Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Dark Ages Vampire - Bloodlines

Game Master Dennis Harry

Bloodlines is a continuation of the now defunct table top Dark Ages Vampire game wherein the PC's have created lineal descendants throughout the ages.


801 to 850 of 4,250 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>

Storyteller Shadow:
I will look at my foe with a steely gaze and will swing at him 4d10 ⇒ (2, 3, 1, 7) = 13 while never taking my eyes off of him saying to the 2 men Get the Captain. If I perish you two will be joining me in the afterlife!


Xing Shi:

"Yes get me in touch with your cousin and i'm sure there will be plenty for you in it as well"

She smiles slyly at him.


prologue

Spoiler:

Takes a seat across from the man....

offers his hand quickly.

"Been awhile ago."


Lorenzo Cappelli Prologue:
His curiosity peaked by Dr Benne's comment, "Very well Dr. Benne, let us adjourn to the parlor and we can discuss this matter in more detail. What sort of strange occurrences do you specialize in doctor?"


Volkovs Prologue:
Where did we leave off?


Michele Querini Prologue:
This time it is the cagey veteran who manages to duck back from your swing, his charge forward was a feint! He moves forward at you!
Dagger Attack 4d10 ⇒ (8, 8, 1, 9) = 26
Dagger Damage 2d10 ⇒ (9, 5) = 14
That is 1 Lethal damage, you may make a soak roll at 1/2 of your soak pool.


Xing Shi Prologue:
"That is interesting because I on the other hand am not so sure, I like my gold in hand".


The Volkov's:
You will have to dig for my last post, it is too long for me to repeat.


Andrew the Hardy Prologue:
The man extends his hand and you grip his firmly, instantly you remember his name, Brian Stack an Irishman who immigrated to the Highlands. When you were young he recruited your cousin Conner into the Knights Templar.
He speaks to you in Gaelic. "Well met Andrew the Lord is good to have sent you to me in my time of need. It would appear that I too am in a good position to help you".


Lorenzo Cappelli Prologue:
After sitting in the parlor and having another glass of wine Dr. Benne replies to your query, "When I was a young man I was a man of medicine. In the city of Florence I wad a physician to a powerful family with all of the prestige and riches one would expect from such a privileged position. My wife was beautiful but she was barren and she wanted children more then any riches I had accumulated from my work. She begged me to find a way to help her. I began to experiment with different remedies to improve her chances at bearing a child. Poring through tomes, some considered blasphemy I am sure. My overconfidence was my undoing slowly I poisoned my own wife to death". He pauses to take another sip a spasm of pain or anger flashes across his face.
His visage is most disturbing but then a mask of calm returns.
"Since then I have dedicated my existence to finding a way to save her. Do you not feel the same way about your beloved Constancia?"


Storyteller Shadow:
I will feign crumpling to the ground- Manipulation and Subterfuge? 5d10 ⇒ (8, 6, 4, 1, 4) = 23 then try to strike upwards

Knife Attack 4d10 ⇒ (3, 7, 3, 10) = 23
1/2 Soak (rounded down) 1d10 ⇒ 1

During the attack upwards I will grunt and loudly proclaim "You curs go and get the Captain!


prologue

Spoiler:

Replies in Gaelic...
"Indeed Brian, years has it been since I had pleasure o yer company an countance, I noted you at tha palace o tha Doge an now here yer are before me. Help is something I have need o, an likely yerself has some needs as well."

motions the waitress over...

"Drinks, in plenty."


Xing Shi:

"Well i'm sure we can give you a taste but it is your cousin my employer is interested in."


Gunther Thesing prologue:

Spoiler:

I'd like to have Gunther check out the tavern tonight immediately after dinner; as for Rafael, Gunther wants to see if the relationship between Jordan and Christopher becomes more serious before he hands over any ducats to Rafael... something doesn't appear to be exactly on the up-and-up; and as for not hearing back from the others, maybe he'll be able to find out something while he makes an appearance at the tavern.


Storyteller shadow:

Alissa Santos (around number 13)

Michael follows the two ladies into his humble abode. watching them "closely" and wonders .oO(what could I possibly say or do to get them both to start to go a round with him"

"Would you like something to drink? "
Michael gestures to his wife for some drinks

"Please Honey if you dont mind some beverages for all of us."
Michael starts to address Anyas concerns

"About your brother I did speak with the Good Doctor Arrigino which he said it was a simple drowning. When I needed your referral for a second opinion that doctor who I later found out is not a doctor began speaking of reasons that cannot be explained scientifically."

Michael looks as if he is thinking for a moment.
this cannot be a simple drowning because all employees must be able to swim. Do you know if your brother was mixed up in any one of the wrong crowd?!? Did he drink a lot did he have problems with substances that would cause him to take a swim?!? I notice that the location which you live is not, well the best place to raise kids in?"


Michele Querini Prologue:
His knife strike somehow misses your arm while cutting open your shirt sleeve.

As you stumble back you bring the easterner forward and strike a glancing blow. Dagger damage 2d10 ⇒ (4, 7) = 11
Easterner soak 1d10 ⇒ 8

Your growl for the Captain does send one man into action who races across the ship and down to the Captain's quarters. You will need to hold out a bit longer though as the old man lunges forward and the crowd roars.

Dagger Attack 4d10 ⇒ (1, 7, 6, 10) = 24
This time the cagey easterner steps to your left and slices into your oblique muscles drawing blood!

Dagger Damage 3d10 ⇒ (9, 6, 8) = 23

You may soak the damage again at 1/2 of your dice pool as the damage is lethal.


Gunther Thesing Prologue:
You enter the Tavern after dinner and it seems like a great deal of the crowd you usually have has yet to come back. Cosimo explains that the Doge's men have ben harassing people at night as a result of some incident where a nobleman was injured. "Between that and the fact that we closed for a few days, it has hurt business. Since you are here I will take the rest of the night off Signore Thesing, I have three girls on tonight, Lindsay, Antonietta, and Debra, more then usual but they was hurtin for coin". With that he is out of the door.

The patrons that do arrive you give courteous service to. One in particular catches your eye, the man sits with an air of supreme confidence about him. He is pleasant enough to serving girls but watches the door quite carefully as if he is expecting someone. Each time you consider coming out from behind the bar to greet him a new patron comes in and walks up to the bar asking what happened the last few days.

A few hours later the man is still there, still waiting. You see a chance to step out when the door opens again, you groan inwardly expecting another regular to engage in a thirty minutes conversation about why the Tavern was closed.

This time though it is a man dressed as a foreigner, in what appears to be a skirt! He has a noticeable limp and he scans the room paying you and the serving wenches little mind. As he scans to the far side of the room the stranger who caught your eye before beckons to him. The man goes over and sits. You are too far to hear what they say though the newest patron does call for more drinks.


The Volkovs:
"I would like another shot at being the bait. It has been a while since I did it last, and I have learned so much since that incident..." Katriana is convinced that she should be the next to go


The Volkovs:
"Absolutely not! You almost didnt come back that time in Prague! Wilhelm is right, it might not be the smartest idea right now. Unless we can get in good with the local autorities. I would like to make that our first priority. We need to set up a meeting with that nice guardsman we met the other night. As of yet I am at a loss as to where to find this Querini character. Hopefully he will return to the city soon. Other than that, I say we try to get some legitimate work. Any ideas?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Andrew the Hardy Prologue:
In gaelic, "Aye. It may be hard to tell who needs whose help more. Let me explain to you the situation in the city so you will understand your own woes better. Then I will tell you mine for therein is the intersection of interests that can be mutual beneficial to us both. The Doge several few months ago agreed to aid an Italian City State in the north to "take back" a Princeship fro a rival family member. The Pope objected to Venice sending land armies to this city and has demanded that the armies return to Venice. The Doge has refused the demand. In return the Pope has threatened to excommunicate all Venetians from the Church. As I am sure you know this threat is no small matter and would give Venice's many enemies ample opportunity to strike back at their hated foe".

Brian takes a chug on his ale, "This is why your pleas fall on deaf ears. The city is split in half, the Doge's foes want the Doge to pull the land forces back ratehr then risk the ire of the Pope. The Doge sees it as weakness to pull out simply because the Holy See has demended it. He also sees the Pope as a greedy land grabber who wants to send in Vatican forces to "prop up" this regime. The Doge takes great risks here refusing the Pope, especially as the Pope has a long standing feud against the city which stems from his time as a Cardinal. If you can find a way to solve that problem I am sure the Doge will look upon you and your entourage favorably".

Brian sucks down the rest of his ale and finishes, "Luckily or unluckily, I have a way for you to help the Doge in this time of crisis. My superior in the Knights Templar has sent me here to root out Vatican radicals in the city known as the Inquisition. These fanatics see withcraft at every turn or at least they claim to. Generally though they use their inquisition powers to strip families of wealth. Those who support them by rooting out heretics and witches are looked upon favorably and often inherit most if not all of the wealth of the accused. A rash of such rampant nepotism was stamped out of Venice fifteen years ago. It left a stain on the reputation of the church in Venice and the Pope was forced to pull back all Inquisition forces from the city never to return. The fact that they are here now is a direct contradiction to the Papal Bull issued at that time. If you can prove these Inquisitors are here, the Doge can infer that the Pope acted out of turn and sent them here as a strike force of assassins against him! This will give the Doge some room to negotiate a solution with the Pope as the Pope will be seen to be in the wrong for such an action. It may not seem evident at first glance but if other Christian leaders think of the Pope's Inquisition as a force of assassins looking to strip the powerful of their titles it will force the Pope to backpeddle. After all he must rely on the help of such leaders to give the excommunication some teeth. Are you up for this challenge?"


Xing Shi Prologue:
"A taste eh? I am fine with that but I hunger now. Supply me with that taste now and I will see to it you meet with my cousin the day he returns. Refuse and I will see to it that he will avoid you like the plague".


Michael Santo Prologue:
Alissa retrieves a glass of wine for Anya. She sits down in your kitchen. "No there was no one who gave him a hard time. Though there is a man who would show interest in me. He is a beggar but not a man that ever bothered me. Once Hans did you at him though to leave me alone".


The Volkov's Prologue:
Francois looks angered at Katriana's suggestion but keeps his lips tight when Sergei says his peice.

Kat blurts out, "What about being a gondola driver? One of you could work for that Santo character, that would give us a better idea of the lay out of the city. Plus with the death of this Hans, he is a man down".

"Bah, that is a horrible idea. We should simply set up shop on a roof near the canals where this body was found. With a few crossbows we can bring one of the beats down. Everyone knows killers like to hunt in the same spots when the eating is plentiful even unnatural predators will be lulled into false security when not under threat", responds Francois.

"I think Kat's idea has merit", retorts Brice. "You would, if for no other reason then to get in her good graces", snaps Francois leering at Kat.

"Being a gondola driver is the same thing as being bait is what it looks like to me. We will need to find a way to follow our would be driver around I think", opines Brice.


Xing Shi:

Xing Shi thinks to herself that this man will be gutted before the week is up and smiles at him.

"Let me talk with my employeer and I will come back in 2 days time to provide you your "taste"."

She stands and holds out her hand to him and smiles toward Gino.

"Was nice seeing you again Gino I will keep in touch."


Prologue

Spoiler:

"Aye tis a mission o less than diplomacy I'd wager an one we might enjoy a bit tis true, any chance any o these agents err English an they are here also hope'in tah keep allies away from tha homeland?"

"Iffen they were English it would make a bit more sense why were gonna take offense at ther actions."


Xing Shi:

I want to wait in the shadows till he leaves the house and follow him to where he lives and then head back to my place and wait for my contact to come to me hopefully he doesn't take to long.


Andrew the Hardy Prologue:
In Gaelic "If the English are here I am not aware of it. I think they do not have the same vision as the Bruce, they perceive the Venetians as a Mediteranean sea power. Unfortunately there can be no "we" involved here. I must remain in the shadows, if the In quisitors know I am here they will take aggressive action against the Templars which is something we can ill afford at the current time. Your friends too must be unaware of our arrangement I do not know or turst them while I know and trust you and your kin. Knowing this do you accept the task?"


Xing Shi Prologue:
As you exit Gino's humble abode you see that this Marco is not alone. Four men armed and armored are standing outside of the apartment waiting for him. They smile at you and one winks. You ignore the suggestion in the man's eyes and find a suitable hiding place to follow the group.

Soon after Marco exits the apartment, dons a cape with a large symbol on it and stalks through the Venetian streets.

Make a Dexterity + Stealth check difficulty 7 to follow, these men are on alert and watching the shadows.


prologue

Spoiler:

"I have no love o assassins, so exposing them an there curruption o tha church fits well my sensibilities, I shall endevor to do my best."

"So ken I expect tah see tha lad yah sent round again as our contact?"


Xing Shi:

Dex + Stealth
7d10 ⇒ (6, 6, 8, 3, 5, 4, 1) = 33 (ugh)

Xing Shi is not very stealthy with their awarness

As soon as she realizes shes spoted she will just boogey out of there.


Andrew the Hardy Prologue:
In Gaelic, "I am grateful for your help. I must warn you though that the agent I was working with previously has disappeared. I have not heard from him in days. He was following a lead on a warehouse which housed goods which belong to the Inquisition. This man was a member of the Doge's security force he told them he was taking a trip out of town which is why they have not realized he has disappeared yet. I suspect they may have fund him snooping and had him killed though his body has not turned up. The warehouse is owned by a man named Dominic Cappelli. That is the best I have at the moment but I will see what my contacts can drudge up now that I have your help.

You will never see that man again, I never use the same messenger twice. From now on if you get a message that somoene claims is from me ask the following question, "The cup must pass but to who?" The answer is "to the Order of the Third Eye". If that is not the answer given the person is a spy and I have been compromised. Do you have any other questions before you begin?"


Lorenzo Cappelli Prologue:
Almost as if gravely wounded by the question, Lorenzo quietly responds, "There is nothing in this world I want more...but as much as I study and work, I know this is but a fantasy."

A sudden flash of suspicion crosses Lorenzo's face as he asks Dr. Benne, "How do you know about my Constancia?"


The Volkovs:
"Enough bickering, You all have good ideas, but mine is the best. Brice, you will go to Michael Santo and tell that we figured since he was a man down you could take over for him, and also help keep an eye on things. We cannot try cat and mouse until we know that we can at least get the guards to look the other way, or get on board. Wilhelm and Kat can work on that. Francois, you do what you do best and keep my sister occupied."


prologue

Spoiler:

"What ken I do to get started? I suspect tha diplomatic mission will take over-long givin good reason fer me tah remain."

"Have faith mah friend obviously God almighty brought us together, after these long years."


The Volkovs:
Katriana turns and slaps Sergei clear across the face. This startles and silences the entire room. Sergei just stares at her in disbelief.

"I will not be made a fool of brother! Each one of us has done just as much as you have, maybe even more. I am this close to leaving!!

Katriana storms off, presumably up to her room.


Michael Santos:

Michael assist his wife with the drinks handing Anya hers, and pulling up a seat for his wife to the table.

"I cannot say that this is the most unusal circumstances. Your brother was how can I say this... My best employee. He didnt speak much about his personal affairs, I guess since he was new to the city and didnt know many people but he was always at work on time, first to show up last to leave. Hard working someone I could trust and depend on. When he didnt show up for work I never pressed the Issue cause I believe something would have to move the stars for him to miss an appointment."

Michael gives Anya a reassuring gesture

"Leave it to me though I will find out who is responsible for this. Your brohter reminds me so much of my self and after hearing your story. A man tring to make a honest living in a strange new City and afford the luxury for his family. I know that story all to well. The world needs more people like him."

Michael downs his glass of wine.
"I did speak with the Good Doctor and the results will be in soon enough. We will lay the body to rest. Have you deciede what your going to do in the mean time. Will you stay in the city? return home? any employment opportunities? Whats your next move."


Lorenzo Cappelli Prologue:
"If you believe such a thing to be a fantasy then you have not progressed in your work far enough".

"I know many things about you Dr. Now let's discuss your strange incident shall we?"


The Volkov's Prologue:
Francois says nothing and follows Katriana to her room.

Brice turns to Sergei, "I will reach out to Michael tomorrow". He then excuses himself and steps outside.

Wilhelm turns to Sergei, "You treat her as if she was still as young as she looks. I told you that this approach is unnatural. Hopefully soon we will find what you are looking for and you can find what you seek. If this keeps up, the journey may well destroy you both more thoroughly then these monsters ever could". With that he too steps outside.

Katya wraps her arms around Sergei's neck, "I will do as you ask milord, is there anything else you need of me?"


Andrew the Hardy Prologue:
In Gaelic, "I would start with the warehouse and see if that takes you anywhere".


Storyteller Shadow:

Soak 1d10 ⇒ 5
Attack 4d10 ⇒ (2, 9, 8, 4) = 23


Lorenzo Cappelli Prologue:
"How? Why is you know, as you say, many things about me?" Lorenzo says, not wanting to discuss things further with Dr. Benne until a suitable answer comes forward.


The Volkovs:
"Actually I will need to discuss something of utmost importance in my quarters, before you do anything else.

He takes her by the hand, and leads her to his room......


Prologue

Spoiler:

"Name a few places in tha general area, tha way I ken, if questioned say why I might be in tha area. Or does a merchant sell pipeweed an an eel-skinned pouch, fer tha stuff?"

Andrew will go to enough trouble to write a business name and pipeweed on a scrap of paper for a cover.....

Then he will head to the warehouse


Michael Santo Prologue:
Anya sips her glass and gives a slight wince, "It is so rich with flavor! I am not sure what to do. I know you have offered to help but I am torn with staying or leaving. I do not think I can afford where I am now for much longer. I may have to take what money I do have and go home".


Michele Querini Prologue:
His cut goes deep into your side the fiery agony of the knife cutting through you is unbelievable. You strike out wildly in return You would have a -1 to your dice pools now. I will reflect it as 1 less damage instead of on the attack.

Your counterstrike sinks home! Roll just your strength for damage.

You see the man again jab forward with his dagger.
Easterner Dagger Attack 3d10 ⇒ (5, 1, 7) = 13

At that moment you slip on the slick blood on the deck and his strike narrowly misses.

As you raise your arm for another thrust the Captain comes across the ship with impossible speed, slamming the man in the back of the head with a club.

Club attack 7d10 ⇒ (10, 2, 9, 6, 6, 5, 10) = 48
Club Damage (Non-lethal) 8d10 ⇒ (4, 5, 1, 6, 1, 9, 9, 1) = 36

The Captain scremas at him in an unknown language.

Easterner Soak 2d10 ⇒ (5, 3) = 8

Clearly wounded and intimidated by the appearance of the Captain, the man drops his dagger and grabs at the back of his head.


Lorenzo Cappelli Prologue:
"I told you already I have studied darker mysteries the same as you but unlike you I have advanced quite far in my studies. Your mind is an open book to me Dr. Cappelli". Dr. Benne continues to sip his wine looking you directly in the eyes over the rim of his glass.


Xing Shi:

She returns to her apartment licking her wounded pride at not being super stealth awaiting for some contact.


Lorenzo Cappelli Prologue:
Somewhat suspicious of Dr. Benne, Lorenzo considers asking the doctor to leave, but just as he is about to do so, his curiosity gets the better of him.

"Perhaps after we have discussed the oddity that I have seen, we can discuss your studies a bit more?" he asks, hopefully.

Lorenzo pours himself a fresh glass of wine, offering another glass to his guest before continuing. "A few nights past I was called in to determine the survivability of an intruder in one of my brother's warehouses. The wound was grave, and there was certainly little chance the intruder was going to survive the night."

"He said something before he died, 'Take me to Prince Narses, I must tell him what I have seen here. He will reward you as he always does.' Obviously I do not know who this supposed Prince Narses is. Upon telling the dying man that I did not know of this Prince Narses, he said to me, 'Wait I don't know you... What have I done? That is where you are wrong. There is a Prince and you will rue this day that you have made this discovery.'. Almost immediately afterwards, the man died and to my shock and surprise, turned to dust. I did manage to keep a bit of the dust to study."


Xing Shi Prologue:
If only it was so easy... One of the guardsmen spots you and turns to pursue you with his sword drawn. Make a Stamina + Athletics test to outrun him.

Storyteller Shadow ONLY:
4d10 ⇒ (5, 5, 6, 10) = 26


Andrew the Hardy Prologue:
Let's pause you at the Tavern for now.

801 to 850 of 4,250 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Bloodlines - A Dark Ages V20 Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.