Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Dark Ages Vampire - Bloodlines

Game Master Dennis Harry

Bloodlines is a continuation of the now defunct table top Dark Ages Vampire game wherein the PC's have created lineal descendants throughout the ages.


1,901 to 1,950 of 4,584 << first < prev | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | next > last >>

Xing Shi:

Nothing I can do to resist that? Like spend a Willpower or something like that?

Xing Shi shakes her head a bit and looks at her contact all blurry eyed.

"How did you get in?"

Before he answers she stands placing her sword away and turns back to him.

"I spoke with the house head of Querini and he does not wish to have his son fall into a trap. He wants to know who you are, as do I, and what this business proposition is. Where you wish to meet this mark and if is to be a private meeting or more "public". You send me on this task with barely any info. I'm able to make contact and they throw 1000 questions at me which I can not answer. The men of this country think to highly of themselves."

She smirks at him slightly.


Hearing his brother's voice, Lorenzo opens the door. "What is wrong, brother? Something seems to have you upset."


Michael looks Gunther square in the eyes
"@#$/ if I know... I have explained everything to you I know. I havent requested this job member I was sought out for my so called lack of interest in small details. The gun never asks the shooter where or why the shot is being fired. Just point, shoot and execution.. that is my role no questions just execute after deal is agreed. that code has been broken and surely business for me will decline once discovered but rubbish to them I say... " Michael stands up on his feet "I know this is a horrible situation but guess what would have happened if the Doge went to one of my competitors in stead. I would in my bed cozy and you would be wandering the streets doing whatever you were doing, which you still havent confessed to me what that was about and by day like tomorrow you inn would have been festering with people which we havent determined is a good or bad thing yet. I am just trying to make best of the situation where we both come out on top. " Michaels anger bursts forth through the surface


Gunther remains seated and stares Michael down, but keeps his voice calm although anger can be detected underlining his tone.

"Sit down... friend. Do not dare to unleash your venom on me when the person you should be angry with is yourself for not thinking things through. Take responsibility for your actions instead of trying to justify your lack of ethics."

Gunther never breaks eye contact with Michael, having no intention of being cowed by him.

Dennis, I want to make an Intimidation roll at this point.

"You may need to reevaluate your code as your sense of professionalism and work ethics are questionable... and I strongly suggest you keep your wits about you, especially now that you see that you are dealing with some unscrupulous and also very dangerous people."

By the way, the first recorded use of a firearm wasn't until 1364; the shooter lit wicks by hand that ingnited gunpowder that was loaded into the gun barrel.

http://inventors.about.com/od/militaryhistoryinventions/a/firearms_2.htm


I am sure Curtis meant crossbow not gun :-)

I will check the rules for Intimidation check when I get home, I believe it is an opposed test.


Andrew the Hardy

You enter the Basilica and see that the inside is quite breathtaking. The murals depicting numerous saints adorn the walls of the church.

Gilded icons are stationed everywhere in this holy place. All is silent except for the flicker of candles lit to pray for one soul or another throughout the day perhaps for the soul of Venice itself which stands on the brink of war with the Holy See.

The pews are arranged as they are in any typical church facing forward to the altar. The altar is massive with an icon of Jesus Christ behind it on the wall. You feel this is a solemn holy place and it instantly lifts your spirits.

Seated in the front pew with head bowed is a lone man with a hood over his head.

Do you approach?


Xing Shi:
No nothing Iafter all you are only human...

"Your traps are not so clever as you think they are my dear".

He listens to your explanation with an impassive face, "Now I am certain that employing you was a mistake. You were to approach the target not his wily Patriarch. Very well, set up a meeting with this family Patriarch for tomorrow night and I will meet with him to assuage his fears. This may lead to great danger but there can be no risk without reward eh? I will meet you in the front of this building at this same time tomorrow night. If this fails I assure you that my recommendation on what to do with you will be less than pleasant".


Lorenzo Cappelli

Dominic rushes in. "Yes something is the matter. No everything is the matter. Can you not see that I have no wish to continue on as I do? Our father asked me to run the business with he and mother's passing but I never wanted it. Now you will be traveling the world?! This must not be. You must take me with you, let us experience this wide world together. I will liquidate the business and we can start fresh and anew as when we were young. What say you Lorenzo?"


approaches the lone man near the altar...

"Pardon my intrusion upon yer time wit tha Lord, but I am lookin fer a bit o guidance."


Xing Shi:

Xing Shi ignores his insult about her not being the right person for the job believing she could bisect him before he could react if she wanted but would prefer not to bloody up her resting grounds.

"I'll inform him and we will meet him together of his place of choosing so he feels completely safe. Since you are so good as getting past traps I'm sure any he may lay for us will be no problem for you if that is the case. Now if you don't mind I need to clean up a bit it's been a long day."

After he leaves I will do a quick "whore" bath and if it's not TOO late will head back to the patriarch place to get this over with.


Michael sits down once again angered but does not wish to provoke his friend any further
"I understand my business ethics knows no bounds and for many years these "dealings" have been the meat and potatoes of my businesses foundation. I do not regret my dealings but I never wished it would involve your establishment. I will figure this out. Our best course of action is to wait for "Hans" return. Than we can take a proper course of action.

gunther:

I did a search for when firearms were first used but what ive found was that they dated back to the 1100's cannons were widely use but personal firearms didnt catch on til about the 1300's ill see if I can find the article again but I figure its not a time period to far off so I used it in texted. I will check out the article you sent though it may bring more light to the subject for me.... I should have gone with my first instinct about a knife instead to avoid it.


Gunther make a Manipulation + Intimidation roll difficulty 6. Michael make a Willpower roll difficulty 6. If Gunther succeeds Michael will become more subdued for the remainder of the evening around Gunther. If Michael succeeds there is no effect as the attempt to intimidate will fail.


"Dominic, calm yourself. What has brought this on? You have never stated these opinions before. As much as I would like to help you, I can not. The journey I am about to make, I must make alone."


Storyteller Shadow:

Spoiler:

Manipulation(3)+Intimidation(2), Diff 6
5d10 ⇒ (8, 5, 5, 10, 10) = 38


Andrew the Hardy

The man sits back and looks i your direction lowering his hood as he does so. As his hood comes down you see the familiar collar of a man of the cloth. This Priest is an old man, his eyes look at you and you can see the worry crease his eyes. With a sigh his eyes open replaced by a look of concern for you.

"It is no bother my child, come sit tell me what troubles you that you would come to His house so late in the evening?"


Xing Shi

You head out into the night again donning the shadows as your mask. In the distance you see a strange fog settle over the docks but as this is not your destination you pay it little heed.

As you approach the area where the Patriarch told you he resided you see that there are several guards patrolling the area. It will not be easy to sneak in here this late at night.

What do you do?


Michael Santo Please make a Willpower roll difficulty of 6. The dice in your pool are equal to your willpower rating.


Lorenzo Cappelli

Dominic gives you a quirky stare one you have never seen from him before.

"What brought this on? My brother I love you so very much but for the last five years you have barely been with us. I have long been unhappy with my circumstances. With the passing of your beloved and then our dear parents I have done nothing but think of this. For ten years I have sat and watched others travel far and wide only to bring their wares here to the family storehouses. How mundane a life it is! I have longed to go off and do something else, anything else. I have no children and our sister is well cared for. Now you, my brother who was half dead will take up an adventure. No, I must be allowed to come with you. I will not take no for an answer! The world is a dangerous place you will need someone you can trust by your side".


"Dominic, this is not a decision that I have taken lightly. I must go,and go alone. I wish there was another way, but the decision of who goes when is not mine alone. You are acting crazed, you have always seemed content with your nightly 'conquests', does this lifestyle no longer suit your needs? My plans have changed a bit, I will not be leaving immediately as I had told you earlier. Go get some rest, brother, and I will see if what you seek is even remotely possible."


"Aye Friar twas this even'n i witnessed a soul incarnate, I prayed an tha soul says a child o tha lord here, then it warned me tah flee from a great evil tha had bound tha spirit. How ken a soul be bound gainst tha plan o God an forced tah serve evils?"

Looks deeply into the old mans eyes...
"Second saved mah life tha spirit did, so how ken a tomented soul be freed?"


Xing Shi will not sneak in. She walks up to the guards showing her face trying to look as normal as an Asian woman in Italy can look. When one of the guards questions her she will say.

"I am here to see Signor Querini. He is expecting me."


Willpower check4d10 ⇒ (5, 6, 8, 2) = 21


Lorenzo Cappelli

"I am not crazed brother. I am simply excited at the prospect of being free to see the world with you. While my conquests are all well and good I think that the time has come to experience a more exotic variety of woman. This trip will do just that I think! There is no danger I will not face with you at my side brother. Convince your traveling companion that I can be of great help. Please. I will go now Brother come see me tomorrow afternoon after you have talked to your companion".

With that he is off into the night leaving you home alone.


Lorenzo mutters to himself as he returns to his study, "This could be problematic at best..."


Michael Santo & Gunther Thesing

Michael you are cowed by Gunther's menacing tone. For the remainder of the evening you will settl ein a bit while he is around.

The two of you sit down and enjoy a delicious meal prepared by Anya though it is not a hot meal, no stoves in this place to cook by!

Time moves very slowly for the two of you. I will get back to you later.


Alessandro Khadaji

More time passes perhaps another full half hour, at this pint even your well trained muscles are beginning to feel cramped holding this position. The silence is finally broken by footsteps.

Three men exit from a set of stairs located at the stern of the ship. The first two men seem much more alert than the ones who currently stand around and stare down vacantly at the open hold.

The last man is the stuff that nightmares are made of. Shadow seems to cling to him as a cloak clings to a normal man. His face is pale with cruel eyes.

He barks out orders to the men standing around the hold. "Begin bringing up the next batch, they should be back soon and I don;t want time wasted".

At that they snap to action and begin to lower ropes into the hold. Two of the men grab a crossbow and aim it into the hold. Others begin gesturing into the hold.

Within a minute you see whta they are gesturing towards. Two women cling to the rope and speak in greek (if you understand it let me know) wailing something. As they get to the deck they are pulled off the rope and told to remain quiet.

A few of the men head towards port side and lower the gangplank. It seems their cargo hold is full of people!

As your thoughts race attempting to discern whatto do next the sound of a paddle striking water comes from the fog. Gondola's about a dozen of them pull up close to the ship from the canal. This must have been the sound you were hearing earlier of people being loaded and brought somewhere into the city.

Make a Perception + Awareness check difficulty 7. What else do you do?


Andrew the Hardy

The priests eyes go wide. "You witnessed a specter in your waking moments? My child are you sure that this is the case? Such is the work of the devil, black arts most foul would be involved. You must be sure of this though for false accusations will be looked at most unfavorably. Only through the power of our Lord and Savior can we free a soul whose torment is carried on beyond their natural timespan".


Xing Shi

The guardsman loooks you up and down. "My "lady" you should not be out walking alone these nights. There is danger afoot for any man or beast in these dangerous times we live in. I will check with the housemen to determine if you are expected. If not I will send some of my men to escort you home".

The guardsman motions for two of his men to head through the gates of the home to check your story out. That leaves you behind with the captain as well as one of his other men.

Do you do anything?


Michele Querini:
The gondola's push through the fog as quickly as they can no longer weighed down by their hidden cargo. You hear voices on the canal and it is clear they can hear your boats passing. Their frustrated voices at not having the boatmen stop brings chuckles from Santo's second.

Radek says nothing simply sitting on the gondola in a sullen manner. For a powerful sorcerer such as he his personality leaves much to be desired. Then perhaps one with so much power need not be social at all.

The gondola's arrive back at the end of the canal. It appears that the ship's crew is moving again unloading more of the "freight". A few of the passengers are even on the docks waiting being closely guarded by the Captain's men.

The fog seems to be dissapating as more of the ship can be seen. The Captain bellows out to you, "It is about time, hurry we wasted much of the night with the first load. It is time to get this delivery schedule back on track! Radek, we will need more cover".

With that the fog again rolls off of the sea in thick waves around the ship but it is light enough to ensure that the men working are not bothered by it. What do you do?


Alessandro Khadaji

As you consider your next move the Captain bellows out, "It is about time, hurry we wasted much of the night with the first load. It is time to get this delivery schedule back on track! Radek, we will need more cover".

With that the fog again rolls off of the sea in thick waves around the ship but it is light enough to ensure that the men working are not bothered by it.

It seems that whoever this Radek is wields magic most foul and is the source of this fog! Make a Courage roll as you know that you now face a man with otherworldly powers along with several crewmen and gondola boatmen!


"I have no doubts on tha nature o tha soul in bondage an tha instructions it had received an how upon mah prayers it did turn from tha task an bid me flee. I seek to make no accusations, I seek tah free tha soul from servitude an evil enslavement. A man's soul is not meant fer such."

"I meant fer yerself tah help me wit tha knowledge o what needs must be done."


Perception + Awareness: 3d10 + 1d10 ⇒ (8, 9, 9) + (2) = 28
Courage: 4d10 ⇒ (1, 5, 9, 8) = 23


Storyteller Shadow:
I will stay put as I am to me Sadir at the inn. Will take the ride back and forth.


I want to observe my surrounding area to see what is here and where other guards may be.
Perception + Awareness: 6d10 ⇒ (2, 9, 9, 2, 8, 2) = 32

"You say these are dangerous times and you are correct indeed. It was foolish of me to travel alone, I should have hired me a big strong man much like yourself." She smiles slyly at the guard captain.

"What type of payments are required for men of your caliber?"


Andrew the Hardy

"What you seek would require a deep understanding of His power and how we may vessels of His Divinity. I cannot explain to you how this can be done my son. I can offer you assistance with this matter. Do you believe that the Lord of this house has used the Black Arts to enslave this poor soul or is this a soul trapped here of its own human failings?"


"I am fer belivin tha soul is beholden tah a master tha has tha soul in thrall through dark magic, to whom tha soul is in thrall is beyond me, I prefer tah not bear false witness gainst tha house when tha soul might have been sent tah tha place fer purposes I know not."

"Too many battles rage in my homeland in tha structure o tha church, I mean not tah add more."

"Ken you then illuminate me upon bein a vessel?"


Alessandro Khadaji:
As you sharpen your focus on the man bellowing orders you realize he is no man at all but an Ekiminu, an evil spirit housed in the flesh of a man! You have faced their I'll before but with armed men and that creature with no aid.

As you consider your options the gondolas arrive and the fog rolls in brought in by the sorcerer. Fear seizes your heart but you push through to maintain your grip and hold your breathing steady. What to do?


Michele Querini

You observe as the men begin loading all over again.


Xing Shi

There are no other guards lurking around at least outside though there were patrols you avoided on the way here.

The lead guardsman smiles at you, "We serve the will of the Doge, you cannot afford our services milady. I suggest you simply restrict your business to the day".

As you wait for the guardsmen to get back you are delighted to see that the wait is short, in mere minutes the guard is back and you are given the go ahead to head to the house.


Storyteller Shadow
I will continue to observe. I think I will stay here and head back to the inn on the last load.


Andrew the Hardy

The priest shakes his head, "No my son. There is not sufficient time nor are you sufficiently vetted by the church such that I can teach you such mysteries. Come back on the morrow, I will speak to my superiors to determine the best course of action. Is this satisfactory?"


This is far more... serious than Alessandro expected. Feeling he must learn if thi ship is associated with business, the Doge or a family... he maintains his vigil, shifting slightly.

The ship is foreign, but the gondolas are a local resource.


"Tis acceptable I expect you tah not go against yer scruples an yah should know I'll not go gainst mine, so iffen tha spirit must be sought I must go as well."

"Will yah pray wit me afor I go tah my rest?"


Xing Shi will happily follow the guard toward the house making small talk until they get inside.


Andrew the Hardy

"Come to me on the morrow and we shall see what my superior shall say. I shall need you to bear witness. Yes, let us pray".

The priest prays with you before you go to your rest.


Alessandro Khadaji /b]

You watch as the gondolas are loaded with twenty four people hidden in false bottoms and brought into the city. A main stands on the dock watching the activity. He says nothing and does nothing as the boatmen push off though he does remain behind after.

The Captain calls down to him, [b] "Do you wish to come up? Rest assured Radek will ensure all goes well. This process is taking much longer than I expected, we will be lucky to be away before sunrise. Your Master will need to pay much more for this if does not proceed well".

Michele Querini:
You are the man on the dock.


Xing Shi

You are led into the magnificent home by a servant of the Patriarch. As a leading citizen this home is ostentatious. The decorations are tasteful and not overdone but the wealth is obvious al the same.

As you are an assassin and not an artiste you pay them little heed. The servant leads you to a room on the first floor which is muted in its show of wealth.

In the room is seated the Patriarch of the Querini household. He looks ip at you with a sleepy look in his eye, "You have roused me from my slumber woman, what news is so important it cannot wait for the sunrise?"


Xing Shi smiles at Querini bowing slightly.

"Sorry but I do not like to wait for mornings when I have news on my tongue now. My contractor has informed me he will meet with you tomorrow night your place of choice so you feel safe. He will discuss his proposition with you then. I will just need to know where you would like to meet so when the evening comes I can inform him and we will meet you there."


Storyteller Shadow:
"Yes. It is best if I wait up there with you."


Perception + Alertness, recognize local/man: 3d10 + 2d10 ⇒ (7, 2, 7) + (5, 10) = 31

1,901 to 1,950 of 4,584 << first < prev | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Bloodlines - A Dark Ages V20 Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.