Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Dain's King Maker Chronicles

Game Master dain120475

Introduction

This is the Kingmaker Campaign, yet it is filled with many deviations from the boxed set. The "Campaign Information" page is meant as a quick resource to help sum up the thousands of posts quickly.


901 to 950 of 10,645 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>

male Tiefling Gestalt staff magus/weapon adept monk 5

Fortitude 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Fortitude save 2 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)

Ariarh rises early the next morning and moves toward the fire pit and tables. The fire is already lit (she assumes by either Oleg or Svetlana) and the rain has stopped for now.

There she sits cross-legged, for a minute watching the dawn sky. Her griffon jumps off her shoulder and stands on the table watching her intently. Ry closes her eyes and begins her daily meditation. She loves this time of day because of the privacy, this quiet. Ry lets her mind go, breathing and slowing her heartbeat, focusing on the world around her, the sound of nature. She is able to gain better control of her thoughts during meditation. Somewhere in the background, beneath the layers, she hears Dior's soft purrs and that sense of peace only increases.

The hour passes, not slowly nor quickly. She has chosen and prepared her spells for the day.

The five orisons she has prepared today are: create water, flare, spark, stabilize and read magic. The three first level spells known today are: cure light wounds, entangle and magic stone.


male Tiefling Gestalt staff magus/weapon adept monk 5

Gideon says to the group with a smile,

"Ladies and Gentleman, It would seem we have a treasure hunt. "


Male Dwarf Shielded Fighter

Fort Save:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Fort Save 2:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

I am not sure if this would apply to either. Hardy: Dwarves receive a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities.


Fortitude rolls 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 191d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15


Female Elf Ranger 1/Bard 1

While the others were out Tess kept her self busy by helping Drake and Dasha around the camp, getting to know them a little better. As the hours passed she would continue to help them and enjoy the quiet of not being around her other companions. It was nice to have a day away from the hussle of adventuring and be able to just take things easy. She went to bed that night feeling content for the first time on a long time and she slept very well.

She awake the next morning and, not bothering to put her armor on yet, went to join Ry once she was done meditating. Her hair was a mess, always a good sign of a good nights sleep. Morning she said more cheerfully than normal. She looked around and only seeing Gideon she looks at Ry with a smile on her face Get tired of the others and leave them behind did you? she sounded almost hopeful as she made the teasing remark. As Gideon came over and mentioned the treasure hunt she looks at him quizzically What do you mean?


Male Dwarf Shielded Fighter

To address the two items Smendor found.

DM Info:

The short sword will be nonchalantly tossed into whatever stack of weapons the group has for sell.

The silver Stag Lord amulet will be give to Drake while away from the others so no one even knows he has it.

Drake I was meaning to speak with you a while. Smendor takes Drake around the corner. I found this little hunk of silver while out exploring. After you get it melted down and turned into something a little less creepy looking I would like to see it around the neck of Dasha. It only seems sensible for you to be the one give it to her. I am usually not one to give stuff to just anyone, but I want those that share my same fate to be given the nicer things in life.

Smendor is both makes up for what he said, and also paying Drake for his labor, but he is not spinning it that way.


Male Dwarf Shielded Fighter

Speaking to Oleg in passing,"I think I will be needing some snow shoes soon, and I need 5 long ropes if ya got them.


male Tiefling Gestalt staff magus/weapon adept monk 5
Tessara Varial wrote:

While the others were out Tess kept her self busy by helping Drake and Dasha around the camp, getting to know them a little better. As the hours passed she would continue to help them and enjoy the quiet of not being around her other companions. It was nice to have a day away from the hussle of adventuring and be able to just take things easy. She went to bed that night feeling content for the first time on a long time and she slept very well.

She awake the next morning and, not bothering to put her armor on yet, went to join Ry once she was done meditating. Her hair was a mess, always a good sign of a good nights sleep. Morning she said more cheerfully than normal. She looked around and only seeing Gideon she looks at Ry with a smile on her face Get tired of the others and leave them behind did you? she sounded almost hopeful as she made the teasing remark. As Gideon came over and mentioned the treasure hunt she looks at him quizzically What do you mean?

Gideon motions to indicate the map on the table and says,

"Found in a dead mans boot"


Male Dwarf Shielded Fighter

DM ONLY:

Smendor will spend a good long while at Oleg’s to pin a letter to his Dad, and the other dwarf he knows from Brunderton. This would have been done of the 4th while he was resting. The letting is writing in a nice educated script from of dwarven. Brunderton is east of Restov which is also in the Rostland Plains so the letter should not take all that long to be delivered.

How are you doing you old jackass. I have good news the Iron-Face clan now owners of a little land. We have fond resistance in the form of bandits, all kinds of beasts, and also crazy humans. I will be going back out very soon to explore and clam more land before the winter really comes in heavy.

There is a collection of a few other that also have say to the land who came under the same charter. They seems to be of sound mind, but we will need to wait to make sure.

We are already in need for additional labor, and this new land we have claimed is simply going to do nothing until we have the man power to work the soil. I have not found any kind of quality metal as of yet, but there is a lot of land to explore.

If Mr. Dengo has to time have him construct me a new axe and a nice Breast Plate.

Also if you have the man powers send a number of our brothers to work here during the winter we need to make a number of improvements to get a better start in the spring.

This is just a short excerpt from what the full letter would be. Smendor simply wants to get word back to his family and friends in hope that a few of them make the move to this area. Getting a good foot hold with population will greatly increase not only his own power, but also the sustainability of the land he has already secured.

The letter will be sealed closed his wax and stamped with the pommel of ax.

Smendor will ask Oleg for a method to get the message to Restov where it can be given to others that know the family.


I had a few minutes so i threw together a 3d model of Oleg's. Let me know what you guys think. Oleg's Trading Post 3D


Male Dwarf Shielded Fighter

There is a good chance I did not see it when it was posted, but did Smendor get a cut of the loot from the other group.


male Tiefling Gestalt staff magus/weapon adept monk 5
Smendor wrote:
There is a good chance I did not see it when it was posted, but did Smendor get a cut of the loot from the other group.

Unless someone has a specific objection we're splitting all loot equally even if the group splits up.


Male Dwarf Shielded Fighter

Did the group get any medical tending such as long term care(part of the heal skill), or magic healing?

It seems Smendor is packing his gear soon after he has enough rest to stay off fatigued, and he is more less just about to leave when everyone gathered.

Do anyone have a good skill at stitching clothing. I would like to buy that bear skin, and have it made into a nice heavy fur parka.

As the chat comes around to what needs to be done,"I think I will be going back out to the east today to get ready for a good day of exploration in the morning. Are there any of ya that are ready to go back out.


Male Dwarf Shielded Fighter
Gideon Samus Shaw wrote:
Smendor wrote:
There is a good chance I did not see it when it was posted, but did Smendor get a cut of the loot from the other group.
Unless someone has a specific objection we're splitting all loot equally even if the group splits up.

I know I just have not seen anyone hand Smendor the money inside IC chat.


Male Dwarf Shielded Fighter

Sorry forgot the money myself. At some point in time Smendor shakes 10 gold coins out of his pocket onto a table. This would have been done in the past.

I found a few coins down in the spider hole. It is not really much to split, but I need to keep to the deal of splinting the loot.


male Tiefling Gestalt staff magus/weapon adept monk 5
Smendor wrote:
Are there any of ya that are ready to go back out.[/b]

Gideon smiles back at Smendor,

"I'm made of sterner stuff than that my friend "

regarding the ten gold from the spider

"you're actions show honesty. A good trait in a companion."

Gideon then says in jest with a particularly wide grin,
"I'm surprised a dwarf would willingly give up that much gold."


Smendor wrote:

To address the two items Smendor found.

** spoiler omitted **

FYI, it is Gold, not Silver... but all other things can appply, if you like...


Male Dwarf Shielded Fighter

ya he gave it to him.


Smendor wrote:
There is a good chance I did not see it when it was posted, but did Smendor get a cut of the loot from the other group.

The other group just tossed their items in the group's community chest. They have made provisions that the gear can be divided when the rest of the party gets together; for now, it is all with Oleg.


Male Dwarf Shielded Fighter
Gideon Samus Shaw wrote:
Smendor wrote:
Are there any of ya that are ready to go back out.[/b]

Gideon smiles back at Smendor,

"I'm made of sterner stuff than that my friend "

regarding the ten gold from the spider

"you're actions show honesty. A good trait in a companion."

Gideon then says in jest with a particularly wide grin,
"I'm surprised a dwarf would willingly give up that much gold."

Smendor laughs a little, "I could outlive you by 150 years. I think a few coins now to keep a knife out of my back will pay for itself many times over in the future. You can see he is joking, but you know that dwarf do live to be much older than your own kind.


Male Dwarf Shielded Fighter
Dain GM wrote:
Smendor wrote:
There is a good chance I did not see it when it was posted, but did Smendor get a cut of the loot from the other group.
The other group just tossed their items in the group's community chest. They have made provisions that the gear can be divided when the rest of the party gets together; for now, it is all with Oleg.

I am talking more about the coin money than the items, or is the group not slitting coin and only goods they sell on the open market.

Also we do not really have the money for all the bandit gear right we just have credit that will turn into money if it is ever sold.


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)
Tessara Varial wrote:

While the others were out Tess kept her self busy by helping Drake and Dasha around the camp, getting to know them a little better. As the hours passed she would continue to help them and enjoy the quiet of not being around her other companions. It was nice to have a day away from the hussle of adventuring and be able to just take things easy. She went to bed that night feeling content for the first time on a long time and she slept very well.

She awake the next morning and, not bothering to put her armor on yet, went to join Ry once she was done meditating. Her hair was a mess, always a good sign of a good nights sleep. Morning she said more cheerfully than normal. She looked around and only seeing Gideon she looks at Ry with a smile on her face Get tired of the others and leave them behind did you? she sounded almost hopeful as she made the teasing remark. As Gideon came over and mentioned the treasure hunt she looks at him quizzically What do you mean?

With the time zone differences, you'll find I'm posting replies to things quite after the fact. I hope that's okay with the rest of you.

"Morning, Lady Tess." Ry returns a warm smile. Even Dior purrs at the sight of the elven woman. This response amuses Ariarh but she keeps the observation to herself.

Laughing, "Leave them behind? Ha! Have you seen the size of Gideon and the temper on Smendor? I wouldn't dare." Ry winks at Tess.

Gesturing in Gideon's direction, "The boys found a map in that horrible cave. It may prove interesting."


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)
Smendor wrote:

Did the group get any medical tending such as long term care(part of the heal skill), or magic healing?

I assumed any healing would have been undertaken on their return from the second cave exploration. I did not, however, post anything up in regard to the healing, but if it is necessary, I shall. Awaiting word/clarification from the GM on the matter.


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)
Alaric Winter wrote:
I had a few minutes so i threw together a 3d model of Oleg's. Let me know what you guys think. Oleg's Trading Post 3D

Being more on the visual side, I love the 3D model as it gives me a more concrete picture to work with. Thank you. :))


Alaric will mention to the group that he does not believe that we should split the group again. It may take longer and the gods know I am guilty of it as well, but we will not be covering any ground if we are dead. I apologize for my rash action last night but I believe that it was worth it considering what we found. We do not have the ability now to go back and destroy that unholy temple but it is marked and will be dealt with in due time. As for right now I believe we should make our way south and work our way down that direction. We should make preparations for longer trips as well say 6 days out for every day spent back here unless circumstances dictate otherwise. He looks around to see what everyone else thinks.


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)
Alaric Winter wrote:
Alaric will mention to the group that he does not believe that we should split the group again. It may take longer and the gods know I am guilty of it as well, but we will not be covering any ground if we are dead. I apologize for my rash action last night but I believe that it was worth it considering what we found. We do not have the ability now to go back and destroy that unholy temple but it is marked and will be dealt with in due time. As for right now I believe we should make our way south and work our way down that direction. We should make preparations for longer trips as well say 6 days out for every day spent back here unless circumstances dictate otherwise. He looks around to see what everyone else thinks.

"I agree with Alaric. It seems our smaller groups are easier to pick off and being the only resident healer, it is hard for me to help another member of our group if I'm not travelling with them. So, I put my vote in for staying together when we explore."

"We now know the existence of the unholy temple and as Alaric said, we have time to deal with it later." Ry pauses a little and aims her attention directly at Alaric before addressing the group present.

"South is fine by me."


Male Dwarf Shielded Fighter

Speak after Alaric,"We need to simply reduce down time and also maximize the amount of land we can cover. Also we do not need to cover every square in sequence. It may be best to bisect the area with a consistent looping path to the south and east. We can go back and clam the space while other will try to stay away from land that is bisected by ours.


If we are going to travel in one large group we will need several pack horses to hall those large tents and a lot of food. We also need dry fire wood moving with use so we will not be sleeping in these wet conditions. We quickly move to the middle of a given area make camp than flan out into quick moving search groups. Some separation will work as long as we all make sure we do not directly engage the evil that seems to live everywhere.


In think we should leave quick and get back to work. Even if we send back one or two people to clam the space we have covered we need to stay at it. We never want to back track over the same land.


Smendor wrote:
Dain GM wrote:
Smendor wrote:
There is a good chance I did not see it when it was posted, but did Smendor get a cut of the loot from the other group.
The other group just tossed their items in the group's community chest. They have made provisions that the gear can be divided when the rest of the party gets together; for now, it is all with Oleg.

I am talking more about the coin money than the items, or is the group not slitting coin and only goods they sell on the open market.

Also we do not really have the money for all the bandit gear right we just have credit that will turn into money if it is ever sold.

The only money the party has is the coin they have ON them, plus the coin they found. Everything else is "theoretical" coin. Unless you want to go finding someone to buy horses for you, then you are out of luck. Oleg has offered to do that, at a price, but the rest is up to you. For now, he's been keeping books on who spent what, so when (for example) you took the horse, you basically took a chunk of change from your "loot". The horse is not dead, and you can return it back in the pile and be out of no coin, if you prefer, or not. But Oleg doesn't have hundred (much less) thousands of gold pieces to hand out to strangers. Everything he has of real value is in the form of trade.


Ariarh Kane wrote:
Smendor wrote:

Did the group get any medical tending such as long term care(part of the heal skill), or magic healing?

I assumed any healing would have been undertaken on their return from the second cave exploration. I did not, however, post anything up in regard to the healing, but if it is necessary, I shall. Awaiting word/clarification from the GM on the matter.

With only 1 healing spell memorized, you can only heal one person. You can memorize NEW healing spells in the morning, and cast three of them, but then you will have no spells left (except level 0).

No one has requested healing, however, and most of your explorers are hurt.


Brett is munching on some nice crispy bacon that he has fried on a pan...

"Good plan, aye, good plan indeed. But the only thing I'd make note of is that as the winter comes and gets colder, we're sure to get worse weather sooner. While it holds, anyone for scouting the northern parts first, then move south?"

He holds up his hands, one of them gripping a fork with a plump sausage made of venison, sage, salt, and a little saffron "I don't tell no one what needs be done, but I ain't too keen on snowfalls. I'd rather be trecking south as the winter comes... though like as not it shan't matter no how, giving OUR luck with the weather. But what do ye think?"

He adds the last with a bite of the sausage, then lifting a steaming cup of hot tea with a little honey in it to taste.


Alaric makes a recommendation that we swing by Bokken's to see if we might purchase some potions. He tasked us with finding some items for him to get a discount but I imagine he would sell potions at full price as normal. Depending on what he has available he is going to buy several potions.

Alaric also mentions that perhaps it might be in the parties best interest to task Oleg with ordering a wand of healing. If we pool our resources we should be able to afford it easily though it will take time to get here it will be useful all the same over the long run.

Hes looking to see if we can get a Wand of Cure Light Wounds. BTW I am working on a letter to Shaeria and perhaps we might be able to get some potions and gear through her as she is an alchemist.


IMPORTANT, ADJUSTMENT TO MAP/RULES

Okay, I hate the map in the book, because everything is at a ridiculous north-west axis. To make my life much easier, and yours too, when you tell me where you are going, we're going to presume that despite the maps crazy pattern that UP is NORTH, not North by North-West, as the map seems to suggest.

That's it... UP is NORTH on the map. The red line now runs WEST-EAST not, North West to South East.

Good? Good!


Alaric Winter wrote:

Alaric makes a recommendation that we swing by Bokken's to see if we might purchase some potions. He tasked us with finding some items for him to get a discount but I imagine he would sell potions at full price as normal. Depending on what he has available he is going to buy several potions.

Alaric also mentions that perhaps it might be in the parties best interest to task Oleg with ordering a wand of healing. If we pool our resources we should be able to afford it easily though it will take time to get here it will be useful all the same over the long run.

Hes looking to see if we can get a Wand of Cure Light Wounds. BTW I am working on a letter to Shaeria and perhaps we might be able to get some potions and gear through her as she is an alchemist.

Oleg comes out from the main house, and is wiping his hands on a grimy towel.

"Well, masters, if I may be so bold, why don't you pool a list of things ye be needin', and I'll see what I can do to find them. Meantime, if I'm not too far off, you mean that old wretch Bokken? Why, nhe's naught but 4 hours or so from here, by a good horse. If you sent someone now, being that's it's two o'clock, they could be there by sundown at least. They could even spend the night at Bokken's hut, if he'll have you, then be back here in the morning. Or just come back tonight, I'll have the fire for you either way."

Alaric, Smendor, and Brett all know the way. Does anyone want to go there, one of them could guide you, and you could meet Bokken.


Male Dwarf Shielded Fighter

Example some of the group members got money for the moon radishes in the total of 255gp. Will or has that money been split.


Male Dwarf Shielded Fighter

Smendor speaking to the group,"I plan to be leaving in about 1 hour if the group can come up with a plan as to what way we need to go in that time I will go that way. I will not be coming back tomorrow. We need to get out there and working.


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)
Dain GM wrote:

Oleg comes out from the main house, and is wiping his hands on a grimy towel.

"Well, masters, if I may be so bold, why don't you pool a list of things ye be needin', and I'll see what I can do to find them. Meantime, if I'm not too far off, you mean that old wretch Bokken? Why, nhe's naught but 4 hours or so from here, by a good horse. If you sent someone now, being that's it's two o'clock, they could be there by sundown at least. They could even spend the night at Bokken's hut, if he'll have you, then be back here in the morning. Or just come back tonight, I'll have the fire for you either way."

Alaric, Smendor, and Brett all know the way. Does anyone want to go there, one of them could guide you, and you could meet Bokken.

"I only have two healing potions on my person and that is not enough. If anyone would like to direct me, I will ride to this Bokken fellow's hut and do business with him. If someone would like to accompany me, I wouldn't say no to the company. But, if I am to go alone, then so be it."

Turning to Smendor and any other who may respond,

"What's fair price for such potions? Smendor you're our resident savvy merchant. What say you?"


Male Dwarf Shielded Fighter

If ya can get one lower than 50gp than you are doing great.


Tessara Varial wrote:

While the others were out Tess kept her self busy by helping Drake and Dasha around the camp, getting to know them a little better....

Getting to Know the Others Better

While you spent some time at the compound you had the unique chance to learn something of the people that live there.

Drake:
Drake: Drake is a hard working young man, of 24 years. He is generally stern, driven, and somewhat cynical; everything you may expect from a young man who had his entire family destroyed by a noble and forced to become an outlaw. With Oleg’s tools he has been busy scything grasses and dumping them on the heavy wagon, carting it back to Oleg’s compound. He then gathers it as best as he can to dry it out and try to bundle it into hay. He works hard, says little (though when he does speak, and eat for that matter, it is very courtly, courteous, and polite). Each morning he offers a prayer to Erastil at dawn, and you can see he is not being cynical here. He will try not to pray if others are watching him, but if you watch him privately you can tell he is genuinely sincere in his prayers.

He has demonstrated an ability to speak with some fluency Elven, and you’ve heard him curse under his breath while working in the tongues of Goblin. Drake is a good shot with the bow, a good tracker besides, and clever with signs in the wild, not to mention his stories of elder days. This gives further proof to his education. In the evening time, after the sun goes down and there is not much chance to work outside, he sits in the house of Oleg and is attempting to teach Dasha her letters in the tongues of men.

Oleg:
Oleg: He’s changed a lot from the old grump you met earlier. Now he is moving about with a curmudgeon-like gusto with his work. He acts with a grim pleasure and amusement at things. Whenever he tells Drake what to do, Drake listens with good manners, and though Oleg is gruff to him, it is clear the older man is warming to the younger man’s enthusiasm. He will spend more times working on ledgers and documents in his house, trying to calculate the relative value of the goods and discern who to sell things to and how to make a good profit. His reading is slow and ponderous, but he is too proud for teaching, politely decrying any help by stating that he is a Lettered man, and book learned, besides!. But his gruff attitude doesn’t prevent him from being friendly to all that helped him with the bandits.

Svetlana:
Svetlana: Svetlana is quiet and friendly. She’s a bit of a homebody and isn’t one for interfering with others business. She spends most of her time with chores around the compound. Repairing damaged armor, looking over drying out meats and salting supplies, cleaning out the place when she can. Of course, if anyone stops her she will gladly give out plenty of opinions and thoughts on things; loving to work and talk at the same time.

Dasha:
Dasha: Dasha is a slim and graceful beauty of about 16 years of age. Dark brown hair, milk white skin and wide brown eyes give her an almost classic beauty common to many from Ustalav nobility. But she is not noble, being only a peasant’s daughter. She speaks only Common, and is friendly and eager to help, specifically Drake. She finds his story very interesting and alluring. Moreover, she is impressed by the determination he has to make things right for what has occurred.

However, despite these good things, Dasha has some troubles…

She has troubles sleeping; occasionally crying out in her sleep, sometimes awakening with screams from nightmares. She claims to remember nothing of what she dreamt about when asked, though. Further, there are other strange occurrences around the good Dasha. The horses shy away from her, neighing loudly when she comes to visit Drake by the stables. Chickens clucking about the henhouse in the back squawk loudly when she tries to feed them, which upsets the girl.

Moreover, she seems unusually clumsy, given her seemingly natural grace and poise. When in the kitchen alone she has a tendency to knock things over; when she is working in the compound little items will go missing, some of them discovered much later in the most unlikely places. Odd things, too. Once Svetlana returned to the kitchen and discovered every single pot and saucer stacked to the ceiling in a crooked tower.

When Svetlana asked Dasha why she did it, the girl claimed she had no knowledge of stacking the pots and saucers, and said she didn’t do it. Svetlana is beginning to have fears about the girl; wondering at things like that. Oleg even has worried that she may be a witch, but Drake has staunchly defended the girl; privately suggesting that she has had a rough time with these Wyvern Riders. Who knows what they may have done to the girl; what trauma she may be going through because of their actions? Because of this Svetlana and Oleg grudgingly agree to keep her around, but everyone has kept a watch on her. No one has forgotten the dark powers that have come to Oleg’s compound earlier, at the bidding of a sorcerer who claims these powers were also not his fault. Could there be something more to the girl? Or could there be something more… insidious…


Smendor wrote:
Smendor speaking to the group,"I plan to be leaving in about 1 hour if the group can come up with a plan as to what way we need to go in that time I will go that way. I will not be coming back tomorrow. We need to get out there and working.

"Then you be leaving at three in the afternoon... Moreover, your companions are not clear on their plans, as of yet. Would it not be better to hear their voices and so speak as one rather then strike an accord with none but yourself? You have a stout heart, but your actions do not bespeak much wisdom. Surely one day more to be ready is better then striking when the blow may go amiss..."

The words are Drakes as he comes into the compound, overhearing your comment.

He's changed a bit, his face well shaved, and his hair pulled back. He sounds much more courteous then you remember, and more fair spoken besides. It seems life with Oleg is recalling to his mind better memories perhaps...

"But then, the choice is yours,"he adds with a shrug, and pours himself a draught of cold water.


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)
Smendor wrote:
If ya can get one lower than 50gp than you are doing great.

Ry nods. "Thanks for the information. I'll see what I can do."


Smendor wrote:
Example some of the group members got money for the moon radishes in the total of 255gp. Will or has that money been split.

To be fair, you don't know (RE: Your character). You didn't know they got the money, as none of them have mentioned it, and you wouldn't know their intentions. However, to make things easier, they already posted earlier they were dumping the coin into the community chest.


Ariarh Kane wrote:
Smendor wrote:
If ya can get one lower than 50gp than you are doing great.
Ry nods. "Thanks for the information. I'll see what I can do."

"Bokken be a right one, and a bit of a kook. I'll tell ye what, I'll ride with ye to his place myself. We'll move quick and be back by nine or so, I'd think. Ye pick any coin up on the road so far? Like, say... on your adventures? We did poor, but maybe ye got a piece when ye picked up that bear skin? If so, good. If not, I'd recommend we dip into "company funds" and take out 300 GP, then we can buy (IF we're lucky) one potion for each of us from Bokken."

Brett looks around at the proposal. Any takers on his idea?

If not, he will simply help himself to the 300 GP, claim it as "his cut" do it anyway, and if anyone wants a potion later, then they can pay him back from THEIR cut. Then, finishing his tea, he saddles Stybba and gets ready to ride with Ariarh.

He looks around at the rest.

"Best thing for it, I'd say... the sorcerer lad be bad off still, one more night of good best rest, with hot soup and a warm bunk will do him alright. And the same as be said for the others that need it. We trek out at dawn, then most of these lads be better healed then others, and what YOU can do (he adds the last to Ariarh) be better known with a revisit of new spells; IF you need 'em." he adds the last with a shake of his head.

"When we get back, I got a bit of light reading to do... Oh, and master Oleg, I got a piece of stuff I need be posting, IF you don't mind... a list of goods and gear that is."


Brett Rowan wrote:


"When we get back, I got a bit of light reading to do... Oh, and master Oleg, I got a piece of stuff I need be posting, IF you don't mind... a list of goods and gear that is."

Here Ry, Alaric says handing her a purse. Theres a hundred gold of my personal money not from the stores. I think we should save the stores for a wand of healing. Much better cost wise I am told. Please get me a healing potion if you can. Also a potion of magus armor if he has one available. If not another healing potion would be fine.


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)
Brett Rowan wrote:
Ariarh Kane wrote:
Smendor wrote:
If ya can get one lower than 50gp than you are doing great.
Ry nods. "Thanks for the information. I'll see what I can do."

"Bokken be a right one, and a bit of a kook. I'll tell ye what, I'll ride with ye to his place myself. We'll move quick and be back by nine or so, I'd think. Ye pick any coin up on the road so far? Like, say... on your adventures? We did poor, but maybe ye got a piece when ye picked up that bear skin? If so, good. If not, I'd recommend we dip into "company funds" and take out 300 GP, then we can buy (IF we're lucky) one potion for each of us from Bokken."

Brett looks around at the proposal. Any takers on his idea?

If not, he will simply help himself to the 300 GP, claim it as "his cut" do it anyway, and if anyone wants a potion later, then they can pay him back from THEIR cut. Then, finishing his tea, he saddles Stybba and gets ready to ride with Ariarh.

He looks around at the rest.

"Best thing for it, I'd say... the sorcerer lad be bad off still, one more night of good best rest, with hot soup and a warm bunk will do him alright. And the same as be said for the others that need it. We trek out at dawn, then most of these lads be better healed then others, and what YOU can do (he adds the last to Ariarh) be better known with a revisit of new spells; IF you need 'em." he adds the last with a shake of his head.

"When we get back, I got a bit of light reading to do... Oh, and master Oleg, I got a piece of stuff I need be posting, IF you don't mind... a list of goods and gear that is."

"I thank you for offering your companionship, Brett. I will take it."

"We picked up coin, 85GP a piece, for the moon radishes we gathered for Svetlana. But Gideon, Tess and I gave Oleg the gold pieces to put away for us. There was also a small chest with gold, silver and copper pieces, also in Oleg's care. So, it's all in the "company funds". I think it's fair that if we're buying healing potions for all, that we should be permitted to dip into our fund." Ry waits to hear any dissension, if it's coming, from the other companions.

"As to new spells, I shall, come dawn tomorrow, learn some others, if it pleases you." Ry can't keep the bite from her voice even as she bestows Brett a courteous half-bow. She doesn't like being admonished by a uppity stranger. Her eyes flame a deeper blue. She strides off purposefully to get Tal ready (as well as herself). Oh this will be a "fun" ride. Ry rolls her eyes.


"Lass, anything you do with them baby-blue's pleases me right fine,"Brett says with a grin.

"But ye be a spellslinger, not I. Maybe when we decide where we be going ye may be doing a bit of different spells then what ye thought on, s'all I meant."

He whistles for Cree who swoopd down majestically and settles on Brett's wrist, fixing it's proud golden eye on Dior, who looks up casually, sees the falcon, and hisses and spits at it with a little hiss.

Cree merely turns his head and ignores him with studied boredom, which cause's Dior to open his beak in shock, then crouch on all fours, his tail waging like a small snake and his wings folded back, his feathers ruffled and his eyes glaring.

Brett slaps his knee at the sight and laughs, and tosses the griffon a treat, which Dior prompty ignores. Then he flies up to Ariarh and lands on her saddle, and also attempts to ride in stately comfort, though somewhat more awkwardly, as he is somewhat larger and heavier then Cree.


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)
Alaric Winter wrote:
Brett Rowan wrote:


"When we get back, I got a bit of light reading to do... Oh, and master Oleg, I got a piece of stuff I need be posting, IF you don't mind... a list of goods and gear that is."
Here Ry, Alaric says handing her a purse. Theres a hundred gold of my personal money not from the stores. I think we should save the stores for a wand of healing. Much better cost wise I am told. Please get me a healing potion if you can. Also a potion of magus armor if he has one available. If not another healing potion would be fine.

Turning to Alaric, she smiles and nods.

"Are you sure about using your own gold?" He seemed like a fair man.

"I can try purchasing those from Bokken. I don't know how warmly he'll receive me, but I know I will try my darnedest." She winks at Alaric.

"Please rest up and regain your strength whilst we're gone."


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)
Brett Rowan wrote:

"Lass, anything you do with them baby-blue's pleases me right fine,"Brett says with a grin.

"But ye be a spellslinger, not I. Maybe when we decide where we be going ye may be doing a bit of different spells then what ye thought on, s'all I meant."

He whistles for Cree who swoopd down majestically and settles on Brett's wrist, fixing it's proud golden eye on Dior, who looks up casually, sees the falcon, and hisses and spits at it with a little hiss.

Cree merely turns his head and ignores him with studied boredom, which cause's Dior to open his beak in shock, then crouch on all fours, his tail waging like a small snake and his wings folded back, his feathers ruffled and his eyes glaring.

Brett slaps his knee at the sight and laughs, and tosses the griffon a treat, which Dior prompty ignores. Then he flies up to Ariarh and lands on her saddle, and also attempts to ride in stately comfort, though somewhat more awkwardly, as he is somewhat larger and heavier then Cree.

Ariarh backs down a little after Brett's speech and explanation. She still eyes him a little shyly or warily.

"Yes, I really think we should discuss our plans before setting off again, willy-nilly, including my daily spells. I swear, for this many people in one place, there isn't enough discussion and planning." She shakes her head as if dumbfounded at the lack of information, personal or otherwise.

Moving her hand up to her griffon, she purposefully strokes the side of his neck, in soothing motions. "He means no harm with his laughter or that bird's snootiness. Don't be proud for pride's sake, my friend. Go get your treat, don't leave it to waste. We ride soon and I don't want you suddenly flying off because you're hungry." Ry keeps her voice gentle and even.


male Tiefling Gestalt staff magus/weapon adept monk 5

Gideon, who has been sitting quietly in the corner carving a new staff, speaks up,

"If you wish more accompaniment for the potion run I will ride with you. However if you do not I will stay and recover from my illness."


"Ha! My own gold? Not at all, lass. As I did say before, I planned on every lad and lass pitching in fair and equal. Now; I ain't one for wainting all day and night, so I said "if ye don't speak up, I'll buy it all now, and if ye want one later, take it, and readjust it out of yer own funds with our accord"... wbich be right AND fair.. I be trying for six potions. There be six o' us. If I do it right, then I have six potions. The gold be mine. I get MY gold back when and IF another wants a potion fair. They need but ask, and we make a swap of treasure money that be from all and such. At the least, I got six potions. But I reckon I won't PAY for them, if anyone wants using them. That way, too, if a lad be more reckless then another, he needs more healing, then he can pay for it right and true (providing we ain't being overt with generosity and such) and then everyone be happy."

Brett adds the last with a matter of fact voice as he kicks the flanks of his sturdy pony into a brisk trot and tacks course for Oleg.

Fortunately, even a gully dwarf could divine today's weather: cold and windy, but clear skies and a fair sun! No rain on the horizon at all...

"Well, that's a piece of good news, and no mistake,"Brett adds, pointing to the sun "does a body good to know there ain't be no bad weather comming..."

"And as for YOU,"Brett asks "Ye had one day of bed rest... ye feel sure safe to go riding with us on this here expedition? I mean to say, do you need to rest a piece at this here Oleg? If not, the more the merrier! And if I don't miss my guess we should be back in time for you to be well rested and such for leaving in the morning. Of course, when I get back, I need to have a list for Oleg for what I want him to order... well, we'll see what's what next."he adds with a wave at the large half-orc as if to say If you're up to it, come on; if you need to rest, sleep up!

Oh, and Gideon, I don't know how many hit points you healed, but provided you don't get into any more trouble, you should be fully rested if you get another night of bed rest. Otherwise, you will need to be healed magically.

901 to 950 of 10,645 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dain's King Maker Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.