Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Dain's King Maker Chronicles

Game Master dain120475

Introduction

This is the Kingmaker Campaign, yet it is filled with many deviations from the boxed set. The "Campaign Information" page is meant as a quick resource to help sum up the thousands of posts quickly.


251 to 300 of 10,645 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Female Elf Ranger 1/Bard 1

I'll catch up on the threads and respond soon but I just wanted to let people know my skype ID is algebrapro18 and I'm online now just in case we end up doing battle tonight. I can only stay on until 11 CST(midnight eastern) just fyi.


male Tiefling Gestalt staff magus/weapon adept monk 5
Tessara Varial wrote:
I'll catch up on the threads and respond soon but I just wanted to let people know my skype ID is algebrapro18 and I'm online now just in case we end up doing battle tonight. I can only stay on until 11 CST(midnight eastern) just fyi.

Mine is forestw1980. Feel free to add me to your directory. I'm on now as well. WIll probably go to bed in an hour or so.


For those of you intereste... we are currently on Skype now, doing the interogation.

If you are interested, let me know what you plan is. Currently Gideon and Tess are working the guy over making "helpful" suggestions. We're online if you're interested.


Brett watches the body being buried, then prods the ruffian back with the barrel of his pistol.

The weeping lad comes stumbling in to the front of the gate, where everyone is congregated. Brett observes this last fellow is sitting in a chair, his arms manacled behind him, staring up at a large group of very angry people.

”Your pardon, mister Oleg, but you got those damn middens in the back of your camp, eh? Three feet of compost in damp pits, tidy place to keep these wretches. Meantime, looks like this scum doesn’t want to talk much,”. He looks at the bound lad coldly.

”The lady here already patched you up, and now you won’t talk, eh? You just sit there and do nothing. Well, chances are we got to hang you both, but you trying to help us may… mitigate your sentence. You hear me?”

Since no one else wants to try Diplomacy, Brett will make HIS roll…

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

”What do you say, lad? I’m a scion of a sword lord; I won’t lie to you… You help us plan on this, and we’ll keep you alive, and be generous to you besides.”


Ariarh can "Aid" you in Diplomacy, but she does not do it directly (as she is not here...).

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15 to aid Brett in her Diplomacy


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)
Dain GM wrote:

Ariarh can "Aid" you in Diplomacy, but she does not do it directly (as she is not here...).

1d20 + 9 to aid Brett in her Diplomacy

"You look like a reasonable man. And, isn't your life worth something? If you just answer a few questions and the information is good we will allow you to live. We've brought you back here to the trading post, your wounds tended to. You can see so far I have kept my word to you. Please let me keep it from this point forward. What say you? Will you provide my companion here with the answers he's seeking?"


The bandit looks for a moment at Ariarh, and then back to Brett.

"Fine... what do you want to know."

Since everyone else is on SKYPE right now... I will send an attached file with the back-and-forth to everyon's email so they can see what's up.


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)
Dain GM wrote:

The bandit looks for a moment at Ariarh, and then back to Brett.

"Fine... what do you want to know."

Since everyone else is on SKYPE right now... I will send an attached file with the back-and-forth to everyon's email so they can see what's up.

Way to go the *subtle* prod, GM. I just got home and noticed the thread and added my 2 cents. ;)


Alaric will wander up, and start talking to the bandit. Repent of your banditry, give us the information we require and we will allow you to work off your debt to Oleg and Svetlana. After which you can go on your own way or we can potentially employ you here. It is up to you but both are preferable to death.

Diplomacy check 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17


Alaric Winter wrote:

Alaric will wander up, and start talking to the bandit. Repent of your banditry, give us the information we require and we will allow you to work off your debt to Oleg and Svetlana. After which you can go on your own way or we can potentially employ you here. It is up to you but both are preferable to death.

Diplomacy check 1d20+9

The bandit looks to each of you, as if trying to read your faces for the truth of your claim.

"Yeah... well... we'll see... But, in the meantime, you want to know what's going on... fine. Like I said... ask your questions..."


Male Dwarf Shielded Fighter

Just setting back watching the chat.
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26


Female Elf Ranger 1/Bard 1

Tessara heads to the tower and watches for the bandits on the horizon.

Perception:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)

Just after her initial plea to the bandit, Ariarh stands back and listens to the conversation.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19


Ariarh Kane wrote:

Just after her initial plea to the bandit, Ariarh stands back and listens to the conversation.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2

That was on the bandit "Drake"... I need a sense motive for the 17 year old kid crying in the pit... Tim


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)
Dain GM wrote:
Ariarh Kane wrote:

Just after her initial plea to the bandit, Ariarh stands back and listens to the conversation.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2

That was on the bandit "Drake"... I need a sense motive for the 17 year old kid crying in the pit... Tim

in regard to Tim.

Sense motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Sorry Dain and Smendor -- have to dash on important errand.


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)

It was good chatting with some of you on Skype, today. Sorry to have run out abruptly on Dain and Smendor -- I live by the whims of family and responsibility. ;) Our GM is going to post up what went down in Skype today and I think he made mention that it would be done in the morning. But since I won't be around tomorrow due to company, I thought I'd post up Ariarh's bit part of the interrogation of captured bandit #2: Tim. I hope this is okay to do, GM.

Ariarh made her way back to the tables by the fire with the shot of whiskey requested by the second bandit who now sat huddled beneath the blanket she had placed around his shoulders. Alaric was still methodically interrogating him but bandit Tim seemed distracted through his responses. He was being rather annoying, to be honest.

"Here we go, Tim. This will warm you right up." Ariarh nodded toward the glass, encouragingly, hoping the whiskey's warmth would pry the boy's lips. They needed corroborative answers. Perhaps, a little more "mothering" of this young bandit was necessary.

"Tim, this would go better for you if you just answer the questions as directly as you can. You must be cold and hungry. The sooner we can finish this conversation to our satisfaction, the quicker you can clean up and have some food." Ariarh gave him another encouraging nod and smile.

"It would be a shame if you got sick and died. I don't want to see that happening to anyone." She carefully placed her hand beneath his glass and gently lifted it up, willing him to drink more of the liquor and to be more accommodating.

Diplomacy check: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21


Male Half-Elf Druid 1

Well, a shame my gf was over and I missed out on the interrogation. Oh well. Also: When will we be getting together to do the bandit encounter/ambush/whatever? Just wanting to know a little early.

Leto avoids taking part in the interrogation, instead directing and helping Tabak to clear the yards, and oiling the hinges on the ancient gate to his satisfaction, so that they fold open and shut with very little resistance. He is sightly annoyed by the treatment of the bandits, but not to overly concerned. I suppose we do need this information, and the men have consigned themselves to death. Leto's thoughts weigh heavy but he knows that a good ruler must protect his subjects, even when doing so requires messy sacrifices of one's own moral fiber.

After getting all he can think of done, Leto sends Tabak to stand near the interrogations, alert to any problems and unnerving by his mere presence, and then goes inside to chronicle the events in his journal in a messy, tight scrawl. This is where anyone else finds him, though he is ready to move to the wall at a moments notice.


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)
Leto North wrote:

Well, a shame my gf was over and I missed out on the interrogation. Oh well. Also: When will we be getting together to do the bandit encounter/ambush/whatever? Just wanting to know a little early.

Leto, the interrogation of bandit #2 is still in progress. We didn't get to finish it, today. I'm sure Dain will post up what's been happening so far in regard to the interrogations.


Male Dwarf Shielded Fighter

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

laughs a little and smiles.

A little while later after Smendor knows his person is worthless.

This gopher is a waist of time he is so scared he is more likely to wet his pants than he is to give us any relevant information.

Walking to the gate

Since we are going to be attacked I am going to work on that gate. We are not going to open that thing up.


Female Elf Ranger 1/Bard 1

Tessara paces the walls as she keeps look out for the bandits. Her eyes drift inside momentarily and sees that the bandits that were going to be hung are now being fed and one seems to be covered in what she hopes is mud but knows isn't. I will never understand the others need to blur the line between enemy and friend. At least the men are still shackled but if the rest of my new group think I'm going to sit idly by and ignore the words of the charter they have another thing coming. But lets take things one at a time. While she was thinking her eyes went back outside of the walls and she continued to pace, getting a little antsy to see how many men would be coming.

While I was there for the interrogation Tessara was busy being look out so wouldn't know what when on...just didn't want to metagame.

Also Leto, we're planning on the main bandit battle taking place on Sunday at between 9 and 9:30 EST(correct me if I'm wrong on that guys). We decided last night that we'll use Skype and MapTools so if your not familiar with MapTools you can play with it before then, its really neat.


Tess is indeed correct on that account: The battle is scheduled for Sunday, 9:00 pm Eastern Standard. We do intend to use MapTools, AND Skype.

Here’s the plan for this particular battle, and subsequent battles.

1. I want to get a time and date fixed when we can all, (or most of us) can be there. I will therefore give the date for the battle a few days in advance (at least), so we can prepare ourselves.

2. I understand we all have other duties and obligations, but if you can’t make the battle, or don’t think you can be present, just try to send us a Post on the site so we can plan around it. If you can’t make it, for example, just give us a heads-up on what you’d like to do.

3. Sunday’s battle is a bit of a “test battle”. There will no doubt be some complications, and possible troubles as we get used to it. But don’t worry, this is meant to be a learning tool this time around.

4. When you get on the MapTools, we will also be on Skype chat. Skype is a free to download service, as is MapTools. Skype allows us to basically make a conference call long-distance and for free. This will allow us to “chat socially” with each other, giving out strategy, ideas, comments, suggestions, and basically act like a normal table-top group. Further, I suspect that combat should go fast and furious, because the MapTools should simplify everything in terms of mathematic calculations, as that’s what it is designed for. Hopefully, a combat that would last 2 hours in table top will be done in about 30 minutes with MapTools, but we shall see.

Subsequent Battles

The play with MapTools on Sunday will largely determine how these things go. However, I know we all have varied schedules and can’t always do this type of battle. Instead, these types of combats are reserved for “boss battles”. In short, if the boss has a name, we’ll try to go this route. You know, the quasi-epic stuff. As for the battles that are shorter (like, say, you’re riding somewhere and get jumped by a Dire Bear), that’s okay. I will say “roll initiative”. Then I will wait a day or so, get the results, and then we’ll fight the bear with posts, just like the bandits that Gideon Ariarh struggled with (luckily the baby griffon was there) earlier.

Regarding Posts

Okay, just to reiterate. I have tried play-by-posts in the past. Normally I see a lot of chatter and feedback in week one, some in week two, by week three it’s finished. I don’t really want that in this game. I want to see responses, social RP, and the chance to watch people act things out. As such, we’re moving at a pretty rapid pace compared to other sites. As in, generally at least once a day, sometimes more. I myself typically work two jobs and six days a week (Friday is my day off), and don’t post until I get home (though today I AM home), which is typically 7:30 pm Eastern Standard, and then again until about One AM Eastern Standard. This gives me the chance to read your posts, respond to them and generally try to work and keep things rolling. So far, everyone seems okay with this pace, but I have not heard back from Leto on it. Please let me know if you are not cool with it, or if you have reconsidered.

By the way, you guys are moving along with great speed. I love it, and want to say thank you for everyone making this work. We will have very little to do between now and Sunday, when the battle is. Here are a few suggestions:

1. Continue with interrogating the prisoners, and social role-play among yourself. Remember, even though you are all carrying the charter, we don’t really know each other too well. That was kind of cut short the day we met. Since we have to wait till Sunday night to do the formal fight, it’s a good idea to get to know each other better.

2. Reconnoiter: If the scum you’ve talked to is correct, then you’re looking for AT LEAST 20 bandits. Who knows, maybe you can send an outrider out to see when they’re coming, and get the straight word. And for the feisty ones, maybe pick off a few. Of course, that could be extremely dangerous and deadly… I recommend taking the griffon ;) Kidding aside, you do get experience for participating in battles, even small skirmishes. So far only Brett, Gideon and Arairh have done that.

3. Get a little prep squad work going. If you want to set up traps around Oleg’s, that’s cool. You may even have time to do that; though it may be tricky.

Okay, sorry that we have to wait till Sunday for the epic battle. It rankles me greatly that I have a day off and little can be done about it until we’re all on board, but there it is!

That said; Recap..

The one that is called Tim is looking now between all of you. For some reason, the disappearance of the one called “Drake” has shifted his mood considerably.

Those who rolled Sense Motive:
This “Tim” fellow’s eyes have narrowed. He now looks as though he is a weasel seeking for a way out of a trap. Despite his weeping, you sense a subtle shift in the boy. Almost as if he thinks he can get out if this if he plays his cards right, true, but not in a way that is going to be especially honest. In short, the look that washed over his face calls out “liar”. You think he will say only what he can to save his skin, and will exaggerate or minimize the issue of the bandits to whatever you want to hear, if he thinks it will help. If you want to hear ten bandits, he’ll say ten. If you want to hear a one hundred, he’ll say one hundred. As for why he suddenly shifted his mood once out of eye sight of Drake is beyond your knowledge, but that’s how it looks.

”Bandits? Aye, they be a horrid lot, to be sure! I misself was taked by them as a lad, it be true. I be done joining them ‘cause I needed money for help with my sick ma’, gods’s rest her soul. But they be a right bad lot, and they kill more then most and don’t like to talk sense, as you fine folk seem to. They be a bad ‘un to tossle about, YOU see! But lucky we be all here to maybe let out… See, I think the best thing to be doing is to be heading back north a piece, and a get a good size bit of troops and gear. Why, I got’s a good head for recalling things. I know right where their home base be! We ride back north to you’s bosses and then round up a proper group of troops, and away we be! Take this Oleg fellow and his wife, and what you need. Let’s go back, get some lads and route out the scum! They got heaps of gold in their hideout, but lots o’ guards. Why, we come there with good group, they’ll be treasure for all!”

He seems genuinely enthusiastic and emphatic about his claims. No longer do you see him weeping, but actually happy and excited. You believe most of what he is saying to be true… but you aren’t entirely sure… something about him strikes you as dishonest, though you can’t pick out a lie or a truth by his words alone. He feels altogether sleazy, and you don’t trust him, but you don’t know what he may be doing to lie. Or his motivations.


Male Dwarf Shielded Fighter

Are we going to run PM or AM I have not seen that yet. I cannot do Sunday at 9AM I attend a Sunday service. I can do Sunday afternoon around 2PM EST.


Female Elf Ranger 1/Bard 1

we're doing PM. Sorry should have specified.

Question for Dain: I'm trying to set up macro's for MapTool and want to know what the top 5 major skill checks you request are so I can set macro's for them. Also according to the tutorial I watched this morning I can make the dice rolls hiden from other players and viewable only by you, or viewable to anyone. Do you have any preference?


male Tiefling Gestalt staff magus/weapon adept monk 5

Gideon is going to leave the interrogation to others and go about helping to rebuild the forts defenses (aid another for any trap building others are doing) and keeping a lookout otherwise.


Smendor wrote:
Are we going to run PM or AM I have not seen that yet. I cannot do Sunday at 9AM I attend a Sunday service. I can do Sunday afternoon around 2PM EST.

It is scheduled for 9 PM, Eastern Standard.


Male Dwarf Shielded Fighter

The Gate
So Smendor is going to build a quick gate bar. I assume Oleg has a few iron spikes that can be using to build the two (L) shaped hooks and a large timber board that can be dropped in to hold the door closed. I assume this is ordinary knowledge so (taking 10) for an intelligence check should get the job done.

After the gate bar is done.

Looking around the area Gideon help me pull this wagon over to block the gate.

I will update the map for this. I can also update it with other info just tell me by tonight.

This is the wagon setting in the middle of A1


Gideon Samus Shaw wrote:
Gideon is going to leave the interrogation to others and go about helping to rebuild the forts defenses (aid another for any trap building others are doing) and keeping a lookout otherwise.

Hmm... While I certainly don't mind you aiding another for building traps, [ooc] This would require a Craft: Traps roll... [ooc] Who are you planning on aiding.

If you want to construct a trap with a difficulty to find of under ten, you can do so. This should take about an hour, to construct a ten x ten x ten foot trap, unless you have the skill.

If you want to "aid someone" the most you can do is work on it together, then it will take you less 15 minutes for aid (for a minimum of 30 minutes). But this gives you time to make more traps, if needed.


Tessara Varial wrote:

we're doing PM. Sorry should have specified.

Question for Dain: I'm trying to set up macro's for MapTool and want to know what the top 5 major skill checks you request are so I can set macro's for them. Also according to the tutorial I watched this morning I can make the dice rolls hiden from other players and viewable only by you, or viewable to anyone. Do you have any preference?

1. Top skills is an issue best left to each player. There is little reason to put Acrobatics on Alaric's top skills, for example, just as there seems little reason to put Spellcraft on Smendor's. Try to pick the one's that make the most sense to your character in particular.

2. For now, we'll show everyone the dice. I think it will make it more fun if we feel like a table-top game, and when we can all see the dice being 'rolled' it will feel more like we're all part of the game.

NOTE: The only time you should have to hide the dice from other players is if you are trying to do something you don't want your friends to know about. In battle, though, they will know if you missed your opponent.


Male Half-Elf Druid 1

I'm fine with that pace, I haven't posted much recently as I didn't have much to do with what was going on and all of my posts I thought of putting up seemed a bit pointless. I try to avoid being involved in every little thing. Also am fine with Sunday. Also Smemdor, has the plan changed? I believed we were letting them in, then ambushing them. Blocking the gate seems counter productive to that. Bar seems a good idea, just to throw up after they're in. Just need clarification if the battle plan changed.


Female Elf Ranger 1/Bard 1

Is anyone else handy with a bow? I have a feeling Tess is going to need help picking off the bandits as they ride up to the fort...I knew I should have been a human so I could have taken two feats...I could have many shot....


Male Dwarf Shielded Fighter
Dain GM wrote:
Tessara Varial wrote:

we're doing PM. Sorry should have specified.

Question for Dain: I'm trying to set up macro's for MapTool and want to know what the top 5 major skill checks you request are so I can set macro's for them. Also according to the tutorial I watched this morning I can make the dice rolls hiden from other players and viewable only by you, or viewable to anyone. Do you have any preference?

1. Top skills is an issue best left to each player. There is little reason to put Acrobatics on Alaric's top skills, for example, just as there seems little reason to put Spellcraft on Smendor's. Try to pick the one's that make the most sense to your character in particular.

2. For now, we'll show everyone the dice. I think it will make it more fun if we feel like a table-top game, and when we can all see the dice being 'rolled' it will feel more like we're all part of the game.

NOTE: The only time you should have to hide the dice from other players is if you are trying to do something you don't want your friends to know about. In battle, though, they will know if you missed your opponent.

I assume we can make a few pit fall traps outside the gate without much of a skill. It is a hole with grass over it.

Do I need to role anything to brace the gate?


male Tiefling Gestalt staff magus/weapon adept monk 5
Smendor wrote:

The Gate

So Smendor is going to build a quick gate bar. I assume Oleg has a few iron spikes that can be using to build the two (L) shaped hooks and a large timber board that can be dropped in to hold the door closed. I assume this is ordinary knowledge so (taking 10) for an intelligence check should get the job done.

After the gate bar is done.

Looking around the area Gideon help me pull this wagon over to block the gate.

I will update the map for this. I can also update it with other info just tell me by tonight.

This is the wagon setting in the middle of A1

Gideon moves to help smendor


male Tiefling Gestalt staff magus/weapon adept monk 5
Dain GM wrote:
Gideon Samus Shaw wrote:
Gideon is going to leave the interrogation to others and go about helping to rebuild the forts defenses (aid another for any trap building others are doing) and keeping a lookout otherwise.

Hmm... While I certainly don't mind you aiding another for building traps, [ooc] This would require a Craft: Traps roll... [ooc] Who are you planning on aiding.

If you want to construct a trap with a difficulty to find of under ten, you can do so. This should take about an hour, to construct a ten x ten x ten foot trap, unless you have the skill.

If you want to "aid someone" the most you can do is work on it together, then it will take you less 15 minutes for aid (for a minimum of 30 minutes). But this gives you time to make more traps, if needed.

"Help with" would have been a better choice of words than "aid another."


Male Dwarf Shielded Fighter
Tessara Varial wrote:
Is anyone else handy with a bow? I have a feeling Tess is going to need help picking off the bandits as they ride up to the fort...I knew I should have been a human so I could have taken two feats...I could have many shot....

All fighters can use bows, and if no one else has the power Smendor will ask for the bow and 20 arrows. not a lot of classes get martial weapons.


male Tiefling Gestalt staff magus/weapon adept monk 5
Smendor wrote:
Dain GM wrote:
Tessara Varial wrote:

we're doing PM. Sorry should have specified.

Question for Dain: I'm trying to set up macro's for MapTool and want to know what the top 5 major skill checks you request are so I can set macro's for them. Also according to the tutorial I watched this morning I can make the dice rolls hiden from other players and viewable only by you, or viewable to anyone. Do you have any preference?

1. Top skills is an issue best left to each player. There is little reason to put Acrobatics on Alaric's top skills, for example, just as there seems little reason to put Spellcraft on Smendor's. Try to pick the one's that make the most sense to your character in particular.

2. For now, we'll show everyone the dice. I think it will make it more fun if we feel like a table-top game, and when we can all see the dice being 'rolled' it will feel more like we're all part of the game.

NOTE: The only time you should have to hide the dice from other players is if you are trying to do something you don't want your friends to know about. In battle, though, they will know if you missed your opponent.

I assume we can make a few pit fall traps outside the gate without much of a skill. It is a hole with grass over it.

Do I need to role anything to brace the gate?

Gideon will assist Smendor with digging simple pit traps outside the gate.


male Tiefling Gestalt staff magus/weapon adept monk 5
Smendor wrote:
Tessara Varial wrote:
Is anyone else handy with a bow? I have a feeling Tess is going to need help picking off the bandits as they ride up to the fort...I knew I should have been a human so I could have taken two feats...I could have many shot....

All fighters can use bows, and if no one else has the power Smendor will ask for the bow and 20 arrows. not a lot of classes get martial weapons.

As a staff magus Im only proficient with simple weapons. And the Orc weapons of course.

Edit: tis character is going to be an interesting experiment.

Dain DM, how do you feel about multiple archetypes? From my understanding they're fine so long as they don't replace the same features. I was thinking about being a black blade/staff magus. Obviously the staff can't be the black blade, but a falchion (Orc weapon) could be. I can't decide if that sounds really cool or cheesy. Thoughts?


Male Dwarf Shielded Fighter

All bows fall into the Martial Weapons group with simple you can only use crossbows, spears, and slings.


male Tiefling Gestalt staff magus/weapon adept monk 5
Smendor wrote:
All bows fall into the Martial Weapons group with simple you can only use crossbows, spears, and slings.

I'm aware. I just wanted to make it public knowledge.


Male Dwarf Shielded Fighter

Smendor will take off his armor to dig due to it hindering his strength check.

if I need to toss a CON for STR check to work fast and hard that is cool


Male Half-Elf Druid 1

Leto has a crossbow, and 7 elemental blasts a day. He's not incredibly good with either, but he will be helping at range. Damn making an RP character who sucks at combat lol.


Gideon Samus Shaw wrote:
Smendor wrote:
Tessara Varial wrote:
Is anyone else handy with a bow? I have a feeling Tess is going to need help picking off the bandits as they ride up to the fort...I knew I should have been a human so I could have taken two feats...I could have many shot....

All fighters can use bows, and if no one else has the power Smendor will ask for the bow and 20 arrows. not a lot of classes get martial weapons.

As a staff magus Im only proficient with simple weapons. And the Orc weapons of course.

Edit: tis character is going to be an interesting experiment.

Dain DM, how do you feel about multiple archetypes? From my understanding they're fine so long as they don't replace the same features. I was thinking about being a black blade/staff magus. Obviously the staff can't be the black blade, but a falchion (Orc weapon) could be. I can't decide if that sounds really cool or cheesy. Thoughts?

Well, the theory is an aside. You can only hold one weapon, and your "off hand" is your spell slinging hand. So if you have a staff, then you end up not being able to use a sword. If you power up your staff, and then pull out your sword, then you are at a bit of a loss since your staff is powered up.

Once you lay down the weapon you have "buffed" and picked up another weapon, then you are not using the weapon you have "buffed". I think that, while an interesting idea, it would (in the end) not work very well. Let me go over my notes, and I will give you a definite answer tonight.


Male Dwarf Shielded Fighter

IC CHAT

Oleg when we were walking around the area I found a few fur tack boards do you happen to have any spring traps you sell to the trappers.

This would be something like a fox, wolf, or bear trap, which I assume would be a standard item for a person that does business with a trappers, but there is a massive chance they have been taken.


CONCERNING TRAPS:

As mentioned; one person can build a trap that is a ten by ten by ten cube. Unless they have "Craft: Trap Building" then it will take them about one hour to make a basic trap, such as a pit trap (digging a ten foot by ten foot hole takes a while).

If someone wants to "assist" in this attempt, it will just cut down on time. Which means that two people will take 45 minutes, and three people will take 30 minutes.

(I am basically making this up on the fly, since I can't find many rules for traps at this time). It will take you 30 minutes minimum to dig the pit no matter how many guys on it.

PIT TRAP DAMAGE: If a person falls into a ten foot pit trap they take 1d6 falling damage (Relfex save 12 for half).

SPIKED PIT TRAP: This will add another 30 minutes to the making (I know, sounds like a long time, but it's how this going to work for now). The person who falls takes 1d6 falling damage, + 1d8 piercing damage. They may make Reflex save for half damage, but it the DC is now 18.

OTHER TRAPS: Mostly you can just create walls of "difficult terrain" around the pallaside. Such as creating a patch of short spikes sticking up, or something like. For every ten by ten feet of dangerous terrain you want to set up (spikes or whatever) will take you the same ammount of difficulty as above to build a pit-trap via time.

Okay... so... no comments on your choice to investigate this guy? And no plans to scout about? Let me know...


male Tiefling Gestalt staff magus/weapon adept monk 5
Dain GM wrote:


Well, the theory is an aside. You can only hold one weapon, and your "off hand" is your spell slinging hand. So if you have a staff, then you end up not being able to use a sword. If you power up your staff, and then pull out your sword, then you are at a bit of a loss since your staff is powered up.

Once you lay down the weapon you have "buffed" and picked up another weapon, then you are not using the weapon you have "buffed". I think that, while an interesting idea, it would (in the end) not work very well. Let me go over my notes, and I will give you a definite answer tonight.

I havent "crunched the numbers" so to speak. I was just considering this on the fly. It may not be viable.


Here is the sense motive roll for Tim Sense Motive [dice]1d20+1


Oops forgot the rest of the code. 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17


male Tiefling Gestalt staff magus/weapon adept monk 5

Upon consideration I'm going to forget the black blade thing. Gideon carrying a blade around doesn't really fit thematically. It would be cool if the "black blade" didn't have to be slashing, but according to RAW it does. Having a black staff would fit the whole unique weapon/jedi thing I'm going for, but such is life. If I did this the 10th level staff magus power becomes almost obsolete. OOHH the black staff personality could be that of my dead master. Using the masters blood gift and channeling through the staff master could speak to me from beyond the veil. That's kinda cool, but I'm rambling.


Alaric will lean in real close to Tim. You remember when I said that I would know if you were lying or playing us false? Do you remember what I said would happen if you did that? Alaric will look at him very closely at this point and making sure his words are sinking in clearly. I am going to give you ONE chance to tell us what you are up to and what you hope to gain. If I don't like your answer, I am going to take this rope, tie it over the rafters, tie it to my horse and string you up myself. Intimidate 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26


Alaric Winter wrote:
Alaric will lean in real close to Tim. You remember when I said that I would know if you were lying or playing us false? Do you remember what I said would happen if you did that? Alaric will look at him very closely at this point and making sure his words are sinking in clearly. I am going to give you ONE chance to tell us what you are up to and what you hope to gain. If I don't like your answer, I am going to take this rope, tie it over the rafters, tie it to my horse and string you up myself. Intimidate 1d20+6

You "sense" rather then know that what is happening with this guy is beyond simple demands. He's already petrified of you, he is already willing to say anything to you. But there's the rub; he's willing to say ANYTHING to you. What do you want to hear? He'll say it! What is he up to? He said it; he wants to go north, help you gather a bunch of people and go treasure hunting for the bandit loot. Of course, he would be a hero for doing it, and very rich, if you came with him and he was the one to lead the charge. But what does he really know? He's been to at least one bandit base, that's for sure. But is it the MAIN one? Is the loot he saw there a HUGE AMMOUNT, or is he exegerating simply for dramatic effect?

You recall with some frustration that this was always the difficulty with torture tactics to produce results. In the end, the enemy will eventually tell you what you want to hear, even if he makes it up.

"No sir! Please sir! You gots' me all wrong, you do! I don't wanna be killed, not be noose OR knife, I just want to live! What do you want to know? I told you they got lots of horseman and are looking for you! I told you they gots places to hold up with lots of loot! I ain't lying to you neither. If we go back to someplace where we can grab a propper kit AND lads, we can put them down easy. That all be true, I swear!"

Tim seems very determined make sure you're happy. He babbles again, modifying his answers slightly. You still have the feeling he's not answering your questions completely, but you don't have the feeling he is lying to you directly about any specific questions. In short, he's untrustworthy, but at this point, you don't think he is out and out lying. You sense that all his information is accurate, but no doubt there is some other little cunning plan which he thinks is quite clever. But you can't figure out what it is... But then, nothing he says seems wrong, nor does he seem like he's telling you an out and out lie... Call it a hunch, but somethign stinks. He's just not lying to you.


So even with that roll he is strong enough to withhold his "cunning little plan?" I'm trying to get real numbers and real information. Not exaggeration or cunning plans. I'm not torturing him to get him to stop. If I feel he is being truthful and not being false fine. If he is trying to pull something over on us, he is going to die. I was trying to get what that cunning little plan of his was, out of him.

I want real numbers! I want how many are coming. How many are back at the base? What sort of plan are you trying to pull over on us? I know you have one. You might as well spit it out now and save yourself the bother. I know you aren't right out lying but you're not telling us everything either. From now on I want you to tell me two things about your group of bandits for every one I ask. NOW START TALKING STRAIGHT OR SO HELP ME I WILL FEED YOU TO THE GRIFFIN! Bring out the other one! I want him to corroborate what this one is saying. But I tell you now if I catch you in a lie or even a half-truth where you left stuff out...you will swing!

251 to 300 of 10,645 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dain's King Maker Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.