Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion

Pathfinder Roleplaying Game


Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Dark Ages Vampire - Bloodlines

Game Master Dennis Harry

Bloodlines is a continuation of the now defunct table top Dark Ages Vampire game wherein the PC's have created lineal descendants throughout the ages.

Attendees seeking a seat or have a seat in the Inner Circle:

Assamite - Lord Bajazet al Nasir.

Brujah – Lady Meridie de Chancie, Lord Criatas, “Dark”Selena, Robin Leeland.

Cappadocian – Lord Benne.

Gangrel – Milov Petrankov.

Lasombra - Prince Narses the Archbishop of Nod

Malkavian – Antione le Fanu, Lutz von Hohenzollern.

Nosferatu – Cristo Petradon, Simon.

Salubri – Brian Stack.

Setites – Sadir.

Toreador – Rafael de Corazon, Francois Villon, Helene la Jouste.

Tremere - Radek, Mistress Fanchon.

Tzimisce – Myca Vykos.

Ventrue – Alyssa Gilbert, Lady Jadviga Almanov, Lanzo von Saschen, Prince Alexander.

Remember - only those listed get votes. Of course influencing their Childer can go a long way to getting a vote.

Social Combat:

Let me first thank Sir Dunstan and his excellent Game of Thrones campaign as the inspiration for this rules tweak. A shout out to Vitaliano who also does an excellent job as a player in that campaign.

Game of Thrones has a Social Combat system that, while not translatable directly, I used as inspiration for this campaign.

This is a proposed rules set and I am more than happy to hear feedback from Players before I implement it in full.

Roleplaying is still required to get your point across. However, I think a mechanical system could be beneficial for this scenario, a scenario quite unlike anything I have ever done in a Vampire game before.

Making My Case

To convince a “voter” to side with your Sire, you may roll the following set of Attributes and Abilities:

1. Against someone who is clearly NOT in your favor --- Manipulation+Subterfuge+Politics
2. Against someone who is NEUTRAL – Charisma+Expression+Politics

The difficulty of all rolls is that Cainites Willpower. You will need to score as many successes as they have Willpower to win the contest. Once you engage the voter, you will only have three rounds to make your case and can only attempt do so one time per night.

If you have Presence – Awe or Enrancement, you may attempt to use these powers in conjunction with the above roll. Each success utilizing that Discipline gives you one more success on your total roll.

Beware, failing in using Presence in Elysium can lead to Sanctions by Thomas Brexiano.

Also beware, Cainites may try to turn this system around on you…

But What if Someone Else Tries This on a Voter I just Brought to my Side?

Amount of successes is a key factor here, you will want to score as many success as you can to ensure that a rival does not try to take that vote from you!

Certain NPC’s already believe that others are in their favor and would never change their votes. Those will be the toughest cookies to break.

Note this system cannot be used on:

Your In-Clan rivals, no amount of sweet talking or bribes will change their minds they all want this position badly.

Prince Narses, he simply will not entertain such discourse. Of course, this does not mean you cannot try to get into the ears of one of his Childer to have them speak with him…

Discerning My Quarry’s Intent

How can I tell if someone is for or against me despite what they are saying?

Make a Perception+Empathy+Politics roll.

The difficulty is 10, less that Cainites Humanity score. Those closer to the Beast are much harder to read. For every Century over 300 years that Cainite has lived, the DC will be increased by 1, topping out at 10, as these Cainites have well and truly mastered this game to have existed for so long in the first place.

Once you engage the voter, you will only have three rounds to ferret out their intent and can only attempt do so one time per night. You will need to score as many successes as they have Willpower to ascertain their intent.

If you have Auspex – Read the Soul or Invade the Mind, you may attempt to use these powers in conjunction with the above roll. Each success utilizing that Discipline gives you one more success on your total roll.

How else can I make my case?

The use of Presence, while frowned upon, is much less cause for censure than using Dominate. Dominate does not work on a Cainite whose blood is closer to Caine than your own. If you seek to use Dominate to convince a voter (or perhaps one of the Childer?) to vote for your Sire, it would be best used elsewhere in the city.

Boons – the boon system of quid pro quo can also be used to gain votes. You will need to offer something of course that that voter does not have or cannot get from another candidate.

Eliminate my rivals. This one is obvious though failure to do so without detection may subject YOU to the Final Death!


1,201 to 1,250 of 7,923 << first < prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | next > last >>

Michael Santo Prologue:
"I will be sure to Signore assuming I ever get any time off soon. If you are coming here to solicit services you may simply move along. The Grand Council is in emergency session and will be for the forseeable future".


Storyteller Shadow:
good I was thinking in that vein. Also that I will need more money to bribe guardsmen and Michael santos


Currently waiting on Sergei and Michael :-)


Sergei Volkov and Lorenzo Cappelli:
"Hmmm, very well, show me what you have found. Perhaps afterwards we can try to see the new body that was discovered and compare to that one...... Oh, before I forget, there was another visitor to the warehouse last night, claiming to be lost. He stayed for 10 minutes though."


Sergei Volkov and Lorenzo Cappelli:
"New body, what new body? What information do you have about this visitor?" he asks as he escorts Sergei to the parlor, where Hans's body awaits.

"I apologize for the odor, but he has been gone for a number of days now." Lorenzo says as he gloves up before lifting Hans's various apendages, showing the small deep cuts. "It seems whomever killed this man had a strong working knowledge of anatomy. The location of the cuts made them fairly simple to conceal and each one cuts a major artery or vein."


Sergei Volkov and Lorenzo Cappelli:
"There was a new body discovered by the guards in the poor section. No idea how to get to see it. And the visitor was a Scotsmen.

I try to see what he is talking about.


Sergei Volkov Prologue:
Sergei make an Intelligence + Medicine roll.


Sergei Volkov:

2d10 ⇒ (1, 6) = 7

Wonderful, so even though I know this was a vampire attack, and he is showing me some more than likely post mortem cuts I have to believe him.... awesome!


Sergei Volkov Prologue:
Sergei whoever did this knows that Vampires exist, the question becomes why would someone want an attack to look like a Vampire attack.
Yep, you 100% believe what Dr. Cappelli is saying though the above presents an interesting quandry and should be fully explored.


Michael Santos:

"an emergency session you say?!?" Michael says with a shocked look on his face :-@. " I have noticed throughout the city the security has become tighter, more guards patrol the streets questioning everyone's intent and where they are headed. Has something happen that we should know about?!? I have a family I need to protect good sir


Michael Santo Prologue:
"You have been working far too hard then Signore. You have not heard of the problems between Venice and the Pope? It is that which is causing all of the conflict. If you wish to protect your family pray that a compromise is worked out and soon or else we may all be in very large trouble very soon. Good day Signore".

The guard appears to dismiss you with his final statement.

What do you wish to do now?


Waiting for Dr. Cappelli to respond to Sergei. Xing Shi now that you are back from vacation feel free to do something during the day if you wish, if my post was sufficient I can pick your story back up during the evening. Andrew I will post for you later on in the evening.


Michael Santos:

If the grand council is like a public municipal building I would like to go towards the building find out more about the struggles of the two parties and how to requisition and audience with one of its member.


I'm good with what you had me doing till evening


Michael Santo Prologue:
The guard you were speaking to was in front of the building and it was clear he was not going to let you in. Do you want to wait for someone to come out and approach them? To learn more about what is going on make a Charisma + Carouse roll.


Andrew the Hardy Prologue:
You arrive on the mainland and Federico requests that Brice wait for your group till you get back.

The mainland is rather swampy right near the lagoon and the walk is through a great deal of muck. Refuse from the city has washed up on the shores but it still smells better than the city proper.

After a fifteen minute walk you arrive at the plot and it is small though well grown with pipeweed. The area right nearby is vast with nothing in site though clearly the patch has spread beyond Federico's plot. All in all his plot is about a quarter acre though it is surrounded by acres and acres of empty land.

"What do you think Signore?"


Sergei Volkov and Lorenzo Cappelli:
"Any idea of who has the body?" the former doctor asks, implying a willingness to examine the body, given the chance.

"A Scotsman? Here? And sniffing around the warehouse? I suppose I will have to speak with Dominic and see if he knows anything about this Scotsman."


Sergei Volkov ONLY:
The body is likely in the hands of the authorities which in this city is the Grand Council and the office of the Doge.


prologue

Spoiler:

"Fredirico, you have done well with what you have! Here nearby is land unused and ready to be grown upon. Let us survey your land first an then decide which way o' expansion is best. Let us determine our preference first an then see if either noble needs tah be approached, mayhap pitting them gainst each other is tha best course."

"Wha marks tha lands an who owns what?"


Michele, Gunther and Xing Shi we will assume you continue your days with no significant encounters. Everyone else has a few things to do before night falls.


Andrew the Hardy Prologue:
Federico beams at the compliment. "Signore Andrew all of the land is owned by the same family though different brothers own different parcels. I believe the eldest brother is Amborgino Giovanni though he is from what I understand a very old recluse. The second brother Claudius Giovanni is from what I understand always away from the city and difficult to contact. The youngest brother is the one who runs the family affairs he is named Pietro Giovanni".


Prologue

Spoiler:

"So we should contact one o tha Giovanni's an see iffen they would sell err lease tha land I think iffen they got a chance tah see fer themselves they would be more liken tah sell."

"Where ken we meet one o them?"

fully intends to go and find one of the family members right away...


Andrew the Hardy Prologue:
"The Giovanni are merchants of death. They provide services to prepare corpses for burial. They also trade in different spices and fluids all over the world. It is also said that they have some dealings with the Knights Templars though what those dealings are I do not know perhaps the transportation of bodies of the fallen Knights. I do know one of their workers as I had to pay him to care for my deceased grandmother just last year. Let us go now and speak with them I agree, time is wasting!"

With that Federico heads back to the Gondola where Brice awaits you all. "Where to now Signore's?"


Prologue

Spoiler:

"We err goin tah meet tha Giavonnis an see bout some land. I think they might like tah be known fer something better fer livin like pipeweed tha bein undertakers."

With some difficulty gets back into the boat.

"May leg is hurtin a bit."

Produces a flask and takes a drink

"A bit early fer a celebration but a toast none tha less."

"To agriculture! an pipeweed!"


Andre the Hardy Prologue:
Donnach packs a pipe with some wet weed, "Hopen ye don;t mind Federico but I figured I would have a bit of a taste test as it were".

Donnach has a hard time lighting the still damp weed but he manages and passes it around, Brice waves it off and cotniues pushing the Gondola forward. "I may need to stop back and check with my boss about this location not too familiar with it".


prologue

Spoiler:

"Business is business, I hope tha family is receptive, whoever is tha public face o tha family is likly tha best tah start wit."

"Egads Donnach! I think yer supposed tah dry it afore yah put it in yer pipe an smoke it."

"Youd be wastin yer energy tah check in wit yer boss rather tha gets a handsome tip. Can't be standin in tha way o progress!"


Storyteller Shadow:
Actually I wanted to talk to Sadir about the healing properties of the wine when night falls. Is that ok?


Sergei Volkov and Lorenzo Cappelli:
Sergei grimaces
"I believe the body to be with the Grand Council. I wonder if it is even worth it though. Whoever killed Hans was not a vampire, or a vampire covering up his crimes by puncturing his victims after they have died...... This is worse than I have thought. I have to tell the others!!!! I will meet back with you later!"

Sergei hurriedly turns and goes to exit!


Sergei Volkov and Lorenzo Cappelli:
"Very well, Signore Volkov. Until we meet again."

Lorenzo Cappelli Prologue:
Pleased that Sergei seems to have bought into his explanation, Lorenzo returns to his breakfast.


Andrew the Hardy Prologue:
"Very well then. We may be wandering around for a bit". Brice pushes through the lagoon and into the city cana;s proper to look for the Giovanni household.


Michele Querini Prologue:
Of course but that is in the by Night time. I have been splitting up by Day and by Night.


Sergei Volkov Prologue:
Sergei where are you going and what are you doing?


Lorenzo Cappelli Prologue:
Do you want to take it easy teh rest of the day or do you want to meet with Dominic regarding the events of the previous night that Sergei reported?


prologue

Spoiler:

"Yah mean tah say in yer line o werk yah don't know where everting is?"

Takes another swig off of his flask


Lorenzo Cappelli Prologue:
Having finished his breakfast, Lorenzo makes his way over to see his brother, Dominic.

"Good morning, brother. Signore Volkov stopped by this morning and mentioned something about a 'visitor' to the warehouse last night. I believe he said the the gentleman was a Scotsman...do you have any Scotish clients?"


Andrew the Hardy Prologue:
"Well this is my first day onthe job", Brice laughs as he steers the Gondola down the canal looking at each building as he goes.


Lorenzo Cappelli Prologue:
Dominic is at home doing some bookkeeping. He rummages through his business logs for a while before responding.

"No, we don't. Francois and Federico were both at the warehouse last night so one of them should know if anyone stopped by. Federico is off until tomorrow. I will send a message to Francois to stop by the warehouse and give me an account of this visitor. This is most disturbing news".


prologue

Spoiler:

"May God have mercy upon us an yer-self!"


Michael Santos:

I would like to wait for someone to come out and learn more about the situation, but is there any chance I can learn about Michele Q. And how to contact him?
Charisma+carouse 7d10 ⇒ (4, 2, 4, 4, 5, 10, 1) = 30


Michael Santo Prologue:
The dice roller is not loving you! Luckily the DC is pretty low on this one.

The crowd outside is full of men and women gossiping about the current state of affairs. The city is very divided between those who believe the Doge should pull Venetian troops out of Ferrara which the Republic currently occupies. Supporters of the Doge see such an act as unnecessary it is none of the Pope's business what Venetians do, he should keep his nose out of secular dealings. The debates back and forth are quite heated with screaming matches all over the plaza. Soldier presence keeps the fights to verbal matters only. At night fistfights and even swordfights have broken out. Most people are too busy arguing to discuss anything about Michele Querini. The impression you get is that he is just one of a multitude of Councilors and a low man on the pole based on his age.

A number of councilors come out of the doors to break for lunch this is your opportunity. Make a Charisma + Etiquette roll to attract the attention of one of the Councilors - a strong verbal post will give you bonus to successes.


Michael Santos:

Michael approaches once of the councilmen
"Goodday councilman how goes today's session? I trust that you fine gentleman are working tirelessly towards a resolution to empower our state of affairs binging about a glorious change to our fair city. I only inquire as a business owner and I hope you don't mind me inquiring but business is only beneficial when one knows which way our political foundation is structured on."
Michael sticks out his hand "I do apologize where are my manners my name is Michael, Michael Santos please to meet you good sir"
7d10 ⇒ (5, 8, 9, 5, 1, 9, 3) = 40 charisma and etiquette


Michael Santo Prologue:
The Councilman smiles back at you warmly, "Ciao Signore Santo, I am Giacomo Soranzo a pleasure to meet you. Let me assure you that we will work to achieve a peaceful resolution with the Holy See. If only our passionate citizens could keep their fiery tempers in check they would see that the Pope has never before Excommunicated an entire people. It is just a matter of settling things in a way that is mutually beneficial to all paeties involved".


Michael Santos:

"indeed I see that there have been an increase of citizens that have more than verbalize there stance in these political endeavors. How can someone in my position give aid to the cause more to the point how can I requisition an audience with council members who share the same views?"


Michael Santo Prologue:
"That request I suppose depends on which side you fall".


Michael Santos:

I reread the first message that gave the layout of what is what I am guessing it's general knowledge
"It is to my knowledge that the nobles from the families of Dandolo, grandenigo, querini, tiep olo, and Soronzo" Michael gestures towards his new comrade and moves in closer so conceal his conversation as best as he can " are in favor of the doge governing this fair city, we have had no influence of the Pope until now and honestly outside of religion and protecting the souls of man I see no reason for them to meddle in political affairs. The doge have been guiding us very well up until now and I would like to see it continued.
Michael thinks to him self .oO(my stance is with the doge some of them are my best clients, and the most successful part of my business is catering to the cardinal pleasures of the people of this city I doubt The pope and his followers wouldn't think to highly of my business)


Michael Santo Prologue:
Some of the families you listed support the Doge and some do not, no biggie.
Giacomo chuckles, "Not true that support is given or denied by family lines though many families would like the citizens to believe it is the case. It is good that you support the Doge, I support him as well though I do think this Pope is different from other Popes, he is dangerous and power hungry. That being said we must tread lightly in these negotiations and the Doge is being far too heavy handed. Tell me were I to grant you a more formal audience what would I gain for my time?"


Michael Santos:

"well I was requesting to meet with some of the supporters of the doge. I would like to aid in the struggle either by way of monetary compensation to continue with the on going political show down or use of my gondola services. I would like to play my part and assist the nobles that can keep business flowing for me and my family. If need be how could I contact you or any other supporters I am sure there are needs that either I or associates of mine could be of use.


Not trying to step on your toes, Dennis...
Just an FYI, if anyone wants a quick reference about the Doge of Venice (which I felt I needed to read up on), check out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doge_of_Venice


Michael Santo Prologue:
The Councilman gives you his contact address and agrees to meet with you on Saturday to discuss mutually beneficial alliances. Where to next?


Michael Santos:

I'll go visit the doc then thesing

1,201 to 1,250 of 7,923 << first < prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Bloodlines - A Dark Ages V20 Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2016 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.