Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Dead Reckoning

Game Master Kruelaid


2,651 to 2,700 of 3,115 << first < prev | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | next > last >>

Aref Sami Shahrokh wrote:
I vonder if de donkey and my camel could cross-breed, a hybrid of both would be quite a thing to behold and possibly quite useful. I vill need to think, someone who could help vith IDing de gem......hmmmmmm.

Domo looks a bit unnerved at the idea of a camel-pony and Buttercup shakes her head and begin baring her teeth.


Aref Sami Shahrokh wrote:
I vonder if de donkey and my camel could cross-breed, a hybrid of both would be quite a thing to behold and possibly quite useful. I vill need to think, someone who could help vith IDing de gem......hmmmmmm.

Aref and Pulsifer:

Spoiler:
FH bro, you know you can make something up any time you need when it comes to stuff like this. I roll with anything.

For Aref, to do this you may need to get to a a court mage, one of the Viziers' mid level assistants. Or to any number of private shops. Perhaps a retired mage who is a trader in magical goods up and down the river.

Also, and Pulsifer might be inclined to think along these lines: I've still got the Bohdan NPC alias, and he's probably waiting to see you guys at the temple of Iomedae (we even have a map forthcoming in a few days). And they keep a few wizards on retainer themselves I'm sure, and they have particular interest in the gem.

AND LASTLY, Aref, you can sneak into the city, (maybe Aref has never done it before) through the tunnels that (they say) run back from the cliffs right under the inner city and out to the hives like honeycomb.

Aref and Pulsifer: limiting yourselves to indoors would take away Vass' advantage of observation, it would force him to come close to spy on you, and the gem would alert you. Being in smaller places allows you to keep the gem out, and limits his advantage of being able to observe you from anything or anyone. On the streets he can melt into the crowd, take over a bird, or anything like that which allows him to tail you at a distance.


Aref Sami Shahrokh wrote:
I vonder if de donkey and my camel could cross-breed...
Brother Domo wrote:
Domo looks a bit unnerved at the idea of a camel-pony and Buttercup shakes her head and begin baring her teeth.

Drasheer nips at the hair on Buttercup's neck affectionately.


Male Human Sorceror 3 EXP-3450

Just making sure I don't step on any toes;P
Ve can sneak into the city through the tunnels dat (they say) run back from the cliffs right under de inner city and out to the hives like a honeycomb. I know of a retired mage who is a trader in magical goods up and down the river, vas once a court magician until he took too many liberties with one of de pasha's concubines. He vas luckily not killed but it vas a close thing. He taught me much in de ways of life in de courts and even more about de mystical arts. He has a place just inside the valls of de city. Come, ve will take the tunnels, it vill make it hard for our spirit-demon to vatch us.
Ahh, see! Drasheer likes the idea of a little romping with sweet Buttercup! Ha-Ha! Ve may soon be uncles to de first ever Donkel! Or perhaps a Camkey... Ha!


"Hmmmmm. Aref, I don't know if dis friend has a tunnel, but dere's always Gulaf's Trading Post inside the North Sandwall Gate. His son is married to my second cousin... or is she tird cousin?! Matters not! He knows of Draka and he may give you passage in exchange for some of dis equipment you carry in sacks."

<Draka waves his hand at the equipment loot from the Lost Temple.>

"He can get you from the edge of the city all de way to the docks I hear."

Man, I have no idea what stuff you kept. You have books, some arms and equipment....


Male Human Sorceror 3 EXP-3450

Thank you Draka, may your journeys be short and water be frequent! Vhat should ve do with poor Aki? I could bring her vith us until ve find someone to heal her of her affliction or kill de demon. Drasheer may look a bit rough but he moves with barely a sway in his step and vould be a most comfortable perch for our little sleeping chick-a-dee.
My apologies again Draka for bringing a bad situation to your door. I hope dis hasn't made me lose honor in your house, old friend, for I vould feel such a lose to my soul's source.


"I will take Aki to the shrine of Calistria, outside de west gate, dey will guard her, and maybe ve vill find some allies. I'll leave message at your apartments if need be, Aref. Your exciting visits are alvays velcome, though one day I fear dey will kill me!"


The mapper has been busy. But his labors are not yet complete:

>>>>>KATHEER, Working copy<<<<<

The white blocks are the hives, still under construction.

The outer wall is the "Sand Wall". The northernmost "Sand Wall" gate is where Gulaf's Trading Post can be found. It's called the sand wall because they think it doesn't keep anything out, all it does is collect sand.

The gates of the outer wall never close.

The Inner wall is the one you want to pass without getting molested by Vass.

I reckon Aref has a place in the inner city somewhere, maybe off the bazaar (orange district, around the Temple of Sarenrae, which is gold) somewhere, in a building teetering on the edge of a cliff.


Great map! Adobe illustrator? Downloaded the trial version and attempting to master it. And I will.


The Deceiver wrote:
Great map! Adobe illustrator? Downloaded the trial version and attempting to master it. And I will.

I started it for JJ's open call and sent it to him unfinished. To be honest I think the maps they've been putting out of big cities have been really poor, so I'm just making one myself.

That image consists of 28 linked files. Each neighborhood and terrain layer is in a discrete file. Otherwise the whole thing would slow the computer down so much that it would be unmanageable. What's really cool is I can run the Illustrator files through filters that make them look really cool, sort of hand drawn realistic looking... but that's to come later on.

If you're going to make battlemaps check out the overlays on the kruelaid bio page. Save you some time.

Really Illustrator is simple to use for battlemapping, although it can do a frack of a lot more.


M Human Wizard 3
The Mapper wrote:
The Deceiver wrote:
Great map! Adobe illustrator? Downloaded the trial version and attempting to master it. And I will.
I started it for JJ's open call and sent it to him unfinished. To be honest I think the maps they've been putting out of big cities have been really poor, so I'm just making one myself.

I sent in a large continent map and a dungeon map, the former done by hand with pen, ink, and markers, and the latter done in Macromedia Fireworks.


Male Gnome Druid 3

Hoktsumiss has to ask , your mage friend cheap ? last one cost us 200 gp ...


LOL. Not to mention they don't have any money. They sent their gems with the cleric to help return the enslaved children to Varisia, and kept the Eye of Aroden, which they now can't sell because it's needed to detect Vass.

I'm sure Aref's friend will do him a favor. Or, at the temple of Iomedae (Where the kids and cleric were heading) there will be considerable interest in the Eye and in hearing about the lost temple, and you could probably get them to shoulder the identify expenses.


Money? We can always work in the temple of Calistria.


Ok, I'm going to take that as an in character remark. Always the ooc remarks in this game...

When the group discusses their lack of funds, Cordoba suggests that he can go pimp himself at the temple of Calistria.

Hoktsu's little loot bag from downstairs burns in his pocket - he says nothing.


"I have a handful of gold and items that can be sold, if we have need of money," Domo says, sorting through his coin purse. "I would gladly give what I may if it would see the end of the demon's evil."


Male Gnome Druid 3

No need for this , when the innkeeper will come back with the items on the people we killed , it should be enough for everyone . 2000 -3000 gp worth at least !!!


On that note, I think we can get mobile again. Just waiting for my free time. Jon, you still out there?


Male Gnome Druid 3

Turning to Syd and the deceiver ,
How do we take your friend's body if we take the tunnels ?


In Katheer the dead are interred in the canyon walls outside the temple of Pharasma, which is in the westernmost part of the inner city. It is doubtful that somebody will look askance at people carrying a body in.


Knowledge (religion) to determine appropriate burial rites for Ryor 1d20+7=23


Cordoba:

Spoiler:
Ryor never professed to follow any religious practices that you know of, so in such cases the appropriate rites would be whatever his comrades in arms deem appropriate.

Most Katheerans clean and preserve the body (sewing his head back on would probably be a good idea) then put them into the crypts in the soul towers in the south eastern corner of the inner city, which explains their mummy problem.

In Magnimar, where Ryor came from, it's more common to see burial rites or funeral pyres. In the north of Varisia the burning of heroes is done on small ships that are left to drift as the burn to cinders and sink.

South of Katheer the dead are often burned on riversides.


"I don't recall if Ryor liked barbecues but he will appreciate the irony of having his body burned to free his spirit from his fleshy bonds."

His voice taking on a scholarly tone, Cordoba explains that:

"Most Katheerans, as I understand it, clean and preserve the body (sewing his head back on would probably be a good idea) then put them into the crypts in the soul towers in the south eastern corner of the inner city, which explains their mummy problem."

"In Magnimar, where Ryor came from, it's more common to see burial rites or funeral pyres. In the north of Varisia the burning of heroes is done on small ships that are left to drift as the burn to cinders and sink."

"South of Katheer the dead are often burned on riversides."

Just copying the info.


NP


Domo nods at the discussion of funeral rites, "It is good to honor your friend in this manner. When I am dead I would like for my body to be interred under a tavern, so that I might always hear the tales of daring and adventure..."


"If I die you must send my body or ashes to Jalmeray. There is my cousin. He is Qiang clan. Also send the weapon I fought with and my armor."


M Human Wizard 3

"I will keep all of this in mind."


With your things packed up and Ryor wrapped up in white sheets you head out of Draka's small compound onto the streets of the outer city.

With worries of Vass priming your paranoia, you travel quietly scanning the eyes of everyone around you. Aref keeps the knapsack with the green orb handy, so he can glance inside at every turn.

Perception rolls.

The narrow angular roads crowd with morning business. Before long Aref brings you to a larger thoroughfare and turns toward Gulaf's - taking you closer to the inner walls with their glaring gilt crenelations.

On the way every product and service you could imagine and more are pitched to you: from beholder eyestalks to monkies, massages and sex. Some of these even offered simultaneously.

Gulaf's sits inside the north sand wall gate, inside a fortified compound. When you enter the gates the spectral odors of travel and spices greet you. A bare chested man with a battleaxe nods to you and speaks in both common and Kelish: "Greetings. Trade, buy, sell?"

In an open yard a caravan is being unloaded. Drasheer brays at the other camels and Buttercup snorts and bares her teeth.

To the right is large building with two levels. Men with crossbow sit on the edges watching the walls and supervising the yard. Now and then the bark a few orders at the workers below.


M Human Wizard 3

Perception: 16 + 3 = 19


Male Gnome Druid 3

Perception 13


Perception 1d20+3=13


Perception: 1d20+8=19


Male Human Sorceror 3 EXP-3450

1d20 6=14 perception.


Domo and Pulsifer:

Spoiler:

Scanning around arousing nothing more than paranoia, Pulsifer shifts his search upward - beside him, Domo's eyes follow. Together they take some time to observe a hawk floating in a narrowing gyre overhead.

It's quite beautiful.

But after walking a while you wonder what in the name of Iomedae (or Cayden Cailean for that matter) it is doing hunting over the city, and why does it seem to be following you?

By the time you reach Gulaf's it has descended low enough to reach the ground in about 10 seconds.

Aref, Jon and Hoktsu:

Spoiler:
By the time you reach Gulaf's you notice Domo and Pulsifer are fixated on something up in the sky. A hawk circles overhead.

Syd Perception: 1d20=3

Syd gawks at the shops on the roadsife, bumping into Drasheer's rump when the group stops at Gulaf's. Drasheer cranes his neck around and howls at Syd.


Cordoba is familiar with this scene. In his mind's eye he can see small street children robbing people blind of their hard-earned cash. He need not worry though, he has no cash and his weapons are strapped on a harness across his chest while his rapier hangs by his side. That should give them pause he thinks.

Kruelaid, I had the longsword shapechanged into a dagger.

But he keeps his eyes and ears open. Even his sense of smell is press-ganged into the task of surviellance.

Perception 1d20+7=17

For Kruelaid

Spoiler:
House got burgled last night... and no, not by the Deceiver. We suspect that it was done by some streetkids, as the foot prints left at the scene are very small. And yes, it is a Filipino trait to make light of one's misfortune. How else do you think we survive all the others?


Oh yeah I forgot about that sword. That might come in handy. Hands on the weapons at all times I'm sure.

My wife sure can tell some tales of woe. It's amazing how much can go wrong on that beautiful stretch of islands. It's the rule of Murphy's Law there, to be sure, and no other.


M Human Wizard 3

Rackham nods surreptitiously at the hawk circling overhead.

"Gentlemen, we may have a problem. That hawk's been following us for quite some time now."


The Deceiver wrote:

Cordoba is familiar with this scene.

...
But he keeps his eyes and ears open. Even his sense of smell is press-ganged into the task of surviellance.

Cordoba grabs an urchin by the wrist just as the wiry little thief is about to cut open Domo's pouch with a razor.

The guard at Gulaf's repeats his query: "Buy, trade, sell?"


Male Human Sorceror 3 EXP-3450
Rackham Pulsifer wrote:

Rackham nods surreptitiously at the hawk circling overhead.

"Gentlemen, we may have a problem. That hawk's been following us for quite some time now."

I could Missile it or sent a couple friends from another plane to kill it if you vish. Anyvon else have an idea?


"Away little one! Lest you lose your hands to the chopping block!"

In Saudi Arabia, my father tells me that they chop off the hands of thieves.


Domo looks shocked at the small child attempting to cut his purse, but is distracted by the bird.

"If that bird is possessed, perhaps it is better to leave the demon there. At least then we know where he is, right?"


The guard, now looking annoyed, repeats himself again: "Buy, sell, trade?"


"Trade, I say."


"Come in then." He waves his hand toward the building and barks at the other guardsmen.

The hawk lights on the building between the men with crossbows.


Male Half-orc Fighter 2

Syd is from a city, and is thus familiar with the life and bustle of a metropolis but the 'foreign-ness' of it all is what makes him gawp and look around everywhere.

Imagine Arnie in Conan, sort of before he punches the camel!


So my Katheer map is coming along well. I have a trog city underneath, it's very cool but not all finished. Will post it soon.

Syd wrote:
Imagine Arnie in Conan, sort of before he punches the camel!

A hilarious truly memorable scene.


The hawk falls from the roof. Unconscious.


Male Gnome Druid 3

Hoktsumisso takes cover from the Xbow men ...


When Hoktsu takes cover the gatekeeper looks down at him and frowns. Everyone glances at the roof nervously waiting for the near certain rooftop artillery.

One of the crossbowmen looks dazed for a minute but doesn't start shooting.

Aref peeks into his backpack, it's hard to tell in the bright morning sun, but he's nearly sure there is a soft interior glow, nothing like he saw earlier when Vass was in the room. Aref notes that the misty eyed rooftop guard looks to be about 40 feet away.

An archway gate into Gulaf's main building beckons you.

The gatekeeper snorts at you, and in Kelish to Aref: "...foreigners."


<A robust man but not nearly as portly as Draka strides out through the archway and looks you over.>

"Varisians with sunburn. Ragged desert robes. Booty. Scant coin but a rich tale I'm sure!"

2,651 to 2,700 of 3,115 << first < prev | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dead Reckoning PBP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.