Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Dark Ages Vampire - Bloodlines

Game Master Dennis Harry

Bloodlines is a continuation of the now defunct table top Dark Ages Vampire game wherein the PC's have created lineal descendants throughout the ages.


1,151 to 1,200 of 4,076 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>

prologue

Spoiler:

"Fine then once you have yer rest come round an we shall be at tha ready tah inspect tha fields."

Heads out the door and back to the hotel


Venice by Day – Thursday March 5, 1309

Andrew the Hardy Prologue:
You wake late in the morning having had a late night out with Donnach. Aodhan informs you that there is no more word from the Doge’s people so he and Luag will simply be exploring the city today and gathering information, “Perhaps some nobles or merchants will make deals if the Doge himself will not”.

As you sit down to enjoy lunch and watch Donnach attempt to shake his wine hangover Federico arrives. “Good morning Signore. May I join you for lunch before we head off to the property?”

Lorenzo Cappelli Prologue:
You wake up feeling more energized than you have in years. Your meeting with Dr. Benne has given you a goal to reach for, the question now, how to get there?
What would you like to do?

Xing Shi Prologue:
You follow the guardsman with ease to his employers’ home. You sit there and wait to trail his comings and goings. I know you are away this week so I will just have you lay low and follow the cousin for the day.

Gunther Thesing Prologue:
You wake up to the sound of laughter from downstairs. Groggily you get up to see what the fuss is all about. As you head down you find Jordan talking excitedly with Fiona.
She turns to the sound of you coming down the stairs, “Daddy I received a message from Christopher this morning. He has confirmed the evening for tomorrow. He wishes to take me to dinner on the canal, may I go?”

Michael Santo Prologue:
You have a busy day ahead of you, a visit to Gunther, a visit to Dr. Cappelli, a visit to the Grand Council where do you begin?

Katriana Volkov Prologue:
You wake next to Antonio. Both of you fully clothed, Antonio was a complete gentleman though you are not sure whether you wanted him to be or not. It is nice to wake up without the stressful presence of Sergei. What do you do?

Sergei Volkov Prologue:
You wake up with a sense of purpose. Francois has found a lead on the warehouse situation and you mean to do something with it.
Brice and Wilhelm sit in the kitchen discussing their findings from the previous night.
As you come down the stairs Wilhelm turns to you, “There was a murder last night Sergei. A woman had her throat slashed in one of the poorer areas of the city. I am not sure where the body is or if we can see it as the watch found the body. I can try to see it though if you wish”.
“Worth a try says Brice. Well I am off to my new job for the day, I don’t want to be late, your friend is treating me like a real employee not a plant to gain info”.
Francois comes quickly down the stairs, “Sergei, Katriana did not come home last night, we must locate her at once!”
Wilhelm rolls her eyes as he has seen this from her before. What do you do?

Michele Querini Prologue:
The sun is in the middle of the sky by the time you wake and come up to the deck. Your side feels well fine! Checking your wounds it seems they miraculously healed over night.
You are stunned by the revelation and would like to talk to Sadir about it but he said not to disturb him by day.
As you look about the ship there seems to be a skeleton crew about cleaning and repairing things but the ship itself is in a cove not even moving forward! What do you do?


prologue

Spoiler:

"Indeed break bread with us, as I give thanks tah tha Lord."

"Shall we hire a gondala an mayhap a carriage tah get there, mah leg is still not healed from tha wound."


Andrew the Hardy Prologue:
"Of course Signore. We will need one anyway as the plot I own is on the mainland".

You eat lunch and drink heartily. From there you head out to look for a Gondola. Federico flags one down. "Signore we need to go to the mainland".
"Not a problem, hop on board. I am Brice". Andrew the aids you in getting onto the boat. Once you are all loaded he pushes off.

"Where on the mainland do you wish to go?"


Sergei Volkov:
"Keep an eye out for any Scotsman in dresses while you are out Brice, and maybe try to find out more on this murder. I will try to see about maybe getting in with the guardsmen. As far as Katriana Francois, I have no idea where she went. She is a grown woman, she can handle herself. You need to focus on finding Querini. Wilhelm, you have a small amount of medical knowledge, maybe you can pose as a doctor to try to investigate the body of this dead woman? Perhaps not. I will try to find Signore Cappelli, maybe he can make something happen."

So have Brice keep an eye out for the Scotsman, and the other 2 on the hunt for Querini. I will find Cappelli first, and try to see about the body depending on how that goes.


prologue

Spoiler:
Andrew defers to Fredirico for the answer to the question...

"Headed tah see his homestead."


Andrew the Hardy Prologue:
Federico gives the directions and the man nods. "Alright I believe I can get you there".

The boatman turns to you, "My Lord tell me are you from Scotland by any chance?"


prologue

Spoiler:

"Indeed an proud though not prideful o tha fact, tis by tha grace o tha almighty!"[/b]


Gunther Thesing prologue:

Spoiler:
Storyteller Shadow wrote:
“Daddy I received a message from Christopher this morning. He has confirmed the evening for tomorrow. He wishes to take me to dinner on the canal, may I go?”

"Sweetheart..." Gunther begins as he gently places his large meaty hands upon his delicate daughter's shoulders... "I do approve of Christopher. Truly. He seems to be a young man of great merit, but I have to refuse you going to the canal, even accompanied by someone. It is too dangerous these days. You may go to dinner with him, but not anywhere near the canal. Am I understood? It is for your own safety."


Lorenzo Cappelli Prologue:
Where is the last known where abouts of Hans's body?


Storyteller Shadow:
Thinking to myself...that is strange how I am doing better. Sadir did say the exotic drink would heal me but I thought it was a jest. That it would put me to sleep so I can heal faster. The properties are quite miraculas but...how haveI never heard of this? I will speak with Sadir tonight. Then I will walk over to one of the crew and ask, "Who can I speak with that is in charge of this vessel?"


Andrew the Hardy Prologue:
"One should always be proud of whence they came. My parents hail from Ireland but they moved rather than live under the yoke of the English".

The boatman continues to row your group out to the mainland.


Gunther Thesing Prologue:
"Daddy we will be with his guardsmen. Is that ok?"


Lorenzo Cappelli Prologue:
You still have Hans' body.


Michele Querini Prologue:
As you walk about the ship you are unable to find a single person you can communicate with. No one speaks Italian or even Latin. What do you wish to do?


Storyteller Shadow:
I will try to find something to eat and just watch the men work for a while. After a bit I will head to my quarters to try to recall what I spoke about with Sadir and finally figure out how to move all these people to the Inn.


Michele Querini Prologue:
You find food easily enough, very fresh fruit. In fact surprisingly fresh fruit.
The day passes quickly as the crew works in a very precise manner. If this is a pirate ship it is the most efficient one in the sea. No small talk, no sitting about, and no gambling. It is quite odd even for a well trained merchant ship.
Make an Intelligence roll to generate ideas for bringing the slaves into the city.


Spoiler:

"Tha yoke they tries tah put upon free-men will cost them their heads!"

"Fear not one day tha English will ave tah stay in England."


Lorenzo Cappelli Prologue:
Lorenzo descends back into his laboratory and in an attempt to create a plausible cause of exsanguination of Hans's body, creates a number of small but deep incisions into various folds and creases in Hans's body.

Thinking to himself, Hopefully Signore Volkov is not particularly skilled in the field of anatomy... as he places Hans's body on the lift to return it to the parlor.

His work complete, Lorenzo leaves his home to head for Sergei's.


Gunther Thesing prologue:

Spoiler:

"You have my answer Jordan. The canal is not safe these days, and I do not care how many guardsmen are going to be accompaning you..."
Gunther's eyes sadden
"If anything should befall you, I would not know what to do... so please, this one time, trust your old man and find some other place to go tomorrow evening."


Storyteller Shadow:
straight Int only 2d10 ⇒ (4, 6) = 10


Michael Santos:

Michael awakes a prepares to conquer the world today. Michael roams the house eats a hearty breakfast that his wife cooks up and fools around with her. Michael entertains himself with his children and rushes out the door "I am off family set to bring you the world"

I would like to see the appeals council


Lorenzo Cappelli Prologue:
You are able to accomplish your goal with little trouble as the stiffness of the body lends to the ease of creating the small incisions.
Make an Intelligence + Medicine roll to create a plausible explanation for what may have made the incisions.


Sergei Volkov and Lorenzo Cappelli Prologue:
Sergei you step out of the house in the morning and take in a breath of fresh air. The sky is overcast and it looks like the day will become quite wet quite soon. Never one to shy away from bad weather you head out towards your destination.

Despite the chaos in the city it seems Venetians have a resilient spirit and are out and about in force working and enjoying the cool morning. The trip across town is much faster now that you know where you are going.

Dr. Cappelli you are enjoying your breakfast for the first time in many years when you hear a knock on your door.


Gunther Thesing Prologue:
Jordan looks a bit disappointed but she capitulates, "Alright Daddy. Can I go see him today and let him know that I can go just not to the canal?"


Michele Querini Prologue:
Make two more straight Intelligence rolls. This will be a cumulative pool. Depending on the number of successes will depend on the suggestion I make which is likely what you will do unles you come up with something better on your own.


Michael Santo Prologue:
You head off on a cool overcast day to City Hall to meet with any member of the Grand Council who will see you.

You tether your Gondola to the pier and head up towards the majestic building which is still very much under construction. The Doge's are known for their opulance but the new Doge's vision for the central political building is much grander and more sweeping than any prior project.

The town square is full of hustle and bustle with iterally thousands of people runing to and fro. Working on construction, opening stalls and coming and going form the old building likely to do business.

You head up to the front door where a guardsman stops you in your tracks. "State your business citizen".


Lorenzo Cappelli Prologue:
Intelligence+Medicine:7d10 ⇒ (1, 3, 7, 9, 10, 2, 3) = 35 (Analytical Specialty if applicable)

Sergei Volkov and Lorenzo Cappelli Prologue:
Pausing from his enjoyable meal when hearing the knock at the door, Lorenzo goes to see who is calling this morning, never one to be overly trusting, "Good morning, who's there?" he asks with a pleasant tone to his voice.


Gunther Thesing prologue:

Spoiler:

Gunther exhales a slight sigh of relief.

"Thank you, Jordan. Yes, of course you can go see him to let him know. Better to inform him sooner than later. It's only right. Just be sure to be home before dark, young lady. Understood?"

He smiles and plants a gentle kiss on her forehead.


Sergei Volkov and Lorenzo Cappelli Prologue:
"It's Sergei Volkov, Signore Cappelli. I was wondering if you had a minute or two to speak with me on a matter."


Gunther Thesing Prologue:
You sit down to spend time with your wife when there is a knock on the door.


Gunther Thesing prologue:

Spoiler:

Gunther and Fiona look at each other quizzically.

"Are you expecting anyone, husband?" Fiona asks.

"No, not at all." With a heavy sigh Gunther adds, "Well, better see who it is."

Pushing himself up from his chair he walks to the front door to answer it.


Gunther Thesing Prologue:
You head to the door and open it. It is Guiseppe your head bartender.
"Mr. Thesing I have heard the Tavern is closed down again. What shall the staff do? Are we working or not until these people leave?"


Gunther Thesing prologue:

Spoiler:

"The Kestral party has reserved the Inn and the Tavern for a few days. They require absolute privacy during their stay. They are not to be disturbed for any reason whatsoever. The staff can stay on as usual... but do not disrupt Mr. Kestral and his companions. Anything they require will be handled by me personally."


Sergei Volkov and Lorenzo Cappelli Prologue:
"Ah, Signore Volkov, good to see you again, and fortuitous I may add. I was planning to come see you today. You see, I have spent a bit more time with Hans's body, it seems that whomever killed him wanted us to believe something as fanciful as a vampire attack. My new working theory is that he was poisoned, followed by exsanguination via a number of carefully concealed, small but deep cuts into select areas of his body. If you follow me I would be happy to show you."


Storyteller Shadow:
Roll 12d10 ⇒ (4, 1) = 5
Roll 2 2d10 ⇒ (6, 7) = 13


prologue

Spoiler:

"Upon an adventure Donnach! What say you?"


Gunther Thesing Prologue:
"Very good Signore", Guiseppe leaves smiling.

Fiona turns to you, "My love I thought it was almost a month these guests would be here. Did this man pay you that many ducats that we can support the whole staff?"


Storyteller Shadow:
Would it be unreasonable to think that something was wrong here? Does he seem any different?


Gunther Thesing prologue:

Spoiler:

"Everything will be fine, but just to make certain I am going to see if the dockworkers need an extra set of hands. Since the staff will be running things in my absence, this would be the perfect time to bring in some extra money. I am sure they can use the extra manpower."


Sergei Volkov Prologue:
No, he was borderline on your explanation to begin with. After you see the body and hear what he has to say you can make a check if you are still suspicious.


Lorenzo Cappelli Prologue:
Based on your roll the most likely would be the one you proposed, that someone is intentionally setting things up. Based on his facila expression and his current silence it is clear he is not happy to hear this news but you will have to let him speak for himself further before you can better read on him.


Andrew the Hardy Prologue:
"Terrific, is this boat designed for these open water?" asks Donnach as the Gondola leaves the canals and enters the waterway between the mainland and the city.

The boatman replies, "I don't see why not, we are still floating, of course this is my first time trying this..."


Gunther Thesing Prologue:
"Did you not just tell Jordan that the canals are dangerous now you will be working there. Did you not accept that proposal so you could take a break? Why would you do extra work now. I think you should give them the time off. I know you care for your employees but these extra ducats are supposed to make life easier for us not more difficult".


Michele Querini Prologue:
Clearly it would be better to bring these people by Gondola then on foot. You do have a solid deal with Michael Santo to Gondola goods though not people. Before you can settle on that idea though you will need to determien where the Inn is located as you have never heard of it before.


prologue

Spoiler:

"Take heart Donnach! Had yah more faith yeed be tryin tah walk cross this!"


Gunther Thesing prologue:

Spoiler:

"And under other circumstances, I would agree with you, whole-heartedly, but you have seen our daughter with this Christopher fellow. She loves him... and he seems to love her back. She is happy, and he comes from royal blood. If they are to remain together, meaning if they are to be married, Jordan is to provide a suitable dowry. Well, the money I received upfront from Mr. Kestral was only half of what he paid me, and it was a sizeable amount to put towards Jordan's dowry."

Gunther sighs heavily, then continues.

But now... now that the welfare of all of my staff is in jeopardy, I have to make certain that they remain employed so that business continues to be prosperous... which means using the ducats set aside for Jordan's dowry to pay the employees... which means finding other means of an income to make that money back so that Jordan can remain happy."

Pausing a moment, he waits for a response. Hearing none, he adds,
"Besides, once Kestral and his companions leave, I will receive the second half of my payment, plus the money I receive working on the docks will put us ahead again. This is only temporary. A small sacrifice. Nothing this old man cannot handle."


Gunther Thesing Prologue:
"Very well. I was not aware of this dowry. If we have to buy her a husband perhaps she is better off with a different young man. But how to tell her such a thing? No, you are right husband we must do what is best for her. This is why I love you so much Gunther Thesing". She gives you a big hug and a passionate kiss.
What would you like to do with the rest of the day?


Gunther Thesing prologue:

Spoiler:

Get busy with the Mrs. for a bit. Don't know when he'll have another opportunity. lol


Michael Santos:

"Good day guardsmen my name is, Michael Santos, I am an upstanding citizen of this faIr city of Venice. I just dropped off my fare and had some time I rarely have time to stop in the inner portions of the city and look around I thought to take in the sights."
Michael looks around at the fast pace of the city taking in the scenery
"if your ever in need please my good man don't hesitate to stroll down river in the care of the Barca de fume. Makes for a wonder romantic gesture with the ladies or if your on business we have the first class Gondola rides to impress clients and shows status of men among men."

1,151 to 1,200 of 4,076 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Bloodlines - A Dark Ages V20 Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.