a fine woman like yerself to a boat like this?

Diplomacy: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19

Also, during the day, when it is hottest and nobody is watching her, Obisyth casts Create Water above her head to cool down and get some drinkable water.
Stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Primordial Ooze

Giving up on the spoilers just to make things easier to read. I only ask for vigilance over whether your character knows something or not.

Deader:

The man chuckles as the rooster on his shoulder caws "Turtlies, if yer good enough to catch 'em" pointing to a disheveled pile of nets and hooks in one corner "Theres the gear like, but bugger me if I know how to gets em. Cap'n wants turtlies..." shrugging at Deader as though that were explanation enough.

Turtle Hunting as per job list

Cedrick:

Working in the bilges with Cog you find him a dour, but marginally personable fellow. Some of his turns of phrase make you think he has a dark sense of humor, and you're surprised to find out he volunteered for duty aboard rather than being pressganged.

In the first couple of hours of your shift you are already slick with sweat and gagging on the stench when you feel a solid thump of something landing on your neck.... and it is moving...

Fickle Hand of Fate:
2d4 ⇒ (1, 3) = 4
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Your lack of / success with weaseling out of a failed work check will come into light at the end of the day :)
Re: Kit. Some canvas could probably be make-shifted into some ill-working padded, but would take some time and you'd look fairly... interesting wearing it.

Nachni:

Ratline tends to be working fairly close as he's in the upper rigging - so you get a reasonable swadge of information out of him. He's less than attractive with a pinched face with hard lines and is missing three fingers. He swears it was in a fight to defend a woman's honor... but you wrangle out of him eventually it was for thieving before he came aboard he was after a fine bit of scrimshaw he saw in a merchant's shop and didn't have the cash for it. He doesn't come out and say it, but he seems right scared of Hungry below decks, though you can't elicit why.

Rosie is quite muscular for a halfling and Ratline says she's a dab hand with the axe at her belt. Apparently Fipps tried to get fresh early on and she threated to cut off his... appendage with it and the poor fatman's terrified of her now. She like to drink, and eat and drink some more too. Rosie also won't let up about her fiddle that she lost to the stores when she was forced aboard. Ratline himself begs you to get it for her just so she'd shut-up about it's loss.

Fish:

Scourge barks "Right then, ye can carry up Fipps to the topdeck so I can show Plugg what a mess you've made." beckoning you to struggle with heaving the sweaty and bloodied fatman up the stairs alone.

Obisyth:

Quinn is friendly enough and she confides that she herself was press-ganged and she's looking for making friends. She is a devotee of the Pirate Queen herself - Besmara, and was able to trick the Quartermaster - cut-throat - into giving up some of her old gear by naming it cursed. By way of peace offering, she reckons she could probably weasel a couple more items out of Grok if there was anything you or your shipmates were desparate for.

Sneaking away mid-shift you find the main hold is mostly empty - bar a dozen or more pigs in cages on one side, three tightly lashed bundles that seem to have oversized crossbows and a broken apart catapult, and a score of barrels filled with either lamp oil or rope tar. In the foredecks area Hungry is tied to the mast, though he doesn't take much notice of you unless you draw close.

The aft section has a set of stairs that lead up to the cabin in the aft-decks - though you've a sense of foreboding about the stairs themselves and Quinn tells you later to be careful as some of the parts of the ship are fitted with brutal traps.

Taldor

M Tiefling (Pit) Barb 5 HP:67/67, - AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Perception: +8(+10)(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +3/W: +2 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 40ft, Init: +4

Cheers thanks, will post up what I am trying to assemble in the OOC

"Cogg, what the Hells is that!?" Cedrick exclaims.


Primordial Ooze

Cedrick:

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18 for 1d3 - 4 ⇒ (3) - 4 = -1 1 non-lethal and a DC 10 Fort save please

The young midshipman feels the sharp bite of tiny fangs dig into his neck as Cog turns to him and reacts with shock "Feck, it's a bilge biter"

Taldor

M Tiefling (Pit) Barb 5 HP:67/67, - AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Perception: +8(+10)(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +3/W: +2 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 40ft, Init: +4

Fort save 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

"Ugh!"

Return attacks etc? Obviously he's not equipped just yet or anything...


Primordial Ooze

Attempting to squish with hands will probably work. It's little, so if you:
Fluff - brushed it off then tried to stomp it
Crunch - 5ft step and attack from outside it's reach

Taldor

M Tiefling (Pit) Barb 5 HP:67/67, - AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Perception: +8(+10)(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +3/W: +2 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 40ft, Init: +4

Cedrick brushes the thing off before putting a boot into it...

Attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Damage 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Female Tiefling Witch 4, HP 26/26, AC 13/T13/FF10, F/R/W +2/+4/+3, Per -1

Yes sir. Fish dutifully lugs the unconscious man up top. Just wait til no ones looking, a dash of salt in your belly will clear you head right quick.


Female Tiefling - Oni Spawn Druid(aquatic)/4 - HP 35/35; AC17/19 w/shield, FF15, T12; F+6,R+3,W+8; Per+11; Init+3

DMVoV:

The funny thing is I pretty much did not list any equipment as you said we started with nothing. Will have to figure what I had, being a druid, I did not have much - Wooden Armor, Club, Sling, etc. - Since I have 50 gp of trade goods, that is the majority of my wealth.


Primordial Ooze

Obisyth:
She's not offering to get your gear... just some gear. So it wasn't necessarily owned by you in the past.


Male Human (Chelaxian, Taldan) Magus (Bladebound, Kensai) 1; AC 14, touch 14, flat-footed 10, CMD 15; HP 9/9; AP 4/4; Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; Initiative +3; Perception +6, Sense Motive +1

Joneth pauses to look at the rigging for a few seconds before tentatively trying the ropes. At first, he climbs carefully and at a relaxed speed, but after a while he picks up the pace, feeling a bit more confident and used to the ship's movements. During his talking with Ratline, the tiefling acts genuinely interested at what the other man has to say about life on a pirate ship -and indeed he is, if he is to come out on top of this situation he has found himself in- and at the same time tries to see what the other man is about and whether he is pleased with the status quo on the ship.

Normal climbing for the first 30 feet, then accelerated climbing (-5 penalty) for the last 20 feet.

Climb 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Climb 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Climb 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Climb 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Climb 1d20 + 6 - 5 ⇒ (9) + 6 - 5 = 10
Climb 1d20 + 6 - 5 ⇒ (13) + 6 - 5 = 14

Dexterity 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

Daytime Ship Action: Socialize.

A couple of close ones... Phew...


HP 31/31, AC 16, CMD 12, Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +6 Channel 6/6, Death Kiss 5/5 , Web 1/1, Coat 1/1

untrained profession fisherman, dilligant: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

The corpse-man picked up the pile of nets and bait and odds and ends and lugged it topside to sort through.

As much as he thought he had it figured out...

... he was wrong.

Taldor

M Tiefling (Pit) Barb 5 HP:67/67, - AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Perception: +8(+10)(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +3/W: +2 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 40ft, Init: +4

"We have a rat problem?" Cedrick asks of Cog, whilst examining the effectiveness of his vicious stomp...


Female Tiefling Witch 4, HP 26/26, AC 13/T13/FF10, F/R/W +2/+4/+3, Per -1

Oh what does fate have in store for poor Fish.


Female Tiefling - Oni Spawn Druid(aquatic)/4 - HP 35/35; AC17/19 w/shield, FF15, T12; F+6,R+3,W+8; Per+11; Init+3

Fish, time to meet some fish - too bad they do not know you can sort of breathe under water.


Primordial Ooze

Appreciate you guys bearing with me - work has been busy and there is a potential development that needs consideration and inclusion.
I'll get there, but at the moment I'm the little engine that could still chugging up the mountain.


Female Tiefling - Oni Spawn Druid(aquatic)/4 - HP 35/35; AC17/19 w/shield, FF15, T12; F+6,R+3,W+8; Per+11; Init+3

We think you can, we think you can . . .


Chugga chugga TOOT TOOT.


Female Tiefling Witch 4, HP 26/26, AC 13/T13/FF10, F/R/W +2/+4/+3, Per -1

@Obisyth. True, and that I can make friends with da fishies.


Primordial Ooze

Fish:

After Fish is made to lug the corpulent and bloodied Fipps up to main deck, Scourge sees her secured to the mast with a rope. Fish is covered with the fat man's reeking sweat and blood besides. "Quinn - see to Chum there while I talk wi' Plugg" Scourge barks before he goes off to talk in hushed tones with the Wormwood's first mate. A red headed lass comes out of the crowd and tends to the fat one, touching a symbol hanging around her neck before saltwater drips from her hand into the wound - sealing it as it does.

Scourge soon breaks from his talk with Plugg and moves away with a sadistic expression. Fipps is returned to consciousness and work - but Fish is left alone against the mast. None of the crew approach, though Quinn does regard you with sad eyes and a sigh.

Cedrick:

You brush off the spider that seems the size of a small kitten, but your follow up stomp loses it in the water. You catch a glimpse as it ferrets up the wall and into a nest of thick webs in one corner of the bilges.

You also notice a few old and part rotted crates in the bilges that seem to still hold some goods. You have a window to look through them alone when Cog leaves to get some drinking water.

Your entreaties at the end of the day fall on deaf ears. Scourge pointedly barks "Looks to me Bootlick, that you concentrate more on talkin than ye do on workin... Everyone on this ship needs to pull their weight and iffin ye can't then the lash'll give ye all the motivation ye need to keep tryin"

Joneth:

You can take 10 on the Climb checks if you like, just not the other job check

Joneth learns the same as Nachni did on Ratline, and also that there is a Swab who is a dab hand at scrimshaw - young man called Jack. You also find out that Syl - one of the riggers who is a crony of Scourge is not well liked. You'd wager that if you found a means to reduce her stocks - that yours would improve.

Deader:

When you return to Kroop he is merrily half-cut and frowns at the lack of turtles. "Reckon he'd notice if we used turnips instead?" and sets to rejigging the soup stock into another rendition of fish stew.

Bloody Hour:

As the chime sounds for the end of the day's work and dusk settles in, the crew assembles for bloody hour... when punishments will be metered out.

As you assemble Scourge seems to be preparing a rope that has a set of shackles on it near one end... and a catapult stone at it's tip. Given the way he glances at Fish you'd wager it's use lies in her future.

Scourge cronies start chuckling "Hur hur... we's goin fishing with the Fish"


Stats:
AC 16/12/14 HP 13/21 F+1 R+8 W+3 Init +4 Per+4

Nachni shifts nervously on deck, watching with growing unease to see what Scourge is up to. Bloody hells, what are they planning to do with her? Profession (Sailor) 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Taldor

M Tiefling (Pit) Barb 5 HP:67/67, - AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Perception: +8(+10)(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +3/W: +2 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 40ft, Init: +4

Cedrick takes a look at the content of he crates out of curiosity when the opportunity presents.

He makes no comment to the rebuke merely stiffening up at tttention when addressed.

Once the Bloody Hour starts, Cedrick watches the punishment being prepared, finding little difference between the harshness of the Pirates and the hard unflinching discipline of the Navy. Rum and Lash are the preferred currency of both.


Female Tiefling - Oni Spawn Druid(aquatic)/4 - HP 35/35; AC17/19 w/shield, FF15, T12; F+6,R+3,W+8; Per+11; Init+3

Obisyth simply stays quiet and out of the way after seeing the harsh punishment dealt out upon others.

When the punishment is begun for Fish, Obisyth begins to take a step forward to stop the abuse and then realizes that such an act was guaranteed to fail and would likely get her the same abuse.

Thus, she stands and watches, knowing that the acts will be brutal and likely to leave the poor girl crippled if not dead.

151 to 200 of 2,225 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Devil-spawn and Demon-taint: Ship-shape and Bristol Fashion All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.