Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Dark Ages Vampire - Bloodlines

Game Master Dennis Harry

Bloodlines is a continuation of the now defunct table top Dark Ages Vampire game wherein the PC's have created lineal descendants throughout the ages.


1,551 to 1,600 of 4,526 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>

Gunther Thesing Prologue:
Once you arrive home Jordan breaks down into tears. Fiona is shocked at her hysterical sobbing and she gives you a Guntehr what did you say to her look.


Michele Querini Prologue:
Exhausted you look into the eyes of the Captain and meet his sharp gaze unflinchingly.

"Well done, I am impressed despite myself. Only a handful more steps through the shadows and you shall be back on your precious island. Remember your job. Failure is not an option".

With that he brings you though the shadowy realm a handful more times until you stand on the docks facing the mainland.

"Here we depart", with that he is gone vanished into the night.

Make a Perception + Awareness check DC 6


Alessandro Khadaji Prologue:
The night is muggy after a long rainy day. You stand on a rooftop overlooking the grand canal. For many nights you have done the same thing, searching for trouble. The nobles of this city treat its citizens like their private servants. It is encumbant upon them to serve those whom they rule. Their behavior shocks you, it has for years.

On occasion you have taken action where opportunity presented itself teaching these dogs a lesson. Over the years you have honed your craft. While the local people may consider you the jaded son of foreign merchants you are so much more. Your sword play is second to only the greatest of swordmasters.

The stench of this place fills your nostrils and you wrinkle your nose to clear it out. Despite its shortcomings you have come to love this city which perhaps explains why you feel so fiercly about protecting those who have no voice.

As you observe the comings and goings of young nobles. An altercation breaks out along the canal. Over a dozen combatants cross swords. The fight is chaotic and seems to involve foreigners including a woman! As quickly as it starts it ends as the Doge's guards rush to the scene.

Many of the combatants flee through the crowd. What do you do?


Xing Shi Prologue:
You lead him back to his home. Once inside he grabs your behind and tries to plant a large kiss on you. [/ooc] What do you do? [/ooc]


Storyteller Shadow:
4d10 ⇒ (9, 2, 9, 5) = 25


Xing Shi:

Xing Shi will push him off.

"Sit down. You and your family are reckless and will ruin everything if you don't stop acting like animals."

She sighs and mumbles damn italians in chinese under her breath as she walks toward the door.

"Tell your cousin I have the money he wished to see to show proof that my employer means business and needs to speak with Michele. I will be back here tomorrow afternoon to talk you should probably take a cold shower to cool off."

She looks him up and down before leaving.


Gunther Thesing prologue:

Spoiler:

Gunther's eyes narrow in response to his wife's

"Wife, do not give me any grief! If you only knew what just happened you would turn your gaze to our darling daughter."

Gunther looks over at Jordan and shakes his head with disappointment.

"Go on, young lady, tell your mother what trouble you got yourself into this evening. Tell her how you had to hide under tables to keep from being run through by one of the dozen or so swords flailing about. Tell her how, if not for your father running through a crowd of people and grabbing someone's sword just to rush to your side, you would not be home safe this very moment. Go on, young lady. Tell her."

Gunther looks back at Fiona, giving her a look to match her own, then silently leaves the room to grab a bottle of whiskey from the kitchen. Sitting down he pours himself a glass, drinks it down swiftly and pours himself another.


Andrew the Hardy Prologue

Spoiler:

"Found yerselves a bit o fun appears, an yah left me out o it, fer shame on yah!"

Though he jokes he is not certain if they are being persued he takes his feet and prepares for attackers.


Michele Querini Prologue:
You see your contact Michael Santo wandering the streets around the area where you are located, he looks right at you and does not see you, truly you are invisible! Do you amke contact?


Gunther Thesing Prologue:
As you sit down to calm your nerves with a drink you hear Fiona and Jordan shouting back and forth. Soon after the sound of footsteps go up the stairs.

Fiona comes into the kitchen looking exhausted. "I sent her up to her room Gunther. What do we do now? I had no idea the streets had become so dangerous!"


Xing Shi Prologue:
"But I am not related to them! I will tell Marco what you said. Where can we find you?"


Andrew the Hardy Prologue:
Luag speaks (in Gaelic), "Aye we saw some Dandy's threatening a man with a woman and I felt I had te get meself involved".

Aodhan replies in Italian, "So long as we are not identified as part of the scuffle all is well, we did the right thing. Let's be off to bed and geth these fools blood off of us".

"Aye", grunts Luag.

No one follows your companions into the Inn so it appears they were not followed. What do you do?


Andrew the Hardy Prologue

Spoiler:

@ the bar
(in Gaelic)
"Aye lets get yah both in tha bath an I will check over yer clothes. Looks like a cold bath fer tha both o yahs."

@ the rooms
Heads up to the room, where he will start a fire in the hearth while the other two get a bath.

He them goes through their clothes looking for damages or blood...

(in Gaelic)
"Yah might lose a shirt o scarf tah tha fire iffen i see any blood on em."

"So what all happened?".....


Gunther Thesing prologue:

Spoiler:

"We let her sit up there and think about what happened this evening; how she could have been seriously hurt; and why she needs to do as she is told."

Gunther slams back another shot of whiskey and pushes the bottle and empty glass away from him.

"I do not know what the issue at the docks was all about, but I can assure you that if and when Christopher comes knockin' to see about his beloved Jordan, he and I are going to have words."


Xing Shi:

"You won't find me. I'll find you."

Xing Shi blows him a kiss as she is leaving.

I want to keep an eye on his estate for a while and then make my way to the cousins place and keep an eye on that for a while to see if anything happens.


Storyteller Shadow:
I will follow him for a bit to see where he is heading so late. At the most opportune time I will reveal myself. Tell me the setup and I will say how.


Storyteller Shadow:
The blind leading the blind... and so many sharp pointy things. Children at play.

And a woman.

The words escape my lips, in surprise. Back home, in Egypt women have there place. And strong as they may be, that place is not in the streets after dark in a tussled with men. Refreshing and interesting...

There are too many to keep track of, and most of the men look alike in the darkness... But, the woman has a natural sway to her hips. A feminine grace imbued by Allah. I will follow her.

From high above, I try to keep her in my sight... moving like a shadow along the skyline.


Andrew the Hardy Prologue:
"Don't know what happened. Luag saw a woman in peril and we both jumped on in. Not sure who anyone was really. A bunch of Lords I believe having a dispute of some kind. I caught a punch in the face but nothing more", says Aodhan. Luag remains silent.

Donnach rolls over in his bed but goes back to sleep once he realizes no one is injured.

After they settle into baths drawn by serving wenches they fall asleep. You are tired as well but the time of your meeting draws close. What do you do?


Gunther Thesing Prologue:
The house quiets down and Jordan's sobs can no longer be heard from upstairs. Fiona convinces you to go to bed after a time and a few more drinks. Do you head to bed or do something else?


Alessandro Khadaji Prologue:
You follow along the crammed rooflines of Venice as the woman and a man she dragged out of the fray head down into the narrow streets of the city away from the Grand Canal.

She takes a circuitous route likely to ensure that she is not followed by anyone from the ground. Little does she know that she is being followed from above.

The woman and the man exchange few words as they run though your vantage point makes sight easy it makes hearing impossible. Soon she comes to an area of the city which is reserved for up and coming merchants, those who have not quite arrived.

They head into a small apartment complex. You pause to see what she does next, to your surprise within less than a minute she comes outside. She scans the area around the building...

Make a Dexterity + Stealth check DC 7


Xing Shi Prologue:
As you exit the building you scan for a quick way up to gain a good vantage point of Gino's place. Make a Perception + Awareness check DC 7


Michael Santo Prologue:
You roam the canals and docks checking in on your Gondola's and well just simply wandering. Adrenaline rushes through your veins as you feel the power of the blood of this Fahdi Mohammad course through you.

As the night wears on you begin to feel tired. You wonder what other fiends roam the night and whether this new found strength would aid you against such creatures.

You look across the lagoon to the mainland where a few lights dance in the distance. Odd, the mainland usually has very little activity especially at this hour. Dismissing it you head back for home.

Do you make any more stops or just head home straight away?


Xing Shi:

Perception + Awareness
6d10 ⇒ (8, 9, 1, 4, 8, 4) = 34


Gunther Thesing prologue:

Spoiler:

I want to check in on Jordan, maybe bring her a plate of food


Michael Santos:

I'll head straight home


Storyteller Shadow:
Dexterity + Stealth, DC 7: 5d10 ⇒ (8, 5, 7, 4, 3) = 27


Xing Shi and Alessandro Khadaji Prologue:

Xing Shi as you look around for a spot to hide you see a figure pass into shadow in the exact spot which is suitable for spying.

Alessandro to your surprise the woman looks up instead of continuing down the street as she did on her way here. Her eyes widen as she sees your shadow pass in the moonlight. While she attempts to play it off, by her body language you can tell she has seen something...

The question becomes what do the two of you do?


Gunther Thesing Prologue:
You head up the stairs with a plate of food.

Jordan is laying in her bed deep in sleep, her eyes are bit puffy from crying but she is otherwise unharmed.

Do you wake her or simply leave the plate.


Michele Querini Prologue:
Micheal begins to head through the streets of the city. While keeping himself alert for trouble it is clear he does not notice you. In fact you walk in lockstep with him for a few blocks to confirm this fact.

The night is dark and the streets deserted. When do you make your presence known?

If you do, post a spoiler tag for both of you and engage him.


Xing Shi and Alessandro Khadaji:

Xing Shi will run up toward where the shadow is hiding hand on the hilt of her blade just in case. She moves with the grace of a cat through the area making her way up to where Alessandro would be.


Gunther Thesing prologue:

Spoiler:

I'll wake her up gently


Andrew the Hardy Prologue

Spoiler:

"I have a meetin tah attend, I shalt return."

Heads out the door for his meeting.


Xing Shi and Alessandro Khadaji:
I stand perfectly still, as silent as possible until she is within earshot of hushed tones.

Greetings, Sister Shadow.

I am not your enemy, you have evaded them. Merely an observer. There was a fight, about what I haven't a clue. But you were female, this intrigued me and was ever so refreshing. I followed you.

I meant no offense, and hope none was taken.

How shall we proceed, Sister?

Alessandro's voice is measured, even and unassuming coming from beneath a kerchief which hides the lower half of his face.


Xing Shi and Alessandro Khadaji:

Xing Shi eyes the man cautiously as she slowly approaches. Her eyes deceive her heritage that of the far east from which far east not so easy to discern. She is small framed but moves with the agility of a cat.

Do you look like your from italy?

"Why were you spying on us then if you are no enemy? Women intrigue you? Do you prey on them like the other scum of this city? Where are you from and why do you spy on people you don't know?"


Xing Shi and Alessandro Khadaji:
There no reason for you to think otherwise. Especially masked as he is.

I was not spying, I was enjoying the night air... When a fight broke out. How would I know to be there, at that moment? And, it is not often that among two dozen men fighting... a woman can be found holding her own.

I prey on no one. But, you are into this... "spying". Perhaps an occupational hazard of yours. I make no judgments.

What will it be then, Sister Shadow... We can part friends, strangers or enemies. Are you going to kill me, and do I have to defend myself?

You can see that, like you the man is armed... But, unlike you, he has not reached for his weapon.


Storyteller Shadow and Michael Santos:
As you are heading down a dark alleyway you hear a familiar voice from behind you "Signore Santos come here it is Michele Querini. I have need of your services."


Xing Shi and Alessandro Khadaji:

Xing Shi relaxes a bit taking her hand off her blades handle and looks at the man curiously.

"You see my face show me yours."


Xing Shi and Alessandro Khadaji:
Alessandro reaches for his mask, but merely fixes it, ensuring it is secure.

I would rather not, at this juncture. Perhaps another night, yes? I hope you can respect this. As I respect your decision, not to cover your own face.

I have never had to name myself, as I've never had need of anyone to call to me... Perhaps, "il Corvo". That should do, for now.

You seemed to have a little bit of an issue, earlier... Sister Shadow.

Was it anything I could perhaps help you with? You have not tried to kill me... yet. I do so appreciate that. And, I'd appreciate your keeping our chance meeting between us. Never mentioning me would be even better still.

Mutual consideration?

Alessandro extends a gloved hand and forearm, for a shake or warrior's clasp. In his eyes, no ill intent.


Gunther Thesing Prologue:
Jordan's eyes open. She rubs them and sits up looking at you, "Are you going to yell at me now?"


Andrew the Hardy Prologue:
You head out into the empty streets of Venice. Surprisingly it is quite easy to reach the meeting place. No Gondola rides are necessary.

You do pass a few drunken nobles walking along the canal but they pay you no heed as they gossip about a battle earlier in the evening. You assume that this is the same battle that Aodhan and Luag interposed in but you don't stop to ask any questions.

Soon enough you are standing on the docks facing the Mediterranean Sea. The gentle breeze from the sea is pushing away the stormclouds from earlier in the day. The stars are bright in the sky overhead and illuminate a lone figure standing facing teh sea as well. Based on the stance and the dress this is the Templar Brian.

He turns to regard you with a warm smile. "Good evening Andrew, a beautiful night after a nasty day. It has been a few days and I wanted to follow up with you to see if the warehouse lead has borne any fruit".


Xing Shi and Alessandro Khadaji:

Xing Shi looks to the mans hand and takes it in her tiny hands and shakes firmly.

"Just don't try spying on me anymore and we won't have problems. The altercation earlier was nothing but stupid men doing stupid things and luckily it ended quickly."

She looks around to see if anyone is watching them.

"Now if you would excuse me I must make my way someplace."


Gunther Thesing prologue

Spoiler:

"No, I am not. I came up to check on you and see that you ate something. I could not let you go to bed hungry."

Gunther sets the plate down on the sidetable beside Jordan's bed and sits himself down beside her.

"Just answer me this... You do realize that when I tell you not to do something it is only for your own good, right? That it is not to keep you from being happy, but to keep you safe, right?


Andrew the Hardy Prologue

Spoiler:

"The wharehouse is secure, an well guarded, one man got in and was killed fer his troubles."

"I have entered into business with a man there and hope to gain the list of persons utilizing the warehouse, and have met the owner of the wharehouse, whose family seems more interested in savvy business than tha religious views o tha Pope, Doge, err knights templar. Conflict wit them seems un-necessary."

"God willing I might make some money from a venture intah pipeweed which might help mah home in fightin tha English."

"I thought tah get tha man tah give me a list o who uses tha wharehouse an ask Cappelli fer references thinkin tha reference list will not contain tha shady dealins. I would think checkin references fer some goods should not be too troublin."

Basically obtain a list from Fredirico (first and secretly) and then a list from Capelli (second and by asking for it)


Xing Shi and Alessandro Khadaji:
Men and stupidness, yes. The two go hand in hand. The man's eyes smile as he takes his hand back.

Curiosity gets the better of me at times, and the more I know... you will admit, the less I would ever need to "spy".

So many flavors of stupidity. A jilted lover, a malcontent politician, an over zealous up and coming merchant, too much tax, not enough homage... my imagination gets the better of me.

Care to share? I has been nearly a boring night. Alessandro inclines his head respectfully.


Michele Querini + MIchael Santos:

Michael's ears perk up as his name is called by a familiar voice and turns to greet the man that calls out.
"Mr. Querini, it's been a while since last received by your presence. How many I be of service to you?"


Xing Shi and Alessandro Khadaji:

"Perhaps if you remove the mask we can get to know each other better but until I know who you really are..." she trails off as she looks around.

"Where I come from the only ones who were masks are criminals and assassins. My village was ambushed by such men so please accept my apology if I do not wish to provide you with information regarding this city and my dealings here."


Storyteller Shadow and Michael Santos:
I step out of the shadows looking a little more harried then usual. In a low voice"Can we go somewhere a little more private and secure? I have a substantial business offer for you that involves a lot of cargo that must move quickly tomorrow night. I look around to make sure no one is eavesdropping.


Xing Shi and Alessandro Khadaji:
Alessandro shakes his head slowly, My sympathies, young lady. I am not such as the men you mention. I would stand as enemy to those men, heart and soul.

I understand your distrust and respect it. As much as I accept my need for discretion. He points to his own mask.

I will wish you the best then, at I know not what. In ALL your endeavors, then...

I can and will share this, Sister Shadow. That spot, where you had your altercation this evening. It is a favorite of mine. Although I have no formal schedule, I frequent it often enough. You were good enough to spot me once, you can do it again. Very few others have.

If you wish to speak again, display this... He produces a saffron colored silk scarf. Offering it. We will meet here, again.

Until then, the most pleasant of evenings. Alessandro nods, offering his hand, once more.


Xing Shi and Alessandro Khadaji:

Xing Shi takes his hand again and moves out into the darkness.


Xing Shi and Shadow:

I'm going to move out to Michele Querini's cousins house to see what's going on there but keeping an eye out for anyone trying to follow me.

1,551 to 1,600 of 4,526 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Bloodlines - A Dark Ages V20 Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.