Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Society


Starfinder


Starfinder Society

Dawn of Legends (A Legacy of Failure)

Game Master JamZilla

Combat Map


2,151 to 2,200 of 2,234 << first < prev | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | next > last >>

Napalm chews slowly as he traces the lines of the sewer system with one finger. Sterne was certainly right in that they criss-crossed the city like a network of veins and someone who knew their layout could follow them anywhere they liked without being seen.

But that still didn't feel quite right to him. They had spent hours down there in search of The Dragon weeks ago and all of them came out fouler than they had ever been before. If he was living down there, surely there would be some forensic evidence at these scenes that would suggest that?

He chews the problem over as thoroughly as his noodles.

But then Trystt stands up and mentions the Prohibition tunnels. She strides to the giant map of Manhattan and tries to point out a variety of locations where the tunnels used to have stations. Some she manages but standing on tiptoes she is barely able to reach past Midtown.

Spotting this, Spore sends a long vine out that slithers along the floor of the apartment and shapes itself into a rough step. Without breaking stride the slender girl steps upon and points out several more stations.

She takes a black Sharpie and begins circling the stations and drawing lines between them that represent the old tunnel system she remembers.

Sterne cottons on and takes up another coloured pen and starts marking the sites of the most recent Punisher attacks.

When they step back the map looks like some bizarre arcane marking with intricate line and circles and crosses. But what is immediately apparent is that every scene is within a half a mile of one of those prohibition stations.


aka Midnight - F Alien Kineticist/Paladin 3; hp 40; AC 20, T 13, FF 17, BAC 16; F +10|R +9|W +6; Init +3, Perception +6 Darkvision 60 ft
skills:
Diplomacy +7, Fly +9, Knowledge (meta) +6, Perception +6, Sense Motive +4
Max. burn 7, Fame: 4

I have read of this 'prohibition', where this country decided to ban the most popular beverage on the grounds of health and morality

Midnight tilts her head sideways, considering things

I believe the population's response...

she nods at the newly-annotated city map

...is indicative of the country's response to perceived injustice.
How fitting then that Mister Castle chooses them.

She taps one blue finger on her lips

So there'll be traps, nasty and lethal traps...


Male Human aka Ebon - Human, Monk/Magus 4 | hp44 | F+7 R+7 W+9 | AC K 20 E 19 | Init +6 | Perc +11

Akio stands back as Trystt and Sterne work on the map, the lines are clear to see and then it all makes sense. "Brilliant. That was well spotted Trystt." He smiles, nodding. "Now do we take one of these tunnels and attempt to track him down? I suppose we need to inform SHIELD."

Dark Archive

F Sylph Rogue/Magus/Witch | HP: 27 | KAC:20* | EAC:19 | F:4 R:8 W:7 | CMD: 18 | Init: 4 | Per: 15* | Speed: 35' | Darkvision: 60' | Fame: 3 | Arcane Pool: 6 | Magus Spells: | 1st: 5 | Witch Spells: | 1st: 8 | 2nd: 4 |

Trystt half-bows with a little flourish. "Thank you, kind sir. I agree about SHIELD. They may not even want us going after the Punisher. Either way, I definitely don't want to be caught in that crossfire."


Male Human Mesmerist - Bard INIT +1, PPT+8, FORT +4, REF +6, WILL +13, CMB+3, CMD +14, BA +3,AC 16, EAC 15, T 11, FF 15 HP 35

Sterne replaces the cap on his sharpie and clicking it into place he looks at their work.
I think we have something here, well done young lady. he says with a smile now his movements at least make more sense.
Undoubtedly he will have protected his lair
he says agreeing with Midnight
do any of you have any experience with this kind of thing? Can any of you guide us through safely? he asks looking around at the group, hoping the answer from one of them would be "yes"


aka Napalm, Mutant (half-orc) Alchemist/Rogue (hp 29/29; F+7, R+10*, W+6* | KAC 18/14/14; EAC 17/14/13 | Init +4 | Perception +8*, Sense Motive +7)
Dex Mutagen:
F+7, R+12*, W+5* | KAC 20/14/16; EAC 19/14/15 | Init +6 | Perception +7*, SM +6

"Experience in underground tunnels? Not me. Though I have no problems seeing in the dark. The worry would be if we get lost down there. A network like that will probably all look the same. We ought to bring some markers with us."

"Perhaps we should test out this theory before involving SHIELD. Let's find one of the entry points and see if there's any evidence someone was there recently."

Dark Archive

F Sylph Rogue/Magus/Witch | HP: 27 | KAC:20* | EAC:19 | F:4 R:8 W:7 | CMD: 18 | Init: 4 | Per: 15* | Speed: 35' | Darkvision: 60' | Fame: 3 | Arcane Pool: 6 | Magus Spells: | 1st: 5 | Witch Spells: | 1st: 8 | 2nd: 4 |

Trystt laughs musically. "Surely you've seen a horror movie at some point. Always tell someone where you're going."


So SHIELD or no SHIELD? Also, any preference on which station you go to? It's for exposition purposes mostly.


Male Human aka Ebon - Human, Monk/Magus 4 | hp44 | F+7 R+7 W+9 | AC K 20 E 19 | Init +6 | Perc +11

"There has to be some maps or some information on the internet, right?" He asks. "I'm unsure how I feel not telling shield, but we haven't heard from Daredevil. But I'm happy to at least take a look first, it saves us time explaining the Doctor here."


Plant Creature Brawler/Sorcerer 4 | HP: 48/48; Fast Heal 3 | AC 19/19; | Fort:+9; Ref:+7; Will:+6 | Resist: Cold 5, Acid 5 | Vulnerable: Fire | Immune: Mind-Effecting, Paralysis, Poison, Polymorph, Sleep, Stun | Low-Light Vision; Perc.+9; Init +2

"SHIELD, had been a good ally to us, and me and Midnight especially— no reason to not tell them," Spore floats.


aka Napalm, Mutant (half-orc) Alchemist/Rogue (hp 29/29; F+7, R+10*, W+6* | KAC 18/14/14; EAC 17/14/13 | Init +4 | Perception +8*, Sense Motive +7)
Dex Mutagen:
F+7, R+12*, W+5* | KAC 20/14/16; EAC 19/14/15 | Init +6 | Perception +7*, SM +6

"They also have a tendency to mettle, and sometimes it comes back to bite them. And I work for them, remember?" Napalm pauses for a moment, thinking.

"But the biggest thing is that they may want to vet Dr. Sterne here. Something necessary if he's going to help us further, but something that will also take time. If there's no red flags, I think they would defer to us on who we work with, but that doesn't mean he would get SHIELD access." He looks at the Doctor. "Well, what do you think, Doc? Are you willing to have your existence known by SHIELD? There will be hundreds of questions, tests, and at the bare minimum, you'll be added to a database, if you aren't already in there. And we might lose any trail on the Punisher."


Male Human Mesmerist - Bard INIT +1, PPT+8, FORT +4, REF +6, WILL +13, CMB+3, CMD +14, BA +3,AC 16, EAC 15, T 11, FF 15 HP 35

Shield are going to find out about me anyway, I guess that is inevitable at this point.
Though I think we can avoid it for now, as you say it will take time. Time which we may not have
he says maybe we should check out one of these sites, see how accurate our theory is. That I think is the best course of action


aka Napalm, Mutant (half-orc) Alchemist/Rogue (hp 29/29; F+7, R+10*, W+6* | KAC 18/14/14; EAC 17/14/13 | Init +4 | Perception +8*, Sense Motive +7)
Dex Mutagen:
F+7, R+12*, W+5* | KAC 20/14/16; EAC 19/14/15 | Init +6 | Perception +7*, SM +6

Napalm nods. "Like I said, we're freelance. We'll bring you to SHIELD when the time is right. For now, we can follow-up on a lead on our own and verify your information."

"Anyone need some supplies if we're headed underground. Especially if we do encounter the Punisher? Like I said, I can mostly see in the dark." He grins.


aka Midnight - F Alien Kineticist/Paladin 3; hp 40; AC 20, T 13, FF 17, BAC 16; F +10|R +9|W +6; Init +3, Perception +6 Darkvision 60 ft
skills:
Diplomacy +7, Fly +9, Knowledge (meta) +6, Perception +6, Sense Motive +4
Max. burn 7, Fame: 4

Midnight nods

SHIELD can wait, the Punisher can't. Don't you have a saying something like 'better to ask forgiveness than permission?'

she tilts her head to the side

Doctor, do you own or have access to a bullet proof vest or other protection? Can you use your powers to protect against bullets? I ask as I believe if we are hunting Mister Castle then the answer may be pertinent...

Dark Archive

F Sylph Rogue/Magus/Witch | HP: 27 | KAC:20* | EAC:19 | F:4 R:8 W:7 | CMD: 18 | Init: 4 | Per: 15* | Speed: 35' | Darkvision: 60' | Fame: 3 | Arcane Pool: 6 | Magus Spells: | 1st: 5 | Witch Spells: | 1st: 8 | 2nd: 4 |

Trystt is ready to follow, having voiced her opinion.


Male Human Mesmerist - Bard INIT +1, PPT+8, FORT +4, REF +6, WILL +13, CMB+3, CMD +14, BA +3,AC 16, EAC 15, T 11, FF 15 HP 35

Alas my powers do not make me bullet proof but I may have a trick or two up my sleeve he says a little mysteriously as he replies to Midnight However I do have Stark micro Kevlar vest, I acquired it from my friend in the N.Y.P.D he assured me it was top of the line. Rising and stretching he steps out into the room and looks at the map once more
Napalm, can you get more of the SHIELD tech you use to see in the dark? I could do with something like that Otherwise lll have to get some torches from home. he says assuming Napalm is using some kind of gadget to enhance his night vision.
I do not know what else to bring, though I do have a gun


So heading to one of the stations as opposed to SHIELD, yes? Will post a real gameplay post later in that case.


Plant Creature Brawler/Sorcerer 4 | HP: 48/48; Fast Heal 3 | AC 19/19; | Fort:+9; Ref:+7; Will:+6 | Resist: Cold 5, Acid 5 | Vulnerable: Fire | Immune: Mind-Effecting, Paralysis, Poison, Polymorph, Sleep, Stun | Low-Light Vision; Perc.+9; Init +2

Spore doesn't LOVE the idea, but he's in. Let's go.

Dark Archive

F Sylph Rogue/Magus/Witch | HP: 27 | KAC:20* | EAC:19 | F:4 R:8 W:7 | CMD: 18 | Init: 4 | Per: 15* | Speed: 35' | Darkvision: 60' | Fame: 3 | Arcane Pool: 6 | Magus Spells: | 1st: 5 | Witch Spells: | 1st: 8 | 2nd: 4 |
The Spore wrote:
Spore doesn't LOVE the idea, but he's in. Let's go.


Male Human aka Ebon - Human, Monk/Magus 4 | hp44 | F+7 R+7 W+9 | AC K 20 E 19 | Init +6 | Perc +11

Akio Is going along with it, it might be better, in the long run, to also show shield the doctor is willing to help.


The group grab their gear while Sterne pulls on the slight bullet proof vest, slim-fitting enough so that he can wear a suit over the top of it and easily walk down the street without drawing attention to himself.

He then moves to one of the bedrooms in the apartment and pulls on the frame of a painting, an abstract print of squares and lines. Behind it is a an electronic safe. He types in a code and pulls the heavy steel door open to reveal some stacks of paperwork and, most importantly, a well-cleaned pistol.

He retrieves it as well as some spare ammunition, his concealed carry permit (just in case) and slips it into a holster beneath his jacket.

.........

Still unsure of the doctor, but recognising that his input may have put them on the trail of the Punisher, the group make their way across the city.


Taking the map form the office, overlaid with several abandoned prohibition tunnels and closed subway stations, and start exploring.

What follows is an incredibly frustrating day. Hot and dry and noisy, the city is unforgiving on day's like today. It is the kind of weather to make tempers both short and frayed.

You walk for hours throughout the day, making your way from one prohibition tunnel to the next and finding that actually all of them are closed off and no longer run much distance beyond joining one building to another. Some are even tourist attractions in their own right, though minor in comparison to Lady Liberty.

The highlight of the day is seeing a three-car fender-bender near Gramercy Park. You come across the aftermath but no one seems hurt at least. But one man climbs out of his car and begins squaring up to another man involved in the accident, an elderly and intimidated man in a tweed jacket and glasses that almost fall off the end of his nose when the bully shoves him, shouting about why he stopped in the middle of the road.

It looks as though things might turn violent but then a red streak whips across the scene. You don't see him clearly, but you hear;

Hey, big mouth! Why don'tcha leave the old man catch his breath. If you gotta complaint, tell the NYPD, here they come now!

There is a strange THWIPP!! noise and suddenly the bully's mouth is plastered with thick webbing and he stumbles back against the hood of his vehicle while the streak swings incredibly high and then disappears around the corner of another high-rise with a high-pitched WHOO-HOO! and a chorus of cheers as passers by stop and laugh and applaud.

But as for your own mission, it is fruitless, at least for today. Consulting the map, it looks as though there are three abandoned stations that might be worth investigating, though they are likely only accessible via current, in use platforms.


Assuming you want to investigate these platforms. When do you want to go, in daytime when the platform is open or at night when the stations are closed?


Male Human Mesmerist - Bard INIT +1, PPT+8, FORT +4, REF +6, WILL +13, CMB+3, CMD +14, BA +3,AC 16, EAC 15, T 11, FF 15 HP 35

The fruitless search through the hot New York day had drained him, tired and swealtering beneath his concealed bullet proof vest Sterne couldn't help but feel his first day as a superhero was not going well .
Tossing his suit jacket onto a bus stop bench he sits and drinks deeply from the Starbucks cup he held, the ice tea inside was cool and refreshing.
As the sounds of screeching tyres and the unmistakeable crunch of metal hitting metal comes to them he grabs up his jacket and races after the others.
Rounding the corner they come across the collision and are just in time to see the Web slinger dealing with the situation in his own unique way.

only in New York City Sterne says in wonder as the Spider man breezes through. Moving across the street he weaves between the lanes of traffic and helps the elderly man back into his car
take it easy Friend, the police are on their way. They'll sort this mess out in no time he says confidently, reassuring him you feeling ok? You hurting anywhere? he asks the old man as he looks him over to make sure he isn't injured.
As the police turn up and take over Sterne makes his way back to the group as they once more pour over their maps
this has been a pretty s#$%ty day so far , what next? We have a few more stations to check out but they will be busy with commuters and tourists. Maybe we should come back tonight, after the stations are closed? he says taking another long drink


Male Human aka Ebon - Human, Monk/Magus 4 | hp44 | F+7 R+7 W+9 | AC K 20 E 19 | Init +6 | Perc +11

Although the day is almost unbearably hot Akio has an iron resolve, walking around in his sweats.

He dashes out into the street watching Spiderman swing away. Impressed at the hero's skill not seeing it first hand before. Moving to help the old man he makes down the angry man keeps his distance then moving over to the rest of the group as Sterne begins to talk. "At night might give us a chance to investigate a little more. Maybe we could hide out in one and wait for it to close?"

I assume we want to go when they're closed?


Everyone agreed to go at night?


aka Midnight - F Alien Kineticist/Paladin 3; hp 40; AC 20, T 13, FF 17, BAC 16; F +10|R +9|W +6; Init +3, Perception +6 Darkvision 60 ft
skills:
Diplomacy +7, Fly +9, Knowledge (meta) +6, Perception +6, Sense Motive +4
Max. burn 7, Fame: 4

Despite the oppressive heat, Midnight's alien control of the air keeps the breeze at least moving past the team so they are spared the oppressive, stagnant heat of the summer.

After a fruitless hunt she sighs and heads to a store to grab bottled water from a fridge for everyone. As the team seeks shade to discuss the next step she nods at Akio.

Night would be best, less bystanders in harm's way and less attention from any other potentially interested parties

She shakes her head and uses one hand to comb back some errant strands of hair.

We should get something to eat whilst we wait for Sol to set and before we head on, tired and hungry is no way to start a mission...

Dark Archive

F Sylph Rogue/Magus/Witch | HP: 27 | KAC:20* | EAC:19 | F:4 R:8 W:7 | CMD: 18 | Init: 4 | Per: 15* | Speed: 35' | Darkvision: 60' | Fame: 3 | Arcane Pool: 6 | Magus Spells: | 1st: 5 | Witch Spells: | 1st: 8 | 2nd: 4 |

Trystt nods, willing to go along with the plan. She is distracted by her thoughts, wondering if she has sent the group on a fool's errand. She stares wistfully as Spiderman disappears, swinging through the heights of New York. Wordlessly, she enters a nearby mini-market, coming out moments later with a brown-colored Slurpee-type frozen drink and a couple packs of playing cards that she tucks into hidden pockets.


aka Napalm, Mutant (half-orc) Alchemist/Rogue (hp 29/29; F+7, R+10*, W+6* | KAC 18/14/14; EAC 17/14/13 | Init +4 | Perception +8*, Sense Motive +7)
Dex Mutagen:
F+7, R+12*, W+5* | KAC 20/14/16; EAC 19/14/15 | Init +6 | Perception +7*, SM +6

"Fine, night time works for me too. Ought to make for less of a scene if something happens." He pulls back the hood of his jacket for a moment's respite as he drinks the water Midnight offers.

He glances up at the buildings, wondering what Spiderman might be able to see from the higher vantage points. Not that height would help them on their current task. But maybe sticking to walls would...


The group returns to the station later that night. While the streets aren't necessarily quieter, with traffic streaking past, the sidewalks are quieter with only the occasional passer by making their way to or from a night shift or out with friends.

The station doors are closed at this time, covered by a padlocked heavy steel gate.

A pair of down-and-outs have made the top of the steps leading to the doors their room for the night, the overhanging entryway providing some measure of protection though the night is still warm.

Hey. one of them calls, looking up at you through a half-closed eye. You alien guys carry spare change?


aka Napalm, Mutant (half-orc) Alchemist/Rogue (hp 29/29; F+7, R+10*, W+6* | KAC 18/14/14; EAC 17/14/13 | Init +4 | Perception +8*, Sense Motive +7)
Dex Mutagen:
F+7, R+12*, W+5* | KAC 20/14/16; EAC 19/14/15 | Init +6 | Perception +7*, SM +6

Napalm looks down at the two men and grunts. He grimaces at the man's smell. "Depends on if you can tell us anything. Ever see anyone coming or going in the middle of the night? Or just see anything odd here ever?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

Napalm is not your diplomacy guy.


Male Human Mesmerist - Bard INIT +1, PPT+8, FORT +4, REF +6, WILL +13, CMB+3, CMD +14, BA +3,AC 16, EAC 15, T 11, FF 15 HP 35

Stepping beside Napalm Sterne reaches into his pocket and pulls out his bill fold.
Plucking out a twenty dollar bill he shows it to the two homeless men and attempts to smooth over Napalms direct line of questioning

we can pay well for useful information, have you seen anything unusual? he asks as he holds the bill between his fingers

diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24


Plant Creature Brawler/Sorcerer 4 | HP: 48/48; Fast Heal 3 | AC 19/19; | Fort:+9; Ref:+7; Will:+6 | Resist: Cold 5, Acid 5 | Vulnerable: Fire | Immune: Mind-Effecting, Paralysis, Poison, Polymorph, Sleep, Stun | Low-Light Vision; Perc.+9; Init +2

Spore looks on in interest, smiling even as he exhales a puff of small fungi that floats in the air, giving off a comforting light.


Dr William Sterne wrote:

Stepping beside Napalm Sterne reaches into his pocket and pulls out his bill fold.

Plucking out a twenty dollar bill he shows it to the two homeless men and attempts to smooth over Napalms direct line of questioning

we can pay well for useful information, have you seen anything unusual? he asks as he holds the bill between his fingers

[dice=diplomacy]1d20+11

More unusual than a chick with purple skin? he asks reaching up for the twenty but casting a glance at Midnight.


Male Human Mesmerist - Bard INIT +1, PPT+8, FORT +4, REF +6, WILL +13, CMB+3, CMD +14, BA +3,AC 16, EAC 15, T 11, FF 15 HP 35

Holding the money back Sterne says

point taken. Listen we are looking for a man, ex military type. He Would be a regular around here probably carrying a large bag of some sort.
You see anyone like that around here?


Male Human Mesmerist - Bard INIT +1, PPT+8, FORT +4, REF +6, WILL +13, CMB+3, CMD +14, BA +3,AC 16, EAC 15, T 11, FF 15 HP 35

As he waits for the down and outs to come up with some information Sterne begins to open his mind, after all this is why he was here to use his powers to help.
His gifts could at times be overwhelming but he had learned to control them.
Absently handing over the note his eyes take on a glassy look and as he turns away from them he can no longer see at all and the voices of those around him fade away.
His mind is assaulted with hundreds of visions of the station and its immediate vicinity, a kaleidoscopic collage of events From the recent past flashes before his eyes and he tries to sift through it, to find something of use.

casting ears of the city, duration 4 rounds. Each round I can make a diplomacy check as if using gather information to "talk" to the locals

perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12

perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24

perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31

perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Search : 1d4 ⇒ 1

search: 1d4 ⇒ 3

search: 1d4 ⇒ 2

search: 1d4 ⇒ 4


Male Human aka Ebon - Human, Monk/Magus 4 | hp44 | F+7 R+7 W+9 | AC K 20 E 19 | Init +6 | Perc +11

Ebon stands at the back, keeping an eye on the street as the others speak to some of the locals.

Percpetion: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15


The down-and-out looks at the well dressed doctor suspiciously.

I see lotsa people like that. It's New York.

But Sterne isn't listening, at least not fully.

The montage of images stream through Sterne's subconscious. He remembers the first time this had happened to him - quite unbidden - and how it made him feel simultaneously afraid and sick to his stomach.

But that was years ago and he had honed his mind to a sharp point since then.

Hundreds, maybe thousands of faces and snatches of conversation flash through his mind at once. He filters through them in seconds, discarding anything superfluous and just concentrating on the image of that haunted, determined man.

And then he has something. Not a face, not even a name. But an image of a couple walking along the sidewalk, approaching the station after a night out on the town. They are intoxicated and the images are like moonlight on water. But what he sees are them approaching the station, not realising it is closed for the night, and instead seeing a man, large and imposing exiting the station and pulling closed a heavy steel collapsing gate across the doors and then locking a heavy padlock as he does so.

The young couple protest that they missed the train but the man doesn't turn to look at them, he just says;

Don't walk home, take a cab. and then strides into the night.


Male Human Mesmerist - Bard INIT +1, PPT+8, FORT +4, REF +6, WILL +13, CMB+3, CMD +14, BA +3,AC 16, EAC 15, T 11, FF 15 HP 35

Snapping back to the present he rubs at his eyes as the last images dissipate from his mind and the sights and sounds of the present flood back.
Motioning the others they move away from the two down and outs and Sterne says quietly

a young couple saw something....a well built man was locking up the gates. They thought the subway was still open he told them not to walk, he told them to take a cab . I can’t tell if it is him, he kept his back to them, and they were quite drunk so things were a little distorted he says as he tries to identify the punishers voice but it was impossible to be sure
it could be him


Plant Creature Brawler/Sorcerer 4 | HP: 48/48; Fast Heal 3 | AC 19/19; | Fort:+9; Ref:+7; Will:+6 | Resist: Cold 5, Acid 5 | Vulnerable: Fire | Immune: Mind-Effecting, Paralysis, Poison, Polymorph, Sleep, Stun | Low-Light Vision; Perc.+9; Init +2

Mysticism: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
Spore looks on with interest as Sterne's eyes glaze over.

Dark Archive

F Sylph Rogue/Magus/Witch | HP: 27 | KAC:20* | EAC:19 | F:4 R:8 W:7 | CMD: 18 | Init: 4 | Per: 15* | Speed: 35' | Darkvision: 60' | Fame: 3 | Arcane Pool: 6 | Magus Spells: | 1st: 5 | Witch Spells: | 1st: 8 | 2nd: 4 |

"Maybe we are on the right track, after all." Trystt flippantly grabs the twenty dollar bill that was previously offered as she walks back to the gate. Handing it to the homeless man, she says, "Thank you, I hope this helps." Then she begins work on the padlock after making sure there are no surprises.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Per: Traps: 1d20 + 15 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 15 + 1 = 20
Engineering(Trap): 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17
Engineering(Padlock)(Take 10): 10 + 15 = 25


Male Human Mesmerist - Bard INIT +1, PPT+8, FORT +4, REF +6, WILL +13, CMB+3, CMD +14, BA +3,AC 16, EAC 15, T 11, FF 15 HP 35

maybe we are Sterne says as he shakes off the last effects of the psychic barrage he subjected himself to that being said I do not want to go in there unprepared, if you all would allow me I would like to create a psychic link with you all...well almost all of you he says looking at Spore Think of it as a kind of psychic tether, a link that will allow me to use my powers to help you. It is quite harmless I assure you he says with a reassuring smile as he sees their looks of apprehension.

if everyone agrees I can implant a “trick” into myself and all of you, except spore who is immune be to mind effecting.
I will be implanting vanish arrow

Moving to each of the group in turn he gently places his fingers on their temples of each individual and focuses his mind, reaching out through the physical connection to create a much stronger mental one, within moments it is done and he can now “feel” the group all around him .


Male Human aka Ebon - Human, Monk/Magus 4 | hp44 | F+7 R+7 W+9 | AC K 20 E 19 | Init +6 | Perc +11

Ebon feels uneasy about the idea of the doctor messing with his mind. But he has seen people with his gift before mystics of his order, he steps forward and shows his trust. "If it will help, I'll take it." He feels something inside, maybe because he knew it was happening but he nods after it is done and steps aside.

"We go in now, we move slow and quiet checking for traps and anything that could alert him we're here. I don't think he's one for uninvited guests."


The steel gate is old and rusted in places, but the heavy padlock is new and well-maintained.

Trystt tries to disable it but frowns when it proves to be a lot trickier than she expected. She is forced to give it her full attention and after several loooooong minutes filled with small but expressive profanity, the lock clicks and the gate slides aside.

The doors beyond the gate are also locked but she makes much shorter work of those.

The doors open into a wide concourse that is mostly empty save for a couple of trashcans, an ATM, a couple of phonebooths, ticket booth and a set of wide steps leading down into the subway.


aka Napalm, Mutant (half-orc) Alchemist/Rogue (hp 29/29; F+7, R+10*, W+6* | KAC 18/14/14; EAC 17/14/13 | Init +4 | Perception +8*, Sense Motive +7)
Dex Mutagen:
F+7, R+12*, W+5* | KAC 20/14/16; EAC 19/14/15 | Init +6 | Perception +7*, SM +6

"Nicely done, Trystt." Napalm moves quickly into the concourse, trying to keep his profile low. He scans the area, looking for traps. With the Punisher's military experience, it seemed likely that he would leave something to deter or alert him to intruders.

Perception (traps): 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 8 + 1 = 15


Keep in mind this is an active subway station - just not a 24 hour line.

There will be security, CCTV and so on - possibly alarms too.


Male Human Mesmerist - Bard INIT +1, PPT+8, FORT +4, REF +6, WILL +13, CMB+3, CMD +14, BA +3,AC 16, EAC 15, T 11, FF 15 HP 35

I will await a decision from Jz regarding the use of my tricks, but before we enter this place Sterne is going to disguise himself - casting wizened appearance

Sterne watches Trysst pick the lock to the subway station and as they prepare to enter he hesitates
this is far from legal, breaking and entering,trespassing, these are serious crimes. I’m not sure how much immunity your SHIELD affiliation grants you but I’d rather not find myself in front of a judge. he says and focusing his mind he begins to manipulate his own body on a cellular level. in a matter of moments he begins to change, his dark lustrous hair becomes dry and fades into a steely grey colour, his skin begins to sag and wrinkle, liver spots appearing at his temples as he grows older and older .
The skin on his hands becomes thin as the flesh seems to shrink from his bones. By the time he has finished he has aged approximately forty years and outwardly he appeared to be at least seventy years old.
that should suffice he says with a grin as he follows the others inside.


Male Human aka Ebon - Human, Monk/Magus 4 | hp44 | F+7 R+7 W+9 | AC K 20 E 19 | Init +6 | Perc +11

Getting in now has that triggered anything we can tell? I assume punisher knows how to slip in without triggering anything.

Ebon pulls up his hood as the group begins to make their way in. "I suppose your right, let's just do this quick. If we can get into the old tunnels it won't matter."

He moves in behind Napalm as he checks for traps.

Percpetion: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23


Akio Tashi wrote:

Getting in now has that triggered anything we can tell? I assume punisher knows how to slip in without triggering anything.

He might

I'm going to work on a map today to see if I can make this easier/more interesting.

In this concourse you can see two CCTV cameras. One pointing down the stairs and one pointing toward the ATMs. You would be out of shot of both at the moment.


Updated map

The cones show the direction the cameras are pointing

2,151 to 2,200 of 2,234 << first < prev | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dawn of Legends (A PF Superhero Saga) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.