Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Dain's King Maker Chronicles

Game Master dain120475

Introduction

This is the Kingmaker Campaign, yet it is filled with many deviations from the boxed set. The "Campaign Information" page is meant as a quick resource to help sum up the thousands of posts quickly.


351 to 400 of 10,695 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)
Alaric Winter wrote:

ooc]I am fine with the retcon to right before the boy died, first post responding remains, second post is retconned.[/ooc]

"Do what you wish boy. I told you the truth. I have not a care whether you believe me or not. I have been watching ALL of you since I arrived and will continue to do so. We have no friends here. We have only just met and I would fully expect a bit of distrust. This has complicated things but that should not distract us from our goal, which is to rid the area of the bandit threat and explore this area for possible settlement. I am done with discussing this. As for him,I point to the boy. I hope you would have the same fire and passion if one of us was wronged. Now if we are quite done. I need a drink. Alaric looks at each of them in turn waiting to see if anyone has anything else to say. He is just as pissed off as they are and is not in a mood to be lectured further.

Ariarh watches a little aback from the others. She moves to take a closer look at the ring among the flames. It doesn't seem to be effected by the heat and looks intact. She wonders if Alaric had seen this or if he had been too busy dealing with the anger of the others. Dior now returned to her shoulder stares silently ahead. Ariarh scratches his neck absentmindedly, in thanks for his actions and his support moments before.

Ariarh walks over to Alaric and quietly says, "I believe you or I would like to believe you. You are right, we are complete strangers and trust needs to be earned and maintained. By the way, that ring of yours, the flame doesn't seem to be destroying it ...." She gestures with her head toward the pit.


Gideon Samus Shaw wrote:

Gideon will go with Brett to scout.

Said just before Brett leaves,

"I would join you if you'll have me. I have a keen set of eyes and my own horse. Further I wish to be no party to whatever is transpiring here. "

"You've shown yourself to be a trusty companion... and a good ally. I'd be happy to see you ride with me again." Brett says with a quick nod and wait for him to gather his horse and what gear he wants to bring.

"Anyone else?I ask pointedly to the others? I'm hoping that by seperating the hostile people things can calm down a little. If no one else is interested in riding with us, we'll push on alone.

"Like I said, when we come back, expect the bandits on our heals, no more then 20 minutes behind. When we come back, we won't have time for much preparation."


Gideon Samus Shaw wrote:

Gideon will go with Brett to scout.

Said just before Brett leaves,

"I would join you if you'll have me. I have a keen set of eyes and my own horse. Further I wish to be no party to whatever is transpiring here. "

Brett waits patiently outside the door, and watches the others inside, hearing Gideon's offer.

"You've shown yourself to be a good and sober companion. I'd be well plesaed for you to come with us, as would I have others," I said looking for a moment at the others in the encampment and waiting for Gideon to saddle and gear his mount.

"As I said before, when we come riding back, expect bandits behind us hot. Once we get inside the gates, they should be no farther then twenty mintues behind, so when you see us, whatever final preperation you'll need to make, you won't have much time."I add with a weary sigh.

I had hoped that checking the bandits personally, and maybe picking off a few on the fly in a surprise would be a usefull tactic to confuse them, and chances were that they would not expect it.

"So... is there anyone else comming?"I ask to the group.

If anyone has anything to do at the camp, be it social RP or prepare pit traps, let me know


Seeing that the ring is not burning alaric will pull the ring out of the fire with mage hand or if that doesn't work with some tongs. He will then see if oleg has a well and if not he will begin digging a very deep hole to put the ring in. If he has a well he will tie the ring to a brick or rock and toss it in.


male Tiefling Gestalt staff magus/weapon adept monk 5
Alaric Winter wrote:
Seeing that the ring is not burning alaric will pull the ring out of the fire with mage hand or if that doesn't work with some tongs. He will then see if oleg has a well and if not he will begin digging a very deep hole to put the ring in. If he has a well he will tie the ring to a brick or rock and toss it in.

Magehand only affects non magical items. However you could Magehand a stick/ember/small log/the tongs and use that as a tool to get it out. It's semantics in this case, but that's how the spell is worded.

Gideon quickly prepares his horse and with only a staff as his weapon pulls alongside Brett. The two nod as a silent agreement of camaraderie passes between them.


Alaric Winter wrote:
Seeing that the ring is not burning alaric will pull the ring out of the fire with mage hand or if that doesn't work with some tongs. He will then see if oleg has a well and if not he will begin digging a very deep hole to put the ring in. If he has a well he will tie the ring to a brick or rock and toss it in.

Though not pictured, there is a well for Oleg's place not far from his main house, in the far northeast corner of the inside of the wall. While you can throw the ring there, you can also bury it... I take it no one is interested in burrying the corpse of the bloody, beheaded body?

The ring flies out of the fire and dances right to whereever Alaric indicates it.

Is there anyone riding out with Brett and Gideon?


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)
Dain GM wrote:
Alaric Winter wrote:
Seeing that the ring is not burning alaric will pull the ring out of the fire with mage hand or if that doesn't work with some tongs. He will then see if oleg has a well and if not he will begin digging a very deep hole to put the ring in. If he has a well he will tie the ring to a brick or rock and toss it in.

Though not pictured, there is a well for Oleg's place not far from his main house, in the far northeast corner of the inside of the wall. While you can throw the ring there, you can also bury it... I take it no one is interested in burrying the corpse of the bloody, beheaded body?

The ring flies out of the fire and dances right to whereever Alaric indicates it.

Is there anyone riding out with Brett and Gideon?

Going back in the story like that confused me and I forgot (didn't realise) we still had a dead young bandit to contend with.


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)
Brett Rowan wrote:
Gideon Samus Shaw wrote:

Gideon will go with Brett to scout.

Said just before Brett leaves,

"I would join you if you'll have me. I have a keen set of eyes and my own horse. Further I wish to be no party to whatever is transpiring here. "

Brett waits patiently outside the door, and watches the others inside, hearing Gideon's offer.

"You've shown yourself to be a good and sober companion. I'd be well plesaed for you to come with us, as would I have others," I said looking for a moment at the others in the encampment and waiting for Gideon to saddle and gear his mount.

"As I said before, when we come riding back, expect bandits behind us hot. Once we get inside the gates, they should be no farther then twenty mintues behind, so when you see us, whatever final preperation you'll need to make, you won't have much time."I add with a weary sigh.

I had hoped that checking the bandits personally, and maybe picking off a few on the fly in a surprise would be a usefull tactic to confuse them, and chances were that they would not expect it.

"So... is there anyone else comming?"I ask to the group.

If anyone has anything to do at the camp, be it social RP or prepare pit traps, let me know

"I will ride out with you and Gideon, if that is acceptable."


male Tiefling Gestalt staff magus/weapon adept monk 5
Ariarh Kane wrote:
"I will ride out with you and Gideon, if that is acceptable."

Gideon says,

"Brett leads this errand, but I have no objection. Extra eyes and proverbial sword arms are always helpful."


As an aside, guys, I hope I didn't come down to hard on you all. I should have been more observant and mentioned things earlier, and I didn't. In any case, it's still a learning experience, and I hope everyone is still having a good time.

Alaric wishes to go on the scouting as well, but has a sick baby to look after for now (I should add that is in real life, not game time), and will be on later. In the meanwhile, does anyone else wish to journey out?

Saying no word the one called Drake grabs the body of the lad, and the head, and drags him ouside to where his companion is burried, and begins to dig a hole. Then he burries the lad.

If anyone is out there, they may here him say a few words as benidiction. He comes back inisde the walls when it is done, then grabs a mop and bucket and starts to clean the gore from the fallen body.

He says nothing if not spoken to, and gives a wide berth to the Summoner and the one who killed his companion.

Oleg tends the fire for a while, then goes back inside the house to do "business". He is much less enthusiastic about this turn of events then before.


After taking care of the ring, Alaric will state that he is going to scout as he needs to get away from the ring. He will quickly get his things together and jump on Arvakur. As he heads outside the wall, Alaric will silently pray for his soul to reach Pharasma for judgement.


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)

With the griffon on her shoulder, Ariarh prepares her things and mounts her horse Tal and heads outside the wall to join the others. She is still concerned with the mood of her companions.


Male Dwarf Shielded Fighter

Smendor will not be getting on a horse due to the fact he does not have one.


Smendor wrote:
Smendor will not be getting on a horse due to the fact he does not have one.

Smendor, I presume that means you will not be riding. Are you then going to stay and continue preperations on working with the fort, or are you planning on jogging after us? Also, mind your armor if you do come; you still aren't wearing it.

Those of you who are going then turn and tack horses in a generaly south western direction (though you may also have Smendor comming too, I am not entirely sure at his plans, yet).

Brett and Ariarh are leading you the way to the bandit scouts camp, where you found them the night before. From there, the plan is to tack course in a south westerly direction of about two miles, then make wide track in a semi-circle pattern about thre miles from west to east. Then head down a mile or so, then tack coure back east to west, in slowly expanding semi-circles until you find the bandits.

Back at the camp...

Without any other suggestions, Leto and Tessara are currently working with Oleg and the Eiedelon to get things ready. Drake is helping, and seems to be a surprisingly admirable job.

Right now the plan is to make a sort of cross hatching of wooden stakes. They will be cut sharp at a 45 degree angle, poking out of the ground. Each "patch" will be a ten by ten grid. Each player who participates can make one 10 by 10 patch of wooden stakes per hour.

For sure we have Oleg, Eidelon and Drake doing this. Leto and Tess (and Smendor, depending... I am still unclear) will have to say what they do. Depending on how much time goes you can place the stakes around the fort at intervals. A good strategist will place them in such a way that any riders will be forced to have to move "around" the stakes. This will cut down movement speed, and can generally prevent "charge attacks" and other things if the players do this right.

For now, though you can do 3 10 x 10 grids an hour. More can be done, depending on who helps.


Male Dwarf Shielded Fighter

He cannot go fast enough so he will not be going.


The sky is still fairly overcast as you reach the former campsite. The remains of the fire pit is still evident, and at the bottom of the hill you see a large herd of elk grazing and drinking from the waters, streams and marshes.

There is a cold wind in the air, and you shudder for a momet beneath your cloaks. Brett scans the horizon for a moment with his spyglass, frowns, then puts it aside. He rubs his thumbnail over his teeth for a moment, as if considering, then slides something into his mouth which he chews on stoicly, his eyes flat, regarding the terrain.

You presume it to be tobacco, but he offers it around to any who would have it. Not being one who chews tobacco may dissuade you, at which point he gives you a impatient frown.

"Nay, it ain't leaf; I got that for my pipe. It's mint, AND other stuff; have a piece," he adds. The shredded leaves ARE mint, and something else crumbled, you can't be sure, but it tastes like vanilla root. You feel very refreshed if you chew on it.

"Chew slowly.... that's the good stuff," he adds, obviosly relishing it.

He hops off his pony and leads it gently down the crest of the hill, so that it doesn't fall and break a leg. Even at this time of the day, the hill is still fairly slick and the grass is slippery.

Reflex save to get down the hill. For those of you still riding, you will need a ride trick, a bit more tricky

Brett's reflex save (it's fairly easy).

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Once he gets down he mounts up again, and turns to Alaric, looking him over for a bit.

"We're at least a few miles out, I'd reckon... but keep your eyes open," he adds. Something is clearly on his mind, and keeps throwing more looks at Alaric, before offering his opions.

"You got a fine way with horses, and don't SEEM like a bastard... So... What was all that back there; with making folk bleed from their eyeballs and such, if I understand what happened right. You don't strike me as the type as all that, which would hurt for fun."


Male Dwarf Shielded Fighter

Has Smendor completed the work on the gate. He was adding the large timbers so the door could be more or less locked from the inside with the two (L) shaped hooks.


Dain GM wrote:

The sky is still fairly overcast as you reach the former campsite. The remains of the fire pit is still evident, and at the bottom of the hill you see a large herd of elk grazing and drinking from the waters, streams and marshes...


DELIGHTFUL!

You know, for the record, the dice thing on this board sucks! I have rolled more Natural Ones on my week on Paizo then in the past three years of gaming. But I digress...

Brett AND his horse each take 1d6 real damage due to the fall down the grass... Grr.. Maybe I should have kept my eyes on the grass, not Alaric. I am going to try to roll Reflex saves for half damage. Oh well, at least the fall was somewhat less distubring with the taste of mint and vanilla in my mouth.

Brett Rolls reflex save for half damage

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

damage against Brett

1d6 ⇒ 2

Stybba (the Pony) rolls reflex save for half damage

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

damage against Stybba

1d6 ⇒ 2


Smendor wrote:
Has Smendor completed the work on the gate. He was adding the large timbers so the door could be more or less locked from the inside with the two (L) shaped hooks.

Well, it depends.

Constructing a complex lock would take time, and effort. Constructing large bracers that can be dropped down against a well placed flagg stone opposite of the gate, and at a 45 degree angle so it presses INTO the gate (effectively locking it), would not only be better at bracing it, but be much faster. You can find some logs, and flagstones to make that bracing structure in about an hour.

As for making special locks for the gate, that hold the wagon in place? That would take a lot longer. You would need a Craft: carpentry, locks, or stonemasonry (depending on what you build the lock out of). But it will be more then a DC of 10.

Are you then staying at the fort? Sorry for the question, but I want to make sure I have the details right this time :)


Male Dwarf Shielded Fighter

Smendor is going to stay at the fort. A horse goes 50feet while a dwarf even jogging will only get 40 feet, so at the net loose of 10feet every 6 seconds and the need for a fort save to keep going that fast it would be a bad move.


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)

Ry wasn't one for chewing so she politely refused Brett's offer with a small smile and a shake of her head.

The hill did appear slippery, so she hopped off Tal and led him cautiously down. There is no need to risk injury to her horse or herself, especially this early on.

Ry's Reflex save for downhill: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Tal's Reflex Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23


Male Dwarf Shielded Fighter

Smendor is working on the gate he will construct the fasted and most effective brace that can be dropped into place after the men come back.

I assume that will be the brace you just described.

He than has plans to move the wagon into place after the scout group gets back inside the gate.

If you could just tell me if the gate work is done than I will post what he is doing next.


Smendor wrote:

Smendor is working on the gate he will construct the fasted and most effective brace that can be dropped into place after the men come back.

I assume that will be the brace you just described.

He than has plans to move the wagon into place after the scout group gets back inside the gate.

If you could just tell me if the gate work is done than I will post what he is doing next.

Your gate work will, as stated, take one hour. In the meantime, the one called Drake watches you work with some interest, but says nothing, except to pause to drink a long draught of cold water from the well.

Svetlana has seemd to warm up to his enthusiasm, though Oleg still is cold to him.


Ariarh Kane wrote:

Ry wasn't one for chewing so she politely refused Brett's offer with a small smile and a shake of her head.

The hill did appear slippery, so she hopped off Tal and led him cautiously down. There is no need to risk injury to her horse or herself, especially this early on.

Ry's Reflex save for downhill: 1d20+2
Tal's Reflex Save: 1d20+6

You get down the hill fairly easily, with no worries, except to watch Brett and his pony go sliding down the hill. They seem a little banged up, but not to serious. Brett looks at you all with a sheepish look, then back to Alaric, waiting for his response.


Male Dwarf Shielded Fighter

Drake do you know where the boy Tom was from.


Reflex save while leading the horse down the hill.1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13


Male Dwarf Shielded Fighter

The information you gave last time Timmothy Nailer, son of Svyen and Korwyn Nailer


Dain GM wrote:


"You got a fine way with horses, and don't SEEM like a bastard... So... What was all that back there; with making folk bleed from their eyeballs and such, if I understand what happened right. You don't strike me as the type as all that, which would hurt for...

Well I am a bastard, just not in the sense that you mean. As I said before, that was not me. I sensed the boy wasn't telling the whole truth and I tried to scare it out of him. I didn't lie about the ring taking over and doing that horrible thing to him. I had heard a voice since putting it on whispering things to me but I thought I could control it. Obviously I was wrong.


Alaric Winter wrote:
Reflex save while leading the horse down the hill.1d20+2

"You seem quite, lad... sorry for pressing the issue, but it was on my mind. But if you don't want to talk about it..."he adds to Alaric as he shakes of a bit of a limp.


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)
Dain GM wrote:
Ariarh Kane wrote:

Ry wasn't one for chewing so she politely refused Brett's offer with a small smile and a shake of her head.

The hill did appear slippery, so she hopped off Tal and led him cautiously down. There is no need to risk injury to her horse or herself, especially this early on.

Ry's Reflex save for downhill: 1d20+2
Tal's Reflex Save: 1d20+6

You get down the hill fairly easily, with no worries, except to watch Brett and his pony go sliding down the hill. They seem a little banged up, but not to serious. Brett looks at you all with a sheepish look, then back to Alaric, waiting for his response.

Before jumping back onto her horse, Ariarh asks, "Brett, are you and the pony okay?"


Dain GM wrote:
Alaric Winter wrote:
Reflex save while leading the horse down the hill.1d20+2
"You seem quite, lad... sorry for pressing the issue, but it was on my mind. But if you don't want to talk about it..."he adds to Alaric as he shakes of a bit of a limp.

"That's twice on the ring... the same bit that you throw down a well.. eh? Powerful thing, that. I recall a relative of mine from time out of mind... he had some troubles with a ring once... But a POSSESSED item; how did you come by it?"


Ariarh Kane wrote:
Dain GM wrote:
Ariarh Kane wrote:

Ry wasn't one for chewing so she politely refused Brett's offer with a small smile and a shake of her head.

The hill did appear slippery, so she hopped off Tal and led him cautiously down. There is no need to risk injury to her horse or herself, especially this early on.

Ry's Reflex save for downhill: 1d20+2
Tal's Reflex Save: 1d20+6

You get down the hill fairly easily, with no worries, except to watch Brett and his pony go sliding down the hill. They seem a little banged up, but not to serious. Brett looks at you all with a sheepish look, then back to Alaric, waiting for his response.
Before jumping back onto her horse, Ariarh asks, "Brett, are you and the pony okay?"

"Aye... we'll be good as can be, I suspect," he grumbles, then offers a wry grin.


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)
Brett Rowan wrote:
Ariarh Kane wrote:
Dain GM wrote:
Ariarh Kane wrote:

Ry wasn't one for chewing so she politely refused Brett's offer with a small smile and a shake of her head.

The hill did appear slippery, so she hopped off Tal and led him cautiously down. There is no need to risk injury to her horse or herself, especially this early on.

Ry's Reflex save for downhill: 1d20+2
Tal's Reflex Save: 1d20+6

You get down the hill fairly easily, with no worries, except to watch Brett and his pony go sliding down the hill. They seem a little banged up, but not to serious. Brett looks at you all with a sheepish look, then back to Alaric, waiting for his response.
Before jumping back onto her horse, Ariarh asks, "Brett, are you and the pony okay?"
"Aye... we'll be good as can be, I suspect," he grumbles, then offers a wry grin.

Ry sees Brett trying to shake off his limp.

"Well ... if you find the limp is still bothering you later, I can help. But, that's only if you want it." She playfully winks at him.


Smendor wrote:

Drake do you know where the boy Tom was from.

"His name was Tim, not "Tom"," he says as he takes a heap of wood and shaves it into spikes for the traps outside. "And I think he came from Southern Brevoy... he talked big, but it was mostly talk. He still did his business ugly though,"Drake said with a pause "He did his bit of killing and theft. Took horses, and maybe other goods and gear, but he was a right thief... Figured he'd squirrel a way a piece of coin, then make it big in the towns in the south... Fool," he added flatly, as if he doubted the success of such a plan.


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)

Wasn't Gideon riding out with us as well?


Ariarh Kane wrote:
Wasn't Gideon riding out with us as well?

Yes, Gideon is riding with us... he just has not made his Reflex Save at this time (The difficulty was 12).

At this time there should be Gideon, yourself, Brett, and Alaric.

At the base there is Smendor, Tessera, and Leto.


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)
Dain GM wrote:
Ariarh Kane wrote:
Wasn't Gideon riding out with us as well?

Yes, Gideon is riding with us... he just has not made his Reflex Save at this time (The difficulty was 12).

At this time there should be Gideon, yourself, Brett, and Alaric.

At the base there is Smendor, Tessera, and Leto.

Gideon's on Skype right now. Should I give him a gentle nudge? ;)


"Lady, you've shown a good way in the wilderness. Maybe you can do some to track these scum. I'll be happy to lend a hand,"Brett adds.

Ry, make a Survival Roll please.

Brett will roll to Assist you in your Survival roll to try to find tracks for enemies.

Though it is likely you won't find tracks, you will be able to (depending on the roll) find the enemies faster.

Brett's Survival Roll to assist

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10 (+2 to vs favorite enemy)


Male Dwarf Shielded Fighter

If you recall his last name or home town I would like the information. I would like to pin a letter telling him family that he fought well for the time he was with use. Yes he only gave us informant, but it will help his family go on in peace. I am sorry for his death if that is worth anything?

Working Working Working

And where are you from?


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)
Brett Rowan wrote:

"Lady, you've shown a good way in the wilderness. Maybe you can do some to track these scum. I'll be happy to lend a hand,"Brett adds.

Ry, make a Survival Roll please.

Brett will roll to Assist you in your Survival roll to try to find tracks for enemies.

Though it is likely you won't find tracks, you will be able to (depending on the roll) find the enemies faster.

Brett's Survival Roll to assist

1d20 + 7 (+2 to vs favorite enemy)

Ry's survival roll: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20


Male Dwarf Shielded Fighter

I can jump on there also if you want, but I am not sure if both groups doing two different things will work.


Smendor wrote:

If you recall his last name or home town I would like the information. I would like to pin a letter telling him family that he fought well for the time he was with use. Yes he only gave us informant, but it will help his family go on in peace. I am sorry for his death if that is worth anything?

Working Working Working

And where are you from?

Drake shows no emotion as he continues to work, though he answers.

"First off, his parents are likely dead, though no one is sure. He pulled the "me sick mum" a bunch of times to make coin, but also claimed his kin were dead. He lied well enough, so I don't know what was true on that account."

He pauses for another drink.

"As for that hash about sending a letter to his kin; that be a lie. He did nothign for you, and helped you not at all. He is a highway robber and killer. I don't know what that other lad did to get his information... but I tell you clear; when pressed to it Tim Nailer told no lie that time. But as for writing to his kin... I have no way of knowing where they even are, and if they live."

"You don't have to be sorry for his death; you didn't kill him. And he died no worse then any of us, a clean beheading... The same fate that any thief or even noble-born would get, if they break the law of the land. But in my country, the one condemns to death a man is the one who swings the blade. It's right and just; that way there's naught but blood on the hands that make the decision to kill." he pauses and looks over to Leto at this, but makes no further comment.

"For myself? I come from Brevoy as well... Though my family and I are not... friendly with each other," he adds the last as if pained by some memory, though continues to work.


Smendor wrote:
I can jump on there also if you want, but I am not sure if both groups doing two different things will work.

Well, you are totally free to hop on Skype if you'd like. Right now it's just me and Ry, and Gideon is hurrying home. I had hoped to make the combat play by post so we could all participate in time.

But if Alaric is unable to post, and I have to be at work tomorrow until 4:00 pm Eastern Standard... I think getting this done on Skype will be very quick.

You probably won't be able to contribute much to the battle, per se, but it's always nice to have other people socialize.

I'll have combat posted up and a running total of what is going on the board as well.


Male Dwarf Shielded Fighter

O I know he really did not help us with anything I just do not want a family if he had one going to their death knowing their child was a thief.


male Tiefling Gestalt staff magus/weapon adept monk 5
Dain GM wrote:
He hops off his pony and leads it gently down the crest of the hill, so that it doesn't fall and break a leg. Even at this time of the day, the hill is still fairly slick and the grass is slippery.

reflex save to get down the hill 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Falling damage1d6 ⇒ 2
reflex save for half 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Gideon stumbles on his horse, but manages to catch himself before the fall harms him too much.


Smendor wrote:
O I know he really did not help us with anything I just do not want a family if he had one going to their death knowing their child was a thief.

Drake looks at you flatly, but says nothing for a moment.

"That makes you a liar. Don't cheapen yourself on his account. His last deed - after death - should not drag down an honest dwarf into dishonesty by forcing a lie... Besides; no one knows if, and where, his parents are alive."


Male Dwarf Shielded Fighter

I would do the same for any man. There is no reason to hate your enemy. He lives his life and does what he does. Kicking dirt on his grave will not help anyone, but a few words to his kin if they be alive would make his life worth something. If only to tell him he is dead.


Smendor wrote:
I would do the same for any man. There is no reason to hate your enemy. He lives his life and does what he does. Kicking dirt on his grave will not help anyone, but a few words to his kin if they be alive would make his life worth something. If only to tell him he is dead.

"Then you are a liar," he adds flatly.

"Truth doesn't kick dirt on a lad's grave, it is just honesty. His parents should know the truth. It seems quite likely they are dead, and certainly lost. If you can't say truth, it be better to say nothing then. "he says and goes back to work.


NOTE TO ALARIC

This is your Reflex Roll to get down the hill. The DC is 12. If you fail you take 1d6 Falling Damage. The save for that is 15.

Relex Save

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

If you fail

1d6 ⇒ 6

if you save for the fall

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

FYI you got another 19 for a save... hmmm very lucky


male Tiefling Gestalt staff magus/weapon adept monk 5

Perception to find bandits
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

We found them approximately two hours south of Olegs.

351 to 400 of 10,695 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dain's King Maker Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.