Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Den of the Slave Takers (4e)

Game Master Rev Rosey

4e adventures in the Chaos Scar set in Yorkshire turned up to 11.


251 to 300 of 1,371 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

I should have picked that up. Sorry folks. One reason I didn't is that you've been making mincemeat of this encounter.

Directing Aurix to cut off the arbalaster's escape route, Tiberious deals another savage blow to the mechanism. More vital components collapse under Tiberious' vigorous attentions.

Luce prepares once more to clear her head.

MAP

For reference:
Battlements provide superior cover (-5 to attacks).
Arrow slits provide partial cover (-2 to attacks).
Walls are 4 squares high.
Two staircases which you can climb at half speed.
Note that the south door is now open.

Daze - a dazed character may only take one of either a move, minor or standard actions on its turn. Dazed characters grant combat advantage (+2 to attack rolls against them). They may not take immediate actions or make opportunity attacks. They may use an Action Point to take an additional action on their turn.

Luce - dazed (se)
Anastria
Varis - used AP
Aurix - used AP
Vondal
Arbalaster - BLOODIED; marked by Aurix; slowed to end Aurix's next turn
Tiberious - used AP


(29/31) Razorclaw Shifter Predator Druid

Standing in the courtyard, Luce looks through watery eyes at the machine as the guardsman take it apart. Standing still and calm she finally clears her head.

No Action, attacks would hit friendlies.
Save 1d20 ⇒ 17


Watching the rapid destruction of the arbalester seems to have a soothing effect on Luce. Her mind clears at last.

MAP

For reference:
Battlements provide superior cover (-5 to attacks).
Arrow slits provide partial cover (-2 to attacks).
Walls are 4 squares high.
Two staircases which you can climb at half speed.
Note that the south door is now open.

Daze - a dazed character may only take one of either a move, minor or standard actions on its turn. Dazed characters grant combat advantage (+2 to attack rolls against them). They may not take immediate actions or make opportunity attacks. They may use an Action Point to take an additional action on their turn.

Anastria
Varis - used AP
Aurix - used AP
Vondal
Arbalaster - BLOODIED; marked by Aurix; slowed to end Aurix's next turn
Tiberious - used AP
Luce


HP: 23/25 | AC: 14 | FORT: 11 | REF: 13 | WILL: 16 | Eladrin Warlock 1

Sorry about holding the game up yesterday. It was a busy day down here in the convict colony (Australia) :D

With a grim face Anastra looks through the arrow slit and steps through the Feywild teleporting down off the battlements she turns to the right and curses the Machine drawing arcane symbols in the air with her wand she lets off a blast off eldritch energy at the thing.

Move: Fey step to q10.
Minor: warlocks curse on Ar
Eldritch Blast Atk vs Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15, Dmg 1d10 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (9) + 6 + (3) = 18


No hold up :)

Anastris rips through space and lands gracefully. As she etches a strange symbol in the air and unleashes her power, the arbalaster shudders and collapses. All that remains are some random cogwheels and a pile of matchwood.

OUT OF COMBAT.
You each earn 225XP, bringing you to 225XP total

The Hand still lies unconscious on the ground where he fell.


(29/31) Razorclaw Shifter Predator Druid

Shaking her head clear of the 'blue demons' magic, Luce moves up towards the guardsmen. "Good job there, I heard t' constables were grand in Downholme, but after that I feel safer already." her words come out breathlessly as she regains her composure.

Behind her she senses the presence of the Wolfman. 'It was an honour, to be involved in a brawl with him. Varis was as I imagined, silent, invisible - stalking his prey.' Luce gives a small hand-wave of gratitude to the keeper of the flock.

With a little kick of the match-wood Luce watches the opening in the Southern door. Without turning to the others she speaks; "Is t' gnoll alive? Hafta see if he'll tell us where me brother is." Her voice holding an edge of steely determination.

Short Rest? 5 minute rest where you can spend healing surges as the appropriate HP.


Surely, if you want to. You can question the Hand while doing so if you like.

As Luce says, during a short rest you can spend as many healing surges as you like to restore HP. Encounter powers recharge during this time as well. Note that any daily powers used may not be used again until you have taken an 8 hour extended rest.


(29/31) Razorclaw Shifter Predator Druid

Luce crouches down over the gnoll, her nose wrinkling at the smell. 'Tis worse than a tup in t' heat.'

The one-armed gnoll appeared to be just unconscious; though there are great gashes across it's flanks where Aurix's weapon bit deep. With a gentle kick she stirs the demi-human into conciousness.

"Oi, wake up, I know thee can hear me. Wake up, tell us where me brother and t' halfings are. Ye ken?" Her voice authoritative like her fathers.


Male Wood Elf Rogue 2 (AC: 18, F: 14, R: 18, W: 15 | HP: 20/30 [7/7 surges] | AP: 0 | Init: +5 [+11] | Passives I: 19, P: 21)

Varis descends the stairs nearby, as quietly as he acted the whole fight, walking up to where the group begins to question the gnoll. Turning to the motivated lass he suggests, "You should let someone more scary ask the questions." He turns his gaze to Aurix and Tiberious, as if asking which one of them will be doing it.


(29/31) Razorclaw Shifter Predator Druid

Despite knowing, or at least believing, that he was there Varis' words slightly startle the young woman. She pushes a stray lock of hair back over her ears, trying to brush away the embarrassing squeak she also made. "Scary, well I could do scary." she opens her mouth and runs her tongue down enlarged canines, suggestively.

"But he needs to answer. We need to find them, in case she is doing something to them..." Luce cannot bring herself to refer to or think about the ancient, evil god.


Male Dragonborn Fighter (Guardian): 2

Aurix glowers down at the recovering Gnoll and grunts once at Luce. "Let me try and persuade him then..." he growls low in his throat and stomps forwards, axe out and he taps it lightly on the tip of the Gnoll's nose.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

"So then, flea-bag, are you going to answer the woman's questions or do I need to bleed you a little more than I already have?" His golden eyes are hard as flint and he bares his long teeth at the thing, no nonsense or bluffing in his manner.

"I think I might start with breaking that ugly wet nose of yours. You don't exactly need that to hear me. And after I can move on to your good hand, and once that's broken there's always the demeaning nature of removing your tail...So, feeling talkative?"


The gnoll looks for a moment as though he'd like to bluster, but The Hand is above all a survivor.

"Morgana has the sacrifices already. They're inside," he rasps.


M Dwarf Wizard 2

"Sacrifices, hmmm? Sounds like something we should stop. And what are her forces, you villain?"


(29/31) Razorclaw Shifter Predator Druid

Luce looks to the dragonborn and smiles wanly at his kind words "Thanks"

At the mention of 'sacrifices' Luce both pales and flushes in rage. A low inhuman growl comes from her throat; "Scum." her words come out thick and dripping with emotion.


Male Dragonborn Fighter (Guardian): 2

Aurix glances at Luce and blinks once, then says curtly, "Don't thank me yet girl, your brother might be dead already." After this overly pessimistic and brutal sentence he snarls and looks to Tiberious, raising back up to his full height above the Gnoll. "Permission to execute Captain? You all go on ahead, I will only take a minute. Best get this girl to her sibling before she runs off alone."

He looks down at the obviously panicking Gnoll and he raises his axe in a final gesture. "I hope whatever God you serve has a warm reception, fiend."


HP: 23/25 | AC: 14 | FORT: 11 | REF: 13 | WILL: 16 | Eladrin Warlock 1

So we're taking a 'short rest'? If so Anastria will spend a healing surge to put her at 23Hp.

Anastria looks grim as the beast refers to Luce's brother as a sacrifice. She adjusts her armour and takes a moment to steady herself after the battle.

Looking to Tiberious she says quietly " Sorry about running off instead of staying with the group. I thought I'd be able to stop the bell ringer before anyone was alerted. "


Male Human 2nd Level Resourceful Warlord

Tiberious turns to look at the eladrin woman for a moment considering her before saying "You did what you though was best to serve our party. I could never ask anything else from anyone.No apology is necessary."

"Hmmm now wait a minute. Death by axe is no fit death for one such as him." Tiberious waves his hands getting the groups attention.

"I do believe that common criminals are given death by hanging, and as captain of the militia I think it is in my power to pronounce this dog guilty of kidnapping, murder, and thefts with additional crimes unknown." Tiberious grins and looks down at the gnoll before turning to look at Varis.

"I say elf man do you happen to have some rope we could use?"


The Hand snarls.

Did anyone tie him up? I don't see any mention of it.

"You'll have to catch me first."

Scrambling to his feet, he makes a break for the gateway.

OAs please from everyone.


(29/31) Razorclaw Shifter Predator Druid

All this talk of death puts Luce on edge. 'No Kyle must be alive. Surely I would know if he were dead.'

She looks on as Aurix & Tiberious talk of the imminent execution, behind a calm exterior she is aghast. Despite having heard about these things in the 'lawful' cities in the south, she never has thought of actual capital punishment. She watches as they prepare and then the gnoll bolts, Luce distraught and out of position just watches as Hand starts to move towards the gates.

No OA from her.


Male Dragonborn Fighter (Guardian): 2

AoO 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
BattleAxe Damage: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 Marking with Combat Challenge. If I understand it right it means that since I did damage to him, his Movement immediatly stops?

Aurix snarls and as the Hand tries to escape he whips out his axe in a scything arc, biting again into the foul Gnoll and possibly stopping him cold in his tracks.


Male Wood Elf Rogue 2 (AC: 18, F: 14, R: 18, W: 15 | HP: 20/30 [7/7 surges] | AP: 0 | Init: +5 [+11] | Passives I: 19, P: 21)

Varis still has his bow, so he is not going to make an OA. If it still lives afterward, he will fire when it has distance.

"Looks like it'd rather die a coward, no rope needed." he indicates matter of factly.


Aurix lands a heavy blow, felling the Hand once more and dropping him unconscious to the ground.

Where he will die unless you say otherwise.


(29/31) Razorclaw Shifter Predator Druid

Luce winces at the heavy blow, forcing herself not to turn away. 'He would have killed you as he has others, he took your brother. Well we won't know what else Morgana has in store.' she tells herself trying to calm her emotions.

She turns away finally avoiding the pool of blood upon the ground and moves into the southern building looking for entrances to Morgana's rooms and her brother.

Passive Perception 19 (20 near Varis)


Luce looks into the room, allowing her eyes a moment to adjust to the darkness. To the right she sees a pile of rank furs and further in, something that looks like a macabre shrine.

Ahead is another door. Even at this distance, she can smell something strange. If she can believe her nose, it reminds her of an overgrown mushroom field.


(29/31) Razorclaw Shifter Predator Druid

Standing in the doorway for a handful of seconds she lets her eyes adjust to the gloom, widening like a cats' - they take on the orange appearance of a crepuscular creature. Luce looks to the right taking in the gnolls sleeping area and bedding, she ignores the shrine and its myriad of possible horrors. Instead she moves lightly but decisively across the room, carefully placing her feet so that she does not set upon a trap or disgorge spores from any mushroom covered area. Passive Perception- 20

She moves to stand before the door, looking closely at it. Luce turns back to the others; "Is this safe?" she whispers. She waits for another (more suited/knowledgeble) to join her and check before she pushes the door open.


Male Human 2nd Level Resourceful Warlord

Im taking it that we are all now fully healed and ready to move out?

Tiberious gazes dispassionately behind his stell helmet at the dead and twitching gnoll before shrugging and turns to to pick up his javalins keeping one out, placing his spear in the other hand strapped to his shield.

Won't make that mistake again he thinks ti himself before going to study the entrance to the second room.

"Right then lets form up and get this over with we need to get down there now. Anyone have some torches?"


You have taken a short rest. Encounter powers are fully restored. Daily powers (if used) are not. If any of you used any surges to restore HP, please make sure the current total is up to date in your profiles.


M Dwarf Wizard 2

"I have some sunrods in my equipment." Vondal carefully removes his backpack, finds the small stack of sunrods bound together, and extracts one. He taps the metal rod sharply against a stone in the courtyard floor and it begins to glow at the tip. He then restows his gear and hikes his pack back on his shoulders before picking up the rod.


(29/31) Razorclaw Shifter Predator Druid

Luce looks away from the harsh luminescence of the sunrod for a second, letting her eyes adjust. "Thanks." she says to Vondal as he moves into the room.

Looking at the door before her, Luce waits for the group to 'form up' as the captain instructions and then pushes (pulls/slides/lifts/contorts) the door open.

Tiberious, you were on 18 after the 'Inspiring Word' (costing 1 surge), so during the 5 min. short rest. You could spend a Surge to get up to 22 with 5/7 surges left for the day.


The sunrod fills the grimy room with light. Although Luce has ignored the furs and the horrid shrine, something metallic glitters there.

The shifter girl waits by the door. It does not seem to be in good repair and would open with a good pull.


(29/31) Razorclaw Shifter Predator Druid

Luce looks up and motions to the others, disgusted by the furs and the evil idolatry. "There's summat int' furs. I don't mean lice. I you want t' grab it. Brass has it's uses."

Luce then pulls open the door smoothly and looks into the room.


Male Human 2nd Level Resourceful Warlord

ty luce so I just roll a d6 plus con mod right?


HP: 23/25 | AC: 14 | FORT: 11 | REF: 13 | WILL: 16 | Eladrin Warlock 1

"Not more than he deserved. Anastria states bluntly as she witnesses the gnolls fate. The golden haired eladrin then follows cautiously behind Luce and is quick to inspect the furs to see what caused the glint. "I'll put it in this seperate sack and we can all share it out later once we've saved Luce's brother" she says not wishing to appear greedy As she gathers up whatever she finds.


M Dwarf Wizard 2

"What is it?" asks Vondal, peering to see what Anastria has picked up.


M Dwarf Wizard 2
Tiberious Attica wrote:
ty luce so I just roll a d6 plus con mod right?

No, it's your healing surge value plus 1d6.


A silvery amulet lies within the furs. The engraving depicts a circlet of feathers. Burrowing deeper, Anastria finds a filthy leather pouch containing some tarnished silver pieces and an agate carved into the shape of a gnoll devouring a sheep.

She estimates that the carving is worth about 60gp, and the silver coins amount to a further 40gp worth.

Spoiler:

Safewing Amulet +1
+1 to Fort/Ref/Will
Property
When falling, you reduce the distance fallen (for the purpose of calculating damage) by a number of feet equal to 10 × the amulet’s enhancement bonus. You always land on your feet after a fall.


(29/31) Razorclaw Shifter Predator Druid

Luce smiles at Anastria's kind words, though she wants to find her brother quickly she is not opposed to the discovery of knowledge or Artifacts. After-all everyone is risking their health on this expedition.

Her train of thought rapidly reminds her of her own mortality and for a second her muscles feel weak as she pulls open the door, moving into the area beyond...


Map got eaten. I'm doing another one, hence the delay.


Male Wood Elf Rogue 2 (AC: 18, F: 14, R: 18, W: 15 | HP: 20/30 [7/7 surges] | AP: 0 | Init: +5 [+11] | Passives I: 19, P: 21)

Sorry, I got hungry, you shouldn't leave such tasty maps just laying about.


Male Dragonborn Fighter (Guardian): 2

Didn't even leave me with a smidgen of map for myself. Selfish Elvsees! lolz


I knew putting the chocolate sprinkles on it was a mistake :D


Luce's senses have not deceived her. The mushroom stench grows stronger as she pushes open the door and finds herself in a dark cavern. The only real light is a luminous symbol of Torog painted on the wall of a building at the opposite end of the cavern.

In the dim light, she can just see a precarious looking bridge leading across. Amid the mushroom smell, there is also another, even less pleasant odour. Something akin to a butcher shop on a hot day.

As Vondal appears behind her with his sunrod, the reason is made clear. At the bottom of the building lie many skeletons and body parts. They have been unceremoniously dumped off the edge of the cliff and left.

Faint luminiscence also comes from the mushrooms below. There are a good many of them and some of the fungi are of enormous size.

MAP

Explanation:
Weird pale green blobs are mushrooms.
Grey wood effect thing is the bridge.
Blue dot is where you are.
Bright green thing on the wall of the opposite building is a symbol of Torog.


(29/31) Razorclaw Shifter Predator Druid

Cavern lit before Luce, at first the stench is bareable; especially since she is used to the small slaughter building they have on the farm. But the mixture of bowels and blood causes her to gag. She stops for a second, trying to clear he head - however there is some residual emotions that stir inside her. A primal hunger for blood and flesh, carefully she ignores the feeling.

Ripping the hem and a couple of inches of her undershirt off; she wraps it around her mouth in an attempt to mitigate the smell. 'Mother would be upset, seeing me ruin my clothes.' Then she sets off into the cavern, trying not to look directly at the symbol.

Move to B15


The bridge looks secure enough to Luce, but more worrying is the muffled scream she hears coming from the building opposite.

MAP

Explanation:
Weird pale green blobs are mushrooms.
Grey wood effect thing is the bridge.
Blue dot is where you are.
Bright green thing on the wall of the opposite building is a symbol of Torog.


Male Wood Elf Rogue 2 (AC: 18, F: 14, R: 18, W: 15 | HP: 20/30 [7/7 surges] | AP: 0 | Init: +5 [+11] | Passives I: 19, P: 21)

Varis moves in, crouched for cover as best he can find with the light exposing everything. He creeps up to the rail of the walk, peering into the field of fungus below, attempting to pick out any threats lurking within the meaty stalks.

Stealth 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13 (passive 20 with low-light)


(29/31) Razorclaw Shifter Predator Druid

'Oh, droppings.' Luce thinks; "Someone, int' there." she tells the others before starting to move forward.


Male Wood Elf Rogue 2 (AC: 18, F: 14, R: 18, W: 15 | HP: 20/30 [7/7 surges] | AP: 0 | Init: +5 [+11] | Passives I: 19, P: 21)

Was in a hurry and forgot to add that he moved to D6.


There are no signs of life among the fungi, although they do seem to be exceptionally well grown - almost man-sized in some cases.

MAP

Explanation:
Weird pale green blobs are mushrooms.
Grey wood effect thing is the bridge.
Blue dot is where you are.
Bright green thing on the wall of the opposite building is a symbol of Torog.


Male Wood Elf Rogue 2 (AC: 18, F: 14, R: 18, W: 15 | HP: 20/30 [7/7 surges] | AP: 0 | Init: +5 [+11] | Passives I: 19, P: 21)

Varis waves everyone in, pointing to where the bridge meets the opposite side. "You all go ahead, I keep an eye out, then follow you across."


(29/31) Razorclaw Shifter Predator Druid

Luce thinks for a second, then another scream comes from across the crevasse. All thought goes from her head and she starts to move across the bridge. "Thanks, Wolfman." She then sets off at a sprint, her inhuman speed helping her move over the bridge. Rushing on the balls of her feet she tries to keep her balance.

Double Move, when it's her go again. Sprinting/Running for +2sq. So, move to K16 then to T17.

251 to 300 of 1,371 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Den of the Slave Takers (4e) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.