Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Den of the Slave Takers (4e)

Game Master Rev Rosey

4e adventures in the Chaos Scar set in Yorkshire turned up to 11.


501 to 550 of 1,371 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>

(29/31) Razorclaw Shifter Predator Druid

Crouched down Luce looks at Kyle methodically; she tries to distance herself as Gran taught her. 'You must treat the patient like an animal, compassion but detachment, elsewise you young lady will not be able to do owt.'

She takes a deep breath, pulls off her leather jacket and tucks it under his head. Carefully she checks him over for wounds, bite marks, or other sites whereby he may have been drugged. "If it's divine intervention or arcane magic, then I know not what to do."

Luce cracks open her Grandmothers totemic box, the small wooden box creaks gently and the pungent smell of spices and herbs eminates as Luce thinks about a poultice.

Heal/Nature 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12


M Dwarf Wizard 2

Vondal pockets the meteorite fragment for later study.


It does not take Luce long to work out the source of the problem. The captives have been forced to inhale toxic smoke, probably to make them more malleable. Taking them into the open air will cure them fast enough, but they will only be able to move slowly and with guidance.


(29/31) Razorclaw Shifter Predator Druid

She looks to the others as she gently mops Kyles' brow; "Does someone want to check out t' stairs to see where it leads. Shout if there's trouble, I'll make sure these are ready to leave." she asks. "They just need a breath of fresh air, dales air it'll fix 'em reet up."


HP: 23/25 | AC: 14 | FORT: 11 | REF: 13 | WILL: 16 | Eladrin Warlock 1

Smiling that Luce has found her brother Anastria turns to Tiberious. " Come on Tibby let's find out what's at the top of those stairs. " Anastria moves up the stairs combing some friz out of her hair.


(29/31) Razorclaw Shifter Predator Druid

Luce swallows down a smile; 'Tibby!'.

Then she gives her friend a quick nod and continues to look at the halflings and her brothers injuries.


Male Human 2nd Level Resourceful Warlord

Ok probably would've struck to kill lol make it simple

Tiberious suppresses a smile and nods towards the elven woman and begins to trudge up the stairs after her.


Male Wood Elf Rogue 2 (AC: 18, F: 14, R: 18, W: 15 | HP: 20/30 [7/7 surges] | AP: 0 | Init: +5 [+11] | Passives I: 19, P: 21)

With all the noise being made, Varis follows up after the first two, keeping to the shadows, and kepping cover behind the edge of the stairs to get the jump on anything that may be above. He moves with his usual silence.

Stealth 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22


M Dwarf Wizard 2

So what is at the end of the stairs - a door?


The staircase ends in a door. Nothing can be heard beyond it and it is not locked.

Luce continues to tend to Kyle and the other survivors, gently urging them to their feet.


M Dwarf Wizard 2

"Varis, can you have a look at this door?"


Major snag. Flickr has changed its editor and will now not allow me to update. I'm going to have to reload all my maps elsewhere. Grumpy.


(29/31) Razorclaw Shifter Predator Druid

Wow, boo, especially with your ToH games and Lost City getting so complex.

Luce puts her arms around her brothers shoulders and lets all his weight rest upon her. Slowly she stumbles across the floor carrying him.


HP: 23/25 | AC: 14 | FORT: 11 | REF: 13 | WILL: 16 | Eladrin Warlock 1

Anastria runs her fingers over the seems of the door trying to detect any traps herself while she waits for Varis. Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


Anastria doesn't find any obvious traps, but she does hear some scuffling behind the door.

So aggravating. Mapping is having to be completely re-done and it is driving me steadily crazy.


Human

Ye gods and little fishes. This is insane. Flickr have replaced something editable with something non-editable. I could spit. Until I can get something sorted out, I can't update anything. I'm so very sorry.


M Dwarf Wizard 2

Though it is a bit primitive in comparison, I use google.docs spreadsheets.


Male Dragonborn Fighter (Guardian): 2

Aurix bolsters himself then sets off after the others, grumbling darkly and hefting his axe, intent on rooting out this foul cult to the very roots. His temper was not helping and he rumbled deep in his throat when he sees the party assembled before a door.

Spending a Healing Surge. Moving up with the others.


Male Wood Elf Rogue 2 (AC: 18, F: 14, R: 18, W: 15 | HP: 20/30 [7/7 surges] | AP: 0 | Init: +5 [+11] | Passives I: 19, P: 21)

Varis takes a brief moment to look the door over, trying to get a read on whether there is anything funny going on with it, or beyond it.

Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19 (passive 20)

"I don't think it's locked, but what's beyond I can't be sure." He indicates to the two foremost on the stairs, implying that there is no reason they shouldn't just open it.

Rosey, I use PowerPoint and post to Flickr. If that's not an option there is another program I came across when I first started that you can give edit permissions to each player and they can move their own. It's like Dabbleboard or something. It's like a big Dry Erase Whiteboard online.


Thanks for the suggestions. I'll take a look at Dabbleboard and Google spreadsheets as options. Otherwise I'm left with Photobucket which I abandoned long ago for slow loading, losing maps and other sins. I have to have something easily editable with four games, two of which have split themselves into two parties.


Hope everyone had a lovely Easter. Functionality is restored.

Varis and Aurix join the group on the stairs. The elf can see nothing barring the door.

Luce continues to tend to Kyle and the other survivors.

Going in?


Male Dragonborn Fighter (Guardian): 2

That's the plan


M Dwarf Wizard 2

Let's do it (I'm standing at the back as usual).


Aurix crashes through the door and finds himself nose to nose with another of Morgana's abominable creations.

Everyone but the Witherling gets a surprise round. Which I suspect means it won't live long enough to do much.

Upper floor

Surprise round. ONE action each (either move, minor or standard).

Aurix
Varis
Anastria - in range, but off map
Vondal - in range but off map
Tiberious
Witherling - no action this round
Luce - out of range


M Dwarf Wizard 2

I'll delay - not sure I can do anything without hitting others.


Male Dragonborn Fighter (Guardian): 2

Aurix grunts in surprise and before the thing can react, draws in a huge breath and with a roar, looses another Dragon-like roar and slashes powerfully with his axe!

Steel Serpent Strike
Encounter Power, Standard Action
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17 VS AC
2d10 + 5 ⇒ (7, 5) + 5 = 17 And Target is Slowed and Cannot Shift until the end of next turn


Aurix vents his feelings on the Witherling, chopping expertly through sinew and effectively hobbling the creature.

Upper floor

Surprise round. ONE action each (either move, minor or standard).

Varis
Anastria - in range, but off map
Vondal - in range but off map
Tiberious
Witherling - BLOODIED; no action this round
Luce - out of range
Aurix


Male Wood Elf Rogue 2 (AC: 18, F: 14, R: 18, W: 15 | HP: 20/30 [7/7 surges] | AP: 0 | Init: +5 [+11] | Passives I: 19, P: 21)

Varis tests the waters with a shot past Aurix's shoulder, setting himself up to follow through in case it's needed. His shot finds home well enough, and digs deep into the creature.

Probing Shot 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24 (+2 with CA), damage 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 (plus 2d6 ⇒ (4, 5) = 9 with SA), and Varis has a +1 to his next atk roll vs the target.


Varis continues the demolition work.

Upper floor

Surprise round. ONE action each (either move, minor or standard).

Anastria - in range, but off map
Vondal - in range but off map
Tiberious
Witherling - BLOODIED; no action this round; slowed and cant' shift to end next turn
Luce - out of range
Aurix
Varis - +1 to next attack against Witherling


Male Wood Elf Rogue 2 (AC: 18, F: 14, R: 18, W: 15 | HP: 20/30 [7/7 surges] | AP: 0 | Init: +5 [+11] | Passives I: 19, P: 21)

Varis didn't drop it with his 18 dmg on top of Aurix's 17? Also, Anastria in the discussion thread mentioned having to quit the game. I'm not sure exactly when.


Ah, missed that. I misread your damage for 9, not 18. Sorry to hear about Anastria.

Varis's arrow finds a vital spot and the Witherling slumps to the ground, virtually falling apart as the arcane bonds holding it together collapse.

The corridor lies open before the party.

Anastria pauses, her head up and alert as she senses something meant only for her. Silently, she gathers her belongings and looks up at the group.

"My masters call," she states calmly. "I'll help Luce with the captives and then I must leave you."

Upper floor


(29/31) Razorclaw Shifter Predator Druid

As Anastria comes up the stairs, Luce is tending to the halflings. Having cleared the altar and thrown a dirty rag over it, Luce has placed the child-sized people sat on the edge whilst she tends to their wounds and tries to clear their heads.

With a look of concentration upon her face, Luce turns to the new-comer. Anastria explaining her situation causes the emotional Luce to mist up; with a big hug to her friend she whispers to the departing lady. "You are a grand lass, a good friend. Know that you'll always be welcome at the stead, if thee finds themselves o'er tha. I hope to see thee agin, I'll have that drink with thee, hang on."

Luce rumages in a small sack and produces a wine bottle. "Elderberry wine, me Ma's brew - the best. Have a drink on me and check ta see Betsy's alreet on thee way owt." her voice hoarse with sorrow and joy.

As she watches Anastria move Luce stands with a thin smile upon her face. 'I hoped that I could introduce her to Kyle properly. He needs a good woman.'


Anastria suppresses a slight gasp as the wine goes down. It's excellent, but unexpected and packs a punch.

"I'll check on Betsy. Take care of them all, Luce."

One swift hug, and she is gone, following her implacable masters wherever they lead.

Luce continues her work, aware that moving the survivors will take time. None of them are yet capable of going anywhere without support.


(29/31) Razorclaw Shifter Predator Druid

After having a good look at the victims she places her loose over shirt over them to keep them warm. Putting back on her flexible leather, she follows the 'men-folk'.

Down the stairs she just about catches up with the last of them; "You guys alright. Anastria's left,' he voice nearly cracks but she won't let it show infront of the Wolf-man 'the injured are upstairs, they should be safe.... with a bit a luck. They ain't going anywhere, 'til we finished with this place. Found owt else?" She carries on following the group.


Male Dragonborn Fighter (Guardian): 2

Move to M6
Aurix cleans off the blade of his axe and glances behind him to nod once at Varis for helping him dispatch the bloody creature then he steps over the piled lump of stuff left from it and continues on into the room, shield and axe held ready. He snorts once at the news the Eladrin in gone.

"Pity that, she knew the right way to hurt those things." He shrugs then and keeps walking.


Male Wood Elf Rogue 2 (AC: 18, F: 14, R: 18, W: 15 | HP: 20/30 [7/7 surges] | AP: 0 | Init: +5 [+11] | Passives I: 19, P: 21)

Aurix, M6 is in a room entered through the door at L4.

Varis creeps up to the corner of the corridor, and peers around it to see if anything else is in the hallway.


As he rounds the corner, Varis sees the telltale signs of a trap. Half hidden under crumbling stonework, he can just see rusty spearheads waiting to launch themselves at the unwary.


Male Wood Elf Rogue 2 (AC: 18, F: 14, R: 18, W: 15 | HP: 20/30 [7/7 surges] | AP: 0 | Init: +5 [+11] | Passives I: 19, P: 21)

He holds up a hand to halt the advance of the others, and then mimics his best version of a bear trap closing. Without waitng for signs of understanding, he rounds the corner, approaches the obstacle, and with tools at the ready prepares to attempt disarming it.

Thievery 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23


(29/31) Razorclaw Shifter Predator Druid

Luce holds her breath as she watches the elven protectors nimble fingers work on the lock. She looks behind her back towards the chamber above where people lie.

Taken a short rest, during the healing of Kyle & the stout folk. 25/26HP & 1 surge left.


Varis has no difficulty finding the trigger mechanism and swiftly disables it.


Male Wood Elf Rogue 2 (AC: 18, F: 14, R: 18, W: 15 | HP: 20/30 [7/7 surges] | AP: 0 | Init: +5 [+11] | Passives I: 19, P: 21)

He signals to the others to come forward, and then moves ahead to the next door, listening for signs of something beyond.

Perc 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20


Varis hears nothing behind the door, and notices that it is only lightly bolted.


Male Wood Elf Rogue 2 (AC: 18, F: 14, R: 18, W: 15 | HP: 20/30 [7/7 surges] | AP: 0 | Init: +5 [+11] | Passives I: 19, P: 21)

He steps back and sweeps his arm invitingly toward Tiberious and Aurix to pass him and enter the room.


(29/31) Razorclaw Shifter Predator Druid

Luce keeps near the rear of the group, she whispers to the tall Elf; "If you need a flank, just call out. I know you can merge with the shadows if needs be, but I am a quick 'un." she says with a wink.


Male Dragonborn Fighter (Guardian): 2

Aurix grunts once at Varis as he passes by, shield and axe raised still, meaning to cut down any opponent that attacks them now. He is still not in the best of moods and this business with dark gods, abducted and altered prisoners and black magic having put him into a foul temperment. Still, it was nothing to interfere with his work here, but he would much rather be fighting an orc in the open than a cult in the shadows.

Perception 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13


Male Human 2nd Level Resourceful Warlord

Tiberious strides into the room just after the dragon man his spear held at the ready. He was un settled that already one companion had fled and this dark business was still looming unfinished.


The door swings open revealing a brightly lit chamber lined with plants. Scattered in heaps are random piles of gold coins, while to the back of the room is a halfling sized bed below an elaborate headboard.

Along the south wall stands a darkwood desk covered in apapers.


(29/31) Razorclaw Shifter Predator Druid

This is of course unless the plants attack...

Knowledge (Nature): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

Luce carefully enters the room, she knows exactly where all the information and evil will be... she goes to look under the bed.

Ignoring the boring letters and plans on the desk, Luce flicks up the sheets. Holding her nose tightly she looks; "Dere's a gazundah, hang on is dere owt behind it." she says in a nasal voice. She moves the chamberpot out of they way with a carefull finger.


Quickly noting that Morgana had green fingers and that the plants comprise an indoor vegetable garden and herb patch, Luce turns her attention to the unsavoury contents of a the gazunder. Nothing else is under the bed.


(29/31) Razorclaw Shifter Predator Druid

After a quick glance, Luce looks away from the pottery bowl. Her keen senses and heightened smell acting more as a hinderance than a help. 'Where do you keep important stuff? I know where I keep me diary!

The small bed reminding her of the child's bed that she used until rather too recently, not having the resources to get a new one. She removes the pillow and looks underneath for a diary or herb lore book. Then she moves over to the herbs and plants trying to find which ones may have been used to drug Kyle and the rest of the halflings.

501 to 550 of 1,371 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Den of the Slave Takers (4e) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.