Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Dain's King Maker Chronicles

Game Master dain120475

Introduction

This is the Kingmaker Campaign, yet it is filled with many deviations from the boxed set. The "Campaign Information" page is meant as a quick resource to help sum up the thousands of posts quickly.


9,201 to 9,250 of 10,695 << first < prev | 180 | 181 | 182 | 183 | 184 | 185 | 186 | 187 | 188 | 189 | 190 | next > last >>

Male commoner 1

Raz drops 1d3 ⇒ 1 elemental
at -R, -15

and runs away to the far back corner at L,19


Clari – the human that is flanking with you is going to attack you now – he is flanking with the lion.

He attacks you –

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15

IF he hits –
1d8 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (7) + 6 + (4) = 17

Next –

The other human charges over to –V, -9

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

IF he hits –
1d8 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 6 + (3) = 11


The Lion attacks –

Claw 1 – against Dior.
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

IF he hits –
1d8 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Claw 2 – Against Kae.
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

IF he hits –
1d8 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Bite – against Clari -
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

IF he hits –
2d6 + 6 ⇒ (5, 1) + 6 = 12

[b]Meanwhile – the creature shall attempt to make a Grapple Check as a Free Action – without provoking an AoO – because that is just one of his abilities.

Grapple –
1d20 + 15 ⇒ (3) + 15 = 18 - Vs. Clari’s current CMD (Which I am not sure of – via your spells.


Claw against Kae - to confirm Critical -

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

IF it hits
1d8 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Bite against Clari - to confirm -
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

IF it hits
2d6 + 6 ⇒ (6, 3) + 6 = 15


At this time – the enemy with the staff points his finger at Arasmes and directs a bolt of dark energy at him… He shouts something in an unknown language Linguistics to try to understand it.

Ranged Touch to hit…
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

IF it hits –
3d8 ⇒ (2, 6, 5) = 13 – no save.


Meanwhile – 3 Fiendish Eagles show up – they move directly to attack Arasmes – and move to positions –M, -19 - -L-18, and –K, -19.

Each of them shall attack Arasmes at this time –

Eagle 1 at –M, -19
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

IF it hits
1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Eagle 2 at –L, -18
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

IF it hits
1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Eagle 1 at –K, -19
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

IF it hits
1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)

Linguistics: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26


Ariarh Kane wrote:
Linguistics: 1d20+11

It's Aklo!


Female Changeling - Osirion Cleric 4/Oracle 3

Isani holds action at this time.


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)

As a free action she shouts out to her companions that the creepy, evil leader dude (in the red square -AB4) speaks Aklo.

Ariarh begins casting Call Lightning-- (takes 1 round).


Male

Dior issues a scream and angrily pounce attacks the Fiendish Lion,

claw 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
damage 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
claw 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
damage 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
bite 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
damage 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Incredibly - Dior Hit the lion again - and you believe it may be almost finished completely!


Brett uses quick draw to pull his loaded pistol and shoot the cobra in its face!

Attack -
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28 Point Blank Shot -

IF he hits
1d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


Cobra attacks Brett -

1d20 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20

IF he hits –
1d8 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10


The other 2 Cobra types - as if prompted by outside command. The first does a double move and heads to -K, -18, suffering an AoO from Khang.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

IF he hits –
1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

The second - moves to -M, -18, and is attacking Ras directly.

1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29

IF he hits
1d8 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Ry - you'd guess the "boss" recommended that his cronies kill the spellslingers.

Note - it should be noted that the elemental can also make an AoO against the one on -M, -18.


Oh yeah - the other Cobra? He takes a swing at the other spellcaster - Ariarh! He attempts to interrupt her spell with his attack -

1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24

IF he hits –
1d8 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)

Concentration check (DC 21): 1d20 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 4 = 16


Male Half-Elf Invulnerable Rager 2/Crossblooded Envenomed+Draconic Sorcerer 1/ Trapper Ranger 1/Rage-Vivisectionist 2/Dragon Disciple 1

Kae keeps doin what he's doin
Gore
1d20 + 7 + 2 + 3 + 1 - 4 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 2 + 3 + 1 - 4 - 2 + 2 = 19
for
1d8 + 3 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 2 + 3 + 4 + (3) = 23

Cobra gets the rest
Gore (haste)
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
for
1d8 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13
claw
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
for
1d4 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16
claw
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
for
1d4 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14


Male Half-Elf Invulnerable Rager 2/Crossblooded Envenomed+Draconic Sorcerer 1/ Trapper Ranger 1/Rage-Vivisectionist 2/Dragon Disciple 1

confirmation?
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
for
1d4 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15


HP: 47 AC: 14 Hexblade 5

now that the lion's gone take a 5' step to -V, -11


Green guy number 1 moves to –U, -14 and attacks Ariarh!
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

IF he hits –
1d8 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Green guy number 2 moves to –V, -10 and attacks Clari
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

IF he hits –
1d8 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


Male commoner 1

Raz sends the elemental whirlwind along at the enemies.

Reflex save DC 14 to avoid Slam damage
another save is to avoid being captured by the whirlwind.

He hits Greens at:
R,11
T,10
V,10
X,9

Purple
Red, and Blue

casters need to make a DC 15+spell level or loose a spell within 5 ft of the whirlwind.


Green guys -

r, 11
1
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
2
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

T, 10
1
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
2
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

V, 10
1
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
2
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

X, 9
1
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
2
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Then - the Purple guy -
1
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
2
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Red guy
1.
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
2.
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Blue Guy
1.
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
2.
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15


Male commoner 1

Flying by, the whirlwind picks up (R,11) (T,10) (V,10) and deposits the man from (R,11) at (X,4) in order to try to pick up the purple enemy. Purple dodges, so The whirlwind moves on and drops the creature from (T,10) at (Y,0) in order to attempt to pick up the Red and Blue enemies.

It Lifts the red, but fails to damage the blue.

Damage rolls:
(R,11) now at (X,4)
1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

(V,10) in the whirlwind
1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

(X,9) is unmoved
1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Red Guy in the whirlwind
1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Blue guy is affected by the dust cloud so he has his vision obscured


The guy in red is holding his action at this time...


The pink guy moves to -Z, 1 and attacks the Air Elemental - attempting to free his boss.

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

IF he hits -
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Confirm for Critical -
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

IF he hits -
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


Male commoner 1

Here's the whirlwind text. I don't know most of what I'm missing, but something's F-ed up...

d20pfsrd wrote:


Some creatures can transform themselves into whirlwinds and remain in that form for up to 1 round for every 2 HD they have. If the creature has a fly speed, it can continue to fly at that same speed while in whirlwind form; otherwise it gains a fly speed equal to its base land speed (average maneuverability) while in whirlwind form.

The whirlwind is always 5 feet wide at its base, but its height and width at the top vary from creature to creature (minimum 10 feet high). A whirlwind’s width at its peak is always equal to half its height. The creature controls the exact height, but it must be at least 10 feet high.

The whirlwind form does not provoke attacks of opportunity, even if the creature enters the space another creature occupies. Another creature might be caught in the whirlwind if it touches or enters the whirlwind, or if the whirlwind moves into or through a creature’s space. A creature in whirlwind form cannot make its normal attacks and does not threaten the area around it.

A creature that comes in contact with the whirlwind must succeed on a Reflex save (DC 10 + 1/2 the monster’s HD + the monster’s Strength modifier) or take damage as if it were hit by the whirlwind creature’s slam attack. It must also succeed on a second Reflex save or be picked up bodily and held suspended in the powerful winds, automatically taking the indicated damage each round. A creature that can fly is allowed a Reflex save each round on its turn to escape the whirlwind. The creature still takes damage that round but can leave if the save is successful.

Creatures trapped in the whirlwind cannot move except to go where the whirlwind carries them or to escape the whirlwind. Trapped creatures can otherwise act normally, but must succeed on a concentration check (DC 15 + spell level) to cast a spell. creatures caught in the whirlwind take a –4 penalty to Dexterity and a –2 penalty on attack rolls. The whirlwind can have only as many creatures trapped inside at one time as will fit inside the whirlwind’s volume. As a free action, the whirlwind can eject any carried creatures whenever it wishes, depositing them in its space.

If the whirlwind’s base touches the ground, it creates a swirling cloud of debris. This cloud is centered on the creature and has a diameter equal to half the whirlwind’s height. The cloud obscures all vision, including darkvision, beyond 5 feet. creatures 5 feet away have concealment, while those farther away have total concealment. Those caught in the cloud of debris must succeed on a concentration check (DC 15 + spell level) to cast a spell.

I read something about it only affecting creatures smaller than it, but can't find the rules on it, so if someone could find that, it'd be greeeeat...

Anyway, since my last post was ridiculous, and the Elemental can't actually be a whirlwind two rounds in a row...

He flys over the enemies to (Y,0) and slams the red caster
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
for 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Aright - in which case...

The caster shall strike the Air Elemental with his staff -

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

IF he hits -
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


The pink guy shall then attack - first moving to flank

1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 9 + 2 = 24

IF he hits
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


The last guy is not happy - he moves over and strikes the Air Elemental as well.

1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19

IF he hits -
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9


At this time - the Air Elemental has been destroyed.

It is now Isani's turn - then, top of the round.


Male commoner 1

Shoot, i forgot to do anything for Arasmes...
He hasn't gone yet, and is currently surrounded. I'd like to let The Player determine his character's movements at this juncture, cause i don't know what to do for him here...


Female Changeling - Osirion Cleric 4/Oracle 3

Isani's HP 31/31, condition: still nauseated.

Isani holds action. Still on square -W-14.


Male

Top of the round. Dior's current HP 18/25

Dior moves (bypassing any residual noxious gas, though Ras' air elemental may have dispersed this entirely) to -Y-10 and pounce attacks green enemy at -X-9,

claw 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
damage 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
claw 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
damage 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
bite 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
damage 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)

Ry's current HP 19/45

Ariarh places her hand on Kae's arm and casts CLW on him (with the extra aid of her dragon amulet):

CLW on Kae:2d8 + 6 ⇒ (2, 5) + 6 = 13


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)
waiph wrote:

Shoot, i forgot to do anything for Arasmes...

He hasn't gone yet, and is currently surrounded. I'd like to let The Player determine his character's movements at this juncture, cause i don't know what to do for him here...

Arasmes, you're currently positioned at -L-19. You are surrounded by three fiendish eagles summoned by the enemy leader on square -Z1. The fiendish eagles are on -M-19, -L-17 and -K-19. There are also two cobra-headed (blue enemy) men by you at -M-18 and -K-18. I hope that helps with formulating a retconned game plan.

btw, The enemy leader (red box) on -Z1 speaks Aklo (Ariarh shouted the information to all during today's combat).

p.s. I sent you our most recent battle map via email.


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)

Shae you are still positioned at -V-15 and have been safe from the attentions of the enemy spellcasters as you have not cast magic -- lucky for that nauseated state.


M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2

just tell me when I'm no longer nauseated.


Kyton-spawn Tiefling Evolutionist Summoner 7 (Noble) (Init +1 / F +7 R +4 W +7 / Perc. +11 / AC 14 /HP 53

Thanks for keeping track everyone, I would suggest we run but since some people are nauseated that might be problematic.


Eidolon (Init +3 / F +6 R +8 W +2 (+6 vs Ench.) / Perc. +9 / AC 25 / HP 43)

Cali regrets being on another plane lol.


M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2
Arasmes ibn'Fayad wrote:
Thanks for keeping track everyone, I would suggest we run but since some people are nauseated that might be problematic.

If we want to jump off the side I can feather fall up to six people. It's an immediate action to cast.

Edit: though that's casting, so we have to wait until I'm no longer nauseated.


Kyton-spawn Tiefling Evolutionist Summoner 7 (Noble) (Init +1 / F +7 R +4 W +7 / Perc. +11 / AC 14 /HP 53

Desperate times...

Arasmes steps back and taps into his last power to summon. Pulling across the planes he summons a pack of celestial dogs to come and destroy these evil creatures.
5' step to -L -20 then Summon Monster III to summon 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 Celestial Riding Dogs in spaces -L -19 (Dog 1), -M -20 (Dog 2), -K -20 (Dog 3), and -K -17 (Dog 4). They will each attack and attempt to trip as a free action any creature they hit (flying creatures are immune to trip).

Cast Defensively DC18 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28


Kyton-spawn Tiefling Evolutionist Summoner 7 (Noble) (Init +1 / F +7 R +4 W +7 / Perc. +11 / AC 14 /HP 53

Dog 1

Attack on Fiendish Eagle

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Damage

1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

(Might be dead not sure, if it is, Dog 1 5' steps to -M-19)
-----------------------------------------------------

Dog 2

Attack on Fiendish Eagle

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Damage

1d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

(Should be enough to kill it)
-----------------------------------------------------

Dog 3

Attack on Fiendish Eagle

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Damage

1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

(Should be enough to kill it, and so takes 5' step to -K-19 to flank with Dog 4)
-----------------------------------------------------

Dog 4

Attack on Cobra Guy (Smiting)

1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 5 + 2 = 18

Damage

1d6 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 2 = 9

CMB vs. CMD for trip if attack hit. 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
-----------------------------------------------------


Dior Kane wrote:

Top of the round. Dior's current HP 18/25

Dior moves (bypassing any residual noxious gas, though Ras' air elemental may have dispersed this entirely) to -Y-10 and pounce attacks green enemy at -X-9,

claw 1d20+4
damage 1d4+2
claw 1d20+4
damage 1d4+2
bite 1d20+5
damage 1d4+3

Well done! Dior hits the guy with his claw... the other attacks miss - but the guy certainly knows he was hit!


Ariarh Kane wrote:

Ry's current HP 19/45

Ariarh places her hand on Kae's arm and casts CLW on him (with the extra aid of her dragon amulet):

CLW on Kae:2d8+6

So noted - Kae is up 13 HP - his current total at 18.


Arasmes ibn'Fayad wrote:

Desperate times...

Arasmes steps back and taps into his last power to summon. Pulling across the planes he summons a pack of celestial dogs to come and destroy these evil creatures.
5' step to -L -20 then Summon Monster III to summon 1d4+1 Celestial Riding Dogs in spaces -L -19 (Dog 1), -M -20 (Dog 2), -K -20 (Dog 3), and -K -17 (Dog 4). They will each attack and attempt to trip as a free action any creature they hit (flying creatures are immune to trip).

Cast Defensively DC18 1d20+12

Hang on, boss - that can't happen - yet.

Firstly, I need Brett to go - he may be able to help you.

I also need the Cobra guys to go. They are right up in your face - and may discount your action, as they go before you.


Brett - seeing Ras is in trouble, drops his pistol as a free action.

He draws his other pistol with Quick Draw and fires it at the Cobra at -M, -18.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25 because of point blank shot

IF he hits -
1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 1 = 7 because of point blank shot

A hit - and a good one - but not enough... The creature looks like it is now at half HP... even though it is raging.


Dhoj and Grod are still nauseated -

Cobra guy at -M, -18 attacks you

1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27

IF he hits –
1d8 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Cobra guy at -K, -18 attacks you -

1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25

IF he hits –
1d8 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Ras - I am clear the first attack hit you - but I can't remember your AC without Cali around. Do you recall it? If so - let me know... because if it hits - you are now at negative and bleeding out.

If you are still up - after the green guys go - you are able to make your action - all the rolls are free to remain there as you rolled them. However - I don't think even with Mage Armor and Haste that your AC is higher then 25, but I am not sure. Please let me know.

I forgot - the other Cobra guy in front of Brett attacks him, too...

Edit here -
1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23

IF he hits –
1d8 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Brett is hit - and not happy...


Okay - now it is the green guys turn - then I need to leave for work before I am late...

Green guy at -U, -15 is attacking Ariarh again -

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

IF he hits –
1d8 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Green guy in front of Clari at -V, -12 attacks -

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

IF he hits –
1d8 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Green guy attacks Dior at -X, -10.

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

IF he hits –
1d8 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Two other green guys took double moves - they are now on the map as so -

The last green guy moved back to offer some cover for his boss - new map in the mail in a minute...


M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2

Move to -W -13

If I can cast yet:

Ring power to call another fireball

Drop it -1 -y

Fireball Ref DC 17 for half 6d6 ⇒ (2, 4, 5, 1, 3, 5) = 20

If I can't cast then just the move.

9,201 to 9,250 of 10,695 << first < prev | 180 | 181 | 182 | 183 | 184 | 185 | 186 | 187 | 188 | 189 | 190 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dain's King Maker Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.