Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Dain's King Maker Chronicles

Game Master dain120475

Introduction

This is the Kingmaker Campaign, yet it is filled with many deviations from the boxed set. The "Campaign Information" page is meant as a quick resource to help sum up the thousands of posts quickly.


9,751 to 9,800 of 10,695 << first < prev | 191 | 192 | 193 | 194 | 195 | 196 | 197 | 198 | 199 | 200 | 201 | next > last >>

Ariarh Kane wrote:

Since none of us are working with coordinates and positions and Ras moved back to us last round, it can be VERY difficult to discern where any of us are at this time. I supposed Ras was within 5 ft of us but again no coordinates to confirm exactly where. Ry called down a lightning bolt this round which is only a standard action as casting was a full round previously. Doesn't this allow her more leeway?

And this instruction from you: "The creature is right in front of Ras - and will likely do him damage and harm - and the rest of the party in the tunnel is free to attack it - if they choose to" is misleading then.

By "rest of the party" - I meant anyone in the party who has not taken an action this initiative.

At this time - I am not sure what Shaezon has done this round - if has a weapon out - or a spell ready - he could attack the creature. I think he probably will - because Mister flew back to him with only 1 HP left - and he probably won't want the little dragon to die - and I don't think Shaezon did anything this round yet.

Also - of course - there are the NPC's - but I was waiting to see if Shae would act before they did - just to see what Shae wanted to do. Naturally if he already acted - they are free to - but I put that notice up that way mainly to let Ras know that there was still - roughly - half the party (if you count NPC's) - in the tunnel who can step up and attack this creature, so he wouldn't be too worried about having a demon suddenly appear right next to him and attacking.

I was just planning on letting Shae make a move first - if he wanted to, that was all.


Ariarh Kane wrote:
dain120475 wrote:
Ariarh Kane wrote:

Since none of us are working with coordinates and positions and Ras moved back to us last round, it can be VERY difficult to discern where any of us are at this time. I supposed Ras was within 5 ft of us but again no coordinates to confirm exactly where. Ry called down lightning this round which is only a standard action as casting was a full round previously. Doesn't this allow her more leeway?

Indeed! Didn't know it was only a standard action.

However - you also need to 1. Draw your weapon (move action) - and 2. Attack the Creature (attack action) and 3. Move to hit the creature (he is not standing next to you - because you and Brett are already at the cave mouth - and I would assume Ras and Shae are right behind, not to mention Dior).

The creature needs to occupy at least a 5x5 square - he isn't on top of you and Brett - nor is he on top of Shae or Arasmes - with Kae and Clari gone from the group - and Isani - he'd be as close to Ras as possible - because he already knows what Ras is capable of from last battle, which would put him back farther from you and the front of the cave...

Meanwhile - you believe that he'd be going after the spellcasters now...

Then - when the "artillery" is taken out - he'll downshift - probably - with the healing staff - who will likely be exhausting powers on keeping the fighters up.

Dior, on his turn this round, flew down upon Ariarh's instruction and is now beside Isani -- 60 ft down the stairs.

Ah! Apologies - okay - he's down the stairs then.

In which case it is likely that the current "marching order" at the top of the stairs would look like -

Brett/Ariarh -
Shaezon/mister/Ras
Girl
Dhoj/Khang
Grod - who is bringing up the rear by himself.

Brett moved up from the other NPC's to aid with range - the rest of the NPC's have sort of hung back - as they don't know what is going on yet - and were basically waiting for instructions.


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)
Dain GM wrote:
Ariarh Kane wrote:

Since none of us are working with coordinates and positions and Ras moved back to us last round, it can be VERY difficult to discern where any of us are at this time. I supposed Ras was within 5 ft of us but again no coordinates to confirm exactly where. Ry called down a lightning bolt this round which is only a standard action as casting was a full round previously. Doesn't this allow her more leeway?

And this instruction from you: "The creature is right in front of Ras - and will likely do him damage and harm - and the rest of the party in the tunnel is free to attack it - if they choose to" is misleading then.

By "rest of the party" - I meant anyone in the party who has not taken an action this initiative.

At this time - I am not sure what Shaezon has done this round - if has a weapon out - or a spell ready - he could attack the creature. I think he probably will - because Mister flew back to him with only 1 HP left - and he probably won't want the little dragon to die - and I don't think Shaezon did anything this round yet.

Also - of course - there are the NPC's - but I was waiting to see if Shae would act before they did - just to see what Shae wanted to do. Naturally if he already acted - they are free to - but I put that notice up that way mainly to let Ras know that there was still - roughly - half the party (if you count NPC's) - in the tunnel who can step up and attack this creature, so he wouldn't be too worried about having a demon suddenly appear right next to him and attacking.

I was just planning on letting Shae make a move first - if he wanted to, that was all.

Shae never rolled initiative yesterday ... so I have no idea where he is in initiative order. If you wanted Shae to act against the creature then maybe the instruction should have been more definitive and specific. That's all I'm saying. Otherwise confusion can occur.


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)
Dain GM wrote:

In which case it is likely that the current "marching order" at the top of the stairs would look like -

Brett/Ariarh -
Shaezon/mister/Ras
Girl
Dhoj/Khang
Grod - who is bringing up the rear by himself.

Brett moved up from the other NPC's to aid with range - the rest of the NPC's have sort of hung back - as they don't know what is going on yet - and were basically waiting for instructions.

So if the creature stood in front of Ras as you had written in your post, then we would be flanking it (as Ariarh/Brett would be directly behind it) -- it's sandwiched between two sides (Ras/Shae and Ry/Brett) and therefore Ry could pull out her dagger (move) and stab it (action). Or am I completely misreading this whole scenario ...

Can you give us the new initiative order too, please? Arasmes held action yesterday and then I'm not sure when he acted (but I know he did) so my initiative list for everyone (but Shae) from yesterday is now null and void.


Ariarh Kane wrote:
Dain GM wrote:

In which case it is likely that the current "marching order" at the top of the stairs would look like -

Brett/Ariarh -
Shaezon/mister/Ras
Girl
Dhoj/Khang
Grod - who is bringing up the rear by himself.

Brett moved up from the other NPC's to aid with range - the rest of the NPC's have sort of hung back - as they don't know what is going on yet - and were basically waiting for instructions.

So if the creature stood in front of Ras as you had written in your post, then we would be flanking it (as Ariarh/Brett would be directly behind it) -- it's sandwiched between two sides (Ras/Shae and Ry/Brett) and therefore Ry could pull out her dagger (move) and stab it (action). Or am I completely misreading this whole scenario ...

You're nearly on target - but not quite.

You and Brett are at the front of the cave opening.

The creature is not in front of you.

Behind you is (as I understand it) - Ras and Shaezon - which would allow them to see things - and take actions with spells, but have you as cover.

Behind THEM is only the girl, and a 5 foot space next to her - which is where the creature would appear.

At this point folks who could get AoO against it include -

Girl, Dhoj, and Khang - and (theoretically) Shaezon, depending on what he does. He did say he had hardly any spells left at this time, though - and that's why I don't think he did anything.

Basically - the creature would be at least 10 feet from you. So you'd have to draw your dagger, and take a 5 foot step - and attack - all of this after you already did a standard action - so that wouldn't work.

The creature got "surprise" on Ras - and the rest of you guys, anyway - because no one knew he was there - or where he came from. So his very presence to you would be - effectively - like a surprise round.


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)

Okay, so the scenario changed because you weren't aware of where everyone was standing and Ariarh cannot attack from her position. Got it. Thanks.

Also, would definitely like a new initiative order list since Shae never rolled initiative yesterday and then Ras held action and then acted. I am confused as it seems the pink enemy is acting (attacking Kae) before the Jackals turn when the Jackals were before them on the initiative list (Jackals got 22, Pink guys got a 13).


Ariarh Kane wrote:
Okay, so the scenario changed and Ariarh cannot attack from her position. Got it. Thanks.

The scenario absolutely did not change.

You were at the front of the cave entrance - with Brett - using ranged weapons/spells.

Directly behind you was Ras/Shaezon - with Mister

Directly behind THAT was the girl

Directly behind her was Dhoj and Khang

Directly behind them was Grod

You and Brett take a 5x5 square in a tunnel that is exactly 10 feet wide.

As does Shae and Ras (Mister just sitting on Shae's shoulder).

If the creature wanted to attack Ras - he would not have appeared in front of you/Brett - because he could not reach Ras.

He would not have appeared on top of you or Brett to attack Ras - nor would he have appeared on top of Ras/Shae to attack Ras.

He would have appeared behind Ras - who is behind you.

He would have appeared there because that was the only open space he could have appeared to attack Ras.

Also - even if he appeared in front of you and attacked - he would have surprised you - you could not have attacked him even if he appeared in front of you and attacked you - because you were surprised.


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)

This is what you said in your initial posting when you got your creature to act:

"Suddenly, next to Ras - who is currently casting - a creature appears that strikes Ras for potential Damage.

This creature is none other then the same creature you encountered before - the monster summoned by the now dead leader.

He makes a bite attack against Ras - trying to interrupt the spell -

bite attack
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

IF he hits -
1d6 ⇒ 4 Normal - 1d6 ⇒ 2 Acid.

And I'll need Ras to make a Fortitude roll for disease...

The creature is right in front of Ras - and will likely do him damage and harm - and the rest of the party in the tunnel is free to attack it - if they choose to."

So yes the scenario did change if the creature is now behind Arasmes.


By "In Front" I mean he is in front of Ras via the way the creature is facing - Ras is "In Front" of the creature. The creature isn't using a range attack, or range spell - or some sort of mind effecting attack.

I should have been more specific and said instead "right next to" - instead of "in front of" - because that was confusing. I didn't think to, because I thought it was clear he couldn't literally be to Ras's west - which is clearly in front of Ras (as Ras is facing west) - because there was no room for him.

This is - for me - another example of bad communication. I erred in how I wrote that sentence - and it has done nothing but cause headache and frustration with my players - which, of course - doesn't make me happy, either, because I don't want to stress anyone out.

I wrote a bit of a better explanation on the Discussion thread regarding this - and the combat as a whole. I hope it helps.


M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2
dain120475 wrote:
Ariarh Kane wrote:

Since none of us are working with coordinates and positions and Ras moved back to us last round, it can be VERY difficult to discern where any of us are at this time. I supposed Ras was within 5 ft of us but again no coordinates to confirm exactly where. Ry called down lightning this round which is only a standard action as casting was a full round previously. Doesn't this allow her more leeway?

Indeed! Didn't know it was only a standard action.

However - you also need to 1. Draw your weapon (move action) - and 2. Attack the Creature (attack action) and 3. Move to hit the creature (he is not standing next to you - because you and Brett are already at the cave mouth - and I would assume Ras and Shae are right behind, not to mention Dior).

The creature needs to occupy at least a 5x5 square - he isn't on top of you and Brett - nor is he on top of Shae or Arasmes - with Kae and Clari gone from the group - and Isani - he'd be as close to Ras as possible - because he already knows what Ras is capable of from last battle, which would put him back farther from you and the front of the cave...

Meanwhile - you believe that he'd be going after the spellcasters now...

Then - when the "artillery" is taken out - he'll downshift - probably - with the healing staff - who will likely be exhausting powers on keeping the fighters up.

Small point of order. You can draw a weapon as part of a move action. Meaning the moving and the drawing are the same move action. So you can move while drawing a weapon (move action) and attack (standard action). Just FYI going forward.


Kyton-spawn Tiefling Evolutionist Summoner 7 (Noble) (Init +1 / F +7 R +4 W +7 / Perc. +11 / AC 14 /HP 53

Concentration to keep spell = to 10 + damage dealt (4 bite + 2 acid=6) + spell level of 2= DC18 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23

Fort Save 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21


Shaezon Silverfall wrote:
dain120475 wrote:
Ariarh Kane wrote:

Since none of us are working with coordinates and positions and Ras moved back to us last round, it can be VERY difficult to discern where any of us are at this time. I supposed Ras was within 5 ft of us but again no coordinates to confirm exactly where. Ry called down lightning this round which is only a standard action as casting was a full round previously. Doesn't this allow her more leeway?

Indeed! Didn't know it was only a standard action.

However - you also need to 1. Draw your weapon (move action) - and 2. Attack the Creature (attack action) and 3. Move to hit the creature (he is not standing next to you - because you and Brett are already at the cave mouth - and I would assume Ras and Shae are right behind, not to mention Dior).

The creature needs to occupy at least a 5x5 square - he isn't on top of you and Brett - nor is he on top of Shae or Arasmes - with Kae and Clari gone from the group - and Isani - he'd be as close to Ras as possible - because he already knows what Ras is capable of from last battle, which would put him back farther from you and the front of the cave...

Meanwhile - you believe that he'd be going after the spellcasters now...

Then - when the "artillery" is taken out - he'll downshift - probably - with the healing staff - who will likely be exhausting powers on keeping the fighters up.

Small point of order. You can draw a weapon as part of a move action. Meaning the moving and the drawing are the same move action. So you can move while drawing a weapon (move action) and attack (standard action). Just FYI going forward.

True - but you can't take a standard action - draw a weapon, make a movement - and attack - at least - not that I've heard of... ;)


Arasmes ibn'Fayad wrote:

Concentration to keep spell = to 10 + damage dealt (4 bite + 2 acid=6) + spell level of 2= DC18 1d20+12

Fort Save 1d20+5

I don't think it would matter too much - but unless I am mistaken - Arasmes doesn't have a 21 AC - the reason I ask is because I think the creature confirmed it's critical hit - which, I believe may have done extra damage.

In either case - even with the extra damage - I believe that Arasmes would still make the check.

The creature actually did extra damage - for a total of 5 extra - meaning Arasmes would have needed to make a DC 23 - which, he did - but just barely... However - it also means that Arasmes has lost a total of 11 hit points at this time.

Which reminds me - what exactly IS Arasmes's AC at this time?

Oh yeah - you made the Fortitude Save


Shaezon Silverfall wrote:
Dain GM wrote:
True - but you can't take a standard action - draw a weapon, make a movement - and attack - at least - not that I've heard of... ;)
Draw/move (move action) + Attack (standard); is that not what happened?

Clearly not - because of course Ariarh started with a Standard Action when she cast her Lightening Bolt - (spell check - as in - I don't remember the spell...).

After she did that - she then needed to draw the dagger, and move back to attack... Hence the conundrum.


Female

Okay - the NPC's turn -

The girl is standing nex to the monster - seeing that no one has hit it - she lifts the weapon she is carrying and stabs the creature -

Attack -

1d20 + 7 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 7 + 2 + 2 = 30 = at this stage she does gain flanking bonuses.

IF she hits -
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Confirm Critical -

Attack -

1d20 + 7 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 7 + 2 + 2 = 31

IF she hits -
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

One more time?

Attack -

1d20 + 7 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 7 + 2 + 2 = 29

IF she hits -
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Dare I go on?
Attack -

1d20 + 7 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 7 + 2 + 2 = 25

IF she hits -
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Hmm - well, assuming I played a game where "Open Ended Critical Threats" existed - that would have been delicious! The threat range being quite tasty... However - her standard damage done was 13 - which was pretty meaty - if I put it all together - yes - she would have 23 - but no - as of now; no open ended critical threats... Even so - 13 points of damage.


Khang Attacks the creature -

Standard attack - Claw, Claw, Bite -

Claw 1
1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 2 = 15

IF he hits
1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Claw 2
1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 2 = 11

IF he hits
1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Bite attack
1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 7 + 2 = 18

IF he hits -
1d3 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Oh yeah - I forgot DR - which means that Anaitis only did 8 - and Khang only did 1. Sucks!


M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2
Dain GM wrote:
Shaezon Silverfall wrote:
Dain GM wrote:
True - but you can't take a standard action - draw a weapon, make a movement - and attack - at least - not that I've heard of... ;)
Draw/move (move action) + Attack (standard); is that not what happened?

Clearly not - because of course Ariarh started with a Standard Action when she cast her Lightening Bolt - (spell check - as in - I don't remember the spell...).

After she did that - she then needed to draw the dagger, and move back to attack... Hence the conundrum.

I actually deleted that, but it would seem not fast enough.


Dhoj attacks then -

Claw 1
1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 2 = 15

IF he hits
1d4 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Claw 2
1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 2 = 19

IF he hits
1d4 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Bite attack -
1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 7 + 2 = 28

IF he hits -
1d3 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

That's another 5 points of damage


Kyton-spawn Tiefling Evolutionist Summoner 7 (Noble) (Init +1 / F +7 R +4 W +7 / Perc. +11 / AC 14 /HP 53
Dain GM wrote:
Arasmes ibn'Fayad wrote:

Concentration to keep spell = to 10 + damage dealt (4 bite + 2 acid=6) + spell level of 2= DC18 1d20+12

Fort Save 1d20+5

I don't think it would matter too much - but unless I am mistaken - Arasmes doesn't have a 21 AC - the reason I ask is because I think the creature confirmed it's critical hit - which, I believe may have done extra damage.

In either case - even with the extra damage - I believe that Arasmes would still make the check.

The creature actually did extra damage - for a total of 5 extra - meaning Arasmes would have needed to make a DC 23 - which, he did - but just barely... However - it also means that Arasmes has lost a total of 11 hit points at this time.

Which reminds me - what exactly IS Arasmes's AC at this time?

Oh yeah - you made the Fortitude Save

His AC is 15 currently.


Shaezon Silverfall wrote:
Dain GM wrote:
Shaezon Silverfall wrote:
Dain GM wrote:
True - but you can't take a standard action - draw a weapon, make a movement - and attack - at least - not that I've heard of... ;)
Draw/move (move action) + Attack (standard); is that not what happened?

Clearly not - because of course Ariarh started with a Standard Action when she cast her Lightening Bolt - (spell check - as in - I don't remember the spell...).

After she did that - she then needed to draw the dagger, and move back to attack... Hence the conundrum.

I actually deleted that, but it would seem not fast enough.

Well - I did have Haste... :)


I believe it is either Kae - or possibly Isani - who's up?


Female Changeling - Osirion Cleric 4/Oracle 3

After Arasmes, it's Brett, Clari then Isani, then top of the round again. Did the others all have their turn for Isani to be up? Clari definitely goes before Isani and then it is Kae (new round).

Last round Isani was 60 ft down the stairs, just behind Clari. How far is Kae from Isani at this time?


Male commoner 1

sorry, my turn... dunno what's going on tho so i can't make a move...

Kae
Jackal Guys
Cali
Dior/Ry
Pink Guys
Ras
Clari round 2
Isani

Here's the Old init order that was posted. A new one would be helpful. so we can include Shaezon, the accuser, and the rest ot the NPC characters.

I think the cave looks like this:

The tunnel that the party traveled along descends to a staircase that leads to a "beach" comprised primarily of rock. The staircase is 10 ft wide and extends 60 ft, at the mouth of the staircase were a group of 6 jackal-heads in a loose formation standing around somewhere, and at the end of 40 ft of beach a 40 ft wharf extended. On a skiff at the end of the wharf stood 2 Pinkies.

i don't think this quite right. i'm not sure what is going on exactly right now, but it looks like there are two Jackals flanking kae, two at the end of the wharf and

so yeah, i desperately need a description of the beach/cave entrance/warf area because all i get right now is that i'm surrounded by guys with reach weapons and a DR i can't beat cause i didn't take the Sai (exotic weapon).

It's Clari's turn, and i don't actually know where she is, cause i totally don't understand how the hole area looks. It seems like there is a lot of confusion as to where anyone is.


M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2

Until some specific need arises where Shae can be useful he'll follow the group down to the warf.


M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2

Are there any baddies not in Melee?


waiph wrote:

sorry, my turn... dunno what's going on tho so i can't make a move...

Kae
Jackal Guys
Cali
Dior/Ry
Pink Guys
Ras
Clari round 2
Isani

Here's the Old init order that was posted. A new one would be helpful. so we can include Shaezon, the accuser, and the rest ot the NPC characters.

I think the cave looks like this:

The tunnel that the party traveled along descends to a staircase that leads to a "beach" comprised primarily of rock. The staircase is 10 ft wide and extends 60 ft, at the mouth of the staircase were a group of 6 jackal-heads in a loose formation standing around somewhere, and at the end of 40 ft of beach a 40 ft wharf extended. On a skiff at the end of the wharf stood 2 Pinkies.

i don't think this quite right. i'm not sure what is going on exactly right now, but it looks like there are two Jackals flanking kae, two at the end of the wharf and

so yeah, i desperately need a description of the beach/cave entrance/warf area because all i get right now is that i'm surrounded by guys with reach weapons and a DR i can't beat cause i didn't take the Sai (exotic weapon).

It's Clari's turn, and i don't actually know where she is, cause i totally don't understand how the hole area looks. It seems like there is a lot of confusion as to where anyone is.

Looks good - for the post about Ini.

However - Clari took her action this round to cast the spell, the devil goes on the same round as Ras - and I believe that Brett's Ini really won't matter this round, as he is reloading.

Description of the cave:

You have been traveling down a tunnel that is 10 feet wide.

The tunnel suddenly opens into a very large cave.

The cave itself is roughly 250 feet to the opposite side of the cave - where you see a wide gate in the cave wall that comes down the water.

The gate itself looks like another tunnel - and inside the cave is lots of water, the water being roughly 10 - 20 feet deep as you move away from the beach.

Even though the cave is 250 feet to the opposite side - (that is - 250 feet west of your current position) - the cave runs on a 100 foot north/south axis.

When you step out of the tunnel - you see that the cave is roughly 100 feet from the water, to the ceiling.

You see that the tunnel's exit (the one you were walking in) opens from like a wide window, as it were - and from that opening a long staircase travels down to the beach. The staircase is roughly 50 feet tall, and from the top stair to the bottom stair (in a straight line, not an angle) is also 50 feet - which means there is a longer distance if you decide to walk down the stairs, because of the angle.

At the bottom of the stairs is the beach itself - that is about 60 feet from the bottom of the stairs to the docks by the water, and the beach is also 100 feet (on a north south axis).

The stairs themselves are only 10 feet in width the whole way down, and if you are knocked off, or bull rushed off - you would fall to the ground below.

On the 60 feet from the bottom of the stair to the docks are the jackal-headed guys who are congregating near the boats/skiffs but the pink guy who is standing guard over Anuk-su.


Shaezon Silverfall wrote:
Are there any baddies not in Melee?

Yes - the pink guy - he's standing nearly over Anuk-su, and she is in the bottom of the boat.


Male commoner 1

Where exactly are the guys, ours and theirs

Our party is congregated on the stairway, except for Kae who is somewhere out there with all the Jackals? what is your take on that matter? and the ape-men are somewhere around as well, fighting someone?

Combat starts.
Round 1: Kae moved, and clari cast
Round 2: Kar lightning-ed, It's clari's turn.


HP: 47 AC: 14 Hexblade 5

Clari Continues to advance down the stairs and takes a position to provide a flank for Kae, and attacks.
move action Move
Swift actionUse point 3 of 4 from her arcane pool to further enhance her weapon
Standard action

Concentration to cast defensively
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
attack
1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 7 + 2 = 27
for 1d6 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 1 = 11

confirmation
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
for 1d6 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 1 = 11


Male commoner 1
Shaezon Silverfall wrote:
Are there any baddies not in Melee?

all the baddies have reach, so most of them wouldn't be in Melee. and the ones that were fighting Mister, as well as the ones that got Cali aren't in Melee

And the pink guy isn't in Melee

So if you shoot any of them, You won't have any penalties. You could also lob the flaming tar stuff dain mentioned and when we light that on fire they'll take some damage.


M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2

Firing at pink guy with poison arrows

Longbow 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 61d6 ⇒ 3

If he fails a DC 15 fort save he falls prone for 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3rounds


I assume you are attacking the jackal guys, as you couldn't get to the pink guy.

However - he has a reach weapon, and can get an AoO before you get up to attack him...

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

IF he hits -
1d10 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Then you do your damage to it... you do 22 damage... Minus any DR.


waiph wrote:

Where exactly are the guys, ours and theirs

Our party is congregated on the stairway, except for Kae who is somewhere out there with all the Jackals? what is your take on that matter? and the ape-men are somewhere around as well, fighting someone?

Combat starts.
Round 1: Kae moved, and clari cast
Round 2: Kar lightning-ed, It's clari's turn.

As said before - the ape men are behind Ry/Brett, Shae/Ras, Devil, girl - then the three ape men.

Sorry - I'm having a hard time of it - I was released from the hospital today because I received a concussion and feel really sick.


Female Changeling - Osirion Cleric 4/Oracle 3

Dain, please look after yourself -- Concussions are pretty tricky.

Round 2

Isani, with scimitar in hand, continues to move down the stairs (30 ft) and is now standing at the bottom of the stairs, looking out across the rocky, volcanic beach.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

After this it is top of the round (Round 3) and Kae is up. :)


Male Half-Elf Invulnerable Rager 2/Crossblooded Envenomed+Draconic Sorcerer 1/ Trapper Ranger 1/Rage-Vivisectionist 2/Dragon Disciple 1

ok, that's 13 damage clari takes there... ouch.

Round 3

Kae moves up to the Jackal Clari is behind, flanking him and attacks
Non-action 5' step
free action Lightning charge
full-round action Full attack

1d20 + 7 + 3 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 3 + 2 - 2 = 13
For 1d4 + 3 + 3 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 3 + 4 + (4) = 18

1d20 + 7 + 3 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 7 + 3 + 2 - 2 = 29
for 1d4 + 3 + 3 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 3 + 4 + (6) = 18

Someone up there with some combat ability should try to get down here with that Sai. It will cut through their DR.
Anybody got any spells left at this point?


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)

Re the Sai, have some ideas but need to wait on my characters' initiative.


Ka'etil Malas'rae wrote:

ok, that's 13 damage clari takes there... ouch.

Round 3

Kae moves up to the Jackal Clari is behind, flanking him and attacks
Non-action 5' step
free action Lightning charge
full-round action Full attack

1d20+7+3+2-2
For 1d4+3+3+4+1d6

1d20+7+3+2-2
for 1d4+3+3+4+1d6

Someone up there with some combat ability should try to get down here with that Sai. It will cut through their DR.
Anybody got any spells left at this point?

Quick point of Clarification -

1. Which one are you attacking? That is - are both attacks against the same guy? And did you attack the same one that Clari did on either attack?

2. Kae - please remember that your character is currently "sickened" - with all penalties that entails. Just saying.... it may effect your combat readiness, and your combat usefulness.

Concussion still hurts, eye is still black - and I still fill sick, so please be patient with me.


M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2

Take care of yourself. The game will wait patiently for you as long as you need.


Shaezon Silverfall wrote:
Take care of yourself. The game will wait patiently for you as long as you need.

Thank you. I am going to doctor appointment today - at around noon - meantime - I am happy on pain pills - but writing may not be as good. Still we are nearly finished with this chapter of the adventure.

Once you guys finish combat then you have some good social RP to do for a bit - then you get back to the Capital - then you rest up, have a big parade, and level.

Then I take a bit of time to compile notes - and put them out there - then every "month" in game is a turn when you will all be building your city up.

I should add - to address Shae's earlier concern about low magic items - they will become increasingly more available - providing you guys build the buildings that you need as "prerequisites" to get them. That's pretty much my only caveat - you know; if you want a cavalry - build a stables. If you want magic weapons, build a magic shop and a weapons shop - and so on.

That's why I have been giving you guys extra BP - so you can build cool stuff, so that at the end of the "year" - you'll have what you like - not automically - you'll have to earn it by building the buildings - but you will have it, which is good times, I hope.

You will also be getting some unique "rewards" - based on your adventure path - that is - what you decide to do on Level 7 - you won't know anything about these rewards until you level - and once you do - the rewards will only help you - though perhaps not in the way you expect. They certainly won't hinder you.

Okay - need to go - medince making me a little loopy, even though I don't hurt so much. Hope Kae tosses up his answers - and when I get a chance - I'll have the Jackal guys go next.

Ry - you're free to make a Knowledge: Nature Check at this time - DC 25.


Male Half-Elf Invulnerable Rager 2/Crossblooded Envenomed+Draconic Sorcerer 1/ Trapper Ranger 1/Rage-Vivisectionist 2/Dragon Disciple 1

Right. My bad. Then I had a 27 to hit for 16 damage. So there you go. The key issue here is that there's dudes all the hell over. So if the others could do something, or at least be ready to heal Kae when he goes down...


M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2
Dain GM wrote:
Shaezon Silverfall wrote:
Take care of yourself. The game will wait patiently for you as long as you need.

Thank you. I am going to doctor appointment today - at around noon - meantime - I am happy on pain pills - but writing may not be as good. Still we are nearly finished with this chapter of the adventure.

*snip*
Ry - you're free to make a Knowledge: Nature Check at this time - DC 25.

I'm going to copy and respond to this on the discussion thread.


Ka'etil Malas'rae wrote:
Right. My bad. Then I had a 27 to hit for 16 damage. So there you go. The key issue here is that there's dudes all the hell over. So if the others could do something, or at least be ready to heal Kae when he goes down...

Yeah - still needed to know if you and Clari hit the same one - if you hit two different ones - and if either of you hit the one you hi to begin with earlier...

Never mind coordinates/grid - did you attack a wounded one - or a fresh one - and who/what did Clari attack?


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)

Ry's Knowledge Nature (DC 25): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24


Ariarh Kane wrote:
Ry's Knowledge Nature (DC 25): 1d20+10

Not quite what I'm looking for - however - this much is clear...

What you discover:
These creatures are definitively made from the Anuminus Fruit; for what that's worth... More then that - you do not know with the roll.


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)

Ry will transmit the information regarding the Jackal Heads - Anumus - being created by the Anumi Fruit to the rest of her party through their telepathic link via Mister.


Male commoner 1

We're focusing on hitting the same one, that was already wounded

Sorry


waiph wrote:

We're focusing on hitting the same one, that was already wounded

Sorry

Okay - then; you kill that one!

Meanwhile - there are 5 left.

However - you see that 3 of them leap into the skiff next to the "pink guy" - while the other two remain behind to ward off any attack.

One attacks Kae
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13

IF he hits -
1d10 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

The other attacks Clari
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29

IF he hits
1d10 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Roll to Confirm
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

IF he hits
1d10 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Neither of them are flanking... I believe Clari just suffered 12 Hit Points

The skiff is being launched and is slowly being pushed out into the water... It is now 5 feet from the dock - and the water is roughly 5 feet deep.


Huzzah - just realized Arasmes - after being healed - only had 9 HP. The Devil did 11 HP - Arasmes is now bleeding out again... Which means he lost his summoning spell as the attack knocked him out cold - and down to -2 HP. Yay team good!


M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2

Shae moves closer and fires at the one on the skiff

Longbow 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 221d6 ⇒ 5

DC 15 fort or fall prone for 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Shaezon Silverfall wrote:

Shae moves closer and fires at the one on the skiff

Longbow 1d20+5;1d6

DC 15 fort or fall prone for 1d4+1

Hmmm... while I doubt you are firing at Anuk-su, I am not sure if you are firing at the pink guy, or one of the Jackal Guys - so I'm guessing the Jackal Guy -

Fortitude Save -
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

A hit! A palatable hit! Well done! He collapses into the boat, prone - even as the boat slides further into the water and hurrying to the far side of the cliffs... Well, technically it is still only 6 feet from the docks. But you get the idea...

9,751 to 9,800 of 10,695 << first < prev | 191 | 192 | 193 | 194 | 195 | 196 | 197 | 198 | 199 | 200 | 201 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dain's King Maker Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.