Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Dain's King Maker Chronicles

Game Master dain120475

Introduction

This is the Kingmaker Campaign, yet it is filled with many deviations from the boxed set. The "Campaign Information" page is meant as a quick resource to help sum up the thousands of posts quickly.


1,851 to 1,900 of 10,645 << first < prev | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | next > last >>

Female Human Cleric 1
Dain GM wrote:

You shake yourself in surprise, looking up at Gideon, leaning over you intently... You are cold, wet, and rain soaked, but there is no more surrounding mists, and everything seems as clean and fresh as a cold, rainy day.

Yet you hear a strange echoing laughter in the trees at this time...

"Master Gideon, it were a ward!" Hermia exclaims, grinning broadly. "The lords and ladies of the wood, they do not mean us any harm! Just that we should leave them in peace."

Hermia pauses and considers the quality of the laughter, and continues in Sylvan Sylvan"Good Lords and Ladies, did our display entertain more than my song? Will you treat with us?"/Sylvan


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)

Ariarh looks toward the mist, still perplexed by it.

Ry's will save vs. the fey illusion: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

and she fails. boo.

"How are we going to get through this mist, Alaric?"


Female Human Cleric 1
Ariarh Kane wrote:

Ariarh

she fails. boo.

As a veteran player who has failed just about every critical save in the game, you have my condolences. My GM specifically designed a bard capable of charming the stuffing out of each and every member of our party, save the paladin cohort. And it worked.


male Tiefling Gestalt staff magus/weapon adept monk 5
Hermia Robin wrote:
Dain GM wrote:

You shake yourself in surprise, looking up at Gideon, leaning over you intently... You are cold, wet, and rain soaked, but there is no more surrounding mists, and everything seems as clean and fresh as a cold, rainy day.

Yet you hear a strange echoing laughter in the trees at this time...

"Master Gideon, it were a ward!" Hermia exclaims, grinning broadly. "The lords and ladies of the wood, they do not mean us any harm! Just that we should leave them in peace."

Hermia pauses and considers the quality of the laughter, and continues in Sylvan Sylvan"Good Lords and Ladies, did our display entertain more than my song? Will you treat with us?"/Sylvan

"Hermia, Hold on to the horses reins. and stay close. We've got to gather the others. I've already told the fey that we mean them no harm and invited them to talk, but thus far the only response has been the laughter."

Gideon then moves to Smendor,

Taking him by the shoulder and shaking him slightly he says firmly,

"Smendor! It's Gideon. None of it is real. Snap out of it."


Male Dwarf Shielded Fighter

Will:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


Male Dwarf Shielded Fighter

I assume that did not work, but all of his gear is fully peace tied.


Female Human Cleric 1

Hermia, passing fond of the quiet and authoritative Gideon, does as she is asked. She peers at the horse for a moment, wondering why its eyes have been blinded, but after a moment, recognizes that the illusion was not one of sound, it seemed, but sight.

"There there, uh... sir?" Hermia plies soothingly, petting its muzzle with no small amount of reservation. In the novels, the steeds heroes rode upon were invariably always stallions with some manner of inspiring name like 'Hemi' or 'Charger'. She looks about and spies Brett stalking after the lady Ariarh and Alaric.

"Master Gideon, pray pardon me, but were it really the best of ideas to send the volatile Master Brett to recover the others alone?" she questions.


male Tiefling Gestalt staff magus/weapon adept monk 5
Hermia Robin wrote:

Hermia, passing fond of the quiet and authoritative Gideon, does as she is asked. She peers at the horse for a moment, wondering why its eyes have been blinded, but after a moment, recognizes that the illusion was not one of sound, it seemed, but sight.

"There there, uh... sir?" Hermia plies soothingly, petting its muzzle with no small amount of reservation. In the novels, the steeds heroes rode upon were invariably always stallions with some manner of inspiring name like 'Hemi' or 'Charger'. She looks about and spies Brett stalking after the lady Ariarh and Alaric.

"Master Gideon, pray pardon me, but were it really the best of ideas to send the volatile Master Brett to recover the others alone?" she questions.

"They're just over there (Gideon points). We needed to seperate so that we could get everyone before the illusion has them do something ... unfortunate. Once one recognizes the nature of an illusion it's generally harmless."


I have not heard from Alaric at this time, and am quite ready to move the game forward, so I will make a roll for him via Willpower...

Alaric's Willpower Roll

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

here goes... something...


Everyone is able to shurg off the effects of the powerful spell, except for Smendor and Ariarh.

To you, you are no longer surrounded by friends; now the mist is glooming and dark, and is pushing toward you like tendrils of thick elements of fear and horror... As you look up, you see your friends are missing and you are surrounded by enemies! They are going to attack you, what do you do?


male Tiefling Gestalt staff magus/weapon adept monk 5
Dain GM wrote:

Everyone is able to shurg off the effects of the powerful spell, except for Smendor and Ariarh.

To you, you are no longer surrounded by friends; now the mist is glooming and dark, and is pushing toward you like tendrils of thick elements of fear and horror... As you look up, you see your friends are missing and you are surrounded by enemies! They are going to attack you, what do you do?

As I did with Brett, Ready an action to grapple him to keep him from hurting himself or us.

Gideon shakes Smendor slightly and speaks
"Smendor! Are you with me?"


Okay, we need to slow the pace down just a wee bit so we get what Smendor and Ariarh are planning on doing at this time... When they post it, we'll go from there...


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)

"Alaric? Alaric! Brett?!" Those closest to her were now gone. Ry rapidly scans about her and just in front of her sees the darkened mist moving forward, closing the gap between it and her. She spies figures, also, in a circumference around her. Where did they come from?! Ariarh's apprehension quickly rises. She's confused at what's happened to her friends. Why would they leave me alone? She fears the worst. Ry moves her hand to her hip and unsheathes the dragon tooth dagger. She holds it before her, defensively, not taking her eyes off the enemy.


Ariarh Kane wrote:

"Alaric? Alaric! Brett?!" Those closest to her were now gone. Ry rapidly scans about her and just in front of her sees the darkened mist moving forward, closing the gap between it and her. She spies figures, also, in a circumference around her. Where did they come from?! Ariarh's apprehension quickly rises. She's confused at what's happened to her friends. Why would they leave me alone? She fears the worst. Ry moves to her hand to her hip and unsheathes the dragon tooth dagger. She holds it before her, defensively, not taking her eyes off the enemy.

A giant bear is now growling in front of you... It attempts to assult you with a swipe of its heavy bear claw...

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

IF it hits...

1d4 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7


Dain GM wrote:
Ariarh Kane wrote:

"Alaric? Alaric! Brett?!" Those closest to her were now gone. Ry rapidly scans about her and just in front of her sees the darkened mist moving forward, closing the gap between it and her. She spies figures, also, in a circumference around her. Where did they come from?! Ariarh's apprehension quickly rises. She's confused at what's happened to her friends. Why would they leave me alone? She fears the worst. Ry moves to her hand to her hip and unsheathes the dragon tooth dagger. She holds it before her, defensively, not taking her eyes off the enemy.

A giant bear is now growling in front of you... It attempts to assult you with a swipe of its heavy bear claw...

1d20 + 4

IF it hits...

1d4 +6

A hit palptable hit! You have suffered 7 points of dammage, it appears! You may attempt a second save at this time... try NOT to roll a one please


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)

Ry is on the ground, holding her shoulder, feeling her blood seep from the wound. She tries to back up, scrambling as best as she can, but it's slow in her mind. The pain is excruciating. Her fear is palpable.

will save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Ry shakes her head. What...? She is dazed and still holding her shoulder for a minute before realising there is no blood and she hasn't been wounded by a bear. She let's her hand slide to her side. She leans back and lays on the wet ground.


Male Dwarf Shielded Fighter

Smendor will bull rush to break the line before him and move past.

Bull Rush1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15


Ariarh Kane wrote:

Ry is on the ground, holding her shoulder, feeling her blood seep from the wound. She tries to back up, scrambling as best as she can, but it's slow in her mind. The pain is excruciating. Her fear is palpable.

will save: 1d20+7

Ry shakes her head. What...? She is dazed and still holding her shoulder for a minute before realising there is no blood and she hasn't been wounded by a bear. She let's her hand slide to her side. She leans back and lays on the wet ground.

You wake up... shaking your head suddenly!

The bear is not there, and Brett and Alaric are desperately trying to wake Ariarh from her stupor...

She is awake, but reaches for her shoulder and finds beneath her clothes is a series of scratches from a bear's claw. The wounds are real, and you are bleeding from them!

Apperently you "felt" the pain so accutely in your mind that your body responds in real life...

You may try to heal yourself as you prefer...


male Tiefling Gestalt staff magus/weapon adept monk 5
Smendor wrote:

Smendor will bull rush to break the line before him and move past.

Bull Rush1d20+6

Gideon will use his readied action to grapple Smendor to the ground

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Note: I have improved Grapple so there is no attack of opportunity.


Bull Rush1d20+6

Smendor charges a shadowy figure, as he does he charges into a solidifying, towering Tree-like monster... It drops a huge fist on Smendor's head via Attack of Opportunity on the attack...

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

IF I hit...

2d6 + 9 ⇒ (6, 6) + 9 = 21


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)
Dain GM wrote:


You wake up... shaking your head suddenly!

The bear is not there, and Brett and Alaric are desperately trying to wake Ariarh from her stupor...

She is awake, but reaches for her shoulder and finds beneath her clothes is a series of scratches from a bear's claw. The wounds are real, and you are bleeding from them!

Apparently you "felt" the pain so acutely in your mind that your body responds in real life...

You may try to heal yourself as you prefer...

"Ouch. How ...?" Still partly dazed, Ariarh carefully feels around her wound. The scratches are somewhat deep and are paining her as she moves her arm... She casts a cure light spell on herself.

1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 (sighs. better than nothing. damn 1's.)


I may have confirmed... I shall re-roll for Smendor...

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15


male Tiefling Gestalt staff magus/weapon adept monk 5

I'm not sure how you want to play this out, but I had a readied action. When he started to bull rush me I would have jumped on him.
My CMD for the bull rush is 16 (18 for grapples)

ALso I'm pretty sure you can't crit on a combat maneuver. It's not actually an attack. He just has a very good chance of success with a nat 20.


Dain GM wrote:

I may have confirmed... I shall re-roll for Smendor...

1d20 +9

This does NOT confirm! The Treant has score a savage blow that seems to hav nearly pulped Smendor's skull... Though it hasn't effected his gear, it has effected Smendor's perception of his own damage...

I need Alaric, Smendor, and Gideon to roll Initiative...

Smendor, on your turn you have the chance to roll Willpower again... If you are succesful you will be able to try to "resist" the mist's effects... else you will be attacked again.

The "mist monster: Treant" will be going on Smendor's Initiative... Smendor, your first roll is to "disbelieve" and if you are succesful in that you shall awaken, or you shall suffer another round of combat with this creature.

Alaric and Gideon... if you are able to roll over Smendor, that's cool too...


male Tiefling Gestalt staff magus/weapon adept monk 5

Initiative1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Edit: Booya!


Gideon Samus Shaw wrote:

I'm not sure how you want to play this out, but I had a readied action. When he started to bull rush me I would have jumped on him.

My CMD for the bull rush is 16 (18 for grapples)

ALso I'm pretty sure you can't crit on a combat maneuver. It's not actually an attack. He just has a very good chance of success with a nat 20.

Smendor said he was trying to "break the line" when he was surrounded by creatures of mist. He also didn't see anyone but monsters around him, as did Ariarh. When he charged the "mist monster" he made his CMB against the "mist monster" not you... at which point the "mist monster" gains an attack of opportunity against Smendor, unless he had Improved Bull rush, which he does not have, at this time.

Smendor has taken real damage, in his mind. He feels the pain and suffers, though his gear does not. If he can break the illusion, he will be okay, with time, as would be standard in combat. You and Alaric have the chance to aid him break the illusion somehow, though you you can't use "aid another" there may be ways of dealing with it.

You are cunning enough to know that if Smendor cannot break the illusion he will still "feel" damage... and it may kill him, no matter what he does in the combat.

The "mist monster" was not using a combat manuever, it was using an attack of opportunity vs. his bullrush.


Gideon Samus Shaw wrote:

Initiative1d20+4

Edit: Booya!

Excellent! We need Alaric and Smendor... Even if Smendor goes before you, he still may get out of this with a succesful Will save... if not, he may be attacked again for damage.

FYI: I am extremely aware of how powerful these things are... for those of you who may be wondering.


male Tiefling Gestalt staff magus/weapon adept monk 5
Dain GM wrote:
Gideon Samus Shaw wrote:

I'm not sure how you want to play this out, but I had a readied action. When he started to bull rush me I would have jumped on him.

My CMD for the bull rush is 16 (18 for grapples)

ALso I'm pretty sure you can't crit on a combat maneuver. It's not actually an attack. He just has a very good chance of success with a nat 20.

Smendor said he was trying to "break the line" when he was surrounded by creatures of mist. He also didn't see anyone but monsters around him, as did Ariarh. When he charged the "mist monster" he made his CMB against the "mist monster" not you... at which point the "mist monster" gains an attack of opportunity against Smendor, unless he had Improved Bull rush, which he does not have, at this time.

Smendor has taken real damage, in his mind. He feels the pain and suffers, though his gear does not. If he can break the illusion, he will be okay, with time, as would be standard in combat. You and Alaric have the chance to aid him break the illusion somehow, though you you can't use "aid another" there may be ways of dealing with it.

You are cunning enough to know that if Smendor cannot break the illusion he will steel "feel" damage... and it may kill him, no matter what he does in the combat.

The "mist monster" was not using a combat manuever, it was using an attack of opportunity vs. his bullrush.

Gotcha. I thought I was the mist monster. lol.


Male Dwarf Shielded Fighter

Init:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20


Female Human Cleric 1

Hermia sees her allies attacking each other, and she attempts intervene with healing magics. She ordered Smendor to disarm because she thought that appearing warlike would frighten the fey creatures. It is, technically, her fault that Smendor cannot defend himself.

If you allow Hermia an action to heal people, her initiative is 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

Sorry I haven't chimed in before now, I wanted to keep the posts clean for people who were still affected by the illusions


male Tiefling Gestalt staff magus/weapon adept monk 5
Smendor wrote:
Init:1d20+1

Tie. My dex bonus is +2 and if it's relevant I have a trait bonus to Initiative (another +2)

WHoever has the higher dex bonus goes first in the case of a Tie.


Luckily, Smendor, Gideon has a higher Dexterity, so he gets to go before you and hopefully help you. Remember, the "mist monster" goes on the same round as YOU do... but not before you make a Will Save. In this case, it would be safer to go last... We shall see what Alaric does next... hopefully he can do something to help you, before you make the roll.


Hermia Robin wrote:

Hermia sees her allies attacking each other, and she attempts intervene with healing magics. She ordered Smendor to disarm because she thought that appearing warlike would frighten the fey creatures. It is, technically, her fault that Smendor cannot defend himself.

If you allow Hermia an action to heal people, her initiative is 1d20 + 1

Sorry I haven't chimed in before now, I wanted to keep the posts clean for people who were still affected by the illusions

Ariarh needs healing... From this point you basically see Smendor flailing about with his hands and staggering about groaning in seeming pain. You can't ascertain how much damage he has (massive head wound under his helmet, gear uneffected so it doesn't seem obvious), but you DO see that Ariarh had blood on her shirt and several slashes across her chest...


ALso I'm pretty sure you can't crit on a combat maneuver. It's not
Gotcha. I thought I was the mist monster. lol.

No... the "mist monster" was actually Old Man Weatherby who runs the old Haunted Amusement park... and he would have gotten away with it, too... if it hadn't been for you meddling kids and that mangy griffon!


male Tiefling Gestalt staff magus/weapon adept monk 5
Dain GM wrote:
Luckily, Smendor, Gideon has a higher Dexterity, so he gets to go before you and hopefully help you. Remember, the "mist monster" goes on the same round as YOU do... but not before you make a Will Save. In this case, it would be safer to go last... We shall see what Alaric does next... hopefully he can do something to help you, before you make the roll.

Jumping on SMendor to keep him from hurting himself.

Grapple 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Also If he doesn't come out of it I'll hold him until he comes to. Alternately if he doesn't come to in a few rounds (say 6 rounds) as part of the grapple action, I'll start to do unarmed (subdual) damage until he passes out. Unarmed strike damage is going to be D6+4. I can do subdual because of my monkness.

Off to bed now. WIll see how it turns out in the morning.

Edit: that roll blows. Will continue to chase him and grapple him until the situation is under control. Knocking him out only if the grappling isnt working or he's taking damage from his nightmares.


Male Dwarf Shielded Fighter

Will:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Male Dwarf Shielded Fighter

Smendor will withdraw at full speed.


Female Human Cleric 1

I nominate Smendor for the very first magical item Hermia will create - The magical helm of share will saves with the cleric :P lol


Since I have not heard from Alaric, and I am rather tired of waiting, I shall roll his Initative... Let's hope it is high enough to help Smendor...

Alaric's Initiative...

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13


Female Human Cleric 1

I don't know how Alaric fits in to all of this, and you never rolled his initiative, so... I gather that I am going to next? Sorry if this messes anything up.

After watching Smendor and Gideon struggle, and seeing that Ariarh has some manner of magical healing herself, Hermia prioritizes. Smendor's wounds, which are to his head, appear far greater, and she is feeling a built guilty for putting Smendor into the situation which he finds himself in now. Hermia releases her grip on the reins of the horse, and attempts to full run after Smendor to heal him with her channeling if he should recover from the effect.


Hermia Robin wrote:

I don't know how Alaric fits in to all of this, and you never rolled his initiative, so... I gather that I am going to next? Sorry if this messes anything up.

After watching Smendor and Gideon struggle, and seeing that Ariarh has some manner of magical healing herself, Hermia prioritizes. Smendor's wounds, which are to his head, appear far greater, and she is feeling a built guilty for putting Smendor into the situation which he finds himself in now. Hermia releases her grip on the reins of the horse, and attempts to full run after Smendor to heal him with her channeling if he should recover from the effect.

In point of fact, I now need your Initiative to see what, if anything, you do... Also, as far as you can tell... Smendor does not look hurt, only "drunk"... you cannot see any wounds on him as he has a helmet and there is no damage to the items. If you wish to help him, you can do so, possibly, but I need that done on your Initiatve, which you can roll at this time.


Smendor wrote:
Smendor will withdraw at full speed.

As the Mist Monster Treant has reach, it takes an Attack of Opportunity to you as you flee...

To hit...

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

IF I hit...

2d6 + 9 ⇒ (5, 2) + 9 = 16

Hermia, my apologies, I just saw your Initiative... you can go after Smendor to heal him, as of now he is charging backwards from, to you... is nothing but Gideon's perplexed face...


Female Human Cleric 1

Hermia releases the reins of the horse and takes a run action after Smendor so that she can attend him properly if and when he snaps out of the illusion.


Greetings all sorry that took so long.

Alaric casts sleep on Smendor.


Male Dwarf Shielded Fighter

sorry never got my HP for Level 3:

1d10 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12


Male Dwarf Shielded Fighter

He is at -6.

Fort Save:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22


Smendor wrote:

He is at -6.

Fort Save:1d20+6

...and nevermind on the sleep lol


As Smendor collapses to the ground into unconciousness his last thoughts are of dark creatures and strange shapes of shadow and fear... Yet now, as he has collapsed, he is unable to think anything, and the assults against his mind are halted even as he lays unconcious...

The rest of the group has hurried over to the stunned dwarf. Careful removal of his helmet reveals that his head is swollen with an ugly purple gash, and there is clotted blood under the metal cap that rests against his head.

He is clearly hurt at this time.. healing would not be amiss

Brett stands over him...

"Gods above! What is this madness that done this to him?"he asks anyone who listen.

Brett's eyes flick over everyone for a moment... The sound of weirding laughter comes over you, and you now here the sound of a strange piping blowing... Brett jerks his pistols and with a grim look moves toward the sound... it seems like it is comming from where the "mushroom circle" once was...

What does everyone else do at this time?


Female Human Cleric 1

Well, since apparently Smendor is laying on the ground, incapacitated, Hermia strides up to him, looses her pendulum and speaks a spell in celestial, not wishing to aggitate him further should he wake during the process.

Cure Light Wounds heals 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Edited to reflect that DM had posted while I was writing.


Female Human Cleric 1

When Brett pulls his pistols, Hermia shrieks "No! No further violence in this place!"

1,851 to 1,900 of 10,645 << first < prev | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dain's King Maker Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.