Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Deepwater Rising

Game Master Winterwalker

The first waves that came where unexpected. They did not end. Soon entire towns and civilizations where engulfed in a magical flood that no one could stop.


1 to 50 of 293 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

M Monk 10, Rogue 3, Bard 5, Wizard 1, Cleric 4

Prologue:

The past few days are becoming a blur. Too much activity, frantic escapes, destruction, and death for a sane person’s mind to unravel in the short time you have started to get your bearings. The very world is ending, and you one of the only seats around.

You find yourselves upon a vessel once called the Noble Tempest, but calling it a ‘vessel’ seems like a stretch at this point. It’s once proud silhouette was once awe inspiring, but now marred by ramshackle repairs using whatever wood could have been gotten in the past few days.

Storms threatened to tear the ship in half, again, for it was already sundered in twain two nights ago, but those on board made heroic stride in keeping her afloat with repairs both magical and mundane, using whatever materials that could be gathered on hand, or left over from the destruction all around you.

The storms and mysterious waters that flooded the lands is still a hot topic of debate, and many of the makeshift crew still argue around you as to what direction to take.

Your ship has been bobbing listlessly for days, and even if you could see land, this ship currently has no means to propel it in any specific direction.
The ship creaks and groans methodically as it threatens to remain in one piece, each time this happens the air goes quiet with anticipation of the inevitable, though it soon passes and people start breathing again. One wonders how long this barge will stay afloat.

There is a strange feeling all around you, as if you are being watched, from every direction, and it doesn’t help that the very crew of this vessel keeps sizing up each other. There are all manner of creatures on board of this ship now.

There was an unfortunate incident involving a troll that ‘fell’ overboard when a group of dwarves went to investigate a disturbance earlier involving some ‘strange noises’ on the aft of the ship. What happens since set everyone on edge. The very water dissolved the creature in seconds. Leaving nothing but bone and jelly of the beast behind.

Since then everyone has been behaved, but the tension of the situation is rising. There is no captain here, and no direction. You yourself have little to no knowledge of the situation either other than the water came, and destroyed all it touched, and it’s still coming.

What do you do now?


Male CN Human Oracle 1 | HP: {0} 6/9 | AC 14 (Tch 14, Flat 10) | CMB +3, CMD 12 | F: +1, R: -1, W: 1 | init: -1 | perception: +0 | | Speed 30ft (40ft when travelling) | Active conditions:
Skills:
Craft (Alchemy) +3, Profession (sailor) +3, craft (ships) +1, Knowledge (Planes) +8, Knowledge (Arcana) +8, Diplomacy +8, Spellcraft +4

After waking up from a restful night I go above deck to examine the water in the peacefulness of the dawn *casts detect poison*and look for islands in the distance Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (14) + 0 = 14 detect poison: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 Also going to cast guidance before every check unless I say otherwise
skipped the wisdom check for detect poison because I auto fail


Male CN Human Oracle 1 | HP: {0} 6/9 | AC 14 (Tch 14, Flat 10) | CMB +3, CMD 12 | F: +1, R: -1, W: 1 | init: -1 | perception: +0 | | Speed 30ft (40ft when travelling) | Active conditions:
Skills:
Craft (Alchemy) +3, Profession (sailor) +3, craft (ships) +1, Knowledge (Planes) +8, Knowledge (Arcana) +8, Diplomacy +8, Spellcraft +4
Krendec wrote:

After waking up from a restful night I go above deck to examine the water in the peacefulness of the dawn *casts detect poison*and look for islands in the distance [dice=Perception]1d20+0 [dice=detect poison]1d20+4 Also going to cast guidance before every check unless I say otherwise

skipped the wisdom check for detect poison because I auto fail

please ignore this whole post


Male Lizardfolk Oracle 1

Grauk would be somewhat wary of the others on the vessel especially seeing the effect of the water on the troll, a far more durable creature than he. During a period when there is no one too close to him he'd try investigating the water. He'd try and study it using detect magic, perhaps being summoned by conjuration magic?

He'd also try and make sense of the tidal currents both by talking to the more competent sailors

Diplomacy:
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
as well as his own understanding of such things
Knowledge: Nature:
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
. Have they changed with a new influx of water and conditions perhaps? Or is the new or altered water followed existing currents, perhaps meaning a source (or sources) and with further work a way of avoiding them.


Male CN Human Oracle 1 | HP: {0} 6/9 | AC 14 (Tch 14, Flat 10) | CMB +3, CMD 12 | F: +1, R: -1, W: 1 | init: -1 | perception: +0 | | Speed 30ft (40ft when travelling) | Active conditions:
Skills:
Craft (Alchemy) +3, Profession (sailor) +3, craft (ships) +1, Knowledge (Planes) +8, Knowledge (Arcana) +8, Diplomacy +8, Spellcraft +4

Waking up early while the day is still dark Krendec is going to cast the bones to see what foul weather will befall us in the oncoming days.
He will then perform extensive studies on the water

To see if it is poisonous:
Detect poison Craft alchemy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

to see if it is magical:
Detect magic Knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27 time spent referencing book: 1d4 ⇒ 2 if it succeeds: spellcraft: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

To find where it origins:
knowledge Planes: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21 time spent referencing book: 1d4 ⇒ 3

borrowing from Grauk
to see if the currents differ from the natural in the area:
Knowledge Geography: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24 Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 [spoiler=to ask others with better knowledge] diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

other findings:
he will cast create water over the edge to see if that dissolves
he will throw dried meat over the edge to see if that dissolves and will record his findings in his journal

to see if there are any land masses in the distance:
Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

could we have a basic inventory on supplies/people please?
Also what is the barge made of?

sorry for bombarding you

Liberty's Edge

M Monk 10, Rogue 3, Bard 5, Wizard 1, Cleric 4
Grauk wrote:

Grauk would be somewhat wary of the others on the vessel especially seeing the effect of the water on the troll, a far more durable creature than he. During a period when there is no one too close to him he'd try investigating the water. He'd try and study it using detect magic, perhaps being summoned by conjuration magic?

He'd also try and make sense of the tidal currents both by talking to the more competent sailors ** spoiler omitted ** as well as his own understanding of such things ** spoiler omitted **. Have they changed with a new influx of water and conditions perhaps? Or is the new or altered water followed existing currents, perhaps meaning a source (or sources) and with further work a way of avoiding them.

Results:

Diplomacy Results:
You manage to not escalate the tension, but you efforts were in vain to truly ease them more than they would be around one of your kind, you are clearly a being here that is barely tolerated, whispers are clearly heard behind your back, fear shows in many eyes around you in your direction, however...it almost seems as if you would be tolerated for no other reason that you seem to be 'helping' in some way...and there isn't a lot of that to be had elsewhere at this time.

Knowledge Nature:
Fantastic roll! However at this point in your understanding of 'water' this is clearly 'not normal water.' Or at least, from what you think you see now that you really have time to look around you...there are sections...lanes....or perhaps pockets? of this water that is darker than other water around it. Almost like when you see oil separate from water- they coexist in the same space, but are different.

General observation: The "crew" is visibly uncomfortable about you moving about, more so when you cast magics. Though no one stops you from doing your work.

Liberty's Edge

M Monk 10, Rogue 3, Bard 5, Wizard 1, Cleric 4
Krendec wrote:

Waking up early while the day is still dark Krendec is going to cast the bones to see what foul weather will befall us in the oncoming days.

He will then perform extensive studies on the water
** spoiler omitted **
** spoiler omitted **
** spoiler omitted **
borrowing from Grauk
** spoiler omitted **
** spoiler omitted **
** spoiler omitted **
could we have a basic inventory on supplies/people please?
Also what is the barge made of?

sorry for bombarding you

When it comes to the water you may need to be more specific on how you choose to handle/acquire it first.


Male CN Human Oracle 1 | HP: {0} 6/9 | AC 14 (Tch 14, Flat 10) | CMB +3, CMD 12 | F: +1, R: -1, W: 1 | init: -1 | perception: +0 | | Speed 30ft (40ft when travelling) | Active conditions:
Skills:
Craft (Alchemy) +3, Profession (sailor) +3, craft (ships) +1, Knowledge (Planes) +8, Knowledge (Arcana) +8, Diplomacy +8, Spellcraft +4
Winterwalker wrote:
Krendec wrote:

Waking up early while the day is still dark Krendec is going to cast the bones to see what foul weather will befall us in the oncoming days.

He will then perform extensive studies on the water
** spoiler omitted **
** spoiler omitted **
** spoiler omitted **
borrowing from Grauk
** spoiler omitted **
** spoiler omitted **
** spoiler omitted **
could we have a basic inventory on supplies/people please?
Also what is the barge made of?

sorry for bombarding you
When it comes to the water you may need to be more specific on how you choose to handle/acquire it first.

I'm going to use Mage hand to control a flask to go down and pick up some water and then levitate it back up

Liberty's Edge

M Monk 10, Rogue 3, Bard 5, Wizard 1, Cleric 4
Krendec wrote:
Winterwalker wrote:
Krendec wrote:

Waking up early while the day is still dark Krendec is going to cast the bones to see what foul weather will befall us in the oncoming days.

He will then perform extensive studies on the water
** spoiler omitted **
** spoiler omitted **
** spoiler omitted **
borrowing from Grauk
** spoiler omitted **
** spoiler omitted **
** spoiler omitted **
could we have a basic inventory on supplies/people please?
Also what is the barge made of?

sorry for bombarding you
When it comes to the water you may need to be more specific on how you choose to handle/acquire it first.
I'm going to use Mage hand to control a flask to go down and pick up some water and then levitate it back up

The flask slowly lowers into the water, as it is filled with the strange water encircling around it, it suddenly becomes impossible to lift back out with the spell buzzing in your head. You still feel the hold Mage Hand provides on the flask, but it fails to break the surface again having been filled.


Male Lizardfolk Oracle 1

Grauk seeing Krendac's investigation will curiously try to get random bits of rubbish and some twine. Tying an item to the end of it and lowering it down watching the results with curiosity. The trolls bones survived so he'll try to get some animal bones left from someone's meal, was it bones in general or something about the troll's bones in particular that led to them being spared.

Liberty's Edge

M Monk 10, Rogue 3, Bard 5, Wizard 1, Cleric 4
Grauk wrote:
Grauk seeing Krendac's investigation will curiously try to get random bits of rubbish and some twine. Tying an item to the end of it and lowering it down watching the results with curiosity. The trolls bones survived so he'll try to get some animal bones left from someone's meal, was it bones in general or something about the troll's bones in particular that led to them being spared.

There are plenty of materials and debris around to make a makeshift "whatever" and try to fish it out. If you'd please, roll a d20 and add your Int mod to the roll I will post results.

Also, for all paying attention, please roll a 'Perception' check.

Liberty's Edge

M Monk 10, Rogue 3, Bard 5, Wizard 1, Cleric 4

One of the 5 or so dwarves aboard takes an interest in what you're doing. He comes close to see what's going on.

Dwarf1: "Ey. What ye be doing? Ye trying to make problems? Ye daft fool seen what that s+*$e can do right? Does a troll losing it's flesh not scare some sense inna that brain 'O you's?"


male aquatic elf arcanist (occultist) 1 | HP 9/9, arcane pool 3/4 | AC 13, T 13, FF 10 | F +2, R +3, W +3 (+2 vs enchantment; immune to sleep) | CMB +0, CMD 13 | Spd 30', Swim 30' | Perc +3 | Init +5

Erimis isn't used to fighting so doggedly to keep a ship afloat- after all, he has spent most of his life in the sea. But with the bizarre changes to the water, he is as eager to keep the barge together as the rest. And like the rest, the stress has nearly reached his breaking point.

He watches the situation developing with the dwarves and some of the other passengers. His eyes narrow when he thinks he spots spellcasting.

spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

His midnight blue streaking across his face in the breeze, he watches the human attempt to examine the "water."

perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

He remains silent, wondering who among this motley crew he can trust.


Male Lizardfolk Oracle 1

The large Lizardfolk turns at the hip, as normal for one of his kind he is seven foot if he is an inch, towering over the dwarf. His head tilts down and he smiles which is probably unsettling before speaking. "No problems. Grauk wants to know. Troll meat melt, troll bone not melt. If Grauk know what does not melt, could be useful, could help yes?" Grauk pauses only recently having learned Common. "If storm and waves splash if we know what not melt we can use as shield." Grauk nods and points at his buckler. "Troll meat melt, troll very hard to kill. If troll meat melt, lizardfolk, dwarf, human meat will melt Grauk think. But if troll bone not melt, maybe chicken bone not melt?" Grauk waves the chicken bone as he ties the string. "Now nice dwarf think if meat melt, bones too late to stop melting."

Grauk holds up a finger to his temple. "But if bone not melt then if we can find- Grauk not know word in this tongue, it is like a spider in water, no webs but have bone on outside, meat inside. If find large water spider thing we kill, eat meat and use hard outside bone as shield to protect from water so it not melt Lizardfolk or Dwarf flesh yes? Grauk can not stop water with claw, dagger or spear. Grauk not think dwarf axe or iron mallet stop water. Grauk use mind. Does Grauk's words make knowledge to you, only learning this tongue?"

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15


Male CN Human Oracle 1 | HP: {0} 6/9 | AC 14 (Tch 14, Flat 10) | CMB +3, CMD 12 | F: +1, R: -1, W: 1 | init: -1 | perception: +0 | | Speed 30ft (40ft when travelling) | Active conditions:
Skills:
Craft (Alchemy) +3, Profession (sailor) +3, craft (ships) +1, Knowledge (Planes) +8, Knowledge (Arcana) +8, Diplomacy +8, Spellcraft +4

perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Krendec is going to keep maintaining Mage hand while saying calmly to the dwarf "friend dwarf, the lizard folk over there is just trying to help. why if he learns what can go in the water safely, then we can steer toward land"
diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
What is the boat made of?


Male NE Skinwalker Gunslinger 1 | HP: 10/13 | AC 16 (Tch 13, Flat 13) | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +5, R: +5, W: 0 | init: +3 | perception: +4 | | Speed 30ft (30ft Swim when shifted and chosen) | Active conditions:

Gahrul watches mostly with idle amusement. He keeps himself busy amongst the crew trying to maintain the ship.

He was not here to make friends, no he had come here out of necessity to survive and these dwarves seemed to have it about themselves to bully those they did not like into a corner and murder them if they felt the need.

He understood such thinking...but he also understood that a dwarf off dry land was rarely a boon. He already began watching them as he worked trying to find time when one might be alone so that a shipboard accident could happen.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Stealth to not be noticed: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

He shook his head, open hostilities only leads to mistrust and alienation. Though, perhaps it was their plan to set themselves up as rulers on this boat. This thought alone displeased him greatly.

Knowledge Local to see if he recognizes a clan that unites them or perhaps others who might even be at war with them.: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18


Male Paladin (Holy Guide/Oath of Vengeance) 1 | HP 14/14 | AC 16, T 11, FF 15 | F +6, R +1, W +2 | CMB +4, CMD 15 | Spd 30 (20 w/ armor)', Swim 30' | Perc +0 | Init +1

Yorick huddled close to his brother, shoulders slumped and head hung down. These were unfamiliar waters, not at all like the kind he had grown to know so well. When he looked back up he saw that his brother had slipped off again, which was about the only thing not terribly unusual about this dire situation.

"I do not like magic..." He thought. Spirit-speaking, prayers, medicines, supplication to the ancestors, and even Gahrul's boomstick- these were things he didn't understand, but had grown accustomed to over the years.

But this was not the swamp, and in his gut he knew that he would see many new things in the days to come.

And that terrified him.

He had seen the tall scaleskin, not a family member but a true cold-blooded two-legged walker, the ones the elders spoke about sometimes in hushed tones, and though he was frightened

What was his name? Grauk? His voice was rough but his ideas where easy enough even for Yorick to understand. Perhaps it would be good to see where this went, even if the short-beards did have a point about stirring things up too much.

Ancestors knew though, things had already stirred up as it was.


Male Paladin (Holy Guide/Oath of Vengeance) 1 | HP 14/14 | AC 16, T 11, FF 15 | F +6, R +1, W +2 | CMB +4, CMD 15 | Spd 30 (20 w/ armor)', Swim 30' | Perc +0 | Init +1

While watching the dwarves approach the lizardman, Yorick will take in his surroundings in for what feels like the hundredth time. He knew* it was futile and the strange water had erased all his most familiar landmarks, but he felt he had to try to see if there was any indication of where they were, or at least where they should be in this new flooded world.

Knowledge: Geography: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19


Male CN Human Oracle 1 | HP: {0} 6/9 | AC 14 (Tch 14, Flat 10) | CMB +3, CMD 12 | F: +1, R: -1, W: 1 | init: -1 | perception: +0 | | Speed 30ft (40ft when travelling) | Active conditions:
Skills:
Craft (Alchemy) +3, Profession (sailor) +3, craft (ships) +1, Knowledge (Planes) +8, Knowledge (Arcana) +8, Diplomacy +8, Spellcraft +4

I'm sorry if this comes s Roos as rude but in interest of game speed could you roll perception for us?


Male Paladin (Holy Guide/Oath of Vengeance) 1 | HP 14/14 | AC 16, T 11, FF 15 | F +6, R +1, W +2 | CMB +4, CMD 15 | Spd 30 (20 w/ armor)', Swim 30' | Perc +0 | Init +1

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 5

:P no worries


Male CN Human Oracle 1 | HP: {0} 6/9 | AC 14 (Tch 14, Flat 10) | CMB +3, CMD 12 | F: +1, R: -1, W: 1 | init: -1 | perception: +0 | | Speed 30ft (40ft when travelling) | Active conditions:
Skills:
Craft (Alchemy) +3, Profession (sailor) +3, craft (ships) +1, Knowledge (Planes) +8, Knowledge (Arcana) +8, Diplomacy +8, Spellcraft +4
Yorick of the Swamp wrote:

[dice=Perception]1d20

:P no worries

Didn't even realise you hadn't rolled perception...but thanks for rolling it

was asking GM

Liberty's Edge

M Monk 10, Rogue 3, Bard 5, Wizard 1, Cleric 4
Krendec wrote:

[dice=perception] 1d20+1

Krendec is going to keep maintaining Mage hand while saying calmly to the dwarf "friend dwarf, the lizard folk over there is just trying to help. why if he learns what can go in the water safely, then we can steer toward land"
[dice=diplomacy]1d20+8
What is the boat made of?

DM: The boat was once made of wood, now it's best to say "stuff." Barrels, sections of roofs, trash, sheets of canvas and bedrolls, anything water proof that will stop a leak, it's probably jammed in some hole or crack somewhere.

Finding random bits and trash, can be done but my (or may not) affect the survivability of the ship.

The short answer is "mostly wood."

Liberty's Edge

M Monk 10, Rogue 3, Bard 5, Wizard 1, Cleric 4
Erimis wrote:

Erimis isn't used to fighting so doggedly to keep a ship afloat- after all, he has spent most of his life in the sea. But with the bizarre changes to the water, he is as eager to keep the barge together as the rest. And like the rest, the stress has nearly reached his breaking point.

He watches the situation developing with the dwarves and some of the other passengers. His eyes narrow when he thinks he spots spellcasting.

[dice=spellcraft]1d20+8

His midnight blue streaking across his face in the breeze, he watches the human attempt to examine the "water."

[dice=perception]1d20+3

He remains silent, wondering who among this motley crew he can trust.

>15 Perception:
ALL: If you rolled higher than a 15, anyone can use this info based on my last request to roll a perception roll.

Erimis: You successfully identify the spell, but what seems to catch your eye was that the water seems to be moving against the small current and eddies at times. That is not natural. It's almost like there's two bodies of water, yet you aren't sure how that is possible. It's almost as if the water has a reflection. It's a rather odd thing to pop into your head.

Liberty's Edge

M Monk 10, Rogue 3, Bard 5, Wizard 1, Cleric 4
Grauk wrote:

The large Lizardfolk turns at the hip, as normal for one of his kind he is seven foot if he is an inch, towering over the dwarf. His head tilts down and he smiles which is probably unsettling before speaking. "No problems. Grauk wants to know. Troll meat melt, troll bone not melt. If Grauk know what does not melt, could be useful, could help yes?" Grauk pauses only recently having learned Common. "If storm and waves splash if we know what not melt we can use as shield." Grauk nods and points at his buckler. "Troll meat melt, troll very hard to kill. If troll meat melt, lizardfolk, dwarf, human meat will melt Grauk think. But if troll bone not melt, maybe chicken bone not melt?" Grauk waves the chicken bone as he ties the string. "Now nice dwarf think if meat melt, bones too late to stop melting."

Grauk holds up a finger to his temple. "But if bone not melt then if we can find- Grauk not know word in this tongue, it is like a spider in water, no webs but have bone on outside, meat inside. If find large water spider thing we kill, eat meat and use hard outside bone as shield to protect from water so it not melt Lizardfolk or Dwarf flesh yes? Grauk can not stop water with claw, dagger or spear. Grauk not think dwarf axe or iron mallet stop water. Grauk use mind. Does Grauk's words make knowledge to you, only learning this tongue?"

1d20+3

Please define what this roll was for, and I can address it. I want to be sure i use the appropriate skills/counters :)

Liberty's Edge

M Monk 10, Rogue 3, Bard 5, Wizard 1, Cleric 4
Krendec wrote:

[dice=perception] 1d20+1

Krendec is going to keep maintaining Mage hand while saying calmly to the dwarf "friend dwarf, the lizard folk over there is just trying to help. why if he learns what can go in the water safely, then we can steer toward land"
[dice=diplomacy]1d20+8
What is the boat made of?

DM: The spell is easily maintained, but the flask lowered is still not budging when you try to lift it.

Liberty's Edge

M Monk 10, Rogue 3, Bard 5, Wizard 1, Cleric 4
Gahrul of the Swamp wrote:

Gahrul watches mostly with idle amusement. He keeps himself busy amongst the crew trying to maintain the ship.

He was not here to make friends, no he had come here out of necessity to survive and these dwarves seemed to have it about themselves to bully those they did not like into a corner and murder them if they felt the need.

He understood such thinking...but he also understood that a dwarf off dry land was rarely a boon. He already began watching them as he worked trying to find time when one might be alone so that a shipboard accident could happen.

[Dice=Perception]1d20+4

[Dice=Stealth to not be noticed]1d20+9

He shook his head, open hostilities only leads to mistrust and alienation. Though, perhaps it was their plan to set themselves up as rulers on this boat. This thought alone displeased him greatly.

[Dice=Knowledge Local to see if he recognizes a clan that unites them or perhaps others who might even be at war with them.]1d20+6

Critical Perception Check:
DM: You find that you have the perfect opportunity to cause a "Dwarf overboard accident" with no witnesses. If you choose to cause this please let me know. And I can describe it to the rest. You feel pretty confidant you'll get away with whatever outcome you desire.

Know.(local):
You overheard one of the Dwarves earlier you think mention their clan name. Clan Hammerfist. How you recall them is a strange thought, but you musty have heard it from someone in the past. The Hammerfist clan was one of the few Dwarven clans not living under a rock. They had a coastal city once, and were involved in trade and had ships. They may be useful on a ship,
if they have had that kind of experience anyway. hard to tell by your eyes though if these are sailors or not.

Liberty's Edge

M Monk 10, Rogue 3, Bard 5, Wizard 1, Cleric 4
Krendec wrote:
I'm sorry if this comes s Roos as rude but in interest of game speed could you roll perception for us?

Not rude, in the future I shall for all, thank you.

Liberty's Edge

M Monk 10, Rogue 3, Bard 5, Wizard 1, Cleric 4
Yorick of the Swamp wrote:

While watching the dwarves approach the lizardman, Yorick will take in his surroundings in for what feels like the hundredth time. He knew* it was futile and the strange water had erased all his most familiar landmarks, but he felt he had to try to see if there was any indication of where they were, or at least where they should be in this new flooded world.

[Dice=Knowledge: Geography]1d20+3

Know.(geography):
DM: There is little 'land' geography here to study. Perhaps when the sun sets you can get a better vantage of the stars and recheck. For now it's just a "calm before the storm" sort of feeling you got in the gut.

Male Lizardfolk Oracle 1
Winterwalker wrote:
Please define what this roll was for, and I can address it. I want to be sure i use the appropriate skills/counters :)

You asked me to roll and add his int modifier for his experiments, he got 15.


Male NE Skinwalker Gunslinger 1 | HP: 10/13 | AC 16 (Tch 13, Flat 13) | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +5, R: +5, W: 0 | init: +3 | perception: +4 | | Speed 30ft (30ft Swim when shifted and chosen) | Active conditions:

Profession Sailor to check try and get a feel of how at ease on the sea they are and if they are useful?: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

I'm trying to judge their competency vs their explosive determent in behavior...or at least what Gahrul perceived as bad behavior towards Xenos.


male aquatic elf arcanist (occultist) 1 | HP 9/9, arcane pool 3/4 | AC 13, T 13, FF 10 | F +2, R +3, W +3 (+2 vs enchantment; immune to sleep) | CMB +0, CMD 13 | Spd 30', Swim 30' | Perc +3 | Init +5

Erimis considers the strange state of the water and its "reflection."

knowledge (arcana/planes/nature?): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17


Male Paladin (Holy Guide/Oath of Vengeance) 1 | HP 14/14 | AC 16, T 11, FF 15 | F +6, R +1, W +2 | CMB +4, CMD 15 | Spd 30 (20 w/ armor)', Swim 30' | Perc +0 | Init +1

Yorick glances around, considering the waters that stretched out before them in all directions. With the sun still high in the sky, it was foolhardy of him to think there would be any indication of where they'd been or where they were going...but perhaps tonight if the stars were out he could try again to discern their general location.

With that in mind he turns back to regard the group of Dwarves and the tall Lizardman.

What to do? Gahrul would probably say to mind my own business. If I try to facili--falicita---If I try to help it may just make things worse! I think I will wait...for now. I just hope a fight doesn't break out

Yorick tries to look around casually to see how many others are watching the interaction as closely as he is.

Bluff check to appear nonchalant, despite both his anxiety and interest: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Perception to notice any other onlookers: 1d20 ⇒ 3

Liberty's Edge

M Monk 10, Rogue 3, Bard 5, Wizard 1, Cleric 4
Grauk wrote:
Winterwalker wrote:
Please define what this roll was for, and I can address it. I want to be sure i use the appropriate skills/counters :)
You asked me to roll and add his int modifier for his experiments, he got 15.

Thank you, I forgot why. Just keep me on my toes next time with a description of what the roll should be. (I may get lost checking in again, so my bad there)

DM: Plenty of "things" around to make a makeshift fishing rod, or other similar device to capture the flask if that's your desire. If you wish to do so, you can add a tool to fish things out of water to your inventory.

Liberty's Edge

M Monk 10, Rogue 3, Bard 5, Wizard 1, Cleric 4
Gahrul of the Swamp wrote:

[Dice=Profession Sailor to check try and get a feel of how at ease on the sea they are and if they are useful?]1d20+4

I'm trying to judge their competency vs their explosive determent in behavior...or at least what Gahrul perceived as bad behavior towards Xenos.

Gahrul:
They seem sturdy enough, sealeg wise, but you got a feeling they want to toss you overboard as soon as possible.
Liberty's Edge

M Monk 10, Rogue 3, Bard 5, Wizard 1, Cleric 4
Yorick of the Swamp wrote:

Yorick glances around, considering the waters that stretched out before them in all directions. With the sun still high in the sky, it was foolhardy of him to think there would be any indication of where they'd been or where they were going...but perhaps tonight if the stars were out he could try again to discern their general location.

With that in mind he turns back to regard the group of Dwarves and the tall Lizardman.

What to do? Gahrul would probably say to mind my own business. If I try to facili--falicita---If I try to help it may just make things worse! I think I will wait...for now. I just hope a fight doesn't break out

Yorick tries to look around casually to see how many others are watching the interaction as closely as he is.

[dice=Bluff check to appear nonchalant, despite both his anxiety and interest]1d20+6

[dice=Perception to notice any other onlookers]1d20

Results:

Oh ya, totally nonchalant! No one is looking at you at all really.

Liberty's Edge

M Monk 10, Rogue 3, Bard 5, Wizard 1, Cleric 4

Minor Plot advancement, and other details:

On deck:

  • 5 Dwarves all looking around at the non human people for the majority of their time. (They may be what's left of the original crew before the waves came, as they seem to be dressed in slightly tattered, but intact, matching uniforms)

  • 2 heat exhausted and sunburnt Elven ladies in scant more than rags for clothing.

  • 5 male and 3 human females, dressed in common attire with no more than a dagger or two among them.

  • 1 Dark Elf female, whom has yet to speak up, but has helped out with boat repairs.

    There is a heated discussion forming around the humans.

    Male Human 1: (appearance: long flowing robes, elderly looking man that leans heavy on a staff made of blackened wood.)
    gesturing wildly about the air with his hands and his voice now raised he speaks.

    MH1: "Yes. That's what I did! I teleported the whole damn ship! What else would you have me do, stay in that storm?! This ship is going to sink any second, and you prattle on about where are we? I'll tell you where we aren't...the bottom of the ocean you ungrateful rag of a being!"

    Male human 2: (appearance: One of the few 'armed' humans, a man of impressive stature with an ornate dagger strapped to his waist belt. He is about 30 years old, and has seen some hard work over the years with his toned physique.)

    MH2: "You damned us wizard! That's what you did! Where are we? There's no land, no wind, no oars, what do we do sit here and die? I said, where the hells are we?"

    Just then the dark skinned elf points to the sun. No words just a finger and a direction. The Dwarves duck and cover expecting some kind of aerial attack, however what happens is more disconcerting. SLowly pulling out from behind the yellow sun, is a smaller but more sinister looking red sun. The sky begins to take on a reddish orange hue and a strange feeling of being watched comes over all aboard.

    MH2: "What-the-hell... is that wizard?!"

    MH1: "I...I don't know."

    Silence and unease creep throughout the air. The water seems to take on a less 'rocking' posture.


  • Male Paladin (Holy Guide/Oath of Vengeance) 1 | HP 14/14 | AC 16, T 11, FF 15 | F +6, R +1, W +2 | CMB +4, CMD 15 | Spd 30 (20 w/ armor)', Swim 30' | Perc +0 | Init +1

    Heh, not a soul suspects me. Gahrul better watch out! That man in the robe, did they call him a wi- wait...what in the devil's beard is that???

    Fear began to sweep over him like a wave as he looked up at the single red orb in the sky, watching as the sky began to turn and a feeling of piercing stares overtook him. The primal part of him, the crocodile that never left, began to fear as well.

    Fight! Bite! Flee! Swim away! Hide!

    Not so much words as they were instincts all jumbled up, Yorick felt the familiar scales begin to break the surface of his skin under his armor. He scrambled to grasp his hammer tightly until his knuckles turned white, as he attempted to steady his own breathing. After a minute or so of panic, he was able to avoid making a scene of himself out here in the open.

    Quieted only slightly, the animal's "voice" still banged in his head, bidding him to either lash out or flee, but he knew that either would be foolish. Swallowing back his fear, he echoed loudly what the man had said moments before, silently wishing someone would answer.

    "What the hell is that?!?!?!?!?!?!? Does ANYONE here know?????"


    Male NE Skinwalker Gunslinger 1 | HP: 10/13 | AC 16 (Tch 13, Flat 13) | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +5, R: +5, W: 0 | init: +3 | perception: +4 | | Speed 30ft (30ft Swim when shifted and chosen) | Active conditions:

    Given the information he has gleaned then, he will when the opportunity presents cause an accident and send him flying overboard before disappearing from the scene.

    Stealth to slip away, if needed?: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

    "Xeno isolationist, intolerant speciest...not gonna have them cause a situation for me or my brother..." he muttered under his breath as he carefully hid himself amidst the screams.


    Male CN Human Oracle 1 | HP: {0} 6/9 | AC 14 (Tch 14, Flat 10) | CMB +3, CMD 12 | F: +1, R: -1, W: 1 | init: -1 | perception: +0 | | Speed 30ft (40ft when travelling) | Active conditions:
    Skills:
    Craft (Alchemy) +3, Profession (sailor) +3, craft (ships) +1, Knowledge (Planes) +8, Knowledge (Arcana) +8, Diplomacy +8, Spellcraft +4

    Spellcraft to see if the dark elf cast a spell: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
    Know.Arcana if I determine that the dark elf cast a spell: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
    Add 2 to know. Arcana if I can reference my book
    Know.Planes to determine what the second sun is: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18 time spent referencing book: 1d4 ⇒ 2
    Krendec is then going to move over to stand next to the dark elf
    Seeing that the dwarf fell overboard perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (15) + 0 = 15 to see who knocked him over the edge
    guidance for knowledge (planes), if it can be applied to any others add +1


    Male CN Human Oracle 1 | HP: {0} 6/9 | AC 14 (Tch 14, Flat 10) | CMB +3, CMD 12 | F: +1, R: -1, W: 1 | init: -1 | perception: +0 | | Speed 30ft (40ft when travelling) | Active conditions:
    Skills:
    Craft (Alchemy) +3, Profession (sailor) +3, craft (ships) +1, Knowledge (Planes) +8, Knowledge (Arcana) +8, Diplomacy +8, Spellcraft +4

    Know.Nature to see if the second sun is natural: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
    Know.history to see if the second sun has happened before: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
    guidance is included in the above rolls, if for some reason it could be not included -1

    Liberty's Edge

    M Monk 10, Rogue 3, Bard 5, Wizard 1, Cleric 4
    Gahrul of the Swamp wrote:

    Given the information he has gleaned then, he will when the opportunity presents cause an accident and send him flying overboard before disappearing from the scene.

    [Dice=Stealth to slip away, if needed?]1d20+9

    "Xeno isolationist, intolerant speciest...not gonna have them cause a situation for me or my brother..." he muttered under his breath as he carefully hid himself amidst the screams.

    Noted, will be processed in game shortly.


    Male CN Human Oracle 1 | HP: {0} 6/9 | AC 14 (Tch 14, Flat 10) | CMB +3, CMD 12 | F: +1, R: -1, W: 1 | init: -1 | perception: +0 | | Speed 30ft (40ft when travelling) | Active conditions:
    Skills:
    Craft (Alchemy) +3, Profession (sailor) +3, craft (ships) +1, Knowledge (Planes) +8, Knowledge (Arcana) +8, Diplomacy +8, Spellcraft +4

    Also krendec is going to let go of Mage hand (wrote before strangely didn't come up in my post)

    Liberty's Edge

    M Monk 10, Rogue 3, Bard 5, Wizard 1, Cleric 4
    Krendec wrote:

    [dice=Spellcraft to see if the dark elf cast a spell] 1d20+4

    [dice=Know.Arcana if I determine that the dark elf cast a spell] 1d20+8
    Add 2 to know. Arcana if I can reference my book
    [dice=Know.Planes to determine what the second sun is] 1d20+11 [dice=time spent referencing book] 1d4
    Krendec is then going to move over to stand next to the dark elf
    Seeing that the dwarf fell overboard [dice=perception] 1d20+0 to see who knocked him over the edge
    guidance for knowledge (planes), if it can be applied to any others add +1

    Roll results for Krendec:

    Spellcraft: It does not appear that the dark elf has cast a spell, she merely pointed from what you can see. Though they are stereotyped as being very sneaky and clever, you don't think this was anything more than a gesture of concern.

    Know.(arcana): No do not believe there was any arcane gestures made, simple or complex, nor do you recognize any lingering magical effects.

    Know. Planes(combined with your history roll): (critical success) While nothing prior about a world of water and two suns comes to mind, something reminds you of a dream you had as a child, of scary monsters lurking in shadows and nightmares about looking in the mirror and not seeing your own reflection. While this doesn't identify where you are, it does lend a chilling connection to a dream like world that is filled with strange things and stranger threats.

    Q: Has this happened before? Only in your dreams (literally).

    Q: Is this natural? Yes. As magical occurrences are indeed part of your nature/world views. Though no one you have come across that you can recall has ever mentioned a 2nd sun in the sky.

    Perception: When that action is resolved, I will keep this roll handy. (just a FYI: his action was a critical success, so something really good like another critical roll[natural 20], or really really bad, a fumble[natural 1], you probably won't see much of anything.)

    FYI 2: Fumbles can help you, they will always sting a little, but they could help ;)

    Liberty's Edge

    M Monk 10, Rogue 3, Bard 5, Wizard 1, Cleric 4
    Krendec wrote:
    Also krendec is going to let go of Mage hand (wrote before strangely didn't come up in my post)

    noted


    Male CN Human Oracle 1 | HP: {0} 6/9 | AC 14 (Tch 14, Flat 10) | CMB +3, CMD 12 | F: +1, R: -1, W: 1 | init: -1 | perception: +0 | | Speed 30ft (40ft when travelling) | Active conditions:
    Skills:
    Craft (Alchemy) +3, Profession (sailor) +3, craft (ships) +1, Knowledge (Planes) +8, Knowledge (Arcana) +8, Diplomacy +8, Spellcraft +4

    Krendec will reply to Yorick "no, I do not know anything of this happening no tale that I can recall has even mentioned a second sun. Perhaps the esteemed wizard can help, I am sure he knows more than I"
    in an fully aware the wizard said he did not know

    Liberty's Edge

    M Monk 10, Rogue 3, Bard 5, Wizard 1, Cleric 4

    As I'm active I will process the unfortunate 'accident' one of the hammerfist dwarves is about to experience. Feel free to post before or after this mini event however if you need to.

    The air that was once calm and quiet is punctuated by a heavy crack and a snapping noise. A large splintered beam breaks free from it's weak tethering and crashes down upon the deck and over the side railing...at least what's left of it. It smashes into the group of Dwarves milling about scattering them in a heap...one of them, the loud mouthed of the group, is sent spiraling over the edge as if he were an aerial ballet dancer. His sudden shock, and bewilderment, clearly visible on his face even as he tumbles through the air.

    The screaming doesn't start until he made contact with the water. What was once low and steady, transforms into a fit of high pitched wailing, and then it is silenced as his lungs burst and dissipate into the churning sea around him, all that is left is a pile of clear jelly like goo clinging to floating bones that one by one slowly disappear as they sink into the hungry sea.

    The crew looks on is shock and horror, but none seem ready to lift a hand to put themselves at risk of what ever is happening over board.

    Got away with it:

    No one can act on this information, unless he confesses...

    Gahrul of the Swamp: Your eye caught the weak rope tethering this massive support beam earlier in the day, what a shame that the Dwarves were so close to it all this time. Accidents happen after all, and no one will ever be the wiser to the fact you simply didn't warn them it looked like an accident waiting to happen...their own fault really. They should of been more careful, right?


    Male Lizardfolk Oracle 1

    Grauk carefully moves to the edge and peers over. "Poor dwarf, but bones not melt... just flesh. If anyone see crabs, especially big ones come get Grauk." Grauk looks at the group of dwarves apologetically "He is melted, not able to heal melted."

    Grauk looks at the wizard "Can you teleport again, not now, might land on reef and sink or in volcano. If boat gets bad and will sink it is worth the risk."


    Male Paladin (Holy Guide/Oath of Vengeance) 1 | HP 14/14 | AC 16, T 11, FF 15 | F +6, R +1, W +2 | CMB +4, CMD 15 | Spd 30 (20 w/ armor)', Swim 30' | Perc +0 | Init +1

    Yorick is about to respond to the human who answered him when he hears the loud *CRACK*. He snaps his head about just in time to see the beam smash into the deck, sending the dwarf overboard.

    He sprints over to the side railing, leaning over in desperation and nearly falling over himself before regaining his balance.

    "Help! Please, anyone!! You there, wizard! Can your magic lift him back out??"

    His heart sinks as the screams turn to wails and he looks down to see the dwarf's flesh eaten away. Yorick turns his head away as the screams grow harsher....and finally cease. When he looks down once more he sees what little remains the dwarf left, a pile of bones and jelly.

    He was too late.

    He turns around and slumps to his knees on the deck, the feeling of defeat and helplessness sweeping over him.

    Quietly, he speaks aloud in something close to a whisper.

    "Are we...are we all doomed? If any god in heaven hears me, if my ancestor spirits exist in this forsaken world, if anyone or anything of power can hear me...help us. We need...we need a miracle."

    Standing, he utters one last prayer.

    "Help. Us"

    A phrase comes to mind, one the elders repeated often throughout his years in the swamp.

    The gods help those who help themselves.

    They needed a miracle to survive these waters, but a miracle would do no good if they all died before it arrived. Yorick was never one to take charge. He preferred watching and waiting, but something had to be done before the waters took them all.

    "Gahrul! Gahrul, where are you? Listen, I need you to sweep the boat. Secure any* more weaknesses in the beams or ropes. This can't keep happening if we're all to make it out of this alive. Is anyone here a priest? Dwarves, do you...do you have any last rites to perform for your companion? Is there anything we can do to help?"

    The creeping feeling of being watched hadn't gone away, but his inner predator had quieted at witnessing the dwarf's violent end. He regarded the second sun once more, swallowing back his terror and the feelings of doom that had overtaken him. At least for now.


    male aquatic elf arcanist (occultist) 1 | HP 9/9, arcane pool 3/4 | AC 13, T 13, FF 10 | F +2, R +3, W +3 (+2 vs enchantment; immune to sleep) | CMB +0, CMD 13 | Spd 30', Swim 30' | Perc +3 | Init +5

    The aquatic elf runs to the deck's edge to see the dwarf's flesh melt with the others. He turns and dry heaves a couple times, knowing that the sea where he usually finds respite is now deadly. He offers condolences noncommittally to the other dwarves then experiments with lifting out the dwarven bones with his mage hand.

    If he is successful in retrieving the bones, Erimis says, "Here, now you can consecrate him as you see fit."

    Liberty's Edge

    M Monk 10, Rogue 3, Bard 5, Wizard 1, Cleric 4
    Erimis wrote:

    The aquatic elf runs to the deck's edge to see the dwarf's flesh melt with the others. He turns and dry heaves a couple times, knowing that the sea where he usually finds respite is now deadly. He offers condolences noncommittally to the other dwarves then experiments with lifting out the dwarven bones with his mage hand.

    If he is successful in retrieving the bones, Erimis says, "Here, now you can consecrate him as you see fit."

    you are successful in lifting the bones to the deck before they sink. a clear slime still sticks to the bleached white bone. More so than should be.

    Erimis says, "Here, now you can consecrate him as you see fit."

    The mass of bone and slime has a certain unpleasant odor as it just sits under the dual suns.

    1 to 50 of 293 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
    Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Deepwater Rising All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.

    ©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
    Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

    Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.