Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Dark Heresy - Haarlock's Legacy

Game Master Nethru

Online to PbP game in session.


1,101 to 1,150 of 3,581 << first < prev | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | next > last >>

Spoiler:
please described the room

illidan will scan the perimeter of the room checking for traps to signs of foul play


Your in one of the larger rooms of the building right now. There are a lot of people chit chatting and drinking all over the place. They are to absorbed in their own afairs they did not notice this man or you guys approaching him in the corner. Nobles don't seem to care about much other than themselves. Nothing really looks out of the ordinary except for this man here.


"He is bleeding Huntarr be careful".


Nihil remains silent as he watches the rest of the group make their way towards the man. Instead of stepping in to meet them, he slowly walked across the room, moving into the crowd of people so as to disguise himself, yet ensuring that he maintained constant view of them.

He did not want any onlookers to believe he was associated with them. It was not to his advantage.


Huntarr nods to Auraxis and moves closer.

"Lar'ax Melua, can you hear me?"

Huntarr tries to figure out how he is wounded before he touches the man.


Lar'ax just stares at you but says nothing as he sways slightly. He moves but is not responsive at all and you can clearly see the blood on the front of his jacket.


"Master Illidan, can you help him?"


Illidan wades through the crowd wave his familiar hand signs. Illidan hands burst forth with a glow of fire green and places them upon Mr. Lar'ax shoulders channeling psychic energies into him
Light heal No. Jutsu 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 vs 7
Wounds returned 1d5 ⇒ 2


Illidan's warp powers flow into Lar'ax and instead of having that healing sensation he winces in pain and slams his back against the wall as his jacket flies open and you see his chest is ripped open and where his heart should be is missing! Where this man should be dead he is alive and breathing.


illidan jumps back with his WHAT THE F@#K FACE o_O
Are there any fibers, claw marks nail clippings of a monster and thing that would leave a physical trace I could track


Make a medicae roll if you wish to determine how the wound was created. Also Illidan you can make another psynscience roll again.


"By the Emperor! What madness is this? Melua, what happened to you?!"


Illidan sense some foul play as no man shoold be alive without a heart or support system. Illidan takes a knee closes his eyes focusing his chakra invocation 1d100 ⇒ 18
Glimpse 2d10 + 10 ⇒ (7, 1) + 10 = 18 vs 18 illidan eyes peers into th warp inspecting the wounds
Psyscience test 1d100 ⇒ 82 vs70
"what in the name of the emperor could have done this?!?"


You guys have no clue how the hell this many is still alive. There is no apparent bionic that's keeping him up. What do you want to do?


"If he can't talk put the poor bastard out of his misery and let's find out perp so we can get off of this hell hole".


Huntarr shakes his head.

"No. We may still save him. Let's find the Heron. I have a bad feeling about all of this. We'll leave him here for now. It's not as if he'll go anywhere if we fail."

Huntarr looks around for anything indicating where the Heron or Vulpa might be.


Brother Constantine looks a bit furious at the situation and grabs the closest person he sees near the group.

"WHO DID THIS MAN COME IN HERE WITH!" pointing to La'rax.

The Nobel looked a bit startled and turns to the man and then back to Constantine with the look of fear in his eyes and he begins to stutter.

"I think I saw him come in with a handsome laughing man wearing a heron mask and several other companions..."

Constantine throws the man away after he answers and growls.


Just as the noble scurries off the lights in the manse begin to flicker and plunge the entire place into complete darkness. Screams abound along with a few gunshots in the darkness before the lights abruptly snap back on. A commotion immediately forms around the Steel Clock.

“The Steel Clock has been daubed in blood, parts of it are now in furious motion where none were before, and a palpable aura of cold now radiates from it. Sticky red finger marks can be seen on several of the levers and gears and in a crimson print across the clock face. Lodged inside the mechanism, you can see the shape of a human hand, torn off at the wrist.”

At a closer look the hand appears to be female and is wearing a ring you recognize. House Melua's signia.


"We need to find this perp right now. No more wasting time".

Auraxis scans the crowd looking for the heron masked man or any masks that even look similar to those worn by his cronies.

Awareness 1d100 ⇒ 94


Huntarr moves towards the workings of the clock with purpose.

(Is there a passage behind the gears where the hand is stuck?)


There is no way to get into the clock or gears with all the swinging parts. It is quite obvious that anyone that attempts to get inside would be shredded and dead very quickly. It seems almost impossible that this happened.


I can see in the dark so was I able to make out what went down? Where they went and what tore that girl asunder?


No one clearly saw what happened at the clock as it was pretty chaotic with all the noise and such. You might have seen a dark figure moving with unnatural grace and speed moving about the clock but nothing specific.

The hand and ring looks very familiar to you Huntarr. Most definitively belonged to Lady Melua.


(Moving about the clock where?)

(Who was shot?)


Some random nobles were shot probably someone got excited and didn't want to wait for the 13th hour to do their dirty work.

The dark shape was moving around the clock area but was to fast and to much chaos going on to really know what it was doing.


Nihil:

A young noble woman walks over to you and you recognize her as the daughter of a friend of the family.

"Nihil good to see you here! Wasn't that your cousin over there that got shot? I wonder who he pissed off."

Her:

While all the commotion is going on a big man dressed in fine clothing taps you on the shoulder.

"Would you like to come with me into the pleasure gardens? I have an appetite for young women today and I'm sure I could afford you."


Nihil smiled calmly to the woman, exchanging a courteous bow before finally speaking. I peered over to the body, shrugging slightly with little emotion behind it.

No doubt someone he owed money too... I wish I could say I feel sorry for him but, I'd be lying....

He takes two glasses of wine from one of the passing servers, taking one for himself then casually passing the other to her.

What brings you here, Julia? Still trying to kill your father?


Nihil:

She smiles shyly at you at the mention of her father.

"Unfortunately father isn't here he had other affairs to attend to besides killing off his enemies. This night is getting stranger and stranger though not like the previous revels."


Huntarr moves to the area where he saw the dark shape and looks around for clues.


What makes you say that m'dear?

He asked curiously, taking a sip of his wine.


Her:
"You are barking up the wrong tree, scumbag!"


illidan walks over and inspects the clock as it seems to be acting in an odd manner of its own accord. While muttering some weird incantation

Innovation 1d100 ⇒ 67
SPECTRAL hands No. Jutsu 2d10 + 5 ⇒ (3, 4) + 5 = 12 vs 10

illidans hands seem to have disintegrated into millions of particles as his hands fade into the warp

G. Emporer:

I want to f#/$ up this clock from the inside pulling levers cogs widgets whAt ever have the hand float to me I want that ring. On its hand


Nihil:

"People just seem to be a bit more on edge and the body parts showing up by the steel clock. That has never happened before."

Her:

The man looks a little taken aback by the young girls comments but continues to persist.

"Playing hard to get young lady? I always get what I want and I want you."

You see 2 men stand next to the big fat guy as he's talking to you.

Illidan:

There are no levers or anything like that to pull but you can pull the hand from where it is and bring it to you. Not much else you can really manipulate with the spectral hand.


illidan releases the spectral hands technique, removes the ring and slides it onto his pinky cause it seems the only finger it would fit. Illidan tosses the hand in the backpack.
Innovate 1d100 ⇒ 88 vs 57 failed
illidan's eye fade To black as he peers into endless realities of the warp
Glimpse No Jutsu. 3d10 + 5 ⇒ (1, 6, 2) + 5 = 14 vs 18 failed again
Dowsing 2d10 + 5 ⇒ (10, 4) + 5 = 19 vs 11
Psyniscience test 1d100 ⇒ 99 vs 40 he is within 100meters I am trying to find heroin masked guy. To end his games

"DAMNIT WHERE ARE YOU!!!"


Going to move this along

"The light has fled as if before the dark clouds of a storm. A cold breeze blows, stirring gowns and feathered finery, though Xicarph is sealed in a dome of crystal. Guests throng to the Theatre of Clocks. Servitors pass through the rooms and promenades, lighting huge candelabra of pale candles. In the candlelight, a hush falls as minutes pass and many of the masked faces turn upward to watch the light become blotted out. Others in the crowd finger their weaponry and edge into position, waiting for the permitted carnage of the revel to begin. The barest sliver of light, like a ring of silver, can still be seen behind the dark orb that has eaten the sun.

In the last seconds of light, the countless clocks of the Theatre of Clocks, which have struck the hours of a thousand different worlds for a thousand years, begin one by one to tick in unison with the Steel Clock. The guests begin to mutter, surprise showing in every gesture and glance; such a thing has never happened before. With a sweep of the pendulum of the Steel Clock, the last clock falls into rhythm with its fellows and the air resonates with the ticking of a thousand mechanical hearts. Then as one they strike the 13th hour in a great chorus of noise and chaos."

"As the final, 13th note is struck, thousands of hands reach for masks and draw weapons. There is a heartbeat as the chime holds in the air, and then the world is plunged into a twilight gloom. All is primed, taut anticipation, but before a shot can be fired between rivals, an exultant voice shouts words as loud and terrible as the chiming of the Steel Clock. His heron mask glittering in the candlelight, an all too familiar figure leaps onto the plinth of the Steel Clock and gazes around smiling.

‘Look, look at the sun!’ he calls out. Above Xicarph shines the sun, so bright that it cannot be looked at, but it gives no light. All around in the impossible darkness, people begin to scream, and the sound of violence erupts in a desperate, panicked rush. ‘Come, Widower of Haarlock, show me your face. It is your hour, and you will unmask.’

A figure walks from the seething crowd, his robes billowing in an unnatural wind, his jackal mask still in place.

‘You!’ shouts heron mask, and the wearer of the jackal reaches up and removes his mask.’

‘Fool,’ the Widower growls in a voice that is a hundred different voices blended into one. ‘You have brought the Haarlocks’ by-blows here and sealed your doom! You thought to tame me, but you know nothing! You are nothing! By their blood I have summoned the black light of death for this world, a shadow out of time captured centuries ago by the Traveller but no less lethal now. In death I shall be free of him who comes!’

Suddenly the mechanisms of the great Steel Clock begin to whirl and change, and unholy howling echoes from the machine.

The deathly fires of a black sun crawl round the dark totality of the eclipse, blacker than the darkness of the void. All around the chamber, men and women scream. Some fall to their knees beneath the black light, clawing at their eyes and faces, while others lash out at each other like rabid animals, and the Widower laughs...

Please roll Initiative as Chaos erupts and the Widower and Heron Mask begin to attack each other as other men in robes and masks pull out guns and start shooting whoever gets in their way.


G. Emperor:

Illidan activates his pict recorder as a free action to record the choas. If I have to wait til my turn in the action I would do so at the beginning of my turn.

Initiative 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


1d10 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13 Initiative


Initiative 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


Widower Init 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Heron Mask Init 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Constantine Init 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Nihil Init 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Her Init 1d10 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13


Round 1

Huntarr - 13
Her - 13
Constantine - 13
Auraxis - 11
Heron Mask - 11
Illidan - 10
Nihil - 8
Widower - 6


Huntarr snaps the shotgun to his shoulder and fires at Heron Mask, his heart filled with rage.

1d100 ⇒ 82


Her:
Her attacks the 3 goons that are harassing her while the chaos is erupting.

Constantine:
Constantine yells "DIE HERETICS!" and swings his flamer around toward the Widower and Heron mask releasing a gout of burning promethium towards them and the steel clock!

Widower Agility 1d100 ⇒ 20 vs 35
Heron Mask Agility 1d100 ⇒ 65 vs 32

Flamer Damage 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 Pen 3

Heron Agility to see if caught on fire 1d100 ⇒ 52 vs 32

The Widower moves out of the way of the flames but the Heron Mask is not so lucky and is caught on fire.

Round 1

Huntarr - 13
Her - 13
Constantine - 13
Auraxis - 11
Heron Mask - 11
Illidan - 10
Nihil - 8
Widower - 6


Auraxis fires hellfire rounds from his shotgun at the Widower.

Shotgun 1d100 ⇒ 79
Shotgun Damage 1d10 ⇒ 6 Not sure about the stats on the gun.

I use a Fate Point to re-roll.

Shotgun 1d100 ⇒ 77 Amazing....


Heron Mask seems to ignore the flames as they lick at his skin but do not appear to do any damage (Illidan you can make a psyscience test if you would like)

He begins to chant some words of power 4d10 + 4 ⇒ (1, 7, 5, 10) + 4 = 27 and a burst of raw destructive energy blast out toward Constantine.

Constantine Dodge 1d100 ⇒ 78

Hellish Blast Damage 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Constantine screams in pain as he falls to the ground unconscious with a huge burn mark in his chest. Hard to tell if he's dead or alive from the blast!

Heron Mask Yells "DO NOT INTERFERE PAWNS OR YOUR FATE WILL BE THAT OF THE ONE LYING DEAD!!!"

Round 1

Huntarr - 13
Her - 13
Constantine - 13 (Unconscious)
Auraxis - 11
Heron Mask - 11
Illidan - 10
Nihil - 8
Widower - 6


"Found you!!!
Half action draw auto gun

Spasm 3d10 + 5 ⇒ (2, 9, 9) + 5 = 25 vs 7

Fate point
3d10 + 5 ⇒ (5, 2, 7) + 5 = 19 vs 7

Target widower make its opposed test 1 step harder and target heron mask


Widower 1d100 ⇒ 89 vs 75
Heron Mask 1d100 ⇒ 19 vs 46

Widower falls to the floor.

Round 1

Huntarr - 13
Her - 13
Constantine - 13 (Unconscious)
Auraxis - 11
Heron Mask - 11
Illidan - 10
Nihil - 8
Widower - 6


The clock is the heart of the monster...

Seeing an opening in the conflict, Nihil moved away from the combat and dashed towards the massive steel clock. There must be a way to stop this damn thing.


Nihil make a search check as you are examining the clock

The Widower in the Jackal Masks skin stands up with a wicked grin on his face and yells. "NONE OF YOU CAN STOP ME. THE END OF THIS WORLD IS COMING AND WITH IT MY END WILL COME!." he laughs hysterically as he lunges at the Heron Mask as claws grow from his fingers.

Claw Attack 1d100 ⇒ 18 vs 50

Heron Mask Dodge 1d100 ⇒ 94 vs 42 (GM Fate Point)
Dodge 2 1d100 ⇒ 52 vs 42

Claw Damage 1d10 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21 (Tearing) 1d10 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17

The Widower rips through Heron Masks robe and armor and you see blood stain his robes and he grits hits teeth but still stands on fire.

Round 2

Huntarr - 13
Her - 13
Constantine - 13 (Unconscious)
Auraxis - 11
Heron Mask - 11
Illidan - 10
Nihil - 8
Widower - 6


(because Luigi told me to )

Search Check: 1d100 ⇒ 25


Nihil:

You see an asymmetrically cut fragment of coal-like stone the size of a human heart that hangs from the pendulum of the Steel CLock. This must be the heart your friend was talking about...

1,101 to 1,150 of 3,581 << first < prev | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.