Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Devil-spawn and Demon-taint: A Fiendish Take on Skull & Shackles (Inactive)

Game Master Mark Sweetman

Press-ganged to serve aboard the Wormwood, the crew with the outsider's touch must struggle to stay alive long enough to sate their desire for revenge...


751 to 800 of 2,225 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>

Male Human (Taldan) Magus (Bladebound, Kensai) 4; AC 17, touch 17, flat-footed 10, CMD 20; HP 35/35; AP 4/4; Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +6; Initiative +4; Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 (+2 to both while wielding Morathil)

Joneth watches as Nachni runs past him and then as she jumps and lands safely on the opposite ship. Taking but a moment to turn his attention to Cedrick and accompanying the look he gives the other man with a shrug, the rogue takes a step or two back and proceeds to also make a run for it, jumping as he gets to the edge and landing safely and quietly between the two women. As the curved dagger appears in his grasp, he glances at Nachni, a thin half-smile on his face.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 8 + 2 = 29

Reflex: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 6 + 1 = 21

Moving to D8.

Taldor

M Tiefling (Pit) Barb 5 HP:67/67, - AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Perception: +8(+10)(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +3/W: +2 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 40ft, Init: +4

Thinking he'd prefer to see another tether, Cedrick throws a grapple...

To Hit 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Climb 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Reflex 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Thanks dice-bot, I woulda been better off jumping! ;p

Round 1
Don't forget, you are all getting +1 on Reflex saves, +2 on Dex-based skill checks, and +1 on AC if you move more than 10 feet. - THANKS!


Stats:
AC 16/12/14 HP 13/21 F+1 R+8 W+3 Init +4 Per+4

Its the age old problem with inspire courage and anything similar...very easy to forget the buffs.


HP 31/31, AC 16, CMD 12, Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +6 Channel 6/6, Death Kiss 5/5 , Web 1/1, Coat 1/1

As the others make their way towards the rail Deader looks down at himself and frowns. "This body ain't going to hold up too long in a fight..."

Deader's still at 1 HP

"I wonder..."

Using Kiss of Death to give me Undead traits, then using Channel Negative Energy to heal myself.

1d6 ⇒ 2
1d6 ⇒ 2
1d6 ⇒ 5

"That should do."

Looking around at the wood around him that had been bleached pale by the blistering entripic energies he'd just released all around him, he looked a little abashed.

"Oops."

Deader's going to be a round or two late to the party.

Taldor

M Tiefling (Pit) Barb 5 HP:67/67, - AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Perception: +8(+10)(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +3/W: +2 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 40ft, Init: +4

At least you have a rope in place Deader!


Female Tiefling Witch 4, HP 26/26, AC 13/T13/FF10, F/R/W +2/+4/+3, Per -1

DM:
Sounds good, just give me the word.


Primordial Ooze

If Deader wants he can have done some of that healing pre-combat and join in come round 2?
Obisyth - I changed around your action to just jumping across as it works without the need to move, throw, move. - casting of shilleagh is acceptable.

The party makes it's way sans the dead man walking and expertly launches themselves from the deck of the Wormwood and onto The Man's Promise. Cedrick lags a bit behind and though he manages to make the gap, ends up mired in the jolly boat for a few moments as he finds his feet.

Fish:
As you watch the ship shrouded in fog, you see the ones with tainted blood as your own leap across onto the belabored vessel. Curious you look closer and see a broken rigging line that lies trailing into the sea at the aft of The Man's Promise, that you could use to climb... if you felt so inclined.

Rope hangs down into J,8 - it will take two move actions worth of DC 10 Climb checks to move up it.

The battle afore you on the rages on and screams, clashes of steel and worse sound out of the fog. You catch snatches of Harrigan and Riaris Krine's voices rising above the din, though what they are screaming is lost to the miasma of noise... besides... there are more pressing matters to which to attend.

The six sailors at the aft of the Promise react to your joining them with relative practiced ease. The two closest raise the heavy crossbows by their side to fire...
H Crossbow at Obisyth: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 2 + 1 = 17 for 1d10 ⇒ 1
H Crossbow at Joneth: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 1 = 7
...one flying wild while the other sinks deep into Obisyth's thigh. They then drop their ranged weapons, draw steel and take position at the head of the stairs leading to the sterncastle from the lower deck.

The four higher on the aft take aim at a variety of targets, though their aim is fouled by mast and man making their shots more difficult...
Soft cover penalty included in roll
H Crossbow at Cedrick: 1d20 + 2 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 2 + 1 - 4 = 18 for 1d10 ⇒ 5
H Crossbow at Nachni: 1d20 + 2 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 2 + 1 - 4 = 13
H Crossbow at Joneth: 1d20 + 2 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 2 + 1 - 4 = 8
H Crossbow at Obisyth: 1d20 + 2 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 1 - 4 = 0
...and the difficulty of their shots is displayed in the paucity of their accurate strikes. Only Cedrick is marked with blood after the exchange, and the sailors hurriedly reload with practiced movements.

Updated Mapski

Back over to the motley crew


Female Tiefling - Oni Spawn Druid(aquatic)/4 - HP 35/35; AC17/19 w/shield, FF15, T12; F+6,R+3,W+8; Per+11; Init+3

Obisyth lithely moves across the deck, her feet hardly hitting the ground and completely avoiding anything that might otherwise hinder her movement. She gets to the far steps and quickly ascends to keep anyone from fleeing that route.

Move Action: Move to F4

Standard: Attack with club using 2 hands.

Attack-club: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21 <-- +1 BAB, +4 Str (alter self), +1 Enhancement(shillelagh)
Damage: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (6, 6) + 7 = 19 <-- +4x1.5 Str, +1 Enhancement

Obisyth smiles as she lands (hopefully) a rather impactful blow from her green shimmering club.

Come on guys, lets stop the shooters.


Female Tiefling Witch 4, HP 26/26, AC 13/T13/FF10, F/R/W +2/+4/+3, Per -1

Obi. I think you killed the poor man

DM:
It looks like the sailor in J7 is visible from my current position. If so, I'll spend the round casting sleep, centering the burst on him. If I can't seem him specifically but know someone is up there, the burst will center on the air above J7/6/5 or I7. If not, I'll climb up until the sailors are visible, pause, then cast sleep the next round. Climb, since I assume no taking 10. Though I don't seem to be in any immediate danger yet.1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 71d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20


Female Tiefling - Oni Spawn Druid(aquatic)/4 - HP 35/35; AC17/19 w/shield, FF15, T12; F+6,R+3,W+8; Per+11; Init+3
Peq-pez 'Fish' Elez-mek wrote:

Obi. I think you killed the poor man

** spoiler omitted **

Shark bait, Muhahaha.


Stats:
AC 16/12/14 HP 13/21 F+1 R+8 W+3 Init +4 Per+4

Yeah, I don't think there is much room for doubt about that one.

"I'll join Obi on that side. You boys head up this way and we can meet at the wheel." Nachni dashes to the other side of the deck behind Obisyth while continuing her dance. Pausing at the base of the steps next to Obisyth, she sends her whip twisting toward the feet on the second sailor.
Move to F3 and attempting to trip the sailor in I4.
Trip (Whip) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Status:

Active: Derring-do (3 rounds used), Message
AC 15, touch 15, flat-footed 11. . (+4 Dex, +1 Derring-Do moved more than 10 feet)

Taldor

M Tiefling (Pit) Barb 5 HP:67/67, - AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Perception: +8(+10)(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +3/W: +2 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 40ft, Init: +4

R1
AC:15 (16) HP:18/23
Hand Axe + Buckler

Cedrick is smarting from the bolt, however gathers himself up to press on...

Move to F7, attack G7

Attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Clearly the wound is distracting him from hitting cleanly.


Primordial Ooze

Obisyth's blow catches the unfortunate just under the ribcage and sends the sailor spiralling into the waters beside the boat... pinkish water forming around his bludgeoned form.

The sailor dances aside from Nachni's whip, though Cedrick has more luck - landing a glancing blow against his foe.

Fish:
Man is indeed visible... since it's a full round cast you'll get to aim it at the start of your action in Round 3

Deader and Joneth to finish


Female Tiefling Witch 4, HP 26/26, AC 13/T13/FF10, F/R/W +2/+4/+3, Per -1

DM:
Alrighty then. That's what I'll do.


Male Human (Taldan) Magus (Bladebound, Kensai) 4; AC 17, touch 17, flat-footed 10, CMD 20; HP 35/35; AP 4/4; Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +6; Initiative +4; Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 (+2 to both while wielding Morathil)

Joneth nods in agreement to Nachni's suggestion and moves alongside Cedrick, attempting a quick stabbing attack aimed at the enemy's midsection.

Round 2

Moving to F8.

Melee attack (masterwork dagger): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Damage (piercing): 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


HP 31/31, AC 16, CMD 12, Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +6 Channel 6/6, Death Kiss 5/5 , Web 1/1, Coat 1/1

Hurrying to catch up, Deader makes his way to the other ship in dramatic fashion by grabbing onto the wormwood's boom and swinging it out over the other ship's deck.

Grab a rope? Prof. Sailor: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18


Primordial Ooze

Deader - Profession won't let you do the swing, but converting the 10 to an Acro and adding Derring-do will just do it

Joneth's approach is barely checked as Deader flies somewhat majestically overheard to land amidships on the Promise.

The two northmost sailors react with horror as their companion is ejected seaward with vigor. Their crossbows are shakily raised to deliver fire at the warrior fiend-ess...
H Crossbow at Obisyth: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 1 = 8
H Crossbow at Obisyth: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 2 + 1 = 13
...though the shots are high as the ship moves beneath you. The crewmen then drop their crossbows and turn to their blades.

The other two at the stren hold their crossbows ready, waiting for an opening...

The foe that bleeds at Cedrick's behest gamely flays out with his short blade...
Shortsword at Cedrick: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18 for 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
...finding an opening to exploit and drawing blood.

The battle rages on ahead of you as a small figure in the sea bobs, weaves and draws forth energy arcane to bend at it's whim...

Fish:
I'm assuming you target the two in the corner nearest as those are the ones you see. I'v included the will saves below - feel free to include in your narration of the spell effect when you post the round two action.
Will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 and 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Over to you for Round Three

Updated Map


Female Tiefling - Oni Spawn Druid(aquatic)/4 - HP 35/35; AC17/19 w/shield, FF15, T12; F+6,R+3,W+8; Per+11; Init+3

Obisyth watches as the former sailor goes flying over the failing into the mouthes of the waiting sharks below.

I did not know they could fly like that. Might want to work on the landing next time.

She then steps forward and again swings her glowing green club at the next victim standing and waiting to die.

Move to H4.

Attack-I4-w/club-2handed: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Damage: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (6, 5) + 7 = 18

If that hits, once again the sharks are going to have a nice tenderized meal.


Stats:
AC 16/12/14 HP 13/21 F+1 R+8 W+3 Init +4 Per+4

I'd be surprised if that doesn't hit! Will try the trip on I4 if he is still alive and I5 if Obi has knocked another one to the sharks. Move to H3 assuming I4 is gone and it isn't too tight a squeeze.

Nachni scowls as the sailor dodges her whip, only to see him crushed by another blow by Obisyth. She dances forward and the thin strand snakes out seeking to entangle the next foe.
Trip (Whip) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Status:

Active: Derring-do (4 rounds used), Message
AC 15, touch 15, flat-footed 11. . (+4 Dex, +1 Derring-Do moved more than 10 feet)


Female Tiefling Witch 4, HP 26/26, AC 13/T13/FF10, F/R/W +2/+4/+3, Per -1

Fish quietly sings a bit of song for the two sailors. With a peaceful sigh, they slump to the deck unconscious. Finally got someone! I6 and I7 are down. DM, I'm assuming they have 2hd? If not, then it would affect I5 and G7 as well.

Round 3
Fish approaches the dangling rope and climbs towards the deck. If possible, taking 10 on the checks, since I can't actually see any opponents right now. If not, here are the rolls. Looks like it'll be another round. 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 21d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

Fish's song:

Be sam tweonum
Awa to aldre
Eow frithes healdan

Taldor

M Tiefling (Pit) Barb 5 HP:67/67, - AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Perception: +8(+10)(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +3/W: +2 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 40ft, Init: +4

R3
AC:15 HP:12/23
Hand Axe + Buckler

Now looking in bad condition from a protruding bolt and a huge slash, Cedrick tries to turn the assault back in his favour.

Attack G7

Attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Thinking thats probably going to slay the man, Cedrick then holds off on moving forward to allow the fresh Joneth to pass and head up.


Primordial Ooze

Obisyth stalks forward to new prey and once again renders it's resistance moot in a single blow. Nachni looks on in relative awe and surprise... and subsequently is unable to effect a successful trip.

Cedrick's axe works past the man's defenses again to open his gullet. The Rahadoumi sailor isn't looking healthy... but he lingers on within the fight.

The two sailors that held their crossbow shots (I,6 and I,7) are the ones that have fallen asleep - and yes, they have 2 HD each.

Fish - correct on not being able to take 10, but that's tied to it being a dynamic situation in combat than specifically being able to see your enemies.

After seeing her spell lay low a pair of sailors, Fish makes to move to the rope hanging into the sea... but finds the going difficult.

Deader and Joneth to finish up the round.


HP 31/31, AC 16, CMD 12, Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +6 Channel 6/6, Death Kiss 5/5 , Web 1/1, Coat 1/1

Deader steps behind Cedrick and grins "Oh, that's a good idea..."

Step to E7, starting to cast Summon Monster 1. It will go off at the start of my next action.


Male Human (Taldan) Magus (Bladebound, Kensai) 4; AC 17, touch 17, flat-footed 10, CMD 20; HP 35/35; AP 4/4; Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +6; Initiative +4; Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 (+2 to both while wielding Morathil)

Seeing the two sailors fall down in what looks like deep slumber, there is a very brief look of slight confusion on Joneth's face. The rogue quickly composes himself, however, and, with his and Cedrick's foe still standing despite the inflicted wounds, he moves to flank the man, taking care to not give him any openings for an opportune strike.

Round 3

Moving to H7, using Acrobatics to try and avoid AoOs, and attacking the one at G7 from a flanking position.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

Melee attack (masterwork dagger): 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 2 = 17
Damage (slashing): 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Sneak attack: 1d8 ⇒ 1


Stats:
AC 16/12/14 HP 13/21 F+1 R+8 W+3 Init +4 Per+4

Nachni just shakes her head in frustration as she fails to trip another foe. "Hey, looks like we've gotten some unexpected help Obisyth. Not that you seem to need it."
Joneth, not that you needed it, but don't forget the Derring-Do.


Female Tiefling - Oni Spawn Druid(aquatic)/4 - HP 35/35; AC17/19 w/shield, FF15, T12; F+6,R+3,W+8; Per+11; Init+3

Not sure where we are in init, but here is my next round action. Use the attack as an AoO if this guy decides to flee instead of meeting my wee little stick.

Obisyth turns and taking her club in two hands attempts to make the last standing sailor's head meet his feet.

Attack-club 2-hands: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Damage: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (5, 5) + 7 = 17

The man steps aside aside from this blow, but the deck is not so fortunate feeling the wrath of the wishy washy druid.


Primordial Ooze

Deader begins to conjure foul creatures in a dark tongue as Joneth lithely skips past the sailor to end his stout resistance with a lung splitting thrust.

The sole surviving sailor looks around, curses and considers the fate of those that stood before him in the fray... before swallowing and fighting on...
Shortsword on Obisyth: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5 for 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
...rather ineffectually.

The battle rages on fore of you on the ship, and the cacophony of sound makes it difficult to gauge if the Wormwood is in ascendancy or not. The smoke parts momentarily and you spy Captain Harrigan looming like a grim spectre of death stalking towards a portal that will bear him below.

Perception DC 10:
You also spy a rahadoumi sailor sneaking up behind Harrigan with bared steel... it does not seem as though the good Captain has noticed the man yet... He's at A6, the Captain at A4

Start of Round 4 Map

Fish - with a couple of DC 10 climbs, you can make the top deck

Obisyth flays outwards with her brutally enchanted club... though her aim is not as fair this time.

Back to you guys


Stats:
AC 16/12/14 HP 13/21 F+1 R+8 W+3 Init +4 Per+4

Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
From the corner of her eye, she catches a glimpse of the sailor sneaking up on Harrigan. Oh, not taking any chances on Plugg getting made Captain. That would be worse than Harrigan. "Obi, I'll be right back. Trouble back in the mists." Nachni sails back down the steps. to D4 "Captain, look out behind you!" At the same time, she whispers softly and gestures at the rahadoumi sailor. Casts hideous laughter DC 14 Will save.

Status:

Active: Derring-do (5 rounds used), Message
AC 15, touch 15, flat-footed 11. . (+4 Dex, +1 Derring-Do moved more than 10 feet)


Female Tiefling - Oni Spawn Druid(aquatic)/4 - HP 35/35; AC17/19 w/shield, FF15, T12; F+6,R+3,W+8; Per+11; Init+3

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26

Obi glances over her shoulder and sees where Nachni is heading.
Careful.

Taldor

M Tiefling (Pit) Barb 5 HP:67/67, - AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Perception: +8(+10)(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +3/W: +2 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 40ft, Init: +4

R4

I'm assuming Nachni's warning tipped us off by now

Cedrick spins at the warning and seeing the object of her alert, hurls his hand axe at the closing pirate.

Attack 1d20 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 2 + 2 + 1 = 23
Damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Cedrick then picks up the dead sailors shortsword from the ground.


Female Tiefling Witch 4, HP 26/26, AC 13/T13/FF10, F/R/W +2/+4/+3, Per -1

climb 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 191d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19 Finding a good grip on the rope, Fish climbs up to the deck. Seeing the fight mostly over, she clings to the railings, staying out of the way and ready to fall back into the sea if need be. Calling out to the remaining sailor, in Common and Osiriani, Surrender and live! The Captain will take you on as crew!


Primordial Ooze

Just a reminder that DM VoV is on tour and there isn't any guarantee of accessibility for a couple of weeks.


Primordial Ooze

Re-Cap of the current state of Battle:

Having boarded the Man's Promise in quick order, our intrepid band of ne'er do'wells and buccaneers made short work of the initial resistance offered at the ship's stern.

At Nachni's warding words Cedrick spins quickly to deliver an axe to the creeping sailor's hip. As choking words of laughter begin to cross the Rahadoumi's lips from Nachni's invocation - Harrigan spins and almost casually ends the would be assassin with an efficient blow. He meets Nachni's gaze for a moment and nods his approval before vanishing back into the depths of the swirling smoke.

A familiar face breaks over the Southern railing of the ship as Fish makes her presence known. The sailor doesn't respond to her demands and instead seems to be eyeing his slumbering companion with a mind to awaken him.

Technically still have Round 4 actions for Deader, Joneth and Obisyth.

Updated Mappage


Female Tiefling - Oni Spawn Druid(aquatic)/4 - HP 35/35; AC17/19 w/shield, FF15, T12; F+6,R+3,W+8; Per+11; Init+3

Obisyth continues to attempt to see how good the sailors are at flying, and swimming, while unconscious.

Attack-club @ I5:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Damage: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (6, 2) + 7 = 15

With another mighty swing, Obisyth might or might not have caused the sailor to have a very bad day.


Greedy HP 16/16, Buddy HP 16/16, Nasty 20/20, Grimy 20/20, AC 17

Summon Monster 1 goes off.

Deader grinned and beckoned and something stepped out of a rippling fold in space just behind the last of their foes.

It screamed a thousand far away whispers as it's skin bubbled in the light of the sun. Enraged, it lashed out with miss-jointed limbs and tore into the man before it.

Claw 1: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 4 + 2 = 15
Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Claw 1: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 4 + 2 = 18
Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Deader summons a Bloody Skeleton with the Advanced template using It Came From Beyond. It appears at J6 and attacks.


HP 31/31, AC 16, CMD 12, Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +6 Channel 6/6, Death Kiss 5/5 , Web 1/1, Coat 1/1

Deader just grinned.

Delay until I see the results of the summoned creature's action.


Female Tiefling Witch 4, HP 26/26, AC 13/T13/FF10, F/R/W +2/+4/+3, Per -1

Free action: speak, so this is still round four. This is after Obi and the skeleton attack, so I'm guessing the sailor isn't a problem anymore.

Seeing Deader's monstrosity, Fish stamps her foot and screams, The sleeping ones are mine! MINE! Nobody kill them!

I try to be nice, just put them to sleep. Peaceful sleep that everyone loves, but people keep rejecting me. Those sailors, these sailors. And now this thing. Ohh I hate people!


Primordial Ooze

Between the mutual attentions of an angered Oni-spawn with a magically enhanced club and the sudden appearance of a otherworldly beast the last conscious Rahadoumi falls bloodied to the deck.

The Sterncastle is won, though the battle still rages forward of your position. There are also two sailors still slumbering at your feet. Just as you turn to each other to talk of what now... the boat is rocked by a massive explosion below decks. The unhinged and lingering screams of those burning alive cut through the fog and assault your ears.

Deader:
Can you advise how you've managed to get a bloody skeleton as a Summon Monster I option? - I don't see it on the list/

Round 5 - over to you guys. Remember your mission is to secure the Stern and prevent anyone using the boats to flee.
You've a round to consolidate your position / decide what to do with the sleepers.


Female Tiefling - Oni Spawn Druid(aquatic)/4 - HP 35/35; AC17/19 w/shield, FF15, T12; F+6,R+3,W+8; Per+11; Init+3

Obi looks at the two on the deck and then at her companions:

Kill em? Tie em up? Or fish food?


Stats:
AC 16/12/14 HP 13/21 F+1 R+8 W+3 Init +4 Per+4

Nachni turns back to the stern at the familiar voice. "Fish? Or some trickery? How can you possibly be here?!?"


Female Tiefling Witch 4, HP 26/26, AC 13/T13/FF10, F/R/W +2/+4/+3, Per -1

Fish moves to one of the dropped crossbows and re-spans it. 5ft step to J7, move to pick up crossbow, standard to reload.

To Obisyth, No killing! If you have rope, tie them.
Smiling at Nachni You don't kill a fish by sending it home. Then we smelled blood this way.


Female Tiefling - Oni Spawn Druid(aquatic)/4 - HP 35/35; AC17/19 w/shield, FF15, T12; F+6,R+3,W+8; Per+11; Init+3

Obisyth shrugs: Prisoners it is then. Oh, and welcome back, I am sure the scum Plugg will appreciate your return. Or you could continue to hide in the water if you are so inclined and mess with his mind from afar.

As she says this final part, Obi has an evil vengeful look in her eyes.

Obi also looks for any rope that might be on the deck and usable for tying up the sleeping crew.

Joneth or Nanchi, one of you would probably be better at tying these napping sailors.


Male Human (Taldan) Magus (Bladebound, Kensai) 4; AC 17, touch 17, flat-footed 10, CMD 20; HP 35/35; AP 4/4; Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +6; Initiative +4; Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 (+2 to both while wielding Morathil)

Do we even have any rope? Or is there any lying around? Joneth would indeed prefer the tying-them-up option.


Female Tiefling - Oni Spawn Druid(aquatic)/4 - HP 35/35; AC17/19 w/shield, FF15, T12; F+6,R+3,W+8; Per+11; Init+3

Do you riggers have any clue how many days I have spent coiling and uncoiling rope? There has got to be some lying about. Heck, I should probably get a +10 bonus on rope tying with all the time I spent working with hemp.


Male Human (Taldan) Magus (Bladebound, Kensai) 4; AC 17, touch 17, flat-footed 10, CMD 20; HP 35/35; AP 4/4; Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +6; Initiative +4; Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 (+2 to both while wielding Morathil)

Joneth affords the newly arrived 'Fish' a look before moving to the nearest mast and kneeling down next to it, using his dagger to cut himself some of the rope lying in a bundle at its base. He then proceeds to use it to tie up the sleeping sailor closest to him, making the binds as tight and secure as he can, before moving on to the second one.

"This should hold them, I believe."


HP 31/31, AC 16, CMD 12, Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +6 Channel 6/6, Death Kiss 5/5 , Web 1/1, Coat 1/1

Deader waves at Fish and his new friend.

The terrible creature looked up at him, grabbed the body of the sailor it had killed and dragged it back through the rippling tear in reality, taking the corpse with it to wherever it had come from.

The body-taking is pure flavor. If the body becomes somehow important it can be conveniently returned.

Taldor

M Tiefling (Pit) Barb 5 HP:67/67, - AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Perception: +8(+10)(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +3/W: +2 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 40ft, Init: +4

Cedrick 12/23

"Anyone good at healing? Seemed to have caught a few in the scrap. We have to check those boats too, Captain wont be too jolly with us if people escape in the jolly boats"


Primordial Ooze

Joneth can manage to tie up one sailor in Round 5, the second is unbound unless someone else wants to spend their action to do so.

After a momentary respite where words could be exchanged, you are greeted by figures stumblins through the fog and into view. Four more sailors emerge with wild and scared eyes, and carrying a few minor nicks and scars of battle. Just after emerging they double take at the sight of you all and ready their short bladed stabbing swords before themselves wardingly.

Sense Motive DC 10:
The sailors are suffused with fear but seem to be holding it well, given the way their weapons are presented you wager they've readied themselves to strike the first to approach.

New guests are in C4, C5, C7 and C8.
Back to you guys for Round 6 actions - map will be updated tonight when I'm able.


Female Tiefling Witch 4, HP 26/26, AC 13/T13/FF10, F/R/W +2/+4/+3, Per -1

Fish will try speaking to them in Osiriani, keeping the crossbow ready.
Sense Motive 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6

The water is awfully red right now. Last fellows didn't swim too well. How about you just put the blades down and see if we can't be friends?

Ready action to fire heavy crossbow at first sailor who moves to attack.


Female Tiefling - Oni Spawn Druid(aquatic)/4 - HP 35/35; AC17/19 w/shield, FF15, T12; F+6,R+3,W+8; Per+11; Init+3

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Obi has a tough time reading the group, but figures that they are preparing to sh!t themselves at any moment.

She steps down, but remains out of reach of the small blades with her green glowing club raised.

Little me put two of your friends into the water where the sharks are enjoying a meal. Unless you wish to join them, drop your blades and lie down on the ground.

If you decide to do otherwise. We will show no leniency. If you do as we ask, I will ask the captain to show mercy on you.

751 to 800 of 2,225 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Devil-spawn and Demon-taint: Ship-shape and Bristol Fashion All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.