Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Devil-spawn and Demon-taint: A Fiendish Take on Skull & Shackles (Inactive)

Game Master Mark Sweetman

Press-ganged to serve aboard the Wormwood, the crew with the outsider's touch must struggle to stay alive long enough to sate their desire for revenge...


101 to 150 of 2,225 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Female Tiefling - Oni Spawn Druid(aquatic)/4 - HP 35/35; AC17/19 w/shield, FF15, T12; F+6,R+3,W+8; Per+11; Init+3

After consuming the rum, Obisyth feels the alcohol go straight to her head.

Wow, never felt anything like that before. I wonder if I could fly.

You all suddenly see the thin green girl raise her arms and run around the ship flapping her arms for a minute or two. When she realizes that everyone is looking at her, she suddenly stops and giggles.

Oops, sorrarrary. Though me be a bird, hehehe.

And with that Obisyth falls down onto the seat next to an older woman with her hair shaved into thin stripes. (Badger Medlar)

So, what is a nice lady like yerself doin' with these roughnecks?

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19


Stats:
AC 16/12/14 HP 13/21 F+1 R+8 W+3 Init +4 Per+4

I'll ante up, though I'll be expecting some change :)
Nachni dips her head to the side to catch Fish's songs. What a strange tongue. Perhaps some of Mother's friends...that's what I get for shirking those lessons. But she can't help but turn to look at Obisyth when she does her impression of a bird. That would probably be me too if I have that drink. Much better to have them think I can hold my liquor. "Cards? Dice? What's the game of choice tonight?"


Primordial Ooze

Fish finds that none of the crew seem to speak the language that she sings, but her words are received well enough.

Perception DC25:
While Fish sings, you hear a scrabbling and rattling of chains coming from below the deck near the foremast.

Cedrick waits chivalrously for the strange song-fish to finish, before regaling the crew with a ribald tale of academy days.
Yep - you can apply the bonus from the trait for the next 1d4 ⇒ 2 days on any checks to influence the crew.

You both notice that the group of Scourge's cronies are up on the aft-deck talking with the man himself. They occasionally look around, but no snatch of conversation can be heard - and you'd wager it a difficult task to get near enough to eavesdrop.

Obisyth finds Badger sneer and slide to the side to give fair margin between you and her. Looking at her with near eyes you find that she's far from a nice lady and has weathered skin and her own share of scars. Over a few minutes listening to your fellow pressganged, your attempts to engage fall on deaf ears and you don't learn too much about her.

Nachni and Deader:

Nachni sashays across to Conch, who introduces her to the others a woman called Barefoot for obvious reasons and a scowling man with a bandana known as Cog. You see that they are mostly playing for copper bits, though you catch the glint of silver. As Deader joins you the cards are stowed and cups and dice come out "With five would a game of Liar's Dice tickle your fancy?" looking over your rags and asking... "But have you money for stake?"

Nachni - you can parlay one of the bracelets straight into 5 gold for ante, or make an alternate offer - as in bracelet vs an item, etc.
I'm happy to play out the game if you are - and we can do it in Flextime so that we aren't holding up the main storyline.
Standard Liar's Dice rules - no wild numbers, 5 dice per cup and I'll randomize the starting bidder. Any questions?

John Rhasp:
As you move from the mast to the game of chance, a whisper on the wind draws you port side and under the hanging corpse of Magpie. A wet splat lands on your shoulder, and grasping at it you find a gold tooth wet with blood. Looking up you stare straight into the rent and bloodied face of the keelhauled man... and the corpse smiles at you for but a moment.
Gold tooth gives you summat to gamble with if you're keen - treat it as 1gp.

When you're ready to toddle off to sleep, just reconfirm any night-time actions and state you head below.
Your second day afloat awaits :)


HP 31/31, AC 16, CMD 12, Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +6 Channel 6/6, Death Kiss 5/5 , Web 1/1, Coat 1/1

Deader just might have thanked Magpie's corpse on his way to the game. It was hard to tell.

Moving to the game of dice he slapped a slightly bloody golden tooth on the table. "Just enough t' win, Mr. Cog. Just enough t' win."

How are we going to handle this?


Male Human (Taldan) Magus (Bladebound, Kensai) 4; AC 17, touch 17, flat-footed 10, CMD 20; HP 35/35; AP 4/4; Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +6; Initiative +4; Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 (+2 to both while wielding Morathil)

Not quite tired despite the day's hard work, Joneth opts to follow Nachni and the one Plugg has dubbed 'Deader', though he is not interested in gambling along with them, especially considering his one possession still on himself is one he prefers to keep hidden for now. Still, it is a good enough opportunity to perhaps know not only the two who were press-ganged along with him, but some of the crew as well, a little better. If for no other reason, such tidbits of information may prove useful in the near future, as far as he is concerned.

Nighttime Ship Action: Socialize.


Primordial Ooze

Dice rolls in a spoiler and trust to the honor system I would suggest.
Bluff can be used to sell a false tell or the like across the table, opposed obviously by Sense Motive.
Round in a circle escalating by number or quantity (so 3 x fours is a higher bid than 3 x twos which is higher than 2 x sixes). At any point, any player can call Liar - all reveal and one gets eliminated based on whether they called right or not. Last one standing gets the pot...

Or we can just hand wave it with a Profession (Gambler) roll which I'll allow you to roll 'Aid Anothers' for your check using Bluff and Sense Motive.

Joneth joins the group of gamblers and through watching and talking gets a fair picture of them.

Joneth:
Conch: the gnome is an insufferable lecher, but despite that is an amicable enough fellow. His eyes wander to a muscular halfling lass who at present is listening to Cedrick's ribald tale - whose name you gather is Rosie. Conch is hopelessly sweet on the girl. He was also press-ganged to service, though seems to have accepted his lot. He is the one most enjoying the gambling as it takes place, getting equal pleasure from the game as well as the potential winnings.
Cog: a sullen man and you're surprised to find was not forced to service, but rather volunteered. Calloused knuckles and the crease of a broken nose give some indication of a history of fisticuffs. As he breathes over his dice you catch a faint prayer to the Lady of Graves - Pharasma, and the tone of his talk over the game tends to a dark and morbid sense of humour.
Barefoot: the lass has a reasonably warm disposition and you gather she grew up a fisherwoman in the Sodden Lands. She laments the fact that Kroop (the cook) tends to undercook and overspice the stews, and she has a sense of longing for a simple steamed fresh fish without any of the other accoutrements. You also note that she warmly bids a female one-eyed gnome goodnight as the other leaves the deck for the hammock.


Stats:
AC 16/12/14 HP 13/21 F+1 R+8 W+3 Init +4 Per+4

"I think I might have enough," says Nachni sitting cross-legged on the deck while sliding out one of her bracelets. She lays it down on the deck and spins it round with her finger making a delicate ringing noise. "A little loot I happened upon for my last 'job' before getting recruited to join this crew. I don't suppose any of you have a whip and a couple gold bits you'd part with for the bracelet?"


Primordial Ooze

Cog grunts "Go talk to Scourge if ye're after a whippin... none of us carry that sort of thing. Cutthroat in stores might be yer best bet. I'll give ye three gold skulls, a couple of silvers and a dagger fer it though."


Stats:
AC 16/12/14 HP 13/21 F+1 R+8 W+3 Init +4 Per+4

"Yeah, I'll avoid Scourge as long as I can. Speaking of which, any idea what he might be up to over there with those other crew members?" She considers the deal for a moment, "All right, that sounds like a fair deal. Nice to meet you Cog." She hands him the bracelet, accepting the dagger and coins in return, concealing both in her silks. "Looks like I'm ready to start. Who's up?"


Female Tiefling - Oni Spawn Druid(aquatic)/4 - HP 35/35; AC17/19 w/shield, FF15, T12; F+6,R+3,W+8; Per+11; Init+3

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

After getting the shaft from Badger, Obisyth looks to see if there is anyone else interested in chatting.

Nighttime Action: Socialize

DM VoV:

If necessary: --> Diplomacy: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Female Tiefling Witch 4, HP 26/26, AC 13/T13/FF10, F/R/W +2/+4/+3, Per -1

Nighttime action, Entertain. Perception 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13


Primordial Ooze

Night Actions (Day 1):
Fish - Entertain (Success - which gives a +2 on any checks to 'influence' on day 2)
Obisyth - Influence (you tried on Badger, so can't follow up with a Socialize afterwards)
Nachni / John Rhasp - Gamble
Joneth - Socialize
Cedrick - Entertain (Success - which gives a +2 on any checks to 'influence' on day 2, plus used trait for another +1 for 4 days)

Nighttime entertainment winds down and you retreat below to your beds, awaiting the new day to come.

Flextime - Gambling:
The game of Liar's dice begins, with calls and accusations flying thick and fast across the deck... See Discussion thread

Wormwood Day 2 - Crew Berths:
Waking up early and in the knowledge that the work day will likely start shortly you prepare yourselve to head up on deck... but you find the stairs barred by a group of six sailors - Aretta, Fipps, Tate, Jape, Syl and Maheem. They are crowded around the sole staircase leading from the hold to the upper decks.

Maheem steps slightly forward from the group and gives Cedrick a firm poke in the chest "In a hurry are we Bootlick?" The rest of them chuckle and giggle in the background, you note no-one is armed with anything but their fists. In the distance a chime can be clearly heard.

Sense Motive DC 15:
Fipps appears to be patting his hip as though assuring himself that something is still there.

Map later tonight - but there is no way through the mass of people to the stairs.

Taldor

M Tiefling (Pit) Barb 5 HP:67/67, - AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Perception: +8(+10)(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +3/W: +2 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 40ft, Init: +4

Sense Motive 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

"Thought this might be coming, time for the welcome then eh?"

He looks at the man, not flinching back.

"You and I then, one on one, no blades, no weapons. Mano e mano, man to man. Mr Plugg will just have to be upset that one if us is going to be late, but not as upset as he'd be with one of us not coming back at all eh?"

Diplomacy 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Cedrick watches the man closely as he rolls up his sleeves.


Primordial Ooze

Maheem smiles a wide and gap-toothed grin "Ok little man..." as he stretches his back and cracks his knuckles by way of preparation. The cronies behind him near the stairs snigger, but don't cede passage for the other press-gangees.

There is a short period of time for people to add actions or input prior to the fisticuffs commencing...

Initiative Block:
Cedrick: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Maheem: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

Round 1: Maheem, Cedrick

Maheem reacts more quickly than Cedrick, but does not immediately throw a punch instead taking guard to sneer at you and taunt "Gonna wipe that smug look off yer face Bootlick"

Intimidate to Demoralize: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 Cedrick is shaken for Round 1

He is 5ft before you and with his cronies 10ft back from him.

Taldor

M Tiefling (Pit) Barb 5 HP:67/67, - AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Perception: +8(+10)(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +3/W: +2 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 40ft, Init: +4

Damn, he needed a 14 too!

Cedrick likewise sneers back. "Lets see what you've got then big man" Shaken as he is, he tries to hide it behind an overt display of aggression, and steps in with flying fists!

Attack 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 4 - 2 = 18 (The -2 for shaken condition)
Damage 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Primordial Ooze

Map

Cedrick's fist thunders into Maheem's cheek with a nasty crack, though the man stays standing... for now.

Maheem will tak his swing come morn - just want to give the others a chance to engage if they wish to.


Female Tiefling Witch 4, HP 26/26, AC 13/T13/FF10, F/R/W +2/+4/+3, Per -1

If you want to roll initiative, just ignore this1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12Also, my actions are assuming I can see the man at the top of the stairs. That's were I'll be centering the effect. The spell should target all but Maheem and the pirate closest to the bottom of the map.

Hearing the chime and seeing the party blocking her way, Make us late so we get a whipping? SÖMN! Fish shouts the last word and gestures towards the center of the group. Sleep. Duration 1min. Will save, Neg. DC15


Primordial Ooze

Initiative Block:
Maheem - 22
Cedrick - 13
Fish - 12
Other Pirates: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Obisyth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Nachni: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Joneth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Deader: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

Action Tracker (Round 1): Pirates, Obisyth, Nachni, Cedrick, Fish, Joneth, Deader

While most stand to watch the noble art of fisticuffs between Cedrick and Maheem... Fish begins wiggling her fingers and chanting arcane.

So Joneth and John have a chance to react to Fish beginning to cast before the pirates do.
Fish - sleep is a 1 round cast, so it won't take effect until the start of your next action - when I'll give you a chance to re-direct.

Taldor

M Tiefling (Pit) Barb 5 HP:67/67, - AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Perception: +8(+10)(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +3/W: +2 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 40ft, Init: +4

"It takes more than words Maheem!" Cedrick continues to bob duck a and weave against the pirate...

Just checking in, waiting for the inevitable change of fortunes when Cedrick gets laid out by the more seasoned sailor...


Female Tiefling Witch 4, HP 26/26, AC 13/T13/FF10, F/R/W +2/+4/+3, Per -1

Opps. Thanks DM.


HP 31/31, AC 16, CMD 12, Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +6 Channel 6/6, Death Kiss 5/5 , Web 1/1, Coat 1/1

Deader rolled his eyes, and kept walking, ignoring the violence and the other men.

Readied action to cast Cause Fear right in the face of the first joker to get in my way. DC 16


Primordial Ooze

Deader strode forward to the pirates surrounding the staircase, stopping short of the stairs when Syl does not move away. Unleashing thoughts most terrible into the lass' mind...
Will Save: 1d20 ⇒ 17
...he is surprised to find her stand firm despite the assault.

John Rhasp moved forward to D,6 - Syl is the one in C,6.

With Fish gesticulating in the background and Deader's overt actions, you get a feeling that all hell is about to break loose...

Action Tracker (Round 1): Pirates, Obisyth, Nachni, Cedrick, Fish, Joneth, Deader

Notes:
Syl - C,6 - shaken for Round 2

Just need Joneth, then can take the pirate's actions.


Male Human (Taldan) Magus (Bladebound, Kensai) 4; AC 17, touch 17, flat-footed 10, CMD 20; HP 35/35; AP 4/4; Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +6; Initiative +4; Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 (+2 to both while wielding Morathil)

Joneth rolls his eyes and sighs as he feels that this is soon going to go beyond a one-on-one fist fight. "Might as well," he whispers in a resigned tone to noone in particular before charging one of Maheem's cronies, right fist aimed at his chosen opponent's face.

Attacking the one at C5. Not sure if sneak attack applies or not, so I will include it just in case.

Melee attack (unarmed) 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Damage (bludgeoning, nonlethal) 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Sneak attack (nonlethal) 1d4 ⇒ 2


Primordial Ooze

Just on my way to bed, so update will be a while coming as I generally can't post on weekends till evening

Taldor

M Tiefling (Pit) Barb 5 HP:67/67, - AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Perception: +8(+10)(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +3/W: +2 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 40ft, Init: +4

Duck and weave...duck and weave...


Primordial Ooze

Joneth's fist comes fast and unexpected, exploding into the Half-Orc Jape's kidney before he can react. Sneak attack applies

Maheem seems oblivious to the change of conditions, focused on Cedrick as he launches a fist at the navy man...
Unarmed: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 for 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
...though his aim is definitely off.

However the others see that the civilized tete a tete has descended into a proper melee and react accordingly. The fat one, Fipps, points at Fish "Get 'er, shes some kinda witchy thing" and he rumbles forward with Tate to try and disrupt her casting...
Unarmed: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17 for 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Unarmed: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16 for 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
...battering the slimy witch with fists and elbows. Need a concentration check to keep the sleep spell

Syl strikes back at Deader, though her blow is somewhat hesitant...
Unarmed: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 3 - 2 = 12 for 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
...yet still lands a solid gut-shot.

Jape and Aretta then move against Joneth...
Unarmed: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 for 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Unarmed: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19 for 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
...Jape's swing wild as the pain of the kidney strike weighs on him, while Aretta lands an open hand slap across Joneth's cheek.

All damage is non-lethal

Action Tracker (Round 2): Pirates, Obisyth, Nachni, Cedrick, Fish, Joneth, Deader

Damage Tracker:
Maheem - D,4 - 6
Jape - C,5 - 5
Syl - C,6 - 0 (still shaken)
Aretta - C,4 - 0
Fipps - E,3 - 0
Tate - E,2 - 0

Updated Map


Female Tiefling - Oni Spawn Druid(aquatic)/4 - HP 35/35; AC17/19 w/shield, FF15, T12; F+6,R+3,W+8; Per+11; Init+3

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Sorry, first real net access in 3 days. Hope I can slightly retcon for the first round.

Round 1
Sensing that one of them at least has a concealed weapon, I prepare for a fight.

Use Alter Self - change to a more muscular version of myself --> +2 to strength.

Round 2
You can't attack our fishy witch.
Move to F4.
Attack E3 pirate.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Damage(unarmed): 1d3 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Hope I got everything right, will be back in the states late Sunday, at present I have 503 unread posts on my campaigns, so it will take a while to get through everything.

Taldor

M Tiefling (Pit) Barb 5 HP:67/67, - AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Perception: +8(+10)(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +3/W: +2 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 40ft, Init: +4

"No one interrupt us!" Cedrick yells to all and sundry, maintaining the fight...

awaiting turn, action below assuming nothing changes before my turn

"Let us continue this dance!"
/swift action - Challenge, +1 to damage so long as only one threatening.

Cedrick swings again...
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
1d3 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 1 = 5


Female Tiefling Witch 4, HP 26/26, AC 13/T13/FF10, F/R/W +2/+4/+3, Per -1

Two separate checks, correct? 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Reeling from the pirates blows, Fish loses her grip on the spell. Curse! Wanted this to be over quick and quiet. Fish takes a step back and quickly summons her dagger. 5ft step, standard action to cast icicle dagger

DM, a few questions for you. Wouldn't one of the pirates have provoked an attack of opportunity from Cedrick by moving through D3? Since I don't think any of us have Improved Unarmed Strike, why aren't we provoking attacks of opportunity for our unarmed strikes? Thanks. I'm new to the game, so the rules are still a bit fuzzy.


HP 31/31, AC 16, CMD 12, Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +6 Channel 6/6, Death Kiss 5/5 , Web 1/1, Coat 1/1

A little surprised at the blow, Deader grins. "If I wanted a kiss, I'd have called you mother." he said with a sneer. Stepping back he glanced to the side as if distracted and nodded, pointing at his attacker. "Sit down."

Touch Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

Ray of Enfeeblement

Taldor

M Tiefling (Pit) Barb 5 HP:67/67, - AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Perception: +8(+10)(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +3/W: +2 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 40ft, Init: +4

You don't threaten when not armed, hence no AOO. Even when wearing brass knuckles you are considered 'unarmed'... so yeah they can move about freely, but so can we. Imp Unarmed Strike would mean you were treated as armed.


HP 31/31, AC 16, CMD 12, Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +6 Channel 6/6, Death Kiss 5/5 , Web 1/1, Coat 1/1

Heck, I didn't know they didn't threaten. I'd have just kept on walking. :)

Taldor

M Tiefling (Pit) Barb 5 HP:67/67, - AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Perception: +8(+10)(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +3/W: +2 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 40ft, Init: +4

They dont threaten, but they can still hold an action and sucker punch as you walk by...they just wont get 'free shots'


Primordial Ooze

Cedrick is correct - unarmed without Improved Unarmed Strike = no AoO.
To Fish's question - they provoke an AoO each time they attack, but since you are unarmed you cannot take one. Similarly each of your attacks provokes - but since they are unarmed they cannot strike back.
Deader - while they don't provoke, they still take up the space - so you'd need a Bullrush / Acrobatics / Overrun maneuver to get through.

Obisyth steps up to Fipps and lands a one-two combo into his gullet.

Cedrick lands a second powerful punch on Maheem, leaving the big Rahadoumi breathing hard and making him weave unsteadily with the movement of the ship.

Tate watches Fish step back and...
Just a reminder - it is not an offence to carry weapons (you seen other swabbies with them), but it is an offence to use them to murder/death/kill your fellow pirates.
Double check for Fish to make sure she wants to 'draw' a blade?

Deader's sickly green ray strikes Syl...
Fort: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 3 - 2 = 15 Which I think is a fail? 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
...sapping the strength from her limbs.

Action Tracker (Round 2): Pirates, Obisyth, Nachni, Cedrick, Fish, Joneth, Deader

Damage Tracker:
Maheem - D,4 - 11
Jape - C,5 - 5
Syl - C,6 - 0 (still shaken)
Aretta - C,4 - 0
Fipps - E,3 - 6
Tate - E,2 - 0


Male Human (Taldan) Magus (Bladebound, Kensai) 4; AC 17, touch 17, flat-footed 10, CMD 20; HP 35/35; AP 4/4; Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +6; Initiative +4; Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 (+2 to both while wielding Morathil)

A bit more surprised than hurt from the slap and finding himself fending off attacks from two opponents, Joneth starts fighting more defensively, as he tries to keep both foes in front of him and at the same time attempts another punch aimed at the half-orc's midsection.

Round 2

Total defense (+4 dodge bonus to AC, -4 penalty on attacks, cannot make AoOs)

Melee attack (unarmed) 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 2 - 4 = 13
Damage (bludgeoning, nonlethal) 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Female Tiefling Witch 4, HP 26/26, AC 13/T13/FF10, F/R/W +2/+4/+3, Per -1

Thanks for the rules help DM and Cedrick. Fish will still 'draw' her blade. She knows getting hit again means going unconscious and is hoping that having a weapon will get people to back down, or give her the edge she needs to win.


Primordial Ooze

I'm guessing public holiday in US is holding up Nachni? - will give a little bit longer before wrapping up the round and taking the pirate's actions.

As Fish conjures a dagger from the ether, Tate's eyes go wide and he is clearly a little more wary. Fipps on the other hand has a more dangerous expression cross his face.

Joneth - I'm assuming fight defensively? Total defense doesn't allow for any attacks.

Jape cops a second gut shot from Joneth and he is reduced to a coughing fit for a few moments before recovering himself, eyeing you warily with one hand nursing his gut.


Male Human (Taldan) Magus (Bladebound, Kensai) 4; AC 17, touch 17, flat-footed 10, CMD 20; HP 35/35; AP 4/4; Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +6; Initiative +4; Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 (+2 to both while wielding Morathil)

I was always confused on whether total defense was a sort of upgraded form of fighting defensively, during which one sacrifices AoOs for even greater bonus to AC. Should have thought that you also sacrifice regular attacks. Sure, fighting defensively it is (+2 dodge bonus to AC, -4 penalty on attacks).

Taldor

M Tiefling (Pit) Barb 5 HP:67/67, - AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Perception: +8(+10)(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +3/W: +2 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 40ft, Init: +4

Bed time for me, so another slight out of turn as everything will happen while I'm in bed...le sigh!

Dealing with what comes his way, Cedrick maintains the fight, still swinging at the pirate...

Attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Damage 1d3 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 1 = 6

Crit?
Attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Add Damage 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Fighting defensively is great when you have a few ranks in Acrobatics, moves up to +3ac!


Female Tiefling - Oni Spawn Druid(aquatic)/4 - HP 35/35; AC17/19 w/shield, FF15, T12; F+6,R+3,W+8; Per+11; Init+3

Not sure where Nachni is, but I say DMPC her to either cast grease or use Derring-Do if she has not posted by the time DM VoV awakens.


Primordial Ooze

DM VoV not sleep yet :P

Nachni reacts by starting a swaying dance that inspires the rest of you to greater heights. Derring-do in effect

Maheem stutters on his feet, but manages one last swing at Cedrick...
Unarmed: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19 for 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
...cracking him in the ribs before Cedrick's rejoinder catches him in the throat and he hits the ground choking for breath.

Tate backs away from Fish, clearly not willing to face her blade.

Fipps is unbowed by Fish instead threatening "Come on Fishy, cut me and you'll get the box fer sure" deliberately pressing the attack and leaving Fish an opening... Provokes AoO if you want to take it.
Unarmed: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20 for 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Jape strikes back against Joneth and Aretta joins the fray...
Unarmed: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 for 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Unarmed: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19 for 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
...Jape's attack easily dodged, with Aretta's blow is true.

Syl lashes back out at the walking corpse...
Unarmed: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 3 - 2 = 19 for 1d3 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 1 - 2 = 0
...though her fists hold little strength as they impact on Deader's chest. 1 non-lethal

Perception DC15:
Behind the ones that have stood in your way are more interested pirates atop the stairs watching how the fight progresses.

Action Tracker (Round 3): Pirates, Obisyth, Nachni, Cedrick, Fish, Joneth, Deader

Damage Tracker:
Maheem - D,4 - Unconscious
Jape - C,5 - 10
Syl - C,6 - 0 (-5 Strength)
Aretta - C,4 - 0
Fipps - E,3 - 6
Tate - D,2 - 0

Updated Map


HP 31/31, AC 16, CMD 12, Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +6 Channel 6/6, Death Kiss 5/5 , Web 1/1, Coat 1/1

Deader looks a bit confused by the blow, looking down at his chest and back up at Syl with a look that says are you serious?

"How's about you just give up and get out of my way now?" Deader says with a bored look.

intimidate: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12

Sheesh. Well, there's no auto-fail on skill checks, so if her Will save is low that might still do it...


Female Tiefling - Oni Spawn Druid(aquatic)/4 - HP 35/35; AC17/19 w/shield, FF15, T12; F+6,R+3,W+8; Per+11; Init+3

Round 3

Obisyth sighs.
I said no hitting the nicy fishy lady.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Obisyth Continues to attemp to pound on Flipp.

1d20 + 4 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 4 - 2 + 2 = 12 --> + 2 flanking I think
Damage: 1d3 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Stats:
AC 16/12/14 HP 13/21 F+1 R+8 W+3 Init +4 Per+4

Round 3

Sense Motive 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Perception 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11
Nachni floats toward the back of the group, weaving a complex dance that continues to fill you with a feeling of grace and agility. Free action to continue derring-do. Men, always having to prove themselves in a fight. Well, let's see how a couple of these fools do fighting from their ass. Nachni begins a sing-song lilt and wiggles her fingers toward Fipps and Tate. Casts grease on D2-E2-D3-E3. DC 14 Reflex save to avoid falling. Note: If Obisyth just darted into that area, she'll cast on B5-C5-B6-C6 instead.


Female Tiefling Witch 4, HP 26/26, AC 13/T13/FF10, F/R/W +2/+4/+3, Per -1

I'll take the shoot. Critical hopefully? Dagger 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 191d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 Good hit, still wishing it was a critical. Some people are just never satisfied. DM, unless Fish's dagger stops him, Fish will be at -2 from non-lethal damage. Narrate this as you will.

As the pirate's meaty fist comes her way again, Fish slashes with her dagger of ice Mierda! What's the hùn-zhàng's problem? Going to prepare a special song for him, and make him taste the sea.


Male Human (Taldan) Magus (Bladebound, Kensai) 4; AC 17, touch 17, flat-footed 10, CMD 20; HP 35/35; AP 4/4; Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +6; Initiative +4; Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 (+2 to both while wielding Morathil)

Joneth winces as Aretta's blow connects and starts feeling a little dazed, but keeps staying on the defensive while still focused on the half-orc. After his two previous strikes found their mark, he now adjusts his aim from the torso to his opponent's nose, looking to break it.

Round 3

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Fighting defensively (+2 dodge bonus to AC, -4 penalty on attacks)

Melee attack (unarmed) 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 2 - 4 = 3
Damage (bludgeoning, nonlethal) 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Taldor

M Tiefling (Pit) Barb 5 HP:67/67, - AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Perception: +8(+10)(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +3/W: +2 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 40ft, Init: +4

checking in

Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Cedrick rubs his rib for a moment as he looks around, clearly the choking man at his feet has more of his attention though...


Primordial Ooze

Fipps goes down at Fish's strike, though strangely there is a hint of a smile at the corner of his lips. AoO dropped him, so Fish is still up.

Deader's empty grin gives Syl momentary pause as Nachni's spell triggers an explosion of wet grease on one side of the hold...
Reflex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
...sending Tate swearing while collapsing to the deck.

Joneth's focus on defense costs his accuracy as his strike is easily batted away.

As Fipps went down, Obisyth can redirect action. Also, Fish is still up and able to act.
Grease is shown on the map.

Action Tracker (Round 4): Pirates, Obisyth, Nachni, Cedrick, Fish, Joneth, Deader

Damage Tracker:
Maheem - D,4 - Unconscious
Jape - C,5 - 10
Syl - C,6 - 0 (-5 Strength, shaken)
Aretta - C,4 - 0
Fipps - E,3 - Unconscious with a gut wound
Tate - D,2 - 0

Updated Map

Taldor

M Tiefling (Pit) Barb 5 HP:67/67, - AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Perception: +8(+10)(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +3/W: +2 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 40ft, Init: +4

Bed time post...will check in the morning as it looks like a fair few moves ahead of me yet :p


Female Tiefling - Oni Spawn Druid(aquatic)/4 - HP 35/35; AC17/19 w/shield, FF15, T12; F+6,R+3,W+8; Per+11; Init+3

Changed action:
Move to D4

Attack C4 - unless C4 has armor and C5 does not, shooting for whichever appears to have the worse defense.

Quickly to Fish as I pass her: You might want to make that little pokey thing go away. Fists seem to be the prime weapon here.

101 to 150 of 2,225 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Devil-spawn and Demon-taint: Ship-shape and Bristol Fashion All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.