Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Desna's Chosen

Game Master MythrilDragon


2,901 to 2,950 of 3,991 << first < prev | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | next > last >>

Male Human Fighter 5
Stats:
Hp's: 51/51; AC: 17/14/13; Fort: +5, Ref: +5, Will: +2; Perc: +10; Init: +4

Victor follows after Belril, hoping to spot Nualia and finish her off. "Where is she?!"

Move to J 20.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29

Andoran

HP 57/57, AC- 21 T- 14 FF- 18 CMD- 19, F +6, R +9, W +5, P +10, In +4, AOO +8

I know not... Belril muttered, as he looked around further.

Hard to post map co-ord's but Belril has another 15 feet of movement.

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23 Perception


Evening Day 1 Total earned XP: 13700

Sorry, here is the updated map I should have posted last night.

Andoran

HP 57/57, AC- 21 T- 14 FF- 18 CMD- 19, F +6, R +9, W +5, P +10, In +4, AOO +8

Forward to I20 with 5 feet of movement left.


Evening Day 1 Total earned XP: 13700

Updated to Map

Belril moves father away from the others and sees the fleeing demon woman in the cathedral chamber.

Andoran

HP 57/57, AC- 21 T- 14 FF- 18 CMD- 19, F +6, R +9, W +5, P +10, In +4, AOO +8

Move me one square left to finish movement. Has she had a round on us somehow or something? Seems to have not only healed significantly but also moved 40 feet. Didn't think she'd have had time to spellcast too.

Shes in here! Belril shouted.


Male Human Fighter 5
Stats:
Hp's: 51/51; AC: 17/14/13; Fort: +5, Ref: +5, Will: +2; Perc: +10; Init: +4

Not seeing Victor. I posted he moved to J 20. Is this cool or no?


Evening Day 1 Total earned XP: 13700
Victor Montoya wrote:
Not seeing Victor. I posted he moved to J 20. Is this cool or no?

Yes, just waiting for Belrils action to finish up before adding yours


Evening Day 1 Total earned XP: 13700

As Belril chases after Naulia, Victor follows closely behind. Amekio coughs as her voice gives out ending her inspiring song. Tsuto turns and goes away disappearing from the doorway at the top of the stairs.

Sophy up to end the round, No more benefits from the Inspire Courage bard ability.

MAP UPDATE


Evening Day 1 Total earned XP: 13700
Belril Leokas wrote:

Move me one square left to finish movement. Has she had a round on us somehow or something? Seems to have not only healed significantly but also moved 40 feet. Didn't think she'd have had time to spellcast too.

With out giving to much away I will just say Free Action.


Female Human Lore Oracle 5

Sophy is still holding Orik's sword for him to take from her hand, so will delay until just after his initiative.

"Ameiko!" Sophy calls. "The stairs are clear! Quick, let's go!"


Evening Day 1 Total earned XP: 13700

Sophy hold Orik's sword out for him making it ready for him to grab.

End of Round

Round 14
Init: Nualia, Eponine, Orik, Wren, Kern, Belril, Victor, Ameiko, Tsuto, Sophy.

Nualia races around the corner and disappears from Belril and Victors sight. Eponine is alone in the prison cell chamber.

Map

Eponine is up

DM Screen:

2d8 + 3 ⇒ (3, 8) + 3 = 14

Andoran

HP 57/57, AC- 21 T- 14 FF- 18 CMD- 19, F +6, R +9, W +5, P +10, In +4, AOO +8

Which direction? Which corner?


Evening Day 1 Total earned XP: 13700
Belril Leokas wrote:
Which direction? Which corner?

She went away from you 10' then turned left and disappeared from view. Map before she moved to help you see where she went.


Elven Rogue 3/Ranger (Guide) 1/Wizard (Diviner, Foresight) 1 HPs 39/39 AC 17 FF 13 T 14 CMD 17 Fort +6 Ref +9 Will +4 Init +5 Per +10 (+1 vs. traps, +2 w/familiar)

Eponine will pick up her curved blade and move to M20.


Evening Day 1 Total earned XP: 13700

Eponine snatches up her sword and quickly runs back into the entry hall, then darts north after Belril and Victor. Orik shakes his head, reaches back and grabs his blade roughly out of Sophy's hands and lurches upstairs chasing after the half elf.


AC 13, HP 34/34; F+3, R+3, W+5, Per+4, Init.+2, AoO+2

Wren glances around to make sure that Ameiko is coming, and being satisfied she was moving, took the opportunity to get out of the damned stairwell.


Female Human Lore Oracle 5

Up or down, Wren?

As soon as Orik takes the sword from Sophy's hands, she follows him and waits at the top of the stairs to make sure Ameiko makes it up safely. As the Tien woman passes her, she reaches out a comforting hand to give her strength.

Move to the first square at the top of the stairs on the main floor; ready an action to cast cure light wounds on Ameiko when she gets in range 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
AC 14; hp 11/30
effects: light on crossbow, fatigued

Assuming Ameiko comes up the stairs so her ready triggers, Sophy's init will shift to between Victor and Ameiko.


AC 13, HP 34/34; F+3, R+3, W+5, Per+4, Init.+2, AoO+2

Sorry...I'm heading up and out, not back into the jail cells.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Fighter (Weapon Master) 5

Kern glances towards the prison cells, tempted to go retrieve his flail. He doesn't want to fall behind the others though, so hurries down the hall after Victor and Belril.

Double move to I20.


Evening Day 1 Total earned XP: 13700

Sophy hurries up the stairs following Orik, but stops and turns to wait for Ameiko to make it to the top. Wren comes up next, and slides past the healer. Kern glances towards where his flail was, but opts to chase after Victor and Belril.

Upstairs Map

Downstairs Map

Belril and Victor are up...

Andoran

HP 57/57, AC- 21 T- 14 FF- 18 CMD- 19, F +6, R +9, W +5, P +10, In +4, AOO +8

Belril looks frustrated as Eponine joins them.

We're following her in circles like this. Eponine, Victor, go back towards the cells. Kern, your with me. We'll trap her between us.

Single move to I15, holding my standard till I know what Belril sees.

Sophy, Wren! Stop hiding and come play hunt the demon-armed b&+@+ with us!

Don't think IC, Belril actually knows your in a fight up there.


Male Human Fighter 5
Stats:
Hp's: 51/51; AC: 17/14/13; Fort: +5, Ref: +5, Will: +2; Perc: +10; Init: +4

"Good idea. She will not escape us much longer." Victor turns and heads back toward the cells.

Double move to N 16. I can't remember for the life of me if she used the door at M 13 or not. Would hate to go through that door which leads to stairs that go to "somewhere where no one is-ville".


Evening Day 1 Total earned XP: 13700

Belril hustles into the sanctuary and sees the demon armed woman pressed against the wall next to the closed door that leads back to the prison cells. Victor spins about and heads back the other way hoping to cut her off.

Yes, Belril was holding that door (between M & N 13) against her before and the Yeth Hounds came through there as well. There is a low staircase in between the two doors to account for the raised dais in the sanctuary.

I went ahead and moved Victor since his action doesn't affect anything but I will wait for Belril to complete his standard action before moving on with the INT order. Are you sure Belril dosn't know about the upstairs fight, wasn't he holding the door while they were trying to get through? I haven't looked back at the thread to check.

Update to Map

Andoran

HP 57/57, AC- 21 T- 14 FF- 18 CMD- 19, F +6, R +9, W +5, P +10, In +4, AOO +8

I guess he doesn't know the details but hes aware something was happening up there.

Shes here! Belril called, sending a sling bullet at the demon-armed woman.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Evening Day 1 Total earned XP: 13700

Belril's stone catches the demon-armed woman on the shoulder. Ameiko half stumbles, half crawls up the stairs to collapse at Sohpy's feet. Sophy kneels down and touches her letting a wave a healing warmth flood through the inn keeper's body. Ameiko looks up at her and weakly says, "Thank you."

In the entry room of the stockade, Orik is struck in the back by an arrow the streaks through the open door behind him.

Tsuto vs Orik 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23 Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

End of Round 14/Begin Round 15
Init: Nualia, Eponine, Orik, Wren, Kern, Belril, Victor, Ameiko, Sophy, Tsuto.

Nualia darts at Belril and slashes at the halfling with her bastard sword. With a grunt she lands a devastating blow on the the little man's shoulder.

Nualia moves L13 - J14
Nualia vs Belril 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28 Damage 10 + 8 = 18

Eponine is up...
Lower Level Map

Upper Level Map

Andoran

HP 57/57, AC- 21 T- 14 FF- 18 CMD- 19, F +6, R +9, W +5, P +10, In +4, AOO +8

Regardless of whatever damage it ends up being (see OOC) I don't think it will affect Belril's action so i'll post for round 15.

Round 15-

Bleeding profusely after a howl of pain from a powerful sword blow that almost cut right through his shoulder, Belril fought for space, spinning away from the melee on his heel while simultaneously reloading his sling- firing two more sling stones at Nualia from point-blank range, dancing away from her sword.

His first stone glanced from her breastplate but Belril was quick to take the smug smile from her face as his second slingstone threatened to crack her forehead open.

5 foot to I16 to get Belril out of melee, then full attack action with rapid shot.

1d20 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 2 + 4 = 21 Check to negate fatigue (success).

Slingshot 1-

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 Miss
1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Slingshot 2-

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 Hit + Crit threat
1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 7 + 1 = 22 Crit confirm roll (1 higher due to Low Blow)
3d6 + 9 ⇒ (3, 6, 6) + 9 = 24 Critical Damage if 22 confirms (I think I hit her with 20 earlier so suspect it does, otherwise 6 damage.

All rolls include all relevant modifiers. From the HP bar difference from 3 damage last round, I think I took her down. Assuming she survives Kern and Eponine of course.


Evening Day 1 Total earned XP: 13700

Sorry, here is a corrected re-roll for Belril's Damage 1d10 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11 If my math is correct that leaves him with 10 hp. I updated my map but and it will be reflected the next time I post an update. Don't forget Eponine, Wren, and Kern all act before Belril, but I will keep this action once they post unless you opt to change based on what they do.

Andoran

HP 57/57, AC- 21 T- 14 FF- 18 CMD- 19, F +6, R +9, W +5, P +10, In +4, AOO +8

I didn't forget, hence "assuming she survives Kern and Eponine of course". Yup, 10HP left.


Elven Rogue 3/Ranger (Guide) 1/Wizard (Diviner, Foresight) 1 HPs 39/39 AC 17 FF 13 T 14 CMD 17 Fort +6 Ref +9 Will +4 Init +5 Per +10 (+1 vs. traps, +2 w/familiar)

Eponine rushes up to the door with the sounds of fighting coming from it. Seeing Belril's confrontation raging on, Eponine moves to join the engagement and distract her for Kern.

Double move to I13 by moving around behind Belril.


Evening Day 1 Total earned XP: 13700

Eponine circles around behind her halfling companion, a combatant's stare affixed on her face as she edges in close to Nualia. As the elf steps close, the demon tainted woman lashes out at her with her long bladed sword. Eponine attempt to attract their enemies attention works, but it finds her on the bloody end of Nualia's blade. Eponine spits blood and collapses to the ground, crimson spilling out from the wound in her belly.

AoO vs Eponine 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25 Damage 1d10 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Check my Math, I think that has you at -9 hp


Female Human Lore Oracle 5

Are you sure Nualia gets an AoO when Eponine is moving behind Belril, DM? Looks like she has the movement to move H 17-14 before stepping forward to I 13.


Evening Day 1 Total earned XP: 13700
Sophy Cassell wrote:
Are you sure Nualia gets an AoO when Eponine is moving behind Belril, DM? Looks like she has the movement to move H 17-14 before stepping forward to I 13.

DOOH!!! I goofed it, which is why making the post felt supper odd to me. I figured Eponine wouldn't purposely go in to harms way, but I read the "distract her for Kern" as her drawing the AoO away from him for some reason. AoO's only apply for exiting and I was applying it for entering the threatened square. Forget the attack, she is not eligible for one and Eponine is still up and alive with 9 hp.

Correted Map after Eponine's move action


AC 13, HP 34/34; F+3, R+3, W+5, Per+4, Init.+2, AoO+2

I think Orik is up, correct?]


Evening Day 1 Total earned XP: 13700

Orik turns, flings himself towards the courtyard door and slams it shut shouting, "Get her out of here! We need to go now!"

Upstairs Map

Andoran

HP 57/57, AC- 21 T- 14 FF- 18 CMD- 19, F +6, R +9, W +5, P +10, In +4, AOO +8

I swear, that man takes a sadistic pleasure in shutting doors. It seems to be his calling. I want to employ him to shut doors for us in dungeons.


Elven Rogue 3/Ranger (Guide) 1/Wizard (Diviner, Foresight) 1 HPs 39/39 AC 17 FF 13 T 14 CMD 17 Fort +6 Ref +9 Will +4 Init +5 Per +10 (+1 vs. traps, +2 w/familiar)

Sorry, I should have been more clear and provided coordinates for her movement. My intent was to keep Belril between Eponine and Nualia. The fluff about distracting her for Kern was implying a set up to flank.


AC 13, HP 34/34; F+3, R+3, W+5, Per+4, Init.+2, AoO+2

Wren runs after Orik, heading for the nearest exit.

Wren doesn't know what's going on downstairs, but she knows enough to get the heck out of dodge, so to speak.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Fighter (Weapon Master) 5

Kern rushes forward, sword raised and brings it down at Nualia.

Charge to J15, Power Attack, using sword two-handed, fatigued: 1d20 + 8 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 8 + 2 - 2 = 10
Damage: 1d8 + 5 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 6 = 17

AC 14; HP 23/45

Andoran

HP 57/57, AC- 21 T- 14 FF- 18 CMD- 19, F +6, R +9, W +5, P +10, In +4, AOO +8

Even with the -4 penalty for these two being in melee with her, pretty sure AC18 still confirms (was hitting on 16 earlier).

Also- "A fatigued character can neither run nor charge".


Male Human (Chelaxian) Fighter (Weapon Master) 5
Belril Leokas wrote:
Also- "A fatigued character can neither run nor charge".

Oops. You're right. In that case, Kern just moves up to her, but can't attack because it's 5 feet too far. Alas. Oh well, he gains his 2 points of AC back.

AC 16; HP 23/45


Evening Day 1 Total earned XP: 13700

Wren darts across the first room of the stockade and out into the sunlight. The pile of dead is already beginning to offer up a foul aroma.

Kern hefts his sword and maneuvers his way into the cathedral getting closer to his foe.

Belril fires his sling once, the bullet soaring high and bounces off the stone ceiling. Then he rears back and slings another bullet that streaks the short distance from his hands to Nualia's forehead. Her eyes roll back and she falls straight back to the floor, her blade clanging on the floor.

Wren moved to W27
Kern moved to J16

Victor then Sophy are up...

Upstairs Map

Downstairs Map


Male Human Fighter 5
Stats:
Hp's: 51/51; AC: 17/14/13; Fort: +5, Ref: +5, Will: +2; Perc: +10; Init: +4

Move to M 12 and open door.


Female Human Lore Oracle 5

"Ameiko, quickly, follow Wren!" Sophy urges the tavernkeeper, pointing her to the door with sunlight streaming in. Then she moves over behind Orik, drawing her dagger as she nods up to him bravely. "I won't leave you alone in here. I'll keep you on your feet." She considers a moment, then adds, "But if you say run, I'll run with you." She offers him a weak smile.

Move to S 25, drawing dagger; Ready action to move out the door if Orik calls a retreat
AC 14; hp 11/30
effects: light on crossbow, fatigued

Andoran

HP 57/57, AC- 21 T- 14 FF- 18 CMD- 19, F +6, R +9, W +5, P +10, In +4, AOO +8

WOOHOO! WHO DA HALFLING? Just a minor gripe, Belril should be in I16 due to the 5 foot step. Is she dead or dying? Do I need a check to tell?


Evening Day 1 Total earned XP: 13700
Belril Leokas wrote:
WOOHOO! WHO DA HALFLING? Just a minor gripe, Belril should be in I16 due to the 5 foot step. Is she dead or dying? Do I need a check to tell?

Opps, sorry forgot to move you on the map...fixed it. She is dying


Evening Day 1 Total earned XP: 13700

Victor double strides up the short flight of steps and sees Eponine standing over the demon armed woman who lies flat upon her back.

Sophy summons up some courage and moves to back Orik in his fight against Tsuto, but is ready to flee should the warrior get the hint.

With some new strength due to the healing, Ameiko quickly follows after Wren, "Yes, we need to get out of this wretched place."

Ameiko moves to V26

End of Round; Begin Round 16
Init: Eponine, Orik, Wren, Kern, Belril, Victor, Ameiko, Sophy, Tsuto.

Eponine is up

Andoran

HP 57/57, AC- 21 T- 14 FF- 18 CMD- 19, F +6, R +9, W +5, P +10, In +4, AOO +8

Barely able to stand and leaning heavily on his sling staff, Belril said to Kern and Eponine-

Get after the others. I'll finish up here.


Male Human Fighter 5
Stats:
Hp's: 51/51; AC: 17/14/13; Fort: +5, Ref: +5, Will: +2; Perc: +10; Init: +4

Seeing Nualia lying flat on the ground, "Is she dead?"

Andoran

HP 57/57, AC- 21 T- 14 FF- 18 CMD- 19, F +6, R +9, W +5, P +10, In +4, AOO +8

She will be. Go, your faster than me anyway.

2,901 to 2,950 of 3,991 << first < prev | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Desna's Chosen All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.