Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Dain's King Maker Chronicles

Game Master dain120475

Introduction

This is the Kingmaker Campaign, yet it is filled with many deviations from the boxed set. The "Campaign Information" page is meant as a quick resource to help sum up the thousands of posts quickly.


10,201 to 10,250 of 10,645 << first < prev | 200 | 201 | 202 | 203 | 204 | 205 | 206 | 207 | 208 | 209 | 210 | next > last >>

Female Changeling - Osirion Cleric 4/Oracle 3

Watching Ariarh move toward the apprentice Galen, Isani turns to survey the survivor groups and seeks out the familiar form of the Foreign Ambassador.

From conversation between the Lady Druid and herself, it was imperative the council and its advisors speak directly and intimately regarding the housing and welfare of their new allies. There was dissension among the refugees with the Yuan-ti being looked upon with distaste and distrust. How that would play out once they were transported to Saravale was a concern to the priestess. If the reception Arasmes has received within the capital sets a precedent then some of these creatures will have a hard road, she muses silently.

Finding Arasmes ibn'Fayad among the Yuan-ti, she lifts her hand in friendly gesture and to gain his attention and call him over. In low, heavily accented voice she speaks in the Common tongue,

"The Lady Ariarh and I have gained some information amid our visit to each survivor camp. It looks as though you have spoken with our new friends, as well. There are issues that must be discussed between our party sooner rather than later, sadiqi. Please join us when you are able."


Ariarh Kane wrote:
Noticing Galen milling about without much purpose for his teacher was deeply immersed in penning spells, Ariarh approaches the boy and speaks to him, "How goes it, Galen? Thank you for tending to the horses while we were on the island." Then gesturing to the various groups and crowds, she asks, "How do you find our new guests? I suppose with such diverse creatures there would be some deep thoughts and possible feelings of unrest ..."

”In point of fact – I am, frankly – uncertain,” Galen says – musing aloud.

”I have studied quite a bit of lore regarding the planar realms – and only know a few abstract things regarding Yuan-ti… and only through rumor; I confess – I don’t even know their full strengths or weaknesses, so – in truth, until I know more – I am cautious around them, and advise you to be so as well.”

”Rumor has it that they have a driving desire to destroy the realms of man – but I suspect this must be somewhat exaggerated – such plans are – at best – esoteric and impractical.”

”An action results in an equal reaction – the destruction of a realm would have consequences – but I doubt they would be positive for even the destroyers. Also, it seems to me that it is far more useful – and logical – to keep the entire realm of a Plane alive, and intact – but under permanent subjugation as slaves… After all – if we were dead and our Plane destroyed – what use would we serve, to them - or indeed, to anyone?” he adds, his voice flinty as he watches them under lidded eyes.

”But these creatures have shown nothing but a desire for logic; literally destroying a Plane is illogical. They also have a propensity for mental manipulation – clearly; which suggests keeping a species of beings alive as slaves may be easier then wiping out an entire Plane of existence."

"Of course - of their mental powers? In truth I do wonder how strong that power is. In short order – I suspect they do great mischief to many folk – I also think that rumors of their deeds and power may be exaggerated for purposes of military propaganda – imagine such a folk of magically inclined beings fighting against creatures such as elves? Elves - or even dwarves - would have great difficulty against them and their power – and, therefore – I suspect they may have been the ones to bandy such negative tales, though I cannot prove it.”

”Even so – I don’t trust them – but that is only because I don’t know them. I intend, therefore – to study them – to watch them – to record all that I see and observe – and, use that knowledge for my protection – and that of my comrades,” he adds the last, as if thinking aloud.

”As for the folk of our nation - and the ways they will receive these new outsiders? Let them argue – folk such as this Goodwyfe do nothing but talk – yet so long as they contain themselves and refrain from violence – then we have little to worry on. If you wish – appoint a citizen as a mediator for such debates – and have that person handle it. Now – as for the Yuan-ti themselves – and dealing with them specifically… ?

”With respect ImperatrixDraconic for “First Citizen” or “commander” – and, naturally – he is using the “feminine” mode – rather then the "masculine" mode. And clearly Draconic as it is both an ancient language of nobility and honor - and also - you are clearly aligned to a young dragon – and meanwhile no formal title has been given at this time – I should think that we should give them a bit of a wide berth – yet watch them. Is it not said that it is wise to keep your enemies close? We must bond them to us – and show them all courtesy – if they are allies, no harm will be done – if they are enemies – we will be in a better position to redress any injury. Of course – in this matter your will is law – but, you did ask for my opinion on the matter…” he says with a polite bow.


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)

Ariarh looks upon the apprentice boy with a new regard.

"You speak as though you are older, Galen. I mean no disrespect in saying this to you, it is just interesting to me to hear a mature, thoughtful evaluation from someone who is not quite yet full grown. And, too, you do not sound like the boy we left to watch the horses. I wonder ... How did you find the Draconic War Manual? Did you manage to finish reading it during your wait?"

After he answers, she will continue their conversation,

"You are correct in your presumption the Yuan-ti utilise logic as it was confirmed to me in a conversation with one of the pureblood warrior leaders. The mental manipulation and its scope is worrying to me for we have striven to build a land without slavery, and, to enslave another creature's mind can be the worst kind. Let us hope these mental powers are far exaggerated, yet let us not be naive. I shall be mindful and watchful, like you. Your suggestion of appointing a mediator in the village to oversee the welfare and dissatisfaction is very clever, Galen, and I shall take it to heart. Arasmes or Isani could fulfill the role well, I think. Unless you have another candidate in mind for the position? I shall have to give it more thought."

When Isani returns to her side after a conversation with Arasmes, Ariarh nods her head and gives her a quick smile. The Priestess had proven herself since their departure from Saravale and most certainly here on the island. They seemed to have forged an unspoken understanding and bond, and Ariarh would, upon return to Saravale, begin developing it and learning more about the Osirion Priestess.


Kyton-spawn Tiefling Evolutionist Summoner 7 (Noble) (Init +1 / F +7 R +4 W +7 / Perc. +11 / AC 14 /HP 53
Isani Isu wrote:

Watching Ariarh move toward the apprentice Galen, Isani turns to survey the survivor groups and seeks out the familiar form of the Foreign Ambassador.

From conversation between the Lady Druid and herself, it was imperative the council and its advisors speak directly and intimately regarding the housing and welfare of their new allies. There was dissension among the refugees with the Yuan-ti being looked upon with distaste and distrust. How that would play out once they were transported to Saravale was a concern to the priestess. If the reception Arasmes has received within the capital sets a precedent then some of these creatures will have a hard road, she muses silently.

Finding Arasmes ibn'Fayad among the Yuan-ti, she lifts her hand in friendly gesture and to gain his attention and call him over. In low, heavily accented voice she speaks in the Common tongue,

"The Lady Ariarh and I have gained some information amid our visit to each survivor camp. It looks as though you have spoken with our new friends, as well. There are issues that must be discussed between our party sooner rather than later, sadiqi. Please join us when you are able."

Arasmes would be happy to join in the meeting...

...unfortunately his player is feeling like Crap so is going to bed. Should be able to post sometime tomorrow.


Ariarh Kane wrote:

Ariarh looks upon the apprentice boy with a new regard.

"You speak as though you are older, Galen. I mean no disrespect in saying this to you, it is just interesting to me to hear a mature, thoughtful evaluation from someone who is not quite yet full grown. And, too, you do not sound like the boy we left to watch the horses. I wonder ... How did you find the Draconic War Manual? Did you manage to finish reading it during your wait?"

After he answers, she will continue their conversation,

"You are correct in your presumption the Yuan-ti utilise logic as it was confirmed to me in a conversation with one of the pureblood warrior leaders. The mental manipulation and its scope is worrying to me for we have striven to build a land without slavery, and, to enslave another creature's mind can be the worst kind. Let us hope these mental powers are far exaggerated, yet let us not be naive. I shall be mindful and watchful, like you. Your suggestion of appointing a mediator in the village to oversee the welfare and dissatisfaction is very clever, Galen, and I shall take it to heart. Arasmes or Isani could fulfill the role well, I think. Unless you have another candidate in mind for the position? I shall have to give it more thought."

When Isani returns to her side after a conversation with Arasmes, Ariarh nods her head and gives her a quick smile. The Priestess had proven herself since their departure from Saravale and most certainly here on the island. They seemed to have forged an unspoken understanding and bond, and Ariarh would, upon return to Saravale, begin developing it and learning more about the Osirion Priestess.

”Naturally – the draconic war manual was read – and yet not read. I find it valuable to read a document cover to cover first quickly – then, I intend to go through it a second time, trying to glean any knowledge or information from it that I may have missed.”

”When dealing with a text from another culture, I have discovered a certain inherent tendency to layer innuendo and subtle meaning throughout the pages – these nuances are even more pronounced with different species. A word can mean a thing – but more then one thing – and the first reading is not always the correct one. Even so – while I can admit I finished it once – multiple readings will no doubt reveal more detailed knowledge,” he says absently.

”As for these creatures? Magic is – as you know – a passion of mine. When you observe the creation of gates that can transship entire beings through more then space – but also time – then you start to consider the nuances of things far more complex then mere mental enslavement… It is a thing that doubly concerns me. As human have a unique place in the order of life – I wish to ensure that my own species is not trodden upon by other beings that are far more powerful. As such – I shall ensure that all precautions are taken when dealing with any species that threaten my own.”

”Now,” he says contemplatively ”regarding a mediator for the council? With respect, Imperatrix I would not waste the time of such powerful folk – let the task be given to someone who is better able to deal with the issue – someone who is more comfortable at home and is therefore more able to deal with the day-to-day minutia of these things. If we appointed it to one of the folk that are here with us – then they would only succeed at the task if they were – even now – at home to listen to an endless stream of nonsense from folk on a day to day basis. Folk such as Isani – and the Tiefilng – their powers are far too advantageous to have them sitting in a chamber all day while the borders of our land are in a state of flux. No – find one in the community that you trust to the task – even as you appointed that Tyrell fellow to the position of “Deputy Mayor” – he’s well liked, well known – but are there better folk for the job? Certainly – they ride with us now… he does not. If we left those folk at home to manage things while we were away – they could do the job well; but, their skills would be missed in the field. That is – of course – only a suggestion,” he adds.


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)

Ariarh nods her head in the affirmative. "Aye, you are right in this -- I must choose a person that can remain in Saravale and handle problems as they occur. Our party journeys constantly and it is not fair on the people of Saravale and on Isani or Arasmes. I have a few folk in mind that could take on the position. I shall seek them out on my return to Saravale. Once again, thank you for your counsel, Galen."

Recollecting his words on rereading the Draconic War Manual she answers, "On our ride back to Saravale I would have the book with me so I may read it. If you require a second reading, you may borrow the book once we're settled back home. Now ..."

looking about and not being able to see Ka'etil, she addresses both Isani and Galen, "The meeting may have to wait until Kae returns, and with him Clari, for I presume they are together. That leaves us with time to go back into the groups and make enquiries regarding the healers that may be present in each caste. I would like to catalogue the number so we may know what healing resources we have available to us. The journey home will take at least two weeks ... mayhap longer due the strong numbers travelling with us. So, we must be prepared. Galen? Will you come join us and circulate among the survivours? I am unsure what your teacher Shaezon has in mind for you this night, but I could do with another set of eyes and ears. I leave the decision to you. Isani are you ready ...?"


Ariarh Kane wrote:

Ariarh nods her head in the affirmative. "Aye, you are right in this -- I must choose a person that can remain in Saravale and handle problems as they occur. Our party journeys constantly and it is not fair on the people of Saravale and on Isani or Arasmes. I have a few folk in mind that could take on the position. I shall seek them out on my return to Saravale. Once again, thank you for your counsel, Galen."

Recollecting his words on rereading the Draconic War Manual she answers, "On our ride back to Saravale I would have the book with me so I may read it. If you require a second reading, you may borrow the book once we're settled back home. Now ..."

looking about and not being able to see Ka'etil, she addresses both Isani and Galen, "The meeting may have to wait until Kae returns, and with him Clari, for I presume they are together. That leaves us with time to go back into the groups and make enquiries regarding the healers that may be present in each caste. I would like to catalogue the number so we may know what healing resources we have available to us. The journey home will take at least two weeks ... mayhap longer due the strong numbers travelling with us. So, we must be prepared. Galen? Will you come join us and circulate among the survivours? I am unsure what your teacher Shaezon has in mind for you this night, but I could do with another set of eyes and ears. I leave the decision to you. Isani are you ready ...?"

Doubtless my master is deep in thought and studies intently his books. For myself? I am content to learn from new material - no magi ever learned a new spell simply by re-reading the same spellbook, after all..." he adds with a wry smile that looks strangely odd on his young face.

As you move off - you notice his chief point of observation, however - seems to be the Yuan-ti. He returns your Draconic War manual - and is busy copying and scribbling notes in his wiry handwriting in his own journal - no spellbook, but a simple ledger to copy pertinent information.

A quick glance over his shoulder is not halted, indeed - he seems to welcome your look - but it is no matter. All you can see when you glance is that whatever he is writing, is clearly encoded....

Still - he writes quickly, and with much detail - ever and again glancing at the Yuan-ti, and their strange practices around the fire and the small statues...


Kyton-spawn Tiefling Evolutionist Summoner 7 (Noble) (Init +1 / F +7 R +4 W +7 / Perc. +11 / AC 14 /HP 53

Arasmes is good to go but I will be off no later than 11 tonight. Had a pretty rough day.

So how may I be of assistance my Lady Ariarh?


Arasmes ibn'Fayad wrote:

Arasmes is good to go but I will be off no later than 11 tonight. Had a pretty rough day.

So how may I be of assistance my Lady Ariarh?

Did you have any specific plans for Arasmes tonight? Just let me know...


M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2

I forgot to say it, but yes Clari can use my bow.


Kyton-spawn Tiefling Evolutionist Summoner 7 (Noble) (Init +1 / F +7 R +4 W +7 / Perc. +11 / AC 14 /HP 53
Dain GM wrote:
Arasmes ibn'Fayad wrote:

Arasmes is good to go but I will be off no later than 11 tonight. Had a pretty rough day.

So how may I be of assistance my Lady Ariarh?

Did you have any specific plans for Arasmes tonight? Just let me know...

Just that I thought we were having an impromptu council meeting to discuss how to deal with the new arrivals. Other than that he is continuing to make nice with the new people.

Sometime during the time we have with the people Arasmes will also come around and introduce Caliphana to those she has not met. Specifically the gold kobolds and the Yuan-ti whom she has not formally met yet.

Gold Kobolds

Greetings again, Honored Ones. I wished to come and make formal introductions between your persons and my companion. This is Caliphana she is a being from beyond the known planes and has been my friend these many years.

Yuan-ti

Hello again. I realized that I had not come and introduced my companion formally to you and I apologize for the slight. This is Caliphana, a being from beyond the known planes. She has been a friend and partner for many years.


Shaezon Silverfall wrote:
I forgot to say it, but yes Clari can use my bow.

”The bow was already given – master. I made sure of it while you were studying,” Galen says to you absently.


Arasmes ibn'Fayad wrote:
Dain GM wrote:
Arasmes ibn'Fayad wrote:

Arasmes is good to go but I will be off no later than 11 tonight. Had a pretty rough day.

So how may I be of assistance my Lady Ariarh?

Did you have any specific plans for Arasmes tonight? Just let me know...

Just that I thought we were having an impromptu council meeting to discuss how to deal with the new arrivals. Other than that he is continuing to make nice with the new people.

Sometime during the time we have with the people Arasmes will also come around and introduce Caliphana to those she has not met. Specifically the gold kobolds and the Yuan-ti whom she has not formally met yet.

Gold Kobolds

Greetings again, Honored Ones. I wished to come and make formal introductions between your persons and my companion. This is Caliphana she is a being from beyond the known planes and has been my friend these many years.

There are some basic reactions to both you and Cali – to sum up:

1. The golden kobolds are (as you would recognize it) – like a combination of Samurai Culture mixed with a belief in quasi-divinity that the nobles possessed in ancient Egypt. This is because they have spent time fraternizing with the races of the lands of Tian Xi – and they have worked with the folk in Osiraini – specifically the Sphinxes, and a few Planar Creatures (notably Djinn).

As such – they are not overly impressed with Cali’s existence – however – they are happy to talk to you, and – if you are interested – discuss things more intimately. As for specific questions – they could answer you, but – for now – they are equally content to “Make Nice” with you.

They seem a bit arrogant – and perhaps racist – but you guess right away this is nothing personal. They are a unique race – they know it – and they are very proud of it. They aren’t rude – but as before – they are a bit “stand-offish” – their touch of polite superiority is a bit obnoxious – but no doubt you can cover that easily.

However – you notice that the more “basic” types – the younger ones, the less experienced – they are more eager to fraternize with anyone. Already at least one has left to talk specifically with Kae – if you have a particular bent/feel on what you’re looking for – give me more details – and we can go from there. I want to get you immersed in the culture/world, but it’s difficult if I don’t know what you’re looking for specifically.

2. The Yuan-ti are also not impressed with extra-planar travel – however, they are certainly not arrogant about it. Your presence – as a known Tiefling (should you even reveal it) doesn’t trouble them whatsoever. When they meet Cali they are as disturbed at her as they would be if you introduced a dwarf or a Giant. To them – it’s more about her shape, her size, her runic symbol – that sort of thing.

Toward that end – they would suggest it is impossible for you to need to apologize. Logic would suggest that you defeated their superiors – and you killed their masters. Logic suggests that you are superior to them, in at least virtue of might – therefore – you are more powerful, and they must obey you – for if you are not pleased with them, you can kill them, too. Therefore – you are effectively their mater. As such – you need not apologize – it is they that must seek to learn to obey.

I should think that you find them to be an odd race – in that they are extremely logical – almost “Vulcan-like” – being very pragmatic in their allies, their worship, their weapons – and their values. You might say less emotional – and more attached to the “reptilian” part of the brain (no coincidence intended on my part – I work with what I got).

Even so – there is a part of them that can be almost extremely passionate, if not outright sensuous – yet you suspect this is because (like half-elves, who are able to breed with human and elves, and suffer penalties that elves do AND humans do) – though they are clearly reptilian in many ways (you’d suspect they would suffer many penalties afforded to reptilians types from spellcasters) – you can clearly observe they are – for all intents and purposes – at least some level of mammal.

The females have breasts – and the purebloods have at least hair on their heads… This suggest a modest level of warm-bloodedness. It could be that their “emotional sensuality” is merely repressed passion that is there under the surface – but does not creep out except one and a while.

Several have left with your companions earlier – however – though I can answer questions directly – in game even – it is not easy to proceed without more information. For now – I hope this information has been helpful.


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)
Arasmes ibn'Fayad wrote:

Arasmes is good to go but I will be off no later than 11 tonight. Had a pretty rough day.

So how may I be of assistance my Lady Ariarh?

"Forgive me, Arasmes. I called a meeting only to find Kae and Clari gone to recruit folk for a hunting expedition come morning. As soon as they return we shall begin with our meeting. Yet the hour grows late and rest is required if we are to be clear headed and at full strength tomorrow."


"Blast Ry lass - we may want to go grab your "brother lad" - as it were - seems he got a little friendly-like with one o' them snake lasses, my girl here done think ol' Kae be eager to, shall we say - "make beautiful music?" Maybe ye ought to go pinch him quick so, at the least - he don't be tuckered out in the morning? Wouldn't want him to be tired for his big day," Brett adds the last with a shake of his head and roll of his eyes... but in this matter he leaves it up to you.


M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2
Dain GM wrote:
Shaezon Silverfall wrote:
I forgot to say it, but yes Clari can use my bow.
”The bow was already given – master. I made sure of it while you were studying,” Galen says to you absently.

"Thank you, Galen. Let me show you what I'm working on. I've almost figured out how to make two points into the same point temporarily allowing one to pass through. It's a bit disorienting, but still has great potential....** Show's notes, points to forumla, Discussion of magical formula around space folding**"


M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2

Shae will ask Mister to use his Detect Magic supernatural ability to sweep over our new guests as discretelly as possible. It's a supernatural ability so therer will be no outward sign he's doing anything, as opposed to Shae's spellcasting which would have somatic and verbal components. Shae is mostly curious if any of them have ongoing spell effects, which could indicate that one is a spellcaster. If one or more are uncovered Shae merely wants to have a discussion about spellcraft and possibly recruit them for the school he intends to start.


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)
Brett Rowan wrote:
"Blast Ry lass - we may want to go grab your "brother lad" - as it were - seems he got a little friendly-like with one o' them snake lasses, my girl here done think ol' Kae be eager to, shall we say - "make beautiful music?" Maybe ye ought to go pinch him quick so, at the least - he don't be tuckered out in the morning? Wouldn't want him to be tired for his big day," Brett adds the last with a shake of his head and roll of his eyes... but in this matter he leaves it up to you.

"Aye, Anaitis just informed Isani and I of this situation. The Yuan-ti female is called Kemat. Come, let us find him before it gets to that point. Desire or not, this is no time for such dalliances and he should know better. Well, that is, if he is in his right mind."

She shakes her head, she had no time for this recklessness. If Kemat has persuaded him with her mental magic ... she will need to account for it and accept the consequences. If Kae went into this liason with a clear head (well clear enough except for lust), then she would have to deal with that too.

"He was with Clari the last time I saw him. We need to find them now." She begins walking purposefully toward the Yuan-ti camp, except not to speak with the warrior leader, but to find her friend and General and his childhood companion, Clari.


M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2
Ariarh Kane wrote:
Brett Rowan wrote:
"Blast Ry lass - we may want to go grab your "brother lad" - as it were - seems he got a little friendly-like with one o' them snake lasses, my girl here done think ol' Kae be eager to, shall we say - "make beautiful music?" Maybe ye ought to go pinch him quick so, at the least - he don't be tuckered out in the morning? Wouldn't want him to be tired for his big day," Brett adds the last with a shake of his head and roll of his eyes... but in this matter he leaves it up to you.

"Aye, Anaitis just informed Isani and I of this situation. The Yuan-ti female is called Kemat. Come, let us find him before it gets to that point. Desire or not, this is no time for such dalliances and he should know better. Well, that is, if he is in his right mind."

She shakes her head, she had no time for this recklessness. If Kemat has persuaded him with her mental magic ... she will need to account for it and accept the consequences. If Kae went into this liason with a clear head (well clear enough except for lust), then she would have to deal with that too.

"He was with Clari the last time I saw him. We need to find them now." She begins walking purposefully toward the Yuan-ti camp, except not to speak with the warrior leader, but to find her friend and General.

As Ariah begins to walk off Shae calls out to her, "Lady Ariah, when you return I'd like to discuss a small matter with you. No rush, I just wanted to be somewhere on your schedule." The latter was said with a slight grin indicating he's poking fun slightly.


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)
Shaezon Silverfall wrote:
As Ariah begins to walk off Shae calls out to her, "Lady Ariarh, when you return I'd like to discuss a small matter with you. No rush, I just wanted to be somewhere on your schedule." The latter was said with a slight grin indicating he's poking fun slightly.

Ariarh turns slightly on her heel at the sound of the wizard's voice and listens to his request. She nods her head in the affirmative, noting his light jest regarding her busy schedule. "When I return, we shall speak Shaezon. My apologies as this evening has been filled with many endeavours. We will hopefully speak soon."


M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2
Ariarh Kane wrote:
Shaezon Silverfall wrote:
As Ariah begins to walk off Shae calls out to her, "Lady Ariarh, when you return I'd like to discuss a small matter with you. No rush, I just wanted to be somewhere on your schedule." The latter was said with a slight grin indicating he's poking fun slightly.
Ariarh turns slightly on her heel at the sound of the wizard's voice and listens to his request. She nods her head in the affirmative, noting his light jest regarding her busy schedule. "When I return, we shall speak Shaezon. My apologies as this evening has been filled with many endeavours. We will hopefully speak soon."

"It's no rush. It's more a matter of long-term planning. I wanted to get your view on something before I brought it to the council when we return. That's all. " Shae says casually as he goes about his work.


Shaezon Silverfall wrote:
Dain GM wrote:
Shaezon Silverfall wrote:
I forgot to say it, but yes Clari can use my bow.
”The bow was already given – master. I made sure of it while you were studying,” Galen says to you absently.
"Thank you, Galen. Let me show you what I'm working on. I've almost figured out how to make two points into the same point temporarily allowing one to pass through. It's a bit disorienting, but still has great potential....** Show's notes, points to forumla, Discussion of magical formula around space folding**"

"This does indeed have great potential..." Galen muses.

"For example - does this application increase speed exponentially - or does it merely fold or remove space, allowing you to exist in a place you would travel to, now there instantly as space has been removed?"

"The reasons are many - but consider - if it is a matter of increasing speeds, then it could - theoretically - if aligned in various stages and subsequent gates - provide a permanent energy source... yet if allows us to remove space, or "bend it" - so that the spacial relations between two given points have been negated - then we are at once in a place, then the next place - and there is nothing to prevent our journey..."

"Of course - if we are working under the metamagical assumption that the removal of space, and everything occupies that space - for the purpose of the teleporting oneself between two given points - logic would suggest that all variables and parameters of the spacial relations are removed - but that would - of course - include the elements of time. Naturally you would not age while traveling between two given points - if those points were on a linear singularity then you would be able to travel the entire world at once, with nothing to hinder you - but this presupposes, of course - that our entire world and all that is on it - is on a flat or ever existing plane."

"Naturally we know this to be incorrect - that there are multiple planes of existence - potentially infinite planes - in which case - we could theoretically travel to the plane of existence where this world exists exactly as we know it - only at a variable of time removed - in laymen's term - we could theoretically move through fixed areas if there was no space, certainly the space which occupies all things could be assumed to occupy time, which is a measurement of forward momentum - and that would seem to suggest that these gates would allow us travel through time itself."

"Naturally this leads to the fundamental paradox of such traveling - for certainly, if someone had traveled before us - we would have heard of it before now, as it would have already happened, because our plane is on a fixed dimension of forward movement - and we wouldn't have the option of knowing what might have happened, unless we were outside the existence of this plane as an observer. But in which case - our own momentum would have to exist before this realm's finite push had occurred - so we could see both variables - the "before and after" - as it were."

Galen looks up at you with a small shrug.

"These fundamental principles are likely boring you - as, no doubt - you've studied the matter long before I was even born. Even so - I find it both refreshing and a bit stimulating to go over basic lessons in my mind; little puzzles and so on help keep the brain sharp for true challenges... Even so; thank you for sharing with me your notes, I find them interesting, and am curious to see application put to task."


Shaezon Silverfall wrote:
Shae will ask Mister to use his Detect Magic supernatural ability to sweep over our new guests as discretelly as possible. It's a supernatural ability so therer will be no outward sign he's doing anything, as opposed to Shae's spellcasting which would have somatic and verbal components. Shae is mostly curious if any of them have ongoing spell effects, which could indicate that one is a spellcaster. If one or more are uncovered Shae merely wants to have a discussion about spellcraft and possibly recruit them for the school he intends to start.

1. The kobolds - gold and silver - have a minor ambient magical aura - but nothing overt. You suspect this is consistent with "magical creatures" - like a dragon. They are not practicing any magic now, but merely sitting about.

2. Of the Yuan-ti - the only one with magical gear is Anaitis - when no one searched the bodies of the fallen, Brett did, and gave her the "Second in command's sword and breastplate" - they are for all intents and purposes - a +2 sword, a +2 Breastplate - nothing more remarkable then that, but it is not surprising that none of the prisoners had magical equipment when they were in their cells.

3. The Yuan-ti do have a few folk that are practicing weird rituals. Several of them are engaged in what seems to be chanting and the inhaling of incenses - yet you think is basically a meditative practice.

There are a few that have lit candles and put them around a crude stone idol or statue - this is not a magical practice - but it may have some sort of religious meaning to it - the statue itself does not seem any more "magical" then a holy symbol might - and doesn't even give off an aura.

The Apes, as you may guess - have no specific magic at this time - though you may observe some later, perhaps - depending on what you do, and what THEY do...


M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2
Dain GM wrote:
Shaezon Silverfall wrote:
Dain GM wrote:
Shaezon Silverfall wrote:
I forgot to say it, but yes Clari can use my bow.
”The bow was already given – master. I made sure of it while you were studying,” Galen says to you absently.
"Thank you, Galen. Let me show you what I'm working on. I've almost figured out how to make two points into the same point temporarily allowing one to pass through. It's a bit disorienting, but still has great potential....** Show's notes, points to forumla, Discussion of magical formula around space folding**"

"This does indeed have great potential..." Galen muses.

"For example - does this application increase speed exponentially - or does it merely fold or remove space, allowing you to exist in a place you would travel to, now there instantly as space has been removed?"

"The reasons are many - but consider - if it is a matter of increasing speeds, then it could - theoretically - if aligned in various stages and subsequent gates - provide a permanent energy source... yet if allows us to remove space, or "bend it" - so that the spacial relations between two given points have been negated - then we are at once in a place, then the next place - and there is nothing to prevent our journey..."

"Of course - if we are working under the metamagical assumption that the removal of space, and everything occupies that space - for the purpose of the teleporting oneself between two given points - logic would suggest that all variables and parameters of the spacial relations are removed - but that would - of course - include the elements of time. Naturally you would not age while traveling between two given points - if those points were on a linear singularity then you would be able to travel the entire world at once, with nothing to hinder you - but this presupposes, of course - that our entire world and all that is on it - is on a flat or ever existing plane."

"Naturally we know this to be...

Shaezon listens patiently nodding where appropriate.

"Fundamentals are extremely important. I studied them for over fifteen years extensively. Such is the way of elven magic and that is part of the reason for our magic's potency. So yes, I have heard them before, but I am happy to go over them again. I am your teacher and that part of my task. "
"That being said, you think too much. This is spatial travel, not time. One could set up a gateway, but their are better ways to accomplish the same goal. Using this spell would be short distance at best and ... *shaezon considers the right word a moment* inelegant. You can use a broadsword to slice a turkey leg, but a dagger is far more effective with much less effort and far less messy. It's true that magic is formula and pseudo-science (an accurate word I think and not an insult given the context.). However, it is an artform that occationally defies the theory. You'll learn in time that it is a force that can be as mutable and capricious as a lover. If you treat it the wrong way it can be far more scornful. You will learn in time that Hell hath no fury like a woman scorn."

Shae lets the latter hang in the air as a less-than subtle warning.

(Sorry for the mildly sexist comments. It's just a dark ages mentality metaphor.)


Kyton-spawn Tiefling Evolutionist Summoner 7 (Noble) (Init +1 / F +7 R +4 W +7 / Perc. +11 / AC 14 /HP 53

Not meaning to be the materialistic weasel of the bunch but am I the only one wanting to know why Anaitis just got 12000gp worth of gear?


Arasmes ibn'Fayad wrote:
Not meaning to be the materialistic weasel of the bunch but am I the only one wanting to know why Anaitis just got 12000gp worth of gear?

I believe that is the case...


Shaezon Silverfall wrote:
Dain GM wrote:
Shaezon Silverfall wrote:
Dain GM wrote:
Shaezon Silverfall wrote:
I forgot to say it, but yes Clari can use my bow.
”The bow was already given – master. I made sure of it while you were studying,” Galen says to you absently.
"Thank you, Galen. Let me show you what I'm working on. I've almost figured out how to make two points into the same point temporarily allowing one to pass through. It's a bit disorienting, but still has great potential....** Show's notes, points to forumla, Discussion of magical formula around space folding**"

"This does indeed have great potential..." Galen muses.

"For example - does this application increase speed exponentially - or does it merely fold or remove space, allowing you to exist in a place you would travel to, now there instantly as space has been removed?"

"The reasons are many - but consider - if it is a matter of increasing speeds, then it could - theoretically - if aligned in various stages and subsequent gates - provide a permanent energy source... yet if allows us to remove space, or "bend it" - so that the spacial relations between two given points have been negated - then we are at once in a place, then the next place - and there is nothing to prevent our journey..."

"Of course - if we are working under the metamagical assumption that the removal of space, and everything occupies that space - for the purpose of the teleporting oneself between two given points - logic would suggest that all variables and parameters of the spacial relations are removed - but that would - of course - include the elements of time. Naturally you would not age while traveling between two given points - if those points were on a linear singularity then you would be able to travel the entire world at once, with nothing to hinder you - but this presupposes, of course - that our entire world and all that is on it - is on a flat or ever existing plane."

"Naturally we know

...

"As I said - it was merely theory. Magic is only a tool - I've heard that before. But it is a powerful tool - to ascribe it any passion seems unusual - it is not a personality - to take steps to redress a wrong, it is what it is. Or is that incorrect? Does magic have a personality that, if not obeyed, would take some sort of redress on us?"

"Magic is very limited - it has very limited powers - so much so that a spellcaster has the advantage of knowing an explosion of fire - a spellcaster knows the range of the explosion - to the very foot and even inch. A spell such as Mage Hand - it has a limited amount of range, and a specific power of pressure which exerts foot-pounds on a given point. Provided, of course - that point is restricted - not by imagination - but by very specific rules..."

"All magic has rules - because it is a mathematical formula of power - or so I thought... But, as stated - you are the teacher. If you suggest that Magic is a force of Power that must be not only listened to, studied, but treated with a certain level of respect and honor - and that if we disrespect magic it will turn a violent eye toward us... That would seem that Magic is a god, rather then a force of nature. This is confusing to me - for I never believed, until now - that magic would be so, so... well; for a lack of better words - so "personable"... If am misreading your metaphor - please let me know where my error is, sir."

Again - Galen may seem rather dry - but he is still interested in learning, he is just confused at your recent statement.


M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2
Dain GM wrote:
Arasmes ibn'Fayad wrote:
Not meaning to be the materialistic weasel of the bunch but am I the only one wanting to know why Anaitis just got 12000gp worth of gear?
I believe that is the case...

No, but I've harped on money quite a bit already. I don't want to sound like a broken record. I'm waiting until we get to the flash forward to ask about all the money (this included). If someone wanted to take care of that issue I'd be grateful. Consider it spoils of war and part of the price of taking in the refugees. No doubt that many people will be expensive to care for.


Shaezon Silverfall wrote:
Dain GM wrote:
Arasmes ibn'Fayad wrote:
Not meaning to be the materialistic weasel of the bunch but am I the only one wanting to know why Anaitis just got 12000gp worth of gear?
I believe that is the case...
No, but I've harped on money quite a bit already. I don't want to sound like a broken record. I'm waiting until we get to the flash forward to ask about all the money (this included). If someone wanted to take care of that issue I'd be grateful. Consider it spoils of war and part of the price of taking in the refugees. No doubt that many people will be expensive to care for.

I've been on Skype for a while - if you'd like to talk, you know how to reach me.


M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2
Dain GM wrote:

"As I said - it was merely theory. Magic is only a tool - I've heard that before. But it is a powerful tool - to ascribe it any passion seems unusual - it is not a personality - to take steps to redress a wrong, it is what it is. Or is that incorrect? Does magic have a personality that, if not obeyed, would take some sort of redress on us?"

"Magic is very limited - it has very limited powers - so much so that a spellcaster has the advantage of knowing an explosion of fire - a spellcaster knows the range of the explosion - to the very foot and even inch. A spell such as Mage Hand - it has a limited amount of range, and a specific power of pressure which exerts foot-pounds on a given point. Provided, of course - that point is restricted - not by imagination - but by very specific rules..."

"All magic has rules - because it is a mathematical formula of power - or so I thought... But, as stated - you are the teacher. If you suggest that Magic is a force of Power that must be not only listened to, studied, but treated with a certain level of respect and honor - and that if we disrespect magic it will turn a violent eye toward us... That would seem that Magic is a god, rather then a force of nature. This is confusing to me - for I never believed, until now - that magic would be so, so... well; for a lack of better words - so "personable"... If am misreading your metaphor - please let me know where my error is, sir."

Again - Galen may seem rather dry - but he is still interested in learning, he is just confused at your recent statement.

Shae lets Galen work through some of his confusion out loud and smiles pleasantly as he does.

"It's complicated apprentice. It is both a tool composed of formula and it is, as you say, personable. Nothing as simple as a tangible personality or a god per-se, though there are gods and other beings involved at times. Think of it this way: If you disrespect a hurricane and don't take proper precautions it will end you with much violence but no malice. You must understand it to know how to work with it. The same can be said for a lover. If you disrespect her, presumably, and don't know how to work with her, she too might end you violently but probably with much malice. Magic is both the hurricane and the lover. Powerful, Fierce, and not to be trifled with."

Shaezon chuckles a bit at Galen's no doubt confused expression and pats him gently on the shoulder.

"Don't concern yourself too much past the basics at this time, apprentice. Just know that magic has an ebb and flow that can be interpreted as a personality. You must understand your true place in the ebb and flow as opposed to where you may think your place is or want it to be. To do otherwise is won't end well for you. Formula is simple enough for you, but I suspect this will be significantly more difficult. Open yourself up to life and understanding will come with time and practice. It is easier to understand fire magic, for example, if you understand not just the mechanics of that volcano *pointing*, but also the spirit of the place. Just as understanding charm magic is easier when you've experienced what it is to be charmed by a young lady who is bereft of spell casting ability. I suppose the lesson here is to occasionally get your nose out of your books so you can better understand the world around you. There is more to life than that which can be written. It will help, not hinder, your magical ability."

Passionate and poetic enough? ;-)


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)

Are we going to play out searching and finding Ka'etil? Just wondering...

Ry's Perception to discover the whereabouts of Ka'etil: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29

Isani's Perception as she is with Ariarh and helping in the search for the General: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26


Ariarh Kane wrote:

Are we going to play out searching and finding Ka'etil? Just wondering...

Ry's Perception to discover the whereabouts of Ka'etil: 1d20+11

Isani's Perception as she is with Ariarh and helping in the search for the General: 1d20+7

Oh - you find him - he's on his board... Good read the last few posts and kick up some trouble :)


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)

Ariarh spies the half elf a little distance away, his familiar tall stature and lean frame apparent, illuminated by the firelight. He seemed deep in conversation and his hands were travelling along the Yuan-ti's face and arms in such an intimate manner. I have never seen him act this way around a female. I know he longs for a companion yet he has shown no interest before Kemat that I am aware of, Ariarh muses privately.

The Yuan-ti female, from this vantage point, seemed to be enjoying his advances, her own body pressed up, almost coiled around his. A blush spread across Ry's cheeks for she felt the heat of it ... I do not want to interrupt this kind of physical intimacy yet he should not be acting this liberally with one we have just rescued and know nothing about...It is reckless.

Before things became more uncomfortable for her, and, Kae and Kemat became more demonstrative in their advances, Ariarh clears her throat and proceeds with a lightness, "There you are, General Ka'etil. I am glad our paths have crossed for I would have a private word to you and Clari. Where is she by the way?" Ariarh keeps her tone steady, hoping to return Kae to his senses and to the business at hand and not the dalliance with the Yuan-ti female.


Male Half-Elf Invulnerable Rager 2/Crossblooded Envenomed+Draconic Sorcerer 1/ Trapper Ranger 1/Rage-Vivisectionist 2/Dragon Disciple 1

Kae immediately snaps to, and after a brief glance moving from Kemat, to his hand, to Ariarh, Kae raises his eyebrow briefly. "Kemat, I need a moment with Ariarh. But it is late, and while I would very much enjoy seeing several of my recent acquaintances demonstrate their talents, I believe you are right in that tonight may not be the best time to hunt. I shall be riding out in the morning, and i would appreciate it if you would introduce me to the warriors you spoke of that I may take a tact that your people will better appreciate, and gather a hunting party to scout."

Kae takes his leave of Kemat, and then when they are separate from others, he whispers to Arairh, "What exactly do you need to speak to speak to Clari and I about. Please pardon me, but am I correct in assuming that you were taking note of Kemat's . . . foreword behavior. What was it that CLari discussed with you, sister".

Oh gods, what did Clari tell her? Kae is uncomfortable and somewhat confused about Ariarh bring up Clari in particular when she interrupted what Kae suspects could have been a rare...encounter... "From what I heard, Anuk-su is rather insistent that Clari and I are family, siblings, in fact. You should be aware that there is rather significant tension between Clari and I, so what is it that suggests that my personal affairs be a concern of hers?"

Kae certainly misunderstands Ariarh's concern, as he does not know what all Clari told Ariarh about, and probably needs some clarification.


Kyton-spawn Tiefling Evolutionist Summoner 7 (Noble) (Init +1 / F +7 R +4 W +7 / Perc. +11 / AC 14 /HP 53
Dain GM wrote:
Arasmes ibn'Fayad wrote:
Dain GM wrote:
Arasmes ibn'Fayad wrote:

Arasmes is good to go but I will be off no later than 11 tonight. Had a pretty rough day.

So how may I be of assistance my Lady Ariarh?

Did you have any specific plans for Arasmes tonight? Just let me know...

Just that I thought we were having an impromptu council meeting to discuss how to deal with the new arrivals. Other than that he is continuing to make nice with the new people.

Sometime during the time we have with the people Arasmes will also come around and introduce Caliphana to those she has not met. Specifically the gold kobolds and the Yuan-ti whom she has not formally met yet.

Gold Kobolds

Greetings again, Honored Ones. I wished to come and make formal introductions between your persons and my companion. This is Caliphana she is a being from beyond the known planes and has been my friend these many years.

There are some basic reactions to both you and Cali – to sum up:

1. The golden kobolds are (as you would recognize it) – like a combination of Samurai Culture mixed with a belief in quasi-divinity that the nobles possessed in ancient Egypt. This is because they have spent time fraternizing with the races of the lands of Tian Xi – and they have worked with the folk in Osiraini – specifically the Sphinxes, and a few Planar Creatures (notably Djinn).

As such – they are not overly impressed with Cali’s existence – however – they are happy to talk to you, and – if you are interested – discuss things more intimately. As for specific questions – they could answer you, but – for now – they are equally content to “Make Nice” with you.

They seem a bit arrogant – and perhaps racist – but you guess right away this is nothing personal. They are a unique race – they know it – and they are very proud of it. They aren’t rude – but as before – they are a bit “stand-offish” – their touch of polite superiority is a bit obnoxious – but no doubt you...

Arasmes wasn't trying to impress them with Caliphana but she is a friend and he would be remiss if he did not introduce her.


M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2

You can see Shae milling about the various groups. Details are in my thread, but everyone can see him milling about.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Timeline for National Barony – 4711

Gozran

- Party divides, seeks to disrupt and destroy a smuggling of goods/gear regarding narcotics being brought into town – capture principles and narcotics.
- Remainder of party remains in town to deal with local troubles; specifically creatures in the swamp – and other incidentals on or around town.
- Party discovers evidence of Silver Kobolds – Silver Dragon and Silver Kobolds head south to find out if their kinfolk still live – party remains in town trying to figure out what to do.
- Party advances south soon after Silver Kobolds and Silver Dragon to aid them.
- Party reaches and meets with wolf-pack that is supposedly escaped from barbarians to the east – makes peace with wolf tribe – and continues to advance south.
-
Desnus

- Party discovers "haunted lake" – advances across via cover of darkness and breaks up cult from their actions at lake on last day of new moon.
- Party pushes across lake in morning to west coast of lake – party destroys ruined city to the west – and liberates great amount of folk.
- Party brings folk back across the lake – makes camp and prepares to advance north in the morning (the second).
- Party begins journey north – at best pace, the party moves at fastest walking speed – and returns north to their city after 40 hours of travel (RE: 5 days).
- Party returns to Cloudwatch Keep/Sarahvale on or about the 7th.
- Party discovers that there was massive – potentially terrible - disaster that was barely averted by Deputy Mayor Drake.

Nature of Disaster –

Drake informs the party at on the 1st of Desnus – when the collections were taken via the taxes – and all other formal arrangements that must occur on or during the first of the month – that formally the town was in dire straits.

With no formal Council in the town to mediate – and hardly any money in the treasury to pay off the massive debts – and no specific provisions made or detailed via the expenses – Drake informs the Party that the City’s End of Income Phase occurred while they were gone – with no specific instructions – and at the beginning of the Income Phase there was no specific instructions – the city was on the verge of revolution with no specific leadership to counterman the massive damage done to the community.

Drake informs the Party that he took drastic steps to circumvent this problem – and therefore determined the best course of action was to do the following; namely – search the paperwork and city records – and find what the city could do to make money and fix the issue. He discovered in the records that there was evidence of an untapped Gold Mine – and issued an “Edict” which would allow the mine to be tapped and worked on – so that by the end of the month some order could be utilized by providing the citizens work.

He suggests that – by the end of the month - Desnus – something will need to be done as you now formally have the provisions in place for the gold to be mined. As you are now home – the burden falls to you on what needs to be done.

As of now I'm operating under the opinion that the nation is formally Neutral Good. Further - there have been some tentative interests in Council positions. I need a listing of who fills those positions soon, so I can reformat the sheet for your capital. Once that is taken care of - you'll have the listing of DC's set up. It should be noted; as Shaezon has left the party - and is not likely to be back soon - having him NPC'd as a Council Member seems illogical at this time. Therefore - it would be best to elect someone from the local town's NPC's - providing you want that position filled.

Remember; you have time for this - technically - as the month of Desna's rolls have already been taken care of. It is the beginning of next month that rolls start formally for the nation. Good luck.


Kyton-spawn Tiefling Evolutionist Summoner 7 (Noble) (Init +1 / F +7 R +4 W +7 / Perc. +11 / AC 14 /HP 53

I would suggest Selendria for magister position. Either that or I can take it if there are those more suited to diplomat or councilor. Any of the three I would be happy to fulfill.

So far I believe it is:

Ruler-Ariarh
Councilor-OPEN or Arasmes or Patty Ironhorse?
Grand Diplomat-OPEN or Arasmes or Lily Banks?
Magister-OPEN or Arasmes or Selendria
General-Kae
Spymaster-Brett
High Priest(ess)-Isani
Marshal-OPEN or Ryul or Sylvath or Tucker/Billy Banks
Warden-OPEN or Glaidus or Sylvath

Let me know what you guys think about each person so we can get it hammered out.

Here is a great quick summary of the rules for kingdom building if anyone wants to see them.


Male Half-Elf Invulnerable Rager 2/Crossblooded Envenomed+Draconic Sorcerer 1/ Trapper Ranger 1/Rage-Vivisectionist 2/Dragon Disciple 1

Herels my vote.

Ruler-Ariarh
Councilor-Patty Ironhorse?
Grand Diplomat-Arasmes
Magister-Selendria
General-Kae
Spymaster-Brett
High Priest(ess)-Isani
Marshal-Tucker
Warden-Sylvath

Treasurer-Oleg

As such we don't have two people from the same family acting in on the council. We also have the situation with the guilds.

Is Selendria in the healer's guild, and will that be a problem?

we also need edicts for getting money from deville, etc. and we should clear the questionable goods out of our treasury. lets see if we can have Grish export them, preferably to anywhere other than ustalav or oriron, cause we seem to have issue with those two nations. SO lets send the stuff elsewhere, yeah?

Dain mentioned some of the stuff had been sold, and we've agreed to give some of the stuff to the medical guild and such, so can we get an updated list of the goods in our treasury?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Brief response -

1. Selendria has already been put on the Healing Guild - and is a mother of two - and not eager to have two jobs and a household at this time.

2. Patty Ironhorse is also a mother - and generally has to take care of her family while her husband is doing sword-work as a mercenary. Also - her "statistics" for that particular skill is not very high...

3. Regarding money from DeVille and gear in Treasury: To facilitate a smoother transition to formal rules - all of those things have been completely liquidated. That decision kept your nation afloat - but it eliminated extra wealth/troubles in the coming month. There is no specific issues with those items - as they are gone; and your nation has "broken even".

However - there is a fairly large list of potential candidates for hire for folk on the Council - they include -

Hester Goodwyfe Housewife Human LN 47
Ohe-teyhr Cleaner/Massage Aquatic Elf CN 98
Grishnak Trader/Black Market Half-Orc CN 43
Vincent DeVille Casino Owner Human CN 45
Mister “Wu” Pig Farmer Human? -- ?
Phinneas Higonbothom Lawyer Gnome LN 178
Colleen Rourke Bard/Devotee to Erastil Human NG 29
Allen Harper Journalist/Courier Service Human NG 45
Ulric Stevon Bounty Hunter Human LN 32
Argyle Mornay Bounty Hunter Human True Neutral 43
Thomas “Tom” Fletcher Paladin under Sir Sylvath Human LG 19
Sir Sylvath Captain - Knights of Apsu Silver Kobold LG 18
Ryul Ranger Silver Kobold NG 17
Glaidus Fighter Silver Kobold CG 17
Adjt Magus Silver Kobold LN 22
Grymm Fighter Silver Kobold CN 29
Rhett Bounty-Hunter/Monk Silver Kobold NG 13 (17)
Jaxx (female Bounty-hunter/Rogue Silver Kobold CG 12 (15)
Khang Warrior/Monk Apeman – Chimp True Neutral 23
Grod Barbarian Apeman - Gor. CN 25
Kaht Barbarain Apeman – Gor. CG 18
Dhoj Barbarian Apeman – Chimp CG 22
Tohk Barbarian/Ranger Apeman – Chimp CG 14
Satoru Warrior Golden Kobold LG 24
Taedo Wako/Warrior Golden Kobold LN 16
Akiko Oracle/Bard Golden Kobold CG 14
Seht Warrior/Assassin Yuan-ti LN 22
Kemat Warrior Yuan-ti True Neutral 17
Su-Namun Priestess Yuan-ti CN 18
Sedge Assassin Yuan-ti LN 16

It should be noted that their "job descriptions" would be how you observe them - not necessarily "by the book" titles. For example - a "wako" - may be an actual class - but is more likely a combination of a fighter rogue with skills lent toward sailing. And "warrior" is the traditional set - not the actual NPC class - mainly because "fighter" seems so blaise.

Naturally - if you are looking for any folks for your barony - the list has potential as well.


Kyton-spawn Tiefling Evolutionist Summoner 7 (Noble) (Init +1 / F +7 R +4 W +7 / Perc. +11 / AC 14 /HP 53

Colleen would make a good councilor or magister. Adjt could be good for Magister. Oleg has a town of his own to run so maybe we could bring in Phinneas to be treasurer. Allen Harper could actually make a good councilor as well doing the whole "voice of the people" thing.


Arasmes ibn'Fayad wrote:
Colleen would make a good councilor or magister. Adjt could be good for Magister. Oleg has a town of his own to run so maybe we could bring in Phinneas to be treasurer. Allen Harper could actually make a good councilor as well doing the whole "voice of the people" thing.

Colleen would be better as Councilor rather then Magister - though Adjt may not be too bad as Magistrer.

Allen has quite a bit on his plate - he's more of a "newsie" rather then a Councilor - the Voice of the People - not the person who directs the people with legal mandate.

It's up to you on that case - but you'd have two Silver Kobolds on the Council at that point... Just something to consider.


Kyton-spawn Tiefling Evolutionist Summoner 7 (Noble) (Init +1 / F +7 R +4 W +7 / Perc. +11 / AC 14 /HP 53

Yeah problem is that we dont know enough about the other new people to put them on the council.

Ok so my vote is Colleen for councilor, Adjt for magister.


Male Half-Elf Invulnerable Rager 2/Crossblooded Envenomed+Draconic Sorcerer 1/ Trapper Ranger 1/Rage-Vivisectionist 2/Dragon Disciple 1

I like Colleen as the Counselor cause she's much less insane than Hester, and nicer and such.

-----
I don't really know about who would be really well-suited for Magister and DIplomat at this point.

Magister is about Higher Learning and magic, so someone who is Educated, not necessarily a caster...
There doesnt' look to be any NPC that really fits the idea of the Diplomat as far as i can see...
-----

Higenbottom acts as Grishnak's lawyer, having him take care of our finances may be odd... Also Drake usually acts as Ruler at Oleg's so it should be fine to have Oleg as Treasurer.

-----

so we need one more NPC to take either Magister or Diplomat. If we go with having two Old Kobold in the Council, then we're good.

-----

The other option is giving Sylvath some time off to deal with the new silvers, have a different NPC sit on the Council as Warden, such as David, Henry, or Tom Fletcher.

Then we have Adjt as the Magister and Raz as Diplomat.


Male Half-Elf Invulnerable Rager 2/Crossblooded Envenomed+Draconic Sorcerer 1/ Trapper Ranger 1/Rage-Vivisectionist 2/Dragon Disciple 1

So i think this is an acceptable council distribution.

Ruler-Ariarh
Councilor-Colleen
Grand Diplomat-Arasmes
Magister-Adjt
General-Kae
Spymaster-Brett
High Priest(ess)-Isani
Marshal-Tucker
Treasurer-Oleg
Warden-Henry

any comments?


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)
Ka'etil Malas'rae wrote:

So i think this is an acceptable council distribution.

Ruler-Ariarh
Councilor-Colleen
Grand Diplomat-Arasmes
Magister-Adjt
General-Kae
Spymaster-Brett
High Priest(ess)-Isani
Marshal-Tucker
Treasurer-Oleg
Warden-Henry

any comments?

I like this Council makeup. It's acceptable to me.


Kyton-spawn Tiefling Evolutionist Summoner 7 (Noble) (Init +1 / F +7 R +4 W +7 / Perc. +11 / AC 14 /HP 53

looks good to me also.


For rule dynamics I'd pick Sylvath as Marshal over Tucker.

For "social RP" Dynamics I'd put Sylvath as Warden (city guard), and rotate Henry into Marshal.

Remember - warden is city guard, and marshal is for the frontier - but Sylvath clearly has levels in paladin and Henry has it in ranger - but rules dynamics encourage them to switch.

My personal opinion is that you leave Sylvath as Warden and encourage the GM to rotate the Stats needed for Warden and Marshal - as they are both NPC's that want to play and really - having the Warden use Dex. Vs. Strength is not much of a problem - as for Wisdom - they both have the same Wisdom modifier. It would work better for social RP to have Sylvath in play - but it's up to you guys. I say that if you give Warden Dex and Marshal Strength - it's pretty much the same thing - and I'm not going to worry if they swap.

Of course - Sylvath can do his own thing on his own, too. That's also up to you guys - he doesn't need to be on the Council - and, of course - for now you can still NPC Shaezon as a Council Member for Magister - if you want to keep him around for social RP - plus, he's statted. On that level - Galen actually has a higher Int. then Shaezon - for basic Stat modifiers - he'd work okay - if you don't mind his youth/personality - even so; his intelligence is rather potent. It's up to you - if you take Galen - he has a few tricks up his sleeve that can be fun - or you can go with someone you "know better" - as he is still a bit of a mystery, and then you'd have Sylvath on Council - and have Adjt off doing his thing.

In the end - if everyone can just give a quick rundown on who they want - then we're good to go via the readjustments for the city's "Sheet".

Let me know if there is a problem with having Sylvath in - or not; or Galen - or Shaezon - either way - we'll go from there once I see what the party wants next.

I'll give you the notes for the end of Desna - then we pick up with "next month" - and I'll need formal locations for the baronies of Kae and Ry - remember; you can expend all BP you earned in the first month so that your baronies get started to help the kingdom.

At the beginning of "next month" - we'll have the formal rolls set up.

Anyone want preference for the rolls? Do you want me to toss them up - how do you guys want that broken down? Just let me know...

Tomorrow - once I know the loose plans of what Ry and Kae are doing for their baronies (and how they may effect the kingdom) - I'll give you a short summary of what happens in the tail end of Desna - then we start rolling formally.

FYI - during the coming months your city will at least start earning some "wealth" - this is an indicator on how much wealth you'll eventually have for your Cohorts - just something to think about.

Good to go!


Male Half-Elf Invulnerable Rager 2/Crossblooded Envenomed+Draconic Sorcerer 1/ Trapper Ranger 1/Rage-Vivisectionist 2/Dragon Disciple 1

OK, if we can use Shae as magister for a bit, we keepp him oh, unless someone thinks Galen is a better Idea. I feel like after a year of rolls, Galen may have some time to mature a bit, so he can take shae's post if shae poofs eventually.

then we keep sylvath on board. i like having sylvath as warden personally, and shae as magister solves everything.

Raz, you wanna play him for things he needs to do?


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)

Shae can be magister and his position taken over by Galen once he gains more experience and maturity.

Sylvath for warden and Henry for Marshall is fine with me.

10,201 to 10,250 of 10,645 << first < prev | 200 | 201 | 202 | 203 | 204 | 205 | 206 | 207 | 208 | 209 | 210 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dain's King Maker Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.