Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Devil-spawn and Demon-taint: A Fiendish Take on Skull & Shackles (Inactive)

Game Master Mark Sweetman

Press-ganged to serve aboard the Wormwood, the crew with the outsider's touch must struggle to stay alive long enough to sate their desire for revenge...


851 to 900 of 2,225 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>

Female Tiefling Witch 4, HP 26/26, AC 13/T13/FF10, F/R/W +2/+4/+3, Per -1

Fish takes aim as the woman appears and fires. Attack, I'm assuming this is before engaged in melee. 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 141d10 ⇒ 5


Primordial Ooze

Fish's shot is true, but is turned away by the woman's well made chain shirt.


Stats:
AC 16/12/14 HP 13/21 F+1 R+8 W+3 Init +4 Per+4

Round 11

Nachni steps up to E5 and once again flicks her whip at an oncoming sailor C7 hoping to have her run of luck continue.
Trip (Whip) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Sovereign Court

M Tiefling (Pit) Barb 5 HP:67/67, - AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Perception: +8(+10)(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +3/W: +2 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 40ft, Init: +4

R11
HP 6/23

Cedrick steps forward, getting under the reach of the weapon.
He kicks at the womans legs as he closes, seeking to drive her to the ground...all the better to try stab her with his shortsword afterwards. He knows he's on his last legs from his previous injuries and needs to fight to dirty advantage and stop her moving.

Trip - 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23 vs CMD


Primordial Ooze

Nachni's whip is fouled by some hanging rigging as it snakes forward, and fails to bring down her prey.

As Cedrick steps up to the Rahadoumi warrior-woman, the crewman beside her lunges forward...
Shortsword: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 for 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
...though the cavalier Cavalier easily writhes around the blow and is able to send the officer to the deck.

Trip successful - just Fish, Joneth and Deader to go.


HP 31/31, AC 16, CMD 12, Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +6 Channel 6/6, Death Kiss 5/5 , Web 1/1, Coat 1/1

Deader watches Cedrick take a spear to the shoulder and for the first time since anyone has known him, he looks concerned.

"No. No, no. Stop that. That isn't your blood. You don't need it."

At Deader's upset voice, the ropes coiled and knotted around the ship began to twist and lengthen, snapping and twisting together into a writhing net seeking to pull the sailors down.

Cast Web in an area that misses Cedrick and Joneth, but covers just about everything in front of them


Male Human (Taldan) Magus (Bladebound, Kensai) 4; AC 17, touch 17, flat-footed 10, CMD 20; HP 28/35; AP 4/4; Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +6; Initiative +4; Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 (+2 to both while wielding Morathil)

As the woman is swept off of her feet by Cedrick, Joneth seizes the opportunity to dash towards them and support his fellow tiefling, the dagger in his hand ready to strike the moment he is within range. Trusting his comrades to take care of the sailor next to him, he ignores him and attacks the downed woman instead.

Round 11

Moving to D7 and attacking the prone woman at C8. I am not sure if Acrobatics can be used to avoid an AoO (I am leaning towards 'no'), but, just in case, here is a roll. And like above, including sneak attack (if not applicable, simply disregard it).

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Melee attack (masterwork dagger): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Damage (piercing): 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Sneak attack: 1d8 ⇒ 5


Female Tiefling Witch 4, HP 26/26, AC 13/T13/FF10, F/R/W +2/+4/+3, Per -1

No magic, no water. Hate this sort of thing.
Fish glumly reloads the crossbow.

Sovereign Court

M Tiefling (Pit) Barb 5 HP:67/67, - AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Perception: +8(+10)(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +3/W: +2 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 40ft, Init: +4

Joneth, did you remember to add +4 for attacking a prone opponent?


Male Human (Taldan) Magus (Bladebound, Kensai) 4; AC 17, touch 17, flat-footed 10, CMD 20; HP 28/35; AP 4/4; Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +6; Initiative +4; Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 (+2 to both while wielding Morathil)

Reading the description for being prone, I thought to leave it to our DM, since it mentions a -4 penalty to AC vs. melee attacks rather than a +4 bonus to melee attacks. Same thing really, I know. :-)

Sovereign Court

M Tiefling (Pit) Barb 5 HP:67/67, - AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Perception: +8(+10)(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +3/W: +2 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 40ft, Init: +4

Fair call... was tossing up grappling her next round as well, Cedrick wasn't going to beat her toe to toe. He's a bit of a dirty fighter is our Cedrick...


Female Tiefling - Oni Spawn Druid(aquatic)/4 - HP 35/35; AC17/19 w/shield, FF15, T12; F+6,R+3,W+8; Per+11; Init+3

I don't grapple, I just hit people with my little stick.


Primordial Ooze

Usual weekend hold-ups. Should have a post tomorrer


Primordial Ooze

Just a reminder - when you cast a spell, please give me the DC for the save at the same time.

Deader calls the rigging and nets to task and they writhe with a life of their own to snag on clothing and limbs...
Web Saves: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13 and 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 and 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Note: Only way to cast it is to hit Obisyth as well, so Obisyth needs to save or get caught in Deader's web.
...snaring all three of the remaining hostiles.

Joneth's dancing feet allow him to avoid the spear of the Rahadoumi lass and he plants a dagger in her shoulder. Fish keeps her distance and reloads.

The prone officer curses through gritted teeth and drops her polearm as it returns to normal size. Drawing a well made shortsword she does not even attempt to stand and lashes out at Cedrick...
Shortsword on Cedrick: 1d20 + 6 - 4 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 6 - 4 - 2 = 16 for 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
...managing a lucky glancing blow. The other sailor attempts the same...
Shortsword on Cedrick: 1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 - 2 = 9 for 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
...though does not mark the Cavalier's flesh.

The third sailor spends his round trying desperately to release himself from the webbing rigging...
Strength: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11 and 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
...failing at his task.

Back to you for Round 12.

Updated Map


Female Tiefling - Oni Spawn Druid(aquatic)/4 - HP 35/35; AC17/19 w/shield, FF15, T12; F+6,R+3,W+8; Per+11; Init+3

Reflex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Obi suddenly finds herself caught in the web and struggles to get out of it.

CMB vs web DC15: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 but remains caught in the web.

Would the Feather Step I have cast on me be of any assistance?


Stats:
AC 16/12/14 HP 13/21 F+1 R+8 W+3 Init +4 Per+4

Round 12

"Need a hand Obi? I think we need to get you and your big stick back into the fight." Nachni dances across the deck to see if she can help pull Obisyth from the webbing. Activate derring-do. All allies get +1 to Reflex, +2 to Dex skills, and +1 to AC if you move more than 10 feet.
Acrobatics to cross grease 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 5 + 2 = 22

She easily slides across the greasy deck and grabs hold of Obi's wrists to pull her free of the webs.
Will have to wait for next round, but she''ll give Obi an assist getting out next round in addition to any help from the derring-do.


HP 31/31, AC 16, CMD 12, Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +6 Channel 6/6, Death Kiss 5/5 , Web 1/1, Coat 1/1

Sorry about that. When I looked at the map and decided where to put the web I guess Obi hadn't been moved yet.

"Um... Oops." Deader says, with amused chagrin. Hey, can you guys, ah, let her go?" He says awkwardly to the ropes. "No? Well, ok. Just thought I'd ask, y'know. Thanks anyway. Ah, keep up the good work."

Sovereign Court

M Tiefling (Pit) Barb 5 HP:67/67, - AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Perception: +8(+10)(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +3/W: +2 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 40ft, Init: +4

R12
HP 3/23.

Cedrick smarts as he takes yet another wound, he has now been shot with a crossbow and stabbed three times, but is as resolute as he is bloodied.

"Surrender would have been a smarter response!, You now condemn yourself!" Challenge!

Attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23 Plus prone bonus.
Damage 1d6 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 2 = 11

He then shuffles back out of the way for a moment to gather himself. 5' step back


Primordial Ooze

Cedrick buries his shortsword almost to the hilt in the Rahadoumi's gullet and her demeanor changes almost as though something broke in her mind. With little else to do glued to the deck and without even hope to take her chances with the sharks - the lass goes limp and gives up. Unable to raise her hands in the typical mode of surrender she makes do with a simply spoken "Yield, yield"

The last two sailors still somewhat able follow suit and put weapons on the deck before kissing the boards themselves. While the fog is yet to clear, you hear fewer and fewer sounds of combat from forward... and it would appear that the day is indeed won.

All over bar the shouting - you've got four sailors and one officer to deal with.
If you can give me an update on how you prepare the stern for inspection - then I'll take it from there.

Sovereign Court

M Tiefling (Pit) Barb 5 HP:67/67, - AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Perception: +8(+10)(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +3/W: +2 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 40ft, Init: +4

Wow! that one came down to the wire!

Cedrick steps back forward defiantly, all the air and demeanour of a man used to Command. "You will be secured as captives and prizes." Cedrick simply issues as though it is inevitable and final.

"Fish and Deader, can you gather up the fallen weapons and ensure the fallen crew are neatly stacked, and truly dead? Nachni and Joneth, watch over these captured crew, and should they try anything ill advised, punish the infraction without mercy. Obi, can you see to any injuries?"

Cedrick will move the captives to face the sterncastle, hands bound, and ensure they are hooded/blindfolded. He collects his hand axe on the way through.

He thinks through what the expectations were of a young naval officer in charge of securing a vessel when leading a boarding party Prof Sailor 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21 and follows those steps. Like the dutiful young Taldane Naval Officer he was.


Female Tiefling - Oni Spawn Druid(aquatic)/4 - HP 35/35; AC17/19 w/shield, FF15, T12; F+6,R+3,W+8; Per+11; Init+3

Once Deader releases the web.

Other than being trapped by my companion, that went as well as could be expected. Anyone other than me hurt?

If nobody says ouch, I will cast CLW on myself: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

I will then see if any of the other downed sailors are still breathing and try to stabilize them.

Heal: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Sovereign Court

M Tiefling (Pit) Barb 5 HP:67/67, - AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Perception: +8(+10)(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +3/W: +2 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 40ft, Init: +4

Cedrick; three stab wounds and a crossbow bolt - 3/23hp heal plz! ;p


HP 31/31, AC 16, CMD 12, Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +6 Channel 6/6, Death Kiss 5/5 , Web 1/1, Coat 1/1

Deader's bleeding all over the place. 1 HP left.


Female Tiefling - Oni Spawn Druid(aquatic)/4 - HP 35/35; AC17/19 w/shield, FF15, T12; F+6,R+3,W+8; Per+11; Init+3

I will cast the above CLW on Deader. Hopefully Fish or Nanchi have some other magic ready.

Deader --> only 4 hp, crappy roll above.


Stats:
AC 16/12/14 HP 13/21 F+1 R+8 W+3 Init +4 Per+4

Nachni used everything she has for magic in that fight...other than Level 0 spells. She's down to trying to distract people with sounds of seabirds and sharks or turning their hair funny colors.

Nachni coils her whip and hangs it from her side again. She comes up blank trying to come up with anything on how the Shackles pirates would treat prisoners and settles for following Cedrick's lead. Moving to watch over the prisoners, she draws her dagger and begins toying with it while watching for any attempts to escape.
Profession (Sailor) 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Female Tiefling - Oni Spawn Druid(aquatic)/4 - HP 35/35; AC17/19 w/shield, FF15, T12; F+6,R+3,W+8; Per+11; Init+3

Profession(sailor): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Obi gives the sailors a few kicks for trying to hit her, apparently having momentarily forgotten that it was she who had done the invading.

She then helps to bind them in whatever manner is most appropriate for a Shackels pirate.

DM VoV:

Is there a way that she could raise a plant on the ship? I would like to start memorizing Goodberry, but it requires a bush of some sort.


Female Tiefling Witch 4, HP 26/26, AC 13/T13/FF10, F/R/W +2/+4/+3, Per -1

Sure. Sure.

Fish gathers the weapons and handles the bodies on the stern-castle, while keeping an eye on her two sailors. Once finished, she'll wait with them there. Crossbow ready in case of any surprises.


Primordial Ooze

Loot:
13 Sets of Sailor Gear: (Studded Leather, Heavy Crossbow, 10 bolts and Shortsword) - you can take what you like for personal use, but the Cap'n will take the rest for plunder).
165gp from the Sailors
From the Rahadoumi Officer:
  • Magical Boarding Pike
  • 2 x Masterwork Shortswords
  • Chain Shirt
  • 75gp in pearl jewelry

The Rahadoumi sailors are lined out in twin rows at Cedrick's instruction - one hooded and bound for the living and one piled less carefully for the dead. Those that had been felled during the battle were no longer drawing breath, leaving you with five captives - four sailors and the officer.

The fog continues to clear and a blood slicked deck strewn with Rahadoumi corpses opens up to your eyes. You see also a few of your fellow pirates laid out and bloodied - though Sandara is tending to them. Striding through the carnage like death incarnate is a widely grinning Harrigan - covered with blood that is not his own. Scourge and Plugg bear a few nicks and cuts, and are approaching the captain when the fog clears enough for them to view the stern.

At roughly this time, Obisyth decides to take out some of her frustration on the bound and hooded captives. Choosing her target she lines up a solid gut kick that is followed by the sound of puking within the hood. A look of demonic glee on her face she lines up again with her boot as the captive struggles to turn and free himself. The second strike catches the man in the kidney as he writhes and drives his face out and flat into the side of the ship. A sickening crack can be heard as the body of the sailor flops loosely to the deck and choking sounds can be heard. From under the hood, blood stained vomit begins to slowly seep as the man's movements begin to lessen as he sinks into death.

Through the silent air a trio of hacking laughs can be heard... Plugg's, Scourge's and the Captain. But they are the only ones impressed by the display. The other of your new found friends from the Wormwood look on with varying faces of disgust and horror. Killing a man in battle is one thing... but to kick a bound and hooded captive that was not a threat... well that was another thing entirely...

Plugg moves away forward as the Captain and Scourge approach the stern.

Slight pause to allow the other members of the party to react to Obisyth's actions...

Obisyth:
I realise that I've taken a slight liberty with how this has been described - but it is based on the essence of your actions. That is, to give the sailors that had surrendered to you a couple of kicks. It's perfectly allowed, and evil is acceptable as an alignment in this PbP... but it is a fairly defining moment for how others will view your character's character.
As far as the plant goes - it's not an issue.


Female Tiefling - Oni Spawn Druid(aquatic)/4 - HP 35/35; AC17/19 w/shield, FF15, T12; F+6,R+3,W+8; Per+11; Init+3

Obisyth looks down at the man she kicked not realizing how hard the kick would be in her larger form. Suddenly recognition and concern appear on her face.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Oh sh!t.

She then drops down and attempts to stabilize the prisoner.
Heal: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14


Stats:
AC 16/12/14 HP 13/21 F+1 R+8 W+3 Init +4 Per+4

For a moment, Nachni is going to let the moment pass. They're only food... Then, she catches sight of the horror on the faces of the fellow crew that we have worked so hard to influence. Thinking quickly she blurts out. "Thank the gods you stopped him Obi! Who'd have thought they had a witch hidden in the regular crew. I thought we had them all secured, but he nearly cursed us all! Are you sure you got him?"
Bluff 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23


HP 31/31, AC 16, CMD 12, Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +6 Channel 6/6, Death Kiss 5/5 , Web 1/1, Coat 1/1

Thanks Obi. I can get the rest myself when I'm not endangering people by channeling negative energy

Deader just watches. Whatever he thinks about the savage display is hidden behind his dead eyes. For now he just waits, leaning against the rail and finger painting between the dots of the tattoos on his chest, drawing lines of blood.

"Oh. I forgot about that. Neat."

Sovereign Court

M Tiefling (Pit) Barb 5 HP:67/67, - AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Perception: +8(+10)(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +3/W: +2 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 40ft, Init: +4

Cedrick turns to see whats going on, and then sees the situation play out...

Sense Motive 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 - Looks all legit to Cedrick.

"Steady on Obi, won't be cursing now, but good work picking up that one spitting curses, you have a good eye for such chicanery!" Cedrick compliments. Besides, if Obi and Nachni say something happened, then that's what happened as far as Cedrick is concerned. Added to his myriad of bloodied wounds, he isn't in a position of too much caring, just happy to be alive. His eyes wander to the form of the Rhadoumi woman, wondering how comely a lass she might be under all that... "Was she pretty?" he wonders to himself as he tires to recall, but all he can think about is her stabbing him with her spear. There's a dark half considering returning the favour as his hand rests on the handle of his axe.


Primordial Ooze

Obisyth finds the sailor she kicked unconscious but still technically living. Removing the hood and clearing out the puke from his mouth helps ease his breathing.

Sense Motives: 5d20 ⇒ (11, 4, 15, 3, 4) = 37

The crew are a little skeptical but seem to buy Nachni's quickly made deception and even some of the them look about to see where the witch might be. Scourge doesn't seem to care and if the Captain noticed, he's not letting on.

Harrigan bellows at the group "Decent work... though you should have let the fecker choke. Scourge'll take em now. Get below and check for any more still crawling." in a tone that does not beggar any resistance.

Assuming that the party follows orders you find the hold below still partially filled with acrid smoke and large scorch marks betray where the explosion you heard earlier within the battle went off. Crates, barrels and corpses are haphazardly strewn about the interior - and you set to work making some degree of order from the chaos. The main hold is divided into a forward section and an aft section that is segregated by a locked door.

Soon after entering the main hold... Cedrick hears the mixed sounds of whimpering and the occasional howl coming from the sealed compartment in the aft...

Sovereign Court

M Tiefling (Pit) Barb 5 HP:67/67, - AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Perception: +8(+10)(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +3/W: +2 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 40ft, Init: +4

Pushing the thoughts of the woman from his mind, Cedrick moves forward through the ship, sword drawn, and opens the compartment carefully...


Primordial Ooze

Cedrick carefully grasps the door... and finds that the lock renders it unable to be opened.

Sovereign Court

M Tiefling (Pit) Barb 5 HP:67/67, - AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Perception: +8(+10)(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +3/W: +2 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 40ft, Init: +4

"Who knows of the workings of locks?" Cedrick enquires of his fellows. He grips the hand axe, ready to make his own way through the door otherwise...


Male Human (Taldan) Magus (Bladebound, Kensai) 4; AC 17, touch 17, flat-footed 10, CMD 20; HP 28/35; AP 4/4; Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +6; Initiative +4; Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 (+2 to both while wielding Morathil)

"Tsk," Joneth shakes his head at Obisyth's actions, at the same time returning and securing his dagger in its sheath. He sees no point in punishing captives whose only crime was to respond in kind when attacked. Still, he says or does nothing to cast doubt on Nachni's and Cedrick's explanations to the rest of the crew. 'What is done, is done,' he thinks to himself, 'and the sailor is still alive, after all.'

Once inside the main hold, the rogue looks around with an expression of mild disinterest, until Cedrick starts moving with weapon drawn. Following the other man, mostly out of curiosity, he sees him struggle with an apparently locked door. "Do you want me to take a look at that?"

Sovereign Court

M Tiefling (Pit) Barb 5 HP:67/67, - AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Perception: +8(+10)(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +3/W: +2 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 40ft, Init: +4

"It would be nice if you could Joneth, save me making a mess of the door. Sounds like an animal is stuck in there, so be mindful when opening the door... poor thing must be out of its mind trapped in such conditions with the sound of battle all about it. Could be terrified." Cedrick almost sounds concerned, as if animal cruelty is just a bit too far in the bad behavious stakes.


Female Tiefling Witch 4, HP 26/26, AC 13/T13/FF10, F/R/W +2/+4/+3, Per -1

As the captain approaches, Fish whispers to her captives, Remember who kept you safe and whole. Don't waste it.

As she passes Scourge, Fish smiles, Good to see you and Mister Plugg again, Sir. before heading down with the others, crossbow armed and ready.

At the locked door, A moment before you unlock. If it's an animal, I can speak to it. Let's see what we're dealing with. Listening to the sounds to see if she can recognize the language, Fish's voice will go from the growls of an animal to the strange sounds of the planes.

How do Plugg and Scrouge react to seeing Fish again? Does the captain know?

Fish will alternate Feral Speech until she is sure it isn't any normal animal, then use her known languages until sure it isn't any of those either. If Fish can't speak to it then we know a lot just by elimination.


Stats:
AC 16/12/14 HP 13/21 F+1 R+8 W+3 Init +4 Per+4

"Good thinking Fish...you know, we really are going to have to get your story once things settle down." She listens for a moment as Fish attempts to speak with the creature. "Joneth, once we know what it is, I ought to be able to make that lock a little easier for you to open." Activate bardic performance again to give Joneth a +2 on that Disable Device.


Female Tiefling - Oni Spawn Druid(aquatic)/4 - HP 35/35; AC17/19 w/shield, FF15, T12; F+6,R+3,W+8; Per+11; Init+3

Obi follows the others. After the incident on the deck, she is very careful to not stir up any problems with the crew again.

Hearing the animal behind the door, she has an urge to help, but know that unless this thing can swim, she will not likely be able to be of much assistance.


Male Human (Taldan) Magus (Bladebound, Kensai) 4; AC 17, touch 17, flat-footed 10, CMD 20; HP 28/35; AP 4/4; Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +6; Initiative +4; Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 (+2 to both while wielding Morathil)

Joneth waits until 'Fish' is finished before moving in closer to examine the lock. "This will be a little tricky without the proper tools," he says softly, before taking out his dagger and using its point as a crude lockpick. "If anyone has a pin or other thin piece of metal, it could make things a little easier."

Disable Device: 1d20 + 8 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 8 + 2 - 2 = 14
Disable Device: 1d20 + 8 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 8 + 2 - 2 = 20

If his attempts fail, he will take the time necessary to take 20.

Disable Device: 20 + 8 + 2 - 2 = 28 [Take 20]


HP 31/31, AC 16, CMD 12, Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +6 Channel 6/6, Death Kiss 5/5 , Web 1/1, Coat 1/1

Deader fishes out a handful of half-carved pins made from reefclaw carapace.

"How about these?"


Primordial Ooze

Fish:
I completely forgot... but we'll chalk it up to post-battle confusion for now.
I'll lace some commentary into the final post-battle summary.

Joneth fiddles with the lock for a while and eventually manages to force it open with Deader's re-worked crab picks. The door opens into a pitch black storage compartment... though with your darkvision you see two pairs of eyes looking back upon you.

The floor of the compartment on one side is strewn with fallen sacks of grain that must have unbalanced either on impact or with one of the explosions that rocked the vessel during the battle. Unfortunate for one of the other inhabitants of the space. Near to the aft of the hold are two dog like creatures chained to the mast where it penetrates through the area. One lies on the deck, whimpering and bloodied, it's lower half a crushed wreck as it lies under a hundred pounds or more of displaced cargo.

Heal DC 10:
The dog is close to death, though it will take a few hours for it to leave this mortal coil.
Note - this is more than a 'just feed it a healing potion' injury.

The second stands sentinel over it's kin, hackles raised and growling at the new entrants into the hold. Close haired and with a lean muscular body, the scars on it's legs and muzzle betray it as a fighting dog. But still... there is something more to the beast... something otherworldly and primal. Baring it's teeth as it growls, it holds it's ground and there is a palpable air of menace and threat.

Cedrick and Knowledge Planes DC 15:
The dog is a kindred spirit, it's blood is touched by that which dwells below.
Also, Cedrick - please narrate your actions... but no need to roll Handle Animal. I don't want a random 1 spoiling things


Female Tiefling Witch 4, HP 26/26, AC 13/T13/FF10, F/R/W +2/+4/+3, Per -1

Whatever it is wasn't speaking in/responding to any of the languages Fish knows?


HP 31/31, AC 16, CMD 12, Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +6 Channel 6/6, Death Kiss 5/5 , Web 1/1, Coat 1/1

"Do ships always chain things to their masts?" Deader says with some confusion. "First Hungry, now this. I don't remember that being part of any normal ship procedures. Maybe I just forgot about that part."


Primordial Ooze

Gah - sorry Fish... six hours sleep over three nights means I'm missing more than I should.

Fish's attempts to engage with the dog-creature are met with silence. She gets a glimmer of recognition that her voice is heard... but that the dog has no inclination to respond to her.

Sovereign Court

M Tiefling (Pit) Barb 5 HP:67/67, - AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Perception: +8(+10)(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +3/W: +2 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 40ft, Init: +4

Cedrick avoids staring at the dog, and instead lets it get used to him standing there... he shows no fear nor concern, simply keeping his movements slow and to a minimum. Eventually, when he feels the dog has accepted he isn't moving forward nor backing away, he simply turns towards it with a deliberate slowness, rises to his full stance of command, and utters in a calm and even tone a note of guttural Infernal demand "Sit". His stance is that of an Alpha, and his attitude makes it clear he expects to be obeyed.

He then begins moving calmly and with measured movements towards the injured animal.


Female Tiefling Witch 4, HP 26/26, AC 13/T13/FF10, F/R/W +2/+4/+3, Per -1

Fish will follow behind Cedrick, studying the creature. Knowledge: Planes1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

*Edit. Woohoo! A 22 should get us it's plane of origin and at least two, possibly three, bits of information about it.


Stats:
AC 16/12/14 HP 13/21 F+1 R+8 W+3 Init +4 Per+4

Knowledge (Planes) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Maybe Nachni knows any bits Fish misses. Not that she's missing much with that roll.

851 to 900 of 2,225 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Devil-spawn and Demon-taint: Ship-shape and Bristol Fashion All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.