Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Devil-spawn and Demon-taint: A Fiendish Take on Skull & Shackles (Inactive)

Game Master Mark Sweetman

Press-ganged to serve aboard the Wormwood, the crew with the outsider's touch must struggle to stay alive long enough to sate their desire for revenge...


901 to 950 of 2,225 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>

Primordial Ooze

Cedrick's approach is met with apprehension and his command with an intensification of the growl for a few moments. But as Cedrick asserts his dominance through his gaze and demeanor the hound slowly backs down to put his head on the decking. It's pose is one of a deferential spring, content to be coiled... but ready to leap into action if needed.

Those following behind get a distinct feeling that while the dog has allowed Cedrick to close... the reception that you would get might be less friendly.

Fish gets a distinct scent of the hellhound from the creature, but nothing near full blood. Instead it appears to be a canine infernal bastard - much like the rest of you.

Fish - this is Cedrick's 'hound' for his houndmaster animal companion feature. The hellish tinge is basically window dressing to maintain the theme we've got going on.


Stats:
AC 16/12/14 HP 13/21 F+1 R+8 W+3 Init +4 Per+4

"Looks like you've made a new friend Cedrick. I wonder what Scourge and Plugg will make of him? I bet their toadies will be terrified."


HP 31/31, AC 16, CMD 12, Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +6 Channel 6/6, Death Kiss 5/5 , Web 1/1, Coat 1/1

aren't there two? What about the injured one?


Female Tiefling Witch 4, HP 26/26, AC 13/T13/FF10, F/R/W +2/+4/+3, Per -1

Opps. My bad.

Taldor

M Tiefling (Pit) Barb 5 HP:67/67, - AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Perception: +8(+10)(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +3/W: +2 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 40ft, Init: +4

"I too am unsure what they will make of him, but he looks to be of a serious breed and bearing. My father used large Mastiffs for protecting his warehouses, but I suspect they were nothing like this fine creature..." Cedrick continues to move calmly across towards the injured creature, making no swift moves nor any threatening glances.

Heal 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

"Not so healthy, looks as though it might take some time to recover... what curatives do we have?"


Female Tiefling - Oni Spawn Druid(aquatic)/4 - HP 35/35; AC17/19 w/shield, FF15, T12; F+6,R+3,W+8; Per+11; Init+3

Obi watches as Cedrick approaches the clearly not entirely from this plane beast.

At his question: I have used my magic for the day, but should be able to heal it on the morrow if one of us does not need the healing more by then. We are all pretty beat up, but at least not as beaten up as the shark bait. Obi grins at this last comment, perhaps some of her nice Water Yai heritage showing through.


Stats:
AC 16/12/14 HP 13/21 F+1 R+8 W+3 Init +4 Per+4

Nachni looks on. Knowing little of dogs, she has nothing to offer.
Heal (Untrained) 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0

Since Nachni can't post it IC, I would suggest that Cedrick reread that Heal spoiler.


HP 31/31, AC 16, CMD 12, Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +6 Channel 6/6, Death Kiss 5/5 , Web 1/1, Coat 1/1

"I might be able to help, but, ah, you might want to leave while I do it." Deader says. "Last time I did it, it worked on me, but bleached the wood and peeled the paint from the rails."


Stats:
AC 16/12/14 HP 13/21 F+1 R+8 W+3 Init +4 Per+4

Nachni looks Deader up and down. "Somehow, I believe every word of it." She slips back away from the door and begins looking for something to get busy helping with before the officers take notice.


Primordial Ooze

Closer to the whimpering beast now, Cedrick is able to tell that this is the b1tch to the now warily cowed male. The grain sack that fell on the female has made a bloody ruin of it's rear legs and back hips. Even with a layman's eye you can see that even with careful long term care... the dog is unlikely to regain the use of it's rear legs. The male looks to Cedrick with a soulful tint to it's eyes as though it understands the extent of it's mate's wounds.

Note: one of the limitations of the HP system is that it's difficult to characterise significant injuries, such as broken limbs and the like. So this is a confirmation that I'm stepping away from RAW with respect to the injured dog.
With long term care and effort you could save the animal, but the magic you'd need to return the use of it's legs is a long long way away power wise. In essence I have seeded this as a moral choice for Cedrick... is it better to give the dog the 'mercy' of a quick death, or the 'compassion' of a long road to partial recovery.


HP 31/31, AC 16, CMD 12, Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +6 Channel 6/6, Death Kiss 5/5 , Web 1/1, Coat 1/1

If you kill her, I'm totally keeping the corpse...

If you keep her alive, I can help her ignore the injuries for a few minutes a day.

Taldor

M Tiefling (Pit) Barb 5 HP:67/67, - AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Perception: +8(+10)(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +3/W: +2 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 40ft, Init: +4

Cedrick looks at the condition of the injured dog. "Reckon she's worth keeping alive, I suppose I'll see it as a bit of a project. Would be quick and easy with the knife, but some days you just gotta give them a chance to make it eh? 'The quality of mercy' and all that" Anyone know what happens when a dog has a dram of rum?"[/b] Cedrick offers in an almost jest. "Do what you can for the pain Obi or John... otherwise I suppose I have a potion"


Female Tiefling - Oni Spawn Druid(aquatic)/4 - HP 35/35; AC17/19 w/shield, FF15, T12; F+6,R+3,W+8; Per+11; Init+3

As I said, my limited magical healing was used on Deader. I can try to just help it with its wounds, I know a fair amount about caring for animals.

Heal: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

I also look for a bowl or bucket and cast Create Water so that both dogs have something to drink.

Taldor

M Tiefling (Pit) Barb 5 HP:67/67, - AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Perception: +8(+10)(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +3/W: +2 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 40ft, Init: +4

"Your abundant talents continue to amaze Obi"


Female Tiefling Witch 4, HP 26/26, AC 13/T13/FF10, F/R/W +2/+4/+3, Per -1

Sticking behind the others, Cedrick. I think few people have breeds like this. They're like us, not from one place or the other entirely. To the group as a whole, but keeping her voice low. This might mean something. Let's see if we can found out how they came to be here.

Taldor

M Tiefling (Pit) Barb 5 HP:67/67, - AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Perception: +8(+10)(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +3/W: +2 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 40ft, Init: +4

"A very good point Fish..."


HP 31/31, AC 16, CMD 12, Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +6 Channel 6/6, Death Kiss 5/5 , Web 1/1, Coat 1/1

Deader walks near the injured dog an looks back at everyone else, waiting for them to get clear.

Once they are out the door, Deader looks at the dog a moment and says "Some days being chained to the mast just isn't much fun, is it lass?"

Reaching out to pet the dog, something seems to transfer from Deader to the dog. Her skin ripples and her eyes seem to glaze over.

Deader smiles. On his palms, the ring of bone chains ratchets and tightens and a rolling energy ripple pours out from him, cracking and bleaching the wood and fraying the ropes. The faint scent of rot begins coming from the storage crates, and the crippled dog becomes noticeably less injured.

Death Kiss, she's healed by Negative Energy for one round. Then Channel. I'll alternate them for three rounds.

3d6 ⇒ (3, 2, 3) = 8

The dog heals 8 negative energy. Everything within 30 feet takes that much negative energy damage.


Primordial Ooze

Through Cedrick's calm assurance, the hound that still stands allows Obisyth to come near and tend to it as best she can. However it takes a good deal more convincing to allow Deader to be left alone with the injured dog. Only through stern alpha behavior is Cedrick able to convince his hound to leave its mate even for a few moments.

Deader does what he can for the injured one, and it's clear after his lingering pulses of negative energy the superficial wounds are closed. But unfortunately for the b1tch it's hip and legs remain fractured into un-use.

Deader - as with above comment, HP damage is gone - but I like to occasionally have lingering long term injuries. This is one of those.

The male hound rushes back to the female's side when permitted to and after sniffing and performing an inspection, it's unease noticeably falls away. It is not yet friendly to those that are not Cedrick - but similarly it does seem significantly less likely to bite you.

Up above you hear the dulcet tones of a couple of Scourge's cronies... reminding you of where you are and what awaits. Looking down at the animals a worrying thought crosses your mind about how the compassionate first mate will view a matching pair - one crippled and one unfriendly toward him...

At that time you hear a yelled summons from Riaris "Feck it lads, up top or I'll let Kroop cut ye up and feed ye to Hungry"

How do you initially care for the dogs? - over the next 10-15 minutes where you've been summoned to report above?


Female Tiefling - Oni Spawn Druid(aquatic)/4 - HP 35/35; AC17/19 w/shield, FF15, T12; F+6,R+3,W+8; Per+11; Init+3

Obi turns toward Cedrick: Today in expectation of this combat, I asked the powers of nature to bless me with abilities that would assist me in the expected combat. Tomorrow, I will see if I can be granted the ability to speak with these hounds. I cannot say that I am as comfortable around them as I am with creatures with a closer tie to the sea, but with your assistance, I am sure that we can communicate with them.

Obi pauses for a minute, then continues: I can carry the injured one up to the deck if you want to bring your new friend. If the captain asks why we keep the injured one. I will tell him that I will tend to it and get it food and water. Although considering how I come across to others, perhaps you or Nanchi should do the talking.


Female Tiefling Witch 4, HP 26/26, AC 13/T13/FF10, F/R/W +2/+4/+3, Per -1

Fish continues to listening intently to the dogs, seeing what she can learn, before heading upstairs.

Just curious, since I've got my Feral Speech tuned to mammal, can I understand anything that the hounds are communicating? Any indications of what they think of us, Cedrick and Deader in particular, or who their masters were/are?


HP 31/31, AC 16, CMD 12, Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +6 Channel 6/6, Death Kiss 5/5 , Web 1/1, Coat 1/1

Yeah, I know. Deader doesn't though, and he has a compassionate streak when it comes to imprisonment. Eventually I'll be able to grant the dog undead traits for a while, like immunity to crits, which might let it ignore being crippled sometimes.

Deader shrugs, scratches the dog and walks upstairs.

Taldor

M Tiefling (Pit) Barb 5 HP:67/67, - AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Perception: +8(+10)(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +3/W: +2 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 40ft, Init: +4

"Suppose we have to report up top, nothing else down here moving about that we've seen. Obi I will take you up on that fine offer; I'll lead the healthy one, you cart the ill one. Suppose this might be a bit of a tight conversation on the decks above if the usual suspects start acting up... although they might have learnt a bit of a lesson by now" Cedrick grins a rather evil looking grin.

I figure the crippled one will be like that for a while... whilst the games abstracted damage system don;t work so well for it, we can just wing it :0


Female Tiefling - Oni Spawn Druid(aquatic)/4 - HP 35/35; AC17/19 w/shield, FF15, T12; F+6,R+3,W+8; Per+11; Init+3

Obi carefully scoops up the wounded hound and follows Cedrick up to the deck.


Stats:
AC 16/12/14 HP 13/21 F+1 R+8 W+3 Init +4 Per+4

Nachni also joins the rest of the crew on deck, anticipating all sorts of questions from the officers.


Primordial Ooze

As far as the hounds... I'm happy for Cedrick to dictate how they feel / communicate if he desires, especially for the male. As of now it is his animal companion.
The female will follow suit with the male as far as opinions go.

Weekend doldrums re: updates, tomorrow it will hopefully be.


Female Tiefling Witch 4, HP 26/26, AC 13/T13/FF10, F/R/W +2/+4/+3, Per -1

Cedrick! What of your companion! I've got the ability to speak with animals and by the Boatman I will use it!

Taldor

M Tiefling (Pit) Barb 5 HP:67/67, - AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Perception: +8(+10)(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +3/W: +2 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 40ft, Init: +4

Cedrick marches on up to heed the call, the dog by his side.

"Coming right up" he responds to his crewmate, and with that, steps outside, hand resting on the axe at his belt.

He gestures subtly, and the dog sits at his feet. His eyes go to te injured female for a moment, but it is unclear what his thoughts are as he does so.

"Reporting as ordered, Sirs"


Primordial Ooze

As you come back above, you notice that the rest of the crew has lined up those Rahadoumi that survive backs to the railing and tied off in a sitting position. The hoods that Cedrick saw fitted have been removed - and judging by the bruises and broken lips it looks like some of the Wormwood's pirates have been engaging in a little recreational beating. In fact you find Fipps returning a somewhat blistered and scabrous tool to it's scabbard after having pissed on the head of one of the pirates.

Riaris shakes her head but doesn't move to restrain the abuse - and gives you an approving nod as you come above. An eyebrow is raised to the new members of your sub-crew, but as with Fipps - no challenge is forthcoming. A frown of non-recognition crosses her face at the sight of Fish... but given your free association with her, she shrugs an acceptance.

Despite having been below for only a short period, you find a raging party beginning that spills across the decks of both the Promise and the Wormwood. Those of the crew that are friendly to you raise half-full cups of booze that slosh o'ertop and cheer your appearance. Most of them appear more focused on their cups than the fact you've gained Fish and two dogs as part of your menagerie. Plugg and Scourge appear to be in discussion with Harrigan and other members of the officers on the Wormwood's fore-deck.

Barefoot and Conch managed to find a crate of hard cheese and another of wine in the hold of the Promise and Kroop has taken ownership to portion it out freely to all. The reverie continues for a minute as all appear from below on both ships before Harrigan's voice booms out.

"You've all fought... you've all won... but before ye get too fecking drunk - we've been doing some sums here... and you're all fecking rich men too!" and a ragged cheer sounds from the half-sozzled crew. "We'll see about the meat" waving a hand at the restrained Rahadoumi "come morning, but for now - consider this a free pass to get maggoted." answered by another rousing cheer from the crew.

With that Harrigan turns to walk, before pausing and turning to face Nachni and Cedrick. He puts an arm to the side, and Plugg begrudingly gives him a scabbarded blade and half-bandolier with full pouches upon it "Merit... merit has rewards." and he throws the scabbard and bandolier at Cedrick. He then goes to his cabin, leaving Plugg and Scourge with sour looks on their faces.

It's at about that time that Scourge spies Fish and extends an accusatory finger "You... you're meant to be dead!"

Treasure:
Each of you gets 250 gp in gems and coinage
The scabbard holds a very well constructed dwarf make shortsword. (magic = +1)
The bandolier holds 3 x potions of cure moderate wounds, 1 x potion of invisibility, and an amulet that bears a fragment of turtle shell embedded in the pig iron pendant (magic = +1 natural armor)
There's also a party fund of 500gp (300 for sailor kills, 200 for officer capture) that can either be apportioned by merit - or split up however you see fit.


Stats:
AC 16/12/14 HP 13/21 F+1 R+8 W+3 Init +4 Per+4

Nachni emerges and smiles broadly (without teeth) for the friendly crew members, raising her voice in the cheer for the celebration. When the captain passes, she returns her face to a neutral expression and then nods at the acknowledgement.

Should probably split those CMW to those of you who tend to get beat on the most. Cedrick, Obi, and Joneth? The potion of invisibility fits Nachni's style, but mechanically it is probably going to help us the most having it with Joneth. Sword should go to one of you front-liners too. Cedrick? I have no opinion on the amulet and tend toward an even split of gold.


Male Human (Taldan) Magus (Bladebound, Kensai) 4; AC 17, touch 17, flat-footed 10, CMD 20; HP 35/35; AP 4/4; Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +6; Initiative +4; Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 (+2 to both while wielding Morathil)

Joneth offers a thin smile to those of the crew cheering their arrival, but does not take part in the festivities. Although he does not act in an unfriendly manner, the rogue nevertheless avoids joining the other in their drinking, but still lets his guard down and allows himself to relax now that the fighting is over. Still, Scourge's recognition of 'Fish' sets him once again on edge, though he keeps calm and does nothing, at least for the moment. His attention, however, is now solely on this apparently new problem.

Joneth would not say no to a potion of cure moderate wounds. As far as the potion of invisibility is concerned, it is fine by me if Nachni keeps it. Between Joneth's slightly better Stealth score and his darkness spell-like ability, he should be fine more or less even without invisibility options for now. As for the short sword and the amulet of natural armor, no opinion really; Joneth is a dagger-wielding and armor-wearing warrior (and will probably investing in both armor and lockpicks soon enough). Speaking of armor, are there any suits of leather armor 'liberated', or is there studded leather only?


Primordial Ooze

You can have a straight leather if you'd like one Joneth.


Male Human (Taldan) Magus (Bladebound, Kensai) 4; AC 17, touch 17, flat-footed 10, CMD 20; HP 35/35; AP 4/4; Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +6; Initiative +4; Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 (+2 to both while wielding Morathil)

Indeed I would (I generally prefer no armor check penalties for my rogues, even if it means slightly lower AC). Thank you kindly, your Voiceness. :-)


Female Tiefling Witch 4, HP 26/26, AC 13/T13/FF10, F/R/W +2/+4/+3, Per -1

So you were trying to kill me. I'll have your screaming soul for it!

Fish glares back, Good of you to remember. The visit home was nice, but I'm not leaving, or dying, until I get what is owed to me.

Fish sets about getting some clothes. Annoying as they are, it better to have some on around drunk sailors. Then heads over to Nachni, Feel like celebrating? You can dance and I can sing. We just need someone to play. Know anyone?

If no one else is claiming it, I'd like the boarding pike the officer used. I'm proficient with it, and would let me fight from behind the front line. DM! Can we retcon Fish taking the pike. There was also that chain shirt and pair of mwk shortswords. Not much use to me, but for someone else.


HP 31/31, AC 16, CMD 12, Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +6 Channel 6/6, Death Kiss 5/5 , Web 1/1, Coat 1/1

Deader chuckles at the "supposed to be dead" comment. Something about it was obviously amusing to him.


Female Tiefling - Oni Spawn Druid(aquatic)/4 - HP 35/35; AC17/19 w/shield, FF15, T12; F+6,R+3,W+8; Per+11; Init+3

I will take the Nat Armor amulet. My AC is pretty bad.

Taldor

M Tiefling (Pit) Barb 5 HP:67/67, - AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Perception: +8(+10)(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +3/W: +2 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 40ft, Init: +4

Do we have a proper loot system, before we all get all over the place? ;p

Cedrick looks pelased at the lack of complaints over the dogs.

"Seems that a few of these fellows are getting roaring drunk on a ship full of captured enemies... never can tell what could happen if, say, one got loose with a knife in the night. We might not arrive to the rescue until a moment too late" Cedricks eyes sneak towards Fipps and the freshly urinated upon prisoner.


Female Tiefling Witch 4, HP 26/26, AC 13/T13/FF10, F/R/W +2/+4/+3, Per -1

You are the leader/lawful type. Organize oh fearless leader! I still want the boarding pike, though.

Taldor

M Tiefling (Pit) Barb 5 HP:67/67, - AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Perception: +8(+10)(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +3/W: +2 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 40ft, Init: +4

Cedrick takes up the items in a pile.

He flips his journal and takes out a quill:

Journal of Cedrick wrote:


For our part in the capture of a Rhadoumi ship, for giving good account in the fighting, and for our bounty of sailor kills and the capture of an officer, we have been granted loot for the divvie as follows for the crew as listed alphabetically:

Cedrick
Deader
Fish
Joneth
Nachni
Obisyth

A payment of funds to 1500 gold sails, or 250 per man.
A bonus yield of 500 gold sails.
A Shortsword +1
An Amulet of Natural Armour +1

Consumable goods, of the following nature:

3 x potions of cure moderate wounds
1 x potion of invisibility

He stops writing a moment...

"Fish, the Pike, the chain shirt, and the shortswords are not on the pile... perhaps it was the Captains intention to apportion them elsewhere as payment to other members? Or perhaps an oversight? I cannot divvy that which isn't on the pile. On that note fellows, this pile wont split that evenly, so some might end up better paid than others in the short term, but anyone paid too heavily now will be balanced out on the next round, and those who go light now will later be caught up. I'll try keep the splits as fair as I can."


Primordial Ooze

Cedrick - in the previous loot spoiler I included the line you can take what you like for personal use, but the Cap'n will take the rest for plunder - which was meant to imply that if you wanted the specific loot from that sub-list to grab it then.
Though I'm happy for retcon that Fish grabbed the pike and someone else the MW shortswords.
Loot system is completely up to you guys - it can be as simple or complicated as you like :P

Scourge doesn't immediately give up the pursuit of Fish, stalking towards her with a dark disposition. However he doesn't get too far before Riaris steps in front of him and stares him down.... after a long span of silence Riaris speaks evenly and bluntly "Feck off Scourge, she bloody fought beside the new bastards and that's fecking good enough fer me." leaning closer "Unless ye so feckin thick that ye want to walk your ugly mongrel face in on the Cap'n in his post combat recreation... it's your funeral numbnuts."

With that threat and the support of a senior officer at your side, Scourge quails and licks his lips "You sure you want to do that Krine... might be that those words'll come back to bite ye..." but Riaris for once doesn't speak, instead continuing to stare down Scourge. He backs away slowly with black intent clear in his eyes as he maintains gaze for a hand of steps before turning away.

Riaris doesn't turn to face any of you, and instead just softly adds "Enjoy it... you earned it" before walking away herself.


Female Tiefling - Oni Spawn Druid(aquatic)/4 - HP 35/35; AC17/19 w/shield, FF15, T12; F+6,R+3,W+8; Per+11; Init+3

DM VoV:

What is your ruling one the scimitar vs. cutlass proficiency? I know that we did not find one, but I assume that cutlasses will appear with a moderate frequency whereas scimitars are much less likely. I have scimitar proficiency, but not cutlass and for all intents and purposes, damage, crits, etc. they are identical.

Obi waits as the senior officer walks off after the showdown with Scourge. Once they have left.

I will take anything that will improve my offense and defense. Unfortunately those straight blades have never felt comfortable in my hands. A good club or one of those curved blades are things I prefer. So if that amulet will make me harder to hit, that would be my preference.


Primordial Ooze

Obisyth:
Scimitar = Cutlass. If you like you can post a flavor comment about removing the basket hilt... which is about the only real difference.


Female Tiefling Witch 4, HP 26/26, AC 13/T13/FF10, F/R/W +2/+4/+3, Per -1

Thanks VoV. No worries Cedrick. I didn't notice the previous loot post until I didn't see the pike list in this one. That got me back-checking. Like your loot post BTW. *Edit. Woohoo! I can sing!

I've got a friend.

Fish spends the rest of the celebration singing for the crew or hanging around Obisyth.
Perform:sing1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

I'll take this as my share. Hefting the woman's pike. To Obisyth, What happened while I was away?


Female Tiefling - Oni Spawn Druid(aquatic)/4 - HP 35/35; AC17/19 w/shield, FF15, T12; F+6,R+3,W+8; Per+11; Init+3

Obi looks at Fish for a minute and thinks before responding: The others are probably better at explaining. Pretty much the usual, occasional whippings and beatings for trite offenses. Several of Scourge's cronies came down with a case of knife poisoning. Oh, and I think that Scourge and company really hate us, and not just because we are better . . . I mean different.

She then stops talking: So how have you been? Pretty amazing you survived in the water that long, I am a good swimmer, but cannot breathe water, perhaps some day.

Taldor

M Tiefling (Pit) Barb 5 HP:67/67, - AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Perception: +8(+10)(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +3/W: +2 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 40ft, Init: +4

The young sailor just watches the interplay quietly before getting back to work.

Cedrick gathers up the other items, laying the lot out now for the proper recording and distribution.

He flips his journal back open and continues...

Journal of Cedrick wrote:


For our part in the capture of a Rhadoumi ship, for giving good account in the fighting, and for our bounty of sailor kills and the capture of an officer, we have been granted loot for the divvie as follows for the crew as listed alphabetically:

Cedrick
Deader
Fish
Joneth
Nachni
Obisyth

A payment of funds to 1500 gold sails, or 250 per man.
A bonus yield of 500 gold sails.
A Shortsword +1
An Amulet of Natural Armour +1

Consumable goods, of the following nature:

3 x potions of cure moderate wounds
1 x potion of invisibility

Of the personal effects and items held by the captured crew the following items of plunder.

165gp from the Sailors
Magical Boarding Pike - the value yet to be appraised.
2 x Masterwork Shortswords
Chain Shirt
75gp in pearl jewelry

"By all means I welcome you to the pike, yet its value still needs appraisal, in order to ensure the accounts are kept in line and no man is unduly under or over paid. I presume, well I hope at least, taht there will be a few more opportunities for bounty before this company is done"

Once we have an idea of the pikes worth/function we should be set for a decent split. I'll play party loot-monger


Female Tiefling Witch 4, HP 26/26, AC 13/T13/FF10, F/R/W +2/+4/+3, Per -1

To Cedrick, I'll examine it tomorrow when I prepare my spells. Let you know then.

To Obisyth, No, better. They're blind and vulnerable compared to us, and that makes them afraid. As for the water, Fish shrugs, It's my home. I can breathe water, so the only concern is food and avoiding the bigger predators. You'll love it too. Actually... I can let you breathe water now, if you want. The open water is different though. Very empty. Just water all around. Easier for the big fish to find and eat you. I like the shore better. Tide pools are good for hunting and the sea-weed is good too. Escape is easy too. Not many things can follow you between the two. Anyway. I found a shiver and talked them into letting me hang around. They followed the blood trail here. Turns out sharks aren't very talkative, just hungry.


Female Tiefling - Oni Spawn Druid(aquatic)/4 - HP 35/35; AC17/19 w/shield, FF15, T12; F+6,R+3,W+8; Per+11; Init+3

Interesting. I can sense the mood of many fish and other sea creatures. Even some sea birds and more monstrous denizens of the water. Here on the ship I feel at home, but definitely would prefer being closer to the shore where the real life is.

When we get a chance, I will take you up on your offer. I believe that my father must have been some type of a sea monster or I would not have these, even though they do not work as they should. As she says this, she calks her head so that the vestigial gills are apparent.


HP 31/31, AC 16, CMD 12, Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +6 Channel 6/6, Death Kiss 5/5 , Web 1/1, Coat 1/1

Deader looks down at his bloody front and what was left of his burned clothes.

"I sure bleed a lot lately." he says mostly to himself.

I'd like the armor. Deader's not going to ask for it, but he'll take it if it's offered.

Taldor

M Tiefling (Pit) Barb 5 HP:67/67, - AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Perception: +8(+10)(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +3/W: +2 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 40ft, Init: +4

Cedrick doesn't look up from his scribing, but laughs at Deaders comment and replies, "There's plenty of armour about in that pile of sailors kit if you needed a better outfit for yourself. Theres plain and studded leather there, better than some calico pants and a dashing smile when it comes to turning blades away from spilling your claret all over the decking. Unless you were looking at that chain shirt, in which case I'll account for it in your divvy"


Just a recap of intentions:
Fish - Pike
Obi - Amulet

Any further firm calls on items?

I'm not going to count consumables in the splits by the way, they always end up as a party asset one way or another I notice.


Primordial Ooze

Boarding Pike of Repelling:
Price 4,308 gp; Weight 9 lbs.
This +1 boarding pike is an 8-foot-long pole topped with a tapered metal spearpoint and a backward-facing hook, used to draw vessels closer together or repel boarders. A metal skull caps the butt of the pike. On command, a boarding pike of repelling can be extended as a swift action, giving its wielder a reach of 20 feet for 1 round. While the pike is extended, the wielder does not threaten adjacent creatures or creatures up to 15 feet away. A boarding pike of repelling can also be extended in this way to draw vessels closer together for boarding.


Female Tiefling - Oni Spawn Druid(aquatic)/4 - HP 35/35; AC17/19 w/shield, FF15, T12; F+6,R+3,W+8; Per+11; Init+3

Er, we hide the pike under our clothes and pretend that it never existed. REally Mr. Scourge, I have no idea what pike you are speaking of.

901 to 950 of 2,225 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Devil-spawn and Demon-taint: Ship-shape and Bristol Fashion All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.