Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Dead Reckoning

Game Master Kruelaid


2,701 to 2,750 of 3,115 << first < prev | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | next > last >>

M Human Wizard 3
Hoktsumisso wrote:
Hoktsumisso takes cover from the Xbow men ...

Every time you write that, I accidentally read it as "Xbox" rather than "Xbow."


"HAHAHAHA! And deaf as posts!"


"We are not deaf."
Jon keeps his hand on his bow.


Male Human Sorceror 3 EXP-3450

Sir! Hello to you and well met.


Hey dudes, I spent a good part of yesterday in the hospital and feel a little f*~!ed up due to the stomach flush.... explanations will follow. And I may be a deadbeat poster for a day or two. I'm gonna cut and paste this message into all my threads I feel so crappy now.

I'll post for Gulaf in a little while.


Male Gnome Druid 3

Hope it isn't anything serious ! Get well and take some rest , we'll be there when you come back


Pharasma wrote:

Hey dudes, I spent a good part of yesterday in the hospital and feel a little f!!~ed up due to the stomach flush.... explanations will follow. And I may be a deadbeat poster for a day or two. I'm gonna cut and paste this message into all my threads I feel so crappy now.

I'll post for Gulaf in a little while.

Take care.


Pharasma wrote:

Hey dudes, I spent a good part of yesterday in the hospital and feel a little f@&@ed up due to the stomach flush.... explanations will follow. And I may be a deadbeat poster for a day or two. I'm gonna cut and paste this message into all my threads I feel so crappy now.

I'll post for Gulaf in a little while.

u have a strong stomach, still have to take care of it.


Male Human Sorceror 3 EXP-3450

Take your time and be well, bro.


I'm well. The coincidence of poisoning myself and getting slammed at work. Learning flash, html, and css all at once.


Aref Sami Shahrokh wrote:
Sir! Hello to you and well met.

<Gulaf casts a suspicious eye from Jon to Aref, eyeing his robes carefully.>

"Greetings mage and friends. I am Gulaf. What business have you in my emporium?"


"My friend there," pointing to Aref, "needs some advice."

<The Deceiver looks over the emporium's inventory>

"Do you have books on summoning here?"


Aref has such a book.

Behind Gulaf something is amiss among the roofline guards. A second guard stops watching you and begins rubbing his temples.


The Deceiver wrote:

"My friend there," pointing to Aref, "needs some advice."

<The Deceiver looks over the emporium's inventory>

"Do you have books on summoning here?"

"Books of exotic origins, certainly, but none expressly on summoning. But now I have just unpacked a crate of tomes of distant lore and found a text concerning the elemental planes if you can read Yuka," he says, drawing the u out long. A language of which you've never heard.


Gulaf turns and you follow him inside. The hall is packed with crates, amphorae, rugs, and barrels of all sizes.


Domo follows, but he is keeping a weather eye on the commotion. Just in case...

Perception: 1d20+8=25


Domo:

Spoiler:
You're pretty sure that Vass is up on the roof mind probing and possessing these people as you stroll into Gulaf's Emporium. You saw no actions that suggest any immediate hostility from the guards who were visited by the demon though.


"Friends, I believe the demon is on the roof. We must beware." Domo murmurs in a voice designed not to be heard.


Gulaf's emporium is an impressively capacious warehouse.

Large enough for Buttercup and Drasheer to follow you in. Some dogs eye the beasts of burden suspiciously.


"I knew that SOB couldn't resist following us."

"Quick, do you have any holy water?" Cordoba asks of the owner.


M Human Wizard 3
Brother Domo wrote:
"Friends, I believe the demon is on the roof. We must beware." Domo murmurs in a voice designed not to be heard.

"Aye, brother. I shall keep a keen eye out for any suspicious behavior."


Male Human Sorceror 3 EXP-3450

Cordoba, I have vith me a book on summoning. Ve just haven't had much time to peruse it for something of vorth. Perhaps myself and our mage-friend could find a nice area to really go over it vithin dis warehouse and out of sight of our nemesis while the rest of you shop about.


"Ok, vat do you really want. You are not traders. From the slashes and bloodstains on your robes you are men of violence, yet not evil, or my vards would have signaled me."

"So why have you come to Gulaf?"


Male Gnome Druid 3

Oh there is this demon there but he is not really there , you see because he has no body but it keeps changing bodies and he follow us because he thinks we have the means to keep it from that but we don't know how and we need to go into the city without him following us and so we are here !


<Gulaf stares at Hoktsu. smiling and laughing, but his smiles fades as he considers the staccato explanation.>

"A demon. Bodiless. A possessor. Well then it is not just legend and tale tales."

<Gulaf reaches into his robe and looks around.>

"So you seek entrance to the city."

...

"This demon tracks you now?"


Male Gnome Druid 3

As usual when Hoktsumisso get excited , his spech deteriorates

He just outside playing with the crossbowmen but perhaps no need to go into city . You seem to know many things , we have big gem which was us to keep demo inside . You know how to use , yes , non ?


Male Gnome Druid 3

will be unable to post till Wednesday/thursday


M Human Wizard 3
Gulaf wrote:

<Gulaf stares at Hoktsu. smiling and laughing, but his smiles fades as he considers the staccato explanation.>

"A demon. Bodiless. A possessor. Well then it is not just legend and tale tales."

<Gulaf reaches into his robe and looks around.>

"So you seek entrance to the city."

...

"This demon tracks you now?"

"Yes."


Male Half-orc Fighter 2

"Yep."


<Gulaf barks some orders at his men in Kelish.>
Aref:

Spoiler:
He commands the men to regroup and stay close to each other, all of them, he orders, are to recite the morning prayer of Sarenrae and to keep doing so until told otherwise. If anyone chokes on the words or behaves strangely they should be disarmed and locked up. He tells them also to have Von Orejen's men stick together - presumably this is the armed men guarding the caravan out in the yard.

"I have no experience vith bodiless demons. Virgin eating abominations summoned from beyond, yes. Gulaf has wetted his pants as a grown man before sights that drive philosophers instantly to madness. But now I am too old. Follow me. You should go to the pillar."

He speaks of the pillar of Sarenrae, where paladins of the Dawnflower train. The two towers of the temple rest on a pillar of stone that rises up in the middle of the city from the very center of the great bazaar. Of course, you can go anywhere you want.... Also, Bohdan is here somewhere waiting for you. In the temple district there is also a small temple of Iomedae where he might be found, not far from the pillar, as well as a second temple of Sarenrae that you needn't climb up to.


Gulaf wrote:


"I have no experience vith bodiless demons. Virgin eating abominations summoned from beyond, yes. Gulaf has wetted his pants as a grown man before sights that drive philosophers instantly to madness. But now I am too old. Follow me. You should go to the pillar."

"Honored one, will the paladins of the pillar be able to aid us in restoring this demon to its prison?"


Male Human Sorceror 3 EXP-3450

Aref smiles at the good plan Gulaf puts in motion with his people and says, "Yes. The Pillar vould be a good idea, servants of the goodly gods vill be well armed to help vith such a vile creature as we have on us while we figure out how to trap de demon."


"The temple of Iomedae is not veak, but it is small in Katheer. There you can also go."

"Either way, I can get you into the bazaar directly through the tunnels, and you will need someone to vatch you animals while you are there, they cannot ascend the Pillar, unless they grow vings."

"This Gulaf can do."

"You vill be safe in the tunnels, and in the bazaar the throng is so dense that it too should keep you... relatively safe."


Domo walks over to Buttercup, rubs her behind an ear and tells her in a low voice to "be polite." SHe immediately lowers her ears and begins hissing, like a snake...


Male Human Sorceror 3 EXP-3450

"Drasheer, remember! Alvays show a lady respect. She vill come around. I will return for you and would like your hide to not have several donkey-bites out of it. Buttercup is a lady and as such you must respect her wishes and work to win her over through your actions."
Drasheer looks like he is listening intently and absorbing Aref's advice on wooing females. He looks at Buttercup and lowers his head almost to the ground in almost a bow.


Male Human Sorceror 3 EXP-3450
Gulaf wrote:
"You vill be safe in the tunnels, and in the bazaar the throng is so dense that it too should keep you... relatively safe."

Which of course, means no less safe than is normal in the bazaar. Thank you my friend, and may your camels alvays find the straightest path.


Holy Jeebus guys. I wrote this in wordpad three days ago then got called to a meeting that snowballed into 3 days of dawn to dusk work. Sorry.

After Domo finishes admonishing his pony, Gulaf leads you deeper into the building. Guards are clustered into large groups chatting (Aref translates) about demons, and taking turns reciting the Dawnflower's morning prayer. A clamor erupts when a guard is disarmed and roughed up for missing a line, but Aref shakes his head after looking into his backpack into the Eye of Aroden - so you all move on.

Gulaf ducks his head into a room and calls out four men with scimitars who follow behind him. Guards. They mutter their prayer.

"I have no idea if this mumbling vorks, but vat are we to do?"

You are taken into a back room - in the middle a is 15 foot deep circular pit morticed with stone that falls away into blackness. A pulley and gear mechanism connected to a man sized wheel controls a 10 foot platform now hanging at ground level in the opening. From its looks it can be lowered into the depths. On benches flanking the wheel are lean looking turbaned men who can lower and lift the platform by spinning the wheel with their feet. There seems to be some kind of locking mechanism, but when you are lowered you would appear to be at their mercy.

The four guards Gulaf called out take postions around the room and keep their hands on the swords. Gulaf barks some orders to them and gestures at the platform.


Domo, being the trusting guy that he is, steps onto the platform and takes a position in the middle, taking a brief moment to ensure that the platform isn't disturbed too much by his movement.


Cordoba shrugs and follows, "Why not?" he mutters.


Male Human Sorceror 3 EXP-3450
The Deceiver wrote:
Cordoba shrugs and follows, "Why not?" he mutters.

"Me also, my friend! Ve shall face the dangers united for to be divided is to lessen our strength."


Did some hospital time over the last week. I retroactively request a short leave.


Hey, Kruelaid, take good care of yourself. Have some durian while you're at it if it's available where you are.


<Gulaf pulls out a piece of paper and writes on it, then tossing it down the hole. As everyone climbs onto the platform:>

"All is vell. Adil Vill expect you below and guide you through."


Gulaf's slaves begin to turn the wheels and you lower into darkness.

As you near the middle of your descent into a clamor erupts above: screaming and the clatter of weapons echo down the shaft.

Then you feel yourselves become weightless as the platform drops from beneath you for a moment and 10 feet of shaft walls blur past in a second - and just when your stomachs are climbing up into your lungs a safety locks the rope - DEX 15 or acrobatics 10 to remain standing. Critical failures... muahahahA!

With the platform stopped, the fight above continues - a man is thrown into the well - falls in the center of the platform - reflex rolls Cordoba, Jon and Syd (I flipped a coin).


Acrobatics Check 1d20+8=28

Reflex Save 1d20+5=18

"WTF!!!" Shouts Cordoba as he sees the falling man.


Male Gnome Druid 3

DEX 16


Acrobatics: 1d20+10=22


M Human Wizard 3
Pharasma wrote:
With the platform stopped, the fight above continues - a man is thrown into the well - falls in the center of the platform - reflex rolls Cordoba, Jon and Syd (I flipped a coin).

But... this isn't Sparta...


Male Half-orc Fighter 2

Acrobatics 1d20+4 = 19; Ref save 1d20+2 = 17

Syd's expertise on board a ship's rigging may just save his thick hide...


Rackham and Aref: DEX or acrobatics
Jon: DEX or acrobatics then reflex save

2,701 to 2,750 of 3,115 << first < prev | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dead Reckoning PBP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.