Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Dark Ages Vampire - Bloodlines

Game Master Dennis Harry

Bloodlines is a continuation of the now defunct table top Dark Ages Vampire game wherein the PC's have created lineal descendants throughout the ages.


1,101 to 1,150 of 4,217 << first < prev | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | next > last >>

Sergei Volkov:
Sergei will consult with Katria in his quarters for the remainder of the night. Is tonight the night he starts at the warehouse?


prologue

Spoiler:

As stealthily as two buzzed Scottsmen can!...

we do have a meeting afterall ;)


Sergei Volkov Prologue:
You assume Francois started tonight as he has not come back and it is 11 pm. Bruce was back around 9 and he headed right to sleep. Wilhelm has not checked in since the previous night. Katriana is still out as well likely having a "tantrum"


Andrew the Hardy Prologue:
Alright then make a Dexterity + Stealth check.


Sergei Volkov:
I am not sweating it. She has done this many times in the past 40 years. I assume any incidents that happen at the warehouse will be told to me in the morning. Other than that, done for the night!!!


Michael Santos:

[B]"I prefer to settle any business contracts today I do not like to have lingering debt hanging over me. You did mention the person I am looking for is a member of th e grand council so that would seem like a good starting place to try and find him with out any looming obligations. However what you did mention is correct I do come across information quite easily and frequently which could be a continuous venture prosperous for both parties if your Mr. Ansorate would care to discuss a better business relationship which could be long term instead of a one shot deal. Plus it's more a business relationship instead of a one time debt which I do like.!


Michael Santo Prologue:
"Very well, let us agree to exchange secrets on an ongoing basis. When we have another query we will come to you". With that he takes his leave. .Anything else you want to do this evening?


prologue

Spoiler:

stealth + dex
5d10 ⇒ (5, 6, 2, 10, 10) = 33

Re-roll 10's
2d10 ⇒ (10, 9) = 19

"Quietly Donnach tha Doge's men err likely about, an we err suposed tah be indoors."


Andrew the Hardy Prologue:
No need to re-roll 10's they just count twice.
You arrive at the warehouse undetected avoiding any people, though you are an hour late. You knock on the door to the warehouse and Federico answers with a sheepish look on his face. "Can I help you Signore?" Make a Perception + Empathy roll


prologue

Spoiler:

perception + empathy
6d10 ⇒ (1, 3, 9, 9, 9, 5) = 36

"My applogies we ave arrived at tha wrong place, ken you tell me how tah get tah tha kingsway inn?"


Andrew the Hardy Prologue:
As you ask the question another man comes to the doorway. The man speaks Italian with a French accent, "Are these customers here to retrieve something?"
Federico responds, "No Francois they are simply lost. I will aid them in finding their way. You are quite tired no? Take the rest of the evening off. You can report to Guiseppe tomorrow night, bene?"
Francois considers the proposal, "Very well, do you have one of those writs so I won't be accosted?"
Federico steps inside and retrieves a scroll case for Francois. "Remember to bring it back tomorrow".
Francois bids you all a good night and leaves.
"Come in says Federico, I will get you those "directions".


Gunther Thesing prologue:

Spoiler:
Storyteller Shadow wrote:
[b]“Greetings Signore Thesing, I am Talisman. Mr. Kestral told me that you Inn and Tavern would be available to my people tonight though I fear there is no one minding your Inn this evening so I was forced to come here to find you. Let this trouble you not, I understand why you would not pool resources of your people there when you have no vacancies. No doubt I am the first of the group to arrive. I am sure a century has passed since I have been in this place, or at least that is how it feels to me”, he states in perfect Italian smiling.

Gunther looks a bit perplexed by it all. It's not as though he isn't familiar with people speaking in Italian, but not knowing the language himself has him at a certain disadvantage.

He looks around for someone from his staff who might be able to translate.

Sorry for the delayed post. Still experiencing internet issues, but they may be resolves by tomorrow.


Gunther Thesing:
Your base language HAS to be Italian we are in Venice Italy. If you want a second language need to spend 1 freebie to take linguistics. That being said feel free to edit your response :)


prologue

Spoiler:

"Many thanks to you, we have indeed lost our way and must needs find it again."


Michael Santos:

In case you didn't receive my text I'll retire for the night can't think of anything else I would do. The next morning I would like to see about contacting Michele through the grand council.


Andrew the Hardy Prologue:
"Well done arriving late. I thought that French fool would never leave. Shall we discuss your further questions now?"


Michael Santo Prologue:
Alright. Besides heading to the Grand Council you also need to (1) meet with Gunther regarding a job for Anya and (2) meet with Dr Cappelli to finalize funeral arrangements. You may also want to check in on the Volkov's again.


prologue

Spoiler:

"Straight tah business I like that! My thoughts on tha matter was yer land is yers, me an mine want tah purchse tha adjacent parcels nuff tah have a fine crop o pipeweed, seems clear nuff tha I kent be round fer tha farmin part an a tenth part could go tah pay fer labor o tha whole farm, a tenth part in tithes, a tenth part tah upkeep an seed, leavin 7 parts o profit."

"When could we see tha land, an meet with tha owners o tha adjacent parcels?"

"Is there another expense I might have tah bare so this ken work? Yah let me know it up front, iffen I need tah make sure yer family is fed through tha first year yah tell me truth on it."


Andrew the Hardy Prologue:
Federico smiles broadly. "Signore, if we can do this thing it would be most excellent. I am not entirely sure that the nobleman with land next to mine would sell but I can arrange a meeting with him. It will take some time as he is a hard man to reach. I will let you know when I have secured the meeting. I have no need of further ducats from you. If I do this I am sure my parents will feed me until I have a crop up and running. This calls for a toast".

He rummages around the desk and finds a bottle of alcohol. As he pours it you can smeel that it is strong stuff. "From the east! Good stuff!" He salutes you and takes a shot with you and Donnach. Without a doubt you feel it hit you and a warmth slides down your gullet. Donnach makes a face it sems too strong for his tastes.

Was there anything else you wanted to ask him now that you have him in a state of euphoria :-)


Sergei Volkov Prologue:
As you are lying in bed listening to the sounds of Katya's breathing there is a soft knock on your door. What do you do?


Sergei Volkov:
Get up and answer the door, sans clothes unless I am wearing them, hehe


Sergei Volkov Prologue:
You answer the door and standing there is Francois who turns his head away, "Put some pants on man and come downstairs I saw something tonight that was quite curious".
With that he heads down the hallway,


Sergei Volkov:
I comply with his wishes.


Sergei Volkov Prologue:
"I was finishing my first shift with the regular kid at the warehouse when there was a knock at the door. Kid said the guy was lost but I don't buy it. Don't know who the guy us but he should be easy to find a Scotsman in a skirt. I don't think he is a monster but maybe he knows something about the cargo the good Dr. found. Thoughts?"


Sergei Volkov:
"This was the kid they were having trouble with, yes? Did he act strange when you talked to him?"


Sergei Volkov Prologue:
"Not trouble, they just thought he was too inexperienced he is good with a blade though we sparred a bit in the warehouse. I just find the break-in last night a bit too coincidental. Twice in two nights people lose their way in an area with no taverns or inns. I doubt it".


Sergei Volkov:
"You should have stayed, was your shift over? perhaps I will bring this up with Signore Cappelli tomorrow. Good job Francois. Get some sleep."


Sergei Volkov Prologue:
"Had I stayed he would have sent the man away. Instead I waited ten minutes. The man did not leave so clearly he was not just giving the man directions. I will head to my rooms now".


Sergei Volkov:
It would take a while to get to the warehouse, right?


Sergei Volkov Prologue:
Yes plus it took Francois at least an hour to an hour and a half to get back here.


prologue

Spoiler:

"Donnach is not so certain o yer ability tah protect tha investment, I told him bout tha prowler yah had here an how yah took care o tha business, an this place is not even yer land. I fear I butchered tha story an was not so convincin as all tha iffen yah could tell him bout it I think he would be more willin tah invest. I am correct in thinkin tha more land we gets tha better fer crops."

"Mayhap one o tha adjacent lands will give deed tah a larger plot iffen one o them refuses tah sell, course a supply o fresh pipeweed fer a few years might get them tah consider it right proper, meeting tha gents should help us tah find out a bit more."

"Now bout tha story."

Settles himself comfortably as if to listen to an epic tale!


Andrew the Hardy Prologue:
"Well I did not confront the prowler myself. It was Giuseppe who dealt with that man. He musta snuck in the window up there" he points to a window that you know is extremely difficult to get to "and come down on the boxes. Supposedly he was opening a crate when Giuseppe got him from behind. I don;t know what happened to the body but he told me he got a Dr. to look at the body. I think the Dr. was the owner's brother".

Federico takes another sip of wine, "Guarding the land should be no issue my friend. Once we acquire the land it is in an area where few dwell or go. I can build a small home right on the property to be on site at all times for very little expense. I spent time as a builder".


Once Andrew and Gunther complete their scenes we will move onto the next day.


My bad. I had assumed that my only known language would be Hungarian since that is where he is originally from. If necessary, I'll spend some of my earned xp for a point in Languages so that he has Italian as his second language. How many points is it again?

Gunther Thesing prologue:

Spoiler:
Storyteller Shadow wrote:
“Greetings Signore Thesing, I am Talisman. Mr. Kestral told me that you Inn and Tavern would be available to my people tonight though I fear there is no one minding your Inn this evening so I was forced to come here to find you. Let this trouble you not, I understand why you would not pool resources of your people there when you have no vacancies. No doubt I am the first of the group to arrive. I am sure a century has passed since I have been in this place, or at least that is how it feels to me”, he states in perfect Italian smiling.

Gunther replies, "Welcome to Greetings, Talisman. You are correct. Your arrival has been expected and everything is in readiness."

Looking past Talisman he gets the attention of one of his staff and snaps his fingers once, gesturing him over promptly.

"I will have someone show you to your accommodations. I understand that you and your party are not to be disturbed during your stay, so should you need anything I would ask that you request it now. By the way, I live just down the road and can be reached there, should you need something later on. I will see to it personally."

A look of concern furrowed Gunther's brow as he recalls something Talisman said just dawns on him. Did he say it's been a century since he was here? Surely he was exaggerating. "What am I thinking, of course he was.", Gunther thinks to himself.

Gunther shakes his head slightly and puts the silly notion out of his mind.


Just one freebie point for the extra language.

Gunther Thesing Prologue:
"Very good. Please come to my chambers later this evening so we may discuss matters in private".


Ok I'll spend 1xp on one dot in Languages

Gunther Thesing prologue:]

Spoiler:

Storyteller Shadow wrote:
"Very good. Please come to my chambers later this evening so we may discuss matters in private".

As the Inn is temporarily closed, Gunther takes advantage of the opportunity to tend to matters without interruption... stocking shelves, taking inventory, turning over chairs onto tables, sweeping up and tidying up the bar, and locking up.

Once everything is in order, he heads home to enjoy a hot meal with his wife and daughter before meeting with Talisman.


Gunther Thesing Prologue:
After a late, late evening snack Gunther heads to the Inn. In the common room you find Talisman sitting alone muttering to himself his attendants nowhere in sight.
He turns to you and motions for you to sit.
"Prior to learning that Mr. Kestral reserved the Inn and Tavern solely for the conclave I had arranged for a certain young Lady to come here. Tell me did Ms. Volkov arrive at your Inn recently?"


Gunther Thesing prologue:

Spoiler:

"Yes, she was. Unfortunately, I do not know where she is now."


Gunther Thesing Prologue:
"I shall track her down then. Tell me what is going on in this city there seem to be a number of armed guards walking the streets at night most unusual even for as large a city as this one".


Gunther Thesing prologue:

Spoiler:

Gunther leans forward and in hushed tones gives Talisman a brief rundown on the latest city events that he's aware of.


Gunther Thesing Prologue:
"Quite troubling. I hope to be away from the city long before tensions between the Doge and the Pope come to a head. No offense Master Thesing. Based upon what I know about Mr. Kestral I would shut down the Tavern as of tonight. If he walks into the crowd I did tonight he would be most displeased with you and he is a dangerous thing to cross".


Gunther Thesing prologue:

Spoiler:

"Done. However, this does put a damper on my business. Yes, I did make special arrangements for Mr. Kestral. It was a very sound business arrangement at the time. He generously paid half in advance, but I must say that many of my usual customers have already complained and expressed their concerns. I fear risk of losing them. It is not how I normally run my Inn and Tavern. I cannot afford for my business to suffer. I am certain you understand my position."


Gunther Thesing Prologue:
"I understand your position as a man who has been around for quite some time I know how the world operates. Let me be clear, Mr. Kestral is one of the most dangerous men I have ever encountered. Take from that what you will Master Thesing. I am sure I will see you more over the coming weeks". With that Talisman heads upstairs presumably to his room.


Gunther Thesing prologue:

Spoiler:

Once Talisman departs, Gunther heads behind the bar and announces,
"Everyone, listen up. Greetings is about to close in a few minutes and unfortunately will be closed until further notice. Not to worry, not to worry... It is only temporary. So... Raise 'em up and tip 'em back! When Greetings re-opens, the first round is ON THE HOUSE!!"


prologue

Spoiler:

"When might we see tha land? I have an eye fer land an a bit o speculation, even though might take a few years tah see a profit, mah pockets err not so deep as tha, but I have more funds then I ken spend in mah life, by tha grace o tha almighty!"

"Think he was afer some ting specific?...I mean I seen tha wharehouse an openin jus random boxes seems a bit dense. If I was tah store sumting here an an attempt was made would I be notified o tha attempt or no?"


Andrew the Hardy Prologue:
"First thing upon wakening I can contact the owners of the lands next to mine m'lord. If you want to just see the plot we can go there after my shift is over".

"Oh I am sure the owners notified them. They came the next evening and removed everything from the crate! If they took issue with this service I do not know as none of them spoke with me".


prologue

Spoiler:

"An left tha crate itself behind?....Tis a most odd occurence, perhaps I shall write a story bout such an event a tale o suspense I have tried mah hand at such a tale as tha afore, but tis a promising start."

"Tomorrow we see tha land a much more important ting fer certain."


Andrew the Hardy Prologue:
"Indeed the entire situation was strange. It is a shame we cannot question the man who broke in to find out why he did it. I suppose it shall always remain a mystery. The crate though did not belong to these people, they were renting the crate from one of our customers".

Federico opens another bottle and pours more wine, "To our new venture!" He says toasting for the fourth time in the evening.


Prologue

Spoiler:

"Renting out a crate tha is empty, I hope twas not opium err some such that might compete wit pipeweed.....perhaps we should also look into tha wharehouse business as well, we shal need a place tah store tha harvest."

Joins in the toast and heads back to the hotel

"Please come round an let me know when we ken see tha land."


Andrew the hardy Prologue:
"No. I could not see what was in the crate but one of the men was wearing a very expensive cross so perhaps they were some sort of Templars. Could not have been priests, the men were in too good of condition".

"Yes I have the day off. Once I wake I shall come right 'round m'lord".

1,101 to 1,150 of 4,217 << first < prev | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Bloodlines - A Dark Ages V20 Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.