Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Dark Ages Vampire - Bloodlines

Game Master Dennis Harry

Bloodlines is a continuation of the now defunct table top Dark Ages Vampire game wherein the PC's have created lineal descendants throughout the ages.


1,651 to 1,700 of 4,271 << first < prev | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | next > last >>

Xing Shi
Gino gives you his stupid grin. "Certainly. I am sure he will be happy to see you. There is more to you than meets the eye I think. Tell me who you really are or I will bed you no longer", he strains his voice to make it as commanding as possible.

Manipulation+Intimidation 3d10 ⇒ (1, 7, 4) = 12

Make a Willpower roll DC 6 to resist.

____________________________________

Alessandro Khadaji
Galeel nods in acknowledgement to your praises saying nothing further about them. In arabic, [i] "My sources tell me it is a rivalry between House Dandolo and House Querini. Bad blood which goes back some decades. The tensions within the city have heightened this rivalry and this is the second time blood has been spilled. The Dandolo's met with the Doge to request censure of the Querini's but the Doge refused despite his close relationship with the andolo's and his own rivalry with the Querini. I think that this is not the last we will see of these incidents". [/b]

_______________________________________

Michele Querini
Sergei eats while talking spitting food on the table as he goes. His companions do not react and though disgusted after your trials of the night before this disgusting display holds little revulsion for you. "My man came to rent this house by way of a Gino fellow. He stated you would be out of town for two weeks. Looks like he was wrong about that. A few days ago a woman of yours came looking for you saying she was having your baby and that you were avoiding her. Such behavior is abhorrent but I am willing to overlook it as I am no priest. Still that is not the reason I am looking for you. No, the reason I seek you is because you rent space at a warehouse owned by the Cappelli family and in that space are or were certain holy relics. I wish to know whose these relic belong to. It is a matter of life and death, literally".


Lorenzo Cappelli
As the day progresses you begin to feel that the Giovanni will never arrive. You begin preparations for your lunch and are just sitting down to enjoy the meal when there is a loud thumping at your door.

_____________________________

Andrew the Hardy
You and Donnach head out into the bright morning. The streets are abuzz with people discussing the altercation of the night before. You linger near the conversations to see if anyone mentions your allies but it seems their appearance at the battle did not leave a lasting impression. The focus is solely on the two nobles who were arguing. The stories you hear along the way to Federico's house diverge wildly from the story that Aodhan recounted.

After some time passes you begin to ignore the stories told outright as each telling becomes more outlandish than the last. Soon you leave the open courtyards of Venice's city center and enter the narrow streets of its more run down neighborhoods where Federico resides.

The conversation takes a turn in ths neighborhood and the btatles between the nobles is not being discussed at all. Here the conversation, where there is any to be had, is solely focused on the murder committed now two nights ago. The people of this neighborhood are less than pleased with the official explanation of what happened.

Do you stop to listen in on the story or continue to Federico's apartment?

_______________________________

Michael Santo
If you wait to speak with Fahdi you may not have enough time to set the preparations in motion. Let me know if that is what you wish to do before I post further in this scene.

________________________________

Gunther Thesing

Christopher enters your home and accepts your seat graciously. "I must apologize for what happened last night Signore Thesing though in truth I had little to do with what took place. Marco has been a rival of mine for some time. I did not forsee him causing such trouble right on the Grand Canal in the middle of dinner. It seems that he and his cronies are much more brazen than I had ever given him credit for before".


"Ya know, son, yer not exactly scoring points with me. Maybe you should exaplin this rivalry b'tween you and Marco and what that whole fiasco was all about."

Gunther pushes himself out of his seat.

"Care for a drink? I have a feeling I'm gonna need one."


Alessandro accepts the man's humility and doesn't push him. It was difficult to express what he meant at time, and had just wished the man to know he was valued... no, cherished.

The younger man motions for Galeel to sit and share his meal. Please, Galeel... sit, break bread with me. I cannot eat all of this, and yet they insist. Do we know what the disagreement is about? Or why the Doge may have decided the way it did?

It was you or my father that taught me to follow the money. So, who would gain and how...

And, was anyone hurt? That is the most important thing... the humanity! Tossing his hands up, he runs his fingers through his dark mane. Utterly frustrated, he reaches for some fresh sliced mango and hardly tastes it as he chews.


Finally... Lorenzo thinks to himself heading for the door, calling out "Who is it? and waiting for a response before opening the door.


Storyteller Shadow:
"Sergei, I rent some spaces in that warehouse. I use it as a holding point for merchants who wish to do business in the city. If you would like lets go to the warehouse and figure out what it is you seek. If it is truly something one of my associates has I will be happy to put them in touch with you. I would like to do this soon as I have pressing matters to attend to later this evening. Shall we go?"


Michael thinks to himself "I may be able to have Fahdid deal with those who'd have loose tongues with the job is done. He can "make them forget" the transportation of this precious cargo ever took place. It would be in our best interest to have this night go over smoothly the payout is more then plentiful"

Michael will instruct his nighttime manager to assemble a crew of men that would sell their soul for coin to help transport the cargo on his gondola with false bottom.

They would have to lay down on the floor and the false bottom would be placed over them whIch encloses them. That would pretty much sum it up.

Michael hands his right hand man extra ducats to entice the "skilled laborers"

storytelling shadow:

I can't recall the name of Michael s trusted employee.


Gunther Thesing
"No thank you Signore. Explain a rivalry? It would be difficult to do I fear. The rivalry between noble families can span generations and in some cases centuries. Truthfully I do not know when the rivalry began or even how. I just know that for as long as I can remember the Querini's have been my enemies. We are rivals in all things. I apologize for it spilling over and threatening Jordan. I assure you that I shall never place her in such danger again".

________________________

Alessandro Khadaji
Galeel graciously accepts your offer and closes his eyes praying for the food he has received. Allahomma barik lana fima razaqtana waqina athaban-nar. Bismillah.
He then smiles at you and begins eating, once he finishes he prays again Alhamdulillah and responds to your inquiries.

"With the strife in the city related to the Pope I believe that the Doge did not wish to create a further wedge with one of the great noble families of the city. While the Querini have not sided with the Doge they are against the current policy position taken by the Doge. Arresting one of their cousins could create a political disaster and the current Doge while headstrong is no fool".

Galeel grimaces and continues, "As I understand it one of the Dandolo bodyguards is gravely wounded. The condition of the Querini bullyboys is not known. The identity of the young woman who was in the middle of the altercation has not been discovered yet or at least none of my sources have discovered her identity. These infidels move their people like pieces on a backgammon board it is shameful".

_______________________

Lorenzo Cappelli

A voice from the other side calls back, "Dr. Cappelli. I have been sent here to retrieve a body to be prepared for burial. Is the body ready?"

_______________________

Michele Querini

Sergei chuckles, "These items have already been moved Signore. I need to know who your clients are that rented that space. It is not what they have but who they are that interests me".

_______________________

Michael Santo

Your man smiles, "With the number of people you are looking at this idea is somewhat impractical. With the wealth you have on hand though we can outfit your entire fleet with these bottoms likely by the end of the day. With ten such vessels, we will be able to accomplish this task in ten trips. Without the extra vessels it will take days. I will have to find some workers immediately though".

Michael Santo:
I forget his name too, I will look it up later. The Fahdi idea is a good idea.


storytelling shadow:

Thanks I was just trying to betray the men and skip out on paying


Michael Santo:
That is a terrific idea. Probably a good idea to keep track of the Gondola smiths and have Fahdi take care of their memories as well. Assuming you agree with your man's assessment of course. I still have to go through the thread and pull his name out. Maybe next weekend I will have time to do so.


Willpower Test
4d10 ⇒ (6, 1, 4, 9) = 20
Guess that's a draw?

"Who I am is not really that important and I bed with you because I choose. What is important is that my employer meets with this Michele Querini. Just know this I am no simple western girl."

She smiles slyly and gives him another little peck.

"But enough of this get dressed we should be going."


"Certainly as I have nothing to hide. Let's go to the warehouse so this can be done quickly. I have a busy schedule later today, as I have been away, as you know."


Xing Shi

Gino looks disappointed that he did not get the reslt he sought from his commanding voice. He sighs and stands up, "OK, I will dress and we can go".

_____________________

Michele Querini

Sergei's face contorts with rage he slams his fist down on the table, "You are either playing games with me or not listening. Who did you rent that space to?!" he screams.


Calmly I rent many spaces to many people. If you show me the space or give me some more info like what the trunks looked like I can figure out who the client was. From there our business is done.


Storyteller Shadow wrote:
"...While the Querini have not sided with the Doge they are against the current policy position taken by the Doge.

I'm not getting this, is there a word missing?


Hassan:
What I mean was: While the Querini have not sided with the Pope they are against the current policy position taken by the Doge.


Michele Querini

"Are you saying you rent space to people not having any idea what they place in this rental space?"


Perception + Politics, Dandolo vs. Querini: 4d10 ⇒ (5, 3, 6, 2) = 16
Perception + Politics, Doge vs. Querini: 4d10 ⇒ (5, 2, 10, 1) = 18

Looking for better understanding, writing on the wall, cause of friction, connecting the dots.


Alessandro Khadaji:
Dandolo vs. Querini - Both houses are Noble houses of Venice. They have had a rivalry for at least two generations though you are not privy to the source of the rivalry.
Doge vs. Querini - The Doge is of a Noble house as are the Querini. Likely the source of friction here is that the Querini have some ties to the Vatican which are being strained as a result of the Venetian "occupation" of Ferrara. See the first post in the thread for information on Ferrara. This would be knowledge that you would possess.


Correct. I do not particularly care what is in a trunk. I just move items, product, etc. The less I know of contents the better for me. Sometimes I am paid to "forget" transactions,events, people but that is rare. Let's see if I can tell you who these items belonged to.


"Ah, excellent." Lorenzo says, answering the door, but still being cautious of the Giovanni servant. "The body is in the parlor, right this way."


Alessandro muses, trying to re-imagine the scene. A woman, eh... Certainly that is not common. We are not in Egypt anymore.

So Galeel, do we want to get involved... or stay out of matters? Can we make the world a better place by siding one way or another, maybe strengthen our business concerns in the process?

Backgammon is good, but let's bring in some chess if they're playing games.

Persception + Finance, business opportunity: 3d10 + 2d10 ⇒ (5, 7, 6) + (10, 5) = 33
Are 10s open ended?


Storyteller Shadow wrote:

Gunther Thesing

"No thank you Signore. Explain a rivalry? It would be difficult to do I fear. The rivalry between noble families can span generations and in some cases centuries. Truthfully I do not know when the rivalry began or even how. I just know that for as long as I can remember the Querini's have been my enemies. We are rivals in all things. I apologize for it spilling over and threatening Jordan. I assure you that I shall never place her in such danger again".

Gunther's mood softens a bit.

"Listen son, I do not know much about nobility nor about rivalries between royal bloodlines. What I do know is this, as long as I am able to draw breath I will do anything it takes to keep my family safe. I also know that I am not getting any younger, and this old man knows that he will not be around forever, so there will be a time and a need for someone else to see to my daughter's safety and well-being. I need to make certain that she will be loved and cared for just as much as she will be provided for."

Gunther places his hand upon Christopher's shoulder, the continues.
"She loves you Christopher, and I am putting my faith and trust in that you will be the one who will take care of my Jordan when I am unable to do so. So please, level with me... what do I need to know about this rivalry between you and Marco?"


"You hear that Donnach a murder most foul, it seems tha news differs on this side o tha canal?"

Stops for a moment to listen to the news.

"If theres a murder we don't want tah be caught wit our kilts up."


Michele Querini

Sergei sighs, "Very well. Let us head to the place now. I will have my answers as I have other matters to attend to today".

________________________

Lorenzo Cappelli

Two burly Giovanni men head into the parlor and pick up the casket carting it outside. They say nothing and ask for nothing heading down the street for their next pick up.

Is there anything else you wish to do before nightfall?

_______________________

Alessandro Khadaji

"If you wish to get involved we should get to the bottom of who if any of them are in the wrong. We should also ascertain what speheres of business they operate in".

Both families have vast business enterprises but the one which has stronger shipping interests would be more useful for your family business.

10's count twice BUT only if you have 4 or more dots in an ability or attribute.


Gunther Thesing

"I will make sure that she is loved and provided for and that she is kept safe. This rivalry is a family feud. I am sure that it will come to nothing, no doubt this Marco will be reigned in by his family".


I will get up in preparation to leave.


Andrew the Hardy

As you loiter you are able to hear the conversation more fully. One of the men speaking claims that he found a woman in the dark alleys of the old city with her throat ripped out but very little blood pooled around her!

Indeed the scene was shocking and against his better judgment he alerted the Doge's men who were nearby patrolling the area. They called in the charnel men who collected the body in the middle of the night which is of course quite rare, generally the dead are picked up on a rotation.

The worst part about the story is that the woman's cause of death was ruled to be a slashing by a thief! The man did not believe that story for a second having seen the wounds with his own eyes. When he went to the Great Council to dispute the findings he was rebuffed.

He asks those men around him to start their own watch as the Noblemen "cannot be trusted"...

Do you want to approach these men or simply continue to Federico's home.


Xing Shi

Once Gino is dressed he brings you to the home of Marco Querini. The inside of his home is quite lovely with rugs and artwork from the Ottoman Empire as well as the Byzantine Empire. Indeed there is little here of western art or style.

Not only is the home lovely but lively. In the next room over a man's voice can be heard screaming at the top of his lungs. You can't quite make out what they are saying. The room where you stand has about a half dozen men all of whom you have seen guarding Marco at one time or another.

Before you are able to ask any questions one of Querini's henchmen turns to you his eyes go wide, "There you are woman, after you left my bed cold I had wondered where you had gotten to". You recognize the man but cannot remember his name. You smile and get ready to respond to him with some nonesense when from the corner of your eye you see Gino fly at the man.

"How dare you!" he screams and slams into the man pushing him into the war and knocking over a no doubt priceless vase. A brawl ensues embroiling everyone in the room as they try to pull the two men apart. What do you do?

___________________

Michael Santo

Is there anything else you want to do during the day?


Then we should call upon them or use agents, the new business should please father.

Intelligence + Etiquette: 3d10 + 2d10 ⇒ (3, 9, 6) + (7, 6) = 31, figure Intelligence to know... Charisma to enact/execute. Best approach (help ensure positive results).


Storyteller Shadow:
What sort of suspisions does Lorenzo have about what Dr. Benne is? If he has a clue that the good doctor is a vampire, and also suspects that is what lie ahead for himself, he would make a point of visiting his brother and sister one last time during the daylight.


"You there good sir. We err diplomats an have also been re-buffed at tha Doge's door. Great things are afoot. We visit without guards so tell us what you saw of the victim, so that we might guard ourselves."


Storyteller Shadow wrote:

Gunther Thesing

"I will make sure that she is loved and provided for and that she is kept safe. This rivalry is a family feud. I am sure that it will come to nothing, no doubt this Marco will be reigned in by his family".

"I believe you, son."

Gunther tips back the remainder of his drink, places the glass on the table beside him, places both brawny hands on the arms of his chair and leans back slowly with a heavy exhale.

"So Christopher... what can I do for you at this hour."


Xing Shi shakes her head as the two men fight over her honor, or lack there of.

She does a flip up onto one of the tables and pulls her sword out placing it between the men (if possible).
Dex+Athletics: 7d10 ⇒ (4, 6, 5, 10, 7, 10, 9) = 51

Please stop fighting, now is not the time nor place. I am no mans woman and neither of you need be fighting over me. Now please sit down and relax we are here on business not pleasure."


Alessandro Khadaji

Galeel listens to your ideas and nods with approval, "I shall see to it that we investigate both families. Within a handful of days I will have enough ifnormation for you to make a final decision as to which family you wish to align with". With that Galeel excuses himself to aid the staff in perparing for any guests who may wish to have morning prayer.

Is there anything else you wish to do with the day?

_____________________________

Lorenzo Cappelli:
Yes, you would absolutely harbor these suspicions based on everything you know. OK, do you want to visit your brother or your sister first?

_____________________________

Andrew the Hardy

The men all look at you suspiciously and scowl. One though does step forward, "Signore, if you wish to stay safe keep off the streets at night in Venice. Something which is not a man stalks these streets at night". With that said the man and the rest of the group move away from you refusing to answer any more of your questions.

Shrugging Donnach keeps moving towards Federico's apartment though you notice that his hand is much closer to his sword then it was earlier in the day despite the fact that it is early morning.

You head up the stairs of the run down building wherein Federico makes his home. After you knock on the door barely a minute passes before Federico answers, "M'Lord's I have been expecting you, what news do you have from last night?" He ushers you both in to sit in the cramped room and serves wine and cheese. He refuses to sit too anxious about your news.

______________________________

Gunther Thesing

"I only wished to visti you as soon as I could to reassure you that last night was an isolated incident. Perhaps it is forward of me but I could by some chance see Jordan?"

_____________________________

Xing Shi

You execute a flawless standing somersault onto the table. Your drawn blade quiets down the fight as the men stare at you perplexed by your amazing feat.

From behind you hear a small clapping, turning you see a man you have never laid eyes on before staring at you. He stands in the now open doorway behind him you see Marco seated in a chair with his head down no smile rests upon his lips as he looks up at you curiously. Your eyes though quickly move back to the stranger.

His eyes bore into yours, into the depths of your soul. This is a man, not a mere boy playing at a man like so many others you have seen in this city so far. He stands a smidgen over 6' tall though he is an older man his frame is strong and muscular. "You are here for business woman? I am here for the same thing. My young cousin has made an ass out of himself and I here to set him on the correct path. Tell me swordswoman what business brings you have here? I have never laid my eyes on you before and I pride myself on knowing all of the family business".


Storyteller Shadow:
Let's start with Antonia.
With Hans's body finally out of his home, Lorenzo makes his way over to his sister, Antonia's home with hopes of spending part of what he assumes to be his last day in the sun with his sister, niece, and nephew.

Arriving at the home, Lorenzo knocks on the door. "Antonia, sorry for dropping by unannounced, but was hoping I could visit with you and the children for a while today."


Michael Santos:

I am going to continue to over see the boats construction here.
But I would like to send a lackey to thesings letting him know cargo will be delivered on time.


Xing Shi places her sword away in the scabbard and steps down off the table gracefully and gives the man a slight nod.

"My business is actually with Michele Querini but his cousin Marco here is to act as the middle man for me and my employer. May I ask what is your name sir?"


Alessandro will visit the Khadaji offices and ships at dock, if there are any. He has to make sure he's up to date on all the local goings on. He intends on being masterful in his father's presence.


Grasps Frediricos hand firmly and joyously

"I have tha best news that I could have tha landowner round yer farm has great wealth an wants tah purchase yer land at many times tha lands value, yah could buy a place 5 times over yer place now, an own a real farm this time next year!"


Storyteller Shadow wrote:


Gunther Thesing

"I only wished to visit you as soon as I could to reassure you that last night was an isolated incident. Perhaps it is forward of me but I could by some chance see Jordan?"

Gunther takes a deep breath and exhales slowly, his gaze making constant contact with Christopher.

"It is very late in the night... but just wait here and I will go upstairs and let her know you are here."

Pushing himself out of his seat, Gunther heads upstairs to Jordan's bedroom. Upon reaching her door he slowly pushes it open and steps quietly inside.


Gunther Thesing:
Actually it is now daytime. We turned over to the next day earlier this week...


Storyteller Shadow wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Ah ok, my bad... sooo, moon sets... sun rises... and moving on.

Gunther excuses himself and heads upstairs to Jordan's room.
Is she there?


This is general info. Known or easily acquired by anyone who cares to find out.

Alessandro was born in Italy, at the time his Egyptian father was establishing the family business there. He's grown up in both Venice and Cairo/Alexandria. He's studied at the universities at Bologna and Al-Azhar (Cairo).

He is a good boss, with an open door policy and generally seen as approachable and fair. His employees are Italian, Egyptian and an assortment of other ethnicities. He considers Venice home, and it is evident in the care he takes to better the city.

He often visits work sites, offices and ships moving among his men regardless of ethnicity... helping where he can and checking on their morale, asking of their families. He is generally liked.


My apologies for the delay, work and other things have been crazy. Tax season is over today so things should settle down this week. I will update the thread within the next few days.


Lorenzo Cappelli:
Antonia looks shocked by your appearance at her doorstep. She quickly recovers and greets you with a firm hug and a warm smile.

You spend a few hours with the children until she finally puts them down for a nap. She indicates for you to wait a while longer so you can have a more adult conversation.

Assuming that this will be one of the last times you have a chance to meet with her in this fashion you oblige.

She returns rather quickly to the kitchen and pours you a glass of wine. She chit chats about her husbands current travels and the general state of her household before steering the conversation towards you.

"Dominic tells me that you have been aiding him with the business. I am glad to hear it, to be honest with you since she passed away I have not known how to approach you. For that I am sorry my brother. I hope that you have finally found your way through your grief and are moving on".


Michael Santo:
You send someone out to visit Thesing. The construction is going over rather well though the cost is eating into the coins that Querini gave to you. Despite teh cost this is probably the better way to handle this situation especially given the state of security around the city lately.
You spend the rest of the day overseeing the project...


Xing Shi wrote:
"My business is actually with Michele Querini but his cousin Marco here is to act as the middle man for me and my employer. May I ask what is your name sir?"

Xing Shi

"A middleman, you appear to be a woman to me. I wonder what sort of employer would ask a woman to handle such dangerous work".

He turns to Marco, "Step out of the room I have business with this woman". Marco jumps to obey.

The man steps into the room and gestures for you to enter. There is a tray of food and drinks on a sideboard in the room. The man notices you eyeing it and he smiles, "Feel free to partake. I am afraid I do not have the stomach for it with what has been going on. You may call me Signore Querini. I am the patriarch of the family and father to Michele. I am quite interested in this business opportunity that you claim to offer".


Alessandro Khadaji

The Khadaji offices are on the southern end of the Venetian docks. The city Council begrudgingly granted property rights to your father as he has made many allies among the Venetian traders who demanded it. While Khadaji has no ships of its own, your family does have many shipping contracts with Venetian merchants. More importantly, your family owns hundreds of camels which travel the silk road bringing wares to the west.

As you enter the warehouse your employees greet you warmly in a number of different languages some of which you know only smatterings of. Currently there is a Venetian ship in port offloading exotic spices and silks for trade. The shipmaster notices you and pulls you aside.

"Greetings Alessandro. May your house know peace. Tell me if what I am hearing is true, is the Doge still butting heads with the Pope? I would have thought that there was resolution on this matter by now".


Andrew the Hardy

Federico clasps your hand as well excited to hear your news. Once you announce your tidings though his face slips a bit.

"This land has been in my family for generations. It is really all we have ever had. There is no way for them to sell us even a small plot?"

1,651 to 1,700 of 4,271 << first < prev | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Bloodlines - A Dark Ages V20 Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.