Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Dead Reckoning

Game Master Kruelaid


2,301 to 2,350 of 3,115 << first < prev | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | next > last >>

"For the love of the gods! I've come to a land without chairs!"


"Your joints troubling you, Ryor? You're getting old."


"Yah, maybe it was being lashed to a camel for a day that did it. Anyways, at least we can't fall out of our chairs drunk."


"Drinking? So long as you're paying."


Male Human Sorceror 3 EXP-3450

HA-HA!!! Now you see de true wisdom of my people! Also you may have noticed......desert. Not forest. There is not a great abundance of materials for furniture unless you vould like to be sitting in a sandstone settee. I see that Akilara is still as vonderful of a dancer as ever! I alvays wondered why she stayed in dis place, Draka, when her beauty would not be out of place in de palaces of de city proper. Someday, dear flower, you vill see me for what I truly am and ve will be wed. That I promise.


"Aref, do you baths here?"


Male Human Sorceror 3 EXP-3450
The Deceiver wrote:
"Aref, do you baths here?"

I vill take you to a bathhouse on the morrow. Safe rest is more important right now. Perhaps Draka can spare a jug of water and some rags to help wipe away some of the journey? Draka?


"Akilara is a beauty, getting a little thin lately, though. Water, Xoshenna!"

<Claps his hands and leads you downstairs.>

"I don't hear you purses jingling. Have you been robbed? Ze pickpockets of Katheer are like sorcerers. Well you carry good weapons, you will not want for work."


Draka takes you through a cooking area and down a long stairway that leads into a small, cool but shabby room with a rug, some pillows and a hookah. Several heavy wooden doors lead into side chambers.

Draka leads you into one of the rooms - it smells of strange spices and something fermented - inside are sleeping mats. He then pushes aside some boxes and shows you a very well hidden secret door.


"It leads to ze glassblower's storage room next door. His vife is my sister, as Aref knows."

<He motions out the door.>

"The vite door beside this room has a vater tank and a dweomered chamber pot. No stink."

"Xoshenna vill bring some basins. Come upstairs for some foods ven you are ready and Akilara vill dance for you."


If there's nothing you want to check down here I'm taking everyone back upstairs for food and drink.


Hoktsumisso and Brother Domo will be joining us in my next post. Can I get everyone, them included, to post a perception roll.


Perception
1d20+3=12
"this is such a nice place. "


Jon Qiang wrote:
Perception 1d20+3=12 "...this is such a nice place. "

A nice place with a dirt floor, and a strong odor of male sweat, lamb viscera, and stale beer. Just the way Jon loves it.

Jon:

Spoiler:
When you come back up from the basement you notice a gnome and a man in monk's robes who don't fit it.

Through her sheer clothing you notice that Akilara, the plump but alluring belly dancer, is not wearing panties and shaves her nether regions.

One group of men looks particularly tough and aggressive - perhaps you should keep you eye on them.


Perception 1d20+7=22

Always looking....


Male Gnome Druid 3

Perception 24

Love this place , It has character !


Domo sits, rather stiffly, trying to watch the belly dancer and not watch her at the same time. He seems embarrassed by the scene.

Perception: 1d20+8=16


Male Half-orc Fighter 2

1d6=6

"Cor, this is a bit of a swanky place, yer got!"


"Ever been to a swanky place before today, Syd?" The Deceiver asks, smiling.


M Human Wizard 3
Brother Domo wrote:
Domo sits, rather stiffly, trying to watch the belly dancer and not watch her at the same time. He seems embarrassed by the scene.

Rackham has a similar reaction to the exotic entertainment. A few more minutes, and we'll have a nosebleed on our hands.


Male Human Sorceror 3 EXP-3450

1d20 6=9 Perception. Aref can't seem to take his eyes off of the woman's gyrations.


The Deceiver wrote:
Perception 1d20+7=22 Always looking....

The Deceiver:

Spoiler:

Your stomach growls as you re-enter the hall through the kitchen and see the broiling lamb.

Once in the hall again Cordoba begins calculating the threat level of each and every person in the room and considers possible exits should a situation necessitate flight.

A lot of merchants and tradesmen rate low, are easily dispatched need be.

A group of heavies who seem to have consumed rather a lot judging by the empty bottles uncleared on the mat. The servers are moving quickly and clearing other mats - thus partiers these must have quickly downed the last round. Judging from his light arms and prodigious pouches of them looks like a magic wielder.

A gnome with green locks sits with a lanky fellow in monks robes who is well armed. They're not local.

Akilara is weaving through the room gyrating her hips, everyone seems quite distracted by her.

Your stomach growls again.


Hoktsumisso wrote:
Perception 24

Hoktsumisso:

Spoiler:
Drakka's business is picking up with the sunset.

The cantina is filling up with laborers and tradesmen. A hardened looking group of adventurers is seated in a corner nearby, one of them looks to be a spell-user. They've finished off a significant amount of wine and shish-kebob in the last thirty minutes... the sort to keep an eye on.

Akilara is gyrating around the room to a delicate rhythm melting out of the soft lambskin drum, lute, and reed-pipe to your right. The piper is a halfling - looks to be Varisian - the others are locals.

More Varisians enter the room, judging from their boots and what clothes you can see under their ragged desert robes. They are led by a local equipped for long desert travel. The Varisians look a little rough - sun-burnt and ill-equipped - as if they've been robbed, or picked up from their homeland and dropped in the middle of the desert.

Draka leads them though the hall into the kitchen and re-appears later, working his way through the hall boastfully encouraging excess among his patrons and scarfing down some lamb and ale with them every now and then.

After a while the Varisians re-emerge looking a little refreshed and Draka seats them between you and the toughs who have had a little too much drink. One of them looks peaceful, wears beads, white-haired with the look of a cleric or other spell-caster and the wisdom of many years reflected in his eyes. Also a serious faced Tian soldier wearing armor that must have been forged on the other side of the world. A half orc sailor agog at the cantina's wildness. A man with searching, deceptive eyes, checking everyone in the room. Interesting.


Brother Domo and Hoktsumisso are seated together in the corner.

In another corner a boisterous gang of adventurers are dousing their inhibitions with wine and ale.

Draka seats the Varisians led by Aref between.

Whatever the reason it doesn't matter much. Ahhh the tavern cliche...


Brother Domo wrote:
Perception: 1d20+8=16

Brother Domo:

Spoiler:
Drakka's business is picking up with the sunset.

The cantina is filling up with laborers and tradesmen. Some particularly boisterous men are seated in a corner nearby and have finished off a significant amount of wine and shish-kebob in the last thirty minutes.

Akilara is rather scantily clad this evening, gyrating around the room to a delicate rhythm melting out of the soft lambskin drum, lute, and reed-pipe to your right. Every time she turns to your corner she looks straight into her eyes and pulls away the air thin scarves covering her thighs.

Some men in ragged robes enter the room led by a local equipped for long desert travel - it looks like they might have been rescued in the desert. Northerners.

Draka leads them though the hall into the kitchen and re-appears later, working his way through the hall boastfully encouraging excess among his patrons and scarfing down some lamb and ale with them every now and then.

After a while the Varisians re-emerge looking a little refreshed and Draka seats them between you and the toughs who have had a little too much drink.


Syd wrote:
1d6=6

Syd:

Spoiler:
Real food. An amazingly limber and beautiful dancer clothed in silken scarves that she pulls aside just enough to suggest indecency. Akilara. It's hard not to watch her.

Xoshana brings food and wine to your mat and you begin filling the month old pit in your stomach. She asks you to call her "Xo".

Life is good again.


Aref Sami Shahrokh wrote:
1d20 6=9 Perception. Aref can't seem to take his eyes off of the woman's gyrations.

Aref:

Spoiler:
Aref notices a little mole on Akilara's thigh that he must have missed before. Having seen more than a few of her veil dances, how he could have missed it defies explanation - chock it up to the alcohol.

It's the usual crowd at Draka's this evening, even a few toughs seated beside you getting drunk on Draka's brew. A monk and a gnome to your side seem a little out of place but look like they're having fun. The gnome looks you over.

You keep you backpack close by. A weird green light spills out for a moment when the closing knot comes untied and you lash it closed again. Nobody seems to notice.


Rackham Pulsifer wrote:
... A few more minutes, and we'll have a nosebleed on our hands.

Pulsifer:

Spoiler:
Akilara seems to take a liking to you when she passes your table, brushing her legs against you and circling your cushion. She smells of sandalwood and an exotic musk that you can't place.

Picturing how she removed all that body hair takes hold of your imagination for a while - although a little will gets your mind back into the here and now.

Draka has seated you and your traveling companions between a group of inebriated hooligans and a duo who seem a little out of place, although not nearly as out of place as you and your Varisian friends must look.

Draka spends a little time at each table encouraging everyone into excess and apparently keeping a tab of the consumption using bead necklaces that jingle under his robes.


Jon:

Spoiler:
The babbling of several unrecognizable languages melts into a droning hum as the music and drink lifts the weight of your recent combats up off your shoulders.

You keep your sword close nevertheless. The men sitting behind you are become especially boisterous and aggressive with the girls, although you're not really sure what they're saying. Then again it could just be cultural differences - better to bother nobody until you know what is what.

Draka comes by your table and joins you for some drinks and lamb before moving on to the next group. He seems to circle the room constantly, keeping an eye on his business interests.

The green glow of the emerald orb glints out of Aref's backpack for a second, but Aref closes it quickly. Nobody seems to notice.


Male Half-orc Fighter 2

"Lovely grub! Nice birds, eh?"


Domo keeps his eyes on his food, only glancing up quickly and furtively to watch the room. 'Surely something interesting will happen!' he thinks to himself, 'it always does!'


"See the gnome with green locks sitting with the lanky fellow in monks robes. They're not local." Cordoba tells companions. "Perhaps, they'd be more amenable to helping us."


Male Gnome Druid 3

'Hoktumissonotfromheremunchbutherealongtimunchmeyouneedhelpcrunchwhyyouneed helpmunchhoktumissogoodguidenotgoverycrunchfastbutnotlostindesertmunchyouri chyoupayhoktumissohelpevenyoupoormunchhoktumayhelpifproblemofinterestwhatyo usay!

The fact that the gnome speak very fast , has a rather shrillvoice and that he is eating at the same time tends to make his speech difficult to understand


Domo looks sideways at the green gnome and says politely, "Sir, I confess, I did not understand a word that you spoke. Perhaps if you could slow it down slightly, for as the brethren told me often, I am slow and obstinate and not given to intellectual pursuit."


Male Human Sorceror 3 EXP-3450

"Ahhh, Sweet Akilara, why do you taunt me so? In all my travels I have never seen a desert blossom shed beauty as you do. I vould be made whole if you vere to be mine, with your beauty that vould make a god give up the heavens. Someday, my dear, you will know my worth and honor me vith your hand."
Aref is smitten with her if you couldn't tell.


The Deceiver wrote:
"See the gnome with green locks sitting with the lanky fellow in monks robes. They're not local." Cordoba tells companions. "Perhaps, they'd be more amenable to helping us."

I aim to put you in a situation where you need help...


M Human Wizard 3

A few drops of blood drip from Rackham's nose, spattering on his robes.

"Curse this den of temptation."


Male Gnome Druid 3

The gnome rolls his eyes ,swallows and turns to his neighbor :
'The shifty one over there said they need help . Hotsumisso just told him how he can help and asked what was his problem '


"Aref, have you ordered something to eat?"


The Deceiver wrote:
"Aref, have you ordered something to eat?"

Sorry Rad, I mentioned it in individual posts but not all. Cordoba was so busy checking out all the threats in the room he missed the food arriving at the table.

So this post should have gone before the spoilers.

When you come up from the basement Draka seats you around a beautifully woven mat on plush pillows.

Without Aref even mentioning food Draka has a clay jug of wine and jugs of ale in blue glass pitchers brought to you. Sturdy stone mugs are passed around.

Food arrives moments later. Roasted lamb, frangrant rices, mixed vegetable with grains, all manner of sauces in an array of dishes, flatbread, and more.

Akilara adds a beautiful lilting song to her mind numbing gyrations. It's not long before the rest of the mats are filled up and Draka's is booming.

Cool. Real belly dance music. Don't miss the link.


"Wow, magic. The service here is very good. I was just thinking of food."


Syd wrote:
"Lovely grub! Nice birds, eh?"

Xoshanna winks at you.


The Deceiver wrote:
"Wow, magic. The service here is very good. I was just thinking of food."

After calculating how long it would take him to send everyone in the room down to the boneyard.


Can't view the clip; my player is saying that the link is outdated.


It's still there. If you're using Quicktime from streamed audio it should just start playing in its own window. Do you get the Z-Day music links I post?

By the end of the last song Akilara has made a full circuit around the room. The tempo picks up... Akilara picks a fig up off Aref's plate with her teeth - bending over backwards.


Z-day music links are in the game thread or discussion thread?


Hoktsumisso wrote:

The gnome rolls his eyes ,swallows and turns to his neighbor :

'The shifty one over there said they need help . Hotsumisso just told him how he can help and asked what was his problem '

"Ahh, I see." Domo cranes his head to look at the person the gnome indicated and leans back over toward the gnome conspiratorially. "They seem like they can handle themselves."


Who's he calling 'shifty'? :D


Brother Domo and Hoktsu are at an adjacent table to the Varisians.

You're next to each other. Domo and Hoktsu are in the corner.


Hoktsu and Cordoba:

Spoiler:
Something is up. One of the toughs at the table next to the Varisians chokes for a minute then starts acting peculiar. You each keep an eye on him. He staggers unconvincingly up to the band and says something, then turns to go back and stumbles toward Cordoba...

2,301 to 2,350 of 3,115 << first < prev | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dead Reckoning PBP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.