Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Devil-spawn and Demon-taint: A Fiendish Take on Skull & Shackles (Inactive)

Game Master Mark Sweetman

Press-ganged to serve aboard the Wormwood, the crew with the outsider's touch must struggle to stay alive long enough to sate their desire for revenge...


51 to 100 of 2,225 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Primordial Ooze

The call for a few was mainly so Plugg can start throwing targeted abuse along the way :P

Taldor

M Tiefling (Pit) Barb 5 HP:67/67, - AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Perception: +8(+10)(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +3/W: +2 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 40ft, Init: +4

Ahh nice!


Female Tiefling - Oni Spawn Druid(aquatic)/4 - HP 35/35; AC17/19 w/shield, FF15, T12; F+6,R+3,W+8; Per+11; Init+3

Realizing that she is not going to be running across the sails, Obisyth takes a slow approach and carefully makes her way up and across the web of ropes. (All moves at 1/4 speed).

Climb: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Climb: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

I assume that the Climb was DC10 at 1/4 speed.

Despite one minor snafu when she got her feet caught in the ropes, Obisyth makes it up the the yard thingamabob and slowly across before turning to see where everyone else is.


Stats:
AC 16/12/14 HP 13/21 F+1 R+8 W+3 Init +4 Per+4

Help is on the way...
Nachni springs into the rigging with the speed of a striking cobra. Seeming to dare Plugg or death itself to strike her down, she slips up into the rigging like she is dancing on air. In moments, she has reached the yard where she pauses for the briefest of moments before skipping across the arm as if she were still on the main deck.

Activates derring-do so you all get +2 competence bonus to Dex-based skill checks and a +1 to Reflex saves in case you fall for Rounds 2-5.

Nachni flies to the end of the arm, skirt bouncing as she takes each leap before she gracefully bends to plant a kiss on the end of the yard. With a grin to show off her fangs, she whirls back toward the mast and repeats her dance back to the mainmast before flying back to the deck. She lands, completing a curtsy for Plugg and flashing a tight smile with just a hint of razor-sharp teeth. Rats for the rigging? I prefer snakes.

Mechanics:

Round 1
Move: Climb (Half-Speed) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Move: Climb (Quarter-Speed) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Round 2
Standard: Activate Bardic Performance: Derring-Do
Move: Acrobatics (Half-Speed) 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 2 = 16

Round 3
Move: Acrobatics (Half-Speed) 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 2 = 17
Move: Kiss the yard.

Round 4
Acrobatics (Half-Speed) 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 5 + 2 = 27
Acrobatics (Half-Speed) 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 5 + 2 = 18

Round 5
Climb (Half-Speed) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Climb (Quarter-Speed) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


Female Tiefling Witch 4, HP 26/26, AC 13/T13/FF10, F/R/W +2/+4/+3, Per -1

Climb/quarter speed.
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

Acrobatics: Quarter speed
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Oh wow. Clearly, some deity hates poor fish. On the plus side, I can't get hurt from falling, haven't gone anywhere yet. Also updated for the 3 NL damage. Also, Curse the players guide for recommending Sea Witch! Fish doesn't need to talk to animals, she needs that nifty flying hex.

I'm not very good at this, if only I could fly.


Stats:
AC 16/12/14 HP 13/21 F+1 R+8 W+3 Init +4 Per+4

Sadly at first level, I think you only float a little off the ground. Maybe you'll be able to help with some sharks eventually :) I think your spell list will help down the road.


Female Tiefling - Oni Spawn Druid(aquatic)/4 - HP 35/35; AC17/19 w/shield, FF15, T12; F+6,R+3,W+8; Per+11; Init+3

Na, at first level, the witch has feather fall, levitate at level 3 and fly at level 5. The buff class is the Air Elementalist Wizard. Does not get fly until 10th level, but at that point can use fly at will.


Female Tiefling Witch 4, HP 26/26, AC 13/T13/FF10, F/R/W +2/+4/+3, Per -1

At will you say? I'll have to check that out. As for the sharks, yes... Soon my army of Selachii will rule the seas! If I can convince them not to eat me.


Female Tiefling - Oni Spawn Druid(aquatic)/4 - HP 35/35; AC17/19 w/shield, FF15, T12; F+6,R+3,W+8; Per+11; Init+3

I don't have any special powers, but you might want to watch out for that dire great white shark that is about to bite the bow off your ship.


Primordial Ooze

Since we've a clear two in front I'll curtail the rest of it.

Cedrick suffers an initial set-back and his earnestness generate a hearty guffaw from Scourge and a barb from Plugg "Maybe ye'd be better at climbing if ye focused on the ropes rather than sucking up Bootlick" though the focus on him is soon lost for the sufferance of another. However the fall has left him off the pace and he is passed by Joneth.

John's labored attempts at climbing are less than successful, leaving him merely a few feet from the deck. Scourge mocks him "Bugger me Plugg, he looks and climbs like a Deader." though at least he has company at the deck in the form of Fish, who is also struggling. Plugg answers Scourge "He just doesn't want to leave his woman behind... must like em cold n scaly"

Nachni almost dances up the ropes and finds the traverse of the yard easy. Mister Plugg gives a grudging acceptance "Aye ye'll do, just keep yer lips to yerself."

Obisyth's solid competence leaves her outside of the comtempt of the floor, while Joneth outpaces her slightly to reach the yardarm second of the group.

As you all make your way back to the deck points at Nachni and Joneth "Right, you two are our new riggers - stand over there a second." before turning to the rest of you "Any of the rest of you bastards know how to cook?"

Taldor

M Tiefling (Pit) Barb 5 HP:67/67, - AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Perception: +8(+10)(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +3/W: +2 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 40ft, Init: +4

"Not a sausage Mr Plugg"


HP 31/31, AC 16, CMD 12, Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +6 Channel 6/6, Death Kiss 5/5 , Web 1/1, Coat 1/1

"Sure, but I don't know if you'd really want to eat it." the corpse man says with a toothy grin.


Primordial Ooze

Plugg gives John a nudge in the chest with his whip "Right Deader, you're the new cook's mate. Syl, show him down to Kroop's den." and a woman with an unhinged smile comes forward to lead John away. "Rest of you - back to work!" and the ship returns to a state of activity once more.

Deader's Walk:
Syl doesn't speak to you on the walk, but does giggle a few times - it's clear she has a few screws loose upstairs. You're led through the ship to the kitchen.

The cramped and chaotic kitchen holds two wooden worktables, several wooden cupboards, and two small stoves against the port wall, as well as virtually every cooking utensil imaginable and a frightening array of meat cleavers. A score of chickens and three goats wander freely throughout the chamber, the goats gnawing at a well chewed table leg.

The kitchen is a madness of dirt, food, and knives, and the stoves are lit, with large cauldrons bubbling away atop them. In one corner a fat man with a bloodstained apron is snoring heavily. Syl drops you off and leaves you alone with the chaos before you.

Fickle Wind of Fate:
2d6 ⇒ (2, 6) = 8
3d6 ⇒ (6, 2, 3) = 11
1d6 ⇒ 3

Plugg then moves over to Nachni and Joneth "Ok Riggers, you report to me. Work hard and don't piss me off. Show-off - you're with Conch today working the lines" and Nachni is pointed off in the direction of a foppish outlandishly dressed gnome who has a lecherous twinkle in his eye. "As for you, on the Mainsail with Maheem" pointing out the big Rahadoumi who was part of the mob that came downstairs to wake you. "They'll show ye the ropes, now get to it."

Scourge beckons to Cedrick, Fish and Obisyth "You three have the honor of being my new swabs. Bootlick can help Quinn with Repairs" gesturing to a red haired woman "Scaly can go hunting with Badger" shooing you off towards a half-elf woman with grey hair shaved into strips on her head "an Fipps can show you the right end of a holystone." pointing Obisyth towards the fat shaved head man who she can remember bumping into him in the Formidably Maid. "I'll be watching, and don't you feckin slack off or your back'll taste me lash."

Will have job explanation in OOC shortly

Taldor

M Tiefling (Pit) Barb 5 HP:67/67, - AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Perception: +8(+10)(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +3/W: +2 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 40ft, Init: +4

"Aye Mr Plugg"

At first, Cedrick simply gets to doing his job and watching to see who's who.

Profession: Sailor1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Action:Socialise. Geting to know crewmates.


HP 31/31, AC 16, CMD 12, Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +6 Channel 6/6, Death Kiss 5/5 , Web 1/1, Coat 1/1

The corpse-man doesn't bother waking the cook. He just looks around for things to experiment with, tasting pots, pulling things out of drawers and generally making things up as he goes.

craft: cook (untrained): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16


Female Tiefling - Oni Spawn Druid(aquatic)/4 - HP 35/35; AC17/19 w/shield, FF15, T12; F+6,R+3,W+8; Per+11; Init+3

Obisyth simply shrugs to herself and begins her work.

Strength: 1d20 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 3 + 4 = 21

Daily action: Work hard.

Sorry not more creative, on airplane about to takeoff using phone.


Female Tiefling Witch 4, HP 26/26, AC 13/T13/FF10, F/R/W +2/+4/+3, Per -1

Sorry, but what is Fickle Wind of Fate? Truly the dice are fickle masters. I sought safely in diligence, and needed it not. Alas.

Ambling over to the woman, I'm Fish, because I look and swim like one. Why are you badger and what are we hunting?

Daytime action: Work Diligently. Surival check1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

John, the skill is profession, not craft.


Stats:
AC 16/12/14 HP 13/21 F+1 R+8 W+3 Init +4 Per+4

Nachni purses her lips with a pout in response to Plugg's admonishment, before responding in a lilting whisper, "Aye Sir. You have no idea what you're missing, but...as you command." She twists away leaving a silky swish of her skirt to stand where Plugg has indicated while he selects the Deader for the galley.

When Plugg returns, she looks him slowly up and down while receiving the orders. Too bad. I'm beginning to wonder if this one prefers men. With the order to work the lines, she acknowledges Plugg with a nod and joins Conch catching the twinkle in his eye. This one on the other hand... "My my, aren't you the stylish rake sweetie. Shall we?" Without waiting for a response, Nachni shimmies back up the ropes to work the lines, swaying her hips to set her skirt in motion, leaving the gnome with only a tantalizing glimpse beneath.

The day passes quickly with the intense work assigned by Plugg. Any spare moment, Nachni playfully works to tease information about the ship and crew out of Conch, but really concentrating on using it to learn as much about Conch himself and Plugg as she can. As the sun dips to the horizon, she finds herself weary, but proud to have done something that a year ago she couldn't have imagined accomplishing.

Mechanics:

Take 10 to climb ropes.
Dexterity check for task. 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Con check for task. 1d20 ⇒ 10
Ship Action: Socialize (to learn about 1. Conch, 2. Plugg). Do we roll for Socialize or does it just take place? Happy to roleplay it out too if you want to extend the day.


Male Human (Taldan) Magus (Bladebound, Kensai) 4; AC 17, touch 17, flat-footed 10, CMD 20; HP 35/35; AP 4/4; Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +6; Initiative +4; Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 (+2 to both while wielding Morathil)

Joneth looks on as the strange woman seemingly baits Plugg with her talk and mannerisms, but says nothing, simply waiting until the man with the whip directs him to the big Rahadoumi.

The rogue nods in greeting at the one called Maheem, at the same time looking at the big man as if sizing him up, albeit in a casual rather than challenging manner. "My name is Joneth," he says simply, introducing himself before continuing. "You are to show me what to do?"

Once instructed, the man begins work on the mainsail. He does as he is told to the best of his ability, taking care, however, to avoid unnecessary effort, pacing himself and managing to perform adequately without exerting himself too much. He even succeeds in sneaking off during a break in his shift, moving about the ship for a few minutes and attempting to do a little exploration before returning to his task.

Strength 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Constitution 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

Daytime Ship Action: Sneak.

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


Primordial Ooze

Bear with me - as weekends are tough now with two little 'uns. There will be a full update this evening my time.


Stats:
AC 16/12/14 HP 13/21 F+1 R+8 W+3 Init +4 Per+4

No problem Voice. I'm out camping with my boys and their scout troop so my game and updates may be a little slow this weekend too. Have fun with your little one.


Female Tiefling Witch 4, HP 26/26, AC 13/T13/FF10, F/R/W +2/+4/+3, Per -1

Yup. Both of you have fun, and we'll see ya when we see ya.


Primordial Ooze

Badger gives Fish a toothy smile and replies "Rats, we's huntin rats" before leading Fish through the ship top to bottom in search of the scurrying vermin. At the end of the day you both have a healthy bucketful to report back to Scourge before sending them overboard and into the drink.

Fipps mostly watches as Obisyth applies herself to scouring the decks... though to his dismay he doesn't find anything that can be turned into a reason for punishment.

Maheem sneers at Joneth and leads him in working the mainsail throughout the day. It is hard work, and Joneth finds it difficult to slip away long enough to get a decent look elsewhere on the ship. Tell me where you were interested in based on the new map in Campaign Info and you'll get a bit of info at least

Cedrick:
You find Sandara Quinn a friendly and engaging workmate. While you are out of earshot of the others, she confides that she herself was press-ganged and she's looking for making friends. She is a devotee of the Pirate Queen herself - Besmara, and was able to trick the Quartermaster - a superstitious female half-orc named Grok - into giving up some of her old gear by naming it cursed. By way of peace offering, she reckons she could probably weasel a couple more items out of Grok if there was anything you were desparate for.

She also fills you in on the names of Scourge's cronies - Maheem, Slippery Syl Lonegan, Tam “Narwhal” Tate, Aretta Bansion, Fipps Chumlett, Jaundiced Jape. See campaign info for a few more details on them.

John:
Not five minutes after you start randomly attempting to poison the stew you hear a bellow behind you "Oi - what the feck do you think yer up to!" Turning you see a fearsome looking female half-orc with a massive scar across her neck as though someone tried to slit her throat, but it didn't take. She has a no-nonsense disposition and a brutal looking axe at her side.The man with the stained apron wakes with a start and through bleary blinking eyes takes in the scene before him, but does not yet say a word.

How do you react?

Nachni:
Your flirting certainly hits a chord with Conch and he returns with gusto - though you get a sense that it's mainly for show with yourself. His eyes wander to a muscular halfling lass who works as a swab - whose name you gather is Rosie. Conch is hopelessly sweet on the girl. He was also press-ganged to service, though seems to have accepted his lot. Apart from that you find he fond of gambling and offers you a game after today's shift is up.

He gives you fair warning on Plugg - as the man is a vicious and unforgiving sort. First Mate aboard, but ambitious - despite being short staffed Conch is sure that he'd not need too many reasons to take bloody vengeance on those who cross him. Best to stay on his good side Conch tells.

Just need a spoilered reaction from John Rhasp before collating and moving on to the aptly named Bloody Hour


HP 31/31, AC 16, CMD 12, Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +6 Channel 6/6, Death Kiss 5/5 , Web 1/1, Coat 1/1

Spoiler:
"Cooking." The corpse says jovially, tasting his work with a spoon. "What the feck do you think you're up to?"

As he speaks, his Kyton heritage comes forth a bit, his face contorting into as impressive an imitation as a human impersonating a half-orc can be, and his voice taking on her inflections perfectly.


Primordial Ooze

John Rhasp:
The next thing that John sees is the half-orc's well muscled fist breaking across the bridge of his nose, "Teach you some bloody respect" followed by a solid gut kicking as he lies on the ground. The last thing he remembers before the black is getting an education in the various curse words that exist in Taldan and Orcish.

She'll well above your pay grade, so I'm not going to play out the fight.
10 non-lethal: of which 8 will heal before Bloody Hour - so 2 remaining.

John comes to in the cold dark with shackles around his hands and brackish foul smelling seawater coming up to just past his knees. It is pitch black, though his eyes see that he is not alone - a sorry looking excuse for a human is shackled opposite him. The man is hang-dog and turned inward in reflection.

You are in the bilges at the bottom of the ship.


Male Human (Taldan) Magus (Bladebound, Kensai) 4; AC 17, touch 17, flat-footed 10, CMD 20; HP 35/35; AP 4/4; Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +6; Initiative +4; Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 (+2 to both while wielding Morathil)

I suppose the officer's quarters is as good a place as any. :-)


Primordial Ooze

Joneth:
The officer's quarters sees a bit of traffic between the main hold and the deck during the day, but none of the crew linger. There are five mats and hammocks and five footlockers in the room. There isn't any decoration around, so you'd wager anything of value is in the footlockers. You get close enough to see that they are locked, but steps on the stairs prevent you from getting a decent look for traps or what quality the locks are.


HP 31/31, AC 16, CMD 12, Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +6 Channel 6/6, Death Kiss 5/5 , Web 1/1, Coat 1/1

The corpse man doesn't mind the pain. He doesn't even really feel it, not anymore. He chuckles to himself, floats on his back, and whistles.


Primordial Ooze

John Rhasp:
John finds it impossible to lie flat on his back due to the restriction offered by the chains and manacles around his wrists - forcing him to accommodate at most a relaxed slouch against the hull.

The sound of him whistling unnerves the other man interred with you and he moans quietly and covers his face as best he can manage.

Bloody hour will be incoming in the AM my time.


Stats:
AC 16/12/14 HP 13/21 F+1 R+8 W+3 Init +4 Per+4

Nachni gladly accepts Conch's offer to gamble after hours and thanks him for the words of warning about the First Mate. Will have to learn more about our little Rosie. Perhaps a little matchmaking would bring both of those two around.


Primordial Ooze

As the sun nears touching the horizon, a horn is blown up on the maindeck by Plugg to signal the end of the work day. The Wormwood is given a quick securing against the weather and sails are furled. The crew then makes it's way to the aft of the maindeck, and you can hear mutterings about "...Bloody Hour... Magpie...unlucky bastard..." and Scourge and Fipps disappear from the deck for the hold below.

John Rhasp:
Master Scourge and the fat man known as Fipps appear at the trapdoor within the webs that shroud the ceiling. "Wakey wakey mateys, time fer some fun Deader" and Fipps comes down to release both yourself and the other man from their bonds. You are then led through the vessel and back to the maindeck.
You notice that Hungry is still chained to the foremast in the middle hold.

After a brief wait, Fipps and Scourge reappear with the dead looking man who was press-ganged with you and a bedraggled looking human male who has a profoundly depressed expression on his face. As though a man who stared into the abyss entire and realised the futility there was in struggling against his fate. Plugg smiles sadistically as the two are brought topside, barking "Deader on the mast and prepare Magpie for his trip Master Scourge." which is answered by a "Aye, aye Mr Plugg"

The man dubbed by Plugg as Deader has his hands tied off against each other as he hugs the mainmast - leaving his back fully exposed and presented. The other man has his hands and legs secured to either end of a rope that looks to pass below the vessel and was tied off at either side to the outside rail. The port side is tied to his hands, while the starboard is passed over a spar on the mainmast before it's put on his feet. Those of you who are sailors can ken that the poor bastard is in for a keelhauling a sadistic and brutal trip through the waves and below the ship.

As he is tied off Plugg gives him a rudimentary interrogation "Jakes Magpie, you were caught thievin were you not?" "Aye Mr Plugg" "And you knew before you dipped yer hands in the quartermaster's intimates what the punishment fer thievin was weren't you?" "Aye Mr Plugg" At the mention of the Quartermaster's privates there is a chuckle among the crew and you see a muscular half-orc with a scar across her throat growl quietly and her face is stony.

Sense Motive DC 10:
There is no love lost between the Quartermaster and Mr Plugg.

Turning back to the crew Mr Plugg continues speaking directly "Tried and found guilty. Let this be a warnin to you others... break the rules on the Wormwood and you'll be judged and punished. Master Scourge!" turning back as Scourge gives Magpie a solid kick to the chest sending him stumbling backwards and over the railing. You hear a frightened cry before a splash and Scourge and Plugg take position on the rope. The slack is taken from the rope before the two sadistic enforcers begin to languidly pull on the cordage and give Magpie his trip around the ship's keel.

As he pulls the rope slowly and with relish, Plugg turns to John Rhasp where he is tied off to the mast "Now Deader, Grok informs me that you're not quite up to speed on how things work here... so here's a pointer - Officers are better than you and are to be treated with respect... iffin ye can ken that and give ol' Cutthroat an apology I'll go easy on ye. If not then the box... your choice" continuing the slow pull of Magpie across the hull... the rope catching for a few moments and needing a solid jerk to get it moving once more. "So Deader... what's yer call?"

Aaand that was post number 10,000 for me :)


HP 31/31, AC 16, CMD 12, Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +6 Channel 6/6, Death Kiss 5/5 , Web 1/1, Coat 1/1

The dead man's back is a strange road map of scars, branded runes, and tattoos reading numbers, letters and map symbols in a dozen languages, dotted lines running between them.

His mouth opens, about to speak, then shuts as though he hears something. He giggles to empty air. "Really? Well ok."

His head twists about, just a little farther than it aught, popping a half dozen times. He grins at Plugg. "Didn't know she was an officer. Never got an introduction."

Twisting a little farther, strained beyond any degree of mortal comfort he eyes Cutthroat. "Sorry you didn't like my cooking, ma'am. I'll do better next time."

Swiveling his broken-looking neck to rest toward Scourge he says "You going to whip me now?"

Taldor

M Tiefling (Pit) Barb 5 HP:67/67, - AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Perception: +8(+10)(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +3/W: +2 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 40ft, Init: +4

Sense Motive1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Cedrick is too busy watching the interplay between the strange man who as clearly press-gangeded Ships Cook and the nefarious crew. Seeing the poor wretch (john) might be up for a beating over a minor matter, Cedrick cautiously steps forward.

"Begging your pardon Sirs and Ma'am, any chance you could be saved the chore of having to hand out a lash today and instead we might take this landlubber aside to gently educate him on the runnings of a ship? He surely didn't mean any disrespect by it, he just didn't know any better yet. if we lose too many new swabbies too early then that'd be time spent getting more instead of being able to keep sailing"

Diplomacy 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27


Primordial Ooze

Ooh - nice time for a 20!

Plugg turns to look at Cedrick with clear hatred in his eyes, but he also sees the crew behind you and catches that the swell of opinion at least among the underlings might also rest with you. Mulling over his words as he continues to work the rope that is keelhauling Magpie, you see that the half-orc lady with the cut-throat is softening as well. Plugg responds talking to all, but also directly at Cedrick "Alright Bootlick, you've swayed me. But you all listen up and listen good, especially you new maggots. This is Deader's only warning, and serves as same fer the rest of ye. DO NOT BREAK MY RULES!" fortuitously for Plugg what was left of Magpie emerges from the brine and over the rail at this point.

It is less a man then a mass of torn and bloodied flesh. He had the ill luck to be face first against the hull as he was dragged across the barnacles and rough edges below. Something caught against his stomach and the entire bowel is missing - leaving a hollow rent in his torso. Plugg and Scourge pull him up so that he stands vigil over the deck still suspended on the rope like a bloody scarecrow. "Or you'll end up like dear ol' Magpie here." Tieing the rope off so that the body stays visible for the evening.

"Since ye like him so much, I'm making you Deader's new best friend. He steps out of line again, ye both get punished... savvy? Now feck off." and he moves away. With a curt nod to Scourge, John is released from the mast and freed to move away... but you get the sense that Scourge does not like it one bit.

At that point a portly man with a bloodstained apron comes up on deck with a big pot of stew and the pirates fall upon the food. He sways a bit as though drunk before Cut-throat moves to steady him and go back below.

You've a window now to actually talk among each other now - so I suggest you take it to introduce, say hello, etc. - or ignore each other and go about ye own business.
Rum ration will be up shortly.


Primordial Ooze

Cut-throat and the cook come back up on deck with a small bucket filled with liquor and a stack of small metal cups. The pirates begin to file past and collect a snifter of rum from the bucket - the cut-throat half-orc warns the new pressganged members "Rum ration, drink up. Its unwise to not drink up" gesturing towards Plugg and Scourge with her chin.

Deader gets a sneer, but it's clear she worked out most of her aggression through combination of fist and foot.

The pirates on deck then start to split into groups to either drink, gamble or tell tall tales. Conch catches Nachni's eye and beckons her over to join the game whenever she's ready.

You can either drink, drink deep, or look to tip it out when no-one is looking (needs a Stealth check).
You'll find out what it does after drinking *whistles innocently*
Will give you a chance to talk among yourselves before explaining what you can get up to on the Wormwood at night.


Stats:
AC 16/12/14 HP 13/21 F+1 R+8 W+3 Init +4 Per+4

Wow, 10,000! Nice.
As the two men are dragged up to the deck, Nachni wonders, Damn, what did he do to earn lashes already. Heh, well, he did seem to have a bit of a smart mouth like someone else I know who is keeping hers shut at the moment.

Nachni watches the dynamics closely for clues of the interrelationships on the ship and is rewarded when she catches a glimpse of the half-orc after Plugg's crude joke. Interesting. She must be the quartermaster. Which might be an interesting person to know. I wonder what besides bad jokes Plugg has done to get on her bad side.
Sense Motive 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

She continues to watch the dynamic between 'Deader' and 'Bootlick' thinking, Those two better watch themselves. I'm not sure this crew is going to be one to always react favorably to insolence or kissing ass. A tightrope act for sure.

Nachni takes her food without great ado and sits down cross-legged on the deck by Joneth to eat the stew. "Looks like you're one of my fellow victims and a fellow rigger. I'm Nachni."

Will post on the rum and gambling a little later.


Male Human (Taldan) Magus (Bladebound, Kensai) 4; AC 17, touch 17, flat-footed 10, CMD 20; HP 35/35; AP 4/4; Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +6; Initiative +4; Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 (+2 to both while wielding Morathil)

Joneth turns from his plate to the one who just introduced herself as Nachni. There is a very brief moment of silence as he looks at her before answering in his soft voice. "My name is Joneth and I suppose 'victim' is accurate enough," he says matter-of-factly, without any anger evident in his tone.

Turning back to his stew, he starts eating, shrugging as he tastes the food. He then picks up his cup of rum, at first looking at it intently as if trying to examine the liquid inside and then bringing it close to his mouth, sniffing it instead of drinking it. "Will you be drinking this?"

Not waiting for an answer, he tips the cup, emptying it rather than drinking it.

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Stealth 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20


Female Tiefling - Oni Spawn Druid(aquatic)/4 - HP 35/35; AC17/19 w/shield, FF15, T12; F+6,R+3,W+8; Per+11; Init+3

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Obisyth quietly goes about her duties during the day, on a rare occasion she asks a question when she does not know how to do something, but generally saying nothing.

So, I am a slave again. I have learned this role well. Respond when questioned and say nothing the rest of the time. Perform your duties and avoid the whip.

After watching the strange corpse of a man who is called "Deader" and the tiefling who seems to like opening his mouth, on "Bootlick", Obisyth decides that remaining silent is definitely the preferred tactic.

Also, during the on deck exchange, she finds it very interesting that some of the officers have no love lost for one another.

As dinner is brought out, she is unsure of whether it is safe to eat, but as the others get some, she takes a bowl as well and carefully tastes it. Deciding the without this, she will not have the energy to spend another day swabbing the decks, the digs in and eats the gruel. As the rum is passed out, she looks at it and decides the a whipping is likely if the rum is not consumed and downs her glass (drink deeply) before turning to her new mates. Deciding to avoid Bootlick and Deader, she turns to the woman not being invited to gamble with the crew:

To Fish: Well, that was an interesting first day. I am Obisyth.

I also keep a careful eye out for anything that looks interesting or unusual among the crew and the ship.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Internet connection is still iffy. Will try to post once a day for then next week, but may miss a few.

Taldor

M Tiefling (Pit) Barb 5 HP:67/67, - AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Perception: +8(+10)(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +3/W: +2 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 40ft, Init: +4

Profession:Sailor1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Cedrick looks at the quality of the grog, trying to determine its relative strength and whether it may have been watered down by a thieving quartermaster, or what the relative quality of the stuff is.
Knowing that the 'Rum Ration' is a staple of the Taldane Navy enlisted men, Cedrick tosses it straight down the hatch and returns his cup.

"Nice to meet the rest of you recent recruits, seems we are all in a bit of bother, and nothing to be gained by getting ourselves killed or stepping out of line too far eh? I can't imagine the enforcement of discipline is a well tempered affair so testing it is in no ones interests. Fortunately these crews are always in favour of taking the easy road, so the easier and smoother you can make things for them the more inclined they are to keep you around...even if they think your wagging tongue is annoying."

"I'm glad to have saved you a flogging Deader, I hope we can all see the sense in looking out for each other, even if for your own self interest - a fighting crew needs to stick together and look after its members, its the only way they survive... even sharks see the sense in swimming in a pack"

"Anyhow, Cedrick is the name, most recently a crewmate aboard the 'Sally' until I ended up in your fine company... I've been aboard fighting ships for a while now, so if you need to know any of the ins and outs then I'd be happy to set you a little bit straight. We have some hard days ahead, but if we stick to our tasks with diligence and make it work for us a bit we can be laughing and smiling til our day comes to walk off this boat. No need to do hard time eh?"

Taldor

M Tiefling (Pit) Barb 5 HP:67/67, - AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Perception: +8(+10)(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +3/W: +2 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 40ft, Init: +4

GM:

Retcon, forgot to post reply.

Cedrick toils away with Sandara as they chat about life aboard the ship, he seems genuinely happy to have found someone with a bit of vim and warmth about them... "And its my pleasure to meet you Sandara, always nice to have a friendly face amongst such an inhospitable crowd. I may have need of the odd item here and there that you might be able to manage, but right now I am sure the Captain and his crew will see to my basic day to day needs. Once I get the measure of the place I might well take you up on that offer though, however for the now perhaps your fine company is a gift enough eh? Perhaps Besmare is smiling on me after all..." with that he gives the woman his best Cavalier grin, with a slight hint of mischief and the right level of 'woof'

"If there's anything I can do for you, you need but ask"

Diplomacy 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23


Female Tiefling Witch 4, HP 26/26, AC 13/T13/FF10, F/R/W +2/+4/+3, Per -1

No!! The post monster ate me

After a day catching vermin, So this is a ship, bit like Lamm's place. Sea is better. Wait til land then see about leaving. Blue seemed to like the crannies and cockroaches though. Wonder if I can get assigned fishing?

At the keelhauling, That's not very nice. They put him in the water, but didn't let him enjoy it.

As the rum is served, Fish takes a seat, sipping on the liquor. Drink normally To the thin woman I'm Fish. You want the rest of mine? gesturing with her cup? Never liked grog.


HP 31/31, AC 16, CMD 12, Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +6 Channel 6/6, Death Kiss 5/5 , Web 1/1, Coat 1/1

So I didnt read anywhere that I got untied from hugging the mast. If I missed that, oh well. I'm going to have fun with it

The one they called Deader grinned. "Pleasedt'meecha." he said watching the rum ration get doled out. He struggled a bit against his ropes, clearly frustrated.

"Mr. Plugg has a mean sense of humor leaving a poor fellow tied up when there's rum to be had. I think I'd rather be whipped."

Taldor

M Tiefling (Pit) Barb 5 HP:67/67, - AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Perception: +8(+10)(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +3/W: +2 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 40ft, Init: +4

Yeah you were, happened once they listened to the appeal to reason and spared the beating :)


Stats:
AC 16/12/14 HP 13/21 F+1 R+8 W+3 Init +4 Per+4

Nachni finishes her stew while talking with Joneth. "Worked with the gnome over there today. His name's Conch. Bit of a lech, but for the short folk, he's a big improvement over that ugly dwarf that helped catch me. Says there's gambling to be done tonight. Hopefully a less dangerous sort than Magpie seemed to get involved with."

She accepts the rum ration from the half-orc with a nod and sniffs the drink, giggling as 'Deader' spins his head around to ask for his. When Joneth asks if she's going to drink it, she runs her hands over her body from her breasts to her hips and whispers, "And let it wreck my girlish figure. I don't think so. Besides, I'd really like to keep my wits about me at the moment." She pretends to sip the rum for a while, but when Cedrick starts talking, she takes advantage of his speech to dump the rest over the ship's rail. The boy certainly seems full of himself. But, I do agree with where he's going.
Stealth 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

She raises her empty cup and pretends to swallow the rest. "Here, here. Captain Andoran, isn't it?" she smiles bewitchingly. "Isn't that the point of all of our officer's attention. To make a fine fighting crew of us that works so well together." She eases up to him and whispers into his ear, "It worked out so well for dear ol' Magpie after all. Don't worry fair captain. I may like misbehaving oh sooo much...but, I'll behave for now." Trailing her nails down Cedrick's chest, she turns to Conch. "Ah and before I get too caught up in all of this. I think I promised dear Conch that I might see if Desna smiles on me tonight."

Taldor

M Tiefling (Pit) Barb 5 HP:67/67, - AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Perception: +8(+10)(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +3/W: +2 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 40ft, Init: +4

"The Andorans aren't wrong about everything, some of their ideas make sense." Cedrick remarks. As the lithe woman finishes running her hands down his chest he seems a bit surprised "Very forward lady..." he almost absently comments, though clearly his eyes are measuring her up.

"Magpie looked after Magpie it seems, and now provides us a clear example of the result."


Primordial Ooze

Aye - Deader were freed from the mast. Sorry about the lateness - had an epic 7 hour meeting at work.

Cedrick:
Quinn nods and smiles, spending the rest of the shift in friendly conversation.
Sandara Quinn is friendly to both yourself and your fellow pressgangees

Nachni and Joneth:
You manage to dispose of your rum without anyone noticing.

Cedrick, Obisyth, Fish and John:
The rum is staggeringly strong, burning your throat and sitting heavy within your stomach. Though your body feels dulled, a relaxation of your inhibitions also comes over you.
You are fatigued, and get a 1d4 ⇒ 4 alchemical bonus on Charisma for the night.

Nachni:
I'm assuming you gamble with Conch as your action? - would you seek to ante up, or plead poor to start?

After the rum ration is drunk, the cups are returned and the cook takes them back below to the kitchen. Cut-throat stays on deck to get drunk and carouse with the others.

Ok, for the night - you get to take one action from those listed below. If you are not currently fatigued - you also get a chance to take one or two additional actions (only those with an asterix) - but then you risk waking up fatigued in the morning.

Nighttime Ship Actions:
Sleep: Go to bed early and sleep through the night (automatically recover from fatigue)
Gamble: Play or gamble on a game of chance or pirate entertainment.
Entertain: Make one Perform check to entertain the crew
Socialize: Learn about your fellow pirates
Influence*: Attempt to influence a single NPC
Sneak*: Take time exploring one area of the ship. You can take 20 on a single Perception check or other skill check, but must make a check to avoid being discovered.
Steal*: Attempt to open a locked door or locker. You must make a check to avoid being discovered.


Female Tiefling Witch 4, HP 26/26, AC 13/T13/FF10, F/R/W +2/+4/+3, Per -1

As the mellowing effect of the rum takes hold, Fish begins to loosen up Want to sing, maybe then someone else will too.

Nighttime action, entertain. I'm going to use that +2! 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26


HP 31/31, AC 16, CMD 12, Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +6 Channel 6/6, Death Kiss 5/5 , Web 1/1, Coat 1/1

"Oh, that's gooood." Deader says as the rum goes down.

"Did I hear someone say something about a game?"

Gambling! I'm sitting at a +10 bluff right now. Liar's Dice anyone?"


Female Tiefling Witch 4, HP 26/26, AC 13/T13/FF10, F/R/W +2/+4/+3, Per -1

Meant to add this earlier, opps.

Wonder if the others really are like me? Let's see if they can understand.

Fish sings the first song, alternating between Infernal and Abyssal. If other members of the crew seem interested in her singing, she'll switch to Common songs that she has heard sailors sing before.

Infernal:

You're trapped in your world
*
In quiet devotion
*
You no longer want
*
A thousand fears in your mind
*

No one will ever understand
*

When the loneliness breaks your heart
And the pain awakens in you
If your dark dreams
Seduce you every night
Then come to me, come to me
Spread your wings and fly
With me through the night
Beyond the horizon

Close your eyes
Feel life one last time
Feel the cold on your skin
Nothing remains as it was
A new hope is
Born of your courage
The guilt of the past
Stays lost in your memory

Abyssal:

*
Without light and time
*
You endure the loneliness
*
But you can no longer see the way back
*
And your heart is infinitely heavy

*
You can not go this road alone

When the loneliness breaks your heart
And the pain awakens in you
If your dark dreams
Seduce you every night
Then come to me, come to me
Spread your wings and fly
With me through the night
Beyond the horizon

Close your eyes
Feel life one last time
Feel the cold on your skin
Nothing remains as it was
A new hope is
Born of your courage
The guilt of the past
Stays lost in your memory

Hope you guys don't mind if I put an actual song here. I found this one and thought it fits. The English doesn't sound as good as the German, but it gets the meaning. *indicates a line in another language.

Taldor

M Tiefling (Pit) Barb 5 HP:67/67, - AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Perception: +8(+10)(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +3/W: +2 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 40ft, Init: +4

Warmed by the fine ration, Cedrick decides to join the crew for a bit of entertainment, no cards or dice, that sort of caper was strictly forbidden on his last ship.

"Here I know a story, gather round and let me see if I remember it well enough for the telling, it is a tale of wenches, mead, dash, daring, and a Captain who had Desna for his chambermaid"

With that, Cedrick tells one of the long 'barracks tales' popular with the lads at the Naval Academy.

Perform Oratory - 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27 +Talespinner Trait (I assume this is where I use my 1xweek?)

51 to 100 of 2,225 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Devil-spawn and Demon-taint: Ship-shape and Bristol Fashion All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.