Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Dark Ages Vampire - Bloodlines

Game Master Dennis Harry

Bloodlines is a continuation of the now defunct table top Dark Ages Vampire game wherein the PC's have created lineal descendants throughout the ages.


951 to 1,000 of 4,611 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>

Lorenzo Cappelli Prologue:
Lorenzo thinks more on his dream, If Dr. Benne can truly produce the results he says, I really have no choice...I will have my Constancia back, I must no matter the price.

His decision made, he begins to get ready for the rest of his day. A day that will seem to drag on for eons, as he waits for Dr. Benne to return.

Otherwise, I will wait for Michael and Sergei so that we can go over to Dominic's office.


prologue

Spoiler:

"More tha yah even knows bout, Try this pipeweed I located. A local man grows it is his own kind, thinkin bout investin an gettin in tha business mah-self, thas one way tah be sure yer never out o pipeweed."

Smiles well satisfied with himself this morning....


Storyteller Shadow:
" I will be ok to meet with him. When and where will this meeting take place? I think rest is the best thing for me to heal...and some wine." I smile after I mention the wine.


Michael santos:

"not so fast, I usually require two references from outstanding citizens of Venice that can vouch for your work ethics and you should have a knowledge of the layout of the city. I do believe that you are a new comer to these city walls are you not?"

Michael begins to size Bruce up wondering if his need for a job is based on need or to have someone keep watch over me since the idea of Vampires lurks about.

" what qualifications do you have for working in the gondola business. There are more then one position then rowing a boat. That can be filled"


Xing Shi Prologue:
Yes he left about 10 ducats a decent amount of wealth to bribe with. You can procure a knife readily enough.


Andrew the Hardy Prologue:
Aodhan smiles surprising everyone in the room, "Well at least we got something constructive done on our visit so far. Let us smoke a pipe, it will no doubt calm my nerves".
Is there anything else you want to do today or wait until Federico arrives later?


Michele Querini Prologue:
"Yes I can get you some wine. The meeting may take place as soon as tonight, the wind is in our sails".

The Captain pours you some wine in a mug unusualu but then perhaps a wine glass on a ship would not last long.

The Captain sits on his hammock, "Tell me Signore Querini are you hiding some dark tidings from me?"


Michael Santo Prologue:
"No I have been here for a few months so I am fairly familiar with the city. My job is as an information gatherer so I am good with people. I can tell your customers stories some real some made up. If threatened I can defend them as well".
Brice pulls you a bit farther away from your employee whispering, "This job will enable me to find out more about our special little problem as well. Does anything else really matter?"


Storyteller Shadow:
"Why would you ask this? What did that man say in his tongue?"


Michele Querini Prologue:
"He said that you align yourself with dark forces which will rob you of your soul. He claimed that he was attempting to save your soul by ending your life, a small price to pay he said. He asked me to apologize to you for his failure to kill you and prays that your wounds will fester and end you. So you can understand why I ask my question".


Storyteller Shadow:
"I do not know of who or what he speaks of. Like you I do what I must to survive and make coin but dark forces.....I am perplexed. Can you ask him if he has more specifics and how he knows." Perhaps this is something in my future"


Michele Querini Prologue:
"I got all of the answers I am likely to get from him. Were I you I would heed his warning and take care, he seemed quite adamant about what he was saying. Rest now, we may arrive at our destination by the evening", with that thevCaptain leaves you be in his cabin.


Storyteller Shadow:
I will finish my wine and do my best to relax and sleep.


prologue

Spoiler:

"It seems tha Doge is too busy dealin wit tha Vatican tah help us wit our concerns, seems maybe tha storm will pass an then we might be able tah bend tha ear, but fer now I am thinkin pipeweed is a business worth goin into."

"I guess we did agree tah meet wit tha unner-ling, I mean tah ask him when we should return, right now I kent see us wastin too much on him."


Michael santos:

Michael thinks to himself .oO(If I say no that would seem suspicious so I will have to hire him. He sounds very thorough and capable I would normally hire such a person anyway. I just need to keep him from learning of my dealings with Michele just long enough to contact Michele and inquire about this box see if it is darkness incarnate. I wonder if this is traceable to me. Michele has been a valuable customer need to let him know what's going on.

"your hired, Brice is it? I'll give you a quick tour of the docks but ill have one of my vets. Show you the mechanics. You will help out with them for a few days learning to navigate the gondolas and getting use to the water way."

I'll select someone new that has never seen me dealing with Michele to work with Brice


Gunther Thesing prologue:

Spoiler:
Without looking up, Gunther continues to towel-dry a glass from behind the bar in stereotypical bartender fashion and replies, "Evening, Rafael. Business is just fine, thank you for asking."
Putting the glass aside he reaches for another, then continues.
"As for my tavern being closed, that is true. Special accommodations were being arranged for a very important client.
Putting the other glass aside, he looks to Rafael and add, "Is there anything I can do for you and your companions?"


Andrew the Hardy Prologue:
"That is who the message was from this morning, the Doge is "indefinitely delayed". I do not wish to go back empty handed let's focus on that and perhaps in a few days time the crisis will blow over and we can get somewhere with this Doge".

The others simply nod their heads in agreement, they know their roles are to listen more then to suggest any tactics outside of the battlefield at any rate.


Volkov Twins:
Sergei is surprised to see Katriana on the couch, but he has a lot on his mind and almost smiles at the thought that his sister and Francois might be done. He just grabs breakfast and waits til the rest come down to discuss the days business.


Michael Santo Prologue:
"Sounds good. Hopefully this will lead to something more than just a little bit of side money for us".
Brice follows you along the tour and you leave him with one of the newbies who picked up the ropes fairly quickly.

What do you do now?


Gunther Thesing Prologue:
FYI it is the daytime right now.
Rafael smiles and sits on a stool in front of you, his men simply walk around and look at the Tavern.
"A very important client? Is it a Venetian noble? That would be an interesting tidbit I assure you. I am glad you are not closing your doors that would be problematic. We discussed the other night dowry and your answer was less than satisfactory. Certainly I can understand you thinking it a strange custom but it is the way of nobility. If you would marry into it you must obey the customs. Think on it like this. Normally my son would marry a girl who would grant me and my family connections with other men of influence. However, marrying you brings us neither influence nor prestige. Instead it brings raised eyebrows. With a large dowry it would banish talk of scandal. I assure you scandal is the last thing your daughter will want whilst interacting with her soon to be peers. Does this all make sense to you now?"


Volkov Twins Prologue:
Francois comes down the stairs and glares at Katriana but says nothing further.

Wilhelm makes small talk with you regarding equipment and inventory. Katya simply smiles at you knowingly she is a bit more touchy feely but if anyone else notices no one says anything.

You saw Brice out the door so this just leaves Katriana is still sleeping.

One of the things on todays agenda was to place a deposit with the Cappelli's. Lorenzo was non-responsive on whether he could get Francois a job at the wharehouse perhaps you can bring it up again today.


prologue

Spoiler:

"Wit tihis pipeweed, we shant go home empty handed at all!"

Hang out the rest of the day waiting for the guy and discussing potential investment.


Michael santos:

I will take care of any accounting work, then go see Anya about the folk lore tale. Go see the good doc about the body and see about funeral arrangements for him. Unless I am contacted by Michele.


Michael Santo Prologue:
You knock on Anya's door, she opens it looking exhausted.
"Is it morning already? Come in Signore, what do you wish to discuss?"

Make a Perception + Alertness roll Difficulty 9


Xing Shi:

Xing Shi will not do to much during the day just prepping for the night. She will conceal the knife someplace under her skirt she is going to wear that is a bit revealing.


Michael santos:

Perception+alertness 4d10 ⇒ (9, 5, 1, 8) = 23 vs diff 9
"Did I come at a bad hour? Just hear to listen to that tale, but I cam come back at a greater hour"


Michael Santo Prologue:
You see nothing amiss.

"No Signore just a bad nights sleep as always. Certainly I can tell you tales of the old country is there one in particular you wish to hear? There are tales of demons of the land and other horror. They are just stories though to scare children. Of course it is the people you must fear, in such dark woodsland areas it is never advisable to go out at night stories are made true often by evil men. Of course wolves are another problem mustn't be too careful of them. Now that I think of it this place is much sfare then my homelands are". She smiles at her attempt at humor.


Michael santos:

Michael steps into the house " once again I do hope I am not intruding. I am always up before the sun. Have to seize the day, take advantage of every opportunity it will presents. I just had some time between my next appt thought I''d pay you a visit. But more interestingly wovles are a common theme of drunken travelers beast that stand as tall as men that have inhumane strength and speed but yes more what I am looking for is the night walker some have called it. I don't know to much about them but have to heard of such a being?"


Andrew, Xing Shi, and Michele are as far as they will get until the evening.

I am waiting on Gunther. I and Lorenzo are waiting on the Volkov's.

MIchael I will reply to your latest post later on this evening.


The Volkovs:
Sergei will go personally to the Cappelli meeting with the deposit, and he will send Brice to find Michael and see if one of them can become a new Gondalier. Katriana is in for the day, or at least everyone believes. She is actually attempting to sleep during the day because she intends to go out tonight.


Michael Santo Prologue:
"Oh indeed I have Signore. The moroi or strigoi are commonly whispered about by old wives and husbands. Tales to scare children I am sure. These strigoi attack their living family and those who were infected would come back from the dead to do so. S many tales tell of how they come back and how to prevent them from doing so but they are just that tales. As I said it is the living monsters that one must fear in my homeland. I have thought of it and I wish to bury Hans here in this city. Will he be ready for burial soon do you know?"


Sergei:
Brice already left to meet with Michael.

Sergei Volkov and Lorenzo Cappelli Prologue:
The sun shines brightly though a cool wind blows from the sea as Sergei makes his way towards Lorenzo's home. There are still many people on the streets and most are bunched in groups discussing the current gossip of the day. None of this of course concerns Sergei, he is focused on his mission not on the politics of the mortal world.

Sergei knocks firmly on Dr. Cappelli's door awaiting a response. The precious ducats buring a hole in his pocket Sergei hopes that this lead is worthwhile otherwise they are spending a great deal of coin for nothing.


Sergei Volkov and Lorenzo Cappelli Prologue:
Lorenzo answers the door pleasantly enough, though perhaps a bit distracted. "Greetings, Signore Volkov. Shall we be on our way to see my brother? As the two men walk toward the offices, "After the transaction is complete, might be a better time to see if your man can find...employment in the warehouse."


Sergei Volkov and Lorenzo Cappelli Prologue:
"That would make the most sense. We are at a loss as far as finding anything on this Michele Querini. Do you know of anyone in the city that might be good at finding people?"


Gunther Thesing prologue:

Spoiler:
Storyteller Shadow wrote:
"A very important client? Is it a Venetian noble? That would be an interesting tidbit I assure you. I am glad you are not closing your doors that would be problematic. We discussed the other night dowry and your answer was less than satisfactory. Certainly I can understand you thinking it a strange custom but it is the way of nobility. If you would marry into it you must obey the customs. Think on it like this. Normally my son would marry a girl who would grant me and my family connections with other men of influence. However, marrying you brings us neither influence nor prestige. Instead it brings raised eyebrows. With a large dowry it would banish talk of scandal. I assure you scandal is the last thing your daughter will want whilst interacting with her soon to be peers. Does this all make sense to you now?"

Gunther takes a deep breath and exhales slowly.

"Rafael, I am just going to speak my mind as respectfully as I know how. If you take any offense then I apologize in advance. First, my client has asked to remain nameless, and I fully intend to respect his request; a courtesy I would extend to anyone who honors me with their patronage. Secondly, I am not familiar with nobility nor its customs. Neither myself nor my wife hail from royalty. We are simple folk but have strong moral fiber which I value more than material possessions and prestige. I am a very proud man, Rafael, but for the sake of my daughter's future, well-being, and happiness I am willing to put my pride aside. I have a dowry on my daughter's behalf which I believe will be satisfactory. However, I can not help but feel as though you judge us as 'less fortunate' than yourselves. Do not judge us by our pockets."

He reaches for a glass and pours Rafael a drink.
"With that said, is there anything else I can do for you?"


Gunther Thesing Prologue:
"Excellent, I appreciate you putting your family before your pride. I too have done so with regards to you and yours. You are correct. I do judge you and I judge you harshly. You can blame my father and my father's father and so on and so forth. They were bastards, I am a bastard luckily for you and your daughter my son is not. Hot-headed perhaps but a decent young man in that he judges people based on their merit. I consider him a fool for these beliefs but he is my blood so I accept it, begrudgingly. I will accept your drink gladly. Once the engagement is announced we can discuss specifics on this dowry. Until then let us drink to the joining of our houses, er families".

Rafael downs the glass and his eyes get a bit glassy clearly it is stronger stuff then he is used to. He pays you for what he drank and stands to leave, giving pause to see if you have anything to add.


Michael santos:

"I was actually going to stop by the good doctors today and see to the arrangements once this is done we can build towards the future."

Michael composes himself and heads for the doorway and stops.
"do you believe that such a creature exist Anya?"


Michael Santo Prologue:
Anya stops and looks at you and the expression on your face, "No Signore. Do you?"


Michael santos:

Michael pauses a moment as if staring into space
"every region has their own tale of the supernatural they all speak of the same being with slight variations to the story. I have never encountered such a creature nor do I know of anyone who has. So no I do not say they are real, but I heard stories from strangers from far and wide which I will believe there is a common truth. But like you said it may just be people trying to make tales true. I was very fascinated by your story. its hard to speak of such matters with most folk they tend to let their imaginations run way at the mere mention of the subject and then the witch hunts aNd purgings begin. That's why I usual hear from drunken patrons cause no one believes a fool."

Michael turns and heads to the door head clear and his happy go lucky self. I'll get back to you about the arrangements when everything is final. {Exits}

I'll drop by the docs again to set the arrangements and see if any new developments have occurred


Michael Santo Prologue:
No news from the man you attempted to locate the night before at least not yet. Brice is out with one of your men we should give them names at some point learning the ropes. Everything with the business is running smoothly now that you have addressed any complaints by customers and balanced the books.

Do you want to go see Dr. Cappelli now? It is late in the day at this point past noon.


Time check. Currently for Gunther it is 9:30 am. For Lorenzo and Sergei it is 11:15 am. For Michael Santo it is 12:15 pm. Everyone else is ready to enter into evening encounters so it is twilight.


Sergei Volkov and Lorenzo Cappelli Prologue:
"Signore Volkov, my brother has had dealings with Signore Querini, but otherwise I do not know of anyone who would know anything about him."

Arriving at the office, "Ah, here we are." he says, opening the door. "After you, Signore."

Arriving in the office...

"Greetings, Dominic. I trust everything is in order for Signore Volkov?"


Sergei Volkov and Lorenzo cappelli Prologue:
As you enter the front door you see that is is brand new as is the doorframe.

Dominic waves you into the office where all paperwork is handled though there seems to be less here then you would expect.

"Yes of course. Signore Volkov, there is a paper for you to sign of course and the fee is clearly marekd on the front. You will have access to the wharehouse during the daytime housr, if you wish to retrieve or drop off any goods at night you will need to request special permission to do so. There will be a space reserved for you here and you wil be able to store goods that take up that space stacked as high as is safe. If you require more space the rates will chnage but I believe the 10' by 15' by 15' space I have given you will be sufficient for your purposes. Take a read through the contract for a few minutes, I need to go speak with that man flagging me down".

As you turn you see a man who looks to be a laborer beckoning Dominic over to him.

I assume you review the documentation, it appears rather straightforward. The price is steep but you can meet it, hopefully it is worth it.


Sergei Volkov and Lorenzo Cappelli:
"Yes, of course, take your time.

It all looks well and good, I will sign what I need to and wait for his return. I am interested in what is going on there. I want to give Lorenzo a look like I want him to see if he can find out what is going on.


Gunther Thesing prologue:

Spoiler:
I don't have anything else to add, so if you want to move the scene along, that's fine with me.


Michael santos:

I would like to setup the funeral arrangements for hans with an undertaker then give which doctor who has the body the time and date of the burial.

Michael jumps in his gondola and strolls away thinking of all important events to come..oO(another day is nearly done. Have to keep Bruce at bay a while longer, and have to setup this funeral, run a business and make time for the family I wonder if there are any events taking place we can have a family outting to)


Gunther you are good until the evening. Lorenzo you are up when you are ready ;)


Michael Santo Prologue:
You head towards Dr. Cappelli's home to announce the intentions for Hans' funeral. Perhaps the good Dr will have his final determination ready for the cause of death and you can move past all of this unpleasantness. It may be nice to take the family somewhere but with the city such a powder keg it would not be wise. I will let you know when you arrive at Dr Cappelli's home.


Sergei Volkov and Lorenzo Cappelli Prologue:
Lorenzo nod in Sergei's direction, acknowledging his intentions, as he moves closer to his brother to eavesdrop on the conversation.

What dice pool would you like? Perception + Alertness, Subterfuge, or Stealth?

Perception + Subterfuge or Stealth:4d10 ⇒ (3, 3, 8, 3) = 17
if it is Alertness add 1d10 ⇒ 2 to the above dice pool


Lorenzo Cappelli Prologue:
You walk up to Dominic no roll needed who is talking to the workman.

"Very well Signore I will send you a bill".

With that the man nods to you and walks out of the building.

Dominic turns to you, "Some drunken fool kicked in the door last night looking for pipeweed. Luckily Federico and not Giuseppe was on duty or you would have had another late night visit no doubt. Did Signore Volkov sign the papers? If so take twenty five percent of the ducats for bringing in the business. There is more where that came from my brother if you can bring in more people like him".

951 to 1,000 of 4,611 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Bloodlines - A Dark Ages V20 Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.