Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Dark Ages Vampire - Bloodlines

Game Master Dennis Harry

Bloodlines is a continuation of the now defunct table top Dark Ages Vampire game wherein the PC's have created lineal descendants throughout the ages.


1,601 to 1,650 of 4,076 << first < prev | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | next > last >>

Michael and Michele:

Michael gestures in the direction of his office
"we could go to my office should be quiet at this hour and It wouldnt draw attentIon If someone was see it would appear as If you wanted a sImple ferry. Or was there somewhere else you had In mInd?"


Michael & Michele Prologue:
It would be about a 20 minute trip to your office Michael. It is currently approximately 3:30 am.


Storyteller Shadow and Michael Santos:
"Your office is fine. Let's make haste and not speak until we arrive there. I will adjust my hood and try to cover my identity as best I could.


Gunther Thesing Prologue:
Jordan sighs, "I know but I did not want to disappoint Christopher daddy". She looks down for a moment then back up at you.

"You don't think what that man said about Christopher is true do you?"


Andrew the Hardy Prologue:
The Knight rubs his chin in contemplation. "Not the approach I would have taken but perhaps your way is best. Tell me how long do you think it will be until you have more information?"


Alessandro Khadaji Prologue:
What do you do after the wman takes her leave?


Xing Shi Prologue:
Make a Dexterity + Stealth check to move through the city unseen and take a prime position near Querini's house.


Alessandro Khadaji Prologue:
Watching her leave, I try to memorize her movements so that I may recognize her. Alessandro then slips into the shadows, returning to the spot where he witnessed the altercation.

He is interested in how the clean-up is going.

Sorry, was on the road... family vacation! Assuming she took the saffron colored silk scarf?


Alessandro Khadaji Prologue:
Yes assume she took the scarf.

As you arrive back at the site of the battle with the exception of some blood stains and a few broken chairs it is back to business as usual. You do see one of the Doge's guards sitting at a table with a foreigner.


Alessandro Khadaji Prologue:
Try to make out what they are discussing, eavesdropping...
Perception + Alertness: 5d10 ⇒ (8, 6, 5, 1, 3) = 23


Alessandro Khadaji Prologue:
Whether it is the distance or the angle that they are sitting it is difficult to make out what they are discussing. Certainly it is not the battle as the word body appears to be raised a few times and from your recollection, no one died in the combat.


Alessandro Khadaji Prologue:
Alessandro will call it a night, having come across more excitement than usual. Having a care, he steps away from the speakers and makes his way back whence he'd come... back home.


Xing Shi:

Dex+Stealth
8d10 ⇒ (8, 2, 3, 6, 9, 2, 9, 10) = 49
I think i'm extremely stealthy :)


Gunther Thesing prologue:

Spoiler:

"I do not know Christopher well enough to make any such conclusions about him sweetheart, and neither do you, so I would suggest you not judge him until you learn more about the man."

Lifting her chin with his index finger so that her gaze meets his.

"If you love him, give him the benefit of the doubt until he should prove otherwise."

Gunther leans forward and gently kisses her forehead.

"Now eat something and get some rest. It has been an exhausting day... for everyone."


Michael and Michele:

Michael heads towards his office
if no occurrences happen along the way

Michael reaches his office and unlocks the door to the rear through the alleyway between his building and the ones in close proximity so they are not seen by eyes peering in the small hours of the night.
"please step into my office, make yourself comfortable, and tell me how I could be of service"
Michael welcomes Michele into his office


Andrew the Hardy Prologue:

Spoiler:

"I suspect Fredirico could get me a list tomorrow and I could ask Capelli fer references right after, though I do need some reason tah have need o wharehouse space."

"Right now mah reason fer needin space is a bit slim o reason."

"Yah got any ideas?"


Andrew the Hardy Prologue:
"Yes, tell him you are acting as an agent for a merchant who wishes to run trade through Venice. The reason for your secrecy is that the merchant is uncomfortable with the current environment between the Pope and City. However, should the storage and shipping rates be favorable he is willing to take a risk. In any case though he wishes to check the credentials of the Cappelli warehouse through their clients, not simply take the families word at face value. What do you think of this idea?"


Andrew the Hardy Prologue:

Spoiler:

"Aye sounds well, if pressed I would like tah name tha trade goods even though I would not name tha man."


Storyteller Shadow and Michael Santos:
I take a seat, remove my hood, and wait until Michael takes a seat. "Signore Santos, after many good years of relationship between us I bring to you a life changing proposition. I need roughly 200 pieces of cargo moved off a ship at sundown tonight to be delivered to an inn called Greetings that same night before dawn. The cargo must not be "seen" going to this establishment".

I pull out a large bag and put in on the desk

"this entire bag is yours- half now with the other half with the successful completion of the job. You will need to pay off many men and it will take all your manpower and more to do this. Even with that this will allow you comfort for many years. Do you have any questions?"


Michael and Michele:

"Not about the shipment I do not but I do have a few questions and some info to share."
Michael sits forward folding his hands in front of him.

"I, nay a party has been in search of you for the past couple days, which I must say you are quite difficult to get a hold of in regards to a particular container you have brought to the city. These outsiders known as the volkovs Sergi and Katirina believe the contents are of a supernatural artifact vampIrIc to be exact. you know I never question what you bring into the city I just assist with its transport, I just pray that the contents will not have me hanged. " Illidan shrugs I suppose there are alway rIsk In any transactIons some greater than others. I do appreciate the business you bring in. You help my business prosper and my family is well fed so In good faIth I wanted to inform you that people are looking for you if you need to cover your tracks do so. The cappellI should know, the good doctor Abingdon and Gunter thesing the owner of greetings as well but he is a good friend of mine. "
Michael obtains the currency

"about this transaction I will find the manpower to get it done. Gunter and I have a well working relation so consider it taken care of my only question I do have is how does one contact you if need of your council"


Storyteller Shadow and Michael Santos:
" where can I find these people that come not from Venice? I wonder how they got my name yet seeing that Dr Capelli is involved it must be his family's warehouse that this item must of been stored. Vampiric in nature- no such thing." looking right at Michael [b]"the pay is generous because of the risk. No one including Gunther can know of the cargo or the plan except for the men you use. Pay them well to keep their tongue or they shall lose it. Just deliver the cargo to the inn before sundown. Meet me at the docks an hour before sundown- I will be dressed discreetly waiting in the alley across from the establishment that sells supplies."[\b] I get up to leave and extend my hand [b]"you can find me at Via Volturora by the entrance to the cross street Via Irpina when you have need of me in the future."[\b] assuming Michael takes my hand- when he does I look into his eyes with a steeled gaze [b]" the cargo is 200 men and women that are to entertain guests at this inn. Do not ask me why andwho as I do not know and care not to. Just know that no one must know at any costs. Bribe the guards and your men well. There is no room for error." [\b] with this I turn to leave through the door.


MIchael santos & S. T. Shadow:

Michael will begin preparation for the transport by contacting his night crew who is most trust worthy with these sort of things.

do I have the necessary contacts? And clout to bride guards what is needed for me to make this thing happen. If not I would like to use a clever way as I have "always" used by attaching cargo to the bottom of the ship in a clever department waterproof of course but doubt the guards will check there


Storyteller Shadow ONLY:
I will head home being careful to check if I am being followed low and up high(remembering that someone threw the metal objects at our foes not to long ago when my cousin and I were in that fight). I will backtrack and go out of my way not to go directly home.


Xing Shi Prologue:
You see nothing more take place. No one comes and no one goes. Do you want to wait into the morning or head home and get some sleep?


Alessandro Khadaji Prologue:
You arrive home with no further issues.

As you step into the main room you see a letter sitting on a table in the middle of the room.


Andrew the Hardy Prologue:
"Any trade good you feel makes sense coming from our homeland or anything that would come to the homeland you would think we need to ensure that the story makes sense".


Gunther Thesing Prologue:
Having said your peace you and Fiona get to rest despite the troubled evening. As you drift away to sleep you think thankfully there are really no such thing as Vampires, humans are cruel and barbaric enough...


Michael Santo Prologue:
Unfortunately the cargo that Querini is looking to move is people. Fastening them to the bottom of the Gondola's will not work. It will be difficult to bribe the guards because the shifts that walk the streets rotate. The cost would likely be too high and as you know having too many people keeping a secret ensures that soemthing will not be kept a secret very long. Perhaps Fahdi will have some ideas tomorrow evening...


Michele Querini Spoiler:
You make your way home with no troubles. The house is pitch black. As silently as you can you open the front door and make your way up the stairs towards your bedroom. Make a Perception + Awareness check DC 8


Alessandro's senses reach out... determining if he's alone. He does this even before reaching for the letter, lest it be a trap.

Perception + Alertness, physical: 5d10 ⇒ (8, 6, 7, 5, 2) = 28
Perception + Awareness, other: 4d10 ⇒ (2, 8, 8, 6) = 24


Xing Shi:

Going to head home if nothing happens for a long time and get some rest. In morning will get washed up and dressed and head back out to Gino's with some money in hand to talk with them.


Alessandro Khadaji Prologue:
You sense nothing amiss in the house nor do you sense the presence of anyone else.

As you open the letter you determine that is in the writing of your parents. The first letter is from your father directing Aamirah [your servant] to leave the letter for you on the table as soon as he receives it.

Aamirah must have com into the main house while you were gone to deliver this. [The servants live in a house adjacent to your home].

Within the packet is another letter sealed with the sigil of your hose in wax. You open it, it is written in Arabic:

As-Salam Alaykum Alessandro
I shall be arriving on March 10 1309. With me shall be a new trading partner who has business in Venice. Ensure all is prepared for our arrival. This associate wishes to tour the city and wants a guide who knows it well. Thus, shall be your task.
Until next we meet.
Ma'a Salama


Storyteller Shadow:
4d10 ⇒ (6, 5, 2, 3) = 16


Michele Querini Prologue:
You head to your room knowing that you are completely exhausted. You have faced horrors few living can be said to have witnessed and lived to tell the tale. NO doubt tomorrow will be the beginning of the rest of your life. As you step into your room ready to hit the bed a lamp flickers on.

Standing next to the lamp at the far end of the room is a man holding a crossbow aiming it right at your heart.

"You move I shoot. Who are you and what are you doing here?"


Storyteller Shadow:
"I am Signore Michele Querini and this is my home."


Alessandro Khadaji Prologue:
Alessandro mentally calculates how many days he's got. As you wish, Father. He then calls it a night, as he wonders what that girl was up to.

Hi, I like the way you "expanded" Alessandro's world with NPCs. Very cool. Aamirah (ending in -ah) would be the feminine form. Can we say the head servant (personal/home) is female? The head "business employee", the operations manager as it were could/would be male if that's OK with you.


Alessandro Khadaji Prologue:
Damn the internet and its unreliability! :) No problem, we will make her female. To say the least Arabic language and names are not my strong suit but I like to create as much realism as possible when I run Vamp. Feel free to correct any future errors you see so I can get things as tight as possible. Enjoying your new character this far!


Michele Querini Prologue:
The man lowers the crossbow. "Welcome home Signore Querini. I am Sergei Volkov and my companions and I are renting your home while you were away. As fate would have it, it turned out that we needed to seek you out. I should have known this would be the way, you simply returning home. I shall relinquish your room to you. In the morning we will speak of matters most dire".
Having said that the man walks right by you and heads into another bedroom leaving you alone in the dark and likely quite confused.


Night draws to a close and the sun rises in the East. A new day dawns and with that day prologues end and the game formally begins.

Should you wish to choose that your activities remain secret you may continue to post in spoilers. I will post the morning updates in spoilers just in case. Send me a PM if you wish to leave particular activities secret. Some things I will simply keep spoiled unless you instruct otherwise.

I will have the new posts up as soon as I can.


Alessandro Khadaji Prologue:
Lovin' it! And I'm more than happy to help with the Arabic.


Andrew the Hardy Prologue:

Spoiler:

"Fine then trade goods it tis."

I am fine without the spoilers as it just creates more work for everyone


Storyteller Shadow:
at this point I don't care, exhausted, and confused. I will lay down on my bed without taking my clothes off and sleep.


Venice by Day – Friday March 6, 1309

I opted to remove spoilers for now as the initial posts will be mostly mundane. We should post only sensitive matters in spoilers as it will make it easier on all of us.

Andrew the Hardy – You wake up in the morning to the groans of your fellows. Aodhan especially is sore from the altercation.
Donnach hands you a stiff drink of spirits to get you up and on your way. “Time to seek out Federico hey?”
_________________

Lorenzo Cappelli – You wake with as much energy and vigor as you have had in years. With no late night surprise visitors you were able to get a great deal of your work done without interruption including preparing Hans’ body for its pick up today.
You sit down and break your fast waiting for the representatives of the Giovanni to arrive.

_________________

Xing Shi – The sun comes in through the window waking you a bit later than you had wished to rise. It would appear that the late nights are beginning to wear on you.
Digging your hand into the supply of Ducats provided to you, you fill your pockets and head to Gino’s abode.
It is a much nicer day then the previous one which is a good thing, you only have two good dresses and the one you wore yesterday is likely ruined.
Knocking on the front door a wobbly Gino opens it after nearly a five minute wait. He smiles when he sees you and pulls you in the front door, “It is far too early to wake me but I am happy it is you who did so”. He attempts to lay a kiss upon your lips...

__________________

Gunther Thesing – You wake to the sound of pounding on the front door. Fiona rolls over and elbows you, “Gunther please get that.
Cursing at the early hour you stand and dress heading down the stairs to see who is causing such a racket so early in the morning.
Standing before you is Christopher, “Signore Thesing, may I come in?”

__________________

Michael Santo – Despite the lack of sleep the previous night you are energized to face the day. The newest opportunity presented to you cannot wait, things must be set in motion quickly if you are to perform your part of the bargain.
As you head out the door you realize that you have a second important appointment this evening making success during the day that much more important. How do you proceed?

___________________

Michele Querini – The sun’s rays pierce the room waking you far too early. You stand up to pull the shades closed but you realize they are simply not there, Signore Volkov must have removed them entirely.
Despite your grogginess you dress and head downstairs to uncover exactly why this man was in your home last night!
As you enter the kitchen ready to unleash your fury you see that Volkov is not alone. Sitting around him at the table are three armed men. Serving those men a hearty breakfast is an attractive foreign looking woman.
Sergei looks up at you, “Good morning Michele. I hope you like eggs and ham, I had Katya cook a meal for us to break our fast. I like to eat before discussing business”.

___________________

Alessandro Khadaji – You wake up in the morning realizing that you have a mere four days before your parents (or at least your father) arrive in the city with a new business partner. The letter provided no hint as to who this partner is or where they hail from. Typical, your parents waltz in and out of the Venice home like a sandstorm disrupting all of your work.

You call for the house manager Abdul-Jaleel to have the servants prepare your clothes as well as your morning feast. Abdul takes morning prayers with you and once you are both settled with food and tea Abdul confirms that the letter was genuine and was delivered by Aamirah the night before.

Abdul regards you, “Your day is clear, there are no meetings today to ensure that all who wish to worship today will be welcome. None of your acquaintances have given notice that they will arrive today but no doubt someone will come for mid-day prayers. Tell me, did you hear of the troubles in the city last night?”

Alessandro:
I trust Abdul-Jaleel is a man’s name  I envision him being your Alfred. Despite the fact that you did not select Retainers with the Resources you possess your are bound to have people serving you. Plus these servants will substitute as your Herd once you cross over.


Xing Shi gives Gino a light peck and then moves to take a seat.

"We need to speak with Marco. I have what he was looking for as proof and my employers sincerity and as well about his dealing and needing to not get himself killed."


Alessandro reaches forward to place a hand on the man's shoulder, looking him square in the eye.

Abdul-Jaleel, what would I do without my eyes and ears... without my conscience? You have been with my father for many years, before I was born... before I was a dream in my father's eye, even.

A good man, a loyal man is hard to find and harder to keep... for though they do not flaunt it, at their core they know their own worth. I am truly blessed. As I've grown into a man, we have become friends. Allah hua akbar.

As to any troubles in the city, Abdul. You are my trusted adviser. Please, as I always ask... assume I know nothing. What have the animals done, now?

And, why?

Storyteller Shadow:
Arabic dialects and pronunciation are gonna mess with me. Abdul-Jaleel is fine (perfectly fine), though in Egypt they pronounce a harder "G". So, Abdul-Galeel (phonetically). We can do it either way. Don't matter. Can we discuss Herd and stuff later? I have to pick my "restriction" as Ventrue.

Allah hua akbar:
God is greater. Sorta like "God all mighty."


"Yes food before business is always the right choice. Let us eat so I may hear of why you have been seeking me out and who exactly rented my house to you. I am sure this is all a misunderstanding."


"Indeed Donnach, Fredirico awaits, I ave much information to impart an will be getting references fer tha wharehouse from both he and Capelli as I ave a friend who has trade goods he seeks tah come intah this country."


Keeping note of Dr. Benne's warnings about the Giovanni family, Lorenzo tucks a knife into his jacket while patiently waiting for Hans's body to be picked up.


Gunther's eyes narrow at the figure standing before him. After a moment, Gunther steps aside, opening the door wider.

In a gruff voice, Gunther simply replies, "Get in."

Closing the door behind them, Gunther gestures for Christopher to take a seat as he does so himself.

"You better have one helluva explanation for waking me up at this hour, and an even better one for what happened at the docks."


Michael heads to the river to get his Gondola ready for transport, see to the daily routines are taking their course while speaking with his right hand man about preparation for tonight
I will still need to see with fhadi to acquire aid to transport the cargo so that's whAt I am waiting for

1,601 to 1,650 of 4,076 << first < prev | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Bloodlines - A Dark Ages V20 Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.