Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Dark Ages Vampire - Bloodlines

Game Master Dennis Harry

Bloodlines is a continuation of the now defunct table top Dark Ages Vampire game wherein the PC's have created lineal descendants throughout the ages.


851 to 900 of 4,076 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>

Sergei Volkov Prologue:
Katya enters your room with you, "What is so importent milord?" she asks her eyes sparkling with mischief. [/b]

Katriana Volkov Prologue:
As you enter your room and sit on the bed enraged by Sergei's comments Francois enters the room. "You must excuse his behavior my petite, he simply wants to protect you. You have been under a great deal of stress for a long time. Tomorrow evening let us slip away from the others and have a small bite to eat along the canal, it will be romantic. What do you say?"


Lorenzo Cappelli Prologue:
"Fascinating, he turned to dust? Did you happen to catch the name of this man who turned to dust by any chance? If not do you have some of that dust left over for my inspection? I may be able to glean something of use from it".

Dr. Benne watches as you retrieve the dust. He pauses before opening the cap.

"Prince Narses. That is a name with which I am quite familiar. However, as this man said such dark knowledge comes at a dark price. Are you willing to pay such a price Dr? I may need to give you an evening to think your decision through before you answer for your life would never be the same again. Such is the price one must pay for power". Dr. Benne stares at you with a piercing gaze the likes of which you have never seen before almost as if he is judging your soul.

Storyteller Shadow ONLY:
7d10 ⇒ (8, 4, 2, 2, 8, 9, 7) = 40


Lorenzo Cappelli Prologue:
Obviously intrigued by Dr. Benne's offer, "What is this dark price you mention, Dr. Benne? Is it really possible to bring Constancia back, as you have said? Where have you learned this secret?"

Realizing he was bombarding Dr. Benne with questions like he did his teachers when he first started his studies in Padua, he pauses, stopping to think a few brief moments before uttering, "There is no price I would not pay to have my Constancia back...tell me what I must do."


Lorenzo Cappelli Prologue:
[b] "The power to bring her back is something that only my master can accomplish. Though there are others who claim the ability to do it theirs is a price even I would not pay.

The price that must be paid is one of blood for of course a suitable body must be found as hers is no longer a viable option. As for where I learned these secrets I cannot tell you I must show you but I cannot do so yet for you have not shown your commitment to me.

You seem eager though I will grant you that. Before I set you on this path I will give you one full day to consider whether to accept my offer. I will be back tomorrow at this very time to discover your answer. May I borrow this vial in the meantime?" [b]


Lorenzo Cappelli Prologue:
"Of course, I believe I have already run a number of tests on the dust, and still have a bit of it in my laboratory."

Assuming the Dr. Benne is ready to leave...

Lorenzo walks his guest to the door, "Very well, tomorrow night it is. I shall see you then."

After escorting Dr. Benne to the door, Lorenzo makes his way back downstairs into his laboratory all the while dreaming of having Constancia back in his arms.


Xing Shi:

Stam+Athletics
6d10 ⇒ (3, 3, 2, 4, 2, 5) = 19


prologue

Spoiler:

In the tavern drinking ;)


Storyteller Shadow:

2d10 ⇒ (10, 9) = 19

I will grab my side and slump down a bit. I want to see what the Captain does.


Gunther Thesing prologue:

Spoiler:

Gunther gets Debra's attention and calls her over to him. He leans over the bar and whispers to her to tend to the gentleman that just arrived, describing his attire indictating to whom he was referring.

As she steps away to do as asked, Gunther pours two fresh tall mugs of stout ale and carries them to a neighboring table of the new patron.

"Gentlemen!... compliments of Greetings! Enjoying yourselves, are ya?"

Striking up a conversation, Gunther tries to eavesdrop to find out who the stranger may be, and what business he has.


Sergei Volkov:
Sergei pushes Kat down on the bed and begins to ravage her. Strangely though, several times during the hour he finds his mind drifting to thoughts of his sister. He shudders a bit at the thought, but it is not noticeable.


Katriana Volkov:
Katriana gets very angry

"Oh no!! Don't you petite me! You know nothing about what I am going through. You just want to get into my pants again before I go off and screw someone else and you lose me!!!! I am not your property, and I am damn sure not Sergeis!! I am going for a walk"

She goes into a chest and grabs a dagger, hiding it in her clothes.

"If you try to follow me or warn my brother I swear on my parents I will cut your balls off!!!
Katriana storms downstairs and exits the house


Will be busy today and tomorrow, I will update the thread tomorrow evening.


Michael Santos:

"Well Anya if you decide to stay I will aid you however I can. I would like to see your story turn to one of success."

Michael takes a sip of his glass

"Why Venice of all places, what is your story why you decide to come here. You could have ventured to any place in the world."

I know you said that Michele is the one who contacts me, but with Michaels trade are there any policital figures that could aid him in his search or ruffians that would be able to dig up some dirt as to his known locations?


Xing Shi Prologue:
You attempt to out run the guard but to your great surprise he is fleet of feet. Within a few blocks he catches up to you. "Woman! I see you and I know you, stop now or we will hunt you down and force you to talk!"


Gunther Thesing Prologue:
As you near the table the gentlemen continue to talk back and forth they speak in a language you do not know. They pay you no mind as they continue to converse, the hooded one is doing most of the talking. What do you do?


Michele Querini Prologue:
The Captain glares at the crew and barks out orders in what you think is Spanish. You see money change hands and the crowd groan but they disperse. Two of the crewmen pick up the easterner and bring him below deck.
The Captain turns to you. "What your hell was that all about?!"


Katriana Volkov Prologue:
Francois it seems has stayed put as you do not see him following behind you as you hurry down the streets of Venice. Doin you find yourself walking along the canals admiring the sights though not the smells of the city. The night is still and a bit cool with your attire not quite appropriate for the chill blowing off of the sea.
A handful of guards approach you asking if you need assistance. What do you do?


Michael Santo Prologue:
Anya discusses her history as you consider who if anyone you can see regarding the whereabouts of Signore Querini. By the end if the story it becomes obvious that Anya was along for the ride and Hans wax the driving force of the move to the city. Your wife exits the room to refresh drinks and Anya turns to you.
"Do you think I should stay or go home Signore Santo?"

[Ooc] Make an Intelligence + Knowledge Local check Difficulty 7, if you have any dots in the Contacts background you may add that to your roll as well. This roll is to determine who you can talk to regarding the possible destination of Michele. ]/ooc]


Storyteller Shadow:
I came up on deck and saw him from the corner of my eye about to attack me as he was muttering something. We exchanged some blows while some crew wagered on us. I asked them to get you and the rest you know.
Did he say why he attacked me?


Andrew I need to pause you at your current scene sorry for Tue delay.


Michele Querini Prologue:
"No, he simply apologized to me for causing a scene and surrendered when he realized I struck him. Come to my quarters, I will do what I can for that wound. Then I will get to the bottom of his erratic behavior".
The Captain helps you up,not gently, and you feel the pain in your side shooting through your whole body as he brings you to his quarter and tries to patch you up. It will take a few days for these wounds to heal, I will look up on yhe chart exactly how long.


Storyteller Shadow:
I would like him locked up for the remainder of the trip. I will keep to myself to settle down the crew and to heal. I am just going to rest and heal up the remainder of the time until my part in this business transaction needs to happen. By the way do I feel the captain is telling the truth about what my attacker said?


Gunther Thesing prologue:

Spoiler:

Ok, Gunther doesn't know the language but does it sound familiar at all?
Would he know if one of his staff could understand and/or speak it?


Gunther Thesing Prologue:
You run a Tavern and an Inn and you have never heard anything like it before. You can always run around and ask the employees but ot looks like one of the men is about ready to get up from the table as you are thinking it over...


Michele Querini Prologue:
"I will question him more thoroughly now. You settle in and rest. You will need to be as presentable as possible for Sadir". The Captain ustles out of his cabin presumably to question the easterner.


Storyteller Shadow:
I will get some rest and wait to hear back from the Captain.


Xing Shi:

Is this the guard that winked at me or one of the others? What else is around us?

She stops and turns toward the man with a confused look on her face.

"Sir?"


Xing Shi Prologue:
This is one of the other ones. You are on a side street away from canals or a main thoroughfare. The night is lit by the stars and moon overhead.
"Don't try to be coy with me woman. I saw you following us. You will tell me why or you will regret crossing Signore Querini", states the man calmly.


Xing Shi:

She moves toward him slowly smiling a bit.

"Your friend, the other guard, he took a fancy to me and I to him and wanted to find out more about him as I didn't have a chance at the house with Gino around. You know men they get all up in arms when they think your their woman and you want to be with another man."


Xing Shi Prologue:
"Then why did you run? You can stop right there you're close enough".


No problem.


Xing Shi:

Xing Shi stops and just stands watching him.

"A girl doesn't want to come on to strong and didn't want him to know I was interested so much."


Spoiler:

Intelligence + Knowledge + Contacts Dif 7 2d10 ⇒ (9, 7) = 16

Michael looks Anya in her eyes and speaks fast in a lowered tone.
"I belive that you should stay, Hans has brought you here for a reason and tried to elevate his status here in a city of untold fortunes. If he had believe he could have landed such promise where you've come from he would never have left your previous home, but if times are tough I would understand your need to return home. There are many opportinuties for service around here all you need to do is look but let me ask you this..."

Michael looks to make sure his wife is still refreshing drinks

"I have one request if you would humor me. I am always interested in hearing stories of travelers, and those new to the city about their homelands forlore and ledgens of far away places. Where you come from are there any such tales my wife doesn't like such fantasies but I am sort of a collector of such sorts. I wanted to ask you should you decide to return home I would hate to miss my chance to indulge in your homelands stories. I usually hear these from drunken patrons who require my Gondola services where I can speak in open while drifting along the Canal, but here I utter no such fiction. Should your know one a simple nod would do and I'll stop by to have a chat"

I would like to see if she would know anything about vamps but I dont want to get the wife startled up. If she knows something about vamps or deziens of the night I could at least see if she is open to the concept without spreading mass hysteria. Even if she didnt believe in them she wouldnt run around spreading the idea without someone taking her for a witch or some heretic thats my angle with this.

Michael goes back to his normal tone...

Story teller shadow:

I also wanted to speak about the Gondola services that my company renders.

By day: There are Gondolas that in operations. Those that are used by any higher up and political figures. They would generally cost more but its a luxury ride that shows higher status. Then there are the Gen Public fares.

By night. I'd like to render services that are more Risque. Brothel like under the stars and the moon. I will would have unmark Gondolas for that but still operate with upmost caution.

round the clock Services. Making money.


Xing Shi Prologue:
Give me a Manipulation + Subterfuge check this guy is too suspicious to just buy the story.

Storyteller Shadow ONLY:
3d10 ⇒ (2, 2, 6) = 10


Xing Shi:

Manipulation+Subterfuge
4d10 ⇒ (6, 4, 5, 2) = 17


Xing Shi Prologue:
He looks at you suspiciously still, "Very well I will pass a message along for you, what do you wish him to know?"


Michael Santo Prologue:
A man named Lucious Ansora could perhaps help you locate Michele Querini.
Anya looks at you and gives a any smile, "Yes you are right Hans would not want me.to give up after the sacrifice he made. Do you think your friend the Tavern keeper would still hire me?"
Anya nods in the affirmative about folklore stories and says nothing more.

As your wife returns Anya's mood brightens and she stays a bit longer engaging in small talk until she takes her leave.

"We should help that poor girl any way we can", states your wife.


Xing Shi:

She smiles a bit at the man.

"Please tell him to meet me at (some location i'm familiar with) tomorrow after sunset if he still desires to learn more of me."


Xing Shi Prologue:
"Very well Signora I will inform him of your desired rendevous". With that the man turns on his heels and returns to his group.

You head "home" after a somewhat successful day. Carefully disabling and enabling the network of traps around your front door you get ready to rest for the evening when a voice speaks from behind you. "It is about time you returned. Well have you made contact". It is your contact, he was not there but a mment ago...


Xing Shi:

Xing Shi tires to keep her composure as he startles her and walks over to a chair and takes a seat trying to unwind a bit before answering him.

"He is out of town for about 2 weeks and am trying to work his family to get to him sooner if possible or at least as soon as he gets back."

She pulls out some leafs and puts them into a cup of cold water stirring it slowly.

"It seems this man you want is a very important person and is tied into some webs around the politics going on in this city and possibly it's downfall. Also in order to sway his family they wish to see some gold to show that we are true to our word about there being a lot more where it comes from for him working with you."

She sips the tea slowly watching him.

"I'm trying to work an angle to get closer to his cousin but is well guarded and may be difficult to do so."


Xing Shi Prologue:
"This man was in the city two days ago and you manage to let him slip out without making contact? You are either too cautious or a buffoon. Despite your inadequacy I will allow you to continue pressing forward though our mutual benefactor will hear of this I assure you. Now there is one more things I want from you".

Suddenly it is daylight. You feel a bit unsteady on your feet as you stand up as if you had drunk too much the night before. You are quite sure your contact was here or was it just a dream? You check the traps but none are triggered. You feel a profound sense of disappointment about your performance thus far so perhaps he was here. Once you get to the bottom of this Michele Querini situation you must begin to shadow this contact of yours, how is he able to do what he can do?!

Storyteller Shadow ONLY:
Forgetful Mind 8d10 ⇒ (7, 1, 7, 8, 10, 6, 6, 9) = 54 Difficulty 4 [/dice]


Xing Shi:

Xing Shi rubs her head and looks around. I did ask him for gold if he was indeed here did he leave it anywhere?


Lorenzo, Michele, Sergei and Xing Shi are done for the evening. I just need to resolve Gunther, Andrew and Katriana then we can move onto the next day.


Katriana Volkov:
Katriana looks distraught.
"Thank you gentlemen, I am fine. I had an argument with my beau and I just needed to get some air. I know its not safe to be out at night, but I just needed to get away for a bit. Do you mind if I tag along on your patrol? Guardsmen always fascinated me."

She gets that "being cute but not realizing it, but actually realizing it" look on her face, if you catch my drift.


Katriana Volkov Prologue:
The head guardsman stiffens his back at your request, "That is a most unusual request. I suppose we could allow you to follow along but we cannot guarantee your safety".


Katriana Volkov:
"I would not hold anyone responsible were something to happen to me. I am very grateful to the people who help keep us safe. I am new to Venice, and would love a look around the city from your perspectives. My name is Katriana, Katriana Volkov."

Appearance+Expression (-2 diff. for friendly face)
6d10 ⇒ (3, 9, 10, 8, 5, 2) = 37
I believe thats either 4 or 5 successes, this is purely for the first impressions, in case someone wanted to rape me, but now I remind them of someone.


Katriana Volkov Prologue:
The guards take you on a circuit of the city. It seems that the patrols rotate in five groups around the entire city. They stay on land and do not use gondolas. They harass anyone who is not of noble birth and confiscate their weapons unless given a hearty bribe. The nobles are allowed to keep their weapons but their names are collected as well as the names of any traveling companions they have with them.
One such group is a Marco Querini who has four armed bodyguards with him. He is rude to the group and it feels as if a fight is about to break out until you speak up and introduce yourself to him. This seems to release the building tension and both groups go their own separate ways. As the might gets even later the patrol escorts you home though you make sure to go to a house you are not staying in and double back to your current safe house as they are clearly gathering data you don't want them knowing where you are staying.
Anything tu want to ask through the nights journey?


Katriana Volkov:
I would have asked this Marco if he was related to Michele. I would also ask about the situation in the city, that I had heard about the Doje. I would also like to try to set up a date or something with one of the younger guards, if anyone seems like they might be interested. Other than that I can go home, not speaking a word to anyone, and sleeping on the couch.


Katriana Volkov Prologue:
Marco does confirm that Michele is one of his cousins though he days no more to you.
The guards do indeed confirm that the Doge is wrestling with issues involving the Pope.
One of the younger guards, Antonio, is interested for sure. Away from the others he agrees to meet you at a cafe on the west canal around dinner time.
When you arrive home all is still. You pass out on the couch and sleep.


Gunther Thesing prologue:

Spoiler:

Gunther watches as the man takes his leave, curious as to what the conversation was all about, but shrugs it off as he thinks it'd be foolish of him to pursue it further without there being some sort of conflict as a result.

Tending to his patrons, Gunther does his best to make certain that business remains steadily busy.

851 to 900 of 4,076 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Bloodlines - A Dark Ages V20 Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.