Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Den of the Slave Takers (4e)

Game Master Rev Rosey

4e adventures in the Chaos Scar set in Yorkshire turned up to 11.


1,251 to 1,300 of 1,371 << first < prev | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | next > last >>

(29/31) Razorclaw Shifter Predator Druid

Then delay until after Luce. She'll push 2 away from you and blow her AP to get the other in close to?


M Dwarf Wizard 2

Well, if you can bunch them up, but not near me, that'll work just fine. Delaying until after Luce.


(29/31) Razorclaw Shifter Predator Druid

Luce bounds forward a snarl upon her lips, circling her bloodied prey she ensures that she can flank he foe. Biting him hard she virtually reaches the marrow of his bones. Then she throws him backwards towards his King.

Subsequently shimmering into the young woman; an enigmatic smile upon her face. She draws upon the angry spirits of the local people, killed by their raids - blasting him and the King with cold air.

Move: To J7 via I8 (for a flank)
Standard: Savage Rend Vs C1 (Ref) 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 2 = 13; Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12 And slide C1 to K7
Minor: Beastshape back to Human form & shift to I6
Spend AP: Chill Wind Vs C1 (Fort) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 & Vs U (Fort)1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6 & C1 goes to L8 (if free L7 if not) & U goes to M9

Save Vs Poison: 1d20 ⇒ 10

Hopefully the first attack hits (as the Flame seed hit Reflex 11 earlier). If not then Luce'll try again with the AP, feel free to use any roll.


Been having a couple of teething troubles with the new computer.

Bursting down the cliff-face, Luce's sheepdog instincts herd the cut-throats and Urgog together for Vondal's attention.

Luce - you missed C1 with Savage Rend, so no slide I think. You didn't hit with the Flame Seed. I stuffed it up. Chill Wind hits both of them.

MAP

Vondal
Varis
Caine - delayed
Urgog - readied
Sigvard
Cut-throat 1 - BLOODIED; prone
Cut-throat 2 - readied
Kendal - +2 all defs to SNT (used second wind);
Spanglefang - dazed to end Vondal's next turn
Luce - used AP


M Dwarf Wizard 2

TIME TO UNLEASH HELL!

OK, time for the Force Orb. Fired at Urgog: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14 v Reflex, 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (7, 2) + 4 = 13 force damage on a hit. It then affects a Burst 1, not including Urgog, which in this instance is C1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18 v Reflex, 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 force damage on a hit.

Vondal hurls an orb of magical force at the goblin chief, which then shatters into deadly flying flinders.


Vondal sends a ball of energy from on high. Urgog is deft enough to avoid it, but C1 is unable to withstand the pummeling and stays in a still, prone heap, to move no more. As the reverberations die away, Spanglefang's full attention comes back to the bard on her head.

MAP

Varis
Caine - delayed
Urgog - readied
Sigvard
Cut-throat 2 - readied
Kendal - +2 all defs to SNT (used second wind);
Spanglefang
Luce - used AP
Vondal


Male Wood Elf Rogue 2 (AC: 18, F: 14, R: 18, W: 15 | HP: 20/30 [7/7 surges] | AP: 0 | Init: +5 [+11] | Passives I: 19, P: 21)

Varis uses the shadows he rests in to his best, firing from within the darkness. He is too focused on moving after the shot that he richochets an arrow off the side of the cliff's edge.

Standard, Deft Strike on Urgog 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 8 + 2 = 11.
Move, 7 sq left/diagonally to be against the wall (can't manipulate or see the top and bottom edges of the map at work), and he re-stealths. 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18


Inching his way along the wall, Varis attempts to bring Urgog down before he can do more damage. The arrow sprints over the self-proclaimed king's head and into the surrounding webbing, but the effect is just enough to allow a distraction. The Wolfman sidles onwards undetected.

Urgog has the sense of preservation of a paper bag. He cannot possibly continue to roll this badly for spotting an elf firing arrows at him.

MAP

Caine
Urgog - readied
Sigvard
Cut-throat 2 - readied
Kendal - +2 all defs to SNT (used second wind);
Spanglefang
Luce - used AP
Vondal
Varis


Radavel? You still with us?


Caine seems temporarily stunned by the goings on, as Urgog, clearly not the smartest goblin anyone will ever meet, loses patience and heads towards Kendall.

1d20+9=25. Hits.
1d10+4=10
10 damage to Kendall

"This why I'm the King. I hurt things!"

The second cut-throat looks a bit doubtful and glances up at the ceiling.

MAP

Sigvard
Cut-throat 2 - readied
Kendal - +2 all defs to SNT (used second wind);
Spanglefang
Luce - used AP
Vondal
Varis
Caine
Urgog - readied


Male Human Bard(Skald) 2

Sigvard looks momentarily startled to find himself on top of a spider, but he adapts by shifting slightly, raising his spear above his head and stabbing it down into the soft abdomen.

"To arms!
Under one banner
As a unit we stand
And united we fall -
As one fighting together
Bringing the end to the slaughter
Winds are changing
Head at north!"

Shift to D8? If that is possible while hanging on to Spanglefang. Sigvard would like to stay on, behind the head to make it unlikely she can bite him.
Basic melee attack, 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24 vs AC Possibly another +2, if he has CA? 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 damage
If the attack hits, Song of Savagery, Luce gets +4 to her next damage roll.


Jauntily riding the spider, Sigvard chants melodically as he drives his blade firmly into the plump body beneath him. Spanglefang hisses with outrage, her body shaking with a mixture of pain and fury.

You can try and stay on Sigvard, but she will attempt to chuck you to the ground first chance she gets.

The second cut-throat hurtles to the aid of his king, but cannot find an opening in Kendall's steel-plate.

He didn't have much chance anyway, but rolling a 4 did nothing to help his cause.

MAP

Kendal - used second wind
Spanglefang
Luce - used AP; +4 to next damage roll
Vondal
Varis
Caine
Urgog
Sigvard
Cut-throat 2


Male Dwarf 1 Knight

Kendall raises an eyebrow, "Well, good and gracious king, you've made a tactical error." His profile grows menacing as he hefts his craghammer, "You've found yourselves in the presence of a true knight."

Minor: Glowering Threat:
Urgog and C2 get -5 to hit anyone but me
Minor: Shift Aura to Cleaving Assault
MBA against C2
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18 for 1d10 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
If that hits, Urgog takes 3.
Action Point!
MBA against C2 Whiff!
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11 for 1d10 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12


Kendall's attack draws Urgog and his cut-throat's attention rather effectively. Spanglefang, on the other hand, has quite different issues as she attempts to shake off the bard sitting on her back.

Climbing effortlessly up the walls, she shakes herself, hoping to dislodge Sigvard and send him tumbling to the ground. The bard is caught off guard by the sudden movement ...

Athletics check v Siggy's Fort.
1d20+4=21. Success, I do believe.
She shakes Sigvard free.
Sigvard gets an immediate save to stop himself falling off the cliff. If he fails he takes 2d10 damage and unless he makes another save, will also be prone.

MAP

Luce - used AP; +4 to next damage roll
Vondal
Varis
Caine
Urgog - -5 to hit anyone but Kendall
Sigvard -
Cut-throat 2 - -5 to hit anyone but Kendall
Kendal - used second wind; used AP
Spanglefang


Male Human Bard(Skald) 2

To avoid falling, Saving throw 1d20 ⇒ 7
If that fails, Saving throw 1d20 ⇒ 4
Edit: That went well. I think Siggy must have entertained people mostly by falling over a lot.


Predator

The rousing song of Sigvard punctuated by a yelp and splat causes Luce to look around at the man. Her ire raised with these creature; she kicks the loose dirt of the floor into the creatures eyes. The power of the grit is quite significant as it cuts into their flesh, causing them to be off guard.

"If you were a real King you'd b' guarded by real knights not just a couple of spitlickles." she taunts the blinded King.

Standard: Thorn Spray (close blast:5) Vs U (fort): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16 Vs C2 (fort): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Upon a hit Damage: 1d6 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 4 = 12 And -3 to all defenses.
Move: Shift to H6
Minor: Wildshape into a Beast

'Wow, I am not used to changing shape so rapidly. This is a learning experience for sure.'


Possibly Sigvard specialised in falling with style?

Luce is only momentarily distracted by the thud of the falling bard.

2d10=7
7 damage to Siggy and he is prone.

"My goblins aren't spicklittles, they're mighty warriors," bellows Urgog - incorrectly as it turns out. His cut-throat has the grace to look a little embarrassed as blood drips from the new wound.

"Excuse me. I was an engineer before you called me up as a cut-throat," he protests.

Vondal
Varis
Caine
Urgog - -5 to hit anyone but Kendall
Sigvard - prone
Cut-throat 2 - BLOODIED; -5 to hit anyone but Kendall; -3 defenses to end Luce's next turn
Kendal - used second wind; used AP
Spanglefang
Luce - used AP; +4 to next damage roll


Paging Vondal.


M Dwarf Wizard 2

Freezing Burst, centred on K7 and hitting Urgog and his cutter.
Urgog: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23 v Reflex
Cutter: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26 v Reflex
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
I get to slide them a square if I want, but honestly can't think of anywhere useful to send them, so I won't.

Vondal releases another of his trademark localised snowstorms.


Male Dwarf 1 Knight

Nice one, Vondal! I'll point out that while I don't want a flank, they might not be immune to the web I'm currently in, so sticking one of them there might be nice.


M Dwarf Wizard 2

OK, I'll slide Urgog to L5 and the cutter to I5, if the DM permits a late change of plan.


I permit, but the cutter is now dead.

Abrupt, bitter chill obliterates the second cutter, but Urgog is made of stronger stuff and laughs through chattering teeth as he is swept into the webbing.

"Still mighty, still Urgog. Not stuck for long," he bellows.

MAP

Varis
Caine
Urgog - -5 to hit anyone but Kendall
Sigvard
Kendal - used second wind; used AP
Spanglefang
Luce - used AP; +4 to next damage roll
Vondal


Male Wood Elf Rogue 2 (AC: 18, F: 14, R: 18, W: 15 | HP: 20/30 [7/7 surges] | AP: 0 | Init: +5 [+11] | Passives I: 19, P: 21)

Being able to see the map, I realize I was moved the wrong direction. He had moved left. I put him where he should have ended last turn, in Q1.

Varis tires of firing ineffectually from the darkness, he decides to move in and use the support provided by the loud dwarf Kendall. He runs up to the edge of the room, leaping gracefully through the air, flipping once, before landing right behind the goblin 'king'. Drawing an arrow, he twists away from any possible swings, and fires.... somewhere off into the dark of the cavern.

Move action, first to N3 to begin leap, landing in L5.
Athletics for the Jump 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24 - cleared the 1.5 sq
Acrobatics to avoid damage 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23 - avoid up to 11 dmg
Free, activate bow, this attack will not provoke an OA.
Standard, Probing Strike on Urgog 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 8 + 2 = 12 vs AC, effect: gain a +1 to my next atk against him.
ARRRGH! So this is why Arakan has been rolling well, I hate being a striker that can't hit 80% of the time.


Male Dwarf 1 Knight

Kendall scowls, "Not long for this world, either."


Frustration levels reaching a dangerous high here. I can only apologise for messing you about for months now, but my computer is still messing me about.

@Varis - apologies. Amended :) I was wondering when Arakan's good luck would start to rub off on Varis.

Varis leaps gracefully into the fray, but Spanglefang's gorgeous colouration catches his eye at just the wrong moment.

Urgog ignores the incoming elf and concentrates on the steely face and form of Kendall. Shifting clear of the webbing, he shows that he has at least the combat abilities of a leader, even if he lacks the braincells.

Shifts out of webs (they don't affect him).
1d20+9=23 v Kendall. Hits.
1d10+4=14
14 damage to Kendall

MAP

Sigvard
Kendal - used second wind; used AP
Spanglefang
Luce - used AP; +4 to next damage roll
Vondal
Varis
Caine
Urgog - -5 to hit anyone but Kendall


Predator

"GRRRrrrrrrrrr" The wolf growls as her friend is hurt.

BTW do we have an AP? From the fight in the forest & getting past the goblins.


Yes, you do.


Male Dwarf 1 Knight

redotting, Rev's back so we'll be kicking back into gear soon, I imagine.


Yup. I'm back. Can I have a quick roll call here of who's still around after my lengthy, if unavoidable absences?


Predator

"Meeeoooww?" :3 Luce momentarilly forgets her languages.


M Dwarf Wizard 2

Poised like a coiled spring.


Male Wood Elf Rogue 2 (AC: 18, F: 14, R: 18, W: 15 | HP: 20/30 [7/7 surges] | AP: 0 | Init: +5 [+11] | Passives I: 19, P: 21)

Varis hopes that the brief breather was enough to make him more successful in combat.


Okie doke. Once Sigvard checks in, he can take his long-awaited turn :)


Male Human Bard(Skald) 2

Sigvard stands and glares at his adversary. "You'd better come down here and fight, ugly. See, I'll even give you room to get your bloated body down in." He backs away from the cliff.

[ooc]Stand
Move to G6
Can't remember what I was singing, so:
"In the great shouts of joy,
The horses are crying together
Let's drink up the nectar in the victorious winds
Blowing on the gracious horns for the dead comrades
Look high up in the sky, the eagles are flying."[ooc]


Male Dwarf 1 Knight

Hah, that jerk shifted. OA attack!

MBA Whiff
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
1d10 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

My turn

Kendall takes a quick swing at Urgog, in retaliation, but the webs hampered him.

Shifting his stance, he takes another shot. "Your reign's ending, good king." He spits the last words out as he swings.

Minor: Shift Aura to Defend the Line
Standard: MBA
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 Whiff, Kendall must be out of shape!
1d10 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

Move:[b] Athletics to get out of Webbed area
Athletics
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

Kendall is bloodied, Sigvard, your skaald aura was all used up, right? How about Caine?


Male Human Bard(Skald) 2

I'm almost certain there should still be a charge in the Skald's aura. It is two per encounter, like other healers. Neat that an ally can trigger it.


Male Dwarf 1 Knight

okay let me edit my turn then. I don't need to move yet!

change that Move to a Minor, to take the skaald aura. Much obliged


Sigvard waltzes clear, chanting a happy warlike tune and giving some much needed help to his dangling comrade. Kendall swats ineffectively at Urgog, while Spanglefang contemplates her next move. Glittering with unshed venom, she shimmies down the wall as easily as she climbed it and spits more poison at Luce and Sigvard. Sigvard simply stares into the nearest eye, quelling the sparkly archnid, but Luce isn't so lucky.

Poison Spittle (Will). Close Blast 3. On hit ongoing 10 poison (se).
Targets Luce and Sigvard.
1d20+10=24 v Luce. Hits.
1d20+10=12 v Sigvard. Miss.

MAP

Luce - used AP; +4 to next damage roll; 10 ongoing poison (se)
Vondal
Varis
Caine
Urgog - -5 to hit anyone but Kendall
Sigvard
Kendal - used second wind; used AP
Spanglefang


Predator

"GRRrrrrrrrrrr" she growls loudly as the poisonous globules coat her fur. She looks to the creature and darts towards it, he long powerful legs pushing her. Then suddenly she alters her direction to pounce upon the 'King' from behind.

Slavering jaws find flesh as the unsuspecting goblin is bitten hard, Sigvards words giving her a warm feeling inside and causing her to forget her usual disinclination to violence. Throwing the Goblin King to once side she shakes her coat free of the putrid poison.

Resist Poison (10) = 0 On-going taken.
Move to J7 - if Spanglefang has Reach 2 then he gets an OA upon Luce. Thus she flanks Urgog. (h7-i8-j7)
Standard: Savage Rend Vs U (ref). 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 6 + 2 = 21. Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 4 = 10 - I can also shift him 1 space on a hit? Where? K5 so Varis gets a sneak attack sound good?
Save Vs Poison: 1d20 ⇒ 14


No OA from Spanglefang as she has reach, but not threatening reach.

Tearing past the glittering spidery menace, Luce pounces on Urgog, biting hard and shoveling the self-styled monarch into the webbing.

Urgog splutters with outrage at this obvious mistreatment.

MAP

Vondal
Varis
Caine
Urgog - -5 to hit anyone but Kendall
Sigvard
Kendal - used second wind; used AP
Spanglefang
Luce (resist 10 poison) - used AP


M Dwarf Wizard 2

Freezing Burst on Spanglefang: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18 v Ref, damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 and shifting her 1 to F-G/10-11 on a successful hit.

Keen to avoid collateral damage by attacking Urgog when his friends are so close, Vondal focuses his wrath on the giant spider instead.


Still perched high on the cliff ledge, Vondal's blast of cold air narrowly misses Spanglefang.

Perception check please, Vondal.

MAP

Varis
Caine
Urgog - -5 to hit anyone but Kendall
Sigvard
Kendal - used second wind; used AP
Spanglefang
Luce (resist 10 poison) - used AP
Vondal


Male Wood Elf Rogue 2 (AC: 18, F: 14, R: 18, W: 15 | HP: 20/30 [7/7 surges] | AP: 0 | Init: +5 [+11] | Passives I: 19, P: 21)

Relieved that Luce's move brought the goblin back into range, Varis strikes out again, using Kendall's pressure on the thing to get a vital strike in.

Probing Strike 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 8 + 1 + 2 = 26, damage 1d6 + 4 + 2d6 ⇒ (1) + 4 + (2, 3) = 10


Struggling with his unexpected mouthful of webbing, Urgog is in no position to fend off Varis's well-placed arrow.

Perception check please, Vondal.

MAP

Caine
Urgog - -5 to hit anyone but Kendall
Sigvard
Kendal - used second wind; used AP
Spanglefang
Luce (resist 10 poison) - used AP
Vondal
Varis


M Dwarf Wizard 2

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

"Huh?"


Distracted by the fight below him, Vondal notices nothing. Varis, on the other hand, hears a sound above and a swift glance upwards confirms his suspicions. Web nets hang from the ceiling, waiting to release their contents on the combatants below.

Just remembered that Varis has a high enough passive to spot them. Oops. So much for that surprise.


Male Wood Elf Rogue 2 (AC: 18, F: 14, R: 18, W: 15 | HP: 20/30 [7/7 surges] | AP: 0 | Init: +5 [+11] | Passives I: 19, P: 21)

I thought Varis was using his sword when he went melee, but he still had his bow due to action economy. This turn, he should have drawn his blade before he attacked, and used it.

Varis, sees the odd trap of sorts hanging above, "Beware of the nets above." He points with his weapon.


Slip of the keyboard. Apologies.

Caine?


Male Wood Elf Rogue 2 (AC: 18, F: 14, R: 18, W: 15 | HP: 20/30 [7/7 surges] | AP: 0 | Init: +5 [+11] | Passives I: 19, P: 21)

No, it wasn't you, I thought I had it out when I attacked. You were right that I still had my bow, but I did the numbers for my sword but forgot I hadn't drawn it yet.


Paizo has been most reluctant to let me in. Anyone would think I was having a run of bad-tech-luck or something.

Completely unaware of any additional danger, Caine is caught off-guard by Urgog's hidden troops. Unable to react in time, he is swiftly trussed in a webbing net as hordes of the little brutes start to drag him away.

Urgog grasps the webs behind him and shifts up the wall before yelling to his minions above. On cue, they cut the webbing and unleash a flurry of small rocks over Kendall and Varis. As they land, they shatter, making the ground beneath razor sharp and treacherous.

Shrapnel attack (Ref v Varis and Kendall). On hit, target takes 4 ongoing damage (se)
1d20+8=21 v Varis
1d20+8=25 v Kendall
1d6+3=6
6 damage to Kendall and Varis and 4 ongoing (se)

MAP

Red square indicates difficult terrain (i.e. razor sharp rock. Entering the area deals 2 damage and you cannot shift on it.

Sigvard
Kendal - used second wind; used AP; 4 ongoing (se)
Spanglefang
Luce (resist 10 poison) - used AP
Vondal
Varis - 4 ongoing (se)
Caine - entangled and being dragged away by goblins
Urgog - -5 to hit anyone but Kendall

1,251 to 1,300 of 1,371 << first < prev | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Den of the Slave Takers (4e) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.