Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Dark Hearts (Inactive)

Game Master Trup


1 to 50 of 368 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

Male Enigma/20

You have all found yourselves in western Druin, in the small city of Ri A Ko. It is one of the last bastions of Druinite power this close to the Wild-lands. As of this moment you are currently hired on as bodyguards to a merchant’s caravan owned by a curious Halfling who goes by the name Gerald Bright. Gerald has promised to pay you 200 GP each for reaching the Steel lands safely and another 300 for reaching The Holy Land. He also offers to keep you supplied with food and water as long as you stay on with the Caravan

The plan is to travel along the Pilgrimage road for 1 week before reaching Fort Steel Heart, a fort that sits watching over western travellers entering the Steel Lands. After Fort Steel Heart, it is another 3 days before reaching the Capital of the Steel Lands, Haven. Gerald promises the first payment when Haven is reached.

The preparations for the journey proceed swiftly, with Gerald overseeing most of it personally. Finally the day of departure arrives and Gerald assembles all of you next to his 2 wagons. ”Ok everyone, as you all know, your job is to protect me first, and my wares second. I know you really haven’t gotten to know each other that well since I hired you all, so go ahead and get acquainted while I make sure we have everything for the journey. Also double check your gear because I am NOT coming back because someone forgot their favorite toy. That is never happening to me again! ….. Ahem. Anyways. Yeah. I’ll be back.”

With the Gerald is off to make his final checks and you are left standing with only each other.


Male Human Barbarian 1 (HP 11/17 / AC 16 )

I have made sure my whole character sheet is accurate, and I swapped my skill point in swim for one in local, as it seems to fit Krular's search for knowledge.

"Seems easy enough, though I am trying to think of what I know of the regions we will be traveling through. I wonder what this little fellow has in these wagons of his."

Krular recalls what he knows of the Pilgrimage Road, Fort Steel Heart and the Steel Lands.

Knowledge Local:

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

He then walks over the the wagons and looks to see what he can see within them.

Grand Lodge

(Init +6 (Perc +7) Half-Orc Ranger lvl 1 (Hp 11 (AC 18/14/14 (F +3 (R +6 (W+3)

two Halflings in one day?? His entire life he had not once seen a halfling yet here is two together.. maybe they know each other? Before even really thinking he turns to Lem

"You know this merchant?" His eyes show that of curiosity.. or confusion really...

His equipment was pretty much ready as he doesn't usually need much, even so he could be caught checking through his belongings just to be sure. Scanning over his weapons for more then normal wear and tear.
He's no stranger to being a body guard really. Really to him this was a good way to travel fast, make a bit of money, and possibly learn something new about this world.

This group he was with though, this seemed different somehow

Turning to Krular

"heh.. In a short while it seems he'll have four over eager piles of flesh.. I'm sure we'll see our fare share of his... wares" {not a huge fan of doing rhymes like that...} Leaning in a bit closer to Krular smirking a bit "wonder if any of it's loose?"


Male Human Cleric 1

Jessop half-hops, half-crawls his way onto the back of one of the caravans, tossing his weapon and shield unceremoniously behind him. "This," he says, rapping a cloth-wrapped knuckle on his chestplate. "This is heavy."

With that, he awkwardly reaches over and tugs off a boot. A small stone falls out. Jessop scowls and begins lazily pulling the boot back on.

As it mentioned in his backstory, Jessop is traveling with the caravan because his destination is the Holy Lands. He hopes someone there will be able to "unbless" him.


HP: 8/8 | AC: 12/T: 12/FF: 10 | CMD: 12 | F: 2/ R: 2/ W: 3 | Spell Save DC: 0: 13/ 1: 14 (+1 Conjuration) | Perc: +2 (+4 with Familiar) | Init: +2 |

Malwyn leans against the wagon checking the pockets of his calf length overcoat and counting off spell components in his head. Then he checks his food and water, throwing a price of jerky to Szarka. While he's checking his gear he states a little confused by their employers words. " If it was my caravan I wouldn't bother going back so someone could pick up a child's plaything they'd forgotten. " He seems similarly lost with Gardsin's comment " Eager flesh? " Last of all he checks his daggers and his crossbow. " Where do you come from Jessop? " He asks attempting to make conversation.


Male Enigma/20

Hahaha, I am really looking forward to how Malwyn and Jessop Interact

Krular:
There are many crates of varying shapes and sizes nearly overflowing from the first wagon. The second wagon is only half full of crates, leaving room for 3 or 4 people to sit comfortably.

Pilgrimage Road - is a road that begins in western Druin and extends to the Capital of the Holy Land. Although only officially starting in western Druin, many travelers enjoy using the phrase “Travelling the Pilgrimage road” to refer to their journey into the Holy Land.

Fort Steel Heart – You know little about the Fort except that it is one of the largest Forts within the Steel lands.

Steel Lands – This land was originally referred to as just another part of the Wild-lands, and though several villages and towns dotted the landscape, the land was still dangerous. A mercenary group known as the Steel legion arrived and began clearing away all danger and establishing a solid route through the Wild-lands for those seeking the Holy Land. Now, what the Steel Legion controls the have named the Steel Lands. The original warriors who defended the roads and area are still around to this day, they call themselves the Emerald Guard.

.


Male Human Cleric 1

Jessop slumps in on himself, looking for all the world like he might fall right asleep if given the chance. "Can we not do that? Pretend we're here to be friends? Let's just get from here to there with no fuss."

Harsh words and Jessop is a little guilty for the tone, but he didn't sleep well last night and the crick in his neck is killing him.


M Halfling Ftr 1+550 NG Dx18 Ch13 HP:10/10 AC:TD23-FD21-Norm17-Tch15-FF13

"Well and honestly spoken!", Lem exclaims in response to Jessop. "Hasn't a man a right to just do his labors, and be on about his business? I'd say he does. Or she. So Jessop, you'll have no intrusion by me into your suffering. But if you find, in the long hours between here and there, that you'd have it differently, know that I think you have that right, as well."


Male Human Barbarian 1 (HP 11/17 / AC 16 )

Krular tosses his pack full of most of his gear into the second wagon.

Speaking softly to Gardsin
"Whatever it is, it's sealed up. For now."

He climbs up into the wagon, takes a seat, and rests his greatsword across his lap, with his shortbow by his side.

"I don't know about all of you, but I'm going to take all the rest I can get. This voyage may prove taxing."

He pulls his hood over his eyes and gets comfortable.


HP: 11/11 AC 16/14/12: F+3, R +4 W+1, Per:+1, Init: +6, Arrows: 57, B. Arrows: 20

IDIOT! How could you have slept so long past sun up?

White hair trails behind her head like streamers in the wind as she sprints through the crowd. She spins between hagglers and dodges hawkers with grace. Curses, colorful and unheard are shouted at her back. She sees none of that. All she sees is her last chance slipping away.

Lungs scream and muscles groan, but she doesn't let up. Endurance born of desperation allows her to push onward. Just as she's afraid that the caravan was long gone, she spots the unmistakable wagons. Her pace starts to slow as she gets closer, until she comes to a stop next to the others. She drops her pack to the ground, but her arrows and bow stay strapped to her back. She's bent over clutching her knees and gasping for breath.

"*Hah* Oh good, *Hah* *Hah* You haven't *Hah* left yet."


HP: 8/8 | AC: 12/T: 12/FF: 10 | CMD: 12 | F: 2/ R: 2/ W: 3 | Spell Save DC: 0: 13/ 1: 14 (+1 Conjuration) | Perc: +2 (+4 with Familiar) | Init: +2 |
Jessop wrote:

Jessop slumps in on himself, looking for all the world like he might fall right asleep if given the chance. "Can we not do that? Pretend we're here to be friends? Let's just get from here to there with no fuss."

Harsh words and Jessop is a little guilty for the tone, but he didn't sleep well last night and the crick in his neck is killing him.

Malwyn pushes off the side of the wagon and turns his head to look at Jessop. " Fair enough, I suppose. " He carefully places his pack in the wagon and addresses Krular. " Do you know much about the lands we'll travel through? Is it likely to be dangerous? "


M Halfling Ftr 1+550 NG Dx18 Ch13 HP:10/10 AC:TD23-FD21-Norm17-Tch15-FF13
Ice Eyes wrote:

Her pace starts to slow as she gets closer, until she comes to a stop next to the others. She drops her pack to the ground, but her arrows and bow stay strapped to her back. She's bent over clutching her knees and gasping for breath.

"*Hah* Oh good, *Hah* *Hah* You haven't *Hah* left yet."

"We're not all right yet. Once you're all 'right', nothing else to do but 'left'. It's like, we were not all here, once we are all here, we'll be gone. That's logic.", Lem beams at her.


HP: 11/11 AC 16/14/12: F+3, R +4 W+1, Per:+1, Init: +6, Arrows: 57, B. Arrows: 20

"Logic is mad then."

The woman straightens up and looks at those assembled before grabbing her pack off the ground and attempting to put on the wagon.

Attempting being the keyword. She instead stumbles forward on wobbly legs and knocks the breath out of her lungs as she slams into the back of it. after a couple of moments of wheezing, she finally manages to get her pack up into the wagon and looks at the others.

"I think I'm gonna need to ride for a bit. Legs're a bit wobbly."

Sorry if it's too over the top, but she just sprinted from the inn to the caravan. I think she's not going to be steady for a while.


Male Human Cleric 1

"Well look at that," Jessop says through a yawn. "The chatty halfling has a girl weak in the knees."

He scoots over to make room for the young woman, then settles in, kicking his legs idly.

Grand Lodge

(Init +6 (Perc +7) Half-Orc Ranger lvl 1 (Hp 11 (AC 18/14/14 (F +3 (R +6 (W+3)

'This trip may prove interesting yet' The half-orc looks at the group finally together before him. He waits leaning against the wagon. His hand digging into his belt pouch to snack away on some more of his own jerky.

He stays quiet for now only scanning around the area awaiting the return of the other halfling before he would join the group on the last spot, assuming there really was one, either way was fine with him.


HP: 11/11 AC 16/14/12: F+3, R +4 W+1, Per:+1, Init: +6, Arrows: 57, B. Arrows: 20
Jessop wrote:

"Well look at that," Jessop says through a yawn. "The chatty halfling has a girl weak in the knees."

He scoots over to make room for the young woman, then settles in, kicking his legs idly.

"He didn't do this to me. I ran a long way."

Jessop's jab goes right over Ice's head. She does pull herself up into the wagon after unshouldering her bow and placing it out of the way. Once she's seated she grabs the longbow and checks over it before leaning it against her shoulder and moving the longsword at her hip into a more comfortable position.

Strange, people keep telling me I'm an idiot, but it seems the people here are dumber than me by far.


M Halfling Ftr 1+550 NG Dx18 Ch13 HP:10/10 AC:TD23-FD21-Norm17-Tch15-FF13
Jessop wrote:

"Well look at that," Jessop says through a yawn. "The chatty halfling has a girl weak in the knees."

He scoots over to make room for the young woman, then settles in, kicking his legs idly.

"Are you...?" Lem begins, searching for the right words, "Actually trying to be offensive? To me, or to the lady? Or only, to impune my masculinity? I can ignore your opinion of me, would do, in fact, but if you are wanting to offend, I could oblige you, by being offended. In the interest of working well together, I'll let the decision be yours, this time."

Grand Lodge

(Init +6 (Perc +7) Half-Orc Ranger lvl 1 (Hp 11 (AC 18/14/14 (F +3 (R +6 (W+3)

"Let's play a card game" Gardsin interrupts, hoping up into the cart and slapping a deck of cards down in an open spot on the wagon. He puts on a smile and looks around at the other faces. He saw no good coming from the current conversation and he sees that as no way to start a long trip.

"Lem you'll start, this one I know as Back alley, learned it myself at a tavern in Korsko" He smiles dealing out all the cards and describing the game to all. "Course' I might be changin the game if Krular der won't wake.."


Male Enigma/20

Gerald rounds the wagons smiling broadly and clapping his hands together. "Everything is in order! We will be leaving immediately! I hope everyone double checked their gear and we are all ready tooo...." Gerald trails off and cocks his head in the direction of Ice Eyes. "Were you here before? I suppose it's entirely possible I missed you... or maybe you were hiding! My last companions always did love a good game of hide and seek. I'll have you know now that life is far behind me, I no longer seek the hidden. Was always terrible at it you know....Ahem. Anyways, load up!"

As soon as every has loaded up their gear Gerald takes his place on the lead wagon gather up the reins and urges the horses into movement. Your journey has begun.


HP: 11/11 AC 16/14/12: F+3, R +4 W+1, Per:+1, Init: +6, Arrows: 57, B. Arrows: 20

Ice Eyes tries to respond, but can't for lack of a large enough pause. She looks in confusion from Lem to Gerald several times before asking,

"Why did he ask a question of me if he didn't wish to hear the answer?"


Male Human Barbarian 1 (HP 11/17 / AC 16 )
Malwyn said wrote:
" Do you know much about the lands we'll travel through? Is it likely to be dangerous? "

At the sound of Gerald's arrival Krular stirs and sits up.

"The land we will be travelling through has a reputation. It's been dangerous in the past, but a few groups are around keeping order to the place. Most notably the Emerald Guard and the Steel Legion. They may keep order, but I wouldn't trust them farther then I can throw 'em."

As the wagons begin to move Krular is obviously uncomfortable with the rocking of the wagon. He hops out with his shortbow over his back, and his greatsword leaning against his shoulder.

He keeps pace with Ice Eyes.

"Thought you were a huntress? Aren't you the sort to be awake at ungodly early hours, so as to not miss your precious prize?"

He calls out to Gardsin, "Perhaps when we have a chance to break camp, I'll hold you up to that game of Back Alley!"


M Halfling Ftr 1+550 NG Dx18 Ch13 HP:10/10 AC:TD23-FD21-Norm17-Tch15-FF13
Ice Eyes wrote:

Ice Eyes tries to respond, but can't for lack of a large enough pause. She looks in confusion from Lem to Gerald several times before asking,

"Why did he ask a question of me if he didn't wish to hear the answer?"

"He hadn't thought, before he asked. Then he distracted himself from the question, because a really important question will remind you of itself. But it wasn't an important question, just a way of noticing you. So he was really just being polite. Confusing, but polite." Lem carefully examines the details of the woman's attire and visible equipments. "I guess you would be nearer to home, further from houses?"


M Halfling Ftr 1+550 NG Dx18 Ch13 HP:10/10 AC:TD23-FD21-Norm17-Tch15-FF13

Hadn't meant to give Gardsin a miss

Gardsin wrote:

"Let's play a card game" Gardsin interrupts, hoping up into the cart and slapping a deck of cards down in an open spot on the wagon. He puts on a smile and looks around at the other faces. He saw no good coming from the current conversation and he sees that as no way to start a long trip.

"Lem you'll start, this one I know as Back alley, learned it myself at a tavern in Korsko" He smiles dealing out all the cards and describing the game to all. "Course' I might be changin the game if Krular der won't wake.."

"Back Alley? Oh, Back o' Rat? It is a strange name. Heard it called Black Rat or Black Jack, also. Simple enough game. Nobody can go over a number, everyone tries to get higher than the dealer. That game?"

Grand Lodge

(Init +6 (Perc +7) Half-Orc Ranger lvl 1 (Hp 11 (AC 18/14/14 (F +3 (R +6 (W+3)

Krular
"For sure Krular"

Lem
"haha oh no no not Black Jack" Gardsin sits in the back of the wagon fanning some of the cards. "A'fore we deal our cards out we split the deck and look at one to see which ones the trump yeh? Afer that I deal thirteen tah each of us. We go 'round and throw one card down at a time. The highest of cards wins the trick. Yer o'jective is to be gettin the highest amounta tricks... If ya wanna lay down some money ye's can after ya deal, gotta predict how many tricks you'll be takin. We could still play just da two o' us if ye wants"

that 'accent' won't be difficult to read for you all will it? let me know and I'll bring it back to normal talk.

Gardsin looks out the back as he talks to Lem, watching as the city gets smaller and smaller. He feels a bit better finally being away from it, chatting away with the halfling bringing up maybe a couple different games as option he starts snacking on his rations from his pouch, offering up a bit for Lem.


M Halfling Ftr 1+550 NG Dx18 Ch13 HP:10/10 AC:TD23-FD21-Norm17-Tch15-FF13

Accent is fine by me, and I know it's part of the fun.

"Oh! Whistles! That I know. We ought to teach it to the lady. But not for money, just yet." He settles in to play the game, but tries to teach between plays. "Everyday, in the Shire, there's something we'll need more than usual. That's called the 'Trump'. Say, 'Ducks'. But meanwhile, we still need other things, like, say, Chickens. So if Ma sends you for chickens, you'd better bring chickens, but if you can't find any chickens, and Ducks are Trump that day, you can still get desert for bringing a Duck. All them as brought chickens, they'll be mad at you, stealing the glory with your Duck, but Ma makes the best deserts. So, if it's a Duck Trump, and we're looking for Chickens, you might play your fattest Chicken. If you don't have any Chickens, you can play a Duck. If two people play Ducks, the fattest Duck wins. Anything besides Chickens and Ducks, doesn't matter at all, that round. Next round, we might be after Chickens again, or Hounds, or Shovels, or even Ducks. Whoever got the desert last round, decides that by what they play..."

Grand Lodge

(Init +6 (Perc +7) Half-Orc Ranger lvl 1 (Hp 11 (AC 18/14/14 (F +3 (R +6 (W+3)

I'm just trying to imagine what it might be like talking with two teeth sticking up from your jaw...

Garsin looks at Lem, his mouth hung slightly agap the expression in his dark eyes showing that of confusion.

"so.." He pausing scratching a finger to his skull "ya didn't 'ave cards?" The half-orcs brain wasn't quiet understanding what Lem was saying as they began playing.


HP: 11/11 AC 16/14/12: F+3, R +4 W+1, Per:+1, Init: +6, Arrows: 57, B. Arrows: 20

Kular: Ice seems to be catching her breath a bit, seeing as her words are a little easier to hear and not being slurred together.

"Yes, but only a fool hunts in darkness if he cannot see in it. I have never slept in a, a... What was it again? A bed. I have never slept in a bed before. It was comfortable and slept well. Too well I didn't awake until the sun was high in the sky."

Lem: "Yes. The mountains are my home, but game is growing scarce. I came to Ri A Ko looking for work so I can eat."

When he begins explaining how the game works, she looks as confused as Gardsin.

"What do ducks and chickens have to do with cards and games?"


Male Human Barbarian 1 (HP 11/17 / AC 16 )

"hmmm, Lem, I believe our friends here need some instruction in your rhetoric. Seems to me they are unfamiliar with the familiars of your custom. I've done a job or two with a few of you, so I have heard you little folk speak in riddles. Our new acquaintances, here, I believe have not.

He seems happy to be on the same level as Lem, and able to offer a few rhymes himself, even though he is somewhat of a brute.
Krular sits in to play, although he has played many times before, and calls the game by another name, 3 fists to the twist, he offers no further instruction to those who do not know the rules.


M Halfling Ftr 1+550 NG Dx18 Ch13 HP:10/10 AC:TD23-FD21-Norm17-Tch15-FF13

Lem looks back and forth between the gloriously gruesome Gardsin and the radiantly roseate Ice, both puzzled by his attempted explanation. The image comes to him of what they must be imagining, gathered shirefolk holding carefully-stacked hands of chickens, ducks, shovels and hounds...

"Bu.. no... Hahaha!", Lem laughs, "Cards. I mean the cards. Here, look, miss. The cards have types, and numbers..."

Grand Lodge

(Init +6 (Perc +7) Half-Orc Ranger lvl 1 (Hp 11 (AC 18/14/14 (F +3 (R +6 (W+3)

A smile to his toothy mouth he goes through the first game with Lem trying to explain things to Ice before dealing out to the other two.

"Swhat utter things you do in the shire Lem?"

Before long Gardsin looks to Jessop wondering if he'd like to join.

"oo knows da game o' B~$!!$@#?" a slight grin to his face as he shuffles away.

!!! Censored?? curses... oh ya that is one of the rules my apologies... it could be called "cheat" as well or "I doubt it"


M Halfling Ftr 1+550 NG Dx18 Ch13 HP:10/10 AC:TD23-FD21-Norm17-Tch15-FF13

[b]"Haven't been to the Shire in some years. What I did was herd sheep and race shephounds. Knock apples out of trees with a sling. Played a lot of Tater. But a Menayd's not a Menayd until we've gone and found a human to help out. So off it was to a cookery. But that's not me, it seems. Off to the alchemy. Not that, neither. Well, now I'm a houndsman, and a guard. And like as not, that'll be wrong, too. But I'm a Menayd, so I'm bound to try to be helpful. I'm fair with animals, I guess. Funny; I'm not good at much, but I'm a help for most anything. That's us Menayds; helpful."


Male Human Barbarian 1 (HP 11/17 / AC 16 )

Just a thought, how are we playing cards while the caravan is moving? Are we all gathered on the one wagon with room for 3 or 4? Or playing standing up as we walk?

In between hands, Krular scans the horizon and the surroundings for signs of trouble as well as anything interesting.

Trup:
What does the surrounding area look like? And I will go ahead and make a perception check for anything of interest.

Perception:

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17


M Halfling Ftr 1+550 NG Dx18 Ch13 HP:10/10 AC:TD23-FD21-Norm17-Tch15-FF13

After a hand or two of cards, with the sense of city fading from the road, Lem stands, and sighs. "This was great fun. More later, I hope." He checks his odd little rapier and the strangely-curved knife on his belt, then settles a long unpennanted lance at the outside of the wagon's cargo area, its hilt projecting most of two feet forward. "Please, leave that be there.", he says a bit grimly, and, whistling for the attention of his warhound, he takes up his odd pocketed staff. As the beast comes alongside the wagon, Lem jumps into the saddle, and gives a sort of salute, driving the staff down, up, and forward, the tensed pocket humming in the wind. The dog seems to know what this means, and it rushes forward, carrying the houndsman ahead of the paired wagons.

Shouted exchange in Hobbitese:
"Wish me luck!", Lem called to the caravan owner. "I wish you _boredom_!", came the traditional, proper, reply.


HP: 8/8 | AC: 12/T: 12/FF: 10 | CMD: 12 | F: 2/ R: 2/ W: 3 | Spell Save DC: 0: 13/ 1: 14 (+1 Conjuration) | Perc: +2 (+4 with Familiar) | Init: +2 |

Malwyn walks along behind the second wagon. He knew about card games of course but he had never found the time to play one, perhaps tonight. He watches the others play trying to pick up the rules though he can't see the cards and periodically looking around as Krular does.

Perception:
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


HP: 11/11 AC 16/14/12: F+3, R +4 W+1, Per:+1, Init: +6, Arrows: 57, B. Arrows: 20

After losing at every hand, quiet badly, she watches Lem move to scout ahead. She's caught her breath and is much steadier this time when she hops off the wagon after gathering her bow.

"I'll cover the flanks."

With that she begins scouting first one side of the road, then the other.

perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15


Male Human Barbarian 1 (HP 11/17 / AC 16 )

Seeing the others get in position, Krular takes his greatsword and walks to the head of the column. Periodically scanning the surroundings.

"I've got point."


Male Human Cleric 1

Jessop watches the others moving to action, thinks about joining them, but ultimately decides that a central position would be more advantageous. Fortunately, he notes that he's already in a fine spot near the middle of the convoy and is content to remain in his place until such time as he's needed elsewhere. Very content indeed.


M Halfling Ftr 1+550 NG Dx18 Ch13 HP:10/10 AC:TD23-FD21-Norm17-Tch15-FF13

"You don't suppose... they're needing us..., back there?... Do you... Hound?", Lem asked the trotting hound, between galumphs. He was speaking very softly, and in Hobbitese, though well forward in his saddle, putting his weight more across the hound's shoulders than the barrel, so he knew the hound heard him.

But he didn't respond. Just trotted on. Which might have been his answer, Lem reasoned.

"It's just... the two,... that I worry... about...", the halfling mused, sweeping the roadsides ahead (and to the side, Lem was quite proud to be so canny) with a dutiful but unpracticed eye. The Hound snuffed in agreement. Unless he hadn't.

Lem shifted his weight back, and the hound slowed his trot, then stopped. And snuffed. And snuffed again, nose to the wind. "That far away?", Lem reasoned. "Friend or Foe?", he asked the Hound.

The Hound snuffed again, but didn't answer.

"I'll take that as a yes.", Lem said, scritching at the Hound's ears.


Male Enigma/20

Each of you sees nothing out of the ordinary on the savannah plains. The sun beats down on each of you as the journey progresses. Hours pass with no rest stops, and sweat pours freely over your bodies. Mercifully, night finally falls, and Gerald brings the wagons to a stop. He leaps down from his comfy seated position and smiles. ”Heck of a first day if I do say so myself. I brought two tents for everyone to share, so play nice!”

The totally care free halfling pulls out a small personal tent for himself and points out where the other two tens for your party are.
Let me know your watch order, if any.

Grand Lodge

(Init +6 (Perc +7) Half-Orc Ranger lvl 1 (Hp 11 (AC 18/14/14 (F +3 (R +6 (W+3)
Krular wrote:
Just a thought, how are we playing cards while the caravan is moving? Are we all gathered on the one wagon with room for 3 or 4? Or playing standing up as we walk?

Ya know you bring a good point and I had thought about that while at work really. Said fit 3 or 4 comfortably right? so I'm sure we could squeeze in there one way or another.

the others take position, forming up along the small convoy. Gardsin takes to sitting against the back rail of the wagon, simply making sure his bow is propped against him. He fiddles with an arrow pulled from his quiver.

Looking to Jessop he gives a nod before he lets his eyes roam back down till they meet the feathered end of his arrow again.

Grand Lodge

(Init +6 (Perc +7) Half-Orc Ranger lvl 1 (Hp 11 (AC 18/14/14 (F +3 (R +6 (W+3)

Welp.. I aint tired as a' now, gotta bita rest on the cart. I'll offer to take first watch?" The half-orc hops out of the wagon, rather gracefully not making much sound as he lands on his thickskinned feet. Collecting what little items he has, laying out his bedroll in a decent open spot before standing back up to look around at the party.

Trup:
So safe to assume that the current surroundings are that of savannah/desert still? Also will you want us to be rolling the perception checks or is that something you might be doing back there? I mean anyone on watch would most likely being making active perception checks throughout their time right?


M Halfling Ftr 1+550 NG Dx18 Ch13 HP:10/10 AC:TD23-FD21-Norm17-Tch15-FF13

Lem is seemingly everywhere as camp is being set. Staking a tent, need a mallet? There he is, with the mallet.

"I've no special eye for the dark.", he says without preamble, "None of us would, save you, Gardsin. So we'll be depending on light; the fire, or magics. So rest when you like, but do wait for dinner. Gonna put the kettle on."

Lem unsaddles and waters the Hound before unpacking an actual teakettle, which he fills with water and leaves and puts near where he guesses a fire might be made. "After dinner, we'll patrol a circle in the fading light, the Hound and I. And plan another at false dawn. We'll sleep in between, if there's no other plans for us?"


Male Enigma/20

I will not roll perception for your characters, but I will call for a perception roll depending on who is on watch if/when a event should occur


Male Human Cleric 1

As dark sets in, Jessop conjures a golden orb of light that floats just above his hand. He does his best to keep it raised until camp and the fire is made, then he moves on to checking the caravans rigging for any wear and tear in need of maintenance as well as seeing to it everyone has fresh water.

They're duties in need of doing, and the sooner he gets them over with the sooner he can try to get some sleep. The gods, they love to wake him early.

"Speaking of dinner, what's on the menu tonight?" he asks with a tired but friendly smile. Easy days make for happy nights.

Grand Lodge

(Init +6 (Perc +7) Half-Orc Ranger lvl 1 (Hp 11 (AC 18/14/14 (F +3 (R +6 (W+3)

Lem
hmm I fergots you alls don't see so well in tha dark... Maybe I ought ta take my watch when the moon is its highest?
He sets himself on his bedroll, laying looking up into the night as he waits and yeh, what ya 'ave cookin there? Mah tums been grumblin fer a while now..


M Halfling Ftr 1+550 NG Dx18 Ch13 HP:10/10 AC:TD23-FD21-Norm17-Tch15-FF13

After Jessop, Gardsin

More shouted Hobbit:
"The Bigs are hungry! Need a hand?"

Gardsin
"Master Bright will be your provisioner. We've just left the city, it'll be city food, I'd guess. And for watches, let the moon hours be for those who need Her most. Be a bit in the first dark, before She rises. Then a bit as She sets, before the sun comes. Hound and I will be likewise. The magicians will need to sleep through, is my understanding. That leaves the high-moon hours for Mister Den'Xorhat and the Lady. I mean, if everyone agrees. Master Bright is counting on us, but I won't claim he's authoritized me."


Male Human Barbarian 1 (HP 11/17 / AC 16 )

If alls well with the party, I would take dawn watch. Naturally, I tend to wake in the early hours, see to things that needs be done. I find the morning air quick soothing. Although, if there be special needs for some of our friends, I'd take the midnight watch. Sometimes. I feel two nights are better than one.

Krular sees that he will have adequate room in his tent, and sets up his gear right outside, then helps make the fire, and, once camp is struck, he sits by the fire and hums a well known tune from his homeland.


HP: 11/11 AC 16/14/12: F+3, R +4 W+1, Per:+1, Init: +6, Arrows: 57, B. Arrows: 20

"Sounds good to me."

Ice sets up her bedroll outside the tent, obviously more comfortable under the stars than under canvas.


HP: 8/8 | AC: 12/T: 12/FF: 10 | CMD: 12 | F: 2/ R: 2/ W: 3 | Spell Save DC: 0: 13/ 1: 14 (+1 Conjuration) | Perc: +2 (+4 with Familiar) | Init: +2 |

Malwyn helps with setting up camp as best he can but most of the tasks involved are foreign to him and he ends up getting in the way more than anything. Tripping over a support rope for the tents just after it's stake had been hammered in. He looks inside of the tents checking their size. How will I ever sleep sharing so small a place with so many he shudders with the thought.

He's quite surprised as Jessop summons the globe but it puts him more at ease as no one makes a fuss about the magic. He sits down near the fire and takes a leather bound book from his pack opens it up and begins to study.

Grand Lodge

(Init +6 (Perc +7) Half-Orc Ranger lvl 1 (Hp 11 (AC 18/14/14 (F +3 (R +6 (W+3)

So we got watches set. Lem, Gardsin, Ice Eyes, Krular. 2 hours each? (if needed Lem could be a fifth if necessary.)

"I thinks I'll stay up through the first shift with ya Lem, I don't see no reason for me to shuttin my eyes whens i'm just gonna get back up in a bit."
During Gardsins time up, he snacks away on his jerky, if okay giving a piece to the hound. Chatting along trying to learn a bit more from the short fellow, if not getting rather annoying with his questions.
Making it to his own shift he'd likely pick a good overwatch spot and rest there for the most part, listening to the surroundings, if a bit of wildlife were to come out there is a chance he might hunt it down, to later dry the meats for more of his rations. Course he would make sure to not stray more than fifty feet or so from the campsite.

1 to 50 of 368 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Opening All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.