Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Desna's Chosen

Game Master MythrilDragon


1 to 50 of 3,876 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

After Noon Day 1 Total earned XP: 12900

The Swallowtail Festival begins promptly, as scheduled, on the first day of autumn. The square before the church quickly becomes crowded as locals and travelers arrive, and several merchant tents featuring food, clothes, local crafts, and souvenirs are there to meet them.

For five years, the faithful of Sandpoint have attended church in smaller wooden structures rebuilt after fire destroyed the previous temple, and while their new pastor Father Zantus was helpful, kind, and wise, church wasn’t the same. Now, the new cathedral is finally done. All that remains is for the Swallowtail Festival to renew the site’s blessings from the gods and it will be as if the Sandpoint Fire had never occurred.

Earlier in the day, four keynote speakers each delivered short but well-received welcomes to the festival. Mayor Deverin’s friendly attitude and excitement proved contagious as she welcomed visitors to town. Sheriff Hemlock brought the crowd down a bit with his dour mood, his reminder to be safe around the evening’s bonfire, and his request for a moment of silence to remember those who lost their lives in the blaze that claimed the town’s previous church.

Fortunately, Cyrdak Drokkus was more than up to the challenge of bringing the crowd’s mood back up with his rousing anecdotes and a not-completely-irreverent recap of the long process the town went through to finance and construct the new cathedral. With a bit of self-promotion at the end he invited everyone to stop by the Sandpoint Theater the following evening to check out his new production of The Harpy’s Curse, and revealed that the lead role of Avisera the harpy queen will be played by none other than the famous Magnimarian diva Allishanda!

Finally, Father Zantus stood up and give a short speech thanking everyone for coming as his acolytes wheeled a large covered cart into the square. After recounting the short parable of how Desna first fell to earth and was nursed back to health by a blind child who she transformed into a immortal butterfly as a reward for her aid. The acolytes pulled back the cover and released the Children of Desna. A furious storm of a thousand swallowtail butterflies swarmed into the air in a spiraling riot of color to a great cheer from the crowd. Throughout the rest of the day, children futilely chased butterflies, never quite quick enough to catch them. Some of the Children of Desna rested upon a few in the crowed, a symbol of the goddesses blessing granted to them.


After Noon Day 1 Total earned XP: 12900

Wren Chavali was dancing for the crowd when the butterfly landed on her, perhaps a sign that Sandpoint was indeed a place for a fresh start. The troupe she traveled with was talented, but they were content to roam the Hinterlands performing for farmsteads, and roadside inns. She wanted more and hoped that the Sandpoint Theater was the answer, besides their leader, Wesh, was becoming annoying and had already professed his desire to wed her on more than one occasion. Throughout the day she tried several times to get Master Drokkus to notice her talent, but he always seemed occupied with someone congratulating him on the opening of the new show. As evening comes, Wren is dancing among the crowds, twirling a crimson scarf and earning a good bit of coin.

Brock almost killed the butterfly that landed on his shoulder but paused with his hand but an inch from crushing it. Its silvery wings reminded him of a butterfly shaped charm that Father Tobyn used to wear. The half-orc was on edge trying to avoid the stares, and wondering if anyone recognized him. It had been five years since he had run off to Magnimar to join Black Curs, a membership that he didn’t feel so good about now standing in shadow of the new church. After seeing Father Zantus at the start of the Festival, Brock has been trying to sum up the courage to speak with the new head priest. Father Zantus had been Father Tobyns most promising student, and had always been nice to the half-orc. Brock is staying in the shadows at the back of the crowd when night starts to fall, wondering what the priest would think of the things he had done over the past five years.

Eponine was thankful that the festival was going so well and was thrilled with how excited everyone seemed about the new church. When one of the butterflies landed on her nose, while stuffing her face with some of Amieko’s award winning curry-spiced salmon, she thought that Sandpoint just might be a good enough place to settle down for good. The people here were great, especially the owner of the Rusty Dragon. A kindred spirit, Amieko and Eponine had finished off more than once bottle of wine after the inn closed for the night sharing tales of adventure. When she needed coin she could usual find work at the Glassworks filling crates when they were behind schedule on a large order, or more often than not Larz Rovanky needed someone to run deliveries at the Tannery. As the consecration ceremony was preparing to begin as the sun set, Eponine was quick to find a seat close to the front where she could see the excitement up close.

Sophy was feeling edgy as the festival began, her thoughts often drifting back to the destruction and death that she had possibly penned the night before. When a butterfly landed on her it brought a sense of peace, perhaps she was normal and everything would be okay. She spent the rest of the day at easy, putting the horrific thoughts behind her as she enjoyed the food and festivities. As night begins to fall she is up front holding a very special book. After the first chapel had burned, Father Zantus had asked her to take very good care of this one, and she had. It was the Scriptures of Desna and she was to present it to the Church as part of the consecration ceremony that was about to begin.

Victor was home and it felt good. The festival was already underway when he strolled into the square, and the church looked good. He was impressed at the look of it, towering over the crowd a symbol that the dark memories of five years past can finally be in the past. It was then as he was looking up that the butterfly landed on him a sign that he had made the right choice. He might even talk to the sheriff about signing up with the town guard. He was munching on some of the White Deer’s tasty peppercorn venison as the sun set and the ceremony was about to begin.


After Noon Day 1 Total earned XP: 12900

As the sun begins to set, Father Zantus takes the central podium along with the mayor, the sheriff, and Cyrdak. He uses a thunderstone to attract everyone’s attention with a sharp retort that slices through the excited crowd as the sun’s setting rays paint the western sky. A stray dog that has crawled under a nearby wagon to sleep starts awake, and the buzz of two dozen conversations quickly hushes as all heads turn toward the central podium, where a beaming Father Zantus has taken the stage. He clears his throat, takes a breath to speak, and suddenly a woman’s scream slices through the air. A few moments later, another scream rises, then another. Beyond them, a sudden surge of strange new voices rise - high-pitched, tittering shrieks that sound not quite human. The crowd parts and something low to the ground races by, giggling with disturbing glee as the stray dog gives a pained yelp and then collapses with a gurgle, its throat cut open from ear to ear. As blood pools around its head, the raucous sounds of a strange song begin, chanted from shrill, scratchy voices.

“Goblins chew and goblins bite. Goblins cut and goblins fight.
Stab the dog and cut the horse, Goblins eat and take by force!

Goblins race and goblins jump. Goblins slash and goblins bump.
Burn the skin and mash the head, Goblins here and you be dead!

Chase the baby, catch the pup. Bonk the head to shut it up.
Bones be cracked, flesh be stewed, We be goblins!
You be food!

The crowd starts to surge southward away from an oncoming assault by a band of the blood thirsty creatures.

Combat Map

I will show identifying name labels on the Map for the first round, after that I will clear them so it will be easier to see. The four key note speakers are on a small platform that is five feet wide, twenty feet long and raises them up six feet. They access it with ladders at either end. Assume the square is filled with people but the crowd tokens indicate where they are gathered the thickest. You can move through squares these tokens occupy at half speed. Additionally, any ranged attacks beyond a 20ft range have a -1 attack roll penalty to avoiding hitting the general public scrambling about. Three large wooden tables are covered with food and utensils left by panicking citizens. North of the keynote speakers is the covered cart that the butterflies were released from. While you can hear the sounds of the approaching goblins you might not be able to see them based on your location on the map because of the crowds so please post accordingly considering your characters line of sight. Keep in mind that this map is probably not to scale for the town, but it should do okay for this combat. For this encounter I am going to assume that the goblin killing the dog ends the Surprise Round.

Goblin Initiative Roll 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Key note Speakers Initiative Roll 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Crowd Initiative Roll 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (19) - 4 = 15
Wren Initiative Roll 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Brock Initiative Roll 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Eponine Initiative Roll 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Sophy Initiative Roll 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Victor Initiative Roll 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Please post in order of Initiative, and I will resolve each action as I can. Note that this is different then what I had done on our first start, I tried doing the whole round at once but I don’t think it worked as well. This time the Goblins go first.


After Noon Day 1 Total earned XP: 12900

“Goblins chew and goblins bite. Goblins cut and goblins fight.
Stab the dog and cut the horse, Goblins eat and take by force!

The goblins advance on the crowd, inspired by the gruesome chanting. The screaming of the people is blood chilling as two of the attackers draw blood. The third nearly takes the head off of a merchant, but is distracted by something on the ground. The fourth goblin rushes the stage and starts to climb the ladder after the key note speakers.

Goblin 1 Move AR79-AT79; Attack Roll 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19 Damage 1d4 ⇒ 1
Goblin 2 Move AR82-AS81; Attack Roll 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13 Damage 1d4 ⇒ 1
Goblin 3 Move AS83-AT82; Attack Roll 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Goblin 4 Move AV84-AU84


Dotting. I will post later this morning.


After Noon Day 1 Total earned XP: 12900

Combat Order:
Goblins
Wren
Sophy
Key Note Speakers
Victor
Crowd
Brock
Eponine


AC 13, HP 34/34; F+3, R+3, W+5, Per+4, Init.+2, AoO+2

Look over here, dammit, Drokus, thought Wren as she whirled and twirled, spinning her crimson scarf expertly around her, appearing almost as a cloak of fire, it danced so quickly through the air. The pretty Varisian had been dancing most of the afternoon, but had not been able to enjoy herself, as she focused her intensity on impressing him. She was determined to get a job at the Theatre. When Wren wanted something, she worked for it, and more often than not, achieved her goal.

Hearing the shrill sound of the goblin voices, she immediately shouted,"Away children," to the small copse of kids that had gathered around her. She always seemed to have a way with the little tykes,as they seemed to be able to allow her to keep her sometimes fiery temperment restrained, and her initial thought was to protect them. "Run that way, little ones" she yelled, pointing toward the south, away from the small invaders.

After seeing the children off, she moves to stand on the closest table, to get a better vantage point of the scene. Without even considering another option, she quickly reaches inside one of her interior pockets and pulls out her trusty lucky wand, the one her family used to deride her for using, calling it a'crutch', which was never far from her grasp.


Female Human Lore Oracle 5

Sophy sat near the foot of the podium, hugging the scripture book to herself protectively and waiting for her cue to bring it up to Father Zantus. The edges of the pages would always be charred, but Chask Haladan had given her tips on using vinegar to remove the smoky smell from the paper and binding and she had oiled the cover to keep it supple and prevent cracking. With proper care in the new cathedral (which Sophy would make sure it received), the book would serve Sandpoint for generations.

When she began to hear the odd song under the murmur of the crowd, she initially kept herself from turning her head, thinking it was just more of the strange whispers that weren't really there and not wanting the townspeople to know she was going crazy. The screams, however, could not be ignored, and she leaped to her feet, tears standing in her eyes. There were too many people for her to see what was going on at the edge of the crowd, but inside her head a voice kept repeating, I did this, I did this, this is my fault, I did this. The paper she had written on the previous night was folded up in her pocket -- she hadn't wanted to leave it behind and let anyone see what she had done -- and she felt like it would leap out and accuse her in front of the whole town.

The precious book was still in her arms, though. She might be a crazy person who had brought down disaster on her own hometown, but she wouldn't let anything bad happen to the book she had been charged to protect. It had to get to a safe place. With one hand, she drew the dagger she had taken to wearing and held it ready to defend the book she cradled in the other arm; then she ran up the steps to the podium. Her cue hadn't yet been given, but she intended to get the book to Father Zantus before anything else could happen. Surely it would be safe behind the stone walls of the new cathedral.

Draw weapon, move onto podium


After Noon Day 1 Total earned XP: 12900

"Run that way, little ones" Wren yells, pointing toward the south, away from the small invaders. The children scatter crying out fearfully as they run. One little boy seems lost just standing, spinning in place with tears streaking his dusty face, crying out, "Ma Ma!" Wren leaps to a table as she pulls out her wand.

Sophy is determined to get the book to the high priest and pulling a dagger she rushes to the poduim and scrambles up the six foot ladder. As she does, the Sheriff bellows, "To ARMS! Guard to the North!" He leaps off the stage, draws his longsword and charges towards the oncoming assault. Cyrdak meanwhile, attempts to kick the goblin currently trying to claw its way up onto the stage at the other, but the goblin ducks its head just in the nick of time. When she gets to the top she is face to face with the Mayor and Father Zantus who says, "Child, you are in danger. Why are you climbing up here? We must flee."

Wren moves to AW78 and is on the table, wand out.
Lost boy is in AV76
Sophy moves to BB84 is on the stage, dagger out.
Sheriff Jumps and moves to AV83, longsword out.
Cyrdak Attack roll 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13


Male Human Fighter 5
Stats:
Hp's: 51/51; AC: 17/14/13; Fort: +5, Ref: +5, Will: +2; Perc: +10; Init: +4

Victor was taking it all in. It was good to be home again. During his meal, he notices Sophy sitting at the other end of the table holding a book. Poor girl. He thinks to himself. Lost her mother to that crazy 'Chopper'. Just isn't fair. He turns his thoughts back to the festival to help cover up the horrid nightmare that was.

As he gets his thoughts trained back to the festival he hears the thunderstone Father Zantus releases. Then he hears screams throughout the town. What in Abadar's name?! Victor looks around and notices...Goblins?!. Noticing Sophy take off towards the podium, "Sophy! What are....! He stops in midsentence as he hears a small boy crying for his mother. Anger wells up inside him as he takes off towards him. "Hold on little one! Victor will protect you!" There is no way this child dies on my watch! Especially to some filthy goblin!

Move to AT 77

"Here you filthy beasts!" He raises his empty hands in an attempt to draw the goblins toward him. "I'm unarmed and quite stupid!"


Male Half-Orc

Standing alone in the back of the crowd fit Brock. He had always been an outsider. He could see some of the town's onlookers grip their spouses and children tight each time they looked at him. His fearsome demeanor was not something he could turn off. The fact that he carried a 5' long hammer on his back also did not help his cause. It had been ingrained in him for the past 5 years that fear was one's most powerful ally and he knew better than most how to make people afraid. But those days were behind him and he hoped fate would at last help him find peace. Try and relax, everything will be fine.

It was about this time that he heard the screams and the goblin song. He looked at the sky: I am really cursed, aren't I? He made his way through the crowd, sliding the hammer off his back, as he moved past Eponine. Those goblins would pay for ruining his peace! He would make sure of that! When he reaches his spot, he looks at the goblins and in a loud voice, says "I am going to crush your skulls, goblins!"

Double move to AV77.


After Noon Day 1 Total earned XP: 12900

"I'm unarmed and quite stupid!" Victor shouts at the goblins has he rushes across the square to protect the child from certain doom.

The crowd surges southward away from the advancing goblins, fleeing for their lives. At the southern end of the square a women is shouting in a shrill panicked voice, "Aeren, my boy where are you?"

Mother is in space BD77

Brock, the crowd moves before you and blocks the clear path through to AV77. You indicate you want to draw your hammer which is a move action. Do you A) Full round action and go ahead and move to AV77 with out a weapon, you have enough movement to do this even with the half move penalty going through the crowd, or B) Draw the weapon and make a regular movement which would put you at AZ74 in the crowd next round.


Male Half-Orc
Mythril DM wrote:
Brock, the crowd moves before you and blocks the clear path through to AV77. You indicate you want to draw your hammer which is a move action. Do you A) Full round action and go ahead and move to AV77 with out a weapon, you have enough movement to do this even with the half move penalty going through the crowd, or B) Draw the weapon and make a regular movement which would put you at AZ74 in the crowd next round.

If that is the case, Brock will end at AV77. As for the weapon, it is a free action:

"If you have a base attack bonus of +1 or higher, you may draw a weapon as a free action combined with a regular move."


After Noon Day 1 Total earned XP: 12900
Brock AKA "Bones wrote:


If that is the case, Brock will end at AV77. As for the weapon, it is a free action:
"If you have a base attack bonus of +1 or higher, you may draw a weapon as a free action combined with a regular move."

I see that in the feat now, thanks.

Brock wades through the crowd, rushing north and drawing his earth breaker as he shouts, "I am going to crush your skulls, goblins!" The lost little boy, all of six years old, cowers next to him wailing, "Please don't eat me."


Elven Rogue 3/Ranger (Guide) 1/Wizard (Diviner, Foresight) 1 HPs 39/39 AC 17 FF 13 T 14 CMD 17 Fort +6 Ref +9 Will +4 Init +5 Per +10 (+1 vs. traps, +2 w/familiar)

Moving to AU77 after drawing her rapier.

As she runs past, Eponine will shout at the crowd centered at AX74 Pick up the children! Get inside and bar the doors! Ready water in case of fires! With her left arm she is gesturing at the building to the northwest of their position.

Thanks Joana. I hadn't dotted this thread yet, so I missed that it had gotten to my initiative already!


After Noon Day 1 Total earned XP: 12900

"Pick up the children! Get inside and bar the doors! Ready water in case of fires!" Eponine is gesturing at the building to the northwest of their position as she rushes to face the goblins with her rapier drawn.

"Goblins race and goblins jump. Goblins slash and goblins bump.
Burn the skin and mash the head, Goblins here and you be dead!"

The chanting grows louder as the goblins attack, the first advances on Victor slashing with its Dogslicer drawing blood. The second one sets its beady little eyes on Eponine and giggles with glee as it strike is true. Another one yelps wickedly as it slashes its blade at the backs of the fleeing crowd. Some howls in pain from the Goblins strike. On the stage ladder, one tries to bite Cyrdak where he stands defending the other speakers but fails and falls off the ladder. From behind the buildings another of the foul creatures rushes out, seeing the lost boy it heads right at him grasping the child in its dirty clawed hands.

Goblin 1 Move to AT78; Attack roll vs Victor 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20 Damage 1d4 ⇒ 2
Goblin 2 Move to AU78; Attack roll vs Eponine 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19 Damage 1d4 ⇒ 1
Goblin 3 Move to AU81; Attack Roll vs Crowd 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14 Damage 1d4 ⇒ 1
Goblin 4 Attacks Cyrdak 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Goblin 5 appears from behind the building and moves to AV75 grabbing the lost boy

Combat Map Rnd 2, after Goblins move

Combat Order:
Goblins
Wren
Sophy
Key Note Speakers
Victor
Crowd
Brock
Eponine


AC 13, HP 34/34; F+3, R+3, W+5, Per+4, Init.+2, AoO+2

"Put the child down now, mongrel," Wren bellowed at the goblin who had now grasped the little boy. With a few quick gestures and a couple words, Wren magically covered the tyke in a slippery substance, making it much harder for him to be held against his will.

Casting Grease on the kid, so that the goblin might lose his grip. Ref DC 15, and a tip of the cap to mark who used this same tactic with Dumah in the past!


Female Human Lore Oracle 5

The tears now streaming down her face, Sophy presses the book of scriptures into Father Zantus' hands insistently. "You have to take it," she shouts over the hubbub. "Put it in the cathedral! Keep it safe!" Turning back to the chaos in the square, she sees a few people attempting to make a stand against the goblins. Barely knowing what she's doing, she leaps down from the stage and pushes her way through the crowd toward the monsters. "No!" she shouts, as if she really believes she has some power over their appearance. "Go away! Get away from here!"

Acrobatics check to jump off the stage, if necessary 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 Not sure how far she can get, with the jumping and the crowd; move her toward the table Wren is standing on.


After Noon Day 1 Total earned XP: 12900

Wren invokes her arcane power to coat the boy in a slippery layer of grease. The boy makes a disgusted face, "Eeeww." The boy flounders like a pig in the Goblins grip, but it manages to keep a hold of the boy.

Sophy shoves the book at Father Zantus who takes it saying, "It is all right child, we will keep it safe together." Before he can say anything else Sophy leaps from the stage and darts through a gap in the crowd moving towards the boy in danger.

Father Zantus, the mayor and Cyrdak all climb off the southern end of the stage while the Sheriff leaps into action attacking the Goblin that is threatening the crowd, but his blade swing too high.

Goblin Reflex Save 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Sophy Standard Action jump off the stage DC 5; Move to AW80
Sheriff Moves to AU82; Attack roll 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


Male Human Fighter 5
Stats:
Hp's: 51/51; AC: 17/14/13; Fort: +5, Ref: +5, Will: +2; Perc: +10; Init: +4

Seeing the child in the goblin's grasp, Victor steps toward it while drawing his rapier. "Hello. My name is Victor Montoya. Prepare to die." He says to the goblin as he attempts to run him through.

5' step to AU 76, draw weapn(move), attack (standard).

Rapier: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Dmg: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


After Noon Day 1 Total earned XP: 12900

Victor steps back, spins and thrusts his rapier deep into the goblins side forcing it to let go of the boy. It howls in pain and gives victory an evil stare.

From the south edge of the square a mother runs screaming, "Aeren, NO! Don't let them hurt my baby." The crowd continues to flee away from the goblins, thinning out and clearing the square.

Goblin takes 5 damage and lets go of boy
Mother moves to AX77
The Huge Crowd tokens are reduced to Large Size now


Male Half-Orc

DM, could you update the map? I am not sure where the goblins are. EDIT: Never mind, I did not see second link, sorry about that.


Male Half-Orc

Believing Victor has the handle on the wounded goblin, Brock looks at the little goblin in AU78 and says, "You harming people makes me mad and a mad Bones is bad news for goblin!" He swings his massive hammer at the goblin. If the blow crushes the goblin's head, Brock takes a second to apologize to the pretty elven girl for dirtying her cloak with goblin blood and steps to AU78 and looks at the remaining goblin with an evil glint in his eye! "Bones like smash goblin head game..one point for me!"

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Damage: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (4, 5) + 6 = 15

Brock has normal intelligence but he likes playing the stereotypical oaf, since that is what people expect and he believes it's more scary like that anyway!


After Noon Day 1 Total earned XP: 12900

Brains spray out of the Goblins ears as Brock's hammer comes down on it...hard. Brock takes a second to apologize to the pretty elven girl for dirtying her cloak with goblin blood and steps forward looking at the remaining goblin with an evil glint in his eye he says, "Bones like smash goblin head game..one point for me!"

Goblin 2 takes 15 damage and is very dead


Elven Rogue 3/Ranger (Guide) 1/Wizard (Diviner, Foresight) 1 HPs 39/39 AC 17 FF 13 T 14 CMD 17 Fort +6 Ref +9 Will +4 Init +5 Per +10 (+1 vs. traps, +2 w/familiar)

Eponine hops over the sloppy remains of the goblin with a nod of thanks to Brock. She moves to AU80, shouting at the crowd at AV/AW 81/82 Pick up the children! Get inside and bar the doors! Ready water in case of a fire!

She'll thrust her rapier at the goblin before her.
To hit 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Damage 2d6 ⇒ (1, 1) = 2


After Noon Day 1 Total earned XP: 12900
Eponine wrote:

Eponine hops over the sloppy remains of the goblin with a nod of thanks to Brock. She moves to AU80, shouting at the crowd at AV/AW 81/82 Pick up the children! Get inside and bar the doors! Ready water in case of a fire!

She'll thrust her rapier at the goblin before her.
To hit 1d20+4
Damage 2d6

Shouldn't that be 1d6 damage?


After Noon Day 1 Total earned XP: 12900

Eponine stabs the goblin, drawing blood and infuriating it. It growls and slashes its rusty sword at her though she skillfully avoids the strike.

"Chase the baby, catch the pup. Bonk the head to shut it up.
Bones be cracked, flesh be stewed, We be goblins!"

Across the square a goblin continues is attack upon Sheriff Balor, but easily blocks the blow with his longsword. From the base of the stage ladder a goblin spies Sophy and scrambles across the square swing its dogslicer at the meek librarian. She shrieks in pain as the blade makes a nasty cut on her arm. Victors victim swings wild in attempt to slash the warriors legs off. From behind the buildings two more Goblins surge onto the square. One appears from the west and rushes at the lone mother helplessly crying out for her son. She falls to her knees clutching her gut trying to keep her insides in as it jumps for glee. The other scurries in from the north, rushes at Brock and attacks to no avail.

Goblin 1 attacks Eponine 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Goblin 3 attacks Sheriff 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Goblin 4 move AW84 to AW81; attacks Sohpy 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19 Damage 1d4 ⇒ 1
Goblin 5 attacks Victor 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Goblin 6 move AW70 to AX76; attacks mother 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12 Damage 1d4 ⇒ 3
Goblin 7 move AP77 to AT79; attacks Brock 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Rnd 3 map (after goblins action)


AC 13, HP 34/34; F+3, R+3, W+5, Per+4, Init.+2, AoO+2

DM, I am assuming the battlefield has gotten fairly sparse, as most of the crowd would have scurried off by now. I also assume the mom is on the ground either dead or bleeding. If I am wrong, please ignore my action and I will repost.

Wren reacts with horror, seeing the evil goblin slice up the young mother looking for her child. With a look of smoldering intensity, she jumps down from the table to AX78, to catch only the goblin in the effect of the magic she called.

Cast Burning hands. Ref 16 for half.

Fire Damage 2d4 + 1 ⇒ (1, 1) + 1 = 3


Female Human Lore Oracle 5

Startled by the goblin's sudden appearance -- and by the very real pain -- Sophy strikes out instinctively with her dagger. Attack 1d20 ⇒ 11 Damage 1d4 ⇒ 2 "Go away," she sobs, as she steps backward. 5-foot step to AX79


After Noon Day 1 Total earned XP: 12900

Wren leaps from the table as flames leap from her fingers to engulf the Goblin that is swarming over the fallen mother, and it howls in pain. Sophy slashes feebly with her dagger backing away from the goblin that hurt her. The keynote speakers disappear behind a building at they continue to flee to the south. The Sheriff stays strong and swings at the goblin before him, his blade driving deep killing the goblin.

move to aw77; cast burning hands
goblin REF save 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Sheriff attacks goblin 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 Crit Check 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 Damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Goblin 3 is dead


Male Human Fighter 5
Stats:
Hp's: 51/51; AC: 17/14/13; Fort: +5, Ref: +5, Will: +2; Perc: +10; Init: +4

Noticing the mother get cut down by another one of the "filthy beasts", "NOOOO!" He screams in fury while thoughts of Chopper burns back through his memory. The thought of another child losing their mother, while he again didn't do anything or enough about it. "You and your kind will all perish for that." He says in an furious yet matter-of-fact tone, as he jabs his rapier again at the goblin, hoping to fell the creature.

Rapier: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Dmg: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


After Noon Day 1 Total earned XP: 12900

Victors thrust hits the goblin, but lacks the force to penetrate its patchy leather armor. It grins and mutters in broken common, "It you be pair dish." The child charges across the square right past the goblin that still smolders from Wrens fiery blast. It thrusts its charred Dogslicer at the child running by, knocking him to the ground and leaving a bleeding gash across the boys forehead. The mothers is crawling away trying to get under a table, leaving a think red blood trail.

Boy moves AV76 to AX77
Goblin AoO 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16 damage 1d4 ⇒ 1
Mother moves AX77 to AZ77


Elven Rogue 3/Ranger (Guide) 1/Wizard (Diviner, Foresight) 1 HPs 39/39 AC 17 FF 13 T 14 CMD 17 Fort +6 Ref +9 Will +4 Init +5 Per +10 (+1 vs. traps, +2 w/familiar)
Mythril DM wrote:


Shouldn't that be 1d6 damage?

I was thinking because the sheriff and Eponine had the goblin flanked, she would get her sneak attack damage.


After Noon Day 1 Total earned XP: 12900

Seems there has been some confusion, the Sheriff is about 20 ft away from you. Here is an updated map current with all the actions included in Round 3 except Brock and Eponine.

Map mid Rnd 3


After Noon Day 1 Total earned XP: 12900

Okay sorry I misread Eponine's last post so here is the correct map up to this point with all the round 3 actions accept Brock and Eponine. Since the only change on action for the goblins would be the one that attacked Eponine I will just say it did nothing last round, it missed her anyway. That way we don't have to redo a bunch of stuff or my error. Essentially it just misses a turn, Eponine moves to AU80 and hits the Goblin that the Sheriff then kills.

Corrected Mid Round 3 map


Male Half-Orc

Brock tries to smash the next goblin, but misses the little runt.
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


After Noon Day 1 Total earned XP: 12900

Brock swings his hammer high allowing the goblins to easily duck under his powerful swing. They giggle hysterically at his failed attempt.


Elven Rogue 3/Ranger (Guide) 1/Wizard (Diviner, Foresight) 1 HPs 39/39 AC 17 FF 13 T 14 CMD 17 Fort +6 Ref +9 Will +4 Init +5 Per +10 (+1 vs. traps, +2 w/familiar)

Eponine will impale the goblin in AT79.

To hit 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Or not.


After Noon Day 1 Total earned XP: 12900

Eponine lunges, but her blade fails to skewer the Goblin.

"You be food!”

The cry of the goblin song encourages the foul little things onward. The first one slashes at Brock but the cheap blade bounces off his banded armor. The next leaps towards Sophy and hacks at her with its Dogslicer, a crimson stain begins to form on her shirt. In front of Victor the Goblin squeals with delight and stabs at the warrior uselessly. Right in front of Wren the Goblin drops its blade and pounces on the prone boy, drool drips from its wicked grin as it prepares to eat the child's face off. The Goblin facing off against Eponine returns the thrust and slashes her leg.

Goblin 1 attacks Brock 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Goblin 4 moves AW81 to AX80; attacks Sophy 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20 Damage 1d4 ⇒ 2
Goblin 5 attacks Victor 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Goblin 6 grapples Boy 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Goblin 7 5'step to AT80; attacks Eponine 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22 Check for Critical 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14 Regular Damage 1d4 ⇒ 3

Round 4 map after Goblin Initiative

Everyone Make a Perception Check(listen)
DC: 12 Success

Spoiler:
From the south you can hear people crying out, "Fire! Fire!"


Female Human Lore Oracle 5

Perception 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13


Male Human Fighter 5
Stats:
Hp's: 51/51; AC: 17/14/13; Fort: +5, Ref: +5, Will: +2; Perc: +10; Init: +4

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26


AC 13, HP 34/34; F+3, R+3, W+5, Per+4, Init.+2, AoO+2

Wren again yells at the goblin who is attempting to devour the scared child, hoping to attract its attention. "Leave the little boy alone," she screams. As she does so, she jabs her lucky wand toward the creature and a small arcane ray flew from same and struck the creature in the face.

Use Arcane Bond feature to cast Magic Missle at the gobbie.

Damage 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

And Wren's Perception..

Perception 1d20 ⇒ 8

And if Wren is able to kill the goblin with the spell, she will take a move action to move next to the injured woman with the hopes of helping her next round.


Female Human Lore Oracle 5

Sophy's head swings around to the south as she hears the shouts. "No," she sobs under her breath. She takes another wild swing at the goblin with her dagger, Attack 1d20 ⇒ 9 Damage 1d4 ⇒ 4 then steps back yet again from its assault. 5-foot step to AY78 Her foot comes down in a sticky red puddle, and her eyes widen in horror as she becomes aware of the gravely-wounded woman cowering under the table.


After Noon Day 1 Total earned XP: 12900

Wren blasts the Goblin and send it flying off the boy, dead. The child whimpers as the creature jerks and falls off of him. Sophy weakly slashes at the Goblin that hurt her, and steps back slipping in the mothers blood. Sheriff Hemlock sees the librarian in trouble and rushes to her aid, slashing at the back of the Goblin but misses. "Fear not Miss Sophy, I take care of this pest," he shouts.

Goblin 6 is Dead
Sheriff moves AV82 to AX81; attacks Goblin 4 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


Male Human Fighter 5
Stats:
Hp's: 51/51; AC: 17/14/13; Fort: +5, Ref: +5, Will: +2; Perc: +10; Init: +4

Victor calms a little after seeing the goblin that was next to the child, drop. Also noticing out of the corner of his eye, the extremely blonde woman rush to the boy's mother's side. Hope she makes it in time. Please, by Abadar! Let her make it in time. I hope Miss Sophy is ok. He glances quickly in her general direction, She's got one attacking her! Oh good, there is Sheriff Hemlock.

With so much going through his mind, he shoots his rapier forward again, hoping to end this goblin threat.

Rapier: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Dmg: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Obviously worried about so many others, he's unable to concentrate and land a solid blow, "Blast you, beast! The less you struggle, the more your death will be quick and painless." He says as he misses. Again! Arghhhh!

"Oh no." He mumbles to himself as he hears the screams to the south and worry creeps, even more so than before, into him.


After Noon Day 1 Total earned XP: 12900

The crowd has cleared the square, but throughout the town the sounds of battle rage on. The mother lays, bleeding under the table, "Help me....my son....help."


Male Half-Orc

Bones attempts to crush the goblin in front of him (AT78), after the goblin's blow glances off his armor. He then moves to AW78, to help the boy.

: Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Damage: 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (6, 6) + 9 = 21
Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 1


AC 13, HP 34/34; F+3, R+3, W+5, Per+4, Init.+2, AoO+2

Wow, when Brock kills a goblin, there is no question about it. 15 and 21 damage!!


After Noon Day 1 Total earned XP: 12900

Brock's hammer drops down upon the head of the Goblin and it crumples like a flesh sack of shattered bones. He turns and rushes to the aid of the little boy who looks up, terrified, at the h]Half-orc and screams , "Don't Eat Me!" Hearing that the mother under the table cries out in anguish, "AAEEERRREEEENNNN!

Moved Brock to AW77, AW78 is the table.


Male Half-Orc

I missed the fact that Wren killed the goblin on the boy. Instead Brock would step toward the goblin attacking Eponine.

1 to 50 of 3,876 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Desna's Chosen All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.