Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Dark Ages Vampire - Bloodlines

Game Master Dennis Harry

Bloodlines is a continuation of the now defunct table top Dark Ages Vampire game wherein the PC's have created lineal descendants throughout the ages.

Attendees seeking a seat or have a seat in the Inner Circle:

Assamite - Lord Bajazet al Nasir.

Brujah – Lady Meridie de Chancie, Lord Criatas, “Dark”Selena, Robin Leeland.

Cappadocian – Lord Benne.

Gangrel – Milov Petrankov.

Lasombra - Prince Narses the Archbishop of Nod

Malkavian – Antione le Fanu, Lutz von Hohenzollern.

Nosferatu – Cristo Petradon, Simon.

Salubri – Brian Stack.

Setites – Sadir.

Toreador – Rafael de Corazon, Francois Villon, Helene la Jouste.

Tremere - Radek, Mistress Fanchon.

Tzimisce – Myca Vykos.

Ventrue – Alyssa Gilbert, Lady Jadviga Almanov, Lanzo von Saschen, Prince Alexander.

Remember - only those listed get votes. Of course influencing their Childer can go a long way to getting a vote.

Social Combat:

Let me first thank Sir Dunstan and his excellent Game of Thrones campaign as the inspiration for this rules tweak. A shout out to Vitaliano who also does an excellent job as a player in that campaign.

Game of Thrones has a Social Combat system that, while not translatable directly, I used as inspiration for this campaign.

This is a proposed rules set and I am more than happy to hear feedback from Players before I implement it in full.

Roleplaying is still required to get your point across. However, I think a mechanical system could be beneficial for this scenario, a scenario quite unlike anything I have ever done in a Vampire game before.

Making My Case

To convince a “voter” to side with your Sire, you may roll the following set of Attributes and Abilities:

1. Against someone who is clearly NOT in your favor --- Manipulation+Subterfuge+Politics
2. Against someone who is NEUTRAL – Charisma+Expression+Politics

The difficulty of all rolls is that Cainites Willpower. You will need to score as many successes as they have Willpower to win the contest. Once you engage the voter, you will only have three rounds to make your case and can only attempt do so one time per night.

If you have Presence – Awe or Enrancement, you may attempt to use these powers in conjunction with the above roll. Each success utilizing that Discipline gives you one more success on your total roll.

Beware, failing in using Presence in Elysium can lead to Sanctions by Thomas Brexiano.

Also beware, Cainites may try to turn this system around on you…

But What if Someone Else Tries This on a Voter I just Brought to my Side?

Amount of successes is a key factor here, you will want to score as many success as you can to ensure that a rival does not try to take that vote from you!

Certain NPC’s already believe that others are in their favor and would never change their votes. Those will be the toughest cookies to break.

Note this system cannot be used on:

Your In-Clan rivals, no amount of sweet talking or bribes will change their minds they all want this position badly.

Prince Narses, he simply will not entertain such discourse. Of course, this does not mean you cannot try to get into the ears of one of his Childer to have them speak with him…

Discerning My Quarry’s Intent

How can I tell if someone is for or against me despite what they are saying?

Make a Perception+Empathy+Politics roll.

The difficulty is 10, less that Cainites Humanity score. Those closer to the Beast are much harder to read. For every Century over 300 years that Cainite has lived, the DC will be increased by 1, topping out at 10, as these Cainites have well and truly mastered this game to have existed for so long in the first place.

Once you engage the voter, you will only have three rounds to ferret out their intent and can only attempt do so one time per night. You will need to score as many successes as they have Willpower to ascertain their intent.

If you have Auspex – Read the Soul or Invade the Mind, you may attempt to use these powers in conjunction with the above roll. Each success utilizing that Discipline gives you one more success on your total roll.

How else can I make my case?

The use of Presence, while frowned upon, is much less cause for censure than using Dominate. Dominate does not work on a Cainite whose blood is closer to Caine than your own. If you seek to use Dominate to convince a voter (or perhaps one of the Childer?) to vote for your Sire, it would be best used elsewhere in the city.

Boons – the boon system of quid pro quo can also be used to gain votes. You will need to offer something of course that that voter does not have or cannot get from another candidate.

Eliminate my rivals. This one is obvious though failure to do so without detection may subject YOU to the Final Death!


9,401 to 9,450 of 9,603 << first < prev | 183 | 184 | 185 | 186 | 187 | 188 | 189 | 190 | 191 | 192 | 193 | next > last >>

Venice by Night- Thursday March 27, 1309

The Blurred Mongoose - Piero de Luca

"Ah yes, I served that man a few times since he has been here. He is indeed well connected, I saw him meeting with a handful of men from the Grand Council. They appeared quite pleased with whatever was being discussed when they left the table. A bit of a night owl that one Signore'".


Venice by Night – Thursday March 27, 1309

Xing’s Hovel HavenXing Shi

As you step outside, your struggle inside failed to alert you to the full scale riot that appears to be underway.

Very near you, a building has been set alight!

Make a Courage roll DC 7 - 1 Success not to enter Rötschreck.


Male Italian (Toreador)
Storyteller Shadow wrote:

Venice by Night – Thursday March 27, 1309

La Serenata NotturnaRanerius Banerius & Michele Querini

Ranerius heads upstairs leaving Michele and Sadir and a very nervous looking Gino alone. Sadir smiles at Gino and pats his hand reassuringly, "Worry not Gino, all will be well but we cannot have you blabbing all over the city now can we?"

-------------

** spoiler omitted **

The conversation was interesting to say the least... Violetta, and one of Rafael's childer? I do wonder where I stand in this... ah well. I suppose the worst that happens is I focus on my Inn and cultivating beauty.

"With him? Perhaps... but I do need your aid on a matter sire, regarding other guests..." Assuming his sire comes along further out, taps his brow. Best not to talk and be overheard.

Sire:
'Sire, it turns out Sadir's childle has a cousin, one that has heard too much. They hope you have the ability to wipe his memory. As this is a tradition at stake, it could be parlayed into a favor I think. But we can't just kill Gino, the cousin in question, or else we earn Michele's ire. Frankly... with my Inn at stake. I am a bit worried. If you cannot, we turn to Rafeal... and I think he would be canny enough to have Sadir owe him a vote... then again, it sounds as if you and Rafael are already compromising? I am very curious about that, sire. And my place in things if all comes as we hope or even close.'

He also informs his sire what was said... when they spoke in Greek. For a name there might confirm their worst concerns.


Venice by Night – Thursday March 27, 1309

Alla Vigna Inn - Vitaliano da Riva & Luca Marano

Adria the young gypsy girl shrugs, "To tell the truth sir, I am just following wherever Durga Syn leads us. Our Sires seemed to have abandoned us here to survive on our own". She then heads up the stairs.

Vitaliano mounts the stairs leaving Luca, presumably, following close behind.

At the end of the hall Lutz opens the door and seated within the room are Vasatanesa and a Cainite that looks quite worse for the wear. He is pale and gaunt and has an anguished look upon his face, "I present to those of you not in the know, Gregorius Dimities, former Muse of Performance of the Michaelites of Constantinople".

Durga Syn scratches her chin, "What has he to do with these proceedings mayhap I waste time guessing..."

Lutz grins widely, "Oh, he has a whale of a tale to tell. Once we knew what we had here we decided to summon him forth through the .... well, you know and share his sordid tale to heighten the drama that will unfold before us all this evening. He was after all the Muse of Performance and this should prove to be an interesting performance indeed!"

Durga Syn replies dryly, "Well, that certainly clears things up now doesn't it".


Venice by Night – Thursday March 27, 1309

La Serenata NotturnaRanerius Banerius

Ranerius:
"I fear I do not posses that ability whereas Rafael does. Bring them up here Childe, including the Mortal, and we shall deal with it. Your role will be, at least for now my Childe, to be by my side..."


Male Italian (Toreador)
Storyteller Shadow wrote:

Venice by Night – Thursday March 27, 1309

La Serenata NotturnaRanerius Banerius

** spoiler omitted **

He ponders that,

Sire:
As you say, sire. I do have some hopes and ambitions of my own... what do you make of the exchange in greek between Vykos and Sadir? The mention of Gesu and Michael... Byzantium yes?

the quote in question:
Quote:

"I have my ways.." Vykos replies.

"So what, YOU are the one who asked us to free your Sire from his grasp. We did so, now a century later you are crying over spilled blood?"

"Stolen blood! Blood he had no right to take. I claim it in the name of my family. Tell me where he is".

Sadir responds firmly, "No. I won't. You will have to find him yourself. And even if you do, he has the powers he wielded, formidable to say the least as well as those of Gesu and Michael. Do you really think you stand a chance against him?"

Vykos snarls, "Prepared properly of course. Know that until the blood is reclaimed I shall see you as an adversary Sadir".

Sadir shrugs, "There is a long line in front of you, Vykos".

After his sire's response to that, he moves down the steps to approach Sadir, Michele, and Sadir "Please, all three of you follow me upstairs. We can assist you."


6th Generation Cappadocian | Bloodpool: 29/30 | Willpower: 7/7

Venice by Night – Thursday March 27, 1309

Narses ElysiumEdwarde Ashedown & Lorenzo Cappelli

Lorenzo smiles. "I have had the advantage of being able to focus my time on observation as opposed to politicking to curry favor for my sire, as his seat on the Council is already iron-clad."

The smile leaves Lorenzo's face as he continues, "Having had said time to observe, Lady Jadviga has appeared to be out of her depth when compared to her adversaries...or more importantly, those they proxy for."

Lorenzo's grin returns, "Though I do understand why a Brujah may want a weaker Ventrue council member."


Mortal Courtesan

Venice by Night – Thursday March 27, 1309

the Roof of Elysium - Veronica Acqua

She gives the man a slight smile and curtsey, "Veronica Acqua,Sir." She pauses and gives a warm smile, "Normally I would give the man who announces me a tip but I don't seem to have any coin on me...and I doubt you have much need for money anyway. So what would I use to tip you for future reference?"


Storyteller Shadow wrote:

Venice by Night – Thursday March 27, 1309

the Streets of VeniceGeoffroi de Clairvaux

At first you and Baldemar manage to avoid entanglements, the closer you get to the Church though the thicker the crowds become. When a mob comes near you both duck down an alleyway.

This proves to be a poor choice as well as there are a handful of men here already drinking. One of them squints and stares at Baldemar, "This is the one from earlier. A Holy Warrior, man of God. Puppet of the Pope I say!" The other two men draw steel one states, "Shall we show the Pope what we think of his Bull!"

Baldemar places a hand on the hilt of his blade and states calmly, "This is a most unwise decision".

The men charge!

** spoiler omitted **

To roll Initiative add up your Dexterity + Wits + Celerity dots, roll 1d10 and add those dots to that roll, i.e. if you have 2 Wits and 2 Dexterity you would roll 1d10+4. Go ahead and also give me a first round action with that Initiative roll.

As a matter of fact that is exactly what I actually have

1d10 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Geoffroi pulls his sword and prepares to defend himself

Geoffroi will not offer the first blow, but rather will parry the initial rush. He will then follow up with an attack

Parry:

Spoiler:
Parry: A Dexterity + Melee maneuver using a weapon to block a Brawl or Melee attack. If a character makes a Brawl attack and the defender parries with a weapon that normally causes lethal damage, the attacker can actually be hurt by a successful parry. If the defender rolls more successes than the attacker does in the resisted action, the defender rolls the weapon’s base damage plus the parry’s extra successes as a damage dice pool against the attacker.

Block, dodge, and parry can be performed as part of a multiple action in your character’s turn (punching then blocking, shooting then dodging, parrying then striking). Using a multiple action to act and defend is advantageous because your character can still accomplish something in a turn besides avoiding attacks.Rather than having to divide your dice pool among multiple defensive actions, you may declare that your character spends an entire turn defending.

The normal multiple-action rules are not used in this case. Instead, you have a full dice pool for the first defensive action, but lose one die, cumulatively, for each subsequent defense action made in the same turn. It is still difficult to avoid several incoming attacks, but not as difficult as trying to attempt multiple things at once.Remember that any actions, including defensive ones, versus multiple attackers still suffer difficulty penalties

Parry Dex+Melee: 5d10 ⇒ (2, 9, 2, 8, 9) = 30
Sword strike Dex+Melee: 5d10 ⇒ (1, 10, 5, 8, 6) = 30
sword: 6d10 ⇒ (1, 9, 1, 4, 6, 10) = 31


Male Nosferatu 6th Generation; BP 23/30, xp saved: 8, spent 25

Nosferatu Warren

Spoiler:

Onfroi will stop and back up and say he tastes... disappointing. He is yours after all Cristiano. Have at it. Onfroi says knowing he cannot leave an enemy behind.


Venice by Night - Thursday March 27, 1309

Greetings Inn - by the Canal – Bagrat

DM:
You Might be well armed but you can't take all of us down before we get to you.. We still want answers ! he shouts trying to put back some courage into the crowd the goal here to buy as much time as possible of course, i am perfectly content to have a stalemate "at the door"


Max Blood Pool/Current = 20/6

Venice by Night – Thursday March 27, 1309

Xing’s Hovel Haven – Xing Shi

courage: 4d10 ⇒ (2, 1, 1, 4) = 8
Would like to spend a willpower to not freak out! Down to 3 now unless the previous one would of regenerated somehow over the days since I used it.


Venice by Night – Thursday March 27, 1309

Narses ElysiumEdwarde Ashedown & Lorenzo Cappelli

Lord Benne intercedes, "Why don't you explain to us what it is you believe makes her more qualified".

Robin responds, "Lady Jadviga's mortal servants have carved out a small Kingdom in hostile territory both in the Mortal and Cainite world. She has dealt with threats such as the Tzimisce, the Tremere, and Lupines. Yet still she persists.

Mithras has lived on an island for some time, protected from his enemies. By surprise did he overtake those who ruled before him. Hardestadt inherited a power base form his Sire. He has maintained it but hardly increased it and alienated his own Childer.

Neitehr has faced the fires that she has, at least not for several centuries or longer.

I am not one to necessarily support any Ventrue but she has proven herself more worthy of the contempt heaped upon her since her arrival..."


6th Generation Cappadocian | Bloodpool: 29/30 | Willpower: 7/7

Venice by Night – Thursday March 27, 1309

Narses ElysiumEdwarde Ashedown & Lorenzo Cappelli

"So your reasoning is that because she has been in near constant struggle with those around her domain, both Cainite and mortal, she is more qualified to sit on a council specifically designed to lessen, if not end the constant fighting among our kind? That hardly sounds logical." Lorenzo say in rebuttal.

"Please do not misunderstand, I have no personal feelings one way or another toward Lady Jadviga, and have come to my conclusion based on observation and my understanding of the intent of this council." Lorenzo says in an attempt to calm the spirits of Robin, remembering Simon's lessons about the Brujah and their infamous tempers.


Venice by Night – Thursday March 27, 1309

the Roof of Elysium - Veronica Acqua

The man appears slightly bemused by the statement of Veronica, "I would advise not tipping anyone here my dear. Unlike the Mortal world, the role of Seneschal is a powerful one, the holder of life as it pertains to us and Final death. Come now, follow me and I shall escort you both safely into Elysium. I trust that neither of you were seen on your trip here?"

Fanchon nods, "We were not". She gives him her hand.

Do you?


Venice by Night – Thursday March 27, 1309

Narses ElysiumEdwarde Ashedown & Lorenzo Cappelli

Robin replies, "That she has done so and thrived is my point whereas her competitors have rested on their laurels, she has had to contend with these adversaries whether on a physical or diplomatic level.

Mithras and Hardestadt deal with their problems via Blood Hunt declarations, does that see the type of leader that has any intention of reducing conflict?"


Lorenzo Cappelli wrote:

Venice by Night – Thursday March 27, 1309

Narses ElysiumEdwarde Ashedown & Lorenzo Cappelli

"So your reasoning is that because she has been in near constant struggle with those around her domain, both Cainite and mortal, she is more qualified to sit on a council specifically designed to lessen, if not end the constant fighting among our kind? That hardly sounds logical." Lorenzo say in rebuttal.

"Please do not misunderstand, I have no personal feelings one way or another toward Lady Jadviga, and have come to my conclusion based on observation and my understanding of the intent of this council." Lorenzo says in an attempt to calm the spirits of Robin, remembering Simon's lessons about the Brujah and their infamous tempers.

"It seems to me that Lady Jadviga more strongly believes in the work being done here than other contenders. She has come here personally, rather than sending a representative. If the goal of council is to avoid conflict how will that help if several councillors need to wait days or weeks for direction from their master. A council is like a circle of iron, only as strong as its weakest point."


Male Nosferatu 6th Generation; BP 23/30, xp saved: 8, spent 25

Nosferatu Warren

Spoiler:
kindred lore+int: 4d10 ⇒ (7, 5, 7, 10) = 29 Onfroi starts to consider some things...


6th Generation Cappadocian | Bloodpool: 29/30 | Willpower: 7/7

Venice by Night – Thursday March 27, 1309

Narses ElysiumEdwarde Ashedown & Lorenzo Cappelli

Lorenzo nods. "All the more reason to appoint someone of strength. Is it not, Edwarde."

Turning back to Robin, Lorenzo asks, "I do not think it is coincidence that both Mithras and Hardestadt have not had to push as fight as Jadviga has. Stability has its place."

Lorenzo glances toward Lord Benne, trying to ascertain his sire's opinion on the matter.

Perception (Discerning) + Empathy?: 4d10 + 1d10 ⇒ (5, 2, 3, 5) + (6) = 21 Nevermind...


Human
Storyteller Shadow wrote:

Venice by Night- Thursday March 27, 1309

The Blurred Mongoose - Piero de Luca

"Ah yes, I served that man a few times since he has been here. He is indeed well connected, I saw him meeting with a handful of men from the Grand Council. They appeared quite pleased with whatever was being discussed when they left the table. A bit of a night owl that one Signore'".

At the mention of the Grand Council, Piero forces himself to become outwardly calm. Well connected, indeed. Piero drums his fingers on the table, considering.

"Ah. A night owl is of no bother. Great work is not retricted to the daylight! Tell me, what is this man's drink of choice? Does he have any desires that are known to you?"


Mortal Courtesan

Venice by Night – Thursday March 27, 1309

the Roof of Elysium - Veronica Acqua

She gives him her hand.


Venice by Night – Thursday March 27, 1309

La Serenata NotturnaRanerius Banerius & Michele Querini

Ranerius:
Francois pauses, "Byzantium indeed. They reference powerful figures. Legendary figures. It seems that this is confirmation of that the Legends are true, if they are to be believed. Michael was indeed diablerized by the Salubri Sebastian. But to hear that Sebastian has also claimed the blood of Gesu! This is a dangerous figure which we should be thankful is not... wait, what was the name the Malkavians gave for the one who seeks to challenge us? Go first, retrieve them...then let me know".

Rafael raises an eyebrow as you regard each other silently but says nothing further.

-------

Ranerius approach Sadir, Michele, and the captive Gino, "Please, all three of you follow me upstairs. We can assist you."

Sadir sighs, "Come Gino, let us head upstairs...in silence!" Gino stands and begins to wimper a bit as he follows. Michele follows behind him.

Ranerius leads the group to the room where other Cainites are present. Rafael, his Childe Bassanio, Francois and a female Cainite neither Sadir nor Michele are familiar with.

Rafael chuckles, "An unusual circumstance, Serpents seeking us out for favors. Tell me, what can I do for you Sadir?"

Sadir sits at the table and gestures for Michele to sit as well, "Gino, stand there quietly like a good friend. Excellent. Well Rafael, we need Gino here to forget what he has seen this evening and then run along".

"How unfortunate that Lord Vykos already left, we would have liked to have visited with him", interjects Francois.

I'll let you two jump back in here.


Venice by Night – Thursday March 27, 1309

the Streets of VeniceGeoffroi de Clairvaux

The bravos attack!

ST Shadow ONLY:
Baldemar Attack - Greatsword DC 6 2d10 + 3d10 ⇒ (10, 9) + (1, 7, 2) = 29 - Damage 4d10 + 4d10 ⇒ (6, 7, 9, 8) + (5, 2, 4, 10) = 51 + 1.

Bravos #1 vs. Geoffroi - Rapier DC6 2d10 + 2d10 ⇒ (9, 2) + (4, 8) = 23 - Damage 2d10 + 1d10 ⇒ (5, 3) + (9) = 17
Bravos #2 vs. Baldemar - Rapier DC 6 2d10 + 2d10 ⇒ (1, 1) + (1, 3) = 6 - Damage 2d10 + 1d10 ⇒ (1, 7) + (2) = 10
Bravos #3 vs. Baldemar - Rapier DC 6 2d10 + 2d10 ⇒ (7, 4) + (2, 7) = 20 - Damage 2d10 + 1d10 ⇒ (6, 2) + (1) = 9.
Baldemar Soak #1 - 4d10 + 2d10 ⇒ (6, 6, 2, 1) + (5, 3) = 23 - Baldemar Soak #2 - 4d10 + 2d10 ⇒ (1, 9, 1, 1) + (8, 3) = 23

Bravos Soak vs. G 3d10 ⇒ (7, 6, 8) = 21
Bravos soak vs. Baldemar - 3d10 ⇒ (5, 5, 4) = 14

You are able to easily parry the clumsy strike of the Rapier wielding man.

Baldemar's armor blocks one of the men's strikes and his blade cuts that of his fellow Bravo! Baldemar then steps into the strike of the injured one allowing his armor to fully absorb the blow. Baldemar raises his own greatsword in a downward arc that connects! The man is lucky that his friend's strike pushed him off balance else Baldemar would have slain him, as it is he lays in the alleyway screaming from a cut that is clearly deadly!

Your own counterstrike meanwhile is evaded by the foe who charged you.

Baldemar says nothing further as it is clear now he is playing for keeps.

Round 2 -
Geoffroi - GO!
The Bravos
Baldemar


Venice by Night – Thursday March 27, 1309

Nosferatu WarrenOnfroi the Bastard of Burgundy

Onfroi:
Cristiano raises an eyebrow but literally jumps upon the opportunity. He feeds and you can see a soft white light begin to emanate from him, "It... it burns oh god is burns!!!" he cries out half muffled and the blood, what little is left pours into his throat.

He tries to wrench away but cannot, you see a bright flash and Cristiano stumbles back into the wall and slides to the dirty floor.

He mumbles as he lays there, "I'm sorry, I didn't know, I'm so sorry..." His skin is fractured, as if spider-web cracks in glass. His eyes glow a soft blue white. While he does not quite look like a Nosferatu, he is not as handsome as he was mere moments before.

"Why, why did I let Alexander talk me into destroying him... why?" He begins to weep...

As you turn back there is naught but ash where Simon once stood. Your foe has been destroyed, the way cleared for your Sire to become a member of the Inner Circle.


Venice by Night - Thursday March 27, 1309

Greetings Inn - by the CanalBagrat

You hear a shriek from within the house. Gunthar glares at the crowd, "Follow me and I'll kill every last one of you!"

He turns and runs back inside. The group appears hesitant to go in even after what you said as the man lying on the cobblestones bleeding is hurt quite badly.

Bagrat Perception + Alertness DC 7:
You hear the sound of breaking glass from down the alleyway. The same alley which leads to the side of Gunthar's home where Moses planned to climb up and in.


Venice by Night – Thursday March 27, 1309

Xing’s Hovel HavenXing Shi

You feel the deep seeded fear rise up as the fires burn so close, you clamp down on the Beast and head away seeking out victims to slake your thirst.

The streets are awash in blood and violence tonight. Something has happened in the Mortal world!

Make a Dexterity + Stealth check to avoid being attacked by Mortals nearby who appear up in arms about something. Make a Dexterity + Survival roll to rack down someone who is actually alone out here! OR Appearance + Expression to seduce someone, DC 8 here.

Xing:
You said "find Gothas and her sire!" Who is Gothas? You know your Sire is not in this city. So after you feed, where do you want to go, Elysium to look for Alejandro?

Down to 3 but you may get one back this night.


Venice by Night – Thursday March 27, 1309

Narses ElysiumEdwarde Ashedown & Lorenzo Cappelli

Lord Benne responds, "Your reputation for debate is well earned Robin. Your Childe is to be commended for his insight as well.

However, I believe that Dr. Cappelli's points are superior. Moreover, the most salient point, the Ventrue will only look to a leader that they respect else their rank and file shall not fall in line and the Camarilla will do battle with most Princes across Europe, that is not what we are seeking to do. The only two active Cainites among them who could possibly rally with respect, fear or some other sort of boons are Hardestadt and Mithras".

Robin grins, "Indeed, merit is not relevant. I appreciate you confirming that for me, Lord Benne". Robin glances at Edwarde, "Come, let us meet some of those Ventrue about which we speak".

I'll pause that here for PC responses before I move forward.


Male Nosferatu 6th Generation; BP 23/30, xp saved: 8, spent 25

Nosferatu Warren

Spoiler:
Because my friend Alexander is an enemy of what Simon represents, and also lured me here this very night as well so together we might have a better chance. I am afraid that you will be exposed as a killer by auspex if you return to court. Never speak of what happened here. Onfroi gathers all evidence of his arrows and removes them. [B]I was never here as well and if you say so I will reveal what it is you did saying I witnessed it. Our mutual assurance is our protection. Now you and I must through time figure out why Simon was killed. We must figure out what purpose Alexander has. For now you must leave far from this place and start working on your skill in hiding your aura. Once that is found seek me out and together as allies we will put our long range plans in place which we will build starting now.


6th Generation Cappadocian | Bloodpool: 29/30 | Willpower: 7/7

Venice by Night – Thursday March 27, 1309

Narses ElysiumEdwarde Ashedown & Lorenzo Cappelli

"Until later then. A pleasure to meet you both." Lorenzo says to Robin and Edwarde as they depart.

--------------------------------------

Venice by Night – Thursday March 27, 1309

Narses ElysiumLorenzo Cappelli

Once Robin and Edwarde are out of earshot, Lorenzo turns to his sire. "Challenging, put polite. I think the Brujah could do far worse than Robin as someone of importance."

"If I remember correctly, we are to support Lord Criatas's claim to the seat on the Inner Circle. Do we have a preference as to whom we would like to see fill the Justicar role?" Pausing a moment Lorenzo asks, "Who do we favor for that role in our own clan? After the removal of the Giovanni, there are no other Cappadocians present, correct?"


Venice by Night- Thursday March 27, 1309

The Blurred Mongoose - Piero de Luca

Nicolo pauses for a moment trying to remember the answers to your question, "Come to think on it Signore' I've never actually seen him drink anything. His companions generally drink red wine".

He leans forward despite no one being around, "Vices? Well, I have seen him kiss a man in the shadows of the booths but who am I to judge eh?"


Venice by Night – Thursday March 27, 1309

the Roof of Elysium - Veronica Acqua

Unlike the weightlessness of flying with Mistress Fanchon this is a much more uncomfortable feeling, as if being sucked own a pipe at a high rate of speed. The world disappears and before your eyes the shadows burst forth, the shadows of the roof were kittens as compared to the horrible sights which assault your eyes as you flit through this place!

Shadowed hands with wicked claws reach for you before you find yourself tugged again, this time you open your eyes and you stand on a cobblestoned path next to a dilapidated building. The sensation is as if stepping forth through a portal. Mistress Fanchon appears unphased.

Make a Courage roll DC 6 to be unphased as well after entering this nightmarish realm.

Outside of Elysium

Standing next to here is Valdemar. Staring at your small collective are several men and one woman. One speaks in a demanding tone, "Where is Brexiano?"

I'll push this further after your reaction.


Venice by Night – Thursday March 27, 1309

Narses ElysiumLorenzo Cappelli

"Yes a dangerous adversary. No doubt he considers us lickspittles of the Ventrue, Lord Camden gives that outward public appearance in Avalon where Robin hails from.

Indeed, Criatas is the only figure I would vote for among the Brujah, well, at least of those I do not know to be in torpor.

You are correct Dr. There were a few Cappadocians here prior to the Giovanni's arrival but I think we will need to contact the local Nosferatu to dig them up. Narses had them staked and placed into torpor for displeasing him some centuries ago. At least, that was what the Founder was told when they were called to attend to him at Kaymalki. The truth I suspect is that their Elder was aware of what the Founder intended and circumvented being forced to go by "violating" the Princes rules. Quite clever.

I shall speak with my Sire as to who he believes should be the Justicar. To say the least, the role is not one which members of our Clan generally find themselves".


Venice by Night – Thursday March 27, 1309

Nosferatu WarrenOnfroi the Bastard of Burgundy

Onfroi:
Cristiano shudders, "I have no desire to go to Court anyway...

My families' holdings are here and here I shall remain. My Mentor and I have much to work on before he leaves. If you need me, you can seek me out at the Blue Mongoose. Beware, the Nosferatu in this city regarded Simon as a beloved figure, I now know why.

Hopefully, as his last Childe I can harness that to aid you.

We, yes, no matter we need to keep this between us".

Where to now?


6th Generation Cappadocian | Bloodpool: 29/30 | Willpower: 7/7

Venice by Night – Thursday March 27, 1309

Narses ElysiumLorenzo Cappelli

"Perhaps this would be a situation we could use Lydia or her kind for rather than a true Cappadocian?" Lorenzo suggests, not sure if such a thing would even be allowed.

"How soon into this evening's activities shall the vote on the Ventrue seat be? Would you like me to pursue knowledge of Mistress Fanchon's where-abouts a night ago first?"

Thinking a moment, Lorenzo asks, "What is our current position as it applies to Mistress Fanchon and Radek?"


Max Blood Pool/Current = 20/6

Venice by Night – Thursday March 27, 1309

Xing’s Hovel Haven – Xing Shi

shadow:
I meant the dude that was controlling the mortal, if I even know where he may be. if not will head to Elysium after I feed (if i feed!)

Dex+Stealth: 8d10 ⇒ (1, 5, 6, 5, 10, 2, 9, 2) = 40

Dex+Survival: 4d10 ⇒ (2, 1, 1, 1) = 5

Xing lurks through the shadows but is unable to find any prey in fact she is so dumbstruck by the madness she moves away from the humans as fast as possible to Elysium.


Male Italian (Toreador)

Venice by Night – Thursday March 27, 1309

La Serenata NotturnaRanerius Banerius & Michele Querini

Storyteller Shadow wrote:


** spoiler omitted **

Rafael raises an eyebrow as you regard each other silently but says nothing further.

He is tempted tell him now of Behster(Sp?), but takes his orders and goes down the steps.

Quote:


-------

Ranerius approach Sadir, Michele, and the captive Gino, "Please, all three of you follow me upstairs. We can assist you."

Sadir sighs, "Come Gino, let us head upstairs...in silence!" Gino stands and begins to wimper a bit as he follows. Michele follows behind him.

Ranerius leads the group to the room where other Cainites are present. Rafael, his Childe Bassanio, Francois and a female Cainite neither Sadir nor Michele are familiar with.

Rafael chuckles, "An unusual circumstance, Serpents seeking us out for favors. Tell me, what can I do for you Sadir?"

Ranerius does give a chuckle at that but makes sure a chair is pulled out for Sadir to show respect regardless. The man is, after all, the head of his clan locally.

Quote:


Sadir sits at the table and gestures for Michele to sit as well, "Gino, stand there quietly like a good friend. Excellent. Well Rafael, we need Gino here to forget what he has seen this evening and then run along".

"How unfortunate that Lord Vykos already left, we would have liked to have visited with him", interjects Francois.

I'll let you two jump back in here.

"The Tzimisce seem a stand offish clan. I wonder if we will be able to entice them into the Camarilla at all." He says, "I would like to think there is a place for ever Clan in this new and bold experiment."

"Gino looks frightened, perhaps he'd like a drink?" Concern, he does try to look after his guests.


Clan Malkavian Blood Pool 26/30

Venice by Night – Thursday March 27, 1309

Alla Vigna Inn - Vitaliano da Riva & Luca Marano

Vitaliano stood there for a few moments expecting anyone to offer an explanation for the random thoughts born to words that was what he felt offered thus far. He tapped a finger against his arm for a bit before speaking up.

"Forgive me, rarely am I at a complete loss as to what has been said but...what?" he finally spoke up. His irritation had finally taken a backseat to his curiosity.


Male Nosferatu 6th Generation; BP 23/30, xp saved: 8, spent 25

Nosferatu Warren

Spoiler:
he nods to Cristiano saying if your obfuscate and social skills were good you yourself could be Simon and give the inner circle position to my sire, or at
least encourage the others to support him and make a story that Simon had to leave on pressing business but that you are his spokesperson. You could speak for him for some time. Think on it
with that Onfroi heads to learn from his mentor of the Tremere.

steath+dex: 8d10 ⇒ (9, 3, 5, 9, 1, 4, 6, 8) = 45

Onfroi also hides his appearance as a commoner of the streets using obfuscate.


Mortal Courtesan

Venice by Night – Thursday March 27, 1309

the Roof of Elysium - Veronica Acqua

Courage Roll: 4d10 ⇒ (4, 8, 5, 2) = 19

Veronica seems to be unphased.


Storyteller Shadow wrote:

Venice by Night – Thursday March 27, 1309

Narses ElysiumEdwarde Ashedown & Lorenzo Cappelli

Lord Benne responds, "Your reputation for debate is well earned Robin. Your Childe is to be commended for his insight as well.

However, I believe that Dr. Cappelli's points are superior. Moreover, the most salient point, the Ventrue will only look to a leader that they respect else their rank and file shall not fall in line and the Camarilla will do battle with most Princes across Europe, that is not what we are seeking to do. The only two active Cainites among them who could possibly rally with respect, fear or some other sort of boons are Hardestadt and Mithras".

Robin grins, "Indeed, merit is not relevant. I appreciate you confirming that for me, Lord Benne". Robin glances at Edwarde, "Come, let us meet some of those Ventrue about which we speak".

I'll pause that here for PC responses before I move forward.

"They are Cappadocian? They do not understand the weakness in having a lackey fill a seat? A lackey is good for obfuscating control, but not good for maintaining control."


Human
Storyteller Shadow wrote:

Venice by Night- Thursday March 27, 1309

The Blurred Mongoose - Piero de Luca

Nicolo pauses for a moment trying to remember the answers to your question, "Come to think on it Signore' I've never actually seen him drink anything. His companions generally drink red wine".

He leans forward despite no one being around, "Vices? Well, I have seen him kiss a man in the shadows of the booths but who am I to judge eh?"

Piero drums his fingers on the table.

Now, there was something he could use. It was not only young women in his employ, after all.

"A...unique individual, to be sure! I suppose I must hope he is as reckless as I am!"


Gangrel Blood Pool 14/10

Venice by Night – Thursday March 27, 1309

Alla Vigna Inn - Vitaliano da Riva & Luca Marano

I can't believe I disappeared into real life right when I'm in a scene with another player. Sorry to leave you hanging like that
Vitaliano da Riva, couldn't have been worse timing on my part.

Luca had been silent till now. That was how dealt with difficulty. When his uncle died, he worked and kept silent. When he fled from his circumstance, his teeth pressed firm together and he hardly uttered a word as he stole away into the night. Even as this fellow creature of the night came to him as some sort of fellow, he held firm, not wanting to show weakness, a sign that he was unworthy. However terrible this unlife may be, he did not want it to end quite yet.

But as Vitaliano da Riva stated, these words bounding between the senior members could be faerie language for all Luca could tell, and he offered a simple to back up his new fellow.

"What?"


Venice by Night - Thursday March 27, 1309

Greetings Inn - by the Canal – Bagrat

Perception + Alertness DC 7: 3d10 + 2d10 ⇒ (10, 10, 8) + (10, 5) = 43

DM:
i believe that bagrat's work is done. he will stay in the safety of the crowd for the moment


Storyteller Shadow wrote:

Venice by Night – Thursday March 27, 1309

the Streets of VeniceGeoffroi de Clairvaux

Round 2 -
Geoffroi - GO!
The Bravos
Baldemar

Geoffroi grins, his facial scar giving him a diabolical look in the flickering torchlight

"Say hello to all the other oafs, heretics, and fools my blade has sent to perdition!"

Parry Dex+Melee: 5d10 ⇒ (9, 10, 6, 5, 3) = 33
Sword strike Dex+Melee: 5d10 ⇒ (10, 8, 10, 5, 3) = 36
sword: 6d10 ⇒ (1, 10, 4, 7, 9, 8) = 39


Venice by Night – Thursday March 27, 1309

Narses ElysiumLorenzo Cappelli

Lord Benne looks thoughtful, "An outside the box suggestion Dr. I shall have to consider it.

I would imagine that it will be quite quick to take place. The curious thing is whether more education will be made available to the Fledglings tonight, lessons were strangely absent last night. Unless the Prince just wishes to get to Council Seated and then deal with other ancillary matters".

At that moment a commotion at the front door of Elysium draws Benne's attention, "Mistress Fanchon it seems has arrived. We will still support Radek after all, Mistress Fanchon has offered us nothing of value..."


Venice by Night – Thursday March 27, 1309

Xing’s Hovel HavenXing Shi

Xing's already bad night gets worse as she comes a across a Cainite already feeding from a victim in the shadows of the slums.

She hisses, "Tasty morsel, you have seen too much and now you musst die!"

As we discussed a lunch today, I'll let you spend XP right now before the battle begins...

ST Shadow ONLY:
Nosferatu Initiative 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 - Xing Initiative 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Round 1 -
Xing - GO!
The Vampire


Venice by Night – Thursday March 27, 1309

La Serenata NotturnaRanerius Banerius & Michele Querini

Sadir replies to Ranerius, "The Tzimisce are an unpredictable lot. Vykos is the least volatile of them, that is what is disconcerting about their Elders. However, he is far too ingrained in the Obertus tradition despite its demise to pass on the opportunity to join us here.

Do not worry overmuch for Gino. Soon he will be on his way and all of this a bad dream.

Indeed Rafael, I shall need you to alter good Gino's memory of this night so all he remembers is great deal of drinking, some fear due to the protests and a hangover for him in the 'morrow".

Rafael takes the request in, "Indeed I can do just that my slithery friend. Of course, I do wish something from you in return".

Francois begins to frown ever so slightly.

Sadir sighs, "Of course, one hand washes the other and all of that".

"Good. I wish for you to inform me of the shipping companies that you use to smuggle goods in the Iberian peninsula. I also wish for you to cover the cost of my next set of transports to and from Barcelona".

Sadir nods, "Very well. Agreed".

ST Shadow ONLY:
Forgetful Mind 6d10 ⇒ (8, 10, 5, 2, 1, 6) = 32 - DC 3.

Rafael turns to Gino and does exactly what Sadir instructed. The Mortal heads down the stairs blankly as Francois speaks, "So then since we have you here Sadir, care to enlighten us as to who you believe the Ventrue representative should be?"

Pause to let you both jump back in.


6th Generation Cappadocian | Bloodpool: 29/30 | Willpower: 7/7

Venice by Night – Thursday March 27, 1309

Narses ElysiumLorenzo Cappelli

"Very well. I shall see to the Ventrue vote before seeking out Mistress Fanchon."


Max Blood Pool/Current = 20/6

Venice by Night – Thursday March 27, 1309

Xing’s Hovel Haven – Xing Shi

Xing is already worn out from the night and it's still early. Not wishing to deal with this one before her any longer than she has to she draws the blade of her home land and lashes out at the blood thirsty vampire!

dex+melee: 8d10 ⇒ (9, 8, 10, 2, 5, 8, 1, 6) = 49 diff 6
damage: 8d10 ⇒ (9, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 5, 8) = 57 Hopefully did it right, it's str+3 (3+3) dmg + 2 for extra successes over 3? Do I roll the 1 Potence or that's one extra auto damage?
potence: 1d10 ⇒ 10 just in case required


Male Italian (Toreador)

Venice by Night – Thursday March 27, 1309

La Serenata NotturnaRanerius Banerius & Michele Querini

Storyteller Shadow wrote:


Sadir replies to Ranerius, "The Tzimisce are an unpredictable lot. Vykos is the least volatile of them, that is what is disconcerting about their Elders. However, he is far too ingrained in the Obertus tradition despite its demise to pass on the opportunity to join us here.

"I admit, their rumored gifts do intrigue." The idea of shaping people like some sculpt statues? What Toreador wouldn't be a little interested.

Quote:


Do not worry overmuch for Gino. Soon he will be on his way and all of this a bad dream.

Indeed Rafael, I shall need you to alter good Gino's memory of this night so all he remembers is great deal of drinking, some fear due to the protests and a hangover for him in the 'morrow".[/b]

Rafael takes the request in, "Indeed I can do just that my slithery friend. Of course, I do wish something from you in return".

Francois begins to frown ever so slightly.

Ranerius knew this was coming, so betrays no expression. This game of tit and tat, of quid pro quo...sometimes it seems wasteful, but it does appear to be the coin of the realm of the night. He just hopes this trade won't cost them the vote.

Quote:


Sadir sighs, "Of course, one hand washes the other and all of that".

"Good. I wish for you to inform me of the shipping companies that you use to smuggle goods in the Iberian peninsula. I also wish for you to cover the cost of my next set of transports to and from Barcelona".

Sadir nods, "Very well. Agreed".

Interesting, and a bit alarming. Does Rafael truly value this more than a vote? Or does he see it as not worth that? Perhaps He has Sadir's vote already? Why pay twice for what you have?

Quote:

Rafael turns to Gino and does exactly what Sadir instructed. The Mortal heads down the stairs blankly as Francois speaks, "So then since we have you here Sadir, care to enlighten us as to who you believe the Ventrue representative should be?"

Pause to let you both jump back in.

"And on the mortal side, what make you of the excommunication of the city? An outsider's perspective...meaning no offense, is often enlightening to those within." No doubt my sire sees it as less important, he can return to Paris, but Venice is my home, and La Serenata Notturna my oasis.

9,401 to 9,450 of 9,603 << first < prev | 183 | 184 | 185 | 186 | 187 | 188 | 189 | 190 | 191 | 192 | 193 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Bloodlines - A Dark Ages V20 Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.