Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Dain's King Maker Chronicles

Game Master dain120475

Introduction

This is the Kingmaker Campaign, yet it is filled with many deviations from the boxed set. The "Campaign Information" page is meant as a quick resource to help sum up the thousands of posts quickly.


9,901 to 9,950 of 10,645 << first < prev | 194 | 195 | 196 | 197 | 198 | 199 | 200 | 201 | 202 | 203 | 204 | next > last >>

Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)
Anuk-su Seti wrote:

Anuk-su leans back from the water - the wind blows her cloak back from the waters, and the silver wisps of her hair brush past her face... She squints into the wind, and nods sagely, then - as if suddenly aware of Ariarh's question, responds...

"Oh gods, Ariarh - it's good to be back... this company needed a person with a good head on their shoulders, here," she adds with a wise nod.

Aye, the dragon girl I know well is back in fine form. This day had been an overly long one and Ariarh felt as if she had aged a year. Her muscles and mind ached in unison and it took all her willpower to speak with steadiness and not lash out unwittingly at any in her party. She was grateful that they made it to Anuk-su's side in time and wondered if it even registered to the young girl that the party had just fought hard and rescued her, especially since she and her silver guard rushed foolishly ahead without concern for the repercussions. Being a leader is not so easy, Ariarh, she muses privately.

Moving to stand just behind Anuk-su, Ariarh reaches out and soothingly strokes the girl's beautiful silver hair. "It is very good you are alive, little sister. I give thanks to the gods that it is so."


Male Half-Elf Invulnerable Rager 2/Crossblooded Envenomed+Draconic Sorcerer 1/ Trapper Ranger 1/Rage-Vivisectionist 2/Dragon Disciple 1

"Good point. Can you prepare means of sanctifying the unhallowed ground on the alter to protect against the dark magics of the dead priest?"


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)

Ariarh's attention is caught by the mention of the dark altar. "Kae, if the altar is made from the same Obsidian stone as the others we have encountered, than any magic performed within its proximity will be negated. Even if Isani were to attempt to fill the area with positive energy, I am unsure of its success."

Isani only has Consecrate out of her level 2 Cleric spells. Will this work?


Female Silver Dragon My Level of Class is unmatched by any and all!
Ariarh Kane wrote:
Anuk-su Seti wrote:

Anuk-su leans back from the water - the wind blows her cloak back from the waters, and the silver wisps of her hair brush past her face... She squints into the wind, and nods sagely, then - as if suddenly aware of Ariarh's question, responds...

"Oh gods, Ariarh - it's good to be back... this company needed a person with a good head on their shoulders, here," she adds with a wise nod.

Aye, the dragon girl I know well is back in fine form. This day had been an overly long one and Ariarh felt as if she had aged a year. Her muscles and mind ached in unison and it took all her willpower to speak with steadiness and not lash out unwittingly at any in her party. She was grateful that they made it to Anuk-su's side in time and wondered if it even registered to the young girl that the party had just fought hard and rescued her, especially since she and her silver guard rushed foolishly ahead without concern for the repercussions. Being a leader is not so easy, Ariarh, she muses privately.

Moving to stand just behind Anuk-su, Ariarh reaches out and soothingly strokes the girl's beautiful silver hair. "It is very good you are alive, little sister. I give thanks to the gods that it is so."

"Have no fear - you will be rewarded when I come into my own... Meanwhile - what is our next move, then?"


Ariarh Kane wrote:

Ariarh's attention is caught by the mention of the dark altar. "Kae, if the altar is made from the same Obsidian stone as the others we have encountered, than any magic performed within its proximity will be negated. Even if Isani were to attempt to fill the area with positive energy, I am unsure of its success."

Isani only has Consecrate out of her level 2 Cleric spells. Will this work?

Theoretically - it depends on the nature of the stone - you certainly know there was a dark idol there, and a banner representing a dark god - more then that and the spells attached to it... You don't know... You have the potential - but are not guaranteed- you would have to study it to be sure... I should also add, it is rather late at this time - slightly after midnight...


"If you ask me - I'd say send Mister out to that gate there - make sure it is secure - don't want that damn croc coming in that way... If it is open - we may be getting trouble..."

"Anyhow - next thing - worst case scenario - we can trek down to those cabins down by the beach - or maybe in the caves... they both have bunks and some supplies... we can sack out there, if we need too... Even still - what's next?" Brett asks the group.


Male Half-Elf Invulnerable Rager 2/Crossblooded Envenomed+Draconic Sorcerer 1/ Trapper Ranger 1/Rage-Vivisectionist 2/Dragon Disciple 1

"They were using magic near the alter, so I an unsure what the material they are made of can be, but we can investigate it tomorrow. Let us make haste to get to the captives. What do we have to further protect s from the Croc?"

Consecrate could work. It is the counter to Desecrate so if that's the deal then it should work.

is it too late to try to go the deal with the other town in terms of fatigue?


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)

Okay, so I'm a little bit confused. Was the suggestion we sleep back the guard house by the beach tonight and upon morning (renewed strength, renewed spells) go in search of the kobolds or we headed out now at midnight?


Ka'etil Malas'rae wrote:

"They were using magic near the alter, so I an unsure what the material they are made of can be, but we can investigate it tomorrow. Let us make haste to get to the captives. What do we have to further protect s from the Croc?"


Consecrate could work. It is the counter to Desecrate

"Well - worst case - I got these..." Brett says, hefting his pistols.

"What do you want to do - head there tonight? In which case - let's get going - split us up - we each take a skiff or a boat - and put up a few lads on each of the boats - if that damn croc comes - we slam it hard from three angles, eh?" Brett adds as he jogs down to the beach and hops onto the skiff.

"Kae be right then - we go now - if that damn croc hops up - we toss the corpses to them - call up that bloody water elemental or two - and then use it to get to the coast as soon as can be. Come on, then..." he adds.

Brett hops in the skiff, even as Kae suggests, so too does the Anumis - and the ape men - as well as Anaitis and Anuk-su... For now the Ape men, Anaitis and Brett take one of the skiffs - Anuk-su will ride with Ariarh and Isani - and the Anumis will travel with them as well - and that will leave Kae, Clari and Arasmes and Shaezon to travel in a final skiff...

The party - now formed into three groups - drags a few of the dead bodies into the bilges - if the croc shows up - then sets sail for the gate that blocks the tunnel into the wide cave.

The boats make a good headway - and soon - they will be at the gate...

Well gang - what's next? Who has point - and Mister Chekov - you have the con...


Ariarh Kane wrote:

Okay, so I'm a little bit confused. Was the suggestion we sleep back the guard house by the beach tonight and upon morning (renewed strength, renewed spells) go in search of the kobolds or we headed out now at midnight?"

No - just some basic confusion - Brett's suggestion was to sack out and sleep - but he is the antithesis of what the party will do - that's in your hands. Brett only suggests things - and listens to the group. I seemed that Councilman Kae suggests taking the battle to them - Brett will whole-heartily support the plans of the Council - and as such - will advance :)


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)

Ariarh would have opted to sleep, renew and then go in search of the kobolds. We have few spells remaining and barely any healing resources. It does not seem wise to rush off at midnight ...

"Wait, Kae, Brett! It seems foolish to rush off to find the kobolds at this late night. As Anuk-su said they are safe for the time being as none of the enemy are aware that their leader is dead. We barely have a few spells between us and healing resources are almost expired. I say we head down to the beach and rest for the night in the guard house. Upon dawn we renew spells and strength and then head back up to the boats and make the crossing to the western side."


"Alrighty then..." Brett retorts somewhat stiffly.

"Back to the beach, then..." Brett says - and the party will then move back, grabbing their goods and gear - and making their way to the southern side of the island where you found the "guard houses" by the beach.

The party grounds the boats on the beach, grabs their gear - and you then make your way up the tunnel - and toward the smoldering cone of the volcano -

Kae - this is your chance to search the bodies - if you'd like - and if anyone wants to use any "detect" spells - now's the time...

Then you all head down to the beach.

Just let me know what spells you intend to cast - and we can go from there... Then - I'll tell you what happens next...


Male Half-Elf Invulnerable Rager 2/Crossblooded Envenomed+Draconic Sorcerer 1/ Trapper Ranger 1/Rage-Vivisectionist 2/Dragon Disciple 1

Kae Detect Magics and looks for anything magic on the bodies here, and on Anaitis to identify the new items. He also searches the bodies around the cone of the volcano, Gathering any and all masterwork and magical items to identify them. "Shaezon, would you take a moment to identify the magical items here?" [ooc]his check is better, but i'll toss some rolls
spellcraft
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16


HP: 47 AC: 14 Hexblade 5

CLari remains silent through the proceedings, assisting if asked, but otherwise she keeps silent.

"Ariarh, I know this probably isn't a good time, but I'm...concerned about what I seen here tonight. Malas'rae, the succubus, I don't know what to make of things here, but out of everyone, you seem like the one what I could talk to easiest. You seem to know Malas'rae pretty well, and trust him, but I don't get why. But I can wait to ask about it, if ya got to sleep."


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)

This happens before Clari comes to speak with her.

Ariarh will aid Kae. Casts Detect Magic.

Spellcraft rolls to aid:
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)
Clari Miali'ahel wrote:

CLari remains silent through the proceedings, assisting if asked, but otherwise she keeps silent.

"Ariarh, I know this probably isn't a good time, but I'm...concerned about what I seen here tonight. Malas'rae, the succubus, I don't know what to make of things here, but out of everyone, you seem like the one what I could talk to easiest. You seem to know Malas'rae pretty well, and trust him, but I don't get why. But I can wait to ask about it, if ya got to sleep."

"Nay, I do not need to sleep right at this moment and have some time to answer your questions, Clari."

I have an errand to run but I can continue with this conversation once I am home again -- in 30 mins.


Ka'etil Malas'rae wrote:

Kae Detect Magics and looks for anything magic on the bodies here, and on Anaitis to identify the new items. He also searches the bodies around the cone of the volcano, Gathering any and all masterwork and magical items to identify them. "Shaezon, would you take a moment to identify the magical items here?" [ooc]his check is better, but i'll toss some rolls

spellcraft
1d20+11
1d20+11
1d20+11
1d20+11

All the swords with the runes on them are masterwork quality - you already have the stats on them from earlier -

Further; the breastplates are also Masterwork quality - you find each "pink guy" has such a breastplate and sword.

The swords of the green guys were masterwork long swords - standard stats.

The only magical gear of note you discover is the sword the girl is wearing - it is +2, and so is the breastplate - also a +2 - they were both on the "second in command" - the one that Brett searched when the group did not.

You also observe something of note about these swords the pink guys carried (and the blue guy) - they can be used by Clari via her "Dervish Dance"...

The only other thing of note is the altar itself - it is magical - however; there is a strong evocation aura about it - on concentration you believe the altar has had "Unhallow" cast on it. You sense that the primary focus of evil on it may be Bane...

What shall you do with this information?


Female Silver Dragon My Level of Class is unmatched by any and all!

Anuk-su retorts to Clari - speaking her opinion before the conversation can get too far advanced.

"Indeed, lady - we are free to engage in discourse with thee at length! Thou would know more of thy kinsmen, eh? Well - and what of it? Before we should declaim to thee - what is thy pedigree? The half-elf is our ally before thou art - and to him we owe loyalty - to thee? Nay - thou art the one that should prove thy worth to us - who art thou which should seek to take us in to thy confidence for conference?" Anuk-su retorts primly, giving the elf a cool glance, as Brett pinches his nose between his thumb and forefinger and lets out an audible sigh at Anuk-su's delightful speech.

He takes this time to instruct the apes to travel down to the coast with Shaezon and Arasmes - and asks them to make the bunk houses ready and comfortable - suggesting that they prepare a fire and possibly some tea.

The Anumus will obey Ariarh in this matter - but neither the apes nor the Anumus are eager to make fire, or stew bark or roots to prepare "tee" for Brett. Further - he senses that Anaitis refuses to travel far without him - not to be petulant - but because she feels it necessary to guard him.

That said - Brett is doing his best to keep the party away from the cursed altar and distract the apes from the rooms which were used to prepare dark scientific works on the bodies of the same apes.


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)
Clari Miali'ahel wrote:

CLari remains silent through the proceedings, assisting if asked, but otherwise she keeps silent.

"Ariarh, I know this probably isn't a good time, but I'm...concerned about what I seen here tonight. Malas'rae, the succubus, I don't know what to make of things here, but out of everyone, you seem like the one what I could talk to easiest. You seem to know Malas'rae pretty well, and trust him, but I don't get why. But I can wait to ask about it, if ya got to sleep."

"The succubus is attached to Arasmes, through his Infernal bloodline I suspect. Her name is Qwykee and she just appeared one day taking us all by surprise. Although she is a succubus and her father is quite evil, she is attempting to be good, and has shown us on the few occasions she has intervened and come to our aid that she can be good. Her association with Kae ... well it seems it's a physical chemistry felt by Qwykee herself and not at all fostered by Kae. She likes him and is a mischievous spirit ...It is in her nature to play the wanton. Honestly, Kae is quite uneasy around the succubus on the few occasions she has treated him to her presence or flirtation."

"Kae can be chaotic and can rush into things without thinking and make mistakes. But I have known him for some time now and he is trustworthy -- he has a good heart and mayhap with a little more maturity will become a true and wise leader."


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)

Hearing Anuk-su's blunt explanation, she quickly intervenes, knowing Anuk-su and Clari have an argumentative history.

"My dear ward, Clari is simply seeking information regarding her old friend. They have not seen each other for some time and you must admit, initially none of us took well to the succubus until we listened to what she had to say and had witnessed her good intent. Please do not be so hard on Clari. I do not mind answering questions if it will aid in understanding and harmony within the party."


Female Silver Dragon My Level of Class is unmatched by any and all!

"Indeed - the young lad has spirit, promise - and heart - and the wisdom to discern that such private words rarely breed peace between confederates!" Anuk-su huffs with a haughty tone, elbowing her way in front of Clari.

"You ask questions on your own bloodline? What matter of disloyalty is this?! He is the elder - and, moreover - he is the malechild - his ancestry takes precedence over thy own in matters of family - even as thy are elven, this is the truth of it."

"Wouldst thou cleave unto his blood by shared kinship then thy could not divest thyself from his true nature - but rather - thou must accept it with dignity and humility, and trust in the nature of thy family - adhering to it - and trust to his will."

"Should thy dissemble from this course it is not only unseemly - but rather; it bespeaks bold statements on the worth of thy character - and the lack of worth... if thy would not be judged rashly, then I should think that thy would rather hold true the bonds familial - even as I do so - and take to me as kinfolk the bonds of sisterhood in the form of this one here," Anuk-su gestures to Ariarh.

"True - she is not ancient nor of imperial lineage - as I am - even so - I do not speak meanly on her bloodline because it does not stand equal to mine own. As we are sisters, I shall endure such transgressions as racial imperfections - and, therefore - I shall be the truer sister to her - tolerating any time she may fall short of draconic principles - for it is clear that as I am gifted with wisdom, so too am I gifted with great patience and love - all the easier to share with her, and from her to me, for we are - as stated; familial!"

"Therefore I say unto thee - as Master Ka'etil is not only thy blood, but thy elder kinsmen, it is thy right and duty to hearken to his will, and seek readily to obey it, or at least conduct thyself with decorum in his presence. After all - even elves know the value of family, and the respect due to the elder siblings!" she adds - her voice taught, but not overly insulting. She pushes, but only the point, and not to insult - only to remind Clari - Kae is a friend of Anuk-su, and she doesn't care to hear some "Johnny-come-Lately" bad-mouth him behind his back.... especially if it is supposed to be his little sister!

Dragons have very serious opinions about pecking order in families - and how family loyalty is dealt with... This is something that at least Clari's blade may know from Its time near dragon kindred.


"Ahem! Ladies? Please - how about we have this talk away from the big smoking volcano and foul smelling ash - and the evil temple thingee - and maybe go down and get some sack time by the beach - listen to the wind and the waves - fix us some tea, get some bacon... come on - what do you say? Can we all agree to that plan - and take on some things in the morning?" Brett interrupts with a tired but polite question, even as Anaitis stares intently at the group.


HP: 47 AC: 14 Hexblade 5

SOrry, i meant to say that this conversation waits till we are settled down for the night. She waits till there is not anything left to do for the night before approaching Ariarh.

Clari graces Anuk-Su with a blank look, trying not to further upset Keravel by disrespecting the little dragon "Malas'rae and me are not kin. His mother watched over me after his father brutally murdered my family. Clearly, Malas'rae carries the taint of his father's perverse magic. The enchanter summoned all kinds of Fiends and you've seen the half-elf become a fiendish abomination himself."

To Ariarh she replies, "Well, it's good that he don't share the Demoness's attraction..." She is clearly incredibly uncomfortable with the though of Kae and Qwykee together in...that capacity. "He does seem to have grown up. In our home our names mean something to each of us. Malas'rae was his chosen name, means Mad Beast of War. But he's growing out of that, it seems..."


Female Silver Dragon My Level of Class is unmatched by any and all!
Ariarh Kane wrote:

Hearing Anuk-su's blunt explanation, she quickly intervenes, knowing Anuk-su and Clari have an argumentative history.

"My dear ward, Clari is simply seeking information regarding her old friend. They have not seen each other for some time and you must admit, initially none of us took well to the succubus until we listened to what she had to say and had witnessed her good intent. Please do not be so hard on Clari. I do not mind answering questions if it will aid in understanding and harmony within the party."

"True; but she takes thee aside to ask private questions about her brother! What is this? We should show loyalty to the half-elf first - he is our chief companion - not her - and in any case, she should instead obey his needs - he is the elder child, and also - she is not very polite. I don't care for her, to tell you the truth - for I find her to be somewhat... condescending, and a touch arrogant," she adds, lowering her voice, for Ariarh alone.

"Between our own two selves," she says in a harsh whisper "I do not care overly much for arrogant folk - they are, in my opinion - ever so boring, and tedious besides!" she adds, nodding sagely at Ariarh even as Brett is positively stamping with impatience to get out of the cavern and down to the beach.


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)

There were some legitimate points made by Anuk-su but her delivery certainly required work. Even if she did not mean to come across as combative, it seemed the Draconic way was more abrasive socially in this current world.

It is good to know I am tolerated, Ariarh muses privately. The tiredness was seeping into her being and making her uneasy and she wished she could be as frank with her words as Anuk-su was with hers.

"Beloved, I do not believe that Clari was being disrespectful to her elder. She has come onto our lands and we have customs and ways of doing things that are unfamiliar to her. We must make benevolent concessions and we must choose our words carefully. I ask, please let us call truce and get some rest. You have been through an ordeal and I wish you would sleep and recover completely. We are sisters and our love and bond is true. Give Kae and Clari time to re-examine their familial relationship and reform bonds and ties. Please dearest, leave Clari to her thoughts now and come away to bed."


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)

Ariarh would be having this conversation with Clari once they are down at the guard house ... So, I think Brett is a little confused as to the timing of the conversation. ;)


HP: 47 AC: 14 Hexblade 5

SInce clari is sort of responding to everything that the girls have said here, i add this quote.

Clari Miali'ahel wrote:

SOrry, i meant to say that this conversation waits till we are settled down for the night. She waits till there is not anything left to do for the night before approaching Ariarh.

Clari graces Anuk-Su with a blank look, trying not to further upset Keravel by disrespecting the little dragon "Malas'rae and me are not kin. His mother watched over me after his father brutally murdered my family. Clearly, Malas'rae carries the taint of his father's perverse magic. The enchanter summoned all kinds of Fiends and you've seen the half-elf become a fiendish abomination himself."

To Ariarh she replies, "Well, it's good that he don't share the Demoness's attraction..." She is clearly incredibly uncomfortable with the though of Kae and Qwykee together in...that capacity. "He does seem to have grown up. In our home our names mean something to each of us. Malas'rae was his chosen name, means Mad Beast of War. But he's growing out of that, it seems..."

While not one of her usual angry glares, Clari does give the girls a somewhat severe look, that indicates that the though of she and Ka'etil being brother and sister is truly repugnant to her an some sort of deep level.

"I'm an Elf, and Malaas'rae's only a half-breed. I age a lot slower than he does. I looked almost as old as I do now back when he was screaming and crying little brat cutting his teeth. I'm more than twice as old as him. We come from the same place, but we aren't blood."


HP: 47 AC: 14 Hexblade 5

"Mind you, i do love his mother dearly. She took me in and watched over me when everyone i loved was dead, but that was only for about fifteen years. I don't blame her at all, for what happened to them, my family, I mean. She didn't know what kind of man Kae's father really was while he was with us. And after what he did to her, nobody could ever blame her, except maybe herself..." Clari is defending what she is saying, clearly Kae's mother is important to her, and her voice looses some of its gruffness in her earnest to show her dedication and loyalty to the woman.
"Nobody talked about what happened, or where Malas'rae came from. and nobody talked about who it was that slaughtered my kin. She didn't tell me that it was his father that was the monster who did it until Malas'rae and I . . . were older, looked about the same age." Clari shudders at an unpleasant thought. "Well, I left as soon as I found out what the brat really was, and haven't seen Malas'rae since. I've been trying to find the Summoner for years, but he holed up in Belkenz with the orc. Apparently he's part of some clan of them or something, so I'm biding my time till I can kill his father."


Female Silver Dragon My Level of Class is unmatched by any and all!
Clari Miali'ahel wrote:

SInce clari is sort of responding to everything that the girls have said here, i add this quote.

Clari Miali'ahel wrote:

SOrry, i meant to say that this conversation waits till we are settled down for the night. She waits till there is not anything left to do for the night before approaching Ariarh.

Clari graces Anuk-Su with a blank look, trying not to further upset Keravel by disrespecting the little dragon "Malas'rae and me are not kin. His mother watched over me after his father brutally murdered my family. Clearly, Malas'rae carries the taint of his father's perverse magic. The enchanter summoned all kinds of Fiends and you've seen the half-elf become a fiendish abomination himself."

To Ariarh she replies, "Well, it's good that he don't share the Demoness's attraction..." She is clearly incredibly uncomfortable with the though of Kae and Qwykee together in...that capacity. "He does seem to have grown up. In our home our names mean something to each of us. Malas'rae was his chosen name, means Mad Beast of War. But he's growing out of that, it seems..."

While not one of her usual angry glares, Clari does give the girls a somewhat severe look, that indicates that the though of she and Ka'etil being brother and sister is truly repugnant to her an some sort of deep level.

"I'm an Elf, and Malaas'rae's only a half-breed. I age a lot slower than he does. I looked almost as old as I do now back when he was screaming and crying little brat cutting his teeth. I'm more than twice as old as him. We come from the same place, but we aren't blood."

"Yes... you are a mere elf - and if thou would compute worth by age then I eclipse thee by many centuries - and am far superior in value to thee therefore by merit," she adds, staring at Clari.

"Further - thy species is ancient - but you are clearly not aligned to the wisdom of your elders, nor thy betters! If that were so - then thou would bend thy thinking to the will of the universe bends itself to the nuances of the will of the gods themselves! Indeed - as the gods do knit the stars in the heavens or create the planes in existence- so too do they trouble themselves with such trivium as bloodline. In short order, elf - thy present a lowly assessment of the gods - and through them where they they place thee and thy kinfolk! What - do thy think that thy know better thy value then that of the gods themselves? 'Twas they which gave thee this one as thy brother - it was their will to do so - accept this as fact, and with some form of dignity... Yet rather; see how thy do declaim!"

"Thou see thy brother as a conduit for mockery, an object of thy scorn or ridicule! How so - he is thy blood - the gods made him so - so not only do thy mock thy own blood, and through it thyself... but thy mock the very gods; for they have given him to thee as your own blood - if thy had quality then I would say cherish it, rather then mock it..."

Anuk-su tilts her head back to look down her nose at the elf who is taller then her, even so...

"Or do thy seek to grandiose thy own name over the gods themselves, and so add blasphemy on to the list of thy dark marks - as too disloyalty to thy own family!" she adds the last with a hiss.


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)

"I apologise if I misunderstood the nature of your relationship with Kae -- I believed there was a closeness not taking into account all that his father perpetrated against your family. Kae hurts when he speaks of his Mother -- in that he loves her and feels her pain. He does not talk about it overly much and I do not pry or push him to reveal his history. Mayhap, once this quest is done and we are all returned to Saravale, the two of you can sit down and have an open and honest discourse and clear the air. He may share his father's blood but he is not his father and you must try and see him in his own right, look into Kae's heart and know the person he is."

Being thoughtful for a moment or two she continues, "Vengeance is a hard and lonely road, Clari. I understand the need for recompense for the unjust murder of one's family. Yet I am unable to pursue such a deadly goal and it does not sit right with me. Yet, I cannot tell you what to do for you must follow your own heart. Anger begets anger and it can pollute your being. Do not let your oath to murder the father sever your ties to the son. I believe Kae would not forsake you. Consider that if you will."


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)

Realising the conversation will only get more heated the more insults that are thrown, whether consciously meant or not, Ariarh takes hold of Anuk-su's hand and leads her to one of the bunks. "It is time for sleep. We all have a long day ahead of us tomorrow. If you would share a bed, sister, then I will happily comply. I need to speak with Brett first in regard to guard duty and then I will retire. There will be no more talk on this tonight", and Ariarh bends down and softly kisses the dragon Princess on the forehead and then gives Clari a gentle nod and smile over the top of Anuk-su's head. "Good night."


HP: 47 AC: 14 Hexblade 5

Clari crouches down low so Anuk-su can look down on her more easily and looks upward at the girl.

"If i'm supposed to treat the boy that was born when i was almost 80 years old like my elder when he can't be more than 25, then...well I don't know. It seems silly to me."

"Now, when I knew him as a boy, Malas'rae lived up to his name. He was a mad and vicious beast of a brat. Ask him, he'll agree with me. Yet it looks like he grew up to have some pretty staunch defenders that are clearly good people," she says looking at Ariarh. "But this is the first time I've seen him turn into a demon like that. He ripped those creatures apart, and it was brutal, and it was terrifying, and seeing the way he just stands there all covered in blood, with gore dripping from his fingers and face and the way he practically forgets it's there... Almost as if he is comfortable covered in... Seeing him like that, that monster, it frightens me even more than he did when he was a boy. And by the time I left , he really was a frightening creature in many ways..." Clari isn't focused on Anuk-su at this point, and more rambling, distant. After a moment she stands, and looks at Ariarh.

"Thank you for your words. I just do not know what to make of things as they stand. But helping the Kobold is certainly the most pressing matter at the moment, and if you trust what Malas'rae's become, then I can deal with that. I am sorry that i brough it up right now, but I needed some kind of reassurance for Keravel. It's not a trusting blade, and hates fiends even more than me, if you can believe it."

She leaves to allow Ariarh to be about her business. "Although you may want to think about what your friend Kae looks like as gores a man to death"


Female Silver Dragon My Level of Class is unmatched by any and all!

"Humph! Well - alright then - but before I retire properly - I shall demand firstly a slab of bacon, broiled, not fried - and tea, with honey, clearly - and, tell the good Halfling to hurry, for the night grows late and I have had a long evening! Also - before thou retire as well - make haste - for I would have a proper tale to send me to the dreamworld! Oh - and while thou are about thy business send Mister Dior hence to my bed, so that we two may warm the bedclothes for thee properly - and let it be known to him that if good Mister Dior snuggles adequately I shall do fair duty and let him taste a portion of my bacon, once Mister Rowan prepares it... Now - hurry along, as I said - the hour is late..." she adds, letting you know you have her leave by giving you a polite "wave of her hand"...


Female Silver Dragon My Level of Class is unmatched by any and all!

Ariarh - hearing Clari - rouses herself...

"Fear little for that - there is darkness in him - but it can be exorcised rightly, I should think - with patience and perseverance- the element of Chaos that bonds itself to mortal flesh may yet be removed and leave the flesh healed... I have heard tales regarding such things, spoken on regarding a warlord in the western lands of Ustalav - but he originally came from some small berg of little note, so small that I cannot recall the name of it..."

"In any case - this man - he had fine manners, and was gracious - and handsome - and a fine warrior besides - and - moreover - a priest of note - even so; it is said behind closed doors he did dark things - cruel things - and in the end, his obsession for finding a cure to the woes of mortality would be his undoing... What was his name... Ah yes!" she adds, suddenly remembering.

"Lutharo - Alexander Lutharo... I recall his standard well - the double runic L - emblazoned on it - for it is said that the rune "L" - so rendered - is the rune for dreams of great things - but to double it shows both Chaos, in the form of a dark dream... So too, it was with him... He took then his surname, and shortened on his standard after the insanity of his own father... and so his standard bore thus the double rune - "LL" - for he shortened his name... they called him "Lex" - as do the tales speak..."

"He practiced many things - always for a good purpose, no matter how dark his path - so he said - but - if there was ever a man to exorcise dark blood from flesh - surely this is such a man who could do so... Perhaps it would be interesting, if he were discovered?" she adds, pondering the mystery - on if Kae could actually have his "tainted blood" forcibly removed.


Female Silver Dragon My Level of Class is unmatched by any and all!

Anuk-su does not fully know - but certainly Brett would - and likely Ariarh - and possibly Kae, if he did any reading last winter -

Lencher studied the theories of Lutharo - specifically the methodology of using alchemical remedies and potions to gain power and further knowledge and learning for a purpose.

However - Lencher's methods were far more... direct; Lutharo preferred a more subtle approach - and despite their duality in dark practices, Lutharo sincerely believed his actions were ultimately righteous- even if the entire world wouldn't appreciate it until after he was long dead.

He had attempted to - for example - create a rudimentary dialysis machine to attempt to remove "tainted blood" from sorcerers and vampires - ghouls and other things - rumor had it that he had attempted to use surgeons to discover the threads in the brains of Halflings who had been cursed in the desert with a cannibalistic insanity - and so discover the element of Chaos in the brain and remove it with tools, not magic. He had other experiments - all with dark side effects and darker results - but always with the ultimate drive to compile cures to the woes of humanity - his chief concern.

It is said his former obsession was with the god Aroden - and was clearly driven with tales of how a being born as a mere boy could one day be looked upon as a god - and was especially obsessed with legends of a visitor from the heavens who would fly down into the realms of man to do miraculous deeds and help mankind...

Truly a strange individual - even so - the story may be interesting to Clari - and Anuk-su is resolved to share with the elf this information.

After a good night sleep, however...


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)
Anuk-su Seti wrote:
"Humph! Well - alright then - but before I retire properly - I shall demand firstly a slab of bacon, broiled, not fried - and tea, with honey, clearly - and, tell the good Halfling to hurry, for the night grows late and I have had a long evening! Also - before thou retire as well - make haste - for I would have a proper tale to send me to the dreamworld! Oh - and while thou are about thy business send Mister Dior hence to my bed, so that we two may warm the bedclothes for thee properly - and let it be known to him that if good Mister Dior snuggles adequately I shall do fair duty and let him taste a portion of my bacon, once Mister Rowan prepares it... Now - hurry along, as I said - the hour is late..." she adds, letting you know you have her leave by giving you a polite "wave of her hand"...

It would seem it would be her lot in this lifetime to be at the whim of a precocious dragon Princess. "Indeed, beloved, I shall speak to Brett regarding some broiled bacon and honey tea. I will also send Dior to you and he shall snuggle up nicely on the bed and would enjoy a bit of your bacon I am sure", and with that she gives a small bow with her head and turns away from Anuk-su in pursuit of Brett and some adult conversation and a little quiet time before bed.

To Clari she answers softly, "I have seen Kae covered in blood and gore and tearing an evil creature to death. And although it can be a terrifying sight to behold it is done in the service of good and for that I shall not condemn him. Goodnight, Clari. We shall speak again on the morrow."


M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2

Holy crap you did a alot of posting last night. Catching up now.


Kyton-spawn Tiefling Evolutionist Summoner 7 (Noble) (Init +1 / F +7 R +4 W +7 / Perc. +11 / AC 14 /HP 53

Arasmes picks up the thread of conversation, having been brooding a bit over his twice over near death experiences.

Appearances can be misleading in many regards, especially in the world we live in. Would you feel better about Kae if he wore the same blood and remnants of battle but wore wings of white feathers and his claws were the golden tipped claws of an archon? Does the blood look different upon such a creatures hands than it does upon his? I have always believed it is not the look of someone's face but what lies in that creatures heart that really matters. From what I have seen Kae fights for his friends, defends those weaker than himself, and genuinely tries to do what is right. Those things are what make a creature noble regardless of accident of birth or circumstance. To me pride in your race, of which no one ever has any choice in how they are born, seems as foolish as being proud of being naturally tall or any other host of things of which you have no control. Pride in the things you have done to better yourself and those around you is a pride everyone should strive for in my opinion.

Stopping himself he goes to Ariarh, Isani and Brett and says My sincerest thanks for saving my life. I felt myself slipping away and you pulled me back. though his thanks is sincerely for all three, his eyes do linger on Isani a few moments longer than the others. In Osiriani he says to her Osiriani حياتي ملك لك

Osiriani:
My life belongs to you, Sadiqati.


M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2

Shaezon will detect magic on everything to see it's qualities and find magical properties. I believe it's already been taken care of, but he has a +17 to identify magic items if needed.

He'll accomodate with making camp and using prestidigitation and his unseen servant. When the dragon princess gets pushy he'll inform his unseen servant to follow her instructions. If she continues to get pushy he will politely inform her that he is not her manservant.

Other than that Shae tries to be as accomodating as possible for all involved, but he lets anyone who needs to know that he needs to rest so he can prepare spells. At first opportunity he will reverie (elves version of sleep) in his standard (for camping) cross legges position for four hours, then spend the next 4 resting (though conscious), then another hour preparing spells in the morning.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Mister would have made it a point to be present for any group healing and thus should be back up to full HP. He doesn't have very many to begin with (just 17). Prior to that he had a very visible and nasty gash along his side and going up to his neck. It was clearly a clost call. Another half inch and the attack would have severed his Jugular and he'd be dead.

When Anuksu calls him "Faux Dragon" he says, "Hey!" in a very offended tone, but that's the extent of his Protest.

Once he's healed Mister will relay whatever message to Galen the group wishes, but it becomes fairly clear that perhaps it would be better to write it down instead of relying on Mister's memory.

I'd like to take a moment to clarify how Mister's telepathy works. He can detect and recieve surface thoughts in a 60' cone. When messages are relayed through him they are done so by him, like the telephone game. Person 1 thinks: "That car is blue." Mister hears that and then in his voice turns to person 2 and "says" in Mister's voice "That car is blue." Long messages may get inadvertantly altered. Mister acting as the relayer in this case. It's a fine system for stealthy missions, etc. However, not as useful as actually talking to others. We don't need to roleplay this small interaction every time, but I wanted to clear that up. I want to make sure no one thinks that it works like the spell Telepathic bond because that spell may come into play at higher levels.

Telepathic Bond:

Telepathic Bond

School divination; Level sorcerer/wizard 5

Casting Time 1 standard action

Components V, S, M (two eggshells from two different creatures)

Range close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)

Targets you plus one willing creature per three levels, no two of which can be more than 30 ft. apart

Duration 10 min./level (D)

Saving Throw none; Spell Resistance no

You forge a telepathic bond among yourself and a number of willing creatures, each of which must have an Intelligence score of 3 or higher. Each creature included in the link is linked to all the others. The creatures can communicate telepathically through the bond regardless of language. No special power or influence is established as a result of the bond. Once the bond is formed, it works over any distance (although not from one plane to another).

If desired, you may leave yourself out of the telepathic bond forged. This decision must be made at the time of casting.

Telepathic bond can be made permanent with a permanency spell, though it only bonds two creatures per casting of permanency .


M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2

To CLari in regard to the Succubus:

"I haven't quite decided how I feel about that one myself. She's useful, to be sure, but I would limit the tasks I choose to trust her with. As best as I can tell she appears to be making attempts to defy her heritage, she's just not entirely clear on some of the specifics."


Arasmes ibn'Fayad wrote:

Arasmes picks up the thread of conversation, having been brooding a bit over his twice over near death experiences.

Appearances can be misleading in many regards, especially in the world we live in. Would you feel better about Kae if he wore the same blood and remnants of battle but wore wings of white feathers and his claws were the golden tipped claws of an archon? Does the blood look different upon such a creatures hands than it does upon his? I have always believed it is not the look of someone's face but what lies in that creatures heart that really matters. From what I have seen Kae fights for his friends, defends those weaker than himself, and genuinely tries to do what is right. Those things are what make a creature noble regardless of accident of birth or circumstance. To me pride in your race, of which no one ever has any choice in how they are born, seems as foolish as being proud of being naturally tall or any other host of things of which you have no control. Pride in the things you have done to better yourself and those around you is a pride everyone should strive for in my opinion.

Stopping himself he goes to Ariarh, Isani and Brett and says My sincerest thanks for saving my life. I felt myself slipping away and you pulled me back. though his thanks is sincerely for all three, his eyes do linger on Isani a few moments longer than the others. In Osiriani he says to her Osiriani حياتي ملك لك ** spoiler omitted **

Brett, who is currently munching a large cigar, stomps over to Arasmes.

"Actually, bub - your life may be hers - but your ass is mine - I was the one who bloody went down just to make sure you didn't die - and all the thanks I get of it is some back hand comments about "being naturally tall" - which I reckon ain't meant for my "wee wittle ears" - but I figure I can still hear good enough anyhow," Brett says looking up at Arasmes.

"You want to keep mooning over the lass - be my guest - but next time how about thanking all the mates that kept you breathing, - rather then deaded - instead o' just the women folk; and by the by - it seems that making sure you don't die seems to real stiff skill to tackle, a little niceness be appreciated."

Brett loiters a moment to see if any comment is forthcoming from Arasmes. If none occurs - he'll just go back to working the fire and trying to warm the cabin.


Shaezon Silverfall wrote:

Shaezon will detect magic on everything to see it's qualities and find magical properties. I believe it's already been taken care of, but he has a +17 to identify magic items if needed.

He'll accomodate with making camp and using prestidigitation and his unseen servant. When the dragon princess gets pushy he'll inform his unseen servant to follow her instructions. If she continues to get pushy he will politely inform her that he is not her manservant.

Other than that Shae tries to be as accomodating as possible for all involved, but he lets anyone who needs to know that he needs to rest so he can prepare spells. At first opportunity he will reverie (elves version of sleep) in his standard (for camping) cross legges position for four hours, then spend the next 4 resting (though conscious), then another hour preparing spells in the morning.

It is currently 12:30 A.M. - or at least nearly 1:00 A.M. - if that helps you. Meanwhile - Anuk-su has not asked specifically for your help, so she certainly won't demand any action from you, and will accept it without comment when offered.


Mister wrote:

Mister would have made it a point to be present for any group healing and thus should be back up to full HP. He doesn't have very many to begin with (just 17). Prior to that he had a very visible and nasty gash along his side and going up to his neck. It was clearly a clost call. Another half inch and the attack would have severed his Jugular and he'd be dead.

When Anuksu calls him "Faux Dragon" he says, "Hey!" in a very offended tone, but that's the extent of his Protest.

Once he's healed Mister will relay whatever message to Galen the group wishes, but it becomes fairly clear that perhaps it would be better to write it down instead of relying on Mister's memory.

I'd like to take a moment to clarify how Mister's telepathy works. He can detect and recieve surface thoughts in a 60' cone. When messages are relayed through him they are done so by him, like the telephone game. Person 1 thinks: "That car is blue." Mister hears that and then in his voice turns to person 2 and "says" in Mister's voice "That car is blue." Long messages may get inadvertantly altered. Mister acting as the relayer in this case. It's a fine system for stealthy missions, etc. However, not as useful as actually talking to others. We don't need to roleplay this small interaction every time, but I wanted to clear that up. I want to make sure no one thinks that it works like the spell Telepathic bond because that spell may come into play at higher levels.

** spoiler omitted **...

Thank you for the clarification - this actually came up recently, and the group was not sure how to proceed - now we know, and we'll be using this as the model from now on :)


M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2
Dain GM wrote:


It is currently 12:30 A.M. - or at least nearly 1:00 A.M. - if that helps you. Meanwhile - Anuk-su has not asked specifically for your help, so she certainly won't demand any action from you, and will accept it without comment when offered.

She or Brett had asked me and someone else to set up camp then started making demands about her bacon and what not. I just wanted to be clear that Shae was Accomodating and polite, but had no intention of falling into the serrvant role. No worries though. I just wanted to be clear. Besides that he has no real ability to cook besides flavoring things magically with Prestiditation. ;-)


Dain GM wrote:
Thank you for the clarification - this actually came up recently, and the group was not sure how to proceed - now we know, and we'll be using this as the model from now on :)

No worries. Basically, for short messages in close range when time is a minimal factor Mister can and happily will help out. Actually even in combat if he's not otherwise engaged he'll have a standing readied action (even though Thinking is a non action) to turn his head and relay or whatever. Just keep them short and it'll be a fine system. He'll just need some sort of signal that this is what you want to do. A look, a gesture, or whatever to let him know to start reading your surface thoughts. It's not something he does constantly. I imagine in a world where telepathy exists that would be the equivalent of leering at someone.


Kyton-spawn Tiefling Evolutionist Summoner 7 (Noble) (Init +1 / F +7 R +4 W +7 / Perc. +11 / AC 14 /HP 53
Arasmes ibn'Fayad wrote:


Stopping himself he goes to Ariarh, Isani and Brett and says [b]My sincerest thanks for saving my life. I felt myself slipping away and you pulled me back.

Did you miss the part above or is Brett just being deliberately obtuse and an a*$#%!+? I will wait to respond if you wish to clarify and the comments about pride had nothing to do with Brett and were a response to Clari about Kae as was stated.


Arasmes ibn'Fayad wrote:
Arasmes ibn'Fayad wrote:


Stopping himself he goes to Ariarh, Isani and Brett and says [b]My sincerest thanks for saving my life. I felt myself slipping away and you pulled me back.
Did you miss the part above or is Brett just being deliberately obtuse and an a$$~!!*? I will wait to respond if you wish to clarify and the comments about pride had nothing to do with Brett and were a response to Clari about Kae as was stated.

Ah - we spoke about this while I was at work - er... texted... A concussion and the subsequent nausea and headache had eroded my memory somewhat. However - you do raise an interesting issue - which I shall address with a post in a moment - I will first write it in Word - then paste it in...

Except it when you see it :)


Shaezon Silverfall wrote:
Dain GM wrote:


It is currently 12:30 A.M. - or at least nearly 1:00 A.M. - if that helps you. Meanwhile - Anuk-su has not asked specifically for your help, so she certainly won't demand any action from you, and will accept it without comment when offered.
She or Brett had asked me and someone else to set up camp then started making demands about her bacon and what not. I just wanted to be clear that Shae was Accomodating and polite, but had no intention of falling into the serrvant role. No worries though. I just wanted to be clear. Besides that he has no real ability to cook besides flavoring things magically with Prestiditation. ;-)

No worries - that was basically Anuk-su being a 9 year old girl, coupled with being a princess, who had just come around after receiving magical healing. I felt it better to socially RP that she was back to her old self, rather then just being boring and stating that directly :)


M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2
Dain GM wrote:
Shaezon Silverfall wrote:
Dain GM wrote:


It is currently 12:30 A.M. - or at least nearly 1:00 A.M. - if that helps you. Meanwhile - Anuk-su has not asked specifically for your help, so she certainly won't demand any action from you, and will accept it without comment when offered.
She or Brett had asked me and someone else to set up camp then started making demands about her bacon and what not. I just wanted to be clear that Shae was Accomodating and polite, but had no intention of falling into the serrvant role. No worries though. I just wanted to be clear. Besides that he has no real ability to cook besides flavoring things magically with Prestiditation. ;-)
No worries - that was basically Anuk-su being a 9 year old girl, coupled with being a princess, who had just come around after receiving magical healing. I felt it better to socially RP that she was back to her old self, rather then just being boring and stating that directly :)

I figured and no worries. my comment was just for clarity.

9,901 to 9,950 of 10,645 << first < prev | 194 | 195 | 196 | 197 | 198 | 199 | 200 | 201 | 202 | 203 | 204 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dain's King Maker Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.