Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Dark Hearts (Inactive)

Game Master Trup


51 to 100 of 368 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

Jessop will likely be awake pretty early. He doesn't get much sleep. He can be up with Krular for the last shift of the evening, though he'll probably be "meditating" for half that time.


M Halfling Ftr 1+550 NG Dx18 Ch13 HP:10/10 AC:TD23-FD21-Norm17-Tch15-FF13

True to their word (well, the halfling's word, the Hound would have me remind you), Lem and the Hound ride out into the gathering gloom. Not too far; Lem knows he might get them lost, even if the Hound might get them found again. The halfling makes sure to let the animal's instincts serve, going slowly enough to let it dip its head, or practically drag its nose along the ground at times. "Dark's not much hazard for you, is it, boy?", Lem whispers in Hobbit. "Can't follow that, sorry, we've got to finish a circle before the Black."

Getting back, Lem will gladly engage in quiet conversation with Gardsin, surely while Lem settles the Hound for the night (removing its armor, stirring some kettle-heated water into a mix of dried jerky and roughage, refilling the kettle, carefully inspecting the Hound's pads and claws, actually giving the Hound the now-cool-enough meaty gruel, adding some leaves to the kettle, giving the hound a small barrelful of water, checking the Hound's fur for any unwelcome passengers, etc.). Lem eat some of the same jerky, and offers it to Gard, along with the tea from the kettle, in a comically-small clay cup. "I suppose you'll want five or six times what I'll have.", Lem says softly, "And you're welcome to it; don't be hungry, please, that'd give my granny pains..."

Lem chats with Gard a good while, before begging off, "We're to make another round before dawn, and he won't really sleep unless he thinks I am, and he's too smart to be fooled by snoring noises, I've tried." He settles the Hound and himself under one of the wagons, and can be faintly heard singing a sort of lullaby*.

Then all is silent.

* Hobbitish: Lullaby to a Hound:

Sleep, gentle pup; it's the end of the day
And the work is all done, and no time left for play
With your belly all full, and your coat free of seed
Sleep, gentle pup; it's your rest now you need


Male Human Barbarian 1 (HP 11/17 / AC 16 )

Krular snores loudly.


Male Enigma/20

The night wears on without incident as the watch passes off to each member. Krular and Jessop take the final watch. All has been quiet up until now.

Krular:
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
13= Nothing seems out of place as you fight the boredom and sleepyness of having the last watch

Jessop:
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
18= Spending some time with Krular during his watch, you hear a faint moan from somewhere in the distance. Pausing to listen, you hear it again, even fainter than the first time.


Male Human Cleric 1

Jessop moves closer to Krular as quietly as he can. The gods have gone silent for the moment and he was enjoying the peace and quiet. But now, that noise, it's too disruptive.

"You hear it?" he whispers to the barbarian. "Sounds like it's moving further away, right?"

Jessop unlimbers his morningstar just in case. It's not just a good weapon. He's found that slamming it against the iron banding of his shield serves as a wonderful alarm.


Male Enigma/20

Krular - With Jessop pointing it out, you will be able to effectively hear what he hears now.


Male Human Barbarian 1 (HP 11/17 / AC 16 )

Krular stands up woth his greatsword in hand.

"Aye, I hear it. Might be it passed us by, or wants us to think so. Best be wary. I'm going to make the perimeter."The

He begins to walk around the edge of camp carefully looking for any signs of creatures nearby.

Perception:

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

27 if I can take ten.


Male Enigma/20

Krular:

17 does it
The moan grows louder to you as you begin walking about the perimeter of the camp. It raises in volume sometimes, and lowers at others. It seems as if this mystery moan is growing closer to the camp.


Male Human Cleric 1

Noting that the moan isn't getting any quieter, Jessop begins moving from person to person, rousing them gently and telling them what's happening. He tries to move as quietly as he can, but the heavy armor certainly doesn't help.

If his movement causes whatever is out there to start coming for the camp then Jessop will go ahead with his "smack shield until everyone is awake" plan.


Male Human Barbarian 1 (HP 11/17 / AC 16 )

Krular returns to the center of camp making sure that everyone is awake. He weilds his greatsword in both hands waiting for any sudden movement.

He whispers to Jessop
"It's getting closer."


M Halfling Ftr 1+550 NG Dx18 Ch13 HP:10/10 AC:TD23-FD21-Norm17-Tch15-FF13

Lem scrambles out from under the wagon, dropping his weapons belt across his shirt, with the Hound yawning after him. Lem looks wistfully at his slingstaff, but picks up his lance instead. He waits for the hound to drink from a bowl near the wheel of the wagon, then says something quite brief in Hobbit, before moving to join the others.

The Hound remains beside him.


Szarka stands by Malwyn and watches Jessop move about the tent waking the others. As Jessop approaches to wake Malwyn the bird cocks its head to the side and says some what quietly " Caw, don't touch him. He hates it and he'll squeal for sure. Caaw, and don't tell him you know he hates that to. "


HP: 11/11 AC 16/14/12: F+3, R +4 W+1, Per:+1, Init: +6, Arrows: 57, B. Arrows: 20

*Bap*

"OW! SONUVA--!"

Ice grabs the knife (gladius) at her hip and has it drawn before she realizes what is going on, not that it improves her mood any.

"What is it?" She asks through clenched teeth.


Male Human Cleric 1

"And now there's a talking bird. Wonderful." Jessop shakes his head as he continues to wake his companions.


Male Enigma/20

With everyone awake, The party is able to shift its attention to the moan that is drawning slowly closer.

Malywyn/Szarka:

Szarka Percepeption: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
The Moaning seems to grow louder, and then suddenly, stops… nothing else can be heard.

Malwyn Perception:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
You swear you see some kind of movement just beyond the camps reaches. When the movement stops, so does the moaning.

Lem:
1d20 ⇒ 4
The Moaning seems to grow louder, and then suddenly, stops… nothing else can be heard .

Ice Eyes:
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
The Moaning seems to grow louder, and then suddenly, stops… nothing else can be heard .

Krular:
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
The Moaning seems to grow louder, and then suddenly, stops… nothing else can be heard .

Jessop:
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Fully alert and ready, you pick out a figure crawling with one hand towards the camp. It looks humanoid, and it is clearly the thing making the moans. It suddenly stops moving, and the moans die off.


Male Human Barbarian 1 (HP 11/17 / AC 16 )

" I can't hear it anymore, SHOW YOURSELF!"

Krular doesn't like the anticipation and is getting anxious and frustrated.


M Halfling Ftr 1+550 NG Dx18 Ch13 HP:10/10 AC:TD23-FD21-Norm17-Tch15-FF13

"Light the camp! Slingers to cover! Shielded, forward! Riders scout!", Lem declares, climbing nimbly onto the unsaddled Hound, and away in an instant, toward the vanished sound.

After all, someone could be hurt...


Male Human Cleric 1

"There," Jessop says, pointing at the creature. "Anyone who's not in the mood to get close to this nasty better get behind me."

With that, Jessop lifts his shield in front and interposes himself between the thing and the caravan. His shield begins to glow with the same golden light as the orb from the night before. "If you can understand me, be on your way," he says in a firm voice, hand flexing on the grip of his weapon.

Just to clarify, he cast the Light Orison on his shield. Obviously, he's pointing out where the thing is so everyone knows.


HP: 11/11 AC 16/14/12: F+3, R +4 W+1, Per:+1, Init: +6, Arrows: 57, B. Arrows: 20

"Is, whatever that is still alive?"

In unfamiliar territory, Ice is a little on edge. Her bow is out with an arrow already knocked.


Male Enigma/20

The light cast from Jessops shield is enough to illuminate the thing that has frightened you all so. It appears to a man. He wears chain mail armor that has a smear of blood across the back, and you can see smears of blood on the ground he dragged himself across. He doesn't appear to be concious, and you are not sure if he is even still alive.


M Halfling Ftr 1+550 NG Dx18 Ch13 HP:10/10 AC:TD23-FD21-Norm17-Tch15-FF13

Lem guides the Hound past and to the right of the fallen man, and stops, dropping off the dog with a crisp command of "Guard." in Hobbit. Then he moves well to the left, again past the man, so the Hound and he make the corners of a sort of box around the man with the camp at the other side. "Man in armor. Hurt." he reports aloud, not looking back toward the light, to preserve what sight he might have.


HP: 11/11 AC 16/14/12: F+3, R +4 W+1, Per:+1, Init: +6, Arrows: 57, B. Arrows: 20

"Who ever heard of a priest calling a wounded man a filthy creatures. If he's as bad as he looks, what ever did this isn't too far away."

With that, Ice begins attempting to back-track the man's movements with steps like a ghost's.

Ice will start trying to backtrack the man's movements.
Survival: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27


Male Human Cleric 1

"I'm no priest," Jessop answers, but he moves toward the man anyway. "Stranger, if you need help, just say so."


M Halfling Ftr 1+550 NG Dx18 Ch13 HP:10/10 AC:TD23-FD21-Norm17-Tch15-FF13

"I don't think he's fit to be polite about it.", Lem says from his post. Lem remains unaware of Ice's movements until she comes into view following the blood trail. He startles, but guessing her intent, chirps for his Hound, and they meet her where she is. "You'll need more light, or the hound, he might go by scent. Or it may be best to wait for dawn. As much as I would help whoever might have fallen where he was wounded, we are not freebooters. We have a duty here."


HP: 11/11 AC 16/14/12: F+3, R +4 W+1, Per:+1, Init: +6, Arrows: 57, B. Arrows: 20

"I have a feeling. What ever got him is close, and I'd rather find it now than when it's munching on my toes."

her voice is low and there is a good bit of concern in her voice, though it seems she's more worried about herself than the caravan.


Male Human Barbarian 1 (HP 11/17 / AC 16 )

"This man is none of our concern. What did this to him, well, that is another matter. If we can help him, so be it, but our duty is to the safety of our employer and his goods."

Krular keeps an eye on Ice, and turns to Gerald.

"What do you have to say about his, sir?"


Male Human Cleric 1

Jessop shakes his head. "He can moan and drag himself but not speak a single word in reply? It doesn't seem likely. I've found rationing your trust is far safer than assuming the best. Give him a wide berth until we're sure.


M Halfling Ftr 1+550 NG Dx18 Ch13 HP:10/10 AC:TD23-FD21-Norm17-Tch15-FF13
Jessop wrote:
Jessop shakes his head. "He can moan and drag himself but not speak a single word in reply? It doesn't seem likely. I've found rationing your trust is far safer than assuming the best. Give him a wide berth until we're sure.

"A ration, is enough to live on.", Lem parries. "Gardsin, please get him nearer the fire. And protect Jessop from him." Lem was facing away from them, but there was smile in his voice.

Grand Lodge

(Init +6 (Perc +7) Half-Orc Ranger lvl 1 (Hp 11 (AC 18/14/14 (F +3 (R +6 (W+3)

Stretching out Gardsin wakes, his face feels a bit sore, reaching up and rubbing against his sore cheek he wonders what might of happened untill he notices the party over about circling something, he scrambles to his feet, grabbing his mace forgetting the pain to his skull. "Aye, whats all the fuss??"
Getting close at last it takes a moment for his mind to put together whats going on without thought he addresses Lem's request eyeing the subject lying on the ground before he reaches to pick it up and pull it towards the fire.. not to worried about the blood.

gah had to stop by family's house after work wish I wouldn't've lol


Male Human Barbarian 1 (HP 11/17 / AC 16 )

I don't like the look of this.

Since the man is seemingly unconscious, Krular goes up to him and search his person for anything that might help us identify him or what did this to him.

Perception:
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

"Perhaps, we should bound him, heal him and question him. To see what he has to say for himself."


Male Human Cleric 1

Sighing, Jessop stows his weapon and moves to check on the man to see if there's anything that can be done. The cursed gods are a nuisance, but there are a few benefits as well.

I missed the part that he's unconscious. Well, in that case Jessop will be a bit more ready to help. He'll expend a Channel Energy to heal the man if he's not dead.

Grand Lodge

(Init +6 (Perc +7) Half-Orc Ranger lvl 1 (Hp 11 (AC 18/14/14 (F +3 (R +6 (W+3)

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22 heal
I'll try an stabilize em' best I can
Guards in attempts to tend to the mans wounds cleaning him up a king him up a bit


Male Enigma/20

Ice Eyes:
You quickly lose the trail and are forced to return to camp.

The mans wounds are closed by Jessop, yet he still remains unconcious. There are 4 straight slashes at even intervals across the back of the mans chainmail, and the entire right arm is completely devastated. Even with the healing, it is still a mass of deformed tissue.

Gardsin:

With the mans wounds closed by Jessop, you begin looking the man over for any other signs of distress. He is burning with fever, yet has no sweat anywhere on his body. This is odd not only because of the fever, but because he dragged himself Tal only knows how far in order to rach the outskirts of your camp. Knowledge Nature: 1d20 ⇒ 15: His wounds are inconsistent with any local wildlife, or any normal wildlife for that matter.


Male Enigma/20

Gerald walks over and rubs his hands together, and then looking to Krular says "Help him the ebst you can then. Keep an eye ouit.. As soon as dawn breaks I want us to be off... I don't like this no tone bit. My uncle fitch always said I had a nose for trouble and I'll tell you what this smells bad."

Krular:

You give the man a quick search and manage to turn up a steel amulet that has a the symbol of a heart etched into it. The only other thing he seems to have is a longsword attached at his belt

Grand Lodge

(Init +6 (Perc +7) Half-Orc Ranger lvl 1 (Hp 11 (AC 18/14/14 (F +3 (R +6 (W+3)

scratch that i'm not paying attention I guess.

Gardsin continues looking over the man, laying him near the fire and moving back with the party not so worried about the wounded man. He eyes the horizons looking for any signs of movement. Any hint of strangeness.

"Ye think we can be movin faster than that Gerald? I don't like things a can't see.." His words come out in more of a growl. He grabs his bow prepping it for anything.


Male Human Barbarian 1 (HP 11/17 / AC 16 )

Krular takes the steel amulet for future reference, and joins Gardsin in preparing for a suprise.


HP: 8/8 | AC: 12/T: 12/FF: 10 | CMD: 12 | F: 2/ R: 2/ W: 3 | Spell Save DC: 0: 13/ 1: 14 (+1 Conjuration) | Perc: +2 (+4 with Familiar) | Init: +2 |

" So much for a safe trip. " Malwyn says stepping up beside Krular and Gardsin, loading his crossbow. It takes him a couple of goes to get the string set. lucky I didn't expend any of my spells yesterday. I'll have to plan to get up earlier. Szarka swoops down and lands on his shoulder. " Cawldn't spot any thing Malwyn. " Malwyn helps with keeping a look out.

Prepared Spells:
Cantrips: Detect Magic, Light, Mage hand.
1st: Grease, Sleep, Enlarge Person.

With Szarka in arms reach Malwyn gains the alertness feat (+2 Perception and sense motive.


M Halfling Ftr 1+550 NG Dx18 Ch13 HP:10/10 AC:TD23-FD21-Norm17-Tch15-FF13

With the loss of light as Jessop turns, Lem commands the Hound to Guard the Lady, then turns to look back toward the camp. When he sees Master Bright readying to move on without making a breakfast first, he sighs, and says to Ice, "We'll not have time, I think, to follow far. And if we were, we'd be better in our armors. So, to camp?"

If Ice agrees, Lem will give the hound some jerky and water while he armors it, then armor himself, then saddle the Hound.

Grand Lodge

(Init +6 (Perc +7) Half-Orc Ranger lvl 1 (Hp 11 (AC 18/14/14 (F +3 (R +6 (W+3)

"Well I con't say I expected a quiet one" he grumbles in response to Malwyn's comment. "Lets 'elp out wit da carts get goin faster eh?"

"C'mon Lem, Icey" Gardsin voice travels out echoeing slightly in the distance. Let's get!


HP: 8/8 | AC: 12/T: 12/FF: 10 | CMD: 12 | F: 2/ R: 2/ W: 3 | Spell Save DC: 0: 13/ 1: 14 (+1 Conjuration) | Perc: +2 (+4 with Familiar) | Init: +2 |

" I was hoping I'd left danger behind me... Those are some big gashes in his armour. " Placing his crossbow down nearby Malwyn helps with the packing up. Not a minute goes by that he doesn't lookup and around though.

Prepared Spells:

Cantrips: Detect Magic, Light, Mage hand.
1st: Grease, Sleep, Enlarge Person.


M Halfling Ftr 1+550 NG Dx18 Ch13 HP:10/10 AC:TD23-FD21-Norm17-Tch15-FF13

Lem and the Hound accompany the Lady back to camp at Gardsin's summons. After preparing the Hound and himself for possible battle, Lem clears the space used previously for sitting and card playing, arranging it for a patient, and a physician or perhaps two. "We'll be walking.", Lem declares, "It can't be helped, but if we're set upon, it will be better that we were. Walking, I mean. Not set upon."

Seeing how many folk are ranging, or ready to...

Lem sets his pocketed staff along the side of the wagon, where he could reach it while riding by, mounted, and sets to scouting with his lance ready.


HP: 11/11 AC 16/14/12: F+3, R +4 W+1, Per:+1, Init: +6, Arrows: 57, B. Arrows: 20

Ice wears leather armor, so she can sleep in it and living all by your lonesome breeds a certain paranoia, so she normally wears it while sleeping.

Ice helps Lem gird and his mount for battle all the while nervously looking about.

"I'll be staying close to the wagons. I don't like this feeling I've got."

True to her word, She walks with her bow ready to snap up and loose pointy death on anything that pops up.

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17


M Halfling Ftr 1+550 NG Dx18 Ch13 HP:10/10 AC:TD23-FD21-Norm17-Tch15-FF13
Ice Eyes wrote:


"I'll be staying close to the wagons. I don't like this feeling I've got."

Lem nods. "We two are better riding about. Your eyes can sweep, his nose must have a scent come to him, so we ride about, to cross more winds. If trouble finds us, we'll return within reach of your bow. If it finds you, we'll return within reach of my lance." He smiles brightly.


HP: 11/11 AC 16/14/12: F+3, R +4 W+1, Per:+1, Init: +6, Arrows: 57, B. Arrows: 20

"O-okay."

She doesn't like the prospect of being exposed, but she can't really find an good objection. She patrols forward of the caravan going off to the sides to clear the flanks as well.

perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21


Male Human Cleric 1

"We've kept this man from dying, but I think he needs better care than we could give him. We should load him up and continue on. The faster we get him to the city the better."

I guess we're just waiting on Trup now?


M Halfling Ftr 1+550 NG Dx18 Ch13 HP:10/10 AC:TD23-FD21-Norm17-Tch15-FF13
Ice Eyes wrote:

"O-okay."

She doesn't like the prospect of being exposed, but she can't really find an good objection. She patrols forward of the caravan going off to the sides to clear the flanks as well.

[dice=perception]1d20+1

"Oh! Dear, brave Lady, I did not mean the we of you and I; I meant the Hound and I. You truly should remain with the carts, if not on them, where your arrows might reach furthest, and defend against attack from any direction."

I see I was less than clear. Lem intends to scout around on the Hound, without anyone else of the party. Gee, when I say it like that, it's kinda dumb... :)


Male Enigma/20

You move out, Gerald seems to have his mouth running nonstop as you once again begin the journey, whether nervousness or just his general habit you aren’t sure. Either way it doesn’t affect any of you as he hardly waits for a response and seems to answer his own questions. Dawn breaks and lights up the great plains around you. With the morning comes the heat. You are all a little relieved to know that some of the danger has passed. The man you have rescued however seems to have taken a turn for the worse. The man’s skin has grown pale, and his veins stand out against the skin in his head in face. The most concerning thing about this being that the veins are pitch black, not blue.

The day passes by fairly quickly and soon the sun hangs low in the sky as the landscape around you finally begins to change. The sparsely vegetated plains of the savannah are slowly beginning to give way to the dense foliage of the jungle.

Suddenly several loud howls pierce air. You may have not even paid this notice were it not for the reaction of your nearly dead passenger. At the sound of the howls he sits up screaming bloody murder and clawing at his armor.

Gerald looks back his eyes wide as he shouts ”Somebody do something!”

Grand Lodge

(Init +6 (Perc +7) Half-Orc Ranger lvl 1 (Hp 11 (AC 18/14/14 (F +3 (R +6 (W+3)

Gardsin jumps up into the wagon (grappling if the man resists CMB: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14) in an attempt to hold the man down and try to keep him calm. Durring this time what does he notice about the rabid man?
perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16Intelligence: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21 anything in particular to whats going on? Possibly stories Gardsin may have heard about this strange attitude combined with pitch black veins.

"Whut is it Gerald!?" Most of Gardsin's attention was to the struggling man at the moment (did he see what was howling with his perception by chance?)

Grand Lodge

(Init +6 (Perc +7) Half-Orc Ranger lvl 1 (Hp 11 (AC 18/14/14 (F +3 (R +6 (W+3)

sorry intelligence roll was at a -1


Male Enigma/20

Grapple - You manage to barely just subdue the man down, yet he keeps screaming and fighting against you.

Gardsin:

Perception - His eyes are open, and they are pitch black.

Int - You have heard stories of this, though have never seen it. You believe it may be an early form of mutation due to corruption. If thats true, your all in a lot of danger.

51 to 100 of 368 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Opening All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.