Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Dead Suns AP by GM SnowHeart

Game Master SnowHeart

Maps on Roll20

Templates:
=== Initiative ===
[dice=Arcalinte]1d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Burlap]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Eekz]1d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Grix]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Spectre]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Ted]1d20+2[/dice]

=== Perception ===
[dice=Arcalinte]1d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Burlap]1d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Eekz]1d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Grix]1d20+8[/dice]
[dice=Spectre]1d20+4[/dice]
[dice=Ted]1d20+0[/dice]

=== Space Combat Actions ===
Round #

== Engineering Phase ==
Engineer's Action:
Captain's Action:

==Helm Phase==
Initiative -- Piloting Check (GM will Roll)
Pilot's Action:
Science Officer's Action:
Captain's Action:

==Gunnery Phase==
Primary Gunner:
Secondary Gunner:
Captain's Action:

==Shields==
Forward: #/#
Port: #/#
Starboard: #/#
Aft: #/#
==Damage==
HP: #/#
Systems: Life Support; Sensors; Weapons Array; Engines; Power Core


1 to 50 of 117 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>

Maps for WotW | Maps for CotCT

You've all become accustomed to the dull thrum of the Okimoro's drift drive as it has sped towards Absalom station these last few days. Wherever you are from, whatever it is you are leaving, you are all heading towards the same destination with the same purpose. To join the Starfinder Society.

Though nothing fancy, the Okimoro is an adequate and modestly comfortable passenger and light-cargo vessel. Your trip has been paid by the Starfinder Society as part of its recruitment efforts. Upon arrival at Absalom Station, you're told you will be met by a Starfinder named Duravor Kreel, a dwarf.

You have a day or two until your arrival and are free to explore the Okimoro or remain in your cabin.

Feel free to "dot" in here by making a post and then deleting it. That should get this into your list of campaigns. Once your character is finalized, feel free to start roleplaying introductions if you like. The official campaign will probably start next week or early the week after.

Dataphiles

Male Human Technomancer 1 Dataphiles | SP 0/5 HP 9/9 RP 4/4 | EAC 13 KAC 14 | F+0 R+2 W+2 | Init+2 | Perc +0

"Hello. My name is ted." Ted looks around at the others, a little wary if they were trustworthy or not.

He pulls from his pocket a toy metal top covered in ruins. He gives it a flick and it levitates in the air in front of him spinning faster and faster. Four bright lights shoot out from the top and float around the room. Ted reaches up and snags the toy. The lights disappear.

"I hope to expand the knowledge of myself and the Society. What brings you all to the Society?"


Male Shirren Mystic 1 | SP 7/7 HP 12/12 RP 5/5 | EAC 13 KAC 14 | F +1 R +2 W +6 | Init +6 | Perc +8 | Spells Avail:: L1(3/3)

A spindly shirren with a mottled grey and black carapace stands at one of the Okimoro's viewports, staring out at the riotous colors of the drift and anxiously clicking the fingers of his claws together.

His outfit of browns and blacks is made of a hodge-podge of synthetic and natural fabrics and shows serious signs of wear and tear. The vest worn on top is covered in dozens of tiny silvery-metallic badges, each inscribed with a different name. His long feathery antennae quiver in the air, though its unclear whether that is from excitement, nervousness, or something entirely different.

When the human named Ted tries to address the room, he doesn't turn to face him. Instead he clicks his mandibles together a couple of times before rasping "By my khount, we've passed six separate reddrifts in the last hour. This khaptain is trying to tempt fate, trying to touch the seventh. Kkkth. Irresponsible." The shirren moves his head just enough to keep one faceted eye on the viewport while the other inspects the human that spoke. "If you hope to reach the Society without bekhoming drift-mad, maybe you should let the khaptain know of the riskhs he's takhing? He ignored all MY advice, but he might listen to you."


space goblin operative / 1 | SP 9/9 HP 8/8 RP 5/5 | EAC 15 KAC 16 | F+1 R+6 W+2 | Init+9 | Perc+9 | ac vs CM 24 | bab 0, melee 0, ranged 4 | image
skills:
acro 8,athl 5, bluff 4, computers 5, diplo 0, engineering 5, intim 4, perc 9, pilot 8, sm 0, slt of hand 12, stealth 8, surv 0

A diminutive green being with bright red eyes and a broad array of sharp snaggly teeth comes out from under a table when Ted releases his toy and it shoots out lights... He jumps up trying to snag the toy, but it's far out of his reach... "Me have! Me have! Shiny!"

He looks crestfallen when Ted snags it and puts it away... He turns his attention to Ted and gazes at him hopefully. "Eekz have shiny?" he holds out his hand, palm up.

He does look a bit pathetic... one ear half missing, the other spreading wildly out from his head like a small wing. Half his gear looks cobbled together from mismatched and discarded parts, but the rest looks new and relatively clean.

Dataphiles

Male Human Technomancer 1 Dataphiles | SP 0/5 HP 9/9 RP 4/4 | EAC 13 KAC 14 | F+0 R+2 W+2 | Init+2 | Perc +0

"Hello, friend. You like the shiny, huh?" Ted puts a finger to his chin as if in thought. He then reaches in to his pocket and twists the top. A powder wraps around his fingers in his pocket. With a flick of his wrist he flips his hand out and a shower of shimmering colors drifts down through the air.

sleight of hand for effect: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

He smiles at Eekz, "We will find plenty of shinies!' and reaches to pat the little creature on the head, but retracts his hand remembering the pain of getting to close to others.

Casts Token Spell to create a simple color shower


space goblin operative / 1 | SP 9/9 HP 8/8 RP 5/5 | EAC 15 KAC 16 | F+1 R+6 W+2 | Init+9 | Perc+9 | ac vs CM 24 | bab 0, melee 0, ranged 4 | image
skills:
acro 8,athl 5, bluff 4, computers 5, diplo 0, engineering 5, intim 4, perc 9, pilot 8, sm 0, slt of hand 12, stealth 8, surv 0

Eekz happily jumps and chases after drifting color motes for the duration of the spell... grinning happily... "Many shinies! Eekz like! No worry, Eekz no bite!" he adds when Ted withdraws his hand... "Am Eekz. What you called?"


Male Shirren Mystic 1 | SP 7/7 HP 12/12 RP 5/5 | EAC 13 KAC 14 | F +1 R +2 W +6 | Init +6 | Perc +8 | Spells Avail:: L1(3/3)

Grix's anxious claw clicking seems to increase in speed. He mutters to himself "Of khourse, ignored here as well. As khold a shoulder as the nights on Triaxus." He turns back to the viewport, but before long heads off to see if he can find some fine intoxicant to take his mind off their impending doom.

---

He returns to the common area shortly, toting bottles of shadebrew. He takes a seat and splits his attention between the viewport, the drink, and the antics of his fellow passengers.


Male Half-Elf Solarian 1 | SP 7/7 HP 11/11 RP 3/3 | EAC 13 KAC 15; Tch 11; FF 13 | F +2; R +0; W +2 | Speed 25 ft. | Init +0 | Solar Weapon: +4 (1d6+3 S); Called Tactical Starknife: +4 (1d4+3 P) | Perc +9

Another of the cabin doors opens and a young man emerges. He has the bronzed skin of a man who has spent time in the sun, and curly, shoulder length black hair. The narrow features of his face and sharp points to his ears speak of elven heritage, but the eyes are human.

He wears a leathery outfit, clearly designed for travel, but with slight ceremonial flourishes, blue and indigo, with gold-colored accents. The pair of symbols on his chest, a sunburst and a spiral, indicate what he truly is. The marks of a solarian, though that was made obvious by the shining, fist-sized yellow star floating by his head. He approaches Grix.

"Ignored? Not to me, Grix. What troubles you?"


Maps for WotW | Maps for CotCT

The tone of the engines and vibrations through the ship change as the Okiomoro comes out of the Drift. The captain comes over the PA system:

"Hello again, this is your captain speaking. As you probably noticed, we've exited the Drift and as soon as our thrusters are back online we'll be moving to dock with Absalom Station. We hope you had a pleasant voyage and enjoy your stay at the heart of the Pact Worlds."

Within an hour, the vessel has docked on one of the many arms of Absalom Station. An airlock is opened and passengers are able to disembark. The brightly lit docks of Absalom Station are abuzz with activity as travelers bustle by, preparing to board or disembarking from starships bound to or from any of dozens of worlds. Brash and swaggering starpilots, scurrying ysoki mechanics, and expectant colonists mingle with enigmatic kasatha mystics, hard-faced asteroid miners, imposing vesk mercenaries, and more, creating a microcosm of the abundance and variety of life in the Pact Worlds.

New arrivals meet friends, loved ones, or business contacts, and are whisked away into the humming activity of daily life on the vast space station. Beyond them, ground crews tend to the docked ships, and dockworkers in mechanized cargo lifters load and unload freight and baggage. A sharp tang of ozone hangs in the air—a byproduct of electrical discharges from the docked ships—but underneath, the station’s atmosphere has a slightly used aroma. The docking bay’s deck plates thrum beneath your feet, though whether it’s from the passage of innumerable feet or the vibrations of the station’s power conduits and air recycling systems is impossible to say.

You all immediately notice within the thrum is a dwarf, taller and thinner than his terrestrial-bound cousins, his build is clearly that of a dwarf who has spent his youth in low gravity environments. After a moment, he sees you as well and waves in greeting. This is Duravor Kreel, your contact with the Starfinder Society who is supposed to show you around the station and aid in your initiation.

@ Arcalinte, Eeks, Grix:
The three of you also see filtering through side passages two groups of men. Each group has three members and they appear to be trying to avoid being spotted, taking up positions across from one another in the docking bay while drawing laser pistols.

I'm going to need to create your tokens when I'm at home, but when looking at the map, you will be in the area at the bottom-middle of the map (looks like a steel platform demarcated by yellow and black caution stripes).

GM Rolls:

=== Perception ===
Arcalinte: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
Eekz: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Grix: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Spectre: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Ted: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13


space goblin operative / 1 | SP 9/9 HP 8/8 RP 5/5 | EAC 15 KAC 16 | F+1 R+6 W+2 | Init+9 | Perc+9 | ac vs CM 24 | bab 0, melee 0, ranged 4 | image
skills:
acro 8,athl 5, bluff 4, computers 5, diplo 0, engineering 5, intim 4, perc 9, pilot 8, sm 0, slt of hand 12, stealth 8, surv 0

"We haz cump'ny. They gotz lazers." Eekz looks for someplace to take cover and maybe not be noticed doing so.

stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

something tells me with a roll that bad while they are looking at us, that he ends up standing next to Kreel, barely in his shadow, and quite visible, lol, unless their perception REALLY sucks.


Male Shirren Mystic 1 | SP 7/7 HP 12/12 RP 5/5 | EAC 13 KAC 14 | F +1 R +2 W +6 | Init +6 | Perc +8 | Spells Avail:: L1(3/3)

Earlier on the Okimoro...

Grix clicks in greeting to the young human as he approaches. He takes a bottle of shadebrew and slides it across the table towards the newcomer. "A bad omen. Any khaptain that knows his khraft properly would drop out of drift before seeing his seventh reddrift in an hour. To khontinue means bad lukh for yourself and your passengers. Drift madness, inkhursions, khurses, or worse. My old ship would never have riskhed it."

"For some reason no one seems to khare though..." Grix twitches his antennae towards Ted and Eekz.

He eyes Arcalinte "Are you also answering the Starfinder Society's offer of workh? I thought the solarion enkhlaves were about khontemplation and study, not rakhing in piles of khredits!" Grix grins at his own joke, revealing barbed incisors.

------------

At Absalom Station:

Grix raises a hand in greeting to the dwarf, while putting another on Eekz's head. He quietly rasps out "You're very sharp little gobl- Eekz, was it?" As he corrects himself, he also lifts his claw. Sharp enough to deal with his own problems if he starts them. Probably wouldn't appreciate me holding him back like Sparks did.
"Trouble for sure, but maybe not trouble for us."

Dataphiles

Android Mechanic 1 | SP 7/7 HP 10/10 RP 4/4 | EAC 14 KAC 15; | F +3; R +5; W +0 | Init +3 | Perc +4 | Laser Rifle (azimuth): +4 (1d8 F)

Not sure how I missed that posting had begun...sorry! I'm here!

S-P37's most recent order hadn't included winning friends and influencing people. Though his circuits had analyzed each of his fellow passengers, his response would have been a shrug, had he been programmed to care.

Upon arriving at Absalom Station, the android's circuits review primary directives. A quick review of 0s and 1s indicates his weapons are functioning correctly.

Visual circuits lock on to his contact here, a male dwarf. The android commences progression toward the humanoid analyzing as he proceeds.

Ted, you have human human in your stat bar...

perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Maps for WotW | Maps for CotCT

Tokens have been uploaded to the map. I've also created character files on the Journal tab (which will be more useful/functional once a Starfinder character sheet is implemented). If your action is to move, feel free to move your token up to one movement increment from the current location. If you can PM me your name on Roll20, I'll limit edits/control of your token to your account. JAF0/Eekz, Grix and Austin/Ted, I already figured out yours!


space goblin operative / 1 | SP 9/9 HP 8/8 RP 5/5 | EAC 15 KAC 16 | F+1 R+6 W+2 | Init+9 | Perc+9 | ac vs CM 24 | bab 0, melee 0, ranged 4 | image
skills:
acro 8,athl 5, bluff 4, computers 5, diplo 0, engineering 5, intim 4, perc 9, pilot 8, sm 0, slt of hand 12, stealth 8, surv 0

all I can see is the starfinder splash page... not a map


Ysoki Soldier 1 | SP 8 HP 9 RP 4 | EAC 14 KAC 15 | F+3 R+3 W+2 | Init +3 | PER +0 |

PMing you my deets, if you need them.


Maps for WotW | Maps for CotCT

Eeks, sorry, it's been fixed.


Male Shirren Mystic 1 | SP 7/7 HP 12/12 RP 5/5 | EAC 13 KAC 14 | F +1 R +2 W +6 | Init +6 | Perc +8 | Spells Avail:: L1(3/3)

For anyone else trying to access the Roll20 map, I had more luck going from the roll20 website than the link above. It looks like Roll20 isn't smart enough to redirect you to log in before trying to let you enter the game at the link.


space goblin operative / 1 | SP 9/9 HP 8/8 RP 5/5 | EAC 15 KAC 16 | F+1 R+6 W+2 | Init+9 | Perc+9 | ac vs CM 24 | bab 0, melee 0, ranged 4 | image
skills:
acro 8,athl 5, bluff 4, computers 5, diplo 0, engineering 5, intim 4, perc 9, pilot 8, sm 0, slt of hand 12, stealth 8, surv 0

As stated, Eekz moved to what he hopes is good cover... double move


Ysoki Soldier 1 | SP 8 HP 9 RP 4 | EAC 14 KAC 15 | F+3 R+3 W+2 | Init +3 | PER +0 |

~ On the Okimoro ~

During the drift journey, an unusually subdued and unarmed Ysoki dances around the larger passengers with care. He is dressed in casual clothing of no particular note. It isn't clear whether he is a passenger or crew. But given the way he politely accepts and eventually carries off used food trays and napkins, it is generally assumed he must be a purser of some sort.

~ At Absolom Station ~

The brown rat-like creature strides (well, small strides) out of the airlock thoroughly transformed. The thin-braided white trim of a formal military collar peeks out from beneath his form-fitting light body armor. His back is ramrod straight, tail at attention, and a rifle far longer than his body rests at a relaxed right shoulder arms. A well-chewed and smoldering stogie hangs from his mouth beside his slightly puffed cheek pouch.

Burlap's enjoyment of the initial smell of Absolom's ozone and age is eclipsed by the warnings from his fellow passengers. He was here for Duravor Kreel, a ShortTall - as he considered dwarves - not a firefight. Not that he was against violence, as long as he was the one doing it.

The War-Rat slides right as the long rifle drops into his hands and he cycles a round into the chamber. With a bead on the nearest gun-man, Burlap takes up a shooter's stance and brings his furred claw to rest lightly on the trigger. Since he's new in town, a polite warning seemed responsible. He clears his throat and addresses the gun-man.

*AHEM* He squeaks, "Drop your weapon NOW or I aerate your skull." Yes, quite diplomatic.

MOVE: 30' to the right
READY: Shoot @ nearest gunman if he does anything other than drop his gun

BOOM:
STAND: Hunting Rifle (90')
Clip (6): x
Mods: Analog, Sniper's Aim (-2 to AC Cover bonus of target)
HIT: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
DAM: 1d8 ⇒ 2 P

Status:
SP: 8/8 | HP: 9/9
EAC:14 KAC:15
RP (4):
Effects:


Maps for WotW | Maps for CotCT

PCs' Actions:

Arcalinte: ?
Burlap: Move/Ready
Eekz: Move
Grix: n/a
Spectre: --
Ted: --

As the party takes in the scene before them and a couple of you begin to head for cover, it's like a switch goes off and laser blasts begin to criss-cross against the docking bay. People begin screaming in panic, several are wounded by the bolts, but the most grievous injury is sustained by Duravor Kreel. One of the laser bolts blasts right through his neck. With one hand raises to wave to you, a surprised expression comes over his face and he collapses to the ground, unmoving.

Surprise round. Only those who succeeded on perception checks may go. I rolled for Burlap and it was a success, so his readied action goes off. Arcanlite, Grix and Eeks may take one move or one standard action. Then we'll go into regular combat.

GM Rolls:

Burlap's Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17

==Initiative==
Arcalinte: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16
Burlap: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Eekz: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Grix: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Spectre: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Ted: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
-----------------
Enemy Group 1 (left): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Enemy Group 2 (right): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

==Random Targeted Chance==
Arcalinte: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Burlap: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Eekz: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Grix: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Spectre: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Ted: 1d6 ⇒ 4


Male Shirren Mystic 1 | SP 7/7 HP 12/12 RP 5/5 | EAC 13 KAC 14 | F +1 R +2 W +6 | Init +6 | Perc +8 | Spells Avail:: L1(3/3)

Grix mutters "Found our drift-khurse right here, waddling on two feet." He briefly contemplates trying to kick the ysoki off the platform before the guy gets everyone killed in a pointless firefight.

Sadly, the ysoki isn't even necessary to spark the fighting. Grix squints with displeasure at the exchange of laser bolts, especially as one of them takes out their contact. He continues his wave at the falling dwarf, but says "There goes my easy job. Might as well say goodbye to it." before heading off to find cover.


Maps for WotW | Maps for CotCT

The very beginning of this fight is a bit odd and sudden, so I'm just going to go with the existing moves/actions as posted above then move us into the first full round of combat.

Most of the Starfinder initiatives begin moving into cover as they try to assess the situation while Burlap's combat experience kicks in and he immediately opens fire on the threat, slightly wounding one of the gunmen. He yells in surprise then hollers to his fellow gang members, "They've got backup!"

The gangs continue to exchange fire but two of the gang members on the east begins to shoot at Burlap.

From the west, one of the gang members shoots wide but the other two concentrate their fire on the northernmost opposing gang member, both hitting him and injuring him badly but not before he lands a shot against the other gang. Two of the eastern gang then fire at Burlap, both shots hitting the ysoki. (2 and 4 points of fire damage.)

GM Rolls:

West Gang, #1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 - Miss
West Gang, #2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19 - Hit Target: 1d3 ⇒ 1
West Gang, #3: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20 - Hit Target: 1d3 ⇒ 1
East Gang, #1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 - Hit Target: 1d3 ⇒ 1
East Gang, #2 @ Burlap: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25 - Hit
East Gang, #3 @ Burlap: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17 - Hit
Damage, Azimuth Laser Pistol, Fire: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Damage, Azimuth Laser Pistol, Fire: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Damage, Azimuth Laser Pistol, Fire: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Damage, Azimuth Laser Pistol, Fire @ Burlap: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Damage, Azimuth Laser Pistol, Fire @ Burlap: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Round 1, your turn!

Dataphiles

Android Mechanic 1 | SP 7/7 HP 10/10 RP 4/4 | EAC 14 KAC 15; | F +3; R +5; W +0 | Init +3 | Perc +4 | Laser Rifle (azimuth): +4 (1d8 F)

"Hostile targets detected," Spectre says in a monotone voice.

A targeting reticle appears on his display over the enemy to the west.

"You will find killing my contact to be your last mistake," he says as he opens fire with his longarm.

Laser Rifle (azimuth) (weapon focus, combat tracking): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 181d8 ⇒ 2


Male Half-Elf Solarian 1 | SP 7/7 HP 11/11 RP 3/3 | EAC 13 KAC 15; Tch 11; FF 13 | F +2; R +0; W +2 | Speed 25 ft. | Init +0 | Solar Weapon: +4 (1d6+3 S); Called Tactical Starknife: +4 (1d4+3 P) | Perc +9
Grix Krizvit wrote:

Earlier on the Okimoro...

Grix clicks in greeting to the young human as he approaches. He takes a bottle of shadebrew and slides it across the table towards the newcomer. "A bad omen. Any khaptain that knows his khraft properly would drop out of drift before seeing his seventh reddrift in an hour. To khontinue means bad lukh for yourself and your passengers. Drift madness, inkhursions, khurses, or worse. My old ship would never have riskhed it."

"For some reason no one seems to khare though..." Grix twitches his antennae towards Ted and Eekz.

He eyes Arcalinte "Are you also answering the Starfinder Society's offer of workh? I thought the solarion enkhlaves were about khontemplation and study, not rakhing in piles of khredits!" Grix grins at his own joke, revealing barbed incisors.

Arcalinte replies with a smirk of his own.

"Ah, but what use is contemplation and study if you do not USE it to make the galaxy a better place? And raking in piles of credits certainly makes that easier as well."

He looks out the porthole at the Drift beyond.

"I can certainly relay your concerns to the pilot."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

At Absalom Station

As the group arrives, Arcalinte emerges from his cabin, appearing prepared to march to war, wearing a red and gold suit of kasathan make. Its slitted helmet covers his face completely apart from his eyes.

"It's good to be back. I've actually lived on Absalom for a while now, at the Cosmonastery of the Empty Orbit. That's where I learned most of my skills."

Then he stops as he notices that they've walked right into an ambush.

"DURAVOR! GET-" he shouts, his warning cut short by the laser shot hitting Kreel in the neck. He glares and closes his eyes, opening them again with a bright yellow glow as he seizes his mote in his hand. The small ball of light surges into a longsword of bright yellow light.

"I don't know who these bastards are, but they'll pay for that!"

Arcalinte draws his solar weapon and enters Photon Mode.


Ysoki Soldier 1 | SP 8 HP 9 RP 4 | EAC 14 KAC 15 | F+3 R+3 W+2 | Init +3 | PER +0 |

The smell of singed fur accompanies Burlap's high-pitched yip of pain. He glances at the two burns to his flesh, double-checking that neither one hit parts he'd rather not lose. Galvanized by the searing wounds, the ysoki rolls to his right, ending in a prone shooting position beneath some sort of metal gizmo, hopefully out of sight of the second gunman and making himself a smaller target for the first one. He jacks a round into the breech and fires on the same thug again.

Was that second shooter good or just lucky? Lasers have great range but I'm small and there are lots of boxes between us... Gotta be luck. PLEASE be luck. He prays. Not for the first time, Burlap wishes he was still in the army where he'd have better armor and weaponry with more oomph.

MOVE: On Map
SWIFT: Go Prone
STAND: Shoot

BOOM:
STAND: Hunting Rifle (90')
Clip (6): xx
Mods: Analog, Sniper's Aim (-2 to AC Cover bonus of target)
HIT: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
DAM: 1d8 ⇒ 2 P

Status:
SP: 2/8 | HP: 9/9
EAC:18 14+4 KAC:19 15+4
RP (4):
Effects:
Prone: +4 to AC for ranged attacks

If I understand the rules, my AC for being prone gets a +4 bump from ranged attacks. I've updated my Status to reflect that.


Maps for WotW | Maps for CotCT

Ill double check the cover rules but it looked like the only boxes between y'all was the one that shooter was hiding behind. But I'll double-check. If you think there were modifiers that should have made a 17 should have miss a 14, let me know. I'm struggling a bit to remember the cover bonuses.


Ysoki Soldier 1 | SP 8 HP 9 RP 4 | EAC 14 KAC 15 | F+3 R+3 W+2 | Init +3 | PER +0 |

Nah, don't worry about it. I wasn't trying to be critical, just in character because the shooter was so far away and using a pistol.


Maps for WotW | Maps for CotCT

Actually it was one of the best ways I've ever read of saying "not sure about that but I'll go with the flow". Literally had be lol and smile. But actually #3 (who rolled the 17) is the southernmost of the guys, closest to you. I think I turned on the nameplates in roll20 for y'all to see them. I'll check again when I get home.

And, just to reiterate, despite the similarities to PF, this is basically a new system. Things are plugging into each other in new and different ways. Ranged combat is now much more central than it was in PF. And, many experienced players (including me) still get stuff wrong in PF. Which is to say, please do let me know if you think I got something wrong. And if I wind up looking at the rule and deciding I don't like it or want to tweak it, I'll still give you the benefit of the RAW in that instance (because subverting reasonable expectations isn't fun).


Male Shirren Mystic 1 | SP 7/7 HP 12/12 RP 5/5 | EAC 13 KAC 14 | F +1 R +2 W +6 | Init +6 | Perc +8 | Spells Avail:: L1(3/3)

Grix stares with incredulity at his fellow passengers as they roll into this firefight like they have a death wish. As he watches each person drawing their weapon, even the seemingly level-headed Arcalinte, he shakes his head in disbelief.

They went drift-mad after all, didn't they? I need to get out of here before one of them starts shooting in my direction. Hm. Could use some leverage with the Society first though.

Grix peeks out around the yellow-gold hexagonal thingeroos and tries to find the person that fired the shot that downed Duravor. With a hiss, he draws his pistol and tries to estimate how long it would take to close the distance to that person.

I'll hold my remaining move action to move in the direction of whoever shot Duravor. If I don't know who it was, I'll hold in place.


Ysoki Soldier 1 | SP 8 HP 9 RP 4 | EAC 14 KAC 15 | F+3 R+3 W+2 | Init +3 | PER +0 |

I'm definitely not an expert on this ruleset (or PF for that matter)... but if I see anything that strikes me especially odd, I'll speak up.

Dataphiles

Male Human Technomancer 1 Dataphiles | SP 0/5 HP 9/9 RP 4/4 | EAC 13 KAC 14 | F+0 R+2 W+2 | Init+2 | Perc +0

Ted realizes the bad guys are on the East and, even worse, he's on the wrong side of the boxes for cover! He does a rolling jump over the crates and pulls out his pistol, firing a wild shot at the guy behind the cart. "Spectre! Don't make more enemies!" he yells as he sees the robot shooting at the guys who haven't shot at them.

-4 for range penalty with pistol
pistol attack: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (20) - 2 = 18 for damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6P
pistol attack / critical confirm: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -1 for damage critical: 1d6 ⇒ 2P

Dataphiles

Android Mechanic 1 | SP 7/7 HP 10/10 RP 4/4 | EAC 14 KAC 15; | F +3; R +5; W +0 | Init +3 | Perc +4 | Laser Rifle (azimuth): +4 (1d8 F)

I thought I was shooting at the guys that shot our contact...no? Also, I haven't introduced myself to know my name. :)


Maps for WotW | Maps for CotCT

It's not clear who shot Duravor; the guys Burlap is exchanging fire with are on the east/right side of the map. I've had an insane day at work so will try to update shortly but if anyone wants to change their action based on that, go ahead.

Dataphiles

Android Mechanic 1 | SP 7/7 HP 10/10 RP 4/4 | EAC 14 KAC 15; | F +3; R +5; W +0 | Init +3 | Perc +4 | Laser Rifle (azimuth): +4 (1d8 F)

Yeah, I'll definitely shoot at the guys that shot the dwarf...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Maps for WotW | Maps for CotCT

I think there is some confusion both on what is happening and what people are able to do. So, rather than advance the combat, I'm going to summarize again what's going on and highlight what my understanding is that people are trying to do and, if applicable, what other actions they may have left.

Duravor: Laser through the throat. You do not know who fired the shot that dropped him. It's a mystery.

Gangs: It appears there are two gangs fighting each other. One of them likely killed Duravor but it's impossible to say. There were too many people in the crowd and too much chaos. (Did Han or Greedo shoot first? It's a mystery.)

In terms of the gangs, you should see nameplates for them now. #1 for each is northmost (farthest from you), #3 is southmost (closest to you).

Burlap is exchanging fire with #2 and #3 on the east side. West side is firing at the east.

------------------------------

Arcalinte: You have a +1 BAB, so this means you can draw your weapon as part of a movement. Activating your stellar mode is a swift action. This means you can still move up to your normal movement and have a standard action left. So, you can move and attack (if someone is close enough) or double move. In either case, you can activate your solar weapon.
Burlap: You're good to go!
Eekz: Pending. (Probably because I never answered your question. Sorry!)
Grix: Move and hold. You will have cover against everyone except West #3. Do you want to "fight defensively"? Even though you're not attacking, I don't see why you can't do that in order to get an AC bonus.
Spectre: You moved west and fired, but that may have been based on a miscommunication. Can you confirm this is where you want to be and what you want to do?
Ted: Did you have enough movement to do a double-move across/over the crates? If so, I'm fine with that movement. Just want to confirm.

For what it's worth, I think dumping people RIGHT INTO COMBAT is a little rough for the opening of an AP. It worked well in our F2F game but for PbP with new rules it's a little hard to manage. Trust me that this does get easier once everyone gets more familiar with the rules.


Male Shirren Mystic 1 | SP 7/7 HP 12/12 RP 5/5 | EAC 13 KAC 14 | F +1 R +2 W +6 | Init +6 | Perc +8 | Spells Avail:: L1(3/3)

As a heads up, I'm not seeing nameplates on the enemies in Roll20. Also, (and I hope you don't mind more confusion) could you point out where it says activating stellar mode is a swift action? I'd assumed it was just automatic when you entered combat.

With laser fire going every which way and the culprit for Duravor's lethal wound nowhere to be found, Grix crouches behind the hexagonal yellow things, holds his pistol at the ready and waits for people to kill each other. So in total for this round: move action to draw pistol, standard to total defense for a +4 AC (Grix moved to this spot during the surprise round). Thanks for the reminder that they didn't take out fighting defensively/total defense.


Male Half-Elf Solarian 1 | SP 7/7 HP 11/11 RP 3/3 | EAC 13 KAC 15; Tch 11; FF 13 | F +2; R +0; W +2 | Speed 25 ft. | Init +0 | Solar Weapon: +4 (1d6+3 S); Called Tactical Starknife: +4 (1d4+3 P) | Perc +9

Thank you, that's very helpful.

As he draws his weapon, Arcalinte advances towards the terminal nearby, using it for cover as he closes with the gang on the left.

Advancing 5 squares to that blue C-shaped thing on the map. I'm GUESSING it's a terminal, but if it's not, lemme know and I'll correct it.

EDIT: Since I have BOTH a Standard Action and Move Action, I'm going to use both to move towards the gangsters, since I'm trying to get into melee.


Maps for WotW | Maps for CotCT

Forums were down for a good chunk of the day so if folks couldn't post, no worries. Just waiting on Eeks and Spectre. If they haven't posted by tomorrow morning, I'll go with what I can just to move us forward.

Dataphiles

Android Mechanic 1 | SP 7/7 HP 10/10 RP 4/4 | EAC 14 KAC 15; | F +3; R +5; W +0 | Init +3 | Perc +4 | Laser Rifle (azimuth): +4 (1d8 F)
Quote:
Spectre: You moved west and fired, but that may have been based on a miscommunication. Can you confirm this is where you want to be and what you want to do?

I could have sworn I responded to this yesterday. I'm not sure if my post was eaten, or all in my mind... I had thought we had seen who killed our contact. I'm not going to start firing indiscriminately,

so I'll hold fire until I can tell what has happened.

"Whoever has killed my contact, come out with your hands up!" Spectre demands.


Maps for WotW | Maps for CotCT

PCs' Actions:

Arcalinte: Draw and Advance
Burlap: Move, Prone, Shoot east - 16 - that will hit even with soft cover
Eekz: Will bot
Grix: Move and total defense
Spectre: Move and total defense
Ted: Move and fire east. Hit and crit

Burlap and Ted open fire on the southernmost gang member on the east side of the docking bay. Burlap's shot is a grazing one while Ted's hit the gangmember centermass. Everyone else scrambles to find cover.

The wounded gang member retreats, staying low for cover while trying to hold his guts in. The other two on the east side return fire, one at Ted, the other at Burlap. Both hit though Burlap takes a far more serious blow and is lit afire!

Ted takes 5 points, Burlap takes a critical hit for 7 fire and 4 burn.

To the west, the other gang cheers and concentrates fire on the one who just shot Burlap. The deluge of laser fire nearly swamps the gang member but somehow he manages to squeak by with only moderate wounds.

Heros, go!

GM Rolls:

==East Gang goes first==
East #1 shoots, -2 for range: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 6 - 2 = 17 Hit against EAC Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
East #2 shoots: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 Crit Damage + Burn: 2d4 + 2 + 1d4 ⇒ (1, 4) + 2 + (4) = 11
West #1 shoots: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
West #2 shoots: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 6 - 2 = 14
West #3 shoots: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 6 - 2 = 18
Damage: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (2, 2, 3) + 3 = 10

So, Ted rolled a natural 20. In Starfinder, that's an automatic critical. There's no need to confirm. However, Ted, I need you to flesh out your stats a bit more. Right now they just say "pistol", but that could be a azimuth laser pistol or a semi-auto tactical pistol. I'm able to figure it out from the dice you rolled, but the stats need to be more specific. Thanks!

Burlap, I suspect that may have dropped you. There are no negative hit points anymore. Instead, you stop at 0. See page 250 of the rulebook on stabilizing. If no one is able to get to you, you can use 1/4 of your resolve points, minimum 1, to stabilize. Then, next round, you can spend another resolve point to stay in the fight.


space goblin operative / 1 | SP 9/9 HP 8/8 RP 5/5 | EAC 15 KAC 16 | F+1 R+6 W+2 | Init+9 | Perc+9 | ac vs CM 24 | bab 0, melee 0, ranged 4 | image
skills:
acro 8,athl 5, bluff 4, computers 5, diplo 0, engineering 5, intim 4, perc 9, pilot 8, sm 0, slt of hand 12, stealth 8, surv 0

ack... sorry, you shouldn't have to bot Eekz... he moved and hid (ie took cover)... will act again next round, unless I somehow missed a round.


Ysoki Soldier 1 | SP 8 HP 9 RP 4 | EAC 14 KAC 15 | F+3 R+3 W+2 | Init +3 | PER +0 |

With a squeak, the ysoki collapses.

Yep, I'm at 0 SP & HP. If I understand what I'm reading, I'll need to spend 1 RP to stabilize (1/4 of my 4) as you mentioned. Since I have the Burning condition (pg. 273), at the beginning of the next turn I'll take more damage (costing me 1 RP instead of more HP) and then I'll need to make a DEX save to try to lose the condition. If I fail that save, spending an RP to gain 1 HP to 'stay in the fight' is a waste... as at the beginning of the next round I'll take more burning damage which will leave me Dying again. So, if I fail that first save, I will conserve my remaining RP so I get more chances to beat the save.

If no one gets to me, I will spend the RP to stabilize this round.

Status:
SP: 0/8 | HP: 0/9
EAC:18 14+4 KAC:19 15+4
RP (4): ?
Effects:
Prone: +4 to AC for ranged attacks


Male Shirren Mystic 1 | SP 7/7 HP 12/12 RP 5/5 | EAC 13 KAC 14 | F +1 R +2 W +6 | Init +6 | Perc +8 | Spells Avail:: L1(3/3)

Burlap, I can get to you, but can't do anything else for you this round. This reflex save is going to be really key for you. Taking ongoing damage at the start of each round (while you are in the dying state) causes you to lose 1 RP each time, plus another 1 RP to either stabilize or at the end of the round because you're dying. Very nasty. I've got some healing for you next round, but it could roll low and the burn will bring you back down. You're in a scary spot.

Grix spots Burlap going down, hesitates for a moment, and then runs on over to him while keeping his head down. Once he arrives next to Burlap he drops prone in order to avoid attracting further laser fire.

"Alright you khrazy rat, you better appreciate me stikhing my nekh out for you."


Maps for WotW | Maps for CotCT

No worries, Eekz. If that was your first full round action, you're good. And, everyone, sorry for that first round taking nearly a week! Should go faster as we all get more familiar with the rules.

But we are on the next round now, so everyone should post a new action.

Oh... and I finally see the utility of fire extinguishers!


Ysoki Soldier 1 | SP 8 HP 9 RP 4 | EAC 14 KAC 15 | F+3 R+3 W+2 | Init +3 | PER +0 |

OK, spent 1 RP last round to stabilize.

~ New Round ~

Continuing Burn DAM: 1d4 ⇒ 1 Lose 1 RP instead of the HP
Reflex Save vs DC:11 (10+Burn DAM): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18 WIN! I am no longer on fire. Uh, yay?

Having burnt through his fur, the flames are self-extinguished when they run up against the ysoki's flame-resistant armor. He remains motionless, body flung over his rifle.

Since Grix is going to give me some healing (Thanks, man!), I'm already down half my RP, and even with healing my SP will stay at 0, I'm going to NOT spend a point to 'stay in the fight' this round. That way, if I do get knocked to zero again, I will have 2 RP to prevent permanent death.

Status:
SP: 0/8 | HP: 0/9
EAC:18 14+4 KAC:19 15+4
RP (4): xx
Effects:
Prone: +4 to AC for ranged attacks


space goblin operative / 1 | SP 9/9 HP 8/8 RP 5/5 | EAC 15 KAC 16 | F+1 R+6 W+2 | Init+9 | Perc+9 | ac vs CM 24 | bab 0, melee 0, ranged 4 | image
skills:
acro 8,athl 5, bluff 4, computers 5, diplo 0, engineering 5, intim 4, perc 9, pilot 8, sm 0, slt of hand 12, stealth 8, surv 0

Eekz runs for a new source of cover... "No shoot I!", he cries as he runs for a place to hide behind some crates.

Dataphiles

Male Human Technomancer 1 Dataphiles | SP 0/5 HP 9/9 RP 4/4 | EAC 13 KAC 14 | F+0 R+2 W+2 | Init+2 | Perc +0

Didn't have a double move, so will skip firing this round. Pistol is a SemiAuto Pistol, tactical (character updated)

Ted ducks down below the boxes to let some of the fight stabilize, but keeps a close eye on the gang member behind him.

"Does anybody know what's going on?" he shouts over the clatter of combat.

Dataphiles

Android Mechanic 1 | SP 7/7 HP 10/10 RP 4/4 | EAC 14 KAC 15; | F +3; R +5; W +0 | Init +3 | Perc +4 | Laser Rifle (azimuth): +4 (1d8 F)

"Your failure to cooperate is duly noted," Spectre intones. Unsure who to fire at, he assumes the entire gang is responsible for murdering his contact.

Laser Rifle (azimuth) (weapon focus, combat tracking): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 251d8 ⇒ 7 Firing at West 3...that's a crit!


Maps for WotW | Maps for CotCT

So, that leaves Grix and Arc. I should be able to bot them tonight if they haven't posted by then.


Male Shirren Mystic 1 | SP 7/7 HP 12/12 RP 5/5 | EAC 13 KAC 14 | F +1 R +2 W +6 | Init +6 | Perc +8 | Spells Avail:: L1(3/3)

Grix's action this round was to double move to get next to Burlap, then to drop prone as a swift.

1 to 50 of 117 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dead Suns AP by GM SnowHeart All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.