Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Desna's Chosen

Game Master MythrilDragon


2,301 to 2,350 of 3,991 << first < prev | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | next > last >>

Male Human Fighter 5
Stats:
Hp's: 51/51; AC: 17/14/13; Fort: +5, Ref: +5, Will: +2; Perc: +10; Init: +4

Victor thoughtlessly reaches for his sword but stops midway, looks up at Wren with a confused look on his face. Leaning over and whispering to Kern, "Hey Kern, am I suppose to kill it? Or is Wren just slightly irritated? My mind tells me it is both, but I have learned not to trust my mind."


Female Human Lore Oracle 5

"No, Victor," Sophy replies firmly, not taking her eyes off Wren. "Let Wren use one of her spells to kill it -- one she won't have later when we're fighting for our lives."

Of course, Wren could actually just cantrip it to death and not waste any resources, but Sophy thinks she's making a point. :)


Male Human Fighter 5
Stats:
Hp's: 51/51; AC: 17/14/13; Fort: +5, Ref: +5, Will: +2; Perc: +10; Init: +4

Victor moves his eyes from Sophy to Wren, Wren to Sophy, and begins to slowly and nonchalantly start backing away.


Elven Rogue 3/Ranger (Guide) 1/Wizard (Diviner, Foresight) 1 HPs 39/39 AC 17 FF 13 T 14 CMD 17 Fort +6 Ref +9 Will +4 Init +5 Per +10 (+1 vs. traps, +2 w/familiar)

Let's kill it and move on. We have been delayed far too long as it is. We'll search this whole place and kill every goblinoid we come across.

Andoran

HP 57/57, AC- 21 T- 14 FF- 18 CMD- 19, F +6, R +9, W +5, P +10, In +4, AOO +8
Wren Chavali wrote:
"We've been on her damn trail for days now, while you were out doing who knows what. Taking five minutes to get a lead as to her direction, in this cavern which continually doubles back on itself, is worth it. If you just can't wait, run ahead. We'll follow your screams in just a bit,"Wren says coldly.

Belril sneers down at Wren, or at least looks like he is trying very hard to. His height isn't helping the image.

Feh, the only screams you are likely to hear from me are screams of frustration, madam, at the cowardice you are showing! While you were spending days failing to liberate yonder glassworks, I was keeping Sandpoint safe with Shaleul! I, learned wizard, can wait five minutes while you conduct your questioning. But if Ameiko is a prisoner of these wretches, I'll not condone her capture and hasten her captors escape while this wretched creature spins lies for you; not unless I have no other choice left!

At Eponine's clear statement, Belril pats her approvingly on the back, shamelessly and rather blatantly trying to round the group on the cautious evoker.

Well said ma'am! Let it never be said that the Elves did not speak wisdom in matters of goblinoids. And don't worry Sophy dear, nary a blow was landed on Belril the Nimble. But your wise sentiment is no doubt most reassuring for Mighty Kern; for although his flail struck hefty blows and fear into the hearts of his goblin foes, he was wounded in return for his valiant efforts beside me in battle.

Sorry Gerald, I respect you too much to have Belril pull punches. Feel free to resort to glitterdust on him ;).


Evening Day 1 Total earned XP: 13700

The late hour and long day are showing in the short tempers of the companions as they debate the next course of action. Kern and Sophy remain neutral on the point of pressing on or holding up. That leaves only Wren arguing for staying to question the goblin and study the items Victor liberated from the dead. While Eponine and Victor, who was easily swayed from Wren's point of view, agree with Belril that pushing on to find Ameiko is critical. It seems Belril may be the only one that realizes one of the goblins got away during the skirmish.

Belril leads the party through the thicket tunnel north, away from the firepelt and goblin druid's lair. The roof of the tunnel starts to ease it's squeeze on the taller members of the group and soon you can see the stars and moon of the night air as Belril emerges from the ticket tunnel, the others just inside it behind him.

Before you is a rope bridge that spans the gulf between the cliff you are on and a roundish, flat-topped island sixty some feet to the north. In the high moonlight you can tell that thick patches of nettles and briars grow here and there atop the island, but its most impressive feature is a wooden one-story stockade. The doors of the stockeade are closed and there is no obvious activity on the island. Two thirty-foot-tall watchtowers guard the stockade’s southern facade. The rope bridge itself is made of hairy rope and thick wooden planks; the whole thing creaks and sways in the wind above the churning surf eighty feet below.

This must be the goblin liar Thistletop.

View of the Island Map

Unless someone dispatches him the last goblin remains tied, gagged, and unconscious in the kennel area of the thicket.

Wren:

You are able to see that cloak, armor, wand, and all the vials emanate the glow of magic. However, due to the group pressing on with haste you only have time to study one of the auras in greater detail. It is clear to you that the wand has a faint aura of evocation power, probably something to do with fire.


AC 13, HP 34/34; F+3, R+3, W+5, Per+4, Init.+2, AoO+2

"An excellent job keeping Sandpoint safe you did, Belril. If it weren't for you, there might have been 4 or 5 more goblins joining the dozens storming the town, which we fought off, mind you. Well done!" But the argument had turned against Wren's position. She dispatched the goblin with a couple of her trusty cantrips, preferring that to leaving it to starve while being tied up.

She fell in line behind the group as they continued their forced march. She made sure the group carried the magical gear with them, while she kept the wand, knowing that with its aura, she could crack it sooner than later.

LOL, AK. Don't worry about it. As cantankerous as Wren is, I fully expect her to take her share of lumps too.

Andoran

HP 57/57, AC- 21 T- 14 FF- 18 CMD- 19, F +6, R +9, W +5, P +10, In +4, AOO +8

Belril only smirks at Wren's words, seeing them as he would a grumbling child's complaints when forced to go for a walk.

Bitter words of defeat from a vanquished foe. Fall in line young lady, you have many years of life left before you need be so grumpy. No wonder people don't trust magic.

Hmm... I'm not certain that bridge will be sturdy enough for us all to cross at once. But if Ameiko is inside, mere walls will not prevent her rescue.


AC 13, HP 34/34; F+3, R+3, W+5, Per+4, Init.+2, AoO+2

Go jump up and down on it...test it for us really well, Belril, the petulant mage thinks to herself, still not forgetting the earlier incident. She was exhausted, and her temper, dark on the best of days, was worse than normal.

Andoran

HP 57/57, AC- 21 T- 14 FF- 18 CMD- 19, F +6, R +9, W +5, P +10, In +4, AOO +8

Belril studies the area carefully, as well as examining the rope bridge for signs of the crossing being treacherous.

Take 10 on perception for 19.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Fighter (Weapon Master) 5

Kern remains quiet throughout the arguments, not wanting to anger either side (and possibly angering both). The most he does is rub his eyes to fight off tiredness. After Wren kills the goblin, he retrieves the rope he used to tie it up.

By the bridge, he takes a moment to peer over the cliff at the surf below. "That's definitely a fall none of us wants to make," he responds to Belril's comment. "Maybe we should try crossing one at a time. We'll be terribly exposed though if the goblins come at us while we're trying to cross."

Andoran

HP 57/57, AC- 21 T- 14 FF- 18 CMD- 19, F +6, R +9, W +5, P +10, In +4, AOO +8

Belril "mmm's" in agreement with Kern, nodding sagely.

Logically, it will hold my weight if it holds a goblins. I'd suggest I sprint quickly across first and leap into the undergrowth, warsling ready. Then Kern can cross, followed by Eponine, Sophy and Wren in that order while Victor can cover their crossing with his bow and I with my sling if they spot us. Knowing goblins like I do, the vermin are probably not watching the bridge particularly carefully.


Evening Day 1 Total earned XP: 13700

After Belril studies the rope bridge for close to ten minutes he concludes that it is a rope bridge, poorly tied up by goblins, but tied securely none the less.

After conferring with Kern, the halfling sprints across the bridge trusting the goblins will not have the discipline to keep watch. The bridge sways from his charge across causing the wood planks to creak loudly.

Once on the other side, he dives into the bushes concealing himself from view of the stockade.

Belril could you give me a stealth check please.

Map Update; Belril crossed


Male Human (Chelaxian) Fighter (Weapon Master) 5

Once Belril is across and concealed, Kern steps onto the bridge and begins to cross. He moves as quickly as he feels it is safe to do (i.e. as fast as he can without having to make any checks).

Andoran

HP 57/57, AC- 21 T- 14 FF- 18 CMD- 19, F +6, R +9, W +5, P +10, In +4, AOO +8

DM, taking 10 doesn't take ten times as long, thats take 20. Its a common mistake for some reason.

I'd like to take 10 again on the stealth check but if thats not possible use this roll-

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19


Evening Day 1 Total earned XP: 13700
Belril Leokas wrote:
DM, taking 10 doesn't take ten times as long, thats take 20. Its a common mistake for some reason.

You are correct so Belril studies the bridge for a few moments not ten min. before dashing across.

I will update again after everyone tells me the order they cross and how they cross.


Female Human Lore Oracle 5

Don't know if taking 10 will even work for Sophy; that's only a total of 12. She has no objection to Belril's proposed order and will follow Eponine over unless someone else objects.

Stepping onto the swinging bridge, Sophy can't decide if the darkness which prevents her from seeing the sea below is a good thing or a bad one. She feels very vulnerable, crossing with the glowing crossbow at her belt, all lit up for target practice; her sole consolation is the hope that goblins don't have any ranged weapons that can shoot accurately across such a distance.

Light is not dismissable, so unless the crossing happens to coincide with her every-forty-minutes recasting time, she can't turn off the crossbow.


AC 13, HP 34/34; F+3, R+3, W+5, Per+4, Init.+2, AoO+2

Wren does as instructed as well. This is outside her comfort zone.


Male Human Fighter 5
Stats:
Hp's: 51/51; AC: 17/14/13; Fort: +5, Ref: +5, Will: +2; Perc: +10; Init: +4

Victor chuckles as Belril makes his way across. "I like that little guy. He is full of fire." Looking at Wren, Victor deems she seems a bit worse for wear. "Almost as much as you, Miss Wren." He says with a smile as he waits for her to cross before he follows.


AC 13, HP 34/34; F+3, R+3, W+5, Per+4, Init.+2, AoO+2

Wren opens her mouth surely to point out one of Victor's many flaws. Without uttering a word, she closes her mouth and shakes her head, muttering under her breath. If Victoe listens closely, he can hear a "thank you" hidden in there between expletives.


Elven Rogue 3/Ranger (Guide) 1/Wizard (Diviner, Foresight) 1 HPs 39/39 AC 17 FF 13 T 14 CMD 17 Fort +6 Ref +9 Will +4 Init +5 Per +10 (+1 vs. traps, +2 w/familiar)

Eponine will cross quickly, trying to stay out of the crossfire.

Stealth 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19
Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

RPG Superstar 2008 Top 16

Taking the halfling's lead you each start to cross the bridge one at a time. Kern and Eponine quickly cross over the bridge.

Sophy starts across next, worried that her glowing crossbow will single her out as a target. When she gets to the midpoint of the swaying bridge three goblins pop up behind the tower wall of the eastern tower armed with short bows.

Surprise Round

Comparing PC Perception Take 10 to Goblin Stealth Take 10 the following characters can act in the surprise round: Victor. Everyone please roll Initiative, Victor please declare your surprise round action.

Goblin Archers Initiative 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Goblins Attack Map

DM SCREEN:

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19


Female Human Lore Oracle 5

Initiative 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25


AC 13, HP 34/34; F+3, R+3, W+5, Per+4, Init.+2, AoO+2

Init 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Male Human (Chelaxian) Fighter (Weapon Master) 5

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

"Blast," Kern mutters as the goblins appear.


Male Human Fighter 5
Stats:
Hp's: 51/51; AC: 17/14/13; Fort: +5, Ref: +5, Will: +2; Perc: +10; Init: +4

Intiative: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

"Nooo." Victor notices the goblins and looks back over the bridge to see where Sophy stands alone. As panic sets in, Victor does the only thing he can do; he nocks and arrow and fires.

My range is 105'. It looks to be about 85 to 90 feet away.

Longbow w/DA: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Damage W/DA: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

AC 17; Hp's 27


Elven Rogue 3/Ranger (Guide) 1/Wizard (Diviner, Foresight) 1 HPs 39/39 AC 17 FF 13 T 14 CMD 17 Fort +6 Ref +9 Will +4 Init +5 Per +10 (+1 vs. traps, +2 w/familiar)

Initiative 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Seeing the goblins emerge while Sophy is on the bridge, Eponine lets out a string of curses in elven.


Evening Day 1 Total earned XP: 13700

Belril Init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Order of Action: Goblin Archers, Sophy, Victor, Eponine, Belril, Kern, Wren.

Surprise Round

The Goblins take aim and fire, one each at Eponine, Kern, and Sophy. An arrow bounces off Kern's armor, but Eponine and Sophy are not so lucky. Victor responds by shooting his own arrow, striking the goblin on the end in the head despite the cover the tower walls gives them.

Goblin 13 vs Eponine (flat-footed) 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21 Damage 1d4 ⇒ 1
Goblin 14 vs Kern (flat-footed) 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Goblin 3 vs Sophy (flat-footed) 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 Damage 1d4 ⇒ 3

Round 1

Two of the goblins squeal in delight and fire again at Eponine and Kern. The third screeches in pain and shifts his aim, targeting Victor on the cliff side. Kern is not so lucky this time and both he and Eponine are struck. Victor is to far away for the goblin's arrow to reach him and it plummets to the crashing surf below.

Goblin 13 vs Eponine (flat-footed) 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 Damage 1d4 ⇒ 1
Goblin 14 vs Kern (flat-footed) 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 Damage 1d4 ⇒ 3
Goblin 3 vs Victor 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 - 4 = 10

Update to Map

Sophy, Victor, Eponine, Belril you are up

Andoran

HP 57/57, AC- 21 T- 14 FF- 18 CMD- 19, F +6, R +9, W +5, P +10, In +4, AOO +8

Belril moves from cover to cover to X31, attempting to remain hidden. Once there, he launches a sling bullet from his position, revealing himself as a target in the process- he aims his surprise attack on the goblin Victor struck if he isn't incapacitated by the time Belril acts.

Return fire!

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16 Stealth (bear in mind -1 on perception checks for every ten feet between us)

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20 VS Flat-footed unless goblin spots Belril.
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Female Human Lore Oracle 5

Not that it matters, since she wasn't targeted in Round 1, but Sophy should have acted before the goblins since her initiative modifier is higher than theirs (+8 vs. +6).

The arrow pierces Sophy's flesh before she is even aware of the goblin archers. She flinches in surprise, throwing up her arm defensively and letting out a cry of pain and alarm that turns into a shuddering gasp as the rickety bridge swings creakily beneath her feet. She moves carefully to the far side of the bridge, so focussed on keeping the bridge still that she barely notices the faintly-glowing rainbow-tinted bubble that has come into being protectively around her.

cast entropic shield; move to Z 29

AC 15; hp 20/30
effects: light on crossbow
entropic shield : 20% miss chance to ranged attacks for 4 minutes


Evening Day 1 Total earned XP: 13700
Sophy Cassell wrote:

Not that it matters, since she wasn't targeted in Round 1, but Sophy should have acted before the goblins since her initiative modifier is higher than theirs (+8 vs. +6).

I will switch that for future rounds. I was operating on the thought that ties were broken by who had the higher DEX score which I think is a hold over from an older version of the game.


Male Human Fighter 5
Stats:
Hp's: 51/51; AC: 17/14/13; Fort: +5, Ref: +5, Will: +2; Perc: +10; Init: +4

I acutally thought it was dexterity score as well. Didn't realize it changed. Hm.

"Ha! I got you, you little bugger!" Victor revels in the shot as he heads across the bridge attempting to draw the goblins fire. "HERE I AM YOU STUPID BUGGERS! LET'S SEE IF YOU CAN HIT ME!" He yells as he fires again.

Move 30' across bridge. I think AE 33, but it's hard to tell. As far as 30' will take me, anyway. :) Attacking same one.

Longbow w/DA: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Damage w/DA: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

AC 17; Hp's 27


AC 13, HP 34/34; F+3, R+3, W+5, Per+4, Init.+2, AoO+2

Wren targets the closest goblin she can get a bead on and sends a Force Missle flying toward it.

1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Elven Rogue 3/Ranger (Guide) 1/Wizard (Diviner, Foresight) 1 HPs 39/39 AC 17 FF 13 T 14 CMD 17 Fort +6 Ref +9 Will +4 Init +5 Per +10 (+1 vs. traps, +2 w/familiar)

Eponine will drop her blade, ready her crossbow and cast Shield on herself.

Hit points 17/24, Armor Class 21. Shield.


Evening Day 1 Total earned XP: 13700

Sophy is wrapped in an aura of multicolored hues as she runs to the end of the bridge as the goblins on the wall take their shots. Victor runs out onto the bridge tryinging to draw their fire. He takes aim and shoots at the goblin he has already struck once. The arrow streaks across the gap and into the goblins eye and plunging deep into its brain. Eponine lets her curved blade drop to the thick coarse grass atop the island as she pulls out her ranged weapon, as she does she summons herself some magical protection. Belril sneaks across the path taking a position below the goblin archers. Taking aim he fires a stone striking the next goblin in line square in the face.

The doors to the stockade are pushed open by two small goblins as more rush out of from within. One advances on Eponine and takes a swing at her with his dogslicer, but her magical shield prevents the blow. Another rushes at Belril's backside, slashing the halfling.

From behind the emerging goblins four goblin dog's come pouring out of the darkness inside the stockade. The first goes after Belril, nipping harmlessly at the halfings heels. Two more rush up in front of Eponine and Kern, both snapping their jaws at the fighter. One scores nasty bite. A fourth one steaks straight for Eponine pushing past the goblin that just missed her and takes a bite out of her.

Other goblins can be seen coming out of the shadows of the stockade.

Goblin 7 vs Eponine 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Goblin 8 vs Belril 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21 Damage 1d4 ⇒ 1
Goblin 8 Critical check 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19 miss chance

Goblin dog 1 vs Belril 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Goblin dog 2 vs Kern 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Goblin dog 3 vs Kern 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22 Damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 Kern needs to make a DC: 12 FOR Save
Goblin dog 3 Critical check 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 miss chance
Goblin dog 4 vs Eponine 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21 Damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 Eponine needs to make a DC: 12 FOR Save

Mid Round Map

Wren and Kern to end the round; Wren to you want to be more specific on your action after the goblins and goblin dogs move?


Male Human (Chelaxian) Fighter (Weapon Master) 5

Fortitude: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
I took the liberty of looking up the results of the failed save. -2 to Dex and Cha for one day. That drops his AC to 16.

Kern stumbles back from the arrow that hits him and then again as the goblin dog pounces on him. With a groan, he raises his flail and swings down at the dog.

Heavy flail, Power Attack: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 10 - 2 = 14
Damage: 1d10 + 9 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 9 + 6 = 23

AC 16; HP 22/45


AC 13, HP 34/34; F+3, R+3, W+5, Per+4, Init.+2, AoO+2

Looks like the ground troops need the focus now. Wrens best line of sight is actually the goblin threatening Belril. She'll blast that one.


Female Human Lore Oracle 5

I assume it's back to Sophy at the top of the round?

Sophy finds herself trapped at the precarious edge of the cliff, the front lines of the battle in front of her and the creaking bridge behind her. The goblins and their hideous rat-like dogs are swarming out of their stockade like ants from an anthill; surely they will all be overrun, but there's no way to retreat. Drawing her dagger so she won't go down without a fight, she hesitantly reaches out to heal Kern in front of her, desperately praying to Desna that the ugly-looking rash that has sprung up on the back of his neck isn't contagious....

move action: draw dagger; standard action: cast cure moderate wounds on Kern 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (2, 6) + 4 = 12


Elven Rogue 3/Ranger (Guide) 1/Wizard (Diviner, Foresight) 1 HPs 39/39 AC 17 FF 13 T 14 CMD 17 Fort +6 Ref +9 Will +4 Init +5 Per +10 (+1 vs. traps, +2 w/familiar)

Fort save 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Pressed from more than one direction, Eponine curses as she adds the crossbow to the growing pile of weapons at her feet. She draws her dagger and strikes the dog in Y27.

To hit 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Damage 1d4 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1

Hit points 10/24, Armor Class 20. Dex 17, Char 12, Shield.


Evening Day 1 Total earned XP: 13700

Kern feels the itchiness of a rash allergy spread across his skin. Angrily he pounds his flail on the back of the dog that bit him, snapping its spine and delivering it to death in a single blow. Wren, seeing the goblins spilling out of the stockade, targets one with her magic. Beside Belril the goblin yelps from the unseen attack.

End of Round 1

Order of Combat: Sophy, Goblin Archers, Victor, Eponine, Belril, Goblins, Goblin Dogs, Kern, Wren


Female Human Lore Oracle 5

Sophy's action for round 2 is three posts up.

Sophy Cassell wrote:

I assume it's back to Sophy at the top of the round?

Sophy finds herself trapped at the precarious edge of the cliff, the front lines of the battle in front of her and the creaking bridge behind her. The goblins and their hideous rat-like dogs are swarming out of their stockade like ants from an anthill; surely they will all be overrun, but there's no way to retreat. Drawing her dagger so she won't go down without a fight, she hesitantly reaches out to heal Kern in front of her, desperately praying to Desna that the ugly-looking rash that has sprung up on the back of his neck isn't contagious....

move action: draw dagger; standard action: cast cure moderate wounds on Kern 2d8+4

That's 12 points of healing for Kern. I did forget her status report though:

Round 2, Init 25a
AC 15; hp 20/30
effects: light on crossbow
entropic shield : 20% miss chance to ranged attacks for 3 minutes, 54 seconds


Evening Day 1 Total earned XP: 13700
Sophy Cassell wrote:
Sophy's action for round 2 is three posts up.

I saw it, but I wasn't going to have time to work out the Goblin actions for the round when I was posting so I just finished off the round. Beging the work on Round 2 now, you should see it soon.


Evening Day 1 Total earned XP: 13700

Round 2

Sophy realizes that the only thing between her and some very hungry goblin dog's is Kern, so to keep him there she touches his shoulder allowing a flood of warm healing magic to spread into him. The spell start to nit his wounds and immediately clears up his rash.

On the east wall the goblin archers take aim at Belril and Victor, but both arrows miss their intended targets.

On the west wall three more archers appear. Two shoot wild and into the sea below, but Sophy is not as lucky. Even her magic fails to stop the arrow streaking towards her from striking.

Goblin 13 vs Belril 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 - 4 = 13
Goblin 14 vs Victor 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Goblin 11 vs Sophy 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18 Entropic shield miss chance 1d100 ⇒ 34 Hit for damage of 1d4 ⇒ 2
Goblin 12 vs Kern 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 - 4 = 3
Goblin 2 vs Eponine 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 - 4 = 5

Eponine is affected by the Allergy Rash: -2 DEX and CHR for one day.

Map Update

Victor, Eponine (I see your action above), Belril are up

Andoran

HP 57/57, AC- 21 T- 14 FF- 18 CMD- 19, F +6, R +9, W +5, P +10, In +4, AOO +8

Am I getting any cover from the undergrowth? Also, is it difficult terrain?

Barely noticing the tiny gash from the goblin's dogslicer, Belril makes a powerful two handed swing with his sling staff, bashing the goblin in W40 over the head with it.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Male Human Fighter 5
Stats:
Hp's: 51/51; AC: 17/14/13; Fort: +5, Ref: +5, Will: +2; Perc: +10; Init: +4

"Well, that is one. Only fifteen or twenty to go." Victor can only shake his head in frustration at the overwhelming odds as he moves a bit closer and fires at the next goblin in line on the tower.

Move to AA 30. (I think I can make it that far. If not, then as close to there as possible.) Attack T 33.

Longbow w/DA: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Damage w/DA: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

AC 17; Hp's 27

Victor smiles. "Oh. Okay. Well that is two. Now I feel a bit better."


Evening Day 1 Total earned XP: 13700

Victor moves up behind Sophy and fires another arrow at the goblins on the wall. It flies true killing another of the archers. Eponine feels the burn of the rash race across her skin as she drops her bow and whips out a dagger. She slashes at the dog, taking a nick of flesh off of its grotesque nose. Belril snaps his staff down, smacking the goblin hard on the skull.

One of the goblins that pushed open the door, brandishes it's dogslicer as it tromps through the thick briars to get around the goblin dog and close in on Eponine. The other moves across the clearing placing itself between Belril and Kern, it slashes its blade and misses the halfling. From inside the stockade a goblin screams a curse and moves to stand over the fallen goblin dog. It strikes Kern despite the warriors good armor. Another goblin sees Belril as easy pickings and works its way around the goblin dog to get on the other side trying to surround the halfling. The goblin in front of Eponine slashes at her again, but her magical shield keeps the blow from hitting. The goblin that Belril beaned on the head shakes the pain away and stabs at the halfling. The swelling on his head must be effecting his vision, and the blade doesn't even get close to the intended target. A goblin inside the stockade moves closer to the door, sheathes his blade and pulls a short bow off of its back.

In front of Kern an angry goblin dog tries to eat the fighter, but he avoids the nasty teeth. Belril and Eponine are also able to avoid the vicious bites of the goblin dogs facing them. From the dark of the stockade the howls of more goblin dog's can be heard as three more rush out off the stockade and into the clearing.

To answer Belril's Questions: On the map the dark green areas will be difficult terrain. They are low bushes of briars and nettles so they don't provide any cover unless you want to get down low and try to hide in them.

Goblin 1 moves W26 to Z27 (double move)
Goblin 4 moves V28 to X30
Goblin 4 vs Belril 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Goblin 5 moves U26 to X28
Goblin 5 vs Kern 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20 Damage 1d4 ⇒ 2
Goblin 6 moves W23 to V31 (double move)
Goblin 7 vs Eponine 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Goblin 8 vs Belril 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Goblin 9 moves U25 to V26; changes weapon

Goblin dog 1 vs Kern 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Goblin dog 2 vs Belril 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Goblin dog 4 vs Eponine 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Goblin dogs 5,7, & 8 move to W29,W28, & W27

Kern then Wren to end the round

Map full of goblins


Male Human (Chelaxian) Fighter (Weapon Master) 5

Kern breathes a sigh of relief as Sophy's healing energies wash over him. "Thanks, Sophy," he says. "What would I do without you?"

His relief quickly turns to concern as the goblins and their dogs swarm about them. He ignores the minor slash from the goblin and focuses his energy on the goblin dog directly in front of him.

Heavy flail, Power Attack: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 10 - 2 = 23
Damage: 1d10 + 9 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 6 = 17

AC 17; HP 32/45


AC 13, HP 34/34; F+3, R+3, W+5, Per+4, Init.+2, AoO+2

Seeing the group getting swarmed, Wren wanted to move forward, but knew the bridge might not be able to support any more weight. As such, she continues to fire her force missles at the goblins, first at x 30.

Damage 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Female Human Lore Oracle 5
Kern Bevaniky wrote:
Kern breathes a sigh of relief as Sophy's healing energies wash over him. "Thanks, Sophy," he says. "What would I do without you?"

Despite the desperate situation, she blushes a little. "Better than I'd do without you," she calls back, eyeing the boiling swarm of bloodthirsty monsters being kept away from her by the wall of Kern and Eponine. Seeing that the elf-woman is also dripping blood from a savage bite, she touches Eponine and wills healing energy into her. Every time Kern hits one of the goblin dogs, it falls, but more keep running out of the building. How many more can there be? she wonders. How long can Kern and Eponine fend them off before they're overrun? She wants to suggest a retreat across the bridge, where they can't be attacked from so many angles at once, but Belril is separated from them and the bridge by so many enemies. They can't abandon him....

cast cure light wounds on Eponine 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Round 3, Init 25a
AC 15; hp 18/30
effects: light on crossbow
entropic shield : 20% miss chance to ranged attacks for 3 minutes, 48 seconds


Evening Day 1 Total earned XP: 13700

Kern bashes another of the dogs, smashing it dead again in a single blow. Wren's bolt of force arcs across the gap to the island hill flawlessly striking her target.

End of Round 3

Sophy reaches out to keep Eponine alive, curing the elf of the painful rash and fixing up some of her wounds as well. From atop the walls the goblin archers unleash another volley of arrows. Only Sophy is struck as the rest of the arrows fall harmlessly to the ground

Goblin 2 vs Eponine 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 - 4 = 3
Goblin 11 vs Kern 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 - 4 = 8
Goblin 12 vs Sophy 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16 Entropic shield miss chance 1d100 ⇒ 55 Hit for Damage of 1d4 ⇒ 3
Goblin 13 vs Belril 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 - 4 = 9

Map Update

Sophy, goblin archers, Victor, Eponine, Belril, goblins, goblin dogs, Kern, Wren; Victor is up next...

2,301 to 2,350 of 3,991 << first < prev | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Desna's Chosen All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.