Darkwing_DM's Heroes of Damara

Game Master DarkWingD

PbP featuring many classic DnD elements out of the Aber-Toril. Save the kingdom, rescue the Girl, fights in taverns. that will be set up as a choose your own adventure/video game with free roaming unlocking quests from people you meet.

Damara


1 to 50 of 568 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

The citizen's of Knob's Mine are gathering after the Noble's announcement from the Barron, several people around town are glancing at each other looking to see if anyone will speak up. Mothers clutch at children as if this will be the last time they hold their loved ones. Some of the men clench their fist as if they want to say something; anything to make this man go away. The Old Mayor of town, Chancy the Elder. Tries to calm people down as soldiers go to house to house looking for people to gather. An hour passes while they check other homes outside of town and ask others if anyone is missing. Several soldiers with Halberds in chain shirts move among the crowd. The noble looks among the men and women choosing those after a short dwarven male with a long white beard inspects each one and nods. The nod is like a death sentance as once they are chosen to wails of fathers and mothers they are seperated and moved to one side of the field. So far there has not been any issues but clearly the soldier's look like they will make short work of any uprising. To the side the PC's recognize two people from town a young pretty Blonde haired woman by the name of Gweenth, and a short older man with wings of white in his hair by the name of Brock have already been chosen from the town. All during this time the Noble appears to fiddle at his reigns of his Large Stallion seemingly oblivious to the cries and shouts of the others. A total of six guards are next to the PC's. Not counting the noble and the Dwarf. The Dwarf continues his circuit around the townsfolk looking at different people and asking questions.

you can do knowledge local checks on specific people, Perception, Sense motive, etc if you feel like learning more, or simply talk amongst yourselves. only one check at a time please during this time.


Male Human 1st lvl Oracle (Seer)-

The Dwarf walks up to another person in line, grabbing your arm, and reaching up to your face pulling it down to where you need to look at him. Taking his other hand he then opens your mouth and checks your teeth and tongue .You imagine you can practically spit out the taste of oil and rock on his dirty hands. As he finishes carefully examining your teeth. "What might your name be?" he says in a stark dwarven accent.

basically the first person that posts will be the one he is talking to. everyone else consider yourselves in the middle of the "Green" (gathering place) you can take any checks mentioned above, talk to others gathered around to get to know each other (other PC's, family members), or try to pass secret messages if you wish. Your loved ones are nearby according to your histories. however no more than one check or action per "turn" currently give people time to respond or me depending on what you ask. (basically wait for a response before trying mutiple things.) to everyone else Don't worry your time with the dwarf is coming!

The world of Forgotten realms in open to explore!!


Male Human Bard 2 | HP 17/17 | Fort +2 Ref +6 Will +3 | AC 17 | perception +5 | Int +1 | Init +3 | Bardic knowledge +1

Fin pull back trying to avoid the dwarf and resisting his rough manhandling but is still pulled down forced into opening his mouth.
What are you doing?! You can't ...

You can see that he was surprised by the dwarf strength.


M Half-orc Warpriest 2 | HP: 16/16 | AC: 20, T: 14, FF: 16 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will: +7 | Perception: +2 | Init: +4 |

Virid tenses up as he realizes that the soldiers are planning on leaving with more than just a few villagers. To the side, he can see his mother and father arguing.
No. Not arguing. She just wants to fight someone, and the only person here that she can safely do so with is father.
Virid feels a hand on his shoulder from behind, but doesn’t turn around from the spectacle in front of him; he’d recognize his grandfather’s reassuring presence anywhere.
I suppose you’re going to tell me that goblin raids are everyone’s problem. That it’s a destruction of lives, the most beautiful things there are.
He felt the hand tighten and saw his grandfather give a terse smile. He didn’t need to say it. They both knew. It was highly unlikely that their whole family would be returning to their cozy home tonight.


female Human Druid (Menhir Savant) 2 | HP 17/17 | Fort +5 ,Ref +2, will +7 | Perception +9 | Ini +2

The young ulfen woman with the bear cub by her side smiles.
"Tell him your name Finn. Just for once do what someone tells you!"


Ursine 2 | HP 18/18 Fort +3, Ref +3, will +1 | Perception +5 | Ini +1

The little cup seems to smile and licks his, astonishing big teeth.


Ranger 2 | HP 21/21 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +1 | Perception +6 (Darkvision 60') | Init +5

Morgabir stands alongside the others, casting glances up and down their row and attempting to take the measure of his fellow conscripts. Seeing the dwarf manhandle everyone, he sets his back and tries to look inconspicuous, at least as far as he could.

Topping 6'6" tall, with a muscular frame and dark gray-green skin, Mor stands out to say the least. He keeps his mouth shut, but studies the dwarf as he goes up and down the line, trying to size the man up.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14 Perception


Male Human Bard 2 | HP 17/17 | Fort +2 Ref +6 Will +3 | AC 17 | perception +5 | Int +1 | Init +3 | Bardic knowledge +1

Finn look in Freya direction with a frown.
"Finn Fitzroy."
Finn look the dwarf trying to guess if he could persuade him to let him go.
Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 19

Maybe I can fake to be lame? Nah, someone will expose me. Inevitable, I guess.

"There is some form of pay or a recruitment bonus? I have a family, I need to help them."

He look Dáirine crying in a corner and Deirdre observing the whole process with a frown.


@mor- you see that the dwarf is wearing chain shirt and carries a axe on his back, where he is old you can see that he has not let his age deter his physique.

As the dwarf about to reply to Finn’s question the noble speaks up “ I’m sorry , I didn’t know that there was a need to explain ourselves beyond what was already given. the dwarf sigh’s as the noble continues his tirade “yes peasant, you will be fed and given a small stipend to assist us in this endeavor. Which you can send back if you wish while I put a end to this menace. Along with some of the spoils. You will serve your family best by helping to keep them safe. with that the noble quites down . The dwarf then nods for you to go join the others off to the slide , you hear the dwarf say quietly say “ Lad , keep you head down” before moving on. Now that’s much better the dwarf says as he goes to Mors character.


Ranger 2 | HP 21/21 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +1 | Perception +6 (Darkvision 60') | Init +5

Morgabir looks at the dwarf and nods to him. He brings his hands out to the side, indicating his carrying of a pick, sling, and knife.

Quietly, he says, "I'm Morgabir Swift-Feather. Any chance we'll be armed with real weapons?"


M Half-orc Warpriest 2 | HP: 16/16 | AC: 20, T: 14, FF: 16 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will: +7 | Perception: +2 | Init: +4 |

Virid winced upon hearing the noble’s rant. Raids were a problem, of course, but this man didn’t seem to care if the methods justified the ends. The man’s voice dripped with condescension, and Virid wondered if he was even competent to lead such a party. Was he being short because he truly knew best, or simply because he was arrogant and spoiled?
sense motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20


Male Human Cavalier 2 | hp 21/21 | AC 18, T 13, FF 15 | Fort 5, Ref 3, Will 0 | Per 2, Init 3 | rapier 7 (1d6/18-20)

Back straight. Stand tall. Face stern, Daren inwardly chants, uses the most of his knowledge to try and look as noble as possible. Daren knew it was best to make a good impression if he really wanted to get out of here. Daren kept his hand on the hilt of his rapier as he waited, hoping the presence of one of the few weapons in the village might help as well.

Knowledge (Nobility): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19 to appear a cut above the commoner status in posture, etc.

This is the day I finally prove myself.


Male Human 1st lvl Oracle (Seer)-

"Son, if you knew how to use a weapon you wouldn't be a farmer. the dwarf replies to Mor. grabbing his arm he asks, "Flex for me, you get that hacking weeds all day or work in the mines?" motioning to the Pick, as he walks around and looks up.


@virid- he appears to know his way around a weapon and a horse, weather or not he is spoiled or knows what it best you cannot tell.

The noble appears to immediately notice Daren as he tries to make himself stand out, coming up to him the noble glances at his weapon, You know how to use that farmboy?" holding out his hand.


Witch 2 | HP 9/9 | Fort +1 Ref +2 Will +4 | AC12 T12 FF10 | Percep +1 | Init +3

Oalin, intimidated by the Baron’s men, is manhandled into line with the other, “of-age,” youths. He listens as the proclamation is read, and searching his memory, cannot recall if this pressing into service has ever happened before at Knob’s Mine.

”But I don’t know how to fight goblins, he weakly protests with a whisper to himself. A cold shiver runs through Oalin’s small frame.

As the dwarf progresses through his examination of the line, Oalin squeezes his eyes shut, lips quivering a little as he can hear the dwarf getting closer, ”Don’t pick me, don’t pick me, dontpickme, dontpickmedontpickmedontpickme..” he whispers and prays over and over.

The rough grabbing and forcing open of his mouth is startling, despite seeing it happen to others in line, Oalin’s eyes go wide at the shock as the dwarfs dampened fingers (from all the previous mouths) spread Oalin’s cheeks to look at his molars.

“O-Oalin, sir… Oalin Donkas.” he shakily replies to the dwarfs inquiry, as Thing peeps out of a pocket to see what is going on.


Ranger 2 | HP 21/21 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +1 | Perception +6 (Darkvision 60') | Init +5

Morgabir makes a muscle with his bicep, easily holding the pick at a ready state.

Still speaking quietly, he tells the dwarf, "Hunting, working the land, and tracking in the forest. I can use this to kill if needed, but prefer to stay at range. I left my family's bow back with my grandfather, and only brought my sling. I suppose I can wait, so long as we keep to the shadows and get the upper hand in an ambush."


Male Human Cavalier 2 | hp 21/21 | AC 18, T 13, FF 15 | Fort 5, Ref 3, Will 0 | Per 2, Init 3 | rapier 7 (1d6/18-20)

"Yes, sir," Daren replies, cheek twitching at the word 'farmboy'. Pulling out the blade, Daren presents the blade on both hands with a slight bow of his head. "I have been training with it since I was a boy, as with all the ways of a proper gentlemen, unlike this lot. I am Daren Del'Him."

Knowledge (Nobility): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 for general information on this noble...which is probably nothing.


Male Human 1st lvl Oracle (Seer)-

@Mor-
ahhhh, a fighter then, good lad. Go join the rest." he nods over to the side where Gweenth, Brock are at. Hey you. there. Finn right! I said get over there soldier! the dwarf yells at Finn and leaves Mor.

@Oalin-
The dwarf stops at Oalin mumbling to himself. "You ok lad?" then starts his examination.


Witch 2 | HP 9/9 | Fort +1 Ref +2 Will +4 | AC12 T12 FF10 | Percep +1 | Init +3

”Umm, I don’t know how to fight, sir dwarf, I can barely hunt, really. Now if there was a sickness, I can help there,” Oalin was getting a little carried away with himself, I use plants to heal and such, so you see - I would not be good at fighting goblins AT ALL.”


Male Human 1st lvl Oracle (Seer)-

@Oalin-
Aghhhh, well good you can never get enough healers, um what god you worship? the dwarf waits expectantly.


Witch 2 | HP 9/9 | Fort +1 Ref +2 Will +4 | AC12 T12 FF10 | Percep +1 | Init +3

"Umm. Uhhh. Like I said, sir dwarf, I use plants, not the gods,"

Oalin is feeling mighty nervous at this point, not knowing what to say that will not reveal secrets, and wondering how much the dwarf can see through to the family "curse." Oalin is hiding something, and has no experience to try to Bluff.


Ranger 2 | HP 21/21 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +1 | Perception +6 (Darkvision 60') | Init +5

Morgabir nods and moves to the side as directed.

He stands there quietly and awaits further details.


Witch 2 | HP 9/9 | Fort +1 Ref +2 Will +4 | AC12 T12 FF10 | Percep +1 | Init +3

Oalin thinks back at his inadvertent healing of Eleria. It’s been two days and nights and nothing has happened, no turning into a monster.

Maybe... maybe if he just restricts to only using the power to heal and help others, that would not be so bad? The dwarf said the recruits could use a healer, too. Oalin could be… needed. Valued. That would be new.

Oalin suddenly straightens up, ”Sir dwarf, I am ready to help.”


Male Human 1st lvl Oracle (Seer)-

"Ok, so your not one of them, tree huggers....." as he looks over to the side towards the woman and the small bear. "Great, get on over there you look healthy enough." leaving Oalin and walking over to the young woman (freja). "What about you miss? Ummmmm you own that thing? "


female Human Druid (Menhir Savant) 2 | HP 17/17 | Fort +5 ,Ref +2, will +7 | Perception +9 | Ini +2

Bjorn is medium. He is just a small grizzley
Freja smiles down at the dwarf."Well my name is Freya, and the little fella here is Bjorn. We are very good friends and he looks after me.
Protects me. But yes I can heal, I can use a sling, and I know about those lands."


M Half-orc Warpriest 2 | HP: 16/16 | AC: 20, T: 14, FF: 16 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will: +7 | Perception: +2 | Init: +4 |

Virid grimaced at Daren’s eagerness to please the noble. He got the impression that the baron’s man knew how to fight, maybe even to lead, but that didn’t mean he had the village’s best interests at heart. Gazing at the assembled conscripts and making a quick count, Virid felt a flicker of hope.

They’ve already picked more than half-a-dozen. They can’t mean to take more than that. Not from a town as small as Knob’s Mine. We might just get out of this alright after all!

Unfortunately, his grandfather, Zalus, had always had more than a knack for reading people. He leaned in by Vir’s ear and whispered, “They have the man-power, but the whole lot of them doesn’t have a lick of extra sense to pass around.” He amended, “Well, the girl seems to have a good head on her shoulders. Still, they could use someone of faith, and you’re not more than half-daft for your age.” He prodded Virid forward. “I’ll take care of your parents. Just try and write, eh?”

Virid sighed and stepped forward. Normally he would stoop slightly to try and blend in better, but he wasn’t even turning heads for once, not with the massive hunter who had already joined the ranks standing about. Virid managed to keep from actually mumbling.

Virid Dillest. Worshipper of Sune. I can swing most anything, if these goblins are truly our enemies.


Male Human Bard 2 | HP 17/17 | Fort +2 Ref +6 Will +3 | AC 17 | perception +5 | Int +1 | Init +3 | Bardic knowledge +1

Finn get in line with the other recruits.
"They want healers. I should speak with that dwarf when the noble is not around, maybe I can get a job in the rear."

Finn look Oalin, trying to recall what he can do. "If we have more than a few wounded we will need people that can cure without using magic.Maybe I can get him to teach that to me?"

Trying to recall Oalin abilities:
Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


“Good , good, miss go over there and stand with the rest of the recruits , please keep a eye on your beast . Your responsible for him. “ the dwarf starts looking around for any more “volunteers” when Virid steps up and announces himself ”glad to see at least someone in this group is willing to show some backbone , good lad. when you hear a Noooo!!! From the townsfolk and Virids father Aron also steps forward . I won’t let you take my son.... the orc steps forward menacingly brandishing a scythe .

@Finn - you know that Oalin keeps to himself and has no friends in town


M Half-orc Warpriest 2 | HP: 16/16 | AC: 20, T: 14, FF: 16 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will: +7 | Perception: +2 | Init: +4 |

By the flaming locks, what is he thinking?!
Virid panicked, looking around for his grandfather. It was unlikely that any of the town’s residents would step in and try speaking sense to Aron.
Fa...father! Everything will be fine! Sune will protect me, like I must protect others. It will be fine!
He tried to cautiously slip through the crowd toward his father.
Just a moment of clearheadedness is all we need. Why does he have to pick now, of all times, to appear so frightful?
Virid glanced toward the noble, hoping he would let things be settled internally.


Male Human Cavalier 2 | hp 21/21 | AC 18, T 13, FF 15 | Fort 5, Ref 3, Will 0 | Per 2, Init 3 | rapier 7 (1d6/18-20)

Daren frowns as he sees the locals starting to make a scene again. Why can't they just act normal for once. Even as just normal peasants. I am so ready to get out of here.


@Daren- the noble takes Daren's weapon and swings it right to left testing its balance. "Seems in good condition. Tell me; you ever kill anyone with it Master Del'Helm?" he says with a smile as he hands back the Rapier.

@Daren- you know this is the barons eldest son Markam.

@everyone- Moments later when the Orc steps forward, the noble's Horse rears up but he manages to keep control of the Horse. "Sir ! drop your weapon !" he says to the Orc. the orc looks around with snarl. No one will take my son from me...... the Other guards look around waiting to see what will happen.

Noble diplomacy check-
dip check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

The noble shouts out "Everyone stand Down! NOW!" and tells his men to back away while virid calms his father down. Within a few moments, the croud settles down and you see others crying. " I think we have taken enough from this Town Master Coaldriver, come lets get bakc to camp. Master Del'Helm join the others. and with that the noble starts riding out of town. The guards wait with the others shortly following. The dwarf yells out " You can say your goodbyes afore we leave, then catch up. "

you see Brock going to say something to his wife and young son. before gabbing a bag and leaving with the group.

you see Gweenth say goodbye to her Sweetheart before grabbing a bag also before leaving holding her dress close.

everyone roll a a single d6 before leaving.


Ranger 2 | HP 21/21 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +1 | Perception +6 (Darkvision 60') | Init +5

1d6 ⇒ 5


M Half-orc Warpriest 2 | HP: 16/16 | AC: 20, T: 14, FF: 16 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will: +7 | Perception: +2 | Init: +4 |

Virid finally manages to calm his father down completely, although he has to struggle to keep tears from filling his eyes. Aron shows no such reservations and twin streams already flow liberally down his ugly cheeks.
It will be alright, father. Grandfather was right. They need me. But I’ll be back, and the stories I’ll have to tell you three...I’ll be back.
Aron roughly pulls Virid in close and plants a kiss on his head, which Virid hopes no one else noticed. The beginning of a trip is hardly the time to be singled out as the sentimental one, and he certainly didn’t want to hear any comments about his protective and occasionally over-emotional parents. He ran to catch up with the already departing group.

something: 1d6 ⇒ 6


Male Human Bard 2 | HP 17/17 | Fort +2 Ref +6 Will +3 | AC 17 | perception +5 | Int +1 | Init +3 | Bardic knowledge +1

"Mister Dilest, there is no need for violence. Listen to your son!"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

No, dammit! If you start a fight here mother or my sisters could get hurt.

Finn get ready to cast hideous laughter on Mr. Dilest if it start to attack.

Fin sigh after seeing how Virid was able to calm his father.
"Good."

1d6 ⇒ 1


@Mor- You see your grandfather and mother about to come say goodbye to you before you leave but Esther your grandmother stops them. You can see her saying "You don't want to distract him from his job. He need to learn to be independent sometime. Well go on....." she says as she takes them away and shoos you with her hands.

@virid- everyone in your family comes up to say thier goodbyes. (I assume a Sune worshipping family will be very loving, lol) finally your adopted grandfather comes forward and gives you a hug. holding up 3 vials he says, "here, take these". two of a dark blue liquid and one purple. the two blue ones will heal up wounds, and the Purple one will keep evil away. Be safe and let sune be with you always. he then touches his heart with his right hand then places it on your before turning away.


Witch 2 | HP 9/9 | Fort +1 Ref +2 Will +4 | AC12 T12 FF10 | Percep +1 | Init +3

Oalin looks over and sees his stoic and serious father, Ben, nod his way. Oalin never felt "close" to his father; Ben experienced difficulty expressing emotion. His mother, Yula, soothed a crying Nan.

He thinks to himself, I guess this is it. A couple of these blokes at least look like they've used weapons. Stick close to the strong ones and be helpful.

1d6 ⇒ 2


@finn- Finn gets almost buried by Siobhán as she runs forward and Says in a emotional "Don't leave me Finn-Roy, I canna be left alone...." tears glint in her and your sisters eyes as they try to pull her back as she Wails."No!, No!... I'll go... your brother-law the woodcutter comes up and tries to carry your little sister away as she collapse in pain, and nods in your direction.

@Oalin - Ben tosses you a bag at your feet. before saying "Here, you might need this." when you look inside you see extra foodstuffs and a wineskin. (10 trail rations, wineskin) he looks once at you before leaving the green.


Ranger 2 | HP 21/21 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +1 | Perception +6 (Darkvision 60') | Init +5

Morgabir looks towards his mother and grandparents, then nods slowly. He mouths the words "I love you," towards his mom before turning back to stand in line.

Holding his pick with a white knuckled geip, he squares his shoulders and tries to prepare himself for the journey ahead.


Male Human Cavalier 2 | hp 21/21 | AC 18, T 13, FF 15 | Fort 5, Ref 3, Will 0 | Per 2, Init 3 | rapier 7 (1d6/18-20)

Daren straightens as he sheathes his rapier. Almost got a good show in, too. But he had been picked, so that was all that mattered. Picking up his pack, he heads toward the group, not caring to say goodbye to anyone. He does give a nod to Ol'Gunther as he passes him, though. He would put his teacher's techniques to the test quite soon.

1d6 ⇒ 2


female Human Druid (Menhir Savant) 2 | HP 17/17 | Fort +5 ,Ref +2, will +7 | Perception +9 | Ini +2

1d6 ⇒ 5
Stroking Bjorn´s fur Freya smiles at the prospect to finally start and nods, while hefting her short spear and making sure her shield in safely on her back.
"Off we go!"


Male Human Bard 2 | HP 17/17 | Fort +2 Ref +6 Will +3 | AC 17 | perception +5 | Int +1 | Init +3 | Bardic knowledge +1

"Thanks. It will go well, I can take care of myself."
Finn speak with Deirdre in a low voice:
"I will send home what I can, keep down the drinking of mom, especially today. And take care of Siobhán. It is a heavy burden to do that alone but I know you can do it!
I have only a few silver with me, but I will be feed, so take them."

He hand her 7 silver.


@Daren-
Tarquin limps to cut off Daren and stops him as he leaves and gives him a note. "I don't know if this will help. Tymora (god of luck) knows it didn't help me."

@freya-
Your family walks away, They know that you were planning on leaving town soon anyways because your trips into the forest have been taking longer and longer, and have at multiple times said their goodbyes. They look back and give nods as if its ok for you to go.

@everyone- the campsite is a long 4-5 hour march through the woods. the woods are beautiful and wild; the weather is crisp with slight overcast. winters here in Damara are harsh and you are in fall season so there is a little chill in the air.

I'll be using this march time for RP between the characters. please get to know others. including if you strike up the conversation, Brock, Gweenth, Fieram, or Markam.


Witch 2 | HP 9/9 | Fort +1 Ref +2 Will +4 | AC12 T12 FF10 | Percep +1 | Init +3

Oalin shuffles to the back of the formation, arranging his load more comfortably as the march begins. His gaze focuses on the flora lining both sides of the trail as the group marches, looking for anything useful.

Not attempting any check yet, the march has only just begun and this would be the most well-travelled portion, right at the start.


Male Human Bard 2 | HP 17/17 | Fort +2 Ref +6 Will +3 | AC 17 | perception +5 | Int +1 | Init +3 | Bardic knowledge +1

Finn move near Oalin and address him with a friendly smile.
"Hello. I heard that you know healing herbs and the healing arts. If we go to war that can save plenty of lives. You think you can teach some of that?
I am not a great fighter, but I know something about surviving and I will help you in exchange."


Witch 2 | HP 9/9 | Fort +1 Ref +2 Will +4 | AC12 T12 FF10 | Percep +1 | Init +3

His face brightening at the friendly inquiry, Oalin stammers a reply, Umm, yea, I guess, if you want. My Nan taught me. Help heal colds, fight infections and fevers, that sort of thing. She told me if you use the right parts of the right plants, you can cook up cures for poisons and diseases, too. First step is knowing what plants to look for. Good for us, most of those are common where we live.

Oalin’s positivity drains a little

I guess we won’t be where we live, though. Most of them grow in ditches, so until the winter comes or we are going to some desert or whatever, we should still be able to find them. Yea, I can teach you what flowers and leaves to look for to find the right plants -- we’ll start there. Knowing how much of what to use and drawing out the properties in the right amounts the right way takes some artistry, that part will take some time to teach.

Do you know either of the big guys? I've only seen them a little around the village and in the forest, never saw them up close until now. They look like they can really use those weapons.


Male Human Bard 2 | HP 17/17 | Fort +2 Ref +6 Will +3 | AC 17 | perception +5 | Int +1 | Init +3 | Bardic knowledge +1

Finn smile. "You are a good guy. The sergeant seem competent. For now we should listen to him and try get on his good side. That noble will never consider people like us more can dirt. And never volunteer for anything, leave that to guys like Daren."


Ranger 2 | HP 21/21 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +1 | Perception +6 (Darkvision 60') | Init +5

Morgabir relaxes quite a bit as the group enters the forest. He shakes his cloak out and stretches as he walks, leaving next to no trace in the underbrush or on the trees.

He slides his sling onto his fingers, keeping a bullet in the pouch but holding it in his palm and ready. He speaks quietly to the dwarf and Virid, "We will need to establish some quiet communication signals, and probably send scouts out front. Here in generally peaceful lands it's not a problem, but there are dangerous predators and bandits around. I assume we are to protect the horseman, yes?"

Looking around, Mor keeps his ears alert and his weapons near to hand.


Male Human Cavalier 2 | hp 21/21 | AC 18, T 13, FF 15 | Fort 5, Ref 3, Will 0 | Per 2, Init 3 | rapier 7 (1d6/18-20)

Daren expects a strict march in lines at first, but is suprised how the group simply moves without coordination outside of Markam's guards. Catching the lord's eyes, Daren tries to strike up a conversation. "So Lord Markam, have you ever been to the capital before? What is it like?"


Witch 2 | HP 9/9 | Fort +1 Ref +2 Will +4 | AC12 T12 FF10 | Percep +1 | Init +3

Thanks, Finn. We are in this together, I think… unless we get split up wherever it is we are going.

Oalin considers pointing out Brock, Gweenth and Daren and warning Finn that they are mean and not to be trusted, but decides against it.

He thinks inwardly, Looks like I’ve made a friend – and Finn may already be friends with them and take their side. I hope this whole thing will change them, I'd like more friends.


Male Human Bard 2 | HP 17/17 | Fort +2 Ref +6 Will +3 | AC 17 | perception +5 | Int +1 | Init +3 | Bardic knowledge +1

Morgabir is already ready to fight. I don't see anything, but maybe he has noticed something? he is an experienced hunter after all.
"Oalin, keep in the middle of the group, never in the fringe. I want to ask something to Morgabir. I will be back shortly."

Finn walk up to Mor and address him in a quiet tone.
"Hi Morgabir. I don't know you well, but I know you are a good hunter. You have noticed something? I see you are ready for trouble."

1 to 50 of 568 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Intro to the campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.