Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Dain's King Maker Chronicles

Game Master dain120475

Introduction

This is the Kingmaker Campaign, yet it is filled with many deviations from the boxed set. The "Campaign Information" page is meant as a quick resource to help sum up the thousands of posts quickly.


401 to 450 of 10,645 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

The scouts..

You are moving slowly over a low lying ridge to the east; as you move on you come over a ridge, and look down to the south west and espy a group of riders in the distance. Brett hops off his horse and pulls his mount to the ground, and peeks over the steed who is immediately quiet with his spyglass. He looks for a moment then passes it around so you can all see the basic details. They seem to be several miles away, possibly two or so. They are moving relatively slowly; you’d guess they are not moving more then three or four miles an hour.

You see two groups, ten men on horses, they are wearing a motley a collection of brown or dark green cloaks. Some are carrying bows, others light spears. What really draws your attention is that there seems to be twenty additional outriders. They are wearing mismatched armor, and weapons, but these twenty are wearing black tunics, belted at their waist. On their chest is the symbol of a red Wyvern. One of the riders is carrying a long banner with the same symbol on it.

In front of the group are two riders of note; one of them looks rather tall and intimidating and wears dark green cloak. The green cloaked man is talking to another fellow who is dressed like a rich man, or a noble, or some such. The rich person is wearing black and red colors as well.

Behind the riders you see a wagon with bars and some prisoners in it, and there also seem to be some additional horses behind those wagons with sacks of baggage. You prepare you actions…


male Tiefling Gestalt staff magus/weapon adept monk 5

Gideon Says to the group on top of the hill,
"The others need to be warned of the situation."

Gideon and Ariah ride back to Oleg's as fast as they can

Upon arriving at the gate Gideon quickly tells the group what's going on.

"There were at least thirty of them. Twenty were wearing black taverns with red wyverns. The others are going to try to pop a few of them off ranged, but they'll be hauling back here at any moment. Best be ready."


At approximately 200 feet from the base of the hill Brett has his musket loaded and readied; and he points it at the first rider of the group, cocks back the hammer and fires.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 92d4 + 2 ⇒ (3, 4) + 2 = 9


Brett Rowan wrote:

At approximately 200 feet from the base of the hill Brett has his musket loaded and readied; and he points it at the first rider of the group, cocks back the hammer and fires.

1d20 + 6; 2d4 + 2

Despite the unbelievable chance of success, Brett somehow misses widely, yet calmly reloads the musket. The riders check their pace and seem confused. Though they heard the shot, they don't seem clear on where the shot came from, as none of them were really paying too attention to their surroundings.

Brett hunkers down since he knows he will be looked on, and decides to hide first before firing his next shot when they are getting close (100 feet away).

Some of the outriders are readying bows, and they are now moving at a far slower speed, cautiously, with eyes open and examining what is going on.

Before making the shot Brett turns to Alaric.

"I'm going to try taking out that bastard," he said gesturing to one of them. "If I can't do it, or just wound him, finish him off fast with your wand, there. One less bastard to come against us when get back to camp, eh?"

Stealth Check to hide from prying eyes

1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32

Attack check

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

2d4 + 2 ⇒ (3, 1) + 2 = 6


Brett Rowan wrote:
Brett Rowan wrote:

At approximately 200 feet from the base of the hill Brett has his musket loaded and readied; and he points it at the first rider of the group, cocks back the hammer and fires.

1d20 + 6; 2d4 + 2

Despite the unbelievable chance of success, Brett somehow misses widely, yet calmly reloads the musket. The riders check their pace and seem confused. Though they heard the shot, they don't seem clear on where the shot came from, as none of them were really paying too attention to their surroundings.

Brett hunkers down since he knows he will be looked on, and decides to hide first before firing his next shot when they are getting close (100 feet away).

Some of the outriders are readying bows, and they are now moving at a far slower speed, cautiously, with eyes open and examining what is going on.

Before making the shot Brett turns to Alaric.

"I'm going to try taking out that bastard," he said gesturing to one of them. "If I can't do it, or just wound him, finish him off fast with your wand, there. One less bastard to come against us when get back to camp, eh?"

Stealth Check to hide from prying eyes

1d20 + 12

Attack check

1d20 + 8

2d4 + 2

This bandit has 1d10 + 4 HP or

1d10 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Now he has 2...


Alaric Winter will fire Wand of Magic Missile at the one that has been hurt:
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


VonGonda wrote:

Alaric Winter will fire Wand of Magic Missile at the one that has been hurt:

1d4+1

Even as the bandit collapses off his horse with a second shot to his body, Brett is pulling your leg and rushing to his mount and swings himself onto the mount and gallops off without a second glance even as Alaric turns his horse and rides off as well.

You ride forward as hard as can be for about ten minutes

about 20 miles an hour, roughly 1 mile every three minutes, or roughly 3 miles. This puts you about six miles from Oleg's

Brett's checks his mount then turns, looking behind him, seeing if you were followed. He doesn't see anything... but he looks to you Alaric.

"Not bad... want to try again, or just ride hard?"he asks.


Alaric Winter speaks,"If they do not follow and we have a good spot I see not reason why we cannot take a second go."


"Best place I can think of is that self-same place the other lads camped at. We set up at the top of that ridge... they have to make their way through all that muddy track and swampy fens... It will slow the horses down considerable, and that wagon may even be forced to go around the slow way. I'm hopeful that will seperate things. I reckon the outriders are guarding the wagon, they won't leave that thing; NO sir. The other scum might, those bandits under that "Haps" guy; that lad who looks like he is talking with the Wyvern boss fellow. He probably won't commit too many of his own men, won't want them killed. No, he may send a scout or two, but my guess is that he'll keep them back by the banner of the Red Wyvern. If he does that, we probably won't see them till they get to this last place, and we shoudl be able to take one more set o' shots. You with me?

Alaric nodds. That sounds like an excellent place to hide for cover.


Alaric Winter speaks,"Lets do it."


Brett attempts a Stealth move before he makes his shot

1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28

"Let's keep things quiet, eh?"he adds crouching down.


You both wait at the same place the bandits had camped in. As you look over the hill you see that the riders have spread out some, and others have changed position.

There are five Wyvern riders on either side of the wagon, four behind it and six in front of it. The Bannerman is riding with his boss, and the cloaked figure, who you assume is Happs.

The other nine bandit scouts are broken up into clusters of three. They are spread out, with about fifteen feet between each rider. Between each cluster of rider is about one hundred feet. They are arranged in an arrow formation, with two clusters to the left and right of the main one, which is slowly pushing up the marshes that are even now at the bottom of the hill.

They check their pace at this place, and the chief rider indicates that he spies something on the top of the hill (no doubt the remains of the smoke pit built by the previous scouts). A command from the boss encourages the riders to move in a quick charge up the hill; they are currently carrying light lances or spears, and their bows are on their backs.

As they get 200 feet out, and are just coming to the base of the hill to ride up, Brett pops up and takes a shot at the first rider.

Brett attempts to attack the rider

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Damage

2d4 + 2 ⇒ (2, 1) + 2 = 5

The rider has this many Hit Points to start with

1d10 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

He drops and rushes for his mount. When they are in range, Alaric will make his attack with Magic Missal on the same one Brett aimed for.

Damage

1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Then he and Brett turn and keep riding fast for Oleg’s place. It is roughly five miles away. At twenty miles an hour, they should get there in roughly 15 minutes. The bandits, with their cart, should take about at least twenty to thirty minutes to get to Oleg’s place.

”Well,”said Brett as he rides up ”we’re back. That scum is farther behind us then I thought… maybe an hour. They’re dragging a wagon, looks like prisoners, or slaves; curse them!”he adds with a spit to his side.


Okay, this wraps thing up as such:

1. You have twenty mounted outriders with Red Wyverns on their tunics. They may be tough, or not. But there are twenty of them, plus their boss and bannerman.

2. There are only 8 bandits, plus Happs to deal with. Two have been killed by your forces.

3. You have one hour to get everything ready for when they are comming.

4. For some reason the Wyvern troops are dragging prisoners and or slaves. As to why they are taking them, you don't know. But that wagon is what is slowing down their progress.

5. There should be 4 hours for the workers to make 10x10 spikes, and one hour to set them up. You had three people working on them formally; they included Drake, Smendor, and Oleg. Leto, the Eidelion, and Tassera could have helped, and may help, but they need to let me know what they are doing.

5. Every person working on the spikes can set up one 10 x 10 set per hour. So far you have created 12 10 x 10 sets. You have time to make others, depending on what other people do.

Okay, we have the big battle at 9 PM Eastern Standard Time. Please let me know if there is any last minute cancelations or anything else. Battle maps will be finished and sent out by eight (hopefully) and we should start from there. I presume everyone's got everything? Great!

After this combat is finished we'll divy up some basic loot, hand out experience points, tie things up socially and move on from there.


NOTE TO ALL:


To those that did not posts if they where helping. If everyone posts that they help we have 25 total sets of spikes. At this time we only have 11 confirmed helpers.


Smendor: (3 spikes) (Gate Work)
Drake: (4 spikes)
Oleg: (4 spikes)


Please post to note if you are helping. These are the totals you can get.


Gideon Samus Shaw can help for 1 hour:
Ariarh Kane can help for 1 hour:
Leto can help for 4 hour
Eidelion can help for 4 hour
Tassera can help for 4 hour


VonGonda wrote:

NOTE TO ALL:


To those that did not post if they where helping. If everyone post that they help we have 21 total sets of spikes. At this time we only have 11 confirmed helpers.


Smendor: (3 spikes) (Gate Work)
Drake: (4 spikes)
Oleg: (4 spikes)


Please post to note if you are helping. The are the totals you can get.


Gideon Samus Shaw can help for 1 hour:
Ariarh Kane can help for 1 hour:
Leto can help for 4 hour
Eidelion can help for 4 hour
Tassera can help for 4 hour

If everyone does their total ammount of work and support, you can get a total of 25 10 x 10 spikes built to set up. I know not all of you may want to build spikes, some may have spell books to study, others may have rest you need, or just want to stay posted on the gaurd tower.


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)
VonGonda wrote:

NOTE TO ALL:


To those that did not posts if they where helping. If everyone posts that they help we have 25 total sets of spikes. At this time we only have 11 confirmed helpers.


Smendor: (3 spikes) (Gate Work)
Drake: (4 spikes)
Oleg: (4 spikes)


Please post to note if you are helping. These are the totals you can get.


Gideon Samus Shaw can help for 1 hour:
Ariarh Kane can help for 1 hour:
Leto can help for 4 hour
Eidelion can help for 4 hour
Tassera can help for 4 hour

Ariarh offers to help with the spikes. "Just tell me what needs to be done still."


Male Dwarf Shielded Fighter

Smendor shows Ariarh what the group is doing when she rides up.

He points to the wall, "as you can see the towers are much taller than the rest of the wall. We will make these sharpened poles to complement the shorter walls. They will slow down a man on foot and I assume nearly stop those that have not got down off their horses. You should make sure you do not fall off the wall. These spikes will not be your friend if you fall on them from a height of 10 feet.

Do you have any other information about the enemy?

On that not I am going to get some sleep


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)
Smendor wrote:

Smendor shows Ariarh what the group is doing when she rides up.

He points to the wall, "as you can see the towers are much taller than the rest of the wall. We will make these sharpened poles to complement the shorter walls. They will slow down a man on foot and I assume nearly stop those that have not got down off their horses. You should make sure you do not fall off the wall. These spikes will not be your friend if you fall on them from a height of 10 feet.

Do you have any other information about the enemy?

On that not I am going to get some sleep

"Thank you for the friendly advice, Smendor. I shall be mindful upon those walls and their spikes below." Ry gave a serious nod of her head.

"We did see them guarding a barred wagon which contained a number of prisoners. But as to the exact number of prisoners, I can't say for sure or even why they have been captured. But the bandits progress seems to be hindered by its inclusion which I have to admit gives us a little more time."

"There were two riders of note, however. One was rather tall and wore a dark green cloak and conversed with a man quite richly robed and sporting the same black and red colours as the outriders."


Alaric doesn't see the need to add one more set of spikes. He goes to Oleg when he gets back and sees if he has any casks of oil or anything else flammable.


male Tiefling Gestalt staff magus/weapon adept monk 5
Dain GM wrote:
VonGonda wrote:

NOTE TO ALL:


To those that did not post if they where helping. If everyone post that they help we have 21 total sets of spikes. At this time we only have 11 confirmed helpers.


Smendor: (3 spikes) (Gate Work)
Drake: (4 spikes)
Oleg: (4 spikes)


Please post to note if you are helping. The are the totals you can get.


Gideon Samus Shaw can help for 1 hour:
Ariarh Kane can help for 1 hour:
Leto can help for 4 hour
Eidelion can help for 4 hour
Tassera can help for 4 hour

If everyone does their total ammount of work and support, you can get a total of 25 10 x 10 spikes built to set up. I know not all of you may want to build spikes, some may have spell books to study, others may have rest you need, or just want to stay posted on the gaurd tower.

After a hard ride back and after warning the others

Even covered with the dirt and sweat of the road Gideon says,
'I'll help with the spikes. Just let me stall and brush my horse quickly. I'll be back shortly and you can tell me where should I start?"


Female Elf Ranger 1/Bard 1

Hey guys, sorry I haven't been around...real life games got in the way...anyway I'll have Tessara stay on guard duty in the tower. I have to catch up on about 2 pages of stuff but once thats done I'll post again. Just wanted to jump in and say I'm here.


Male Dwarf Shielded Fighter

Is there any issue with me going with 5 X 20 on the spikes. It would have the same total square space.


male Tiefling Gestalt staff magus/weapon adept monk 5

FInally finished my Stats assignment. I'll have no school distractions between now and 9. Heading out on a few errands now. "See" everyone tonight.


Smendor wrote:
Is there any issue with me going with 5 X 20 on the spikes. It would have the same total square space.

Yes, that's fine. Place them where you want. The squares are 10x10, not 20x5 or some other configuration.

See you later tonight.


The battle was over.

The last of the Red Wyvern riders had been slaughtered, and lay dead upon the ground even at the base of the spikes near the outside of the wall. Everyone is fairly bruised and battered, each of you helping each other up and dusting off the mud and blood of the recent battle.

You are surprised and well pleased with the actions; Brett’s gunplay and blowing apart the skulls of his enemies; the Eidolon’s mighty leap from the tower into a crouch and cleaving of the two outriders; the massive force of energy that exploded from the hand of the half-orc which smashed the riders offf their very horses; the cunning fierceness of the little griffon; the swinging might of the axe of the dwarven warrior; the resolute courage of Oleg and the one called Drake; and the final mighty storm of magic that caused lightening and fire to explode in flame and a hideous effect above the very encampment even as the young sorcerer called forth what last powers he had to cause your enemies to throw themselves on the ground cowering.

Truly, a great and terrible battle.

Svetlana has come from inside the house and is tending to the wounded, even as the more hale and hardy lads are throwing aside the heavy beams that lock the gate. Ariarh and Gideon had leapt from the tall timbers of the wall and threw themselves to the ground, rushing desperately over the plains to offer their aid. For even as you were attacked by two huge foes, between them there had been duplicity in the air.

Even as the chief of the Red Wyvern forces fell to the ground, the bandits moves slowly back. They seemed to guess the guards would try to fight to the last to avenge their chief; but while those same guards fought, a clever bandit could rush back to the relatively unguarded wagon and make off with a few pieces of ill-gotten gains.

Therefore, your enemies were your saviors. For if they had moved as a unit and with strong intention, they may have overwhelmed you all; but at the death of their captain, the Red Wyvern forces moved to revenge themselves and the bandits fought with those guarding the prisoners in the wagons. The two factions, struggling for the treasure, ended up killing each other. Only one man remained, the very same “Happs Bydon”, who had rushed off finally even as Ariarh and Gideon moved to help the prisoners.

Soon the gates were opened and from them issued Brett on his mount Stybba and Drake with him. All others were wounded and being tended to by Oleg and his grateful wife, except for Smendor, who cared little for riding.

They arrived at the wagon, the six horses there, hitched to it, trembling and sweating. Inside the metal bars of the wagon was a group of people huddled; they looked sick, underfed, malnourished and stank of feces and urine. Behind them, in another smaller cart, was a covered parcel of goods and services.

Brett waved the smell from his face even as he looked at these pitiable wretches. There were seven of them still living, and one dead, a young woman of about twenty. The chief person was a man in his early twenties. There were also two boys of perhaps eight or nine, three girls in their early teens, and an older man in his late forties. The man looked up at Gideon and Ariarh, and despite his weakened condition demands that they assist his family and “his people”. Brett eyes the man, but says nothing, leaving the matter to their resident healer.

Meanwhile, the man turns from face to face, and espies Drake.

”You! I should have known! So… riding with bandits now, are you,” he growled from the gate, his face twisting in rage.

”You know this man? Brett asks.

”We’ve met,” Drake says flatly, turning away.

Brett rubs his chin with his hand, and seems to consider.

”This whole thing seems a bit awkward. Say, Drake, Gideon, why don’t you give me a hand and we’ll try to round up the wandering horses; tend to the bodies and such.” Gideon nods at this advice and helps “escort” Drake away from a badly brewing situation.

The man watches Drake ride away with a stern frown, but says nothing. The sounds of the children crying and begging for help suddenly reminds him of his duty.

”M’lady! I am Squire Mykeal Kaid; a sword scion of the House of Stetven. My thanks for your help… if it would not be too much trouble, would you mind freeing me and my people? Please, at the least would you please give us food?”he asks, trying to seem proud, but his voice cracking and weak from lack of nourishment.

Ariarh is already moving to help. Throwing back the blanket she discovers a huge chest which is locked, and several smaller sacks that are filled with dried meats and grains. A veritable feast for weary travelers. She cannot find the key, but portions out the rations through the bars and the people eat ravenously.

”Who… who was that horrible person, he spoke in a foul language and had dark and evil powers…” she muttered almost to herself.

”Does the dog still live?

”No, he was killed; my companions have ended his miserable life,”she added.

”Good riddance! I would gladly tell you more of this scum, but first I must see to it that my people are well tended to.” he adds looking at pointedly to her.

She nods.

”I cannot help you here, but let me take you back to the outpost. Perhaps they will have better means of freeing you.” she said easing herself behind the buckboard and urging the horses to a walk. At the least the people behind her were eating and she knew horses; she’d get it back to the walls safely.

Out of the corner of her eye she sees Brett and Gideon are rounding up loose horses, and Alaric has made his way with a slight limp from the roughness of the battle to personally examine the fallen captain of the Red Wyvern gang. He stoops over the body and looks over it, his eyes growing cold and flinty.

”What is it, good Alaric,” Arirarh asks nervously at his gaze.

”This! he responds with anger, tearing a metal object from the neck of the ruined body of their captain. He holds up a silver looking insect, like a scarab. ”This is the symbol of the priest of Urgathoa; a dark and terrible cult of worshipers. They spread disease and seek to expand the powers of their legions of undead. But I never heard of one traveling so openly or directly…” he mused the last, as if to himself.

”They sound horrible! And now they seem to be mixed up in our affairs, or we in theirs? What new horror is there for us from these scum?”

”That I don’t know, lady, and I would know more. This mystery vexes me much, and I find it disturbing. Perhaps the others would know… But in the least we have spilled much of their blood, and they have perished.”

”Well, not ALL have perished…one alone has lived to flee?”

”Oh?” Alaric asked, not really paying attention, looking more at the body for further clues. ”Who?

”The one they called Happs…” she added.

Alaric looked up at this news with almost as much intensity as when he found the dead priest.

”Happs? He was the chief cause of this misery… and he alone lives. Not for long though, I swear it. He will know justice?” and he slammed his hand into his open palm.

The party now has the chance to answer, or ask, some questions. Who is this mysterious sword scion? Why was he traveling with these scum? What is there connection to the man called Drake? And how much treasure/XP are we all getting? All of this to be answered with role-playing in the next day or so. Meantime, here is your Experience Points for this adventure; see next post.


Now for the good stuff...

During the first combat to defeat the three riders Gideon, Brett, Ariarh each received 135 EXP

Second Combat Brett, Alaric 135 EXP each

Social RP 260 points so far for each us for making all posts during the week.

Combat Total – 6,000 experience points

1,000 Experience for Alaric, Brett, Gideon, Smendor, and Tessera.

The final 1,000 is divided between Ariarh (70%) –700 experience points, Leto (20%) 200 experience points and Drake and Oleg (5% each) one hundred experience points each.

The final showing of experience should equal:

Alaric: 1,395
Ariarh: 1,095
Brett: 1,430
Gideon: 1,395
Leto: 460
Smendor: 1,260
Tessera: 1,260

For those of you who did not raise level; never fear. Each post gains you 5% experience points per post. Which means for those of you on level one, you will gain 65 experience points a post for each post you make (up to four) this week. You need 1,300 experience to reach level two. If you still can’t make it, that’s okay. There are plenty of random encounters out there for you to get into trouble with.

Random Treasure:

You have found 28 riding horses, and you have found also 6 heavy horse hitched to a wagon. The collected wealth you have discovered on the body includes the following

30 long bows
450 unspent arrows
20 scimitars
10 short swords
A silver religious symbol (value unknown, though a Appraise check may reveal it).
8 suits of Leather armor, damaged
20 suits of Studded leather armor, damaged
5 large tents (each tent can hold four men)
20 bed rolls
1 Huge tent (can also hold four men, but is made to look comfortable, as if made for just one man.
Silver Idol in the shape of a scarab (value unknown, appraise check can discover).
Heavy cushions and pillows for ornate bed.
4 lanterns
12 flasks of oil
20 suits of cold weather clothes
2 suits of fine clothes, one cold weather, the other noble courtier material (fine clothing, appraisal roll)
1 Masterwork Breastplate
1 Mace, with a faint magical aura (detect magic anyone?)
loose change on bodies – 250 GP (100 on boss, 5 GP on each of his flunkies, and roughly fifty GP between the 8 bandits)

Behind the wagon is a chest with rations for thirty people for about three weeks; mostly grains and storage stuff
2 healing potions are found, and 2 healers kits.
A locked chest reveals inside 5,000 GP which the Sword Scion insists belongs to his people in the north, though promises a reward if you help return it to his family.
A letter addressed to one “Larz Ozkav”, and with a symbol from a royal house (Knowledge: Nobility to guess it). There is a long letter, but it seemed to be confused.
Value of each of the people as slaves (if you’re so inclined) adults 20 GP, children 10 GP.

Other then the chest, there is not much gold out there. You’re welcome to your cut of the loot on the fallen riders (and the loot that comes from selling their goods), but this Mykeal fellow is insisting on the 5,000 GP returns to his people. Though he’s not in a mood to “insist” anything, he will do his best to reclaim it. He seems to know all about the treasure, and more news besides.

This does beg the question, what do you do with all these things and people?


male Tiefling Gestalt staff magus/weapon adept monk 5

Speaking to Mykeal, the freed slave leader,
my companions may or may not be present. They can determine that themselves
"You are the one called Mykeal, correct? I am curious as to what you will do now that you and your people are no longer slaves? My companions and I will render assistance if possible."

Later...
Gideon looks over the loot with a very concentrated stare (Detect magic).
Gideon points at the mace of excellent quality and says,
"That mace there. It radiates magic. Let me see it for a moment and I will attempt to determine it's function."
Spellcraft with detect magic 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
That will determine all functions up to a caster level of 12

Later Still...
Speaking to the others away from the freed slaves,
"I recommend we keep the huge tent. It could be useful later. Assuming his word is genuine the gold in the chest are not our spoils of war. However the horses alone are quite valuable if we can find a buyer. If Oleg want's a few I say we give them to him as compensation for all his trouble. Past that It would be a worthwhile endeavor to sell them and the rest of the bandits gear of course."
PHB Value=Heavy horses 200, Light 75
If no one has any objections Gideon will take the following for his personal use;
1 Cold weather outfit
1 of the large tents
1 bedroll
2 flasks of oil
1 healing potion (cure Lt wounds I assume?)


male Tiefling Gestalt staff magus/weapon adept monk 5

roll for second level hp 1d8 ⇒ 5


Female Elf Ranger 1/Bard 1

After the battle and being healed Tessara wanders off to be by her self for a little bit. She is not happy about how easily she was rendered useless. I've been on the battlefield longer than most of these men have been alive, yet I was the first one down. This will not do...this will not happen again. As her mind continues to spin she reaches into her pack and pulls out the warn letter that she keeps with her and starts reading over it once again. After about half an hour she puts the note away and raises. While I don't feel much like being around the others, I would suspect they need my help and one never knows how quickly they will punish me if I don't give it. As the treasure is gathered together she looks at the silver religious symbol and tries to figure out its value.

As the slaves are brought in by Ry she looks to the leader. Why have you been taken prisoner? I'm pretty sure since we were dealing with the likes of bandits it wasn't for anything actually punishable but I want to make sure before we set you free.

Appraise Check:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
If the party doesn't mind Tessara is going to take the masterwork breastplate, 35 gold(her share of the 250), and would like to keep one of the horses as she doesn't have one yet. And I'm sort of hesitant about taking the breastplate because of the -4 armor check penalty and -10 movement speed...but the +3 AC is nice.


Male Dwarf Shielded Fighter

So can I just say I level up with this post than?

Speaking to Mykeal, and making sure he has truth in his words about this money. I will not toss the Since Motive unless you ask me to.

My name is Smendor Iron-Face merchant of all great things, and it is very nice to see there are more than mud, grass, and bandits outside the walls. Mykeal with winter, not but a few weeks into the future it would be very unwise to go back out into the surrounding area to start a life. Also walking right back into the wilderness without seemly much of any military support, or a good stock of food seems to be a hopeless adventure. I would recommend you speak with Oleg to secure safe lodging if not until spring than just until you and yours have their strength back. Smendor will shake his hand and welcome him to the camp fire.

Smendor is thinking about the best way to sell such a large number of items.
Speaking with Gideon and any others that area in that about the loot.

If you can give me a little time to look over my books I should have a chance to get top value out of these items. O yes, if my knowledge is not failing me I have not really formal introduced myself. I am Smendor Iron-Face buy, seller, trader, and protector of what I am buy and selling. I assume due to the fact he is a merchant he will know how to trade off such a large amount of items. I can tos a merchant check if you want.

Silver Idol in the shape of a scarab (value unknown, appraise check can discover).
Appraise check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14 That is the Garess +2 and normal dwarf +2 for Greed.

A silver religious symbol (value unknown, though a Appraise check may reveal it).
Appraise check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23 That is the Garess +2 and normal dwarf +2 for Greed.

If no one objects to me taking a few of those items I think I really need one of those horses and

1 long bows
50 unspent arrows
1 suits of cold weather clothes (the best one he can find)
1 healer’s kits
35 Gold

And Smendor will make a special note about the masterwork breastplate. This needs to go to the person that needs it most, and from the locks of most of your armor you all seem to need something better.

I assume Drake was given his horse and he has left right.


male Tiefling Gestalt staff magus/weapon adept monk 5

Gideon also takes his share of the gold. 35 in this case.
Edit: updated my character sheet.


Appraise on Scarab1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23, appraise on Idol 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


Alaric looks upon the scene of all of this going on with a bemused smile on his face. Not so long ago we were at each others throats and now look, working together and having defeated a superior enemy. Alaric watches for a few minutes to see what everyone is doing and then speaks to the prisoners.

Welcome to all of you! It gladdens me to see that some good came out of the carnage today. I am sure that Oleg and Svetlana, the owners of this facility will be more than happy to have you here for as long as you desire. We are attempting to rid the area of the scourge of these bandits and you have my word that we will not rest until they are driven out and good people like yourselves can live out your lives in peace and prosperity! I, Alaric Winter, and my companions will see this done! Any who wish to remain here will find that there is safety in numbers. Before we go and sell these weapons and equipment, we will give any who wish to fight for their lives and lands against these bandits the opportunity to do so, and perhaps in so doing you will be able to help us build a better future here in these lands for our children and grandchildren to come!

Alaric will give a bow and move among the people, stopping here and there to listen to any concerns people may have or problems that need solving. He will fix any that he can fix immediately and those that he can't he will sincerely state that he will attempt to find someone that can fix it.

I am attempting to get them to want to stay with us and perhaps help defend themselves and the outpost. If they wish to move on that's fine but I will try and impress upon them the opportunities here. If you need me to I can make a diplomacy check but I wont do that until you tell me.


Male Dwarf Shielded Fighter
Alaric Winter wrote:

Alaric looks upon the scene of all of this going on with a bemused smile on his face. Not so long ago we were at each others throats and now look, working together and having defeated a superior enemy. Alaric watches for a few minutes to see what everyone is doing and then speaks to the prisoners.

Welcome to all of you! It gladdens me to see that some good came out of the carnage today. I am sure that Oleg and Svetlana, the owners of this facility will be more than happy to have you here for as long as you desire. We are attempting to rid the area of the scourge of these bandits and you have my word that we will not rest until they are driven out and good people like yourselves can live out your lives in peace and prosperity! I, Alaric Winter, and my companions will see this done! Any who wish to remain here will find that there is safety in numbers. Before we go and sell these weapons and equipment, we will give any who wish to fight for their lives and lands against these bandits the opportunity to do so, and perhaps in so doing you will be able to help us build a better future here in these lands for our children and grandchildren to come!

Alaric will give a bow and move among the people, stopping here and there to listen to any concerns people may have or problems that need solving. He will fix any that he can fix immediately and those that he can't he will sincerely state that he will attempt to find someone that can fix it.

I am attempting to get them to want to stay with us and perhaps help defend themselves and the outpost. If they wish to move on that's fine but I will try and impress upon them the opportunities here. If you need me to I can make a diplomacy check but I wont do that until you tell me.

Smendor is more or less doing the same thing as Alaric is, but with a little darker spin on it. Smendor is telling them you should stay here due to the fact you will die if you leave.


male Tiefling Gestalt staff magus/weapon adept monk 5
Alaric Winter wrote:

Alaric looks upon the scene of all of this going on with a bemused smile on his face. Not so long ago we were at each others throats and now look, working together and having defeated a superior enemy. Alaric watches for a few minutes to see what everyone is doing and then speaks to the prisoners.

Welcome to all of you! It gladdens me to see that some good came out of the carnage today. I am sure that Oleg and Svetlana, the owners of this facility will be more than happy to have you here for as long as you desire. We are attempting to rid the area of the scourge of these bandits and you have my word that we will not rest until they are driven out and good people like yourselves can live out your lives in peace and prosperity! I, Alaric Winter, and my companions will see this done! Any who wish to remain here will find that there is safety in numbers. Before we go and sell these weapons and equipment, we will give any who wish to fight for their lives and lands against these bandits the opportunity to do so, and perhaps in so doing you will be able to help us build a better future here in these lands for our children and grandchildren to come!

Alaric will give a bow and move among the people, stopping here and there to listen to any concerns people may have or problems that need solving. He will fix any that he can fix immediately and those that he can't he will sincerely state that he will attempt to find someone that can fix it.

I am attempting to get them to want to stay with us and perhaps help defend themselves and the outpost. If they wish to move on that's fine but I will try and impress upon them the opportunities here. If you need me to I can make a diplomacy check but I wont do that until you tell me.

Upon hearing the rousing speech Gideon is reminded of part an old story he once heard and thinks to himself,

The once and future king


Male Dwarf Shielded Fighter

Smendor is watching how things are unfolding. We are going to make that man go crazy. I wonder if every last one of use has told him something different about who we even are?

When Smendor has a second with everyone together, “ We need to make sure we speak in a unified front. Right now it seems like there are 5 different people telling everyone different things, and if the past few hours are any description of how each of use work we are going to start contradicting each other. We need to have a real meeting to identify how things are going to work around here.


male Tiefling Gestalt staff magus/weapon adept monk 5
Smendor wrote:

Smendor is watching how things are unfolding. We are going to make that man go crazy. I wonder if every last one of use has told him something different about who we even are?

When Smendor has a second with everyone together, “ We need to make sure we speak in a unified front. Right now it seems like there are 5 different people telling everyone different things, and if the past few hours are any description of how each of use work we are going to start contradicting each other. We need to have a real meeting to identify how things are going to work around here.

Gideon responds,

"I agree. If we're going to work as a group we should assign scopes of responsibility based on ones strengths. Smendor for example, is a master merchant and I have been trained as an excellent scout and maneuverable fighter."


Male Dwarf Shielded Fighter

Right back to Gideon,"and before ya go off speaking for anything we should run stuff past each other so we do not ruffle anyone feathers. I am just not a big fan of surprises.


male Tiefling Gestalt staff magus/weapon adept monk 5
Smendor wrote:
Right back to Gideon,"and before ya go off speaking for anything we should run stuff past each other so we do not ruffle anyone feathers. I am just not a big fan of surprises.

@Smendor, I'm a fan of structure.


While I understand your concern Smendor, there may not always be time to check with everyone before something is said or a deal is struck. I know that you do not trust me, a trait we share and I mean no offense when I say that but it's true, but I was born into a noble household. I know how to speak to people and sway them to my way of thinking. I am a spell caster of some small talent. Alaric says with a self-deprecating grin. I can send my enemies to sleep, blind them, create illusions such as the one you saw before and more. Now, I don't want to...what did you call it earlier...sound like a bunch of snake oil but I do have talents that some of you do not, just as you have some that I do not. Now what sort of structure did you have in mind?


male Tiefling Gestalt staff magus/weapon adept monk 5
Alaric Winter wrote:
While I understand your concern Smendor, there may not always be time to check with everyone before something is said or a deal is struck. I know that you do not trust me, a trait we share and I mean no offense when I say that but it's true, but I was born into a noble household. I know how to speak to people and sway them to my way of thinking. I am a spell caster of some small talent. Alaric says with a self-deprecating grin. I can send my enemies to sleep, blind them, create illusions such as the one you saw before and more. Now, I don't want to...what did you call it earlier...sound like a bunch of snake oil but I do have talents that some of you do not, just as you have some that I do not. Now what sort of structure did you have in mind?

Gideon replies to this,

"You are correct that we cannot solve all issues by popular vote. However you reaffirmed the need for assigned duties. By your own admission you would be a far superior choice when dealing with nobility or governmental bureaucracy than I, for example. However, I suspect I'd be much better at incapacitating an enemy spell caster than you, for example. The point is that we need to coordinate in some way. How exactly has yet to be determined. "


Male Dwarf Shielded Fighter

Speaking to Alaric in a calm voice," I know your kind, and I was meaning to say," speaking a little slower now, " Do not make pivotal decisions without speaking with the others. Now if you want to go raise your dress in the bushes than there is no need to ask.

Just as a side note Smendor went to prep school / university in the town of SilverHall. That is part of House Lebeda. The academy is a very prestigious school for the study of business. While at that school he got into a lot of fights with the exact type of person Alaric seems to be playing. Smendor is of House Garess not born into it, but he has connections to the family which allow him to clam a small amount of power. He also has their seal on his clothing, so some of the stuff Alaric just said was abrasive. Alaric keeps thinking he is special, and that bugs the ever living crap out of Smendor.

If I am wrong about Alaric than please tell me. I see him as a clean out noble with a large dose (me) worship.

I added the history for the school he went to. It really is not done, but that is the start.

I am just playing the character the way it was created so please do not think I am looking for drama for OOC reasons.


male Tiefling Gestalt staff magus/weapon adept monk 5
Smendor wrote:

Speaking to Alaric in a calm voice," I know your kind, and I was meaning to say," speaking a little slower now, " Do not make pivotal decisions without speaking with the others. Now if you want to go raise your dress in the bushes than there is no need to ask.

Just as a side note Smendor went to prep school / university in the town of SilverHall. That is part of House Lebeda. The academy is a very prestigious school for the study of business. While at that school he got into a lot of fights with the exact type of person Alaric seems to be playing. Smendor is of House Garess not born into it, but he has connections to the family which allow him to clam a small amount of power. He also has their seal on his clothing, so some of the stuff Alaric just said was abrasive. Alaric keeps thinking he is special, and that bugs the ever living crap out of Smendor.

If I am wrong about Alaric than please tell me. I see him as a clean out noble with a large dose (me) worship.

I added the history for the school he went to. It really is not done, but that is the start.

I am just playing the character the way it was created so please do not think I am looking for drama for OOC reasons.

I have a fun idea for diffusing character conflict if it comes to that. FYI


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)

Ariarh watched the scene and conversations before her. She was grateful to Oleg for helping her pry the lock open to free the prisoners from the barred wagon. But she was wondering to herself why her companions were not extending these people the hospitality of a wash and rest first. Ry believed by allowing them to clean up and recuperate, they, especially their leader Mykeal Kaid, would be more open to discourse and planning.

Turning to her companions, she says,

"Gentleman, perhaps we should allow our "guests" a chance to refresh and rest before we start with the questions. Some of them are in need of healing, as well."

Ry understood the desire for discussion at this point but these people were on the verge of collapse and that was something she couldn't dismiss.


male Tiefling Gestalt staff magus/weapon adept monk 5
Ariarh Kane wrote:

Ariarh watched the scene and conversations before her. She was grateful to Oleg for helping her pry the lock open to free the prisoners from the barred wagon. But she was wondering to herself why her companions were not extending these people the hospitality of a wash and rest first. Ry believed by allowing them to clean up and recuperate, they, especially their leader Mykeal Kaid, would be more open to discourse and planning.

Turning to her companions, she says,

"Gentleman, perhaps we should allow our "guests" a chance to refresh and rest before we start with the questions. Some of them are in need of healing, as well."

Ry understood the desire for discussion at this point but these people were on the verge of collapse and that was something she couldn't dismiss.

Gideon replies,

"Wise Council, Milady. Could you show them to a place they might rest and recuperate. Also as our resident healer could you see to their wounds please?
Gideon side steps and holds out his arm to indicate that they should walk toward Oleg's.


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)
Gideon Samus Shaw wrote:
Ariarh Kane wrote:

Ariarh watched the scene and conversations before her. She was grateful to Oleg for helping her pry the lock open to free the prisoners from the barred wagon. But she was wondering to herself why her companions were not extending these people the hospitality of a wash and rest first. Ry believed by allowing them to clean up and recuperate, they, especially their leader Mykeal Kaid, would be more open to discourse and planning.

Turning to her companions, she says,

"Gentleman, perhaps we should allow our "guests" a chance to refresh and rest before we start with the questions. Some of them are in need of healing, as well."

Ry understood the desire for discussion at this point but these people were on the verge of collapse and that was something she couldn't dismiss.

Gideon replies,

"Wise Council, Milady. Could you show them to a place they might rest and recuperate. Also as our resident healer could you see to their wounds please?
Gideon side steps and holds out his arm to indicate that they should walk toward Oleg's.

She rewarded Gideon with a warm, somewhat tired smile. "Thank you, Gideon. I shall find Oleg and Svetlana forthwith and see to the needs of each person."

Turning to Squire Mykeal Kaid, "If you would be so kind as to follow me, I will see to you and your people's comfort." There was no harm in starting things off in a conciliatory fashion, she had learned in her young life.


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)
Gideon Samus Shaw wrote:
Smendor wrote:

Speaking to Alaric in a calm voice," I know your kind, and I was meaning to say," speaking a little slower now, " Do not make pivotal decisions without speaking with the others. Now if you want to go raise your dress in the bushes than there is no need to ask.

Just as a side note Smendor went to prep school / university in the town of SilverHall. That is part of House Lebeda. The academy is a very prestigious school for the study of business. While at that school he got into a lot of fights with the exact type of person Alaric seems to be playing. Smendor is of House Garess not born into it, but he has connections to the family which allow him to clam a small amount of power. He also has their seal on his clothing, so some of the stuff Alaric just said was abrasive. Alaric keeps thinking he is special, and that bugs the ever living crap out of Smendor.

If I am wrong about Alaric than please tell me. I see him as a clean out noble with a large dose (me) worship.

I added the history for the school he went to. It really is not done, but that is the start.

I am just playing the character the way it was created so please do not think I am looking for drama for OOC reasons.

I have a fun idea for diffusing character conflict if it comes to that. FYI

I'd be interested in hearing those ideas as ooc commentary.


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)

"Rest, my little friend", she says to Dior. "You fought magnificently today and deserve some rest. I'll be okay with these folk." Ariarh watched as her griffon looked around at the wounded people as if looking for signs of danger, and satisfied none existed at present lifted his wing over his head. Ry smiled at her protector/companion. This little one she trusted.

As Ariarh works on healing the children's wounds first, she can't help thinking that it would be nice if she could be allowed possession of the bottle of healing potion and the healer's kit (she overheard Gideon asking for a set of each earlier in the conversation) that still remained unclaimed by her companions.

Plus, it wouldn't hurt none too much, if she asked for one of the scimitars and the cold weather gear. Both would also come in handy. She would make mention of these once she was back with her companions and they talked things out. Some air needed to be cleared. Men.

But, Ry turned her thoughts back to her healing work. She smiled at the boy beside her, reassuring him not only with her nurturing touch but with her undivided attention and compassion. She begins softly humming a lullaby her mother sang to her as child.


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)

Ry remembers the poor dead girl from the wagon. She's contrite for not remembering earlier but she had a lot of her mind and was tired to boot.

"Good Oleg, can you please find the rest of my companions and ask one of them if they would be so kind as to see the burial of that unfortunate soul in the wagon?" It's a young woman." She made note to ask Mykeal the name of the woman once he was rested.


male Tiefling Gestalt staff magus/weapon adept monk 5
Ariarh Kane wrote:
I'd be interested in hearing those ideas as ooc commentary.

As it may still come into play i'm going to save it.

401 to 450 of 10,645 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dain's King Maker Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.