Darkness in Valencia (Inactive)

Game Master Browman


101 to 150 of 175 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

7th Generation Cappadocian | BP: 11/20 - 4 PT | Will 3/5 | Initative +6 Shadow's Status |

Library of Elysium

Charles bows to Fredrico, "Thank you for sharing this with us, Fredrico. An excellent idea!"

ST, let me know what rolls you'd like to see with respect to research.


Inactive

"I always honor the laws of hospitality," bows Dragoslav. He looks genuinely interested in the collection and slowly walks in front of the shelves reading the titles.


I need to know what types of checks you guys want to make


7th Generation Cappadocian | BP: 11/20 - 4 PT | Will 3/5 | Initative +6 Shadow's Status |

I think the idea is to research the cult, I suppose it would be Occult checks but with the "challenge" being Library research rather than recall of personal knowledge, I am not sure if there is a specific Research skill you would have us test in the alternative. If so the check might just be straight Perception or Straight Intelligence.


Then it would be an Int+Investigation check I think. Diff 7. What specifically are you trying to find out?


7th Generation Cappadocian | BP: 11/20 - 4 PT | Will 3/5 | Initative +6 Shadow's Status |

The Library

Charles begins to peruse the books though he is used to a more casual type of reading and thus his own ability to pull specific documentation with respect to focused research is not as on par as the abilities of most of his Clansmen.

Intelligence+Investigation - 2d10 ⇒ (10, 4) = 14

More information on Kupala and the Cult surrounding him. Specifics as to Rituals utilized, specific dates that may be of significance, specific traits of Cult members, information on the Demon itself that perhaps we do not know IC, and potential powers that cultists could possess. Anyone else have any other idea as to what we could look for?


Inactive

Dragoslav searches for the history of the place, what can be "unbound" here and dates of the ambiguous events.

Intelligence(analytical)+Investigation: 6d10 ⇒ (3, 8, 6, 9, 4, 3) = 33

Grand Lodge

Male Brujah 8th generation Nature: survivor Demeanor: pedagogue

Fredricho will work with the rest searching the tomes to see what may be found:

int+inv: 7d10 ⇒ (1, 7, 6, 10, 10, 1, 1) = 36


Very male, thank you, yet with a sensitive side! Human Bard-1

Int plus investigation 4d10 ⇒ (10, 10, 10, 2) = 32

For his part, Alvaro looks at more recent records, if they can be found, of those incoming into the city in numbers that he saw among the cultists, and where they hailed from. A needle in a hay stack to use the phrase, but if they can narrow down what groups would be most likely to be the cultists, so be it. Maybe they could learn where they'd be likely to stay in the newly reconquered city.

Holy snot. I'm going to die in the first combat aren't I?


As the party delves into the Tomes within the library they find several things.

- Kupala and his associated cults in Transylvania go back to truely old records, at least as far back as the unified Roman empire.

- It is believed that Earthbound can be tied to an area or if weaker could be bound into and object

- The church claims that an early bishop, Steven of Padua banished a fell servant of the devil binding it something (the remainder of that text seems lost, the volume damaged)

- A group arrived recently from Sicily and other from Greece


Very male, thank you, yet with a sensitive side! Human Bard-1

"Two groups, one from Sicily, and the other Greece... one of them maybe the source of our cultists. It's something," He shares what he learned.


7th Generation Cappadocian | BP: 11/20 - 4 PT | Will 3/5 | Initative +6 Shadow's Status |

"Interesting, I would suspect then that either the cult believes this area houses this creature or an item with a creature bound to t is somewhere in this area.

Odd that a creature steeped in the lore of the east would be sought by cultists here in the west... Perhaps we should attempt to locate the Greeks first".


Keep in mind that the translation from the runes can be either Kupala or Earthbound the rune means either/ both.

Grand Lodge

Male Brujah 8th generation Nature: survivor Demeanor: pedagogue

we should investigate both prior to reportimg back to the prince. The more we conclude this issue, the more possible reward.


Inactive

"Hm... If anyone can investigate church records, or ask the clergy directly, that could help - these records claim that a bishop Steven of Padua banished some creature by binding it. The text here is damaged, sadly."


7th Generation Cappadocian | BP: 11/20 - 4 PT | Will 3/5 | Initative +6 Shadow's Status |

"I may be able to speak to a contact about access to Church records though I doubt I can arrange that for tonight".


As you continue discussing what you have found, you realize that you only have about an hour before sunlight. Some of you will have to leave within a few minutes if you wish to return to your own haven's before dawn.

Sorry for the delay, I was expecting you to discuss more, then I was away for the weekend.


Very male, thank you, yet with a sensitive side! Human Bard-1

"well, the choice for further action tonight has been taken from us I think." Alvaro says noting the time.


Inactive

"Yes, I think so. We should meet tomorrow to continue our investigation. Good night." Dragoslav nods to others and hurries to his estate before dawn catches him outside.


Very male, thank you, yet with a sensitive side! Human Bard-1

"Tomorrow night it is," Alvaro says, "Gentlemen," Ne bows with a grin, and wihtdraws.

Alas, he has no time to check his contacts, or so it seems. He will make sure his mother is provided for in the daylight hours before sealing himself away. His own plans of empire in shadows appear to be on hold now But surely we can gain great advantage if we get to the root of this mystery.


You all return home to your havens and the day passes without incident. Shortly after you wake up the next night you are informed by one method or another (a servant or messenger from the prince) that another body has been found. It has been similarly mutilated to the first body.


Inactive

"Another body so soon?" Dragoslav leaves his estate to visit the place where the body was found, as he assumes others would very likely be there too.


Very male, thank you, yet with a sensitive side! Human Bard-1

Alvaro rises, a bit hungrier than the night before. But is that not always the way? The Curse of Cain would be such a delight in so many ways if it were not for the hunger. When I was mortal a bit of hunger would send me a pang now and then. But the thirst of vampires is like a constant poking with very fine needle some nights.

"Mother," He gives her a kiss on the cheek when he rises and sees her, "You are not yet to bed?"

Pura was once beautiful, and though a hard life and time have conspired together to wear that away there are still elements of that, particularly when she smiles "If I went to rest with the sun every night just as you rise with it, I would never get to see you, Alvaro." She fusses lightly, "You brave very dangerous nights to provide for us both."

More than provide, mother. More than provide. If I can, this place will be very grand indeed in time and you will have servants of your own He thinks, before saying, "I am nothing if not resourceful, mother. Rest by the fire and-"

There is a knock by the door, and he is instantly alert. This is his domain, once glorious, now in need of repair, but his. His mother deals with honest encounters by day. After the sun set? Why those are dishonest ones.

"Go by the fire, mother," More firmly, he wants her out of the way "I'll see who it is. You do enough."

Abiding, she moves away, and the Lasombra makes his way to see who it is. When he sees a messenger from the Prince, he speaks to the man quietly. "Another? I see. Anything else you can tell me?" But obviously there is only so much to be told by a messenger.

"Well, thank you for informing me. I will check with the others."

And he sends the messenger off.

Then when they are alone again, he turns to his mother, "Mother, forgive me, but duties have arisen. Do not stay up long. Myself at night I can protect, but I do fear for you. Mmm?"

And he heads out with easy confidence, but inside? Aggravation. Not that he doesn't feel sympathy for whoever has lost a loved one, but this is a problem If I end up constantly chasing murders, I cannot attend to my own matters. I can only hope I have time to tend to my contacts to help learn more of these murders. IF I can not fall into the trap of chasing what is too late to change so much I never get to pursue my own avenues.

He heads to join the others, but if he should happen by the shope of Josef/Yusaf "the Faithful" one of his contacts, he may take a moment to see if the man has heard word of people buying strange objects of the occult.


7th Generation Cappadocian | BP: 11/20 - 4 PT | Will 3/5 | Initative +6 Shadow's Status |

Charles scowls, "Our foes move swiftly. Trent, I may need you to explore this Cult by day. For now, remain, I shall meet with my peers to see what else has unfolded since the sun went down..."

Charles quickly explains what took place to his trusted ghoul then moves out into the night to meet with his Comrades, starting with the slaying site, Perhaps they will congregate there first...


The directions take you to a church on the opposite side of town. The watch haven't taken the body down this time, likely on instructions from the watch captain. A pair of town watch guard the door into the church.

"This isn't a sight for god fearing eyes."


Inactive

"What happened here? Another murder?" asks Dragoslav, listening intently to hear if anyone is inside.

Perception+Alertness+Auspex 1: 4d10 ⇒ (5, 3, 7, 8) = 23 Any sounds inside?


7th Generation Cappadocian | BP: 11/20 - 4 PT | Will 3/5 | Initative +6 Shadow's Status |

Charles' responds to the guards, "But yet look we must to try and stop these fiends that would commit such heinous acts..."

Charles heads in and goes straight to the body. Assuming there are no Mortals around eh will turn to his allies, "Please keep prying eyes away that I might see what no others can..."

Charles once more performs his ritual; to see through the eyes of the dead.

Blood into the eyes once more, he concentrates...

Final Sight - Intelligence+Occult DC 4 Plus spend 1 Will for auto success - 2d10 + 3d10 ⇒ (3, 6) + (7, 3, 6) = 25 - 4 successes- Charles receives a clear image, with sound, of the half-hour before the subject’s death.


Inactive

With a tongue click, Dragoslav stands in the doors, preventing anyone from entering until Charles is finished.

Grand Lodge

Male Brujah 8th generation Nature: survivor Demeanor: pedagogue

Fredricho wakes with a start being alerted to uet another death and rises getting ready for the eve, drinking a few points from his herd and then hurrying out to the site and finding the rest of his associates, he will stand guard and keep prying eyes away from the scene.


Very male, thank you, yet with a sensitive side! Human Bard-1

Heh. I'll take it as a no that his contact's place isn't on the way

When Alvaro arrives only a bit behind the others, "Another one" Shaking his head.


The city watch has been diligent at keeping everyone, including themselves, out of the church.

As you enter you can see the scene is much the same as before despite the change in scenery. An old priest is hanging upside down from the rafters, clearly drained of blood and a ritual circle painted in that blood on the stone floor. The site is clearly off centre in the church and several pews have been shoved aside to allow the circle to be placed where it is.

-----

The Cappadocian's eyes roll back into his head as the ritual takes effect.

His vision shifts to that of the old priest, dutifully sweeping the floor and cleaning the pews. The Sun high in the sky but slowly descending. Suddenly a loud banging is heard at the great doors and he shambles over. "What can I help you wi..." He is cut off as he is seized and roughed up by several young men. A heavily accented voice speaks in latin "Abducere ibi nulla in felis. Sicut paulo ante dictum est. Ligatis pedibus suis, saltem dignitatem vestium. Cum tamen ipse non sit benedicta in quo est."

translation:
Drag him over there, no not in the Centre. Like we discussed. Tie his legs together, he can at least have the dignity of his robes. Though he will not be blessed with seeing what comes.
The priest is tossed to the floor, arms tied behind him, and legs bound while the pews are shoved aside. Then lifted into the air, slowly swaying back and forth while the four men ready for the ritual. He sees the one who spoke slowly approach him with a drawn blade and feels a cut being made on his neck, though not deep or long, it will take several minutes for him to bleed out and die. The cultists using his lifeblood to power their fell rite. They mutter something under their breath, too quiet to hear fully but clearly not in any tongue known to god fearing men.

Sorry Alvaro I missed you mentioning that. You will have plenty of time to stop by afterwards.


7th Generation Cappadocian | BP: 11/20 - 4 PT | Will 3/5 | Initative +6 Shadow's Status |

Charles sighs and stands he relays what he has seen to his comrades, "It seems these killers are going to continue to strike until they get what they want. Perhaps there are other clues here that can aid us in tracking them down".

Charles begins to search the Church for other clues.

Perception+Alertness -2 Dice if this should be an Investigation roll - 3d10 + 2d10 ⇒ (1, 4, 8) + (2, 5) = 20

I assume I still did not get a good look at their faces? They did this during the day, hmmm, we may need Ghouls to help on this...


You could identify them if you saw them again. Between the two visions you have seen 6 different people.

As charles looks around the church further he doesn't notice anything out of the ordinary.


Inactive

"Was the priest alone? Surely he is not the only priest in this church?"


Very male, thank you, yet with a sensitive side! Human Bard-1

"A good question," He looks around.


Charles did not see any other priests in the vision.


Inactive

"Any clues?" But Dragoslav already knows the answers. "I will send one of my ghouls to ask around about new faces in town during the day. In the meantime, any ideas what else we can do? Charles, will you be able to arrange that meeting with the clergy we talked about last night?"


7th Generation Cappadocian | BP: 11/20 - 4 PT | Will 3/5 | Initative +6 Shadow's Status |

"Yes, tonight I will proceed. Last night was of course late and this evening quite early. I wonder if we are dealing with Ghouls or merely fanatical Mortals. If Ghouls, the Cainite behind this one must wonder what he or she has to gain...

Perhaps an infernalist is in our midst?

I should leave now to set things in motion, where shall we reconvene? "

ST:
Charles will head to his Elder to ask whether HE can arrange a meeting with the local Clergy.


Very male, thank you, yet with a sensitive side! Human Bard-1

"I might have a contact to check on, but how useful he'll be, I do not claim to know," Alvarro admits.

"As for where to reconvene, perhaps the warehouse where the first slaying happened is clear by now if the city guard has stopped its duties there? Others may consider it no longer worthy of attention."


7th Generation Cappadocian | BP: 11/20 - 4 PT | Will 3/5 | Initative +6 Shadow's Status |

Charles nods to Alvaro, "Agreed. Perhaps we can also look to see if the locations mark the beginning of a pattern to mark the next location where these cultists will strike..."

Charles takes his leave...

Grand Lodge

Male Brujah 8th generation Nature: survivor Demeanor: pedagogue

Fredricho also takes his leave back to his library to study his texts some more to see if there is any thing else in his occult library about these happenings.


Inactive

Dragoslav leaves too, with an intention of looking around the warehouse once again, now that they have two locations to compare.


Charles goes to visit Essus and is taken deep into the crypts, finding the ancient Cappadocian arm deep in the open chest cavity of a corpse. He removes a half rotten organ as Charles approaches.

"Tell me young one, did your sire teach you of the feast?"

----

Alvaro arrives at Yusaf's shop just as he is preparing to close up for the night.

"It has been many suns since I have seen you my friend. Business as profitable as ever?"

---

Fredrico returns to his books and finds a promising lead on geometry in occult rituals. Apparently ritual hexagons surrounding the object of the rites is the most powerful of geometries.

---

Having seen a second site, Dragoslav looks at the first with new eyes and notices that the first killing was hung off centre in the warehouse as well. Even now after all the cleaning the ritual circle seems imprinted into the stone of the floor.


Very male, thank you, yet with a sensitive side! Human Bard-1
Browman wrote:

Alvaro arrives at Yusaf's shop just as he is preparing to close up for the night.

"It has been many suns since I have seen you my friend. Business as profitable as ever?"

"Ah, distractions lay between me and my profits, o faithful one," Alvaro grinned to see him but only for a moment before lamenting, "It seems a man cannot move without dedicated guards on the street ..god praise them, looking into this or that of late. And you? Any new customers with odd tastes?"


Inactive

"Hm... It would seem, that the ritual must be conducted in the center of the building," Dragoslav mutters to himself.

He patiently waits for others.


7th Generation Cappadocian | BP: 11/20 - 4 PT | Will 3/5 | Initative +6 Shadow's Status |

With Essus

Charles was about to ask a question when Essus posed one of his own, "The Feast of Folly, is that what you refer to Elder?" He tables his request as the conversation should not be redirected quite yet, it is clear that Essus has something of substance to say this night.


Alvaro de'Aragon wrote:
Browman wrote:

Alvaro arrives at Yusaf's shop just as he is preparing to close up for the night.

"It has been many suns since I have seen you my friend. Business as profitable as ever?"

"Ah, distractions lay between me and my profits, o faithful one," Alvaro grinned to see him but only for a moment before lamenting, "It seems a man cannot move without dedicated guards on the street ..god praise them, looking into this or that of late. And you? Any new customers with odd tastes?"

"The times of change between Christian and Muslim rule are always trying, if profitable for those with the right connections." He pauses when you ask about strange customers. "There was a pair of fellows, Saracens, discretely asking after occult tomes. I initially rebuffed them, but they are the type who will be back."

----

Charles Tacitus wrote:

With Essus

Charles was about to ask a question when Essus posed one of his own, "The Feast of Folly, is that what you refer to Elder?" He tables his request as the conversation should not be redirected quite yet, it is clear that Essus has something of substance to say this night.

"Indeed, it is the defining moment in the recent history of our clan. Do you know why it was needed? What could rouse an ancient from his meditations to summon all his childer and their progeny?"


Very male, thank you, yet with a sensitive side! Human Bard-1
Browman wrote:

"The times of change between Christian and Muslim rule are always trying, if profitable for those with the right connections." He pauses when you ask about strange customers. "There was a pair of fellows, Saracens, discretely asking after occult tomes. I initially rebuffed them, but they are the type who will be back."

"How does one discretely ask for Occult tomes?" He says with some amusement, "Pardon, but would you happen to have lore that is neither approved by the church, the local peasantry, or the constables but is still a very dry dull read?" A tilt of his head , "Saracens? Interesting. Do you know if they came in from either Greece or Sicily? It would appear an interest in the forbidden is a condition of note these nights. And, I admit, you have caught my interest with these books, and a bit of concern. Do you think they will come to pressure you?" He does actually allow some worry to show. Just because one is no longer living doesn't mean one should no longer care.


7th Generation Cappadocian | BP: 11/20 - 4 PT | Will 3/5 | Initative +6 Shadow's Status |
Browman wrote:
"Indeed, it is the defining moment in the recent history of our clan. Do you know why it was needed? What could rouse an ancient from his meditations to summon all his childer and their progeny?"

"My Sire explained it to me as thus, the Progenitor believed that the focus of the Clan had shifted away from that which was his intended goal. Those who were found wanting were left behind".

Once more Charles' holds off on his own question as the line of questioning clearly had yet to play out.


Sorry, been a busy few days

Charles Tacitus wrote:
Browman wrote:
"Indeed, it is the defining moment in the recent history of our clan. Do you know why it was needed? What could rouse an ancient from his meditations to summon all his childer and their progeny?"

"My Sire explained it to me as thus, the Progenitor believed that the focus of the Clan had shifted away from that which was his intended goal. Those who were found wanting were left behind".

Once more Charles' holds off on his own question as the line of questioning clearly had yet to play out.

"Indeed, did he tell you we had become among the largest of the clans, bloated, in need of a blooding to become more healthy. Mark my words carefully young one for I have gazed long into the endless streams, a time of blooding is coming for all of our kind. The strong will survive and we emerge on the other side better as a species for it."

He hands Charles a rotted organ as he continues his work.

"Now what brought you to my halls this night, young one?"

Alvaro de'Aragon wrote:
Browman wrote:

"The times of change between Christian and Muslim rule are always trying, if profitable for those with the right connections." He pauses when you ask about strange customers. "There was a pair of fellows, Saracens, discretely asking after occult tomes. I initially rebuffed them, but they are the type who will be back."

"How does one discretely ask for Occult tomes?" He says with some amusement, "Pardon, but would you happen to have lore that is neither approved by the church, the local peasantry, or the constables but is still a very dry dull read?" A tilt of his head , "Saracens? Interesting. Do you know if they came in from either Greece or Sicily? It would appear an interest in the forbidden is a condition of note these nights. And, I admit, you have caught my interest with these books, and a bit of concern. Do you think they will come to pressure you?" He does actually allow some worry to show. Just because one is no longer living doesn't mean one should no longer care.

"Very carefully, there are special codes and word combinations used. As to their travels I did not hear them speak of such things, though it would be uncommon to travel though Greece, Sicily is more likely. There interest in nothing I cannot handle, I will let you know if that changes. Is there some danger that I should be looking for?"

101 to 150 of 175 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Darkness in Valencia All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.