Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Dain's King Maker Chronicles

Game Master dain120475

Introduction

This is the Kingmaker Campaign, yet it is filled with many deviations from the boxed set. The "Campaign Information" page is meant as a quick resource to help sum up the thousands of posts quickly.


9,951 to 10,000 of 10,695 << first < prev | 195 | 196 | 197 | 198 | 199 | 200 | 201 | 202 | 203 | 204 | 205 | next > last >>

M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2

If no one else does Shaezon will pick up the magic staff on the way down to camp and identify it.


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)
Arasmes ibn'Fayad wrote:
Stopping himself he goes to Ariarh, Isani and Brett and says My sincerest thanks for saving my life. I felt myself slipping away and you pulled me back. though his thanks is sincerely for all three, his eyes do linger on Isani a few moments longer than the others. In Osiriani he says to her Osiriani حياتي ملك لك ** spoiler omitted **

Having heard Arasmes thanks and seen his look upon Isani, Ry is surprised and smiles inside. Then Brett said his piece and well, here they were, at possible loggerheads again. This seems to be the theme among some of my party.

She shakes herself to clear her head and then addresses Arasmes first, "It is good that you did not perish in battle, Arasmes, and could be pulled back to this plane in time. Your gratitude is humbly accepted."

Then turning her dark sapphire gaze upon Brett, she responds to him calmly, "I believe Arasmes was thanking us for healing him during the battle and since it was the three of us in particular who undertook the healing, it would make perfect sense he come to us first. It does not take away the great efforts of the others during the fight." And in modest tone, "And embarrassing the Priestess by speaking of wooing was not necessary. I understood the sound of Osiriani (though I do not know the words) and believed it was a private message shared between them yet you felt the need to speak it for all ears to know their exact meaning. Next time please exercise some delicacy in the matter, my friend."

Having said what she needed to, Ry pats the Holbyt's arm, "Now let us finish this supper Anuk-su has requested so we may get some sleep this night. The arcane spellcasters need their rest to cast their spells on the morrow, so let them retire and we shall finish what has to be done and then find our own rest before dawn and prayers."

Then giving a gentle smile to Isani and Arasmes, she finishes, "We shall allow you opportunity to conclude your conversation in private. The hour grows very late and rest must be had."


Arasmes ibn'Fayad wrote:
Arasmes ibn'Fayad wrote:


Stopping himself he goes to Ariarh, Isani and Brett and says [b]My sincerest thanks for saving my life. I felt myself slipping away and you pulled me back.
Did you miss the part above or is Brett just being deliberately obtuse and an a&#&*&#? I will wait to respond if you wish to clarify and the comments about pride had nothing to do with Brett and were a response to Clari about Kae as was stated.

A more complete response to the question here:

Well – you raise an interesting statement. Is Brett being an “Ass---“?

Clearly he is being one in general on or toward Arasmes – but that is largely because he doesn’t like Arasmes. In fact – it is pretty fair to say he dislikes Arasmes. However – this is due largely to several factors.

1. Arasmes is – as we all know – a Tiefling. Now – Brett is willing to get over this factor, and has tried to – but in general, he is suspicious of Tieflings – and demon spawn. Their typical M.O. – as he knows it – is to win any situation like a devil would – via argument and “due process”; contracts, laws, legalities – and other particular nuances which will eventually have a person (in many cases literally) – losing their entire soul, and have the unfortunate complication of, not only losing it, but say “Hey – what the hell just happened here?” – only to have it blithely pointed out by the devil that you actually lost everything too - largely because of a hidden clause – or some other “legalese”.

Arasmes is polite, and suave – but he has displayed a great capacity for said “legalese” – and much of that capacity revolves around the nuances of the laws of a land where he is recently a guest. It is no secret that devils will use their power of suggestion, manipulation, and cunning to orchestrate a terrible loss of control – without the offended parties even knowing they are losing said control – until it is too late.

Therefore – given his background – Brett is particularly suspicious of Arasmes for that reason – namely, Arasmes's bloodline.

2. Brett can get over it – the bloodline is pretty small potatoes – look at Kae, for example. But Arsames posses another quality that is even more difficult for Brett to get over; namely – Arasmes is a little too smooth in his manner of speech for Brett’s taste.

Brett grew up in a culture where the lords of the land where always smooth, and slick – no one really gave a direct insult – everything was worded “just so” – so you knew you were insulted, but you couldn’t say you were actually insulted, because it was so damn subtle.

Brett carries “boomsticks” – he capers on tables and sings dirty songs – he chews tobacco and spits melodramatically – he speaks with a long, drawn-out drawl that many people have trouble understanding. Brett is not a subtle person – he doesn’t like subtle ways – and even more; he doesn’t trust it. This is why he can get along so well with Kae, despite Kae’s Fiendish blood – because Kae is more base, more crude – if he doesn’t like you – you know it. If he likes you – you know that, too.

Arasmes is always bowing and smiling, and being ever so damn “polite” – it gets suspicious to Brett – like he’s trying too hard to cover something up… A little “too slick” – a little “too artful”. That sort of thing… To quote Frodo Baggins (a Holbyt Contemporary, no doubt) ”I feel servants the Enemy would seem fairer, but feel fouler… “

Arasmes seems very fair to Brett – a little too fair – a little too polished… As if it’s all an act – as if any moment he’ll reveal his true plans to the party, and those plans will be ”Well – thanks for everything – your souls are now mine! Mwuah, ha ha ha!”

3. Brett is not overly fond of magic, nor does he have much trust in those who wield it. You don’t just kill someone with magic – oh no – you can take their souls – or unmake their existence – or you can obliterate a nation, or destroy a city, or call forth monster that would wipe out existence.

To Brett – magic is like a Weapon of Mass Destruction – a necessary evil only because the other guys have magic. But; if two guys had access to a device which – if triggered – could obliterate an entire nation… Brett would be happier not to give the device to both guys – but rather; to remove the device completely from existence – and in this case – that device is magic.

He is aware completely of the destructive power of firearms, and basic things like swords – but killing a person, though horrible, is far less worse then destroying an entire city – or wiping a person’s soul from existence – or banishing a person in a realm of eternal suffering simply on a whim. Those are much more “heavy” things – and those who can do those things… Well; if there was some “quasi-god-like being” that had all those powers to use – and the only thing that kept such a being from wiping everyone out was that being’s good heart – Brett would be very suspicious.

In other words (Please pardon the extreme irony, here) – Brett feels that Arasmes is kind of like Superman, and – therefore – he must function as the Batman of the group – the lad without any spectacular magical powers – only a few tricks up his sleeve at the right time – in the right place – to make sure that Superman/Arasmes doesn’t get a piece of that Black Kryptonite (which is only good/cool on Smallville, but I digress…)

4. Finally – Arasmes’s M.O. with magic is summoning, which bugs Brett a lot – because it is too close to saying “You – do this – I COMMAND YOU” – which makes Brett very nervous – because if Arasmes is honest, and he really is an escaped slave – commanding others to do his bidding – well, let’s just say he has a natural flair for it… It comes easy to Arasmes, thinks Brett – a little too easy…

Conclusion:

Now – this is basic explanation of why Brett acts the way he does around or near Arasmes. I post this so that you know I’m not trying to be a jerk by accident, nor am I trying to single out a particular player for no reason, or worse – a personal reason. This is all part of Brett’s character – and his back story – and his nature.

I foresee a time when Brett and Arasmes can be good friends – but I am eager for the chance to reach that point with good social RP – I want that relationship – for good or bad – to develop organically in the game. I’m only making this post so that you:

A) Know my true motivations completely, in case my in-game stuff came off confusing on the board.

B) Let you know that it isn’t something I’m pulling out of my ass – It’s part of how the character was built – and as such – I am eager to see us develop it in-game. I’m not trying to be rude personally – but Brett certainly has issues with Arasmes – and I want to address them in game because I think it would be fun.

However – If it is not fun, or if you feel that it diminishes your enjoyment of the game – how Brett acts around you – let me know. I am not opposed to modifying his behavior – if that will help. But – please let me know, either way, and I can go from there. Ultimately – I hoped this would be a fun aspect of the game – just like seeing the dynamic between Batman/Superman – or (even more fun) – seeing the dynamic between Tony Stark and Steve Rogers – via The Avengers – a must see!

Again – it’s meant to be fun; if it isn’t – let me know now, and we can go from there. I just want everyone to have a good time, and I thought a little party drama might add a touch of flavor to the game. If it seems overbearing – please let me know, and I'll chop it.


Shaezon Silverfall wrote:
If no one else does Shaezon will pick up the magic staff on the way down to camp and identify it.

Yeah - actually - someone else DID pick it up - though you may have forgotten.

When the boss cast "Summon Accuser Devil" - he deliberately dropped the staff - which was out of charges, but could be recharged by certain types of casters - on to the ground via a free action.

The Accuser - on its turn (remember; they had the same Initiative) - plucked up the staff as a move action - and used "Greater Teleport" to take the staff somewhere - as to where it went - you don't know...

But - Shaezon should know enough about Accusers - and the spell "Greater Teleport" to act on this information - and inform the party one way or the other at the best option if they want the staff back, and what the Accuser could mean for the party in general...


Ariarh Kane wrote:
Arasmes ibn'Fayad wrote:
Stopping himself he goes to Ariarh, Isani and Brett and says My sincerest thanks for saving my life. I felt myself slipping away and you pulled me back. though his thanks is sincerely for all three, his eyes do linger on Isani a few moments longer than the others. In Osiriani he says to her Osiriani حياتي ملك لك ** spoiler omitted **

Having heard Arasmes thanks and seen his look upon Isani, Ry is surprised and smiles inside. Then Brett said his piece and well, here they were, at possible loggerheads again. This seems to be the theme among some of my party.

She shakes herself to clear her head and then addresses Arasmes first, "It is good that you did not perish in battle, Arasmes, and could be pulled back to this plane in time. Your gratitude is humbly accepted."

Then turning her dark sapphire gaze upon Brett, she responds to him calmly, "I believe Arasmes was thanking us for healing him during the battle and since it was the three of us in particular who undertook the healing, it would make perfect sense he come to us first. It does not take away the great efforts of the others during the fight." And in modest tone, "And embarrassing the Priestess by speaking of wooing was not necessary. I understood the sound of Osiriani (though I do not know the words) and believed it was a private message shared between them yet you felt the need to speak it for all ears to know their exact meaning. Next time please exercise some delicacy in the matter, my friend."

Having said what she needed to, Ry pats the Holbyt's arm, "Now let us finish this supper Anuk-su has requested so we may get some sleep this night. The arcane spellcasters need their rest to cast their spells on the morrow, so let them retire and we shall finish what has to be done and then find our own rest before dawn and prayers."

Then giving a gentle smile to Isani and Arasmes, she finishes, "We shall allow you opportunity to...

- Grumble grumble -

"Lad tries to speak his mind openly and directly - and oh no... Can't be honest on his feelings, oh well... Still, she's the boss - so, best to keep the ol' mouth shut Brett my lad - talking over the boss be bad form, eh? Ye know the Duke wouldn't like it - Ry lass sure doesn't neither, so... mind yer manners and content yerself that Ry lass knows your mind on the issue, that be enough..."

Brett continues to speak to himself then prods the fire, and soon the cheery blaze warms the place - even as the rain patters on the stone roof...

A sudden noise startles him, and he leaves the fire to move to glance at the window - what he sees makes him cry out in horror!

"Gods damn it all! It's the bloody croc - and it's charging this way!" he cries out, rushing for his musket and pistols and then hurrying to the window.

There are several windows - and you are currently behind a stone wall - there is a heavy wooden door, and four windows that flank the door - 2 on each side of the door - they provide cover. You believe that the croc could possibly smash through the wall - and, if it does - it will bring down the roof and possibly crush all inside. However - you have ranged weapons - and the croc took some damage - you have a chance to take a few shots - the croc is on the beach - and is currently 150 feet from the stone house.


Okay -

You have 1 round to act as the Dire Croc charges the stone cottage - if you can bring it down - good times!

If not - it will likely ram into the stone wall - make a CMB against breaking the stone wall - and we'll see what happens.

If the wall goes down, the ceiling comes down - and that will result in damage... So - take your shots, and make them count - and remember; the Croc already took damage - it's possible you can do something - for now - the party acts as a unit - and the bad guys act as a unit - in this case the croc - Party Initiative vs Bad Guys Initiative - good plan - it's happening, so - yay! - you guys have the first move...

Brett will fire his musket at the croc - what will the rest of you do?

You have one round for surprise - then we roll Ini to see what happens next round, as in - who goes first.

The croc is clearly on the beach and 150 feet away.


M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2
Dain GM wrote:
Shaezon Silverfall wrote:
If no one else does Shaezon will pick up the magic staff on the way down to camp and identify it.

Yeah - actually - someone else DID pick it up - though you may have forgotten.

When the boss cast "Summon Accuser Devil" - he deliberately dropped the staff - which was out of charges, but could be recharged by certain types of casters - on to the ground via a free action.

The Accuser - on its turn (remember; they had the same Initiative) - plucked up the staff as a move action - and used "Greater Teleport" to take the staff somewhere - as to where it went - you don't know...

But - Shaezon should know enough about Accusers - and the spell "Greater Teleport" to act on this information - and inform the party one way or the other at the best option if they want the staff back, and what the Accuser could mean for the party in general...

Damn.


M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2

Initiative 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13


Male Half-Elf Invulnerable Rager 2/Crossblooded Envenomed+Draconic Sorcerer 1/ Trapper Ranger 1/Rage-Vivisectionist 2/Dragon Disciple 1

init when it comes up...
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

likely actions:

In the surprise round Kae does his Lightning attack, DC16, and on his turn he'll use another blast of it.

are there any corpses around here that could be tossed to the croc? He'd likely want to eat without getting hit with lightning, so if someone can get a Dead body out there for him, then we may be in better shape.

or summon a holy cow!


Female Changeling - Osirion Cleric 4/Oracle 3

I suppose this must be retconned now the croc is attacking...

Conversation with Arasmes and Isani:

Isani stood silent throughout all of the exchange. She was certain her cheeks were flushed because of Arasmes's words and Brett's acerbic retort. She could not truly understood the animosity which lingered between these males, but it seemed to originate from the Holbyt more often than not she had observed. The Lady Ariarh had attempted to soothe the waters and showed some kindness and for that she was grateful. She was still a stranger among them and her place within the group was uncertain. Her friendship with Arasmes ibn'Fayad was a bud slowly unfurling and she did not seek to jeopardise her place in Saravale by disrespecting any of the ruling council or associated advisors. Her mismatched eyes moved from directly looking at Arasmes to staring down upon the ground; nervous tension growing in her slender posture. She did not blame Arasmes for the direction of the conversation and would have private words with him. Councilman Rowan had overstepped in this matter and when the time was right she would speak to him and reveal her feelings on it.

To Ariarh and Brett,

"If I am not needed then I shall conclude my conversation with Mister ibn'Fayad and then find an unoccupied bed. Tisbah ala kheir Lady Ariarh, Councilman Rowan." And with that she walks a little away, hoping Arasmes will follow.

To Arasmes,

Osiriani/"You do not owe me such great honour, sadiqi. I was one among many. However, it does my eyes good to see you standing and moving once more. The gods were gracious in their gifts to us this day. I am sorry for Councilman Rowan's hostility toward you. I cannot ascertain the reason for it, yet I wish it were not so, especially in your ambassadorial position." She twines her slender fingers together to ward off the cold and the nervousness. "You are my friend and Brett Rowan casts shadows and blurs lines on the meaning of it. He distrusts us both, most assuredly. I am accustomed to such from General Ka'etil as his manner is often to correct me and degrade my intelligence. Yet, he does not know me and in that I must show him some leniency and patience. It would seem my caution must extend to Councilman Rowan, too. I am still finding my way in this new land and I am unaccustomed to the Northerner mannerisms and methods. I know what Clari and Khromm think of me -- they see me as witch and nothing more. Superstition and fear cannot be soothed easily, sadiqi. I believe you understand what I mean."/Osiriani


Remember -

Kae - your lightening attack has limited range - at this time, the croc is 150 feet from you.

During it's initiative - it will likely close on you and attack - however - you have time to do something before your Ini goes off.

I do not think or believe you would have dead bodies inside a building with you.

Also - you doubt a simple animal would seek out dead flesh to feast on - preferring live meat - further - dire animals aren't simple - they're gifted with more wits then beasts.

You have a hunch this creature saw the fire - and realized you were in the buildings - and is looking for some payback...

You have another hunch - this one more promising -

If the creature is actually still alive and rushing to attack you - it means that is wounded - and can likely be healed. However - if it had escaped - it would have likely gone to its "meat locker" - hung out there for a while - then, it would have come and got you when you were on the boat - probably next day.

This could be snarly - but if you put it down - you will likely eliminate the threat in the lake, and not have to worry about getting jumped on the way over to the mainland.

Bad luck is that at this time of night - it is roughly 1:00 AM - this attack will severely disrupt the sleep patterns of those who study arcane magic and need their sleep. But more on that later... For now - you have the suprise round - then your Ini.

Plans for Initiative

I intend to make everyone roll - get an average - then put that average vs. the enemy. In this case - I'll only use the PC's - and Brett - for party Initiative average. NPC's need not worry about rolling.


Isani Isu wrote:

I suppose this must be retconned now the croc is attacking...

** spoiler omitted **...

Retconned though this may be - you do notice that during your speech Anaitis has watched you intently - and you can see her eyes - they are concentrating very hard on your lips... You know she can understand your language - but you also know it is not her first language... Clearly she is wondering what you are talking about...


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)

Ry's Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

She has no long range spells available at this time (the croc is 150 feet away) and can only create a storm burst (standard action) when the dire croc is within 30 feet. The storm bursts deals 1d6+3 points of non-lethal damage and the target is buffeted by winds and rain, causing it to take a -2 penalty on attack rolls for 1 round. Ry has this ability 7 times a day.


Female Changeling - Osirion Cleric 4/Oracle 3

Isani has no long range spells remaining yet she begins casting Summon Monster II.

Isani's Initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 13


Brett's surprise attack on the croc -

attack
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

IF he hits - whatever - the touch attack is AC 6...
1d8 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Brett shall roll Ini - and raise his pistols - firing both when the croc rushes in range of "point blank" - as a free action he hopes his party will finish the croc on or before it hits the wall...

Brett's Ini -
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

I will need total Ini from:

Arasmes
Ariarh - 12
Brett 9
Isani (she is not a NPC - but a second PC in this case) - 13
Kae - 15
Shaezon - 13

Total =
Divide by 6


Female Changeling - Osirion Cleric 4/Oracle 3
Dain GM wrote:
Isani Isu wrote:

I suppose this must be retconned now the croc is attacking...

** spoiler omitted **...

Retconned though this may be - you do notice that during your speech Anaitis has watched you intently - and you can see her eyes - they are concentrating very hard on your lips... You know she can understand your language - but you also know it is not her first language... Clearly she is wondering what you are talking about...

Isani never liked being observed so artfully, understanding dawning on her how Brett Rowan understood Arasmes' earlier sentiment -- Anaitis nes-Ma'at must have translated it for him. Clever tool he has in that one, she muses privately, turning her body and face away from the girl, not giving the Snake Girl the opportunity to read her lips or overhear their private conversation.


Isani Isu wrote:
Dain GM wrote:
Isani Isu wrote:

I suppose this must be retconned now the croc is attacking...

** spoiler omitted **...

Retconned though this may be - you do notice that during your speech Anaitis has watched you intently - and you can see her eyes - they are concentrating very hard on your lips... You know she can understand your language - but you also know it is not her first language... Clearly she is wondering what you are talking about...
Isani never liked being observed so artfully, understanding dawning on her how Brett Rowan understood Arasmes' earlier sentiment -- Anaitis nes-Ma'at must have translated it for him. Clever tool he has in that one, she muses privately, turning her body and face away from the girl, not giving the Snake Girl the opportunity to read her lips or overhear their private conversation.

The girl very deliberately moves to see your face - she is not hiding her intentions at this time, and she continues to stare - rather obviously - at your lips, watching them intently.

You can even see her mouthing the words to herself - as if she is trying to sound out the words you are making...

Isani - to really hide your motives you can attempt an opposed Stealth/Perception roll - or, depending - you can also use Bluff - via "Deliver Secret Messages" - if you feel that is a better choice.


Ariarh Kane wrote:

Ry's Initiative: 1d20+2

She has no long range spells available at this time (the croc is 150 feet away) and can only create a storm burst (standard action) when the dire croc is within 30 feet. The storm bursts deals 1d6+3 points of non-lethal damage and the target is buffeted by winds and rain, causing it to take a -2 penalty on attack rolls for 1 round. Ry has this ability 7 times a day.

Well - as a suggestion - you could cast "natures ally" to slow it down...

With both and you and Isani (if you cast that) - your creatures will appear when it is your initiative - and let you have the chance to attack on your Initiative as well...


Female Changeling - Osirion Cleric 4/Oracle 3
Dain GM wrote:

The girl very deliberately moves to see your face - she is not hiding her intentions at this time, and she continues to stare - rather obviously - at your lips, watching them intently.

You can even see her mouthing the words to herself - as if she is trying to sound out the words you are making...

Isani - to really hide your motives you can attempt an opposed Stealth/Perception roll - or, depending - you can also use Bluff - via "Deliver Secret Messages" - if you feel that is a better choice.

Stealth check: 1d20 ⇒ 17

If the girl continues to move to see her face and read her lips, she will address the issue directly with her. This deliberate disrespect of privacy is not acceptable to the Priestess.

Isani does not like informants.


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)
Dain GM wrote:
Ariarh Kane wrote:

Ry's Initiative: 1d20+2

She has no long range spells available at this time (the croc is 150 feet away) and can only create a storm burst (standard action) when the dire croc is within 30 feet. The storm bursts deals 1d6+3 points of non-lethal damage and the target is buffeted by winds and rain, causing it to take a -2 penalty on attack rolls for 1 round. Ry has this ability 7 times a day.

Well - as a suggestion - you could cast "natures ally" to slow it down...

With both and you and Isani (if you cast that) - your creatures will appear when it is your initiative - and let you have the chance to attack on your Initiative as well...

Ariarh will begin casting Summon Nature's Ally II instead.


Isani Isu wrote:
Dain GM wrote:

The girl very deliberately moves to see your face - she is not hiding her intentions at this time, and she continues to stare - rather obviously - at your lips, watching them intently.

You can even see her mouthing the words to herself - as if she is trying to sound out the words you are making...

Isani - to really hide your motives you can attempt an opposed Stealth/Perception roll - or, depending - you can also use Bluff - via "Deliver Secret Messages" - if you feel that is a better choice.

Stealth check: 1d20

If the girl continues to move to see her face and read her lips, she will address the issue directly with her. This deliberate disrespect of privacy is not acceptable to the Priestess.

Isani does not like informants.

Perception check -

Curses - I have not built her character past level 2, you know... so she will settle with taking a 20. You can socially RP it out, by the way, if you like - or not... but she is not being subtle in any way :)


Female Changeling - Osirion Cleric 4/Oracle 3

In Osiriani to Arasmes:

"We are being closely observed, sadiqi. Even now, Councilman Rowan's girl is hoping to read my lips and understand what we are saying and she is being brazen in the endeavour."

After such a day as this and with growing ill humour among the party, Isani's stronghold on patience slips a little and she strides purposefully to Anaitis nes-Ma'at.

In Osiriani to Anaitis -- anyone who understands the language can overhear:

(This is said in a steady voice but in Isani's direct fashion.)
"Masaa el-kheir. I seek an explanation for this intrusion, Anaitis nes-Ma'at. I have observed you studying me and working to read my lips to gain knowledge of what is being said. For what purpose do you do this? If you require answers to formal business then speak and I shall attempt to answer your questions to the best of my knowledge. However, if the information you seek has naught to do with formal affairs then I stand firm in the conviction of your presence and actions being a violation of my present thoughts and feelings."


Female
Isani Isu wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

After such a day as this and with ill humour among the party, Isani's stronghold on patience slips a little and she moves purposefully to Anaitis nes-Ma'at.

** spoiler omitted **

Response in Osiriani:

Anaitis looks at you with a confused expression.

”I do not understand your customs – nor do I understand well your words, though this language I know better then others – and I would learn the trick of your speech, if I am to live among you.”

”My kinsmen were butchered – their spirit denied eternal rest through black rites of foul sorcery – myself; I was stripped, beaten and tortured – knowing I would endure the same rites – but only after watching the one I fought for become executed in a horrible ritual.”

”Now – my folk are dead – either as traitor – or they are opposed to my beliefs and died by your hand, or your friends. I have no one – and have been near death, and humiliated besides – it seems I have no one to offer me any consideration except the hairfooted one that stands with you. Only he has shown me any consideration – only he has spoken to me – and only he as talked to me at length. To him – I am grateful.”

”For yourself – you have asked me questions – as is your right – for as your folk saved me – my freedom is forfeit to you, until I save your life in return. Even so – I am no diviner to know otherwise – yet it seems to me that you are more concerned with what I can offer you regarding my lore – and little else but that.”

”Meanwhile - it is likely that I am to be with the hairfoot, and his folk – in this case I suspect your kind as well – for the end of my days – or I shall be cast out to be alone, and likely die in the wilderness. But, in either case – I would take every opportunity to learn – at the least – the language – so that when I do offend, perhaps without meaning to – and am therefore cast out – I will at least be able to know better how to talk to those who would kick me aside.”

She cocks her head and looks at you.

”I have known priestesses – but not like you – never have I seen them so reserved in sharing lore – and never have I seen them so eager to turn their back on folk they do not know – speaking in hushed whispers – and not wanting to talk. But – again – I am new to this – I am… I do not know well your customs. As such – I do my best to learn. None of you have shown interest in my kind – except for the hairfoot, and perhaps the female with the golden mane and topaz eyes who looks like a divine being with her hair so golden - and is called the leader of this company, and - moreover - aligned to the young silver goddess - indeed; they called each other sister - which seems right and true; twin sisters - like sun and moon; golden sun, silver moon - and both destined to lead, as is said by your folk...”

”But again – apologies for any offense – it was not my intention, I only wished to learn the language, and only you two have the southern color to the skin, and speak words I know well. But - I shall not trouble you again, if my presence offends so easily.

She salaam’s once to you – and turns and walks over to Brett and Ariarh, paying particular respect on or near Anuk-su’s presence.

I don't think anyone else but you and probably Arasmes can understand the language - but I am not sure...


Dain GM wrote:

Brett's surprise attack on the croc -

attack
1d20 + 7

IF he hits - whatever - the touch attack is AC 6...
1d8+6

Brett shall roll Ini - and raise his pistols - firing both when the croc rushes in range of "point blank" - as a free action he hopes his party will finish the croc on or before it hits the wall...

Brett's Ini -
1d20 + 4

I will need total Ini from:

Arasmes
Ariarh - 12
Brett 9
Isani (she is not a NPC - but a second PC in this case) - 13
Kae - 15
Shaezon - 13

Total =
Divide by 6

Not sure where Arasmes is - but if we let him "take 10" - he'd have an average of 11 for his Ini - the total average being roughly 12.

That said - it's the croc's Ini -

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Whoo hoo! Party goes first - you got a chance to be damn lucky! Hope everyone brings down the croc - before he brings down the house!


Brett shall hold action until the creature is in 30 feet - he'll fire using Point Blank Shot - using both pistols...

Pistol 1
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

IF he hits
1d6 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Pistol 2
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

IF he hits
1d6 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

This action will be held - it is likely that both Ariarh's and Isani's actions will attack the creature first, possibly slow it down... but; we shall see...

Brett hits both barrels for 19 points of damage - this will factor in if it needs to - he has already done 11 on the Croc... Worst case is that Brett will have done 30 points by the end of the round... if needed...


Ariarh and Isani - your creatures pop up on your Ini - the croc has charged at full speed and is now moved a total of 100 feet - he is now 50 feet from the building - it's your move!


Female Changeling - Osirion Cleric 4/Oracle 3
Anaitis nes-Ma’at wrote:
Isani Isu wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

After such a day as this and with ill humour among the party, Isani's stronghold on patience slips a little and she moves purposefully to Anaitis nes-Ma'at.

** spoiler omitted **

** spoiler omitted **...

Before Anaitis wanders off to her beloved Brett Rowan...

In Osiriani, reply to Anaitis:

She takes a breath and a moment to compose herself as one of Sarenrae's clerics should behave.

"We do not know each other, Anaitis nes-Ma'at. The day has been long and taxing and the night brings slow comfort as we worry on the new day ahead and the fate of the silver-skinned kobolds. There was no deliberate rejection of you by me. I have no lore to share this night and my attention was drawn to the Foreign Ambassador, Arasmes ibn'Fayad, as we had unfinished words that were the concern of no one but he and I. You will find, if you remain among this group, that each person requires a level of privacy which is not a show of disrespect to any other in the group. My attention was momentarily cast on Mister ibn'Fayad. I wished to speak without an audience as is my right as a person -- I am not a Priestess espousing religious tenets in this moment -- but a woman sharing observations and feelings with the one she has chosen to take into her confidence this night. I apologise if my unusual ways have led you to believe I am uninterested and singular. There are many facets to a creature, Anaitis nes-Ma'at, and I am no different. If you require succor or guidance then I am at your service. If you would speak in confidence to a Priestess then ask and I shall listen. Salam alekum."


M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2

For lack of any spells Shae fires his bow at it

Longbow 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 221d6 ⇒ 6

DC 15 fort or prone for 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 rounds


Female Changeling - Osirion Cleric 4/Oracle 3

Isani has summoned a Celestial Squid and directs him to attack the dire croc and slow him down. He swims directly to the croc (60ft swim speed).

(Isani has augment summoning)

First, the Squid emits a 5-foot-radius cloud of ink once per minute as a free action while underwater. This cloud provides total concealment. The ink persists for 1 minute.

Celestial Squid's Attack on dire croc (has multi attack):

Bite Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Damage: 1d3 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Tentacle Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 plus grab

Grab (CMB check): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20 (Only if creature being grappled is same size or smaller. The Celestial Squid is medium and I think the croc is medium?)

Summoned Celestial Squid


Male Half-Elf Invulnerable Rager 2/Crossblooded Envenomed+Draconic Sorcerer 1/ Trapper Ranger 1/Rage-Vivisectionist 2/Dragon Disciple 1

Kae shoots the crock!

In the surprise round:
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
for 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

On his turn:
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
for 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13


Female
Isani Isu wrote:
Anaitis nes-Ma’at wrote:
Isani Isu wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

After such a day as this and with ill humour among the party, Isani's stronghold on patience slips a little and she moves purposefully to Anaitis nes-Ma'at.

** spoiler omitted **

** spoiler omitted **...

Before Anaitis wanders off to her beloved Brett Rowan...

** spoiler omitted **

Beloved??? If anything - she is in love with Anuk-su - but it's clearly a filial love.

Back in Osiriani:

"I do not understand - you seem angry with me - when I only wanted to learn. Also - only the hairfoot was interested in me... when you are completely alone - having someone show interest in you can be pleasant. But I am sorry to have offended; again - it was not my intention... I just wanted to be included," she adds then turns and leaves you free to talk privately.


Shaezon Silverfall wrote:

For lack of any spells Shae fires his bow at it

Longbow 1d20+5;1d6

DC 15 fort or prone for 1d4+1 rounds

Fortitude Save -

1d20 + 15 ⇒ (15) + 15 = 30


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)

Ariarh's summoned small water elemental appears and she directs him to flank the croc with the squid (elemental's swim speed 90ft) and slam attack the dire croc,

Water Elemental's slam attack: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 7 + 2 = 24
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

(Ry has Augment Summoning).


Isani Isu wrote:

Isani has summoned a Celestial Squid and directs him to attack the dire croc and slow him down. He swims directly to the croc (60ft swim speed).

(Isani has augment summoning)

First, the Squid emits a 5-foot-radius cloud of ink once per minute as a free action while underwater. This cloud provides total concealment. The ink persists for 1 minute.

Attacks the dire croc (has multi attack):

Bite Attack: 1d20+6
Damage: 1d3+4

Tentacle Attack: 1d20+4
Damage: 1d4+3 plus grab

Grab (CMB check): 1d20+6 (Only if creature being grappled is same size or smaller. The Celestial Squid is medium and I think the croc is medium?)

Summoned Celestial Squid

Quick two things -

1. Croc is actually running on the beach - he runs slowly... but he is running... Would you have still chosen the squid?

2. He is actually "Gargantuan". This is pretty large - to facilitate - let me show you some base stats (which may have been changed a bit - but it would give you a quick overview).

Quick Overview


Female Changeling - Osirion Cleric 4/Oracle 3
Dain GM wrote:
Isani Isu wrote:

Isani has summoned a Celestial Squid and directs him to attack the dire croc and slow him down. He swims directly to the croc (60ft swim speed).

(Isani has augment summoning)

First, the Squid emits a 5-foot-radius cloud of ink once per minute as a free action while underwater. This cloud provides total concealment. The ink persists for 1 minute.

Attacks the dire croc (has multi attack):

Bite Attack: 1d20+6
Damage: 1d3+4

Tentacle Attack: 1d20+4
Damage: 1d4+3 plus grab

Grab (CMB check): 1d20+6 (Only if creature being grappled is same size or smaller. The Celestial Squid is medium and I think the croc is medium?)

Summoned Celestial Squid

Quick two things -

1. Croc is actually running on the beach - he runs slowly... but he is running... Would you have still chosen the squid?

2. He is actually "Gargantuan". This is pretty large - to facilitate - let me show you some base stats (which may have been changed a bit - but it would give you a quick overview).

Quick Overview

Okay, didn't you have him swimming toward us? I am confused now. That is why I chose the Squid because I believed he was in the water.


Ariarh Kane wrote:

Ariarh's summoned small water elemental appears and she directs him to flank the croc with the squid (elemental's swim speed 90ft) and slam attack the dire croc,

Water Elemental's slam attack: 1d20+7+2
Damage: 1d6+5

(Ry has Augment Summoning).

again - would you have chosen the water elemental? He is running on the beach to slam into the stone building and hope to crush you all.

The fire inside the building drew his attention when he was in the water... So he ran up to the beach and is charging you...


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)

Which means Ariarh's choice of water elemental is now null and void. Sigh. Did I miss the part where you said he's running on the sand in his attack?


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)

Okay, I'm retconning both Isani and Ariarh's actions as neither would have chosen water based creatures if they knew the croc was running on sand.


Isani Isu wrote:
Dain GM wrote:
Isani Isu wrote:

Isani has summoned a Celestial Squid and directs him to attack the dire croc and slow him down. He swims directly to the croc (60ft swim speed).

(Isani has augment summoning)

First, the Squid emits a 5-foot-radius cloud of ink once per minute as a free action while underwater. This cloud provides total concealment. The ink persists for 1 minute.

Attacks the dire croc (has multi attack):

Bite Attack: 1d20+6
Damage: 1d3+4

Tentacle Attack: 1d20+4
Damage: 1d4+3 plus grab

Grab (CMB check): 1d20+6 (Only if creature being grappled is same size or smaller. The Celestial Squid is medium and I think the croc is medium?)

Summoned Celestial Squid

Quick two things -

1. Croc is actually running on the beach - he runs slowly... but he is running... Would you have still chosen the squid?

2. He is actually "Gargantuan". This is pretty large - to facilitate - let me show you some base stats (which may have been changed a bit - but it would give you a quick overview).

Quick Overview

Okay, didn't you have him swimming toward us? I am confused now. That is why I chose the Squid because I believed he was in the water.

It's cool - no, he was on the beach charging you - but you can still retcon the summons if you would like - it's good times!


Ariarh Kane wrote:
Which means Ariarh's choice of water elemental is now null and void. Sigh. Did I miss the part where you said he's running on the sand in his attack?

I was kind of ambiguous - the croc was charging the building... but I didn't state his point of origin. I should have been more clear... However - game's to you...


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)
Dain GM wrote:
Ariarh Kane wrote:
Which means Ariarh's choice of water elemental is now null and void. Sigh. Did I miss the part where you said he's running on the sand in his attack?
I was kind of ambiguous - the croc was charging the building... but I didn't state his point of origin. I should have been more clear... However - game's to you...

Okay, working on the posts now. Sorry for the disruption to play.


Ka'etil Malas'rae wrote:

Kae shoots the crock!

In the surprise round:
1d20+7
for 1d10+3

On his turn:
1d20+7
for 1d10+3

Kae - not sure what weapon you're using - but you hit both times...

I assume you are inside the house?

You have done a total of (by the end of your Ini)

24 hp = with Brett's and Kae's 6 damage - that's a total of 60 HP -

It's up to the girls, now - and Arasmes...

The NPC's are waiting for your orders - such as they are...


Ariarh Kane wrote:
Dain GM wrote:
Ariarh Kane wrote:
Which means Ariarh's choice of water elemental is now null and void. Sigh. Did I miss the part where you said he's running on the sand in his attack?
I was kind of ambiguous - the croc was charging the building... but I didn't state his point of origin. I should have been more clear... However - game's to you...
Okay, working on the posts now. Sorry for the disruption to play.

Not at all - the last creature is going down - or you guys are!

Um - I hope that the creature goes down, though... :)


Female Changeling - Osirion Cleric 4/Oracle 3

Isani has summoned a Celestial Goblin Dog and as he appears she commands/directs him to attack the charging dire croc,

Celestial Goblin Dog Bite Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 plus allergic reaction

Confirm crit on bite:

Bite Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 plus allergic reaction

Allergic Reaction: A goblin dog's dander is highly irritating to all creatures save those with the goblinoid subtype. A non-goblinoid creature damaged by a goblin dog's bite, who deals damage to a goblin dog with a natural weapon or unarmed attack, or who otherwise comes into contact with a goblin dog (including attempts to grapple or ride the creature) must make a DC 12 Fortitude save or break out in an itching rash. A creature affected by this rash takes a –2 penalty to Dexterity and Charisma for 1 day (multiple allergic reactions do not stack). Remove disease or any magical healing removes the rash instantly. This is a disease effect. The save DC is Constitution-based.


Male Half-Elf Invulnerable Rager 2/Crossblooded Envenomed+Draconic Sorcerer 1/ Trapper Ranger 1/Rage-Vivisectionist 2/Dragon Disciple 1

Kae's composite longbow


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)

Ariarh's summoned Small Air Elemental appears and she directs it to flank with goblin dog and slam attack the dire croc,

Air Elemental's Slam Attack: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 6 + 2 = 24
Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Isani Isu wrote:

Isani has summoned a Celestial Goblin Dog and as he appears she commands/directs him to attack the charging dire croc,

Celestial Goblin Dog Bite Attack: 1d20+4
Damage: 1d6+5 plus allergic reaction

Confirm crit on bite:

Bite Attack: 1d20+4
Damage: 1d6+5 plus allergic reaction

Allergic Reaction: A goblin dog's dander is highly irritating to all creatures save those with the goblinoid subtype. A non-goblinoid creature damaged by a goblin dog's bite, who deals damage to a goblin dog with a natural weapon or unarmed attack, or who otherwise comes into contact with a goblin dog (including attempts to grapple or ride the creature) must make a DC 12 Fortitude save or break out in an itching rash. A creature affected by this rash takes a –2 penalty to Dexterity and Charisma for 1 day (multiple allergic reactions do not stack). Remove disease or any magical healing removes the rash instantly. This is a disease effect. The save DC is Constitution-based.

Wow - cool effect - meanwhile - my save -

1d20 + 15 ⇒ (11) + 15 = 26


Wow - so...

The Croc has suffered a total of 75 HP so far - even as it is ready to charge into the building... this includes all of Brett's shots, Kae's shots - and the creatures attacks via the girls; and Shaezon's longbow...

It seems unconcerned with the damage done to it -

So...

Ariarh/Isani -

Toss up your AoO - because the Croc will rush past them, and your beasts gain such attacks as it passes...

Also - does anyone want to roll for Ras? He is out of level 2 spells and all "Summon Monster" abilities - but he does have a few level 1 spells. Anyone want to go for him?


Female Changeling - Osirion Cleric 4/Oracle 3

Celestial Goblin Dog's AoO:

Bite attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 plus allergic reaction

Ah the joys of 1s all round. :/


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)

Small Air Elemental's AoO:

Slam Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

9,951 to 10,000 of 10,695 << first < prev | 195 | 196 | 197 | 198 | 199 | 200 | 201 | 202 | 203 | 204 | 205 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dain's King Maker Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.