Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Devil-spawn and Demon-taint: A Fiendish Take on Skull & Shackles (Inactive)

Game Master Mark Sweetman

Press-ganged to serve aboard the Wormwood, the crew with the outsider's touch must struggle to stay alive long enough to sate their desire for revenge...


701 to 750 of 2,225 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>

Primordial Ooze

Obisyth:
Read Cedrick's previous spoiler for Sense Motive results.
You look around the deck, but do not see any sign of suspicious activity. All attention is focused upon the matter at hand.

Jape manages to say "I were there when the crates came down but didn't.." before being silenced by another glare from Scourge.

The rampant Scourge then growls "Bullsh1t Bootlick, and you knew it afore the filth came out yer lips." swapping his captain's daughter to left hand and pulling out his axe. His eyes stay fixated on Cedrick, but his voice is raised again for the crew to hear "On me honor this piece of crap is lyin. Him and his mate conspired to do in Syl and Maheem both, and now they're trying to pin it on Jape. Mister Plugg sir... permission to open their gullets."

Cedrick and Joneth:
Just wanted a crunch related explanation of how I looked at the attempted Bluff. In Scourge's mind he really doesn't care if you're speaking the truth or not - as this is an opportunity for him to pin the deaths on you. Your words may have swayed the opinion of some of the crew... but that isn't the issue in the current kangaroo court.
As you've guessed - Scourge put you in the bilges with armed foes for an explicit reason... so he can only guess that you won where he hoped Syl and Maheem would have. If fortunes were reversed... then they would themselves be trying to pull exactly the same 'Crates fell on them and killed them' defense ;)
I will state that this is not a DM fiat move to kill you guys... and a hopefully mutually satisfying resolution will become apparent relatively shortly.

Silence hangs heavy in the air as quite a few faces turn to look upon Plugg where he stands in the foredeck. His face is neutral and unreadable... and he takes in that silence and breathes it while he thinks. There is muffled scuttlebutt from among the crew - talk of how farfetched it would be for falling crates to create so clean a stab wound - and also of unlikely it would be for Scourge's cronies to turn upon one another. Those of your friends among the crew are paralyzed by the opposition at this point - they would be fools to act in the presence of the officers as only defeat and perhaps death lies in that direction.

Finally Plugg speaks "No Mister Scourge... Two deaths aboard is a heavy toll to a ship already undermanned, and the Captain will be wanting to pass judgement on this matter himself. See them secured to the mast with their dead burned friend... I'll speak to Captain Harrigan."

Scourge then nods to Fipps and Aretta who are off to one side to come forward with ropes... for his own he keeps his axe ready and eyes on Cedrick.


Female Tiefling - Oni Spawn Druid(aquatic)/4 - HP 35/35; AC17/19 w/shield, FF15, T12; F+6,R+3,W+8; Per+11; Init+3

Obisyth feels the hatred and deceptive anger of her oni forbearers burning within her, but she controls it.

Soon there will come a time when the evil scum will pay for their acts. Today two paid with their lives. It is only time until the others can be sent to hell or the abyss where they belong.

She simply waits off to the side. Her actions below deck apparently winning her freedom from the lash so far this day. Seeing that Cedrick, Deader and Joneth are only being tied to the mast at present, she returns to her work, but keeps an eye on the boys and if the time arises, casts create water attempting to create a small amount of water in their mouthes or above them so that they will not suffer from the heat of the day and dehydration.

Stealth: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Sovereign Court

M Tiefling (Pit) Barb 5 HP:67/67, - AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Perception: +8(+10)(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +3/W: +2 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 40ft, Init: +4

Nah all going just fine, and according to my plan to be honest. Why'd you think Jape was left alive? :p


Primordial Ooze

For clarity for Cedrick and Joneth - the pause is awaiting compliance with the request to be bound. Depending on whether you acquiesce to the request or not, I'll take it from there

Sovereign Court

M Tiefling (Pit) Barb 5 HP:67/67, - AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Perception: +8(+10)(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +3/W: +2 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 40ft, Init: +4

OK sorry thought it was pretty much decided we were getting bound... which works for me!

"Right you are to bind me up of coure Mr Plugg, at least until you get the truth, but reckon you could send a runner to be fetchin the Captain? I'd be worried there might be a couple more accidents after your departure" Cedrick suggests, with a slight aside glance at Scourge as if to underline the meaning.

Diplomacy 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27


Female Tiefling - Oni Spawn Druid(aquatic)/4 - HP 35/35; AC17/19 w/shield, FF15, T12; F+6,R+3,W+8; Per+11; Init+3

DM VoV:

For future reference. Can I keep the slot that I currently have Dream Feast memorized in as an open slot, that way I can memorize something else if needed, or pray for Dream Feast before bed if I have not used the spell during the day.

Also, if I have not memorized a spell in a slot, can I still use that "empty" slot for spontaneously casting Summon Nature's Ally?


Male Human (Taldan) Magus (Bladebound, Kensai) 4; AC 17, touch 17, flat-footed 10, CMD 20; HP 28/35; AP 4/4; Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +6; Initiative +4; Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 (+2 to both while wielding Morathil)

Having passed his dagger and wrist sheath to Obisyth as soon as he found it convenient to do so, Joneth follows Cedrick's lead, though not without a certain amount of trepidation. For the time being, the rogue keeps quiet, letting Cedrick do the talking; after all, the other tiefling to quite enjoy doing so, while at the same time being good at it.


Primordial Ooze

Cedrick's attempt to speak over Scourge is answered by the knotted end of his cat o' nine being rammed into his cheek. Scourge growls "You thinks you've got a pretty tongue don't you Bootlick... would you like me to cut open yer cheek so everyone can see it?" leaning in and making Cedrick's cheek hot with exhaled fetid breath.

Plugg just smiles and chuckles as he languidly makes his way off the foredeck and towards the captain's cabin. He raps at the door before being called within and closing the door behind him.

Fipps and Aretta see the pair of bilge bandits secured around the mast pressed shoulder to shoulder with Deader where he stands in blackened clothing. The remainder of the crew is ushered to return to some semblance of work... but clearly this is half-hearted and thoughts and eyes remain upon the corpse of Maheem and the three tied up at the mast.

After only a few minutes elapsed, Plugg and Captain Harrigan emerge from his cabin. Harrigan cutting as imposing a figure as when you first saw him that fateful day close to three weeks ago after being pressed to service. His demeanor is black as night and he slowly strides towards the mast with due pomp and gravitas. Scourge and his cronies have sh1t eating grins upon their faces and look veritably eager to see what will come.

Nachni:
Eyes flitting to the horizon momentarily as Harrigan emerges... you spy a silhouette. A three master sitting deep in the water.
Standing orders are to announce any sighting of a vessel immediately and with much gusto ;)

Fish:
Not long now - I'll have an entry point for you shortly


Female Tiefling - Oni Spawn Druid(aquatic)/4 - HP 35/35; AC17/19 w/shield, FF15, T12; F+6,R+3,W+8; Per+11; Init+3

Obisyth returns to work along with the others, but remains vigilant incase Plugg or Scourge attempt something. She also keeps an eye out for anything unusual.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21

She also reaches out as always to Shadow to make sure that he is ok and to find out whether her private scout has any information. He does come by the ship a few times this day, but Obisyth tells him to keep his distance for fear of what the maniacal officers might try to pull.

DM VoV:

Would Shadow have seen the ship and told me?


Stats:
AC 16/12/14 HP 13/21 F+1 R+8 W+3 Init +4 Per+4

Nachni doesn't hesitate in spite of the poor, or perhaps fortunate timing, "Ship ahoy! Three master! Sits deep in the water!"

Sovereign Court

M Tiefling (Pit) Barb 5 HP:67/67, - AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Perception: +8(+10)(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +3/W: +2 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 40ft, Init: +4

Cedrick almost looks crestfallen, his plans to make Scourge look a right t#~# now nixxed by the arrival of a new ship...


Primordial Ooze

Obisyth:
You have not seen Shadow yet today, as the distraction of the fire and resultant kerfuffle have drawn your attention today. Though most times he does draw near in the late afternoon as the sun begins to dip.

No forewarning in this instance - but also remember that you can't 'speak' to Shadow, as you don't have speak with animals memorized. Your bond doesn't allow for full blown communication, only empathic.
Also - the link doesn't allow for you to have a distant bond with Shadow - you'll need to wait till he comes to see you a bit later to get any feedback from him.

Captain Harrigan's approach is halted instantly when he hears the cry from the crow's nest. An animal ferocity fires his eyes and he looks to the aft deck towards Peppery calling for "Glass" and holding a hand out to receive the spyglass that arcs his way soon after. He moves purposefully to the railing and puts his eye to the lens to see what he might see.

After a few long moments he comments "Rahadoumi... lets show the godless bastards hell." before moving up to the aftdeck and the wheel... seemingly having forgotten or ignored the three at the mast for the moment. Scourge and Plugg react quickly to the call of their Captain and begin to bellow orders and get all aboard moving as one. The cronies are more reluctant to move from what might have been a bloodletting... but even they force themselves to resume their tasks.

Once the ship has begun to make a turn and set a pursuit vector, Plugg makes his way to the Captain at the wheel and they begin a hushed conversation with the occasional glance towards the mast...

Sense Motive DC 12:
From the body language you're guessing that what Harrigan has to say is not being viewed favorably by Plugg.


Female Tiefling - Oni Spawn Druid(aquatic)/4 - HP 35/35; AC17/19 w/shield, FF15, T12; F+6,R+3,W+8; Per+11; Init+3

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Obisyth smiles to herself. Interesting, Mr. Plugg and the Captain are not always on the same page. She tucks this away to tell the others when she gets a chance.


Stats:
AC 16/12/14 HP 13/21 F+1 R+8 W+3 Init +4 Per+4

Nachni remains in the nest, calling out the location of the ship and making sure that others do not hide elsewhere on the horizon. She can't resist taking a peek at the main deck to see the results of the confrontation. Being ordered to untie them or something else?
Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Sense Motive 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

Sovereign Court

M Tiefling (Pit) Barb 5 HP:67/67, - AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Perception: +8(+10)(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +3/W: +2 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 40ft, Init: +4

Sense Motive 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Cedrick has no idea what's going on.

[ooc]And there arrives the down swing![/oo]


Female Tiefling - Oni Spawn Druid(aquatic)/4 - HP 35/35; AC17/19 w/shield, FF15, T12; F+6,R+3,W+8; Per+11; Init+3

It was not a real social skill.

Sovereign Court

M Tiefling (Pit) Barb 5 HP:67/67, - AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Perception: +8(+10)(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +3/W: +2 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 40ft, Init: +4

I reckon a natural 1 makes it still count! Just glad there are no crit fails.


Female Tiefling - Oni Spawn Druid(aquatic)/4 - HP 35/35; AC17/19 w/shield, FF15, T12; F+6,R+3,W+8; Per+11; Init+3

Yeh, I hate that there is no auto succeed/fail in skills. In my campaign, I decided to make it so that a 20 gives you a +10, a 19 +3, a 2 -3, and a 1 -10. That way a 1 really hurts even if it is a character with absurd skills (halfling rogues on Stealth for instance) and a 20 give you a decent shot of success even on a tough skill check. Similar to the auto hit/miss on attack rolls. After all, could a pesant really hit a demon with 50+ AC, no a chance in hell, but with a 20 she does.

Sovereign Court

M Tiefling (Pit) Barb 5 HP:67/67, - AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Perception: +8(+10)(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +3/W: +2 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 40ft, Init: +4

My jury is still oot on the +/- 10 concept. That said the auto-20 doesn't bother me as much - sure the peasant just managed to land a rock on the head of a Balor, but that luddite weapon will do 0 damage even when it does hit. The Balor, of course, will be returning the favour about two seconds later, and the results will be markedly different...as I say, dunno - I tend to run with what makes the most 'fun' outcome when I GM. I'm a dyed in the wool 2nd ed style cinematic GM


Primordial Ooze

After a few minutes of conversation, the Captain calls out to the foredeck "Riaris... would you join us" and the grizzled woman responds with an "Aye Cap'n" and begins to make her way aft towards them.

As she joins the discussion there is another heated exchange of hushed conversation, with the gesticulating Plugg seemingly overruled by the calmer words of Harrigan and Riaris. Plugg then seems resigned and moves away from the aft deck and below, muttering dark thoughts and words as he does. Captain Harrigan gives Riaris a nod and she moves to the mast.

Speaking plainly she asks the three interred "So... you feckers want tae live or die?"

Sovereign Court

M Tiefling (Pit) Barb 5 HP:67/67, - AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Perception: +8(+10)(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +3/W: +2 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 40ft, Init: +4

"Of course I'd rather live" Cedrick offers as though this is a trick question...


Primordial Ooze

Note - I'm not pre-empting Joneth or Deader's response, and Riaris will respond in kind if a different answer is given.
Just want to keep the momentum rolling rather than waiting potentially overnight my time.

Riaris nods "Good" moving forward and cutting Cedrick free his bonds and the mast... "Here's the skinny... I'm sticking my bloody neck out for ye turds because you bastards can actually fight not like half the rest o' these pasty swabs. Iffin Plugg had his way ye'd be cut open from nether to heart an used fer shark chum." pointedly turning to where the body of Maheem has been stripped of possessions and turfed over the railing and into the water.

"But the Cap'n loathes to further shorthand himself with a barney in the offing. You feckers follow my orders an show yer good in the thick of blood and sweat... or my neck goes turtle like an I let ye die. Ye do well enough an it gives me stroke to keep ye from the lash - savvy?"

Fish:
Since your escape from the Wormwood, you have been surviving in the deep water, unable to return to land. Though you have not befriended the shiver of sharks that you dwell with... they see you as a kindred spirit and have not yet turned upon you to eat your flesh.

As one, the sharks turn to swim to shallower water and East... you sense the keening emotion of the hunt upon their mind.

Sovereign Court

M Tiefling (Pit) Barb 5 HP:67/67, - AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Perception: +8(+10)(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +3/W: +2 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 40ft, Init: +4

"Well if there's a fight to be had against a pack of godless Rahadoumi then count me in, I might need my axe back, or maybe a good blade though, unless I am set to slay them with my wit and banter? Joneth and Deader likewise."

Diplomacy 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22


Primordial Ooze

"I'll get yer axe... an there'll be weapons passed when we're closer in. But fer now, best ye bend yer blasted backs as we've a fecking chase on."

Sovereign Court

M Tiefling (Pit) Barb 5 HP:67/67, - AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Perception: +8(+10)(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +3/W: +2 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 40ft, Init: +4

Cedrick can barely contain his wolfish smile as he runs to get posted to a station for the chase.


HP 31/31, AC 16, CMD 12, Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +6 Channel 6/6, Death Kiss 5/5 , Web 1/1, Coat 1/1

"So you're saying you just want me to kill some people?" Deader says quizzically. "Sure. I mean, this mast is nice and all, but I wouldn't want to be left here while everyone does all the killing without me."


Male Human (Taldan) Magus (Bladebound, Kensai) 4; AC 17, touch 17, flat-footed 10, CMD 20; HP 28/35; AP 4/4; Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +6; Initiative +4; Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 (+2 to both while wielding Morathil)

Riaris' question hardly poses a difficult dilemma for Joneth, his answer being the same as Cedrick's and Deader's. Once free of his bonds, the rogue takes a moment to quickly seek out Obisyth and retrieve his blade and sheath before moving to wherever Riaris directs him.


Female Tiefling Witch 4, HP 26/26, AC 13/T13/FF10, F/R/W +2/+4/+3, Per -1

DM:
What's this? Fish moves with the sharks to whatever has gotten their attention, using a spell if necessary to keep pace. Keeping with the smaller sharks she asks What do you smell?

Woohoo! I can totally talk to animals, including fish, now!


Primordial Ooze

Fish:
The sharks talk in but rushed and monosyllabic terms as they swim with purpose "Meat... fresh... blood..." and after a few minutes you come upon the source of their attention. A body sinks slowly deeper into the water before jerking raggedly as the sharks slam into it and begin to feed. Through chance more than design you get a good look at the lifeless eyes of the corpse - it holds your gaze for but a moment and you ken it clearly.... it is Maheem, one of those that tormented you aboard the Wormwood.

Shallow now within the water you can see dappled sunlight coming through from the surface. In the distance you make out the clear silhouette of a ship making good time through the waves...

The pursuit of the Rahadoumi vessel is slow and steady, though after an hour or more it becomes clear that the Wormwood is moving the quicker of the two. You are worked hard, but fair, as Harrigan stays on deck to direct every ounce of speed that he can from his ship. The mood aboard the Wormwood is one of burgeoning and growing excitment... all pirates yearn for the chase, but more so for the kill when blood is spilled and metal flashes through the air.

The day wears on to the mid afternoon and just as the shows begin to darken Riaris Krine summons you all to the poop deck. Grimacing she gives you your orders “Righto maggots the wheel's on the aft deck, lying just under the sterncastle. You’re lot are to swing over, kill any bastard there, take the wheel, and kill any other bastard tryin fer the ship’s boats. Don’t fecking move away from there till all the bleedings done, or I'll kill ye meself. Lastly, as we get close, it’s going to get foggy so ye won't be able to see much beyond the arse of the bugger next to ye. Just do as I told ye an ye'll come through sparkling.” before adding as an afterthought "Oh, and Cedrick - you're in charge savvy? Don't mean ye ken slap any of ours about... that's my job... but the rest o' you buggers better do as he says."


Stats:
AC 16/12/14 HP 13/21 F+1 R+8 W+3 Init +4 Per+4

Assuming I'm off crow's nest duty...

Nachni listens to Riaris as she goes through her briefing, raising her eyebrows at the charge for Cedrick to lead. Can't imagine Plugg is going to be happy with that...unless of course this whole assignment is a deathtrap. With a grin full of sharp teeth, she acknowledges the orders, "Aye ma'am."

Once Riaris moves off, Nachni offers, "As long as this doesn't go more than twenty minutes, I can keep three of us in magical communication. I was thinking Obi, Cedrick and myself, but if any of you have other ideas, let me know. Once we get close, watch for my dance to help you stay on your feet. I'll try to help those of you better at up close fighting by tripping some of your foes and I can use my spells to try to keep people away from the boats."


Female Tiefling - Oni Spawn Druid(aquatic)/4 - HP 35/35; AC17/19 w/shield, FF15, T12; F+6,R+3,W+8; Per+11; Init+3

Obisyth listens to the directions: Sounds good. I need to pray for a few minutes and then I should not be hindered by any difficult footing for about 20 minutes. If someone gets injured, I have a little healing ability, but not much.

@DM VoV - I am planning on memorizing Feather Step as long as I have 15 minutes before the attack. This is in the empty slot I mentioned a few days ago - although I never changed it on my sheet as the plan was to be casting Dream Feast each night by praying for it right before going to sleep.

Also, do not worry if I go overboard. Unless there are sharks, I should be able to swim very well as I plan on taking the form of one of those undine fish people. This will also make my blows that much more potent.

We should work as teams. Does anyone have a choice?


Female Tiefling Witch 4, HP 26/26, AC 13/T13/FF10, F/R/W +2/+4/+3, Per -1

DM:
How did you end up here? Is that the Wormwood?[i] Staying clear of the frenzy, Fish follows the outline of the ship.


HP 31/31, AC 16, CMD 12, Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +6 Channel 6/6, Death Kiss 5/5 , Web 1/1, Coat 1/1

"That's a good question." Deader replied. "On this ship, I'm going to go with 'not really'. I suppose you could always choose death. A lot of people seem to have a problem with that though. Never noticed much of a difference, personally."

Clearly, Deader had missed the point of the question.

Sovereign Court

M Tiefling (Pit) Barb 5 HP:67/67, - AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Perception: +8(+10)(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +3/W: +2 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 40ft, Init: +4

"Aye ma'am" Cedrick snaps to attention with precision and poise.

"Alright, we stick as a team, but if we ever have to split then Nachni and Obi work as a pair, and Joneth and I will take Deader. Try stay big though, as winning is about numbers. The more we stick strong the faster we can pick off any of their stragglers. Remember, you dont have to smash the whole hand to make a fist useless, you only need to break a few fingers and the rest of them just become a pain afflicted lump"

"Make our kills and crush their will"

"That communication idea sounds lovely Nachni, lets get that in place"


Male Human (Taldan) Magus (Bladebound, Kensai) 4; AC 17, touch 17, flat-footed 10, CMD 20; HP 28/35; AP 4/4; Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +6; Initiative +4; Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 (+2 to both while wielding Morathil)

"You seem used to both giving and following orders, Cedrick," Joneth points out in a conversational tone, at the same time securing his dagger in its usual place. "The teams sound fine to me. Perhaps we could even make a sport out of it and see who... does the most damage, so to speak."

Whether his last words are meant to be taken seriously or in jest, the tiefling rogue gives no indication.

Sovereign Court

M Tiefling (Pit) Barb 5 HP:67/67, - AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Perception: +8(+10)(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +3/W: +2 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 40ft, Init: +4

"This isn't my first time aboard such a vessel, I may have seen this a time or two before..." Cedrick smiles. "That said Joneth, reckon you might do a spot better than me at this sport, reckon this ain't your first time at this sort of work either"

"Ahoy Riaris, what code we running this under? We taking quarter? Sparing the Officers? or is it every man to the sword? Differences between ships and all that business, Privateer versus Pirate and all that"


Primordial Ooze

It's a long weekend here in Malaysia - so update might now be for a wee while.


Female Tiefling - Oni Spawn Druid(aquatic)/4 - HP 35/35; AC17/19 w/shield, FF15, T12; F+6,R+3,W+8; Per+11; Init+3

No problem, it is not like we are all on the edge of our seats waiting to see how this combat plays out or anything. Lol.


Primordial Ooze

To Cedrick's query Riaris spits into the sea before offering "We are shorter handed than a halfling skiff... but do what ye need to to hold the ground. Take care of business first before you go searching for a new friend."

Soon after she departs you spy Kroop and Grok manhandling a pair of pigs to the top deck, tying them off to a railing. Cut-throat makes for where you cluster "If ye need steel, let me know. Can't have ye fighting empty handed." she waits to hear your requests before heading below to fulfill them.

Everyone can claim one normal weapon from Grok for the fight.

It is late afternoon with the sun starting to descend lower when the ships are getting ever closer when Harrigan abandons the wheel for a few moments and moves to where the pigs lie against the railing. Taking a dagger to the porcine throats, he heaves them into the sea with a cruel grin on his face. Fresh blood in the water is bound to attract the attention of the predators of the deep...

Fish:
You follow behind the sharks for a while, the shadow of the Wormwood drawing slowly closer as you do so. Then the sharks are frenzied further, and you feel their hunger as blood hits their senses. Swarming closer with the sharks you also see a second ship in the near distance, which the Wormwood is drawing nearer to.

Any issues with me narrating your arrival onto the stern of the Rahadoumi ship so you can link up with your previous companions?

Peppery Longfarthing take position at the bow of the Wormwood and rolls up her sleeves, clearly readying herself for sorcerous pursuits. Most of the other pirates take cover and Sandara beckons for you to do so also. The Rahadoumi ship you chase is merely a couple of hundred feet afore you... and quickly closing.

Anyone plan to attempt anything as the ships close? or waiting for things to get close and personal?


Female Tiefling - Oni Spawn Druid(aquatic)/4 - HP 35/35; AC17/19 w/shield, FF15, T12; F+6,R+3,W+8; Per+11; Init+3

A minute or two before the ships are to meet, I cast Feather Step on myself. Then, immediately before the ships meet, I will use my Alter Self and take on the appearance of a muscular undine. (+2 Str and Swim speed if necessary).

I already have my club, so I do not need anything else.

Well all, the time has come to prove ourselves, just make sure that we are the ones walking at the end.

If anyone, Deader?, is using a crossbow, then I will cast Aspect of the Falcon on them.


Stats:
AC 16/12/14 HP 13/21 F+1 R+8 W+3 Init +4 Per+4

"Thanks for the offer Grok. I'll take a rapier if you have one and a short sword otherwise."

Nachni will cast message on herself, Obi and Cedrick once the ships are reasonably close. It will last 20 minutes so trying to get most of that time. Once we get ready to board, she will use a standard action to activate derring-do which will give everyone a +1 morale bonus on Reflex saving throws and a +2 competence bonus on Dexterity-based skill checks. Allies who move at least 10 feet during their turn gain a +1 dodge bonus to their Armor Class until the start of their next turn.


HP 31/31, AC 16, CMD 12, Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +6 Channel 6/6, Death Kiss 5/5 , Web 1/1, Coat 1/1

Deader grins as the crossbow is slapped into his hands. "This might be more fun than a date with the Captain's Daughter."

Sovereign Court

M Tiefling (Pit) Barb 5 HP:67/67, - AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Perception: +8(+10)(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +3/W: +2 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 40ft, Init: +4

"I'm feeling mysteriously lucky today, as though the Gods are with us..."

Happy Talk Like a Pirate Day!


HP 31/31, AC 16, CMD 12, Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +6 Channel 6/6, Death Kiss 5/5 , Web 1/1, Coat 1/1

Deader looks down into the bloody water.

"I sure hope they ain't with us. At least not yet. If they wake up early it's going to be an unlucky day for everybody."

"Ph'nglui Mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn, matey."


Female Tiefling - Oni Spawn Druid(aquatic)/4 - HP 35/35; AC17/19 w/shield, FF15, T12; F+6,R+3,W+8; Per+11; Init+3

Right before we get to the ship, I will cast Aspect of the Falcon on Deader.
Gives: +3 Perception, +1 attack bonus and makes the crossbow crits 19-20/x3 (norm is x2).
Duration 2 minutes.


Primordial Ooze

The vessels draw ever closer and you can start to pick out the Rahadoumi sailors milling across the deck of the quarry... as well as it's name The Man's Promise. Though you duck behind the railing and into cover as the crossbow quarrels start to fly. Distant shouts come wafting along the breeze as do the echoing thumps of ballistae firing... though the bolts lance ineffectually through the rigging of the Wormwood above you.

From the Wormwood itself come coarse shouts from the officers that you've grown to know and loathe. Scourge stands ready with his surviving cronies around him grinning at the thought of coming plunder and blood. Plugg has a leashed Hungry afore him and as you glance backhands the qlippoth spawn and leans close to threaten. Riaris' salty language abounds, telling the less seasoned to "Take feckin cover, or I'll shoot yer arse meself". Fins surface in your wake, sharks clearly attending the blood and flesh spilt into the surf.

Peppery still stands on the bow, insensate to the crossbow bolts aimed for her.. that always seem to veer at the last moment to miss the sorcerer. And just before you on the Poop Captain Harrigan stands legs spread and laughing at the wheel, a fire awoken in his eyes and his face etched with bloodthirsty hunger.

Looking towards your prey you see it swallowed within swirling mists and fog, clouding it from your sight. The urgent shouts and orders from their vessel turn to fearful cries as they lose sight of the predator gracefully sliding through the water to prey upon them.

For clarity:
Message: Nachni, Obisyth, Cedrick
Obisyth: Alter Shape (Undine)
Deader: Aspect of the Falcon
Nachni: Derring-do (1 round used prior to official 'Round 1' of combat
Note: No need to track durations of spells with a duration of 2 minutes or longer.

More to come - just splitting the post to minimise risk of losing stuff ;)


Primordial Ooze

The Wormwood continues it's inexorable advance on the now wallowing Man's Promise that is suffused with the choking clouds of smoke and fog. Captain Harrigan guides it masterfully to slide along the length of the quarry and only kiss wood at the last few moments... however even that occurs with a lurch and squeal as wood grinds past it's pairing. Harrigan then bellows "Get the godless bastards!" and surges off into the dark as sounds of metal on wood, steel on steel and the unmistakable cry of pain as blood is spilt begin to echo around you.

You look across the waters and through the mist to see the stern of the Rahadoumi vessel before you - your given task from Riaris echoing in your ears. Six of the godless heathens stand between you and the fulfillment of your mission...

Mapski
The fog is flavor text at this point in time, and only serves to isolate your little section of the combat from the rest of the boat.
Rather than roll initiative, I would prefer to play this out as a pure us, then them combat - so you'll activate by block and you guys are all up first.

Grappling / Boarding Reminder:
Need an attack roll to hit AC 5, then to cross is either a DC 12 Climb (no take 10 allowed) or a DC 15 Acrobatics to jump (no grapple needed) into Rows C,D and E only.
The other decks sit higher than the Wormwood at this point in time and would be more difficult to ascend onto.
Due to the effort involved in the crossing, you're considered flat footed for that round unless you can make a DC 15 Reflex save.


Primordial Ooze

Fish:
You follow the sharks to find them gorging upon twin pigs that had been sent seaward with slit throats. Choosing to follow the shadows of the Wormwood you come upon it just as it sidles up against the other vessel shadow. Surfacing you see the pirates of the Wormwood begin to make an assault upon the other ship that is shrouded in fog.
You'll join the fight in Round 2 :)


Female Tiefling - Oni Spawn Druid(aquatic)/4 - HP 35/35; AC17/19 w/shield, FF15, T12; F+6,R+3,W+8; Per+11; Init+3

Obisyth also has Feather Step - Duration 20 minutes - in effect.

If possible, my last preparatory action would be to cast Shillelagh immediately before tossing the grapple. Thus, Deader would have 19 rounds of Aspect and I would have 20 rounds of Shillelagh before the grapples are tossed.

Attack-grapple: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Climb: 1d20 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (10) + 8 - 1 = 17

Reflex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

Obisyth sees the boat approace.
May the spirits of nature bless our assault on this heathen ship.

She then tosses her grapple which while terrible looking does just manage to hook onto the side of the ship. She then expertly climbs up and is standing before the surprised enemy before they are prepared.

Move to E8.


Stats:
AC 16/12/14 HP 13/21 F+1 R+8 W+3 Init +4 Per+4

Round 1
Don't forget, you are all getting +1 on Reflex saves, +2 on Dex-based skill checks, and +1 on AC if you move more than 10 feet.

Nachni races across the deck past Joneth and Cedrick and down the stairs. With nary a pause, she hurtles herself across the gap between the ships, vaulting the bow of the Man's small rowboat to land a few feet from Obi. to C8
Acrobatics 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 5 + 2 = 21
Reflex 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 7 + 1 = 22

Status:

Active: Derring-do (2 rounds used), Message
AC 15, touch 15, flat-footed 11. . (+4 Dex, +1 Derring-Do)

701 to 750 of 2,225 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Devil-spawn and Demon-taint: Ship-shape and Bristol Fashion All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.