Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Dark Ages Vampire - Bloodlines

Game Master Dennis Harry

Bloodlines is a continuation of the now defunct table top Dark Ages Vampire game wherein the PC's have created lineal descendants throughout the ages.


651 to 700 of 4,611 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>

Lorenzo Cappelli Prologue:
Morning comes and you wake with great weariness from another late night. Your research bears little fruit as your mind is focused in these new dilemmas. Sergei and Michael are coming by soon to tour the facility owned by Dominic. What will you do in the meantime?


Michael Santo Prologue:
You wake in the morning with your wife asking you about the results of the previous days visit. How do you answer? We need to name the wife and determine how many kids you have. Soon you will need to get the Volkov Twins to visit the warehouse.


Andrew the Hardy Prologue:
Your are woken by Aodhan, "Up lad, the soldiers we were promised are here to escort us to the palace. I would suggest we all go armed despite what those goons said. If we are betrayed we will go down with swords in our hands"


Xing Shi Prologue:
Your mysterious employer does not visit you in the night and you manage to get a good nights rest. When you wake in the morning what do you do?


Gunther Thesing Prologue:
You wake in the morning feeling somewhat anxious about your private discussion with Rafael. Fiona is not in bed but you can smell breakfast cooking. As you head down to get food you hear a knock at the front door. What do you do?


Storyteller shadow:
I will head up to the top to find some food.


Prologue

Spoiler:

"Aye mah broad-sword an mah shield, city guards mighten not even be able tah defend us from a real threat, likely we'ud be protectin em."


Story teller shadow:


2 Children a boy and a girl. The boy (8) is older daughter a year younger
Wifes Name: Alissa Santos.

"Haven't found anything that would prove this nonsense true, but I have found is that the doctor that given this idea of night walkers is not really a doctor he was someone that was brought in for a seocnd opinion but liscened so the credibility of his work and notion isn't as valid as it once was. the consensus of the group stands that Hans was drowned. and the water pressure from the bottom of the canal pushed all the blood from his body."

Michael informs his wife of this information to ease her fears and stop and further possible gossip of vampires.

gets up to go find his kids and spend some fatherly time with them. before heading to work: The Volkovs


Xing Shi:

Going to see if I can find my marks friends house where I first saw them go. When I get there I will knock on the door.


Gunther Thesing Prologue:

Spoiler:

Gunther follows the savory aromas of breakfast being prepared in the kitchen, samples a bit of Fiona's cooking, and heads to the front door to see who it is.


Das Volkovs:
Everyone is off doing what I wanted them to do, we will move things along and wait til the warehouse walkthrough.


Lorenzo Cappelli Prologue:
Lorenzo does little more this morning other than shake the weariness from his body, prior to joining Dominic and the two "prospective customers" at the warehouse.


Michele Querini Prologue:
You walk up the stairs to the deck. Sailors hustle and bustle to keep the ship moving and spotlessly clean. The ship is in pristine condition which surprises you for what you had always heard was that pirates are an undisciplined lot. The sun is bright overhead and the ship feels hot, especially in the sweaty clothes in which you slept all night.

You follow your nose to the smell of food and find the fare quite bland though there are some clusters of frsh fruit on that table where the food has been laid out. A barrel caroees the way looks like the spot where the gruel is cooked. The chef a man with no teeth smiles at you and in broken Italian states, "Enjoy yer lordship, not often I get to cook for the like sof royalty".

A group of sailors laugh. Another approaches you, he speaks in a language you do not understand. Before you are forced to answer the Captain intervenes, "Good morning Querini, its a beautiful day no?"


Andrew the Hardy Prologue:
You and your small delegate exit the Inn with a cadre of bodyguards. These men wear crests of the Doge which you recognize based on the description the Bruce had given. As you turn the corner you come to an open square where the palace resides. While still under construction and partially an old building, the sight is impressive nontheless. Thousands of people throng the entranceway having discussions or in some cases shouting matches.

The guards walk you through all of these people many of whom need to be shoved out of the way for you to gain admittance. As you pass the entrance something catches your eye a man in armor with a symbol of the cross on his tabard. Make a Perception + Awareness roll Difficulty 6 .

The inside of the building has a wide open atrium, partially due to the fact that the ceiling hs yet to be constructed. You are led to the left around the side of the entranceway to a portion of the building which is old. After a short walk you are placed in a room by the guards who infrom you that a representative will be with you shortly. Aodhan scowls but then he is always scowling. Patiently you settle down to wait.


Michael Santo, the Volkov's & Lorenzo Cappelli Prologue:
Michael picks up Sergei and Katriana in a timely basis though he had no time to handle the issues his employees brought to his attention. Moving through the crowded streets near Dr. Cappelli's house the three companions find that the directions provided were impeccable as is the timing of the Cappelli brothers both of whom stand out front waiting for your arrival.


Xing Shi Prologue:
You arrive at the door and after what seems like forever the man you saw yesterday groggily opens it up, What do you wa... Oh its you". The man has no shirt on and his hair is in rough shape. He is tall and a bit too skinny but not unpleasant to look at. What do you do?


Prologue

Spoiler:

Perception + Awareness 7d10 ⇒ (3, 5, 4, 2, 5, 4, 6) = 29
1 success ;(

"It seems tha palace is a hotbed o activities, some more savory tha others, Id wager!"

"Guessin wer in fer a wait lads!"

Spends a few minutes in quiet contemplation.


Gunther Thesing Prologue:
You open the door and standing on the other side expectantly is Cosimo, one of your employees. He looks nervous and hesitant to speak but he proceeds, "Signore Thesing, is there some chance you can meet with all of us this morning. We would like to know what is happening with the Inn".


Andrew the Hardy Prologue:
The man wearing the cross looks familiar but you can't quite place where you have seen him before...

The wait is indeed long. hours drag by and a serving woman brings in refreshments for you. Aodhan asks here when the Doge will arrive but she does not have a good answer. She leaves and the wait continues.


prologue

Spoiler:

"I though I saw a man I recognized, but thar was a throng in tha procession, so I ken not be sure o it."

When the serving lady comes in Andrew addresses her
"Might yah be able tah gets a holy man tah come an bless us while we err waitin?"


Storyteller Shadow:
Captain, Yes it is. I am impressed with the cleanliness of the ship and how the crew operates. A testament to your leadership I would suppose. Before I forget, what langauage was that man speaking and what was he saying? As I wait for a reply I slop up some of the gruel to be hospitable.


Gunther Thesing Prologue:

Spoiler:

"What do you mean?" Gunther asks with a highly concerned tone in his voice. "What is going on at the inn?"


Andrew the Hardy Prologue:
The serving woman smiles, "Not too many holy men in Venice but I will see what I can do".

The woman leaves and more time passes. A set of guards enters the room.

Good afternoon Signore Aodhan and to your compatriots. We were informed that you were carrying weapons within the premises. I am afraid we will have to confiscate them while you are here for the time being. We will return them when you leave. Please also know that there has been a rash of violence in the city as of late. For your own saftey we recommend you to stay indoors at night". What do you do?


Michele Querini Prologue:
"Igor speaks some baltic language. I can't understand him with his heavy accent half of the time. You can safely ignore what he says, superstitious fool that he is. Yes I would take credit for it but it is my first mate that really keeps things operating. He speaks several languages fluently. It allows us to inherit a wide variety of highly skilled scoundrels".

The gruel actually tastes a LOT better then it looked.


Gunther Thesing Prologue:
Cosimo looks astonished at your reaction, "Signore you ordered the Inn shut down and the bar. We have taken no new customers since two days ago. All of the people are out and we are worried about our future, are you being shut down, bought out? We need to know".


prologue

Spoiler:

"We understand we were accosted last evening our-selves an were glad tah be armed. We gladly surrender our arms herein, but will need them returned and will need permission to carry our arms at all other times."

"Where can we retrieve err weapons?"


Andrew the Hardy Prologue:
"You may retrieve your weapons upon exiting the palace. Keep in mind that the Doge is considering an outright ban on carrying arms in the city with the exception of his personal guard. Night time walking with weapons will get you stopped, diplomats or no diplomats".

The men take your weapons and leave you to stir longer.

After some time the serving woman comes back, "Are you Andrew? If so the holy man I found would be pleased to see you where you are residing can I tell him where that is?"


Prologue

Spoiler:

"We shall take tha issue up wit tha His Most High excellency tha Doge in tha case when we speak with him."

"Thanks fer yer troubles we err at The Way of Kings Inn, nearby, he ken ask fer Lord Andrew tha Hardy at the desk."

"One moment..."
hands her a coin
"Fer yer troubles, and hopin yer troubles are few in number an easily overcome."


Storyteller Shadow:
Awh understood. Well this is much better then it looks. So how are we faring? What was he saying anyway? As we get closer to the end of this adventure hopefully I will better understand what I am risking myself for......besides coin. as I smile


Andrew the Hardy Prologue:
The serving girl smiles and winks at you as she leaves the room.

Finally after even further delay as the sun begins to sink in the sky a single man enters the room with no pomp or circumstance. "Greetings foreigners. I am Ducat and I have been assigned to represent the Doge. Unfortunately with the current crisis at hand he will be unable to meet with you. Now tell me what can I do for you?"

You hear Aodhan suck in a breath to no doubt launch a verbal tirade. What do you do?


Michele Querini Prologue:
"He said something to the efect of, 'you have been chosen by the fates and a dark wind blows your way' or some such drivel. He is always saying ominous things. Pay him no heed. I assure you that there is nothing else in life except for coin. Do you want fine food, fine clothing, women? With no coin these things cannot be yours. Do you want a fine ship, a fine house? Again it takes coin. You should know that better then anyone Venetian".


prologue

Spoiler:

"Mr. Ducat perhaps we might assist in yer current crisis, maybe if we unnerstood tha full measure o yer woes."

"Our business ken wait fer tha Doge himself, Whilst we wait tah see tha Doge, ken you grant us license tah carry our weapons on tha streets, rather than impose on yer hospitality an ask fer guards."


Xing Shi:

This is the same guy I had a sit down with at the docks correct?


Andrew the Hardy Prologue:
"I fear our woes far exceed anything you will be able to handle unless you have some personal influence with the Pope. As far as dispensation to carry weapons I doubt that would be granted to you. We have had blood feuds in the streets and quite possibly one or more groups have hired foreign assassins to handle their dirty work. My advice stay indoors at night. The night watch has been more aggressive lately even with citizens in good standing much less strangers".

Aodhan glares at Ducat, "We are here to form a trading alliance with your city. In exchange you treat us as thugs and make excuses as to why your leader cannot meet with us. Andrew and I have much more experience with warfare and defense then you do certainly on land at any rate. We offer to help and you rebuff us..."

Before Aodhan can finish his thought there is a knock at the door. Ducat smiles, "I understand your frustration. Let us meet tomorrow to discuss what you are seeking and how I can help you and perhaps how you can help us". With that he goes to the door and steps out of the room. What do you do?


Xing Shi Prologue:
Correct


prologue

Spoiler:

"Aye! What time tomorrow? Might we get guards to take us to a local market, we err out of pipeweed and I ave heard yer city is tha place tah get an eelskin case fer it."

Shakes hand with the man.....
"I unnerstand yer in a diffucult circumstance, perhaps a chance to break bread over lunch, with wine and blessings o tha Lord's bounty. I ave ne'er been in trouble wit a pope, though guessin it could appen."

"One day tah wait is not so much."


Storyteller Shadow:
More true words have never been spoken. So when can you eplain more of this adventure so we can get to the coin? As I talk I want to look over to the man who spke in the Baltic language and try to remember what he looks like.


Michael Santo, the Volkov's & Lorenzo Cappelli Prologue:
"Good morning Brothers Cappelli!! Tis a beautiful day to do some business! May in introduce my beautiful sister Katriana!
Sergei gestures towards Katriana


Michael Santo, the Volkov's & Lorenzo Cappelli Prologue:
Katriana smiles at the Cappellis.

"It is a pleasure to meet you both, I have heard a lot about you from my brother. Well not a lot, but enough"

she blushes


Michael Santo, the Volkov's & Lorenzo Cappelli Prologue:
"Good morning. Good to see you again, Sergei and Michael." Turning his attention to the young woman, he says with slight bow, "A pleasure to meet you, Signorina Volkov."

With the pleasantries out of the way, Lorenzo turns to Dominic, "Shall we be on our way to the warehouses?"


Lorenzo Cappelli ONLY:
You are out front now and ready to give them the tour. How do you want to play it? Do you want to take them on your own away from Dominic or let him guide them while you search for the crate with the contraband?


Storyteller Shadow ONLY:
We'll see if Dominic goes for letting Lorenzo handle the tour.

Michael Santo, the Volkov's & Lorenzo Cappelli Prologue:
Pausing momentarily as the group begins to make their way to the warehouse, Lorenzo asks, "Dominic, I know that you are a busy man, and will still need to draw up the contracts for the rental of the space. Would you like me to give our guests the tour of warehouse? I would be more than happy to. After we are done, I can bring them by your office and we can put this transaction to bed. Does this sound acceptable to everyone?"


Xing Shi:

Xing Shi moves in quickly and gives him a quick kiss on the cheek and makes her way into his house.

"It is good to see you again Gino."

She takes in the room before continuing.

"Remember you said you were a business man and you would help me? Well I require your help in finding someone whom my employer, who I might remind you has a lot of moneys, is looking to do business with and if you assist there would be a cut for you as well."

She smiles slightly at him batting her eyes quickly.


Michael, Volkovs, Cappellis:

Michael recalls the volkovs first meeting .oO(Sergei didn't introduce his sister to me like that, what a jerk)

"Brothers its good to see you once again a beautiful day to make some coin is it not?"


Gunther Thesing Prologue:

Spoiler:

"No need for concern, my friend. Special accommodations have been made upon request for a Mr. Kestral, who will be here in a couple of days. I simply wanted to make certain that the inn and tavern were prepared for his arrival. Since it has been handled, you and the rest of the staff may re-open the tavern, but the inn is to remain closed. Once Mr. Kestral and those joining him arrive, the tavern is to be closed and they are to be left alone, as he requested."


Andrew the Hardy Prologue:
Aodhan looks to you with frustration and siaappointment clearly showing on his face, "I suppose there is nothing for it but to wait until the morrow. Let's retrieve our weapons and get some food at the Inn, I am famished".

As Luag and Aodhan step out of the room and down the hall Donnach turns to you, "Any idea who the person you saw before was?"


Lorenzo Cappelli, The Volkov's & Michael Santo Prologue:
Dominic kisses Katriana's hand, "Enchanted Signora". He shakes Sergei and Michael's hands as well.

Lorenzo there is something very familiar about Katriana but you can't quite place it...

Dominic brightens at Lorenzo's suggestion, "That is an excellent idea. I have other paperwork to attend to as well. The daytime guardsmen will know you and give you a wide berth while touring the space. I do hope we can come to an arrangement". With that Dominic takes his leave and the rest of you are together at the front door of the space. The space itself is close to one of the grand canals but down a side street where there is a trickle of foot traffic so people are walking back and forth around you to get to wherever it is they are going.


Michele Querini Prologue:
The man is easily distinguishable from everyne else as he is quite old.

You and the Captain begin heading towards the bow of his ship. "We are meeting Sadir on the water. At that point you wil transfer to his ship and the rest of your job will be revealed to you. Have you met him before?"


Xing Shi Prologue:
He smiles as you walk in and closes the door, "It is good to see you again Signora. However did you find me? As far as business goes I can help you, is there anything else I can help you with?" It is not hard to notice that he is hard.


Gunther Thesing Prologue:
Cosimo looks relieved. "Thank you for the clarification Signore. I will inform the others and make a new work schedule for everyone to focus on the Tavern. Smaller shifts could be better for us, I guess".

651 to 700 of 4,611 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Bloodlines - A Dark Ages V20 Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.